It can't be done

It can't be done.
I've been fighting him non-stop for the past three hours.
I was stomping every boss and area before this.
I'm out of consumables.
The passive fire burn from being near him is enough to kill me.
I memorized his entire moveset.
I've died like 50 times now.
I can't do it.

Attached: game over.jpg (1280x1768, 233K)

that boss is not hard you fucking idiot. this is smelter demon right. just do something different

You know there is a blue one right?

Hint:
If you take a right from the bridge leading up to him and jump across the gap, you'll find a small structure that, at the top, has a Pharos contraption that spews water when activated. Rolling around in this water will increase your Fire resistance. Also, if you rescued the statue lady she sells Fire resistance items
Smelter is optional

just come back later

Hit it until it dies

Attached: smelter.webm (512x288, 2.83M)

All I have is a +6 mace
I do like 200 damage to it

This is the only boss that gave me trouble in ds2
Had to summon a friend after wasting an afternoon trying to kill him

Every boss in Dark Souls 2 can be beaten with the same strategy. Turtle up with maxed heavy armor and a shield. Lock on and circle around it with your shield up. When the boss misses, counterattack, if it hits you, your shield will block most of the damage. This is every fucking boss in the game. Dark Souls 2 sucks.

> t. filtered by smelter

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 10K)

Try again tomorrow user.

Maybe in DS1. In ds2 with all shitness it have sme bosses that can fuck you up if you turtle and a few that straight up ohko you if you turtle with shield. Also enjoy turtling at that guy with one 1h and 2h sword that needs like 2 hits to kill you while swiping in wide arc

just wait until blue smelter. I'd recommend taking the alternate route around, and coming back for him after finishing iron keep

Are you level 10 or something? Have you never upgraded your equipment?

Attached: 3q4tq3ed.png (1280x714, 1.69M)

>I've been fighting him non-stop for the past three hours.
This is one problem. Take a break, explore somewhere else, try tomorrow, you will only keep getting worse right now.

>I'm out of consumables.
Possibly farm a bit or get souls from exploring other areas, Life Gems will help a lot here for...

>The passive fire burn from being near him is enough to kill me
...this part.
Also, if you've activated the little water pool with the Farros Lockstone, you can roll around in it and it will give you extra fire defense with the passive drenched buff

>I memorized his entire moveset.
That's good, then you'll do just fine...

>I've died like 50 times now.
...after you take a break.

>I can't do it.
You can user! I believe in you!

Attached: 1354998051707.jpg (1024x768, 236K)

Holy fuck upgrade your damage and get anti fire armor. You get killed by fire aura. Many bosses are much more aggresive and faster than a goddamn slowter demon. How the fuck you kill pursuer if you die to firefuck

Attack and retreat but dont stay close to him for too long. Being too greedy will mean you have little stamina left to outrun or dodge attacks when needed. Using a shield is not recommended strategy. Even DSP beat it smelter demon.

I lost many times my first playthrough using a knight with shield. Turtling is bad strategy for the most part as you will run out of stamina. Dont give up OP dark souls 2 is worth beating.

Attached: rq233r2d.png (1250x703, 1.57M)

can you show us your gears? or give some info

no DaS2 is shit because you can 70% equip load mid roll + max i-frames (DWG tier) with high ADP.

>The passive fire burn from being near him is enough to kill me.
Get Flash Sweat from the pyromancer?

Attached: 2q35r23ed.png (1217x713, 1.57M)

post stats and inventory already you attention whoring double faggot

Attached: 23rq23d.png (845x510, 773K)

Just get the fireproof shield and block that shit.

Attached: 3253q25d.png (1221x714, 1.6M)

Attached: q235q52d.png (1261x711, 1.79M)

this,just google gyrm shield its kinda lame to farm it but has 100% fireresist when upgraded

Attached: 154758254751309010.gif (400x225, 1.96M)

Attached: 265436d.png (1096x701, 1.36M)

>OP complains
>ignores all suggestions
>whines with screenshots
Not sure what I expected.

Attached: 1531938361311.png (450x400, 88K)

Now your stats please I feel like that's where it went wrong. You should be able to reroll at this point very easily.

Attached: bonfire cat.png (700x700, 716K)

Attached: q23r23qd.png (1240x679, 1.46M)

Dont post your death screens, its only annoys while serving no purpose nor giving us info
>no armor
equip something, just keep it under 50% so you can still have decen i-frames in rolls
>starter mace
Just stop wasting titanite on this shit. It have A scaling at 10, while being close range and kidna fucked up moveset. Get better weapon or boss weapon if you unfucked mr stoner mage in the floor with passive allahu akbar mummies
Yes, blunt damage from maces are good direction since most bosses and enemies in game are armored cans full of fuck, but have some 2nd weapon with long range like halberd for fucked you dont want to get too close or resistand to hammer time
>still no screens of stats
If you deal shit damage even with that shitty +7 mace, that means you prop just got minimum stats to use it. And if you by any case started as cleric since he have mace as starter, that means that until some tiem your spells eat shit and you should have some melee damage or try getting pyro/magics to fuck him up since spells>weapons in every ds

Oh wait till you get to his blue colored brother..you'll have blast.

Also I forgot to mention why are you not wearing armor? The mace is relatively light for a weapon so you should be able to get some chunky armor on and still have a decent roll. Oh and did you join the Covenant of Champions without understanding what it does? If you're in it you're basically playing on NG+ right now

Attached: 1548905710989.gif (487x560, 898K)

he's dead

Attached: q23rtq2d.png (1235x706, 1.74M)

enjoy going nuclear on next one if you had so much problem with goddamn smelter yet you got past Heine and purfucker

This is a good post

Now someone tell me how to beat sister friede I have been hard stuck on that bitch for over a week

stats
inventory
what type of attack kills you mostly

Once you get her first phase down you shouldn't be taking any damage during it, you can stunlock her in that most of the time

Second phase might be easier to focus Father, especially if you have a bleed weapon, you just need to be very aware of Friede's ranged freezing field attack

This phase is just dodge roll like 10 times in a row and hit her once or twice then repeat

wear some armor, you barely have any physical defense at all from stats in this game, even wearing +0 light armor will give you a lot more protection than being naked
you'll get infinite small titties once you beat iron keep so you can get it to +3 even

oh hey someone posted my edit

Attached: tq23tqd.jpg (640x737, 320K)

Without fail, DaS2 is the ONLY Souls game where people will engage in mental gymnastics to blame the game instead of themselves, as gitting gud magically doesn't apply here

Pic related turns people into DSP instantly

Attached: Ogre.jpg (417x403, 29K)

pic unrelated?
you just keep baiting the attack where he falls over until he's dead

put your sign down and get summoned in as a phantom. I was stuck on NK for a good while until I saw/helped some one else beat him. The best part is you can still say you did it without summoning, because it's not your copy of the boss you defeat, but some one else's.

>you just keep baiting the attack where he falls over until he's dead
Realized no single new DaS2 player ever

> The best part is you can still say you did it without summoning, because it's not your copy of the boss you defeat, but some one else's.
What kind of fucked up logic is this?

>types like a faggot
No wonder you can't beat this boss.

Maybe if you're fucking retarded. First time one of those cocksuckers grabbed me, I knew not to be in front of it.

Playing dark souls games with small weapons is like playing on hard. Get zweihander. One of the best weapons in the series. Its long reach will allow you to minimize its AOE fire burn damage which you get when you stand too close.

then come back later

Smelter is one of my favorite fights in 2, yeah he is another armored dude with a big sword but something about it just makes it better than you average fight.

>Spend an afternoon constantly getting summoned by a guy trying to beat Smelter
>Keeps dying because he always rushes in to spam attack during the sword plant; never ever learns to just back the fuck off before the following explosion.

Attached: 1525334464217.png (431x311, 103K)

Attached: 10423280_10153316924434453_9006361474720937450_n.jpg (960x720, 92K)

Based Greatsword chad.

Dancer is way harder than anything in DS2. Smelter demon has almost no fucking moves, you faggot. Learn how to not be stupid.

Wish I didn't fall for the mace and shield meme
I don't have enough titanite to upgrade a 2-hander

>a hunched over boss designed for bloodborne but got remodeled for DS3 is faster than DS2, you guys!

It has nothing to do with speed.