Is rise to ruins any fun?

Attached: header (2).jpg (460x215, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fanatical.com/en/bundle/fanatical-anthology-fantasy-bundle
store.steampowered.com/app/296490
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Tried it for an hour and it seems like it could be fun but I fucking suck at it

What is the challenge like?

Very sudden, I wasnt expecting the zombies or whatever to have so much fucking health, lost a couple villagers to it
I'm kinda shit at at a lot of management games though it depends on the game, could of just been retarded about it

Oof, I thought it was just a comfy city builder.

It's more like a tower defense game.
The dev of this game loves to play it by himself for hours every day on stream for some reason.
Some advanced autism.

Oh dear, I might pass then. Is there a casual city building mode or easy mode?

Attached: 0c3714c6eaef8ad1910a43d1b6a029e43b1815bd.jpg (900x1273, 909K)

It's alright for the current discount. Don't particularly like tower defense but then again it doesn't force you to play that way.

So it has a city builder mode?

Tower defense is a built-in mechanic for building your city. They're not seperate modes.
You can build your town however you want. So you can build the walls in such a way that it makes enemies path through a bunch of corridors which are close to a tower that fires at them. Or you can not do that and do a more traditional design with gates and nearby towers where you gather your military dudes.

Is that actually a viable strategy? I want to make an aesthetic city.

Yes, it does, peaceful mode without monsters. There are some hazards, though.
The game is unfinished (hence the early access). And it's grindy as hell. Surviving one year in each region may take you hundreds of hours just for 1 attempt.

They have reworked corruption mechanic, so I don't know. But before you had 2 choices: amass a golem army or build a huge complex maze out of fences and walls, just like in traditional tower defense games.

It is but there's obviously more effort and casualties involved. But this game is not like something like Rimworld where you can get attached to your villagers anyway, so it's not a big deal to me.
Also remember that if you block all entrances to your town, the enemy will pick random points to attack and your towers might not be there. So in the end it is in your best interest to leave at least something open for the enemy AI to come through and place your defenses accordingly.

You have to raise your defenses fast in this game. You can use Holy golems on the first few days, but you have to actually work on building towers or golem combobulators. Don't use guards: 10 guards can't do shit to 250+ monsters, who have the same DPS.

Hmm, I'm debating between this as my first tower defence, and fanatical.com/en/bundle/fanatical-anthology-fantasy-bundle

Which has store.steampowered.com/app/296490

Do you guys have any experience with that?

I have played GemCraft before, but not that particular game. It's a great pick, would definitely recommend. GemCraft 1, 2 and 0 are free.

>dev is willing to play his own game for hours on end

Not sure if based or extremely unbased.

Oh, where can I play them?

In your browser. These are flash games, and are found on sites, like Armorgames or Kongregate.

I tried this game, but I got like every available building on day 3 and my defense is easily able to destroy any attacking monsters, so it kinda feels like all that's left is building more of the same towers and waiting for my people to reproduce.
Am I missing someting?

Kind of. There is not much else to do, however, main goal is to survive 1 year in each region. In your first region this is easy, but in other regions your usual strats won't work. You have to send people and resources to neighbouring bases and raise defenses quickly, because corruption threat will be much higher.

I see, so is it that limited?

I'd call it pretty based. I'd love to be able to make a game I could enjoy for hours.

I would love if I could.

it's a city builder that ends up turning into a tower defense game, monsters show up in waves every night and if you don't have a good setup they're ruin everything.

I played it expecting a comfy city builder, but I still enjoyed it for a week
might pick it up again

Now I'm debating buying both bundles (can't get flash working on this computer)
Thanks guys.

Attached: c738f0a1c6f6d5bbf541d8efa4b14c26452060f8.jpg (1280x1024, 469K)

I can't really see myself continuing this for 365 days, I guess the interesting part is trying to get started in the other regions then?

It seems like it might be a bit slow.