So are you preordering a Valve Index?

So are you preordering a Valve Index?

Attached: Family_01.jpg (2082x1257, 563K)

Will probably get the controllers at a later date. Might skip the headset and base stations until the next iteration.

Not in a million years.

Now, in 5 years when they over-produce that shit and wind up slashing the price? I might get the controllers if they're sub 100, and the headset if nothing better comes out.

As is, I'm totally fine with just my Vive. My rig isn't even good enough to run shit past 150% at 90hz anyway, so what's the point in upgrading?

>Not in a million years.
>Now, in 5 years
Well which is it?

I'd never pre-order shit from Valve in a million years, not that the product might eventually come down to an acceptable price. There's a big difference.

>1079€
Too expensive, maybe when it drops down to the 500 - 600€ pricemark. Also, can someone give me a straight answer and tell me if it is wireless or wired?

Wired, wireless isn't even high enough bandwidth to handle the Vive.

No way I can drop 1000 for vr right now, what should I get in the interim? I could swing the Reverb but I dunno about those wmr controllers. Rift S tracking seems better but don't know about those screens.

>no eye tracking
>shitty resolution
gen 1.5 trash

I'll keep waiting

Except the Vive Pro has a wireless adapter and it works fine, an adapter will have to be more powerful for the Index though since it can go up to 144hz

So you'd pay an extra 300$ simply to not have a wire?
Seems insanely stupid to me,the wire is long as fuck, if you're stumbling on it it's because you're a fucking moron.

>>Except the Vive Pro has a wireless adapter and it works fine,
It's not fine. Not only does it increase latency, it's also delivering a noticeably compressed image.

If you can't deal with the wire, it's an option. But it's absolutely a downgrade.

Vive pro is wireless. Why wouldn't this be able to pull it off?

I'm still waiting for Zen 2 to upgrade so maybe later this year or next year.

>not available in your country

Attached: 1526102559725.jpg (1024x1024, 54K)

why are they making these even more expensive than the previous gen? do they really want VR to die?

>do they really want VR to die
>Booked Index bundles for the next 4 months.
You're not a very smart person are you?
Vr headsets aren't trying to hit CoD numbers, the entry fee offsets the need to go for widespread appeal.
It also keeps heathens out of the communities

But if you want cheaper options they are available from facebook.
A market needs both cheap and premium options

People generally get upset when they realize they can't afford the premium option and the cheap one "isn't good enough" for them
Nigga, you ain't good enough to buy the good shit, get the fuck outta here

Can I interest you in some Windows Mixed Reality? It's a bargain!

Nah, too pricey for me and too few games.
Plus i'd need to setup the shit and i woudn't have enough space for it.

How do you not have space for two little boxes?

Attached: benders room.png (225x169, 51K)

I can't even buy it in aus even if I wanted to

Attached: 1551169492648.jpg (640x480, 29K)

Couldn't even if I wanted to because they're not selling them here yet. I've also already got a Vive Pro so the headset itself isn't really a big enough upgrade to justify the cost, from what I've seen at least. The Knuckles, though? I'm down for those as soon as they make them available.