Anyone else really like this game? It was my first Metroid game...

Anyone else really like this game? It was my first Metroid game, and even though it's pretty linear compared to the other titles, I still think it's really good. It had A+ atmosphere, bosses, OST and spritework.

Attached: Metroid_Fusion.jpg (320x320, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mJfmoQFNBlY
youtube.com/watch?v=t8JEDuXZaDI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

easily the best looking 2d metroid for sure. gameplay and exploration was a bit dummed down from super metroid tho

Best 2d Metroid

I see everyone in here has good taste

Was also my first metroid game, although I wish it wasn't. The Metroid reveal would have been way more impactful if I had known anything about the lore before hand.............or if I wasn't just a kid.
Played it so much though, I can pretty much speedrun run it without much thought.

Attached: elephant.jpg (1280x720, 132K)

It's my favorite one, but it was also my first Metroid.

I like it but it's not my favorite 2D Metroid.

Attached: 1553430490156.gif (240x160, 344K)

Just hope a sequel happens and they don’t just press the reset button and give Samus her old suit and ship back just for pure aesthetic nostalgia.

Neato, was also my introduction to the series. Didn't know Samus was actually a grill until way too late. I thought AI Adam saying "any objections, lady" was some sly dig they used in the military,

Very fun and smooth game. A little too linear, but makes up for it with the panicky timed sections. Probably the only Metroid that made me sweat.

It was my 2nd Metroid. I played Metroid 2 extensively on the gameboy as a kid and I really love where Fusion went.with the series.

Although Metroid is also stellar as a sprawling, non-linear series, Fusion proved that a linear, focused Metroid can be done extremely well. Fucking love this game.

Attached: 1546748589218.jpg (931x1024, 95K)

It's pretty good. Prefer SM and ZM over it, and both those games have a lot more replayability which doesn't do Fusion any favors.

God damn it where the fuck is Metroid 5. It has been over a decade.

Attached: 227a01c0-aab7-4d2a-a548-66c01f2d055f.png (1680x1186, 1.14M)

I like but it wasn't my first (that was 2) but it and prime are why I started playing Metroid games.

A fantastic game way overdue for a sequel. It's like the writers are scared to push the series forward.

Really good game, haters gonna hate. I replay it every year annually, maybe I should start speedrunning it. This game will always be remembered unlike the microwaved turd that is Samus Returns.

Attached: 1555025705921.png (762x557, 544K)

I played Minish Cap more than this. Space settings bore me.

Attached: Minish Cap.jpg (1600x800, 365K)

i dont understand why people talk about linearity in games as if its inherently bad but then shit on games like botw and red dead 2 anyway

Sakamoto is ready to make it now.

They are just murrican kids user, they automatically think freedom = superior gameplay. Even though linearity more often than not yields tighter gameplay and level design.

Can't believe it's been more than 15 years. Any other fanbase would have given up on a sequel yet we are used to being starved... I hope the Prime trilogy is released soon to tide us over.

I can see both being announced at this year's E3 with the Prime Trilogy hitting this year and Metroid 5 coming next year for the Switch.

best 2d metroid game

I liked elements from SR. The Metroid fights are a hell of a lot better gameplay-wise than they are in the original, they actually found a use for the grapple beam, I liked some of the music remixes.

I'm very mixed on the suit designs. There's aspects of them I like but I also don't understand why everyone fawns over them. People trash the Other M suit for having a mediocre arm cannon but honestly SR's is the worst the series has ever seen period, a literal glow in the dark light up toy instead of an actual weapon. I'm convinced they're only as well liked as they apparently are because SR is the first 2D Metroid in over a decade, making people give it a free pass. Guarantee once 5 or Prime 4 gets shown off people will look back on something like the SR Varia suit a lot less fondly

Attached: 18065bb5-cbaa-4bd1-92b2-7757142e5045.png (1134x1612, 2.45M)

Nope, SR suit shits on Other M's garbage suit and I can't wait to see this version or an updated version of this suit makes a return in Metroid 5.

This is making me want to replay it. It's such an easy and fun game to replay unlike other Metroids that are just time sinks.

I can't wait to see a different suit design entirely, I don't really like either of them. Definitely hope Prime 4 sticks with the Prime 2/3 varia design

Attached: a6e532ce-f240-4685-af52-48851d9c980e.png (1324x1589, 1.05M)

I always like the Prime 1 suit the best in the Prime series, looked like her Super Metroid suit. I really like the SR suit, it was a nice update, hope it sticks for the future, with MercurySteam collaborating with Nintendo EPD Production Group 7 again, I can see it happening.

Attached: 1508213565825.jpg (1654x928, 469K)

Fuck the goddamn backtracking. This game would be so much fucking better if it didn't hide the alternate routes between sectors until the very end of the game. Having to deal with the entire slog of "go halfway into Sector Ass, walk back on the same route, then do Sector Dick and Sector Balls, and finally return to Sector Ass, retread the first half again so you can keep going all the way to the end, then go all the way back AGAIN to get to Dick part 2, and at the end of Dick part 2 you can finally see a shortcut to Balls before you have to go from Balls back to the base, base to Ass, and then go all the way down on Ass again so you can get to the other end." Fuck that shit.

I used to watch my older friend play this and pokemon green over and over. He was practically able to speed run it. Good times

Attached: U-Mos.png (1280x718, 995K)

This, hope Metroid 5 keeps the inner monologues but is more open-ended like Metroid NES/Zero Mission and Super Metroid. Even Metroid II/Samus Returns was more open-ended.

Same. I love Metroidvanias but have never finished a Metroid game.

Attached: Nightmare.png (480x320, 24K)

Attached: SkyTown_Elysia.png (1920x1080, 2.71M)

Fusion definitely had the best atmosphere of the 2D games.

My first Metroid game as well, I should really play it again

Attached: Samus....jpg (620x877, 204K)

I have only beat Metroid - Zero Mission but I own Fusion, Super Metroid and Samus Returns. What should I start next. I assume Super Metroid? I just don't want to spoil myself with the best one

Attached: 1515001621217.jpg (850x1384, 133K)

I was told that this wasn't worth playing so I skipped it for years. Played it for the first time a few months ago and had an absolute blast. It's honestly second only to SM in my eyes and there are even some things it does better like control and movement

>EMERGENCY IN SECTOR 3
>EMERGENCY IN SECTOR 3
>EMERGENCY IN SECTOR 3
>EMERGENCY IN SECTOR 3

Attached: 1528870353735.jpg (854x810, 296K)

It's good.

Zero Mission's my favorite, but Fusion's atmosphere is unmatched.

Fusion would be better if it didn't lean so hard on Super Metroid. The content that is wholly original to Fusion is some of the best content in the series.

FIRE ALERT
THIS SECTOR WILL SOON BE LOCKED DOWN
SIXTY SECONDS TO ISOLATION LOCKDOWN

Attached: kornheiser-help.jpg (456x628, 50K)

Something about the game boy color era was kino. The zelda games, metroid, even pokemon was just outstanding with gen z.

Attached: 1553482883021.jpg (1200x1600, 396K)

Fuck getting this shit.

Attached: 8.png (240x160, 12K)

youtube.com/watch?v=mJfmoQFNBlY

Attached: [autistic screeching].gif (405x414, 181K)

Explain

I'm a little bit sad he doesn't have a high quality version of these screeches for his REEEEEEE taunt in Smash.

Attached: 1536263547216.jpg (1334x942, 238K)

Try to skip getting diffusion missile upgrade.

Easter egg dialogue you get from Adam if you sequence break and skip the Diffusion missiles by Shinesparking. It's a fucking nightmare to do and it makes every Shinespark item run in Zero Mission look like a cakewalk in comparison.
You can bug it out and do it without Shinesparking in some versions of the game it literally requires frame perfect timing and near pixel perfect aim.

Attached: full convo.png (240x1280, 55K)

During development, after defeating Nightmare, a sequence break was found where you could chain a long and reasonably difficult chain of shinesparks to get back to the navigation room without unlocking the Level 4 locks.
The developers inserted a sequence break blocker in the form of a little easter egg conversation, before the game tells you to back and do it proper. With the way the game's event system was programmed, if that event had not been inserted, things would have broken if anyone had done the sequence break.
After the game released, a much easier way to get it was discovered by simply going the proper route and then freezing the enemy with regular ice missiles that you're supposed to freeze with diffusion missiles, which was then fixed in the Japanese version by altering enemy placement.

Attached: 1366494187956.jpg (1518x1017, 1.11M)

Someone help her, her neck's about to snap from the weight of her fucking head.

Oh wow that sure got trimmed down.

name a more poorly designed fight in a nintendo game

you can't

Attached: 1372832360478.jpg (690x984, 307K)

I love how alien and badass the light suit looks, but I also like the heftyness of the Prime varia suit.

did you ever find Adam's secret message in AQA?

Could have done without the knee spikes.

I'm a primefag, that was my first Metroid and seeing Samus jump out of her ship onto the Orpheon was beyond badass. I fell in love with the suit right then and there.

Attached: metroid-prime-31226-1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 181K)

So how did those animals avoid being taken over by the X Parasite?

fusion is a poor game. It tries to be an action game but it still clings onto the metroidvania design so it suffers in both categories for this. Exploration and level design take a big hit but at the same time the combat aspect is no better than super other than it's faster (faster does not automatically equal better). The bosses are nice but that's really it.

Attached: hmm.png (500x566, 57K)

Attached: 1340760411980.jpg (600x559, 280K)

Could be Chozo related, we may find out just what they are in Metroid 5.

I loved that fight. Super creepy and super awesome.

subjective: light suit
objective: prime 2/3 varia

This is true.

Jojo?

Fusion had an extremely creepy atmosphere.

Wasn't it explained that since they were harmless the X would see no reason to take them over as they wouldn't have had any vital information either. Or maybe that was an internet theory I read like 15 years ago

Prime Varia suit and non corrupted PED suit. Fight me

obviously not true since fish and crabs were taken over

It's good but I wish you weren't restricted out of free exploration until completing the game. Yeah you can glitch into places you're not supposed to be but the game is structurally more railroaded. However it's railroaded in the best way possible as you're just pointed in the right direction and not handholded on where exactly to go.

no one is going to take your post seriously with that filthy fucking frog attached to it

Okay I'm sorry

They were sealed off and avoided being assimilated when things went to shit. It is assumed the x didn't go back for them once they borrowed human intelligence, so they were spared. Little did the x know that they were far more capable than they let on.

Its the best metroid game.

Yes, oddly enough I found this out when a friend told me about it. Kind of a stupid thing to hide but then again Super Metroid also had those weird little animals near the end so...

Imagine if they had been taken over. The X could've just took Samus's ship as soon she landed on the BSL

With Metroid 5 I can see the running theme being rogue since Samus will be rogue against the Federation and the main antagonist of the game with be rogue Chozo. The rogue Chozo will try to police the galaxy with dictatorship seeing as a way for them to continue to be the Protectors of the Galaxy. The Federation and Samus will be in the way of that along with the Space Pirates so all will be seen as enemies. They will either have a handle on Metroids or they will be fighting them as well. The animals from Super and Fusion will most likely help Samus out, and after Metroid 5 the Federation will most likely let what happened in Fusion slide, I can also see Samus suit being restored before the game starts where she will start out with the Power Suit and go on from there like she usually does. The game will most likely take place on a new Chozo planet and I wonder will Aeion Energy make a return. I can see this being one of Samus's hardest fights.

Obligatory Dark Samus post to prove that this Radioactive Mutt can still do better at Genocide than a Pirated Copy of the Varia Suit

Attached: 1534470771000.png (1001x1013, 355K)

youtube.com/watch?v=t8JEDuXZaDI

I never liked the way the games handled sequence breaking (Having to shinespark like fucking crazy just for a shortcut only to run into another roadblock 5 minutes later) but at the same time the way Fusion did a kneejerk reaction to it puts me off too.
Maybe sequence breaking was easier to pull off in Prime. I never bothered to try it because 3D.

Attached: d8f.jpg (520x520, 39K)

Dark Suit. The shoulders are absurd and I love them

Attached: 0bc2800fe5ae62b2662bd8838bd3fa2f.jpg (1452x2422, 1.19M)

If they didn't go for a hub style map, it would be everyone's favorite Metroid game.

The galaxy would have been fucked. If you think about it, it's a common theme that her missions lie on the verge of defeat. The Ing were literally a room away from claiming the light of Aether, for example.