twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Blood Arena... home.

Attached: download.jpg (1280x720, 128K)

Bearer
Seek
Seek
Lest

Attached: images.jpg (300x168, 8K)

reminder that DS2 is the most replayable souls game, if you haven't tried it since launch, you owe it to yourself to play the DLC

Awful.

I bet you haven't even played King's Field

This is true for me because so much of it was forgettable that when I replayed it again last week it was like a new experience.

Id just play ds2 sometimes and chill around majula thinking about shit as I stared off into the painted sunset while the music serenated my bedroom.

Reminder that no amount of options or variety will fix fundamentally awful combat and level design, and replayability, dress up and PvP are for faggots who think that controls don't matter in an action rpg.

the controls are awful, I admit.. but after 30 mins I adapt and don't even notice

>yeah, my room smells like shit because I haven't cleaned it or bathed in a month, but you get used to it after a while

You're a joyless faggot. Maybe have sex for one in your life.

it really doesn't matter in the big scheme of things, the game is a hidden gem once you scratch the surface

And you're just a faggot.

>controls don't matter in a game with real time combat
And this is why no one takes DaS2fags seriously.

Why does DS2 story resonate so much? My heart goes out for Vendrick every single time.

>just a faggot
Well at least I'm a faggot who can be happy and doesn't try and suck the joy away from others around them. So I'm automatically an upgrade compared to you.

he's right though.

No, you're not.

The controls are great and the slight changes prevent the game from revolving around circle-strafing and lagstab fishing.

Whatever, furfag.

You can fix the deadzone issues with a mod anyway
I wish all the Souls games had a "scholar edition" with new enemy layouts and boss encounters. It's like having a whole extra game

His entire kingdom got fucking wrecked because of a huge cunt of a woman. That is as classic of a story as it can get and something we live on the daily even now.

You subhumans act like DS2 is genuinely unplayable because of minor differences between it and DS1. It's perfectly fine, and a slight degree of practice will show that.

>muh high ground
go back to fucking reddit

>You subhumans
Sorry, the only subhumans are the retarded niggerfaggots who think that dressup excuses awful gameplay and level design because they can PvP with other retarded niggerfaggots for 400 hours. Every From game since DeS has had strengths and weaknesses except for DaS2 which is just shit from top to bottom.

2 CATS

soulmemory actually worked and is still the best way to stop twinks

The fact that you clowns think exclusively in hyperbole and address DS2 as such really just shows that either none of you actually played it or that you refuse to actually get good at it. Which is fine because you're also the same type to cry relentlessly about getting ambushed by enemy groups while not actually paying attention to how the intentional structure of levels and tools allows you to engage groups of enemies however you personally wish to, unlike DS1 or BB swarms which simply give you an open space and plenty of death drops and too many enemies to deal with adequately.

youtube.com/watch?v=kFo01GRhUvY

Attached: 34920781420_101f50f2ea_b.jpg (1024x439, 147K)

>The fact that you clowns think exclusively in hyperbole
What hyperbole? Do you even know that that word means? Of course you don't, you're the kind of retard who thinks DaS2 has good level design.

What kind of argument is that? A furfag argument?

majula is my favorite hub

>What hyperbole? Do you even know that that word means?

hy·per·bo·le
/hīˈpərbəlē/
noun
exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.

> except for DaS2 which is just shit from top to bottom.

There are plenty of good elements to DS2. And DS2's level design is perfectly fine, and in many areas surpasses DS1's, which is fellated day in and day out.

>MUH IRON KEEP ELEVATOR
>MUH RUBBLE INVISIBLE WALL

Yes we already know there were two areas of DS2's map that don't make sense. Neither of those have to do with level design, nor do any of those have to do with actual progression. Every game in the series has their fair share of horrible areas and plenty more good ones.

Does using a bonfire ascetic at majula do anything?

I've often wondered that myself.

>except for DaS2 which is just shit from top to bottom.
Except that's not hyperbole at all. There is not a single redeeming feature in that game. You're a fucking retard.

>And DS2's level design is perfectly fine
Sorry, I didn't realize the level of retard I was dealing with. I'll leave you be so you can go back to eating cat litter or whatever else it is you do in your free time.

>Do you even know that that word means
I mean you are calling the game in the series with the highest metacritic (read popular general opinion) as "unplayable"
So yes, that is, in fact the very definition of hyperbole.

The best part about DS2 arguments are the people who insist that they beat it SL1 with just a broke straight sword while still claiming that things like the FotFG optional ambush area were totally unbeatable and impossible

It ranks up the despawned pigs and skeletons at the bottom of the well, as well as resetting the treasure chests. If you get it to level 3, Maughlin sells the Butterfly armor set.

>metacritic
Sweet merciful lord

Merchat stock upgrades to NG+/NG++ but not all of it
More skeletons in the mansion basement and well general stat upgrades to NPCs but other than that not really

basically can be used to farm cracked red eye orbs/human effigies off of the pigs/skeletons respectively. skeletons are guaranteed effigies so its helpful for people who want to not be hollow.

>calling as
learn english you fuck

>read popular general opinion
But its user score (the actual popular general opinion) is lower. Why do you keep using words you don't understand?

You can be as salty as you want but at the end of the day steam reviews and metacritc are just a representation of public opinion.
I get that it sucks when public opinion goes against what you want public opinion to be but no amount of "nu huh doesn't count" is going to change that.

The general public is also retarded and keeps constantly giving high scores to just about anything, but that doesn't change the fact that you are a contrarian who refuses to accept it

What a series of genuine arguments. I'm glad you made your point clear and concise. I concede this argument to you.

The typical anti-DS2 cockroach really doesn't have a concise narrative. The ambushes and gank squads are utter unbelievable bullshit and the worst part about the game, but the game is also apparently pathetically easy and can be beaten at SL1 with barehands without any challenge, and these are interchangeable depending on your argument. The bosses are also full-retard and built to just rack up kills and are unfun for how gimmicky and unfair they are, but are also the easiest bosses to deal with in the series and are extremely simple to handle. The game is just bad no matter what in their eyes and they refuse to ever acknowledge their blatant hypocrisy and circular logic.

Is it possible to get the alternative color weapons somehow?
Blue longsword, black murakumo etc

Attached: 1556404655829.jpg (415x411, 30K)

I really liked her. She seemed like she actually wanted you personally to survive and finish the quest

nothing permanent but when you enchant they're temporarily a different color.

CE

Why are you talking about public opinion and then ignoring user score? Why do you use spoilers incorrectly? Why are ESLfags so fucking stupid?

worst hub of all souls games

You get free humanity from praying at the shrine near end of the game, only if you dont have effigies

I only played DS2 release on console, What are the best meta weapons and dual weapon combos in SOTFS?

I don't even think DS2 is all that good compared to the other DS games and I think you're fucking wrong about Majula. It's absolutely the best.

There's no real meta in DS2, and there never really was anything permanent. Just pick up whatever you find fun and build appropriately. I still remember when we'd see Bandit Dagger/Avalyn and Invisible Powerstance Greatscythes in PvP and getting summoned into Faith/Dex build matches.

DS2 is a miserable game. I was indifferent towards it on its release/my first play through. I went back recently to play SOTFS for the dlc and I couldn't bother. The only good thing are the backgrounds and cutscenes. Gameplay and world are literally shit.

BEAR SEEK SEEK LEST

It truly is wonderful to look at, eventually they switch over to

>well I didn't have any problems with the game obviously, I am the greatest and I beat DS1 so OBVIOUSLY I can easily beat DS2 with my hands tied behind my back and blindfolded, I'm just saying that hypothetically if someone wasn't as great at videogames they would struggle with some parts of it so I will get offended on their half
>Of course I never had troubles but I'm so so so invested in the new player experience of the souls series that I will rave on about encounters that I breezed through half a decade ago because someone else might have struggled with them

It's hard to even get mad at people going to such great lengths and mental gymnastics, clearly the game had a very deep and personal impact on them that they are struggling to get a handle on to this day

>IP didn't increase

Attached: Combo.jpg (541x960, 825K)

Havelmonsters with invisible Double avelyns was the meta from release.

I think that cancer got nerfed a hundred patches ago though

I miss how in DS1 and in DS2 heavy armor would actually fucking mean something and you wouldn't gett stun locked by every fucking weapon in the game like in DS3.

Attached: 1512798409005.png (188x292, 135K)

They get raped blind by Dual Greatshields and they don't even stand a chance against those wacky Darkstorm/Affinity spammers.

The reality is that no one takes you seriously.

Its been 5 years my man and you are still holding a grudge over being bad at a single player videogame so much so that you would samefag on a thread with 25 people in it.

DaS1 Firelink was better though the Nexus is the peak Souls hub

Attached: juan-acosta-siegmeyer2red.jpg (1200x1697, 746K)

The reality is that you're a shit eating retard who understands less about game design than the ESL retard early up in the thread understands about English vocabulary.

Butterfly set

I don't particularly recall DS1/2/3 having an esports scene so you come across as a raving lunatic who just spouts whatever nonsense happens to pass through your head.

Majula was a breath of fresh air being different from all the other hubs though. It was a comfy place that steadily grew in population. The more you proceeded the more it felt like you were building something. And the atmosphere was peak comfy.

LOOK OUT

Attached: pig.png (750x645, 840K)

Do i play sotfs or the normal version?, i have not played since release.

>I don't particularly recall DS1/2/3 having an esports scene
What in the fuck are you talking about?

>you're a shit eating retard who understands less about game design than the ESL retard
This is what I meant. Learn how to structure an argument without relying on epic ad hominem burns. There's very little argument in that sentence once you trim the fat.

>The Nexus
>appropriately named, you access the Archstones here
>cozy as fuck

>Firelink Shrine
>offers several branching paths, some quickly open up even more esp. with master key (Graveyard, Undead Burg, New Londo Ruins, Undead Asylum)
>not that cozy, visitors are liable to die on quest completion and you have to get rid of the snoring jew snake

>Majula
>lots of branching paths, some open up others connect (Forest of Fallen Giants, Hiede's Tower of Flame, Undead Copse, the Pits, Shaded Woods)
>extremely cozy seaside, slowly populated as you complete quests

>Dude 'member Firelink Shrine?
>dead end, you have to warp to the high wall or you're not going anywhere, the starting line of the most linear souls game
>uncomfortable damp pit full of ash and fog loading doors no matter how high your spec

eslgaming.com/
Iunno why you keep talking about this.

>ad hominem
There has never been anyone in the history of this website who has used this phrase and actually understood what it meant, and not been a complete fucking retard. Ad hominem and insult are not interchangeable no matter how hard you try to pretend they are, you fucking idiot.

youtube.com/watch?v=m3CTxI_zbeU

this is my favorite track in dark souls

Attached: 1466546450109.jpg (233x267, 15K)

that's part of the reason why I prefer the others, Majula kind of amasses in population whereas the others have people coming and going as they progress on their own individual missions. Vendors in the other games will disappear or leave to tackle their own pursuits whereas in 2 once someone's in Majula they just sit there until the end of the game

user...

Attached: 62409154_p0.jpg (900x749, 532K)

>An insult is not a personal attack, idiot!
Fucking kill yourself

Unlimited healing in a souls game is a good mechanic, prove me wrong

>ad hominem just means insult
Because you're an illiterate ESL subhuman retard, I'll help you out just this once. "You're an ESLfag, therefore you don't know shit about good game design." That's an example of ad hominem because I brought up an unrelated aspect of your personality and used it to discredit you in the context of the topic at hand. "DaS2 is shit, you fucking idiot." is not an ad hominem, and it will never be one no matter how hard you cry. Learn what words mean before you use them, you fucking idiot.

worst hub
soulless sunlit location
shit tier fire keeper
shit tier NPCs in general
worst fucking music imaginable

Not ad hominem
>You are wrong ergo you are retarded
Ad jominem
>You are a retard ergo you are wrong

Now if we just go back here>The reality is that you're a shit eating retard who understands less about game design than the ESL retard early up in the thread understands about English vocabulary.
>you are a shit eating retard
>ergo your opinion on the game is wrong

I get that english is not your native language and you are very proud of getting a passing grade in your 7th grade english lessons, but that doesn't change the fact that you have absolutely no clue as to what anything you are saying means.
You are literally illiterate, you cannot convey what you mean with words because you don't understand what those words mean, you think you are saying one thing but you are not because you are so inept at communication.

Exactly though. All the other places were all the same. Every. Single. One. Of. Them. That's boring when they're all the same. I liked a place that felt like it was growing for a change. And Majula felt more hopeful than the others, like a community that was growing instead of wayfarers.

best hub music

DS2 was great and you are all a bunch of jaded faggots

Attached: peterdinklage.jpg (1114x1224, 62K)

Learn what it means yourself first before you correct people asswipe

Lifegems have no risk attached since you can buy them endlessly for a small amount of souls. Unlimited healing would work if there was a mechanic based around it, like a healing bar that goes up when you hit enemies. Lifegems are just unbalanced.

user you still haven't actually explained what the Electronic Sports League has to do with DS2 outside of you apparently having and axe to grind with DS2 and ESL so you just lump them together as interchangeable.

>ESLfag trying to teach native English speakers about clause order and English language structure
Where does this level of absolutely absurd confidence in one's ignorance come from? Seriously, how fucking stupid do you have to be to try to teach people English when it's clear that English isn't your native tongue? There has to be some part of your tiny brain that thinks "Maybe I don't actually fully understand these concepts since my English isn't all that great."

I explained it in great detail, you subhuman retard. That's what it means and that's how it's used. "He called me stupid so I'll scream ad hominem" does not make you a master debater.

why does this shitty game have DOF out the ass?

Yeah but the thrones man, the thrones are what really makes III's firelink shrine cool.

How could we forget the classics such as this >Lifegems are easy, there is no punishment for using them
>SM is the worst shit since forever since I can't spam consumbles for no punishment

The DS2 ride never ends

I'd much rather have people coming and going and at risk of death than the same kind of generic hub every other type of game usually does

Shouldn't you be posting your third BB thread of the day?

>ds2 shitters out of the cuck cage already

Attached: 1548017762262.jpg (3000x4510, 3.67M)

Why are you getting so offended my man? It is a well established fact that grammar nazis are not native speakers. This combined with the fact that you are utterly failing to convey anything you are trying to convey (you seemingly randomly jump from one subject to the next because you can't actually explain how they are linked and get extremely upset when people don't understand your nonsensical leaps of logic) tells us that you are either

a) A native speaker who cares very much about proper grammar on a indian basket weaving imageboard (also known commonly as a sad fat fuck)
b) a non native speaker who is so proud of their school grades that you feel the need to try and correct everyone on everything even on things you know nothing about (also known as a faggot)

Pick your poison and get your last word in none of it will change the fact that nobody cares

>the same kind of generic hub every other type of game usually does
Care to list any examples? Cause none come to mind for me. And besides DS2 every other Souls game or Souls like game does it the way you like, so you have like 3 titles at least that do it that way.

i like how everyone nitpicks 2 cause miyazaki wasnt on it 100% so they think its justified

>IP's still not going up
How many times are you gonna try and pull this?

Nothing wrong with ADP and only twinks complain about soul memory

I got this, what order Yea Forums?

Attached: DDD souls.jpg (1600x1200, 162K)

>reused assets
>Some of them are not reussed assets

Attached: 1468063340160.png (403x419, 219K)

>I explained it in great detail, you subhuman retard. That's what it means and that's how it's used
>I know what ad hominem means, and how it invalidates arguments
>Which is why I use it anyway, because I'm smart

Logic not found

Attached: 1510692292126.jpg (403x448, 64K)

Release obviously
1/2/3/remake of 1

Attached: 1548016508099.jpg (1911x2146, 748K)

Ashina feels like home just like Majula used to ;_; I love fromsoft, guys.

got them webms?

>lifegems are bad
>SM is also bad at the same time
Never ever gets old.

Attached: 1548018342061.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

Hope they remaster Ds2 with the lighting system they wanted to make before the consoles burst into flames.

Lol no sudoku for you

>stuff thats in every From game
>but its extra bad in 2 cause i dont like that one

What makes it replayable? It sure as hell isn't the gameplay, levels or bosses, cause those are trash.

>Clearly got hit
The only issue is that the player froze up and teleport onto the blade, but otherwise it was a fair hit.

If you are not the enemy... Then who is?

Attached: SotFS_Vendrick.jpg (1570x898, 1.48M)

Attached: 1478120008465.webm (896x504, 2.91M)

Holy moly, Sotfs fags need to be eradicated. They conveniently forget how trash das2 was on release. That rerelease didn't make it magically good. Just say you started of with 2, no need to be this much of a contrarian.

Attached: mm.png (1280x720, 648K)

Darksiders?
Borderlands?
Fucking any game in the past decade that has a hub in it?
The entire point of Demon's and Dark's hub areas was to buck the trend of hub worlds being 100% safe from outside influence, and for 2 to go back on that is part of the larger issue of the sequels trying to go for a broad audience appeal rather than what made the games special in the first place.

DS3 at least had some threats to vendors but that was negated by the fact that you could get their ashes and then just buy what they had from the handmaid, but at least that's something compared to 2 opting to fit the standard created by other games

True. Sotfs was a major improvement over the original. Still 100% both though.

youtube.com/watch?v=2kr7KDCsIws

Dark Souls 2 is the most fun with a friend.

>I wish every game had it's playerbase split and an added boss that is somehow worse than the original final boss
How about you fuck off?

u think u slick, but the boy be dabbin

Attached: 1446111790679.webm (1280x696, 2.83M)

They should just have put in a secondary hitbox with knockback instead.

>Continues to fight when he got hit
Bruh

Attached: 1541932835157.jpg (640x480, 113K)

based
use this next time

Attached: DS2 Players.jpg (718x960, 129K)

>They conveniently forget how trash das2 was on release
Yes because 50% equip load ninja flipping havelmoms were totally the greatest shit in the universe.

Go download the enemy aggression mod and replay DS1 to get reminded that they all got their perception cut by a solid third with patches and they used to swarm like motherfuckers from half way across the map.
DS3 had fairly OK launch, it had it's issues like the network test FUGS being a guaranteed kill on any build if built right, shame it took them like 3 games to get to the point where the game was only mildly broken on launch

It's the only game in the series that truly grasps the logic behind character building.

You play through the game WITH the intended build, not play through the game to GET the intended build. The others have it backwards to an extent.

>Fucking any game in the past decade that has a hub in it?
You gave two and that was it. Also, Darksiders? I can't recall a hub that would grow in population at all whether it was DarkSiders 1 or 2. Haven't played 3 so I can't really say anything about that.

>it's okay to speak like a retard and use words incorrectly to build up "arguments" because grammar nazis were never a thing around here
Ask me how I know you get here after 2011.

>Logic not found
Work on your English.

Attached: 1547743754571.webm (720x404, 1.51M)

None of the other FromSoft games have those.

Attached: 1547737881165.jpg (4840x9038, 3.25M)

If it wasn't a one time fight i wouldn't even be mad, that's hilarious.

Attached: 1536878365689.jpg (453x500, 38K)

Attached: 1447034836337.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

>the picture of nashadra didn't give off curse in 3
What a soulless game all the references in the world but nothing of any substance behind them

Attached: 1446384243798.webm (940x529, 2.34M)

>all the demons were born of the Chaos Flame and have their own culture underground in a land filled with lava
>except the Demon of Song, which is a frog with a head and arms that hangs out in not-Ash Lake singing all day

Attached: postal dale.png (307x352, 80K)

Attached: 1554930148069.jpg (3838x3020, 2.76M)

Personally I always found that the mos offensive thing about the half dragons was that they got 90% damage reduction for some of their attacks, so even if they were 1 hit away from dying you had to play super careful lest you do 10 damage and then get hit from 10 miles away by their broken as fuck stomp attack

You know, Dark Souls 2 had a lot of flaws, but using a webm of a guy using a speed hack to try to prove your point is retarded.

Wtf ur on the controls were miles ahead ds1
Explain

Attached: 1446564860188.webm (1280x720, 2.14M)

A minecraft tier room with a painting... so much soul!!!!

Attached: soul soulless posters.jpg (680x626, 40K)

I enjoyed dark souls2. it definitely has a unique atmosphere that no other souls games have.

Huh?
What makes you think the Demon of Song is from the same race of demons as those that come from the Old Chos? If your going by just their names then your an idiot because Smelter Demon has Demon in it's name and he was made by humans

>cherry picking, the post

Attached: 1547828208071.jpg (1920x1080, 687K)

>using another "demon" from 2 as an example

>"Its still a great game just not as good as the other Souls games"
If you actually think this neck yourself. Dark Souls 2 is a literal pile of trash by any standard.

Is powerstancing curved swords gay or based?

Attached: 1548017830573.png (1211x863, 1.79M)

Why do you instantly assume that if I say that 3 is soulless that I also mean that 2 was soulful?

The picture posted just illustrated one specific scenario, we can talk about Onionknights and how he had an actual character arc in 1 and was just "jolly fat man" in 3 instead of you want to, my point stays the same, it's just shallow references that look similar while not having any of the depth that made them memorable in the first place.

people really like to hate on das2 but i had a great time
i still remember most of it compared to das3

Attached: 1554030045955.jpg (1920x1080, 407K)

Why are you so autistic?

>people
it's just 1 or 2 assblasted faggots

Attached: 1548034898869.png (640x720, 545K)

You are making even less sense now, the only other thing in the entire series that is even remotely similar to the Demon of Song is Wolnir, and then only just because he is a giant skeleton with thin arms.
Are you seriously making up random nonsensical lore to then complain how the random nonsensical lore you just made up doesn't make any sense? Seriously what are you trying to say here

Do people still not realize the game had to be downgraded due to them not accounting for console limitations?

I'd say it's the most unique souls game

>1 or 2 people
delusional ds2tard

Attached: 1548018851681.jpg (1920x1080, 426K)

>and was just "jolly fat man" in 3
Siegward arguably had more going for him than Siegmeyer given that he tied into one of the main bosses rather than just showing up in various areas

Funny because all O remember was Huntsmans Copse and D Castle being a straight line. Buying it on release was a big mistake.

Attached: 1548018122167.webm (1280x720, 2.31M)

Don't bother DS3 literally has trees growing out of this air in some locations and DS1 has holes through the world next to the Bed of Chaos boss entrance, it's just that these specific people got triggered by 2 and will carry that torch for the rest of their lives. Gotta have a self identity somehow even if it's just disliking a videogame

They shouldn't have been called demons if they weren't going to be incorporated into the Izalith race in some way, that's my point

>this was even in a trailer
m.youtube.com/watch?v=MEWVr0XNXgA
Now imagine it was a grab hitbox

I had a blast with it and frankly most of its flaws i only noticed on my second playthrough / after reading boards and such , while i was playing it first time i was full on board with the game.

Fuck haters

Attached: magic mountains.jpg (1913x2151, 1.02M)

>I'm a chuckster!

>Siegward arguably had more going for him than Siegmeyer given that he tied into one of the main bosses
Appearing in a bossfight does not a complex character make

>stunlocked
You can only get hit twice then magically be able to roll away from everything.

Thanks for proving my point

Attached: 372-1-1408970579.jpg (670x376, 36K)

The fact that he survives the fall elevates that sequence to art.

>not realizing that so much time had passed that the landscape changed

never said he was complex, just that he had more going for him than Siegmeyer, though the fact that he returns to Yhorm's old jail cell to reminisce before the fight is a lot more than most other NPCs get

Attached: 1548017967374.webm (1280x720, 2.74M)

Post more webm's you cunts theyre funny

>demons if they weren't going to be incorporated into the Izalith race in some way, that's my point
Are you fluent in japanese? Not even trying to insult you here but the translators changed a fuckton of things in all the games, sometimes changing names of places/creatures entirely because direct translations made no sense, so its kind of hard to tell what was done intentionally by design and what was a localization oversight.

Or you can, of course, ignore all that and continue to pride yourself on your ignorance and inability and unwillingness to ever try to truly understand anything

Actual shockwave.

Attached: 1547437707162.webm (1920x720, 2.81M)

Attached: DS3 collision.webm (1280x720, 745K)

Aside from SL1 playthroughs what do you recommend to make DS2 replays more fun?

Playing DS3 instead

whether it was the localizers or the original Japanese names it still has a complete lack of care for the setting of the series

Attached: 1548383832003.webm (640x480, 2.26M)

Attached: DS3 walls.webm (1280x720, 1.69M)

only fun I ever had in this game was dual caestus

I want to have fun though

>though the fact that he returns to Yhorm's old jail cell
What?

Are you implying that the jail cell that was made for another giant (who is still in there I might add) was Yorhms or the tiny ass cell that Siegward was locked in was supped to have been Yorhms?

Attached: 1548110072883.webm (1280x720, 883K)

Attached: Dark souls 3 clip.webm (747x420, 2.89M)

>the dark souls 2 room is just a huge, empty square with a skeleton and a fuckhuge painting
God, the level design in that game was shit.

Attached: 1548018033497.webm (960x540, 2.86M)

Attached: DS3isagoodgame.webm (1280x720, 2.87M)

Absolutely fucking BASED webm posters.

So willful ignorance it is, thats fine. But do keep in mind that whenever you see another 40 year old politician talk about how videogames are causing school shootings know that he is operating off of the exact same mentality as you

Attached: Dark souls.webm (640x360, 499K)

check out my boy quin69 on twitch, literal gaming god who came up with some sick challenges for his playthrough:
1. no shields
2. no fat rolling

boom there it is, pc fucken gaming bro

cope ds2 trannies

Attached: 1450439440825.webm (640x360, 1.92M)

Majula theme is top comfy, shame no other tracks stand out. DS3 has best boss music of the from games imo

Attached: dark souls 3 roll simulator.webm (640x360, 2.85M)

The final Siegward location is intended to be Yhorm's cell, the giant in Irithyll Dungeon is a slave and likely not a prisoner, plus the description of the cell key emphasizes the giant was alone, which Yhorm's other items describe him as as well

Attached: 1552986409400.png (1422x800, 2.24M)

>dashes into the grab like a retard
yeah, what's the problem here?

>getting punished for hugging the butt like a casual
based

>willful ignorance
for caring about presentation and consistency in a series?

I'd say I'm coping fairly well.
Cant comment on your obsession with a 5 year old game that you apparently didn't eve like. Sounds like obsession to me but I'm not a professional on the subject so what do I know?

Attached: 1484639665350.webm (1600x900, 826K)

Attached: darksouls3 pvp.webm (700x500, 2.92M)

Attached: 1447790975109.gif (1266x712, 1.39M)

I see your point, on the other hand Wolnir was originally meant to be in Irathyll but clearly he is not an the jails cell is occupied by another giant.
If thats your headcanon then thats fine, it just doesn't really make sense for me so the character fell flat.

what are we looking at here

Attached: 1548018408015.webm (1280x720, 2.77M)

Yes, yes, this is an exception you are not "really" like those people, it's just "this one time" where you can afford to look past all the nuances and pretend they don't exist, you don't do that for "real issues".

this makes me sad

Now this is autism. Why is it that the same guy appears in every DS2 thread and has to spam his video folder while screeching "NO NOBODY CAN LIKE DS2! FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU!" It's embarrassing, Jesus Christ.

Attached: 1523523010578.gif (330x312, 1.28M)

Attached: 15139368196480.png (1280x720, 1.44M)

based

>literally touching the chest
>surprised when hitbox gets nicked

thanks for compiling them in one post so people can easily look and laugh at ds2

Half of his webms are of the exact same thing, you get hit by a grab attack you always get grabbed, but well, you can' expect a sub 50 IQ troglodyte to learn basic game mechanics can you?

I do wish that DS2 had more time to be developed. It could have been the best one instead of just second best.

Attached: 1474211709983.webm (1280x720, 2.69M)

Why are you pretending it's not you?

>You play through the game WITH the intended build, not play through the game to GET the intended build. The others have it backwards to an extent.
True true
So fucking true. I played DS2 as Thor from early on which is something I couldn't do with 1 & 3

there's no reason to consider the other uses of "demon" in Japanese media when the subject is the Souls series and how it's presented there, I'm sorry you're so insecure that pointing this out bothers you to this degree

Attached: 1547357133808.png (760x589, 60K)

Because obviously nobody will notice how he stopped posting webms to make that reply.

god tier: BB=DaS1>DeS
contractual obligation tier: DaS2>DaS3
At least DaS2 had neat, interesting innovations and great PvP

Attached: __hunter_and_iosefka_bloodborne_drawn_by_arizuka_catacombe__f00b6a5278a13b6891f02049e7861b6f.jpg (1000x1410, 932K)

got a CIA edit?

Attached: DS3.webm (720x540, 2.51M)

S-tier: BB
A-tier: DeS, DS3,
B-tier: DS1
N64 tier: DS2

Christ, maybe the reason why DS3 was so shit was because it went full fucking anime with all the weapon movesets.

Attached: 1483935191680.jpg (568x460, 44K)

fucking beautiful
look on and seethe, DS2 troglodytes

> 3 A tier
lmao
>impliication that N64 is bad
yep, it’s a snoyger

This is art. Fuck DS2.

seething N64 souls nigger

one of these is a samefag

WA actually added something new to this game like combos.

that move originated in DS1's boss fight and was in the weapon moveset in DS2

isn't it so bizarre that just under Blight Town is the Demon Ruins? There's so much lava just under a pool of swarmy poison! What were they thinking?!

talking about DaS outside of /dsg/ gave me cancer

And all they had to do was make everything fucking anime and get rid of poise to do it. Yeah, fuck DS3.

Attached: 1478843539493.jpg (298x311, 35K)

swap DS1 and 3 and this is a fine ranking

>lava is underground
woah

>one of these is a samefag
yes, one of there is not the other
sasuga DS2nigger

>get rid of poise
oh no it's so sad you can't stand in front of the boss and spam like a mouth breathing retard.

>r uses of "demon" in Japanese media
No, but there is reason to consider other words that might have been translated into "demon" in english despite being different root words in japanese.

Besides
Soul of the mystical Moonlight Butterfly, which flitters in the Darkroot Garden.
Special beings have special souls. The butterfly's soul is a creation of Seath the Scaleless.
Use to acquire a huge amount of souls, or to create a unique weapon.

I distinctly remember their being more than 1 moonlight butterfly despite the game and description telling me that it was a "unique being with a unique soul", you are taking an absurd magnifying lense to some things you don't like and glossing over the flaws of the things you do like.
This is fine, sort of, it's basic human nature, it is also the opposite of critical thinking and you shouldn't expect to not get called out on it.

On the subject of demons, they are apparently "a dying race" in DS3, while DS3 also tells us that the profaned flame is everlasting.
The lore was never meant to be read into too much, the demons are dying because its a reference to DS1 where they were plentiful and strong, it only exist to evoke an emotion like sadness, you are not really meant to read so far into things as I did with the profaned flame and as you are with "demons" in 2. (Why wouldn't people just call random big monsters Demons, when canonically all the DS1 demons were killed way way way before the events of DS2 by the Ivory King?) Why do you try to justify some lore but go out of your way to ignore the rest, just so you could hate on it for not making sense when you yourself are going out of your way make it not make sense? Are you actually this blind to what you are doing?

found the samefag

>getting rid of build variety
You're just upset because you were too stupid to figure out how poise worked in DS1 and DS2 or you were getting dunked on by poise bros. Face it, they just tried making DS3 into Bloodborne 2.0 and it was shit for it.

>when canonically all the DS1 demons were killed way way way before the events of DS2 by the Ivory King?
1. where is this even stated
2. the demons are still kicking it in DS3 so clearly that's wrong

>On the subject of demons, they are apparently "a dying race" in DS3, while DS3 also tells us that the profaned flame is everlasting.
Chaos Flame =/= Profaned Flame

You can use iGP11 for the SOTFS version of the game.
Set it to texture dump mode, find the texture you want (you need something to view/edit *.dds files, I use GIMP with a plugin and SageThumbs to view these files in Explorer without opening them), edit the file and put in the tex_override folder.

>750 damage from a rapier poke
how
he's not even wearing the engraved gauntlets for that % chance of a crit

>where is this even stated
Did you play Crown of the Ivory King, if yes then the answer should be obvious, if no then why are you even discussing lore if you skipped vast chunks of it?
>the demons are still kicking it in DS3 so clearly that's wrong
Well obviously, the ivory king wasn't around forever. Besides it's ok for DS3 to retcon DS2 but not for DS2 to retcon DS1?

>Chaos Flame =/= Profaned Flame
No, it was just another eternal flame that was found in a winter tundra under an abandoned city, do keep in mind this argument started because apparently the "demon" of song shouldn't have been called a demon because only DS1 demons can be called that. You can't have it both ways, you can't claim that every tiny detail matters and then act as if everything that contradicts it is coincidence.

Rob, Flynn, Weapon buffs and builds actually mattering? Rapiers in 2 do shitlods of counter damage, it's why the normal rapier/espade is the boss slaying weapon of choice in that game

DS3 shitters will pretend all this is okay.
>The most linear of all the Souls and Soulslike games
>The shittiest fashion souls
>The least amount of viable build variety
>A hub that's a dead end unless teleportation
>No poise
>No stance
>shittier multiplayer than all previous games
>A final boss that's literally a nobody
>Healing can't be punished
>Being carried by summons can't be punished
>Magic shit
>The worst swamp in all of Soulslike
>Very clearly running out of ideas

Attached: 1527686387435.jpg (837x1024, 179K)

how does miyazaki do it lads?

Nothing in the Ivory King's items say he fought demons, only the spread of the Chaos flame, which in this case is the literal Chaos flame that is growing underneath Eleum Loyce. The closest mention to demons I can find from the items is
> Sir Fabian led the loyal knights of Eleum Loyce straight into the depths of chaos to exterminate the terrible things that dwelled there, but not one of the selfless knights returned.
which isn't specific and even states they failed
>Besides it's ok for DS3 to retcon DS2 but not for DS2 to retcon DS1?
considering 2's lore is garbage, yeah, it is

Hey man soft cap souls 3 has great build variety, you can choose to got at least 27 vig or you can choose to be a retard!
Why the fuck does END hard cap at 40, what on earth is the point of having a skill that goes from 10 to 100 if only the first 40% actually give ANYTHING at all for leveling them?

>ip count didn't go up

Oh no, i guess that means DS2 is a great game and instead of addressing any of the criticism i will simply call him a samefag for the entire thread.

Maybe you shouldn't samefag then.

I dont know whats more pathetic, the guy reposting the same webms every DS2 thread or the guy who spent the entire thread saying samefag and ip count didnt go up. Oh wait i do know, its you.

Chaos flame isn't eternal as DS3 shows with the Old Demon King's and the Demon Princes flames extinguishing, and yes only demons from Izalith should be referred to as demons, considering the 'demon' moniker originated there along with the various species and the demonic culture. How hard is that to understand?

Sounds like you're mad because I'm hitting the mark.

think for yourself

>2 is bad
>BUT 3
Like clockwork.

>Nothing in the Ivory King's items say he fought demons
Okay.

The Knights of Loyce were commanded
to strike down each malformed terror that
arose from Chaos, and they would not
hesitate even if it were their own king.

The golems were charged with the
containment of the creatures of chaos
within the boundaries of the wall.

This land is barren,
Cursed, by the old Chaos.
It gave birth to atrocities,
and the people fled in fear.
Until our lord, the Ivory King, came.

My dear lord, a most true king.
It was with his magnificent soul
that he built Eleum Loyce…
…and contained the spread of Chaos.
But the Chaos would not be sated,
and the King gave his own soul.

Ring of the guardians of Eleum Loyce. Attacks greatly reduce enemy stamina. Eleum Loyce existed to subdue the raging flame, but when the ivory gates were flung open, the land grew cold and lifeless

he proud Ivory King was ever-merciful,
and devoted himself to the protection
of his great land, until he was devoured
by the flames of chaos

Or did you forget that the witches of CHAOS and the bed of CHAOS. If your going to complain about Demons and the misuse of that word then you should also accept that CHAOS is a reference to the demons of 1.
Soul of Quelaag, once daughter of the Witch of Izalith, but now a chaos demon.

For some reason I get the feeling you didn't actually play Crown of the Ivory king and are just going off of what you heard other people talk about.

ds2 negroids will pretend this is okay
>ds2 existing

Didn't mention DS2. You wanna get something off your chest, user?

Why is it that people who hate on DS2 get so sensitive when DS3 is criticized?

>Long ago, when Sulyvahn was yet a young sorcerer, he discovered the Profaned Capital and an !!!!!!!!UNFADING FLAME!!!!!!! below a distant tundra of Irithyll, and a burning ambition took root within him.

I'm fairly sure that unfading means, well, unfading
>not losing brightness, vitality, or strength.

>nothing in those descriptions suggest the demons were fully eradicated
what was your point again?

i remember them being strong, but mostly because of the stunlock, not for that single-attack damage
rob is +40 damage and flynn requires the DLC
apparently she's weak to fire, not even lighting

icons memory are a bit fuzzy but i think the first one is the leo ring, which would explain a bit of it

Mate.
The thread is about 2. The state of you.

seek help, ds2 being a dumpsterfire is the widely accepted consensus. it can't be good for your mental wellbeing thinking there's a samefag conspiracy that thinks your dumpsterfire smells like burning garbage.

Attached: 1553354934039.png (715x501, 237K)

this thread is fucking mental i love it

>The demons, birthed from a common Chaos, share almost everything between them, even the pride of their prince, and his near-faded flame.
>So that the last demon standing may rekindle it.
the Chaos Flame fades, the Profaned Flame doesn't
stop trying to combine two lore elements that clearly don't connect

Why is it contrarians who defend ds2 can't defend it without mentioning ds3?

>can't discuss other DS games in a DS thread
the state of you

they acknowledge their game is severely inferior to the first, so they try to criticise the third in a desperate appeal to oldfags.

You're not even denying the samefagging at this point.

>hurr you're samefagging again!!!
kek you're so fucking pathetic but it doesn't surprise me it takes mental illness to shill ds2.

Attached: 1547063997488.jpg (3440x1440, 530K)

the sad state of DS3 shitters. If DS3 is so great then why is it that you have to shit up every DS2 thread you see while also autistically defending every fault in DS3 when criticisms are mentioned?

>what was your point again?
That you can go to the Old Chaos and there are no demons there?
Seriously dude did you even check out a lets play of this or is your entire view of the game based on internet opinions of other people?

The point of the descriptions is to illustrate the the knights of eleum loucyce went and fought the old chaos.
There are no more demons in said old chaos, just the knights and the ivory king
There are no DS1 style demons ANYWHERE in DS2, they only show up again in DS3 and DS3's plot is about how different locations are drawn together from different times and places because the world is ending, the overarching plot of the series is how the world resets itself every now and then and how almost nothing lasts forever and at best just gets imitated later on.

>the Chaos Flame fades, the Profaned Flame doesn't
But the Chaos Flame is in eleum loyce, eleum locyce is a city in a tundra

You either have to accept that the profaned flame (which was found in frozen city in a tundra) was the flame of chaos, or there was a hitherto unmentioned other entenral fame in another city in another tundra which is a very odd omission in a series where all the lore is built up vague references and descriptions of places matching.

>still not denying it
Freudian slip

Attached: 1534116858120.gif (266x243, 250K)

>it's just 1 or 2 assblasted faggots
Defending the steaming pile of dogshit that is DaS2? Yeah, we know.

DS1 chad here. Feels good not to go through the mental gymnastics 2 and 3 cucks have to go through to try and convince themselves their favorite game isn't inferior to mine.

Attached: 1506878557459.jpg (250x224, 7K)

who's to say the Old Chaos is exactly where Izalith was? You really think all that's left of Izalith is a floating chunk of stone floor?
Eleum Loyce clearly isn't Anor Londo or Lordran yet you're dedicated to believing Irithyll is Eleum Loyce solely because they both have flames under them, ignoring the fact that the remains of Izalith itself are also under Irithyll?

Attached: 5424694.png (400x266, 136K)

That's a feature because it's designed for co-op!

>they just tried making DS3 into Bloodborne 2.0
And it had the best combat of all the Souls games.

Why can't you defend ds2 without mentioning ds3?

The real reason for all of this is obvious, Miazky is and old man and even in DS1 he placed coins with the portrait of the legendary Knight King Rendal on its face in Anor Londo, a place the legendary Knight King tried to reach but failed but somehow coins with his face on them ended up there?

It's just an oversight, they happen and it's nothing to sleep over, but this also means that well, oversights DO HAPPEN, the weird deal with the Profaned Flame/Old Chaos/Chaos flame is just another example, mistakes happen, but by the same merit you should also be able to deduce that not everything is some grand keikaku and sometimes things just don't make sense or don't translate from one game to the next. Not all things called "demons" are "chaos demons from the flame of chaos", is that truly such a hard pill to sallow?
Surely if you dislike DS2 you can find another reason for disliking it as opposed to trying out increasingly more elaborate mental gymastics to try and explain away all these inconsistencies.

The fact that it is called the CHAOS and well, all of the post of above.
Again this whole argument started because the "demon of song" was called the """""demon""""" of song and that's a massive breach of lore but apparently the old CHAOS being related to the CHAOS flame and the witches of CHAOS is a-ok?
Denial isn't healthy for your brain my man just find something else to bitch about

That's a laugh. It was just shittier combat than Bloodborne and that's all DS3 will be remembered for.

Why can't you defend DS3 without mentioning DS2?

Why can't you defend DS3 without mentioning DS2?

>haha, I actually have time have reflexes and worry about spacing attacks instead of stacking poise and brute forcing through everything
>what a shitty action game!
DaS2fags are so impossibly fucking stupid.

So because it's called the Old Chaos it's impossible that it could have moved between games? Flames spread retard

This thread is about ds2, specifically.
Why can't you defend ds2 without mentioning ds3?

>ds2 being a dumpsterfire is the widely accepted consensus
Nope. Majority still loves the game and only a few autists like you hate it

DS2 was an ok game but I feel it wasn't very memorable.

>yet you're dedicated to believing Irithyll is Eleum Loyce solely because they both have flames under them
No, mostly because of the constant references to Chaos

The Chaos Flame is said to have devoured the mother of pyromancy.
Create a chaos flame, and hurl it at foes.

They are very clearly linked, and if you want to bring up why things exist in DS3 that should because of previous games then why on earth was Gwyndolin alive in DS3 to be fed to Aldrich when I killed him in DS1?

You can make up lore to justify just about anything so why are you so insistent on making up lore and then asking why the lore you just made up doesn't make sense?
Why are you trying so hard to find things to dislike that you have to invent them?

Nobody ever said it couldn't move, the argument here is basically
Does Chaos Flame (DS1) = Old Chaos (DS2) and if that = Profaned Flame (DS3)

DS1 chaos flame makes a lot of notes about being the chaos flame
DS2 pyromancy references the chaos flame, and DS2's DLC has an entire area called "the old chaos" that apparently spawned abominations (the DS1 flame of chaos does this as well) until ivory king set up a fortress to stop said abominations from terrorizing the world
DS3 then refers to someone finding a flame in a city in a tundra under which was unfading, logic dictates that this is the Old Chaos from DS2 because it's the only city in a tundra with a flame below it in the entire series, inveting a new location that's exactly the same as an old one would be odd.

The issue arises because DS3 also makes mention of the Chaos Flame as being a different separate thing on its own, not related to the profaned flame, this is either an oversight or, as per my previous sentence, a very very very very odd design choice to make references to an old location but then claim it's not that location at all.

Not everything in the series is totally 100% waterproof all the time is my point.

So we are not allowed to talk about DS3 in a thread that where the OP mentions DS2?
Why not, its the same series an the nature of discussion is to move between related subjects.

Why can't you form your own opinions instead of blindly parroting other things other people have said, and if you are capable of forming your own opinions then why don't you express those opinions instead of regurgitating stale memes from years ago?

Actual DaS2 question now.
I'm playing the game for the first time and want to run a girthy cunt strength build but with fast rolling.

What's the best strength weapon? Is powerstancing heavy weapons worth it?

I'm currently using Greatsword +5 with some lighter armor for fast rolls.

cope

>n64souls nignogs pulling serious stretches of mental gymnastics after getting blasted to orbit with the webm and screenshot spam

Attached: dcks7vd-9e4e74bb-d15f-4c87-a2db-a56f01248432.png (921x629, 458K)

majula makes ds2 the comfiest of all souls games

I treat ds2 as a guilty pleasure,for most of the time its shit but i has its moments like burnt ivory king fight also the gameplay and replayability is great

ds3 on the other hand is just such a waste of potential,expecialy after all cut content that was discovered,its could be best game in the series with shit like bonfire sacrifice mechanic and plot focusing on evil nature of serpents but in the end what got was just a linear game with too much fanservice

Attached: 1556557473864.jpg (397x580, 32K)

>girthy cunt strength build but with fast rolling.
Stamina load isn't just about breakpoints in 2, you have the same roll animation for everything below 70%, but the roll distance and your overall stamina regen speed scales with your equip load, a 69.9% equip load build will have about half the roll distance of a 20% equip load build despite both ostensibly having the same "medium roll" animation.

You can get a bight dick STR weapon with fast rolls but then you sacrifice armor and STR (up until NG+++ where all your stats will be absurdly high anyway) to get it, or you can get a big dick STR weapon but significantly weaker rolls but heavier armor and easier tanking by wearing heavier armor.
>What's the best strength weapon?
Early game the Mace is fairly decent, but it has poor range and a terrible moveset, it makes up for it by having a really strong damage type, lategame most greathammers are amazing because of the damage and the ability to pancake people never ceases to not be useful but high stats requirements, high weight and where you find them makes them sort of impssible to use unti midegam/lategame

>Is powerstancing heavy weapons worth it?
Not until NG+ unless you are willing to sacrifice absolutely all your armor and every other stat to get them to be worth using (powerstancing is for when you have 60+ of your primary damage stat, because both weapons benefit from scaling, if you stop at 40 then just 2 hand a weapon and buff it)

The greatsword is the second beast ultra greatsword in the game, the FUGS is slightly better for PvP the Ivory Kings UGS is the best PvE weapon in the game, and you get it after beating the final boss of the last DLC, it also has really shit durability.

>Stamina load isn't just about breakpoints in 2, you have the same roll animation for everything below 70%, but the roll distance and your overall stamina regen speed scales with your equip load, a 69.9% equip load build will have about half the roll distance of a 20% equip load build despite both ostensibly having the same "medium roll" animation.
I fucking knew it. Im so annoyed at myself. I was equipping heavier armor and was sure my stamina etc was regenerating slower but I convinced myself I was being a stupid dick because the animation was the same. What sack of shit designed this?

>metacritic.com/game/pc/dark-souls-ii
>metacritic.com/game/pc/dark-souls-prepare-to-die-edition

If your distinction between the greatest game ever made and the worst piece of garbage existence is 0.4 then I really don't know what to say.

Can't ass myself to finish this game for the life of me. I've had three copies over the years...don't know

PTDE had optimisation and newer windows compatibility issues and controller problems and still scored higher than dumpsterfire souls 2
why did you post that and avoided posting console release DS1? are you hiding something, user?

>What sack of shit designed this?
Someone who didn't want people hugging breakpoints for no punishment whatsoever. DS2 has quite a few things like that, mechanics that exist to reward NOT metagaming to its fullest extent, it created a whole new kind of metagame on its own but a lot of the core design choices come down to this like SM to punish hoarding souls/wasting it all on consumables "because only levels matter" and enemies agroing in groups if you try to bow cheese too much. It's like the designer set out to fuck with people who expected it to behave exactly like 1 except with new weapons and areas.

Take it or leave it, it is what it is

metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/dark-souls
metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/dark-souls-ii

Caught me with my hands red and in the cookie jar, the actual difference between the greatest game ever made and the worst garbage in existence is actually 0.6

All das are fun :)

urmomgay

Sorry, you have to pick a side and be a tribalistic autist

Hunter's Dream > Firelink 2 > The Nexus > Firelink > Majula

based
Dark Magic was so fucking op in vanilla

Why denial fags hate das2 so much

I played DS2 again last month. The game has its moments good and bad but the controls are utter horseshit. I'd forgotten just how laboured it feels to move around in that world. Played DS1 again right after and that was a joy in comparison.

The one thing DS2 did the best of all was jumping and falling animations (not the falling damage, thats another can of worms entirely), but falling down from some height or just walking off a ledge feels sudden and instant like it should, DS1 and 3 your character sort of hovers mid for a second, then gently hovers down and then takes 1000000 fall damage upon landing.