Sonic's being redesigned

twitter.com/fowltown/status/1124056098925944832?s=19 Sonic's being redesigned

Attached: IMG_20190501_085542.jpg (1274x535, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/fowltown/status/1124056098925944832?s=19
twitter.com/rickyberwick/status/1124064170968854530
youtube.com/watch?v=EczTufPJXQs
youtube.com/watch?v=Kru8ZaC5Wfs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Coke
youtube.com/watch?v=RrxkOb_y8iU
youtube.com/watch?v=fPO76Jlnz6c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>the trailer was so bad they had to publicly apologize

Attached: 1535994782345.jpg (600x675, 51K)

>it's real

Huh.

do they even have enough time

>yfw the gamers rose up unironically

Attached: 1537747580091.jpg (359x305, 121K)

they could always just delay the film

it releases next year so yeah. Don't expect too much tho

what could they actually change without having to re-animate most of the movie?
Teeth, the nose?
Even adding gloves would require them to redo any scenes where Sonic holds, grabs or touches anything

If they can alter Gal Gadot's armpits at the last minute, they can probably alter Sonic too

Assuming they have until October, yes. CG is ridiculously overpriced in Hollywood for such a streamlined process with uniform training. Find a talented enough group of foreigners and they'll fix this up for a quarter of the price.

>video game outrage is actually going to accomplish something
GAMERS.
RISE.
UP.

Attached: theJoker.jpg (696x392, 62K)

assuming the actual movie is basically already done and assuming that Sonic was just mocapped. They could most likely make a new 3D model and re-do any errors that might come up from that in time.

Thanks, Joker.

>twitter.com/fowltown/status/1124056098925944832?s=19
Someone post this and say thank you

Attached: 1556658515758.png (447x390, 100K)

How did they expect people to like in the first place?

They could do plenty if they don't change the model's skeleton I imagine.
t. armchair animator

>next year
It's releasing in November

The Miyamoto Intiative

They have the mocap data. It's no harder to do a new design than the existing one, the only difference being the time and money to do it AGAIN.

they should, at least, and i mean AT LEAST, they should get sonic's design, no matter how much time it will take, people can wait, specially if the result is better than what we had.

it might not help the movie that much in the grand scheme of things, but it will definitely help.

who the fuck is this?

but unironically, please do

I wonder if they planned to "fix" it all along, and the studio is testing whether or not creating a problem to solve it will increase viewership.

have you seen the shadman edit?

They call me sonic

Attached: IMG_20190502_180825.jpg (1030x803, 70K)

Oh shit its already 2019. Fuck time flies

ok this is epic

>CG is ridiculously overpriced in Hollywood for such a streamlined process with uniform training.

The trouble is directors will hire a CG farm to render, say, 12 scenes... and then turn around and say "change of plans, we only need 4 of the scenes you rendered. No, we're not paying you for the others."
CG farms have to overestimate their fees or they simply don't get enough to pay the power bill.

Poster says January

Hahahahahaha

A film studio that is actually willing to improve on their work based on criticism to please the fans. I'm actually impressed but still skeptical.

>listening to feedback
Nani?

The design isn't even the worst thing about it.

The dialogue and scenes are cheesey and fuck even my 12yo niece cringed.

What if they made sonic ugly on porurpuse to gain publicity?

Attached: tenor.gif (498x498, 1.71M)

you will never ever know if an action changes viewership unless you have a machine to peek into alternate realities. execs are so desperate to reverse engineer the human mind just to sell it more shit. it won't work. things today are totally different tomorrow now that we have the internet.

fuckin hedgehogs could be declared racist tomorrow for all we know. see if your redesigning helps that.

the question here is: will they actually do it?

they could have kept it as-is and still made a billion dollars in China

they fucking love terrible movies.

Well well well, now this is a surprise.
This can go two ways:
>Sonic gets fixed, but it'll still look like an abomination since it's a cartoon character transformed into CGI, but it will at least look decent
>it gets worse

Attached: images (12).jpg (398x479, 20K)

They're going to fix the teeth and nothing else.

Attached: 1525012990618.jpg (1799x871, 295K)

This isn't a game. This is a fully rendered model that took months to make. They're fucked or probably just saying anything to save their ass.

it's literally the same dialogue as the avengers

No fucking way. They would never do that. That's like saying Blizzard made up the Tracer ass controversy and that leaks aren't real!

Attached: 1528580042648.jpg (531x640, 103K)

Big mistake. Gamers have no idea what they want and will always criticise what they get. You don't try to reason with little terrorists.

Attached: 1556835525134.png (1861x1352, 2.05M)

It's because Paramount is desperate for a hit and can't afford for Sonic to fail.

They need to make his eyes bigger too. And give him those god damned gloves.

>fully rendered
>doesn't come out for 7 more months"
retard

>scroll down a bit
>see this: twitter.com/rickyberwick/status/1124064170968854530
I'm going to have nightmares tonight.

Attached: sonicfags.webm (720x1280, 2.96M)

>they fucking love terrible movies
Only with good looking cast. That's why star wars and pacific rim 2 bombed there, Boyega is ugly

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 60K)

>redoing an entire character based on trailer reactions
Has this ever happened before to a cgi/animated movie?

no please keep it the way it is, its absolutely horrible and i love how horrible it is

>ITT: naive underage children who don't know how PR works

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 140K)

Attached: that's the gayest shit I've ever read.png (1786x484, 246K)

They're quaking in their boots that Detective Pikachu will be too high of a benchmark to top. Sega does what Nintendon't and Nintendo always wins

Attached: flannery77.jpg (707x1000, 187K)

>those teeth

Attached: 1387129468802.png (469x474, 314K)

never, simply never.

and i really dont believe they will pull it off...

Nope. Closest thing I can think of is Snakes on a Plane incorporating memes about its production into the final product.

ricky's cool man, no need to be afraid

doing that shit is that guys whole thing. he’s like a pseudoceleb on twitter

>getting scared over ricky berwick

Attached: 1531961139902.gif (320x240, 1.63M)

Who's this guy?

Alter how

I must know, for reasons

Eh, I dont' know, reviews for DP are already coming and it's looking 50/50. Turns out ironically hiring Ryan Reynolds won't ave your movie.

After the teaser poster in December, they added socks and toned down his leg-muscles. So I'd imagine they'll give him game-accurate sneakers, and peach colored arms & belly fur. That won't require them to re-animate anything, just re-rendering.

>There are people in this thread who unironically want them to make only minor changes rather than scrapping the whole design
What the fuck is wrong with people?

most leaks are planned as part of a PR stunt -t some one that work in PR relations

When will someone do a Monty movie.

Attached: Monty_on_the_Run_Coverart.png (220x290, 158K)

Cool cripple guy that shitposts on Twitter and YouTube.

this, what could they alter from freaking armpits?

not to mention: ARMPITS! how can you compare ARMPITS, with the complete redesign of a character?

It might come off as kind of contradictory, but i don't find this a positive at all. It's a damn movie, not a videogame with bugs to work out, if the design of the main fucking character is to be "fixed" in post because fans said so to me it's just another confirmation of the obvious notion that there's no vision behind this crap

This is why I muted the guy. I don't want to see his face in some random thread.

Considering they finished filming in October and already had a completed Sonic model and animation by April I’d say yes. Of course they were probably working on his model in the preproduction stages but it’s still a fast turnaround.

The director is also an animator himself so he probably knows what he’s doing in that regard.

why are people like this

Remember those initial leaks? That was a test to see the reception of the design. It failed, but they got a lot of publicity because of the bad design. So they started a redesign around then.
But because they got so much attention they decided to release the trailer with the original design, that way the get even more publicity, and then they can score points by 'listening to their fans' and doing a redesign (and in record time).

Attached: b4f.jpg (569x428, 25K)

>there are people that want them to scrap the whole project because they're too attached to Sonic to see it happening
If only you guys were this passionate to force Sega to actually cancel the games before they come out.

I don't have to even be a sonic fan to think this design is fucking cursed to hell and back. Whom ever thought this was a good idea should be out on the chopping block

I doubt they will give him gloves but all they really just need to do is fix the face.

Weren't the Sonic images leaked weeks before the trailer? Wasn't that enough of a clue for them?

Attached: campervsgottagofast.png (584x330, 289K)

Just make him look like this. Some random guy designed it better than a whole Hollywood team

Attached: 1A8BE491-71FE-43E9-B8AE-1D888CA7AAB7.jpg (1125x1228, 123K)

>do they even have enough time
Sonic is CGI. Just computer magic. Don't worry. They will just torture some nerds for few more weeks and it will be done.

Attached: sad_sonic.png (960x554, 398K)

They got rid of her armpit hair, chill out spergs

Attached: 1508754260189.png (861x889, 853K)

well, they better do a 'realistic detail' version of the regular sonic design, hell, a realistic detail version of BOOM!Sonic would be more than enough.

anything less would be a waste of time.

We didn’t even really rise up though
We just shitposted a bunch

PARAMOUNT

They wont be able to change his height or size of his head easily.

>t. Worked on the movie

They won't change shit. They're waiting for the spergstorm to subside.

This movie's already been delayed like 5 times

They think it's immature to get upset about things, so they just choke on corporate cock all day to show how mature they are.

youtube.com/watch?v=EczTufPJXQs
Greetings!

Attached: STAP.png (640x360, 392K)

Attached: sonichu.jpg (1080x565, 75K)

Gay if true

Post proofs

im not complaining, i just want to knoe what the hell and how can anyone compare digitized Shaving with replacing and rerendering a model that will appear around 95% of the movie?

underrated joke

Someone on twitter posted this
It's pretty much perfect

Attached: IMG_20190502_182932.jpg (800x450, 37K)

Now gamers know that they have real power. That is a scary thought...

I don't trust they know how to fix it. If it doesn't look like the fan renders where he's entirely overhauled then it'll be a failure.

Does anyone actually belives they can make a normal Sornic? I can't even tell if they made it so puke-inducing as a joke, or if they actually thought it looked good.

I mean, literally EVERYTHING is to throw to the garbage. There isn't a single pixel of his body to recycle. The eyes, the teeth, the blue arms, the lack of gloves, the legs, the fucking nikes, the proportions, the colors, the fur placement. Everything is to be changed.

I bet they will slightly edit it to be less of a eldritch horror and only a weird ugly humanoid creature.

The mono eye will never work. Clearly they want him to be at least somewhat realistic, but the mono eye and gloves look stupid as fuck

>#gottafixitfast
yeah, i'm sure the animators are fucking jumping for joy from this recent bit of news

Attached: joker what.png (421x394, 221K)

You already seen their vision for nightmare Sanic.

Attached: sanic.jpg (480x360, 37K)

Didn't realize Jeff Fowler was working on this.

Attached: A_Gentlemans_Duel__05-1000x562.jpg (1000x562, 127K)

Ricky is like the Justin Y. of twitter

>the mono eye and gloves look stupid as fuck
I like it.

people always find something to complain about

Attached: sonic the hedgehog.png (837x466, 228K)

>no STAHP
Disappointing.

They're major and iconic parts of Sonic's design, you can't have Sonic without the monoeye and gloves.

Consider the following: "Realistic" Sonic is a fucking stupid idea in the first place

So all this has been confirmed as a marketing stunt.

remember when sonics shoes were made of wood

Don't bully Ricky.

>>yfw the gamers rose up unironically

Attached: 6f0.jpg (680x447, 28K)

It was weird because Jeff was inside a tent 90% of the time and just had the AD do all of the actual directing. He came out maybe once to talk to the actors then fucked off for the rest.

>but the mono eye and gloves look stupid as fuck
And the whole of the original design looks stupid as fuck. Sonic is a fucking Alien in this movie, attempting to make him fit in is pointless.

>Film studio
>Taking responsibility and humility to change a drastic style departure for an adaption of a pre-existing franchise
THE JEWS WILL NOT BE PLEASED WITH THIS!

Attached: wew.jpg (800x720, 554K)

How I’m gods name did they ever look at it initially and think “yeah, people will love this.”

>It's because Paramount is desperate for a hit and can't afford for Sonic to fail.
Shit. Out of all the franchises they decided to pick the one with the most autistic fan base. When I say this I'm being completely honest. Whom ever convinced them of this should lose their jobs.

It was good enough for Progressive

youtube.com/watch?v=Kru8ZaC5Wfs

Attached: sonic gaijin suffering.jpg (592x724, 137K)

ok this is epic

to accomplish a character redesign in a cashgrab movie they hopefully won't bother to see
bros...the power

I'm kinda disappointed.

Now the chances of it sucking are slightly less.

Did Gamers, dare I even think to say it, unironically 'rise up'?

Attached: 1457815849051.jpg (800x600, 37K)

Those were dark times.

Attached: Sonic_the_Hedgehog_-_Sonic's_Shoes_Blues_-_009.jpg (600x600, 174K)

>Hats off, my dude
*nods respectfully towards you*

I dunno, it helps emphasize that he's an alien in this movie.

Consider this...he’s a fucking alien they could have done literally anything they fucking wanted because human rules don’t necessarily apply for a computer generated whatever the fuck.

Didn't they use the same design as the one from the poster which they said they would change?

that's a big loaf

Gaymers rise up.

Attached: dr_robotnik_in_berlin.png (768x531, 474K)

>$90 million marketing stunt u guiz :^)

No, you fucking retard, the studio legitimately thought this would be well-received. Paramount didn't spend fucking $90 million on a goddamned publicity stunt. They're probably panicking because they don't expect he film to make its money back after this negative response.

What makes more sense, a movie being successful due to some contrived, nonsensical publicity stunt that costs $90 million, or a movie that's successful because people like it? Why the FUCK would they do that? It makes no goddamned sense, there's nothing to be gained, only lost, by faking something like this. They want people to think "I'd like to go see that" not "Wow I hope that was some elaborate publicity stunt, I hope it turns out okay in the end :^) XDDD"

>Chris
does he no longer call himself Christine?

>see the comments
>it’s a bunch of kids asking for it to look like a bunch of furries edits
Holy Cringe

Attached: FFD7F60D-22D1-4F7B-AE66-48B48C247119.png (1120x630, 411K)

Isn't this a bit too late? They've already shown the posters and they're trying to market this film in the meantime don't they? What can they do except fixing his fucked up mouth and teeth?

Attached: 1534123073157.jpg (293x343, 38K)

Here's your new design Yea Forumsros

Attached: 1556836747312m.jpg (594x1024, 82K)

>movie might go from being a trainwreck to just a carwreck
Neat.

Attached: 1434114285798.gif (297x229, 2.22M)

Because look at all this word of mouth marketing. The thing has a ton of attention. And now they can garner “good will” for fixing something they already knew people were going to hate.

lol watch this they make it worse

Yeah, but if the product isn't turbo shitty then people will complain with less intensity.

Bowsette trannies need to leave

and a talking blue hedgehog running around in red sneakers doesn't?

Ricky is a based man, he won't hurt you

>The mono eye will never work.

It's been working fine for 40 years.

They might if they’re getting paid well for it.

But who am I kidding?

Now i'll google "Gal Gadot Wonder Woman armpits".

This leaked months ago and people were making fun of it then. You honestly think they didn’t expect this reaction let alone know what people were already saying?

Literally just put one thin grey line in the middle of the monoeye

They already had this planned. Drop a trailer with a few select scenes with the shitty design to build of controversy, let idiots like us spread the word of its existence around, get people looking at it and laughing... because as they do, they'll eventually stumble across word of this, or they'll stumble across the remade trailer design.

It's 20-20 hindsight, but really I should have seen it coming. This is what marketing is now.

I think I know why I hate new Sonic now.

Attached: file.png (480x360, 211K)

Again, that makes no fucking sense.

You know what makes for the best word-of-mouth? The trailer being well-received and people wanting to go fucking see the movie. There's nothing to be gained by faking something like this, they only stand to lose face and make the movie they WANT people to go see look terrible. Why didn't Avengers fake everyone out with something everyone hated, by this logic? That would make even MORE money than people actually being excited for it :^))))

Do you also think Nintendo intentionally produces too few of their products so people want to buy them, but can't, resulting in Nintendo not making money? I bet you fucking do.

new redesigns just leaked. it looks good.

Attached: redesign.jpg (1280x720, 155K)

>Public Relations relations
seems legit

No cause in that poster his pupils are literally sticking out

NOOOOOOOO I WANTED BASEDNIC!!!!

When your usual response about shit like this is "Stop complaining you entitled scum", a reply like "Yeah, we'll think about it" is seen as an act of mercy.

If Chris don't like it, I don't like it. Fuck Paramount

cope

I've fapped to this.

based

daily reminder that Sonic is still a household name and that this design would be ugly even if it didn't have the Sonic brand attached

They'll need to edit whatever models they used, and then spend ages re-rendering the CG. They won't need to shoot additional footage.

HIRE

Do you live in 2010? SJW's are runining media for years no with their outrage and Yea Forums is on their side just because "waaah i don't like /pol/"
This board died when redditors and tumblerinas took over after the great migration to other boards.

Yea Forums is now actually supporting sjw's who destroy their vidiya. Can't make this shit up.

Attached: ssd.jpg (1024x683, 102K)

Don't worry, re-design or not, the movie is gonna be shit

Retards and cripples should be killed
Especially ugly retarded cripples
prove me wrong

Didn’t they also say that DC had to pay over a Million dollars to CGI out Henry Cavilles Moustache?

I can't tell you exactly what they were thinking but I can tell you they expected it to be well-received and it isn't the result of some convoluted, stupidly risky fake-outrage publicity stunt because, again, that's FUCKING RETARDED.

Just making the movie good in the first place accomplishes the same fucking thing without taking the risk of making half your potential audience disgusted. So that's what I think they thought they were doing, its much, MUCH more likely they just thought this would be well-received and would be fine.

You make it sound like Paramount execs are lurking the intrawebs and are deeply in-tune with the Sonic fanbase to the point where they concocted some retarded fake-outrage scheme to bait them into thinking "lol we ACKSHUALLY care go see the movie now we promise its not what we revealed initially :^)" It makes no sense and just making something they think will be successful in the first place is what actually happened.

Sure, and your dad works on NIntendo, right?

What if the new design is worse

give me doujins

Fingers crossed.

I think this is a big mistake. Now if the movie bombs they will blame it on this re-design. I personally loved the original, it was different and looked like how Sonic would look like in the real world. The fact that everyone hated the design so much shows how genius it was. I'm disappointed and far less excited to see the movie now. Shit

To the gulag with you, /pol/tard.

>tfw capcom did this exact shit with mvci and chunli's face
The worst part was that faggot fchamp making posts like "I talked to the devs they're fixing the faces. omg we won guys!". Shit like this shouldn't need "fixing" in the first place.

Attached: alvin.jpg (1086x614, 49K)

take your meds schizo

shut the fuck up

Literally fucking who is Jeff Fowler?
Why would I believe some random, unverified account?

>a bunch of artist desperately throwing their "supreme" edits in hopes that the studio will use to reference and later demand to give them credit for the design and feed their ego
twitter artist are thirsty for attention

This was a marketing move. They saw how so many people talked so much about Genie in the Aladdin trailer and so they did this. Do you really think they're going to reanimate an entire movie with how much that costs? No, Sonic's design for the trailer was made only for that trailer, and the one for the movie has already been made.

Attached: 1512668483950.jpg (600x600, 32K)

Why not make him look like Sonic?

Attached: 1C4272EB-6C3B-42A4-AF1B-64696DC6867C.png (917x645, 478K)

Time for conspiracy theory. The made his design horrible in the trailer on purpose to garner publicity and attention. Are going to "fix" the design as a response to criticism and show they care.

Need something to persuade you, remember one of the first leaks from several months ago that turned out to be scrapped?

That's right. The movie has already been fully rendered using this design, and the horrifying rendition was just for the trailer.

Attached: sonicposterleak2.png (656x709, 1.35M)

This is the best one yet

>dif actor
sure, whatever u say capt hot take

Well they fucked up even with that narrative because Detective Pikachu capitalized on their mistake

there are better options that could fit in for the realism

What's up with Hollywood and ruining beloved franchises with their stupid meme designs? Why can't they just stick to their guns and make what people love, aka the originals?

Good. Now where is that faggot from the previous thread crying about it's too hard to change 3d models?

Damage control walking into the ring.

Who could blame you?

Attached: A_Gentlemans_Duel__03-1000x562.jpg (1000x562, 154K)

>Do you really think they're going to reanimate an entire movie with how much that costs?

Yes. Its Hollywood 101: if a movie is turning out badly, keep throwing money at it until its (what they consider) fixed. Remember Justice League?

what makes these ones look so different from this

Corporations are fucking evil.

You know it will be Citizen Kane of vidya movies. This can't fail.

Attached: sonic_offical_teaser.png (1280x688, 1.5M)

Unironically rent-free. Stay seething and fuck off back to your containment board, sperg

Hollywood is so far up its own ass they believe they can do better, always. It's why they're so obsessed with remakes and reboots.

This is bullshit.

Attached: D5aOtpEXsAIHAMv.jpg (1125x607, 94K)

One of those looks like Sonic. I trust you know which one.

White hands instead of gloves
I fucking hate all the people involved with this movie(yes i know this is a redesign the eyes look better) but still i fucking hate everyone that thought this movie was a good idea

Why would they work the team so hard to fix such a small problem?

Attached: crunch.png (627x975, 104K)

>Let's put millions of dollars into producing a film based on a popular intellectual property with a large fanbase of potential consumers. Let's also make sure we produce it in a way where no fan of the original could possibly be happy with it."

Can anyone name me any Hollywood movie that’s been successful and has respected the source material? Does Marvel movies count?

Attached: 49282310-E48E-4154-92EE-6A6F55678B3B.png (2436x1125, 3M)

That's the same design you moron.

A huge blue hedgehog isn't realistic to begin with.

I don't even browse /pol/. That's the point. Yea Forums supports sjw's just because "muh /poll/"
It really boggles my mind how Yea Forums changed over the years. It's now filled with cucks, redditors and trannies.
It's just sad how you now give a helping hand to those people who want to censor your games and agree with them. Most recent case MK 11.

Release when? 2023?
They literally have to model and render everything again

>Remember Justice League?
Yes, I remember that fixing ONLY the mustache cost about $3 million, now imagine how much it would cost to reanimate Sonic in all the scenes. It's not viable.

Just quit your job, bro.

Is this your average sonic fan?
twitter.com/rickyberwick/status/1124064170968854530

this one look great

The frantic reshoots. Begun it has.

They fucking knew that this shit was fucking bad when they fucking made it they should fucking suffer

Looks like the Werehog.

The first live action Ninja Turtles movie.

Yeah I can't get enough of the #Sonic #DetectivePikachu #Drama either it was def a #TopTenAnimeBetrayals moment.

>la pelicula.....

Why wouldn't they count?

>tfw Bowsette is so irrelevant now that I actually deleted most of my anti-Bowsette images because there's never an opportunity to post them anymore

Attached: Dz9sa-8UYAEC7EK.png (612x683, 383K)

I am just completely baffled that so many people collectively think Sonic's normal eyes wouldn't work in a film.

Ricky may be a mutant, but he's the most human man among us

Wouldn't be the first time.

Attached: 1550148597528.jpg (1466x760, 110K)

FUCK YOU Yea Forums YOU DID THIS YOU ENTITLED LITTLE SHITS

Its a marketing stunt.
>knowingly release a really shitty Sonic
>apologize
>release a slightly better Sonic
>movie is still complete garbage
>"w-well, at least Sonic looks better!"

Attached: 1556597743160.png (1268x1920, 1M)

IT'S NOT REALISTIC user.

I absolutely hate that dude. He does the same shit every single time. I get it, you are a fucking freak, and you are okay with that, but I don't want to see your deformed body while reading something, for fucks sake.

>beloved franchises
CONSUME CONSOOMER

3 million, plus a couple dozen million in reshoots.

I get the feeling they CAN redesign Sonic, but its gonna lead to some terrible animation errors when its all finished. Brief shots of the old model, bad compositing, stuff like that.

>gamers
even the average person thought sonic looked awful

SEETHING

>the people demanding a redesign and ignoring crunch hours are the same who are complaining about crunch hours in game industries
it baffles me their lack of self-awareness

You guys don't understand, they really want that over the top "high end realism" thing the detective pikachu movie is doing, the only problem is that they don't understand that detective pikachu respects the pokemon designs.

Delay the movie, no one is looking forward to this shit so they may as well.

Whatever makes your 2incher hard

This movie just keeps getting better.

it shouldn't be impossible to redesign him and keep scenes and animations mostly the same.As long as sonic is a similar size it should work out fine, they should just re-rerig (which might need re-record) facial animations

they definitely have the money and time to fire up the raytracing a second time.

because MUH REALISM

This is going to be Superman's Mustache turned into a sentient blue being

Raimi Spider-Man 1 and 2.

All they did was recolor everything and it still looked like shit.

This is honestly the one person I can't wait to see cease to exist. He's just some fucking freak who decided he exists to piss people off, all knowing he can't come under fire since he's a defective human. I know true equality will exist when people don't get flamed for telling this freak to fuck off.

>company does bad thing
>fans complain
>company listens and will fix bad thing

>yet people will still say this is a bad thing

What the fuck is going on in this world?

>Its a marketing stunt.
Pretty much this. "All publicity is good", or so they say.

Why does Rickey Burwick always reply to things

They're gonna get paid for it, what a retard.
>i work at this place that pays me by the hour
>it's hollywood so the pay is fucking amazing
>oh no, they're giving me more work? wah

I didn't see jim sterling talk about it yet, so idk who you're referring to

CLOWN WORLD CLOWN WORLD HONK HONK

The better option would be not making a live action Sonic movie in the first place.

OR they only used that shitty Sonic for the trailer, and all of this was just marketing.

what else can he do? be a functional part of society with that disabled body of his?

for you

Anyone who didn't is a fag.

>Those titties
*gulp*
Why are women so hot lads?

How come the Nintendo and Microsoft ones got deleted but not this one?

We want this to be bad. We want a Super Mario Bros for the next generation. We want it to be the new gold standard in bad live action adaptations.

i can't believe it was all a marketing tactic

Attached: notsurprisedkirk[1].jpg (800x450, 53K)

>fix bad thing
You know will that is not going to happen.

>>company listens and will fix bad thing
[citation needed]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Coke

Plot twist: the original design was true to Sonic's design but the executive producers saw Detective Pikachu and it's reception so they ordered the animator goons to crap out a hyper realistic Sonic.
They probably have all the assets and most of the partial animation rigging so it's not that much of a work and they can say "See? We DO care for the fans!"

Alita turned out pretty good mate.

Attached: 1556611610403.jpg (460x460, 43K)

>y-your dick is s-small neener neener!
/pol/fags are pathetic

>bad thing was clearly a bad thing from the very start
>they still did it

KEK. Yeah. That is how job in graphic design is. These nerds should play with wrenches instead computers.

how the fuck will they fix the whole fucking movie

Man, fuck that bitch.

>Boo hoo think of the poor people who fucked up and now have to own up to their colossal mistake by PAYING someone millions of dollars to render Sonic properly

These fucking coddled millinials always have a thousand fucking excuses as to why they don’t need to do their best.

Attached: 512D227C-57FC-4061-9DC7-D4B382933660.jpg (1229x703, 618K)

I'll never forget the spiderman 2 scene when doc ock wakes up in the hospital and his arms just murder everyone.

They are the SJWs, they've been screaming "2016 election donaldters!" and it was projection, we got a lot of sjws from that election because left wing media put the spotlight on Yea Forums.

They don’t even need to rerig. Watch the scenes. His brow/eye sockets are the correct shape and size, it’s just that the eyeballs themselves are too small. Make them larger and basically leave the vertex stretching from facial mocap the same. The whole thing would be more or less fixed with a simple scale operation on the eyes themselves, and maybe a slight tweak of where the tan fur starts and ends on his mouth.

HONK

HONK

EXECS LISTENING TO FEEDBACK IS A BAD THING

HONK

HONK

More like they saw Aladdin's trailer and how a lot of people talked about that shitty genie on social media.

its fukken huge dude

Attached: 1553389737509.jpg (1920x1080, 215K)

You first

>>oh no, they're giving me more work?
more work doesn't mean more money. if you ever worked in game industry, you would know it very well.

Because you have the games for that.
Why a movie studio why would like it's movie to bomb so hard?

Attached: 91xTkL6xdnL._SY445_[1].jpg (315x445, 45K)

It makes sense.

-Established IP
-Autistic fanbase that will eat shit no matter how much you fuck up
-No license fuckery to go through
-Cheap rights
-Can cut corners on quality staff

They just cut those corners too hard.

Sonic is a rapidly aging property, Colors is nearly a decade old, Sonic Boom couldn't quite get off the ground, and Generations was glory days rehash that didn't bring in any new people.
To pull off the "whoops sorry about that, we'll make it better" con they would just have to string together a few scenes with a model that tested badly and actually make the movie with an improved model. Even if they had to render out the 2 minute trailer separately it would cost a couple hundred thousand max and bring in way more publicity with every scumbag entertainment journalist who will jump at the chance to write about the studio that actually listened to fan complaints and improved their movie. No matter what their changes are, as long as it's not worse than what they released people will feel like they were part of the production process and give it a lot of slack in how they grade it. The best part is, most people working on the movie have only seen sonic as a midget in a green bodysuit with balls on it so the leak potential is very small.

>because fans said so
You don't have to be a fan to see that his design is nightmare fuel. The general reception has been derisory.

looks like he hit a nerve lol
youtube.com/watch?v=RrxkOb_y8iU

>mfw this is all planned
>they made a shitty Sonic
>they "fix" him now
>more people will watch the movie because he looks like the actual Sonic now

Attached: 1357843734671.jpg (493x575, 42K)

It is simple, like many others already said: they don't need to fix anything. The made that Sonic specifically for the trailer.

is hilarious how these people are falling for it, they believe they will direct the entire movie again in this short time considering the rendering and editing.

>more people will watch the movie because he looks like the actual Sonic now
I doubt it.

Normalfags will be Normalfags.

Insider here, I wish this was the case...

RIP trashkino design

You should be glad people like this exist. More job prospects for the rest.

This guy is hilarious. I just got over my depression!

They used this model to stir up news. They already have a model thats more like the classic sonic. Now when the release the 'true' model, people will love it regardless of how uncanny it looks because it will better than the one in the trailer

Attached: worse.jpg (730x286, 65K)

This. The only reason I was going to see the movie was because it looked like it would be schlock. Sonic's crappy design was the only thing that I liked.

>they're getting paid to do so
>forced
Are these people retarded? Don't they know how contracts work?

Nobody cares about this stupid movie, it exists to be shat on, fixing it isn't really what anyone wants.

It is not. The design for the trailer is taller, and way uglier.

Do retards know how anything truly works user?

they made him taller yet is still too short compared to humans

Fuck you Ricky is cool

EXTREMELY based and redpilled

Agreed, although the bones of the movie will stay the same, I liked the original design and this will only make a superficial change. A more bland change imo

because it look horribly out of place retard

This actually makes a lot of sense. I've thought about it too. Manufacturing controversy is a great marketing tactic.

>Amanda Lafrenais
That´s a dude, right? His name already gives it away.

I have to say, that's a creative logo.

The fact that they design it like that to begin with shows that they're retarded and incompetent. No amount of time for redesign will change that.

Detective Pikachu’s design is quite literally just the existing Pikachu model with film-tier fur rendering. The silhouette and proportions are all identical.

Movie is still gonna suck anyways.

Attached: 1550772037363.jpg (548x294, 169K)

I had a feeling they would do this

>Boo hoo think of the poor people who fucked up and now have to own up to their colossal mistake by PAYING someone millions of dollars to render Sonic properly
You honestly think the animation team was the ones who wanted to make Sonic look like a coke fiend?

But why is Eggman not the shape of a fucking Egg? That motherfucker is supposed to be rotund as shit. Jim Carrey isn’t even a bad cast but put the bastard in a fat suit or something.

They should go in the other direction.

Keep his design the same, and instead have all the characters in-universe acknowledge how horrible he is to look at. Just have 2 hours of everyone shitting on Sonic.

Gamer is our word, but you can call us gamma.

Attached: 1541625951666.png (900x534, 503K)

>The mono eye will never work.
God knows they worked for the last 30 years.

You're a nigger. An underage nigger.

Post yfw the redesign turns out EVEN WORSE

Attached: fugbillow.png (512x415, 139K)

I love all these people who can’t think outside of the current topic. Everything is crunch now. Quit and get a better job lmao

Detective Pikachu still looks like a Pikachu.
Almost all the Pokemon designs look like what they're supposed to in a real life setting.

This team had to create literally one thing
Sonic. One of the most iconic and instantly recognizable video game characters ever.
And they fucked it up.

in cartoons and video games, not live action movies.

>And the whole of the original design looks stupid as fuck.
It doesn't.
Sonic was the first video game character to be featured in Macy's Thanksgiving Parade.

If that's not a testament to how great his design is I don't know what is.

"Boo hoo hoo muh animators" well guess what bitch I hate the design and I'm glad they're gonna have to work hard to fix it. Suck my dick.

Why is his icon a female sonic with pikachu ears?
it ain't even yellow. Is it trans-blue/gender?

Attached: 1470019591462.png (600x700, 116K)

He's CGI, not a real being.

>Detective Pikachu still looks like a Pikachu.
and yet they still didn't literally copy paste the game model like what that retard is suggesting

THIS is what it would look like if the detective pikachu team got their hands on it

Attached: 1556741472546.png (890x1011, 949K)

Attached: 1527817825300.jpg (500x481, 54K)

Calm your tits it's been planned this way from the beginning. They already have the other design made and they released this trailer intentionally knowing it'll be hated so that thet can get the publicity when they listen to the fans by changing it to the design they always intended to use

Attached: 1511757314711.jpg (462x579, 19K)

The purpose of the CGI is to make it look like a real being that fits into the universe of the movie.

Read OP.

It will probably be too late to salvage it.

God shines light down on those he protects.

Attached: cross.jpg (1200x630, 76K)

Paramount isn't that smart. They've been making boneheaded decisions for years now, enough that the president was forced to resign in 2016.

Shit, this is good

Lmao, if these fuckers knew what real suffering is they’d never walk outside again. Clown shit.

You'd be shocked what you can do with a few months and a team of competent CGI artists.

Redoing CGI is nothing like reshooting live action or redoing hand-drawn animation. If you've already got the animation place redesigning a character doesn't take nearly as much time.

Explain:
Smurfs
Woody Woodpecker
Rocky and Bullwinkle
Garfield
Hop

>Alien
Sonic is not an Alien and Mobious doesn't exist you annoying comicfags.

You're a retard.
Roger Rabbit's eyes are so close together they might as well be the same thing.

Sonic doesn't have a mono-eye anyways, that's shit like Leela from Futurama.
He has 2 eyes they're just not split. If the design is cartoony like in Sonic Unleashed(like it should be) then there's no problem at all.

It's really not.

>No one can be this retarded
>Tripfag

All makes sense, thanks for showing your incompetence so I can filter you :)!

Redesign leak????

Don’t underestimate corporate incompetence.

No it isn't you corporate cumguzzler and Detective Pikachu was shit too.
Only retards still watch Hollywood movies and unironically defend them in this day and age.

What are the chances they steal the new design from some nobody from Twitter?

Attached: 1541817843871.png (590x681, 381K)

>Detective Pikachu was shit too.

Whats it like having a bitter, miserable black hole where your heart should be?

It wouldn’t even be hard. Scale up the eyeball meshes and adjust the UV tex coords on the eyes themselves.

Sonic’s got the brow to support the vidya-style eyes in all the animations, the orbs themselves are just too small. It would take 4 hours to fix + however long it takes for the render farm to shit out updated CGI layers for the final cut.

Attached: A3C5D4FE-F96E-466A-AC9B-EE0790A34411.jpg (1280x720, 165K)

I'm mostly talking about Sonic's head-shape being incorporated into the C.
The rest is generic sure.

These are the same people that botched Transformers and Star Trek and TMNT.

>Roger Rabbit's
The second anyone brings this up they out themselves as a retard.

The context of Roger Rabbit's story is that cartoons and humans are separate entities that live together. The juxtaposition between the two is the entire point. For the context of this movie Sonic is supposed to be a creature that fits in with the rest of the universe naturally. Him being a fucking cartoon and everything else being realistic doesn't make any sense.

>explain all these garbage cheap looking movies that have nothing against things such as detective pikachu and transformers that actually tried with the cg

Gotta go fast out of theaters

Gotta go fast to Netflix

Attached: FF77A2C0-5193-4074-BAE4-D28D001B2F87.jpg (300x287, 19K)

Dumb tripfag.
Even the Garfield Live Action movies piss on that shit.

Smurfs, Hop, and Garfield all made $$$$$.

I don't like most of DP's designs but I give credit where credit is due nigger

Attached: upset.jpg (500x372, 29K)

doesn't make them good.

and did they recast the guy with chris pratt?

>THIS is what it would look like if the detective pikachu team got their hands on it
Have you actually seen the designs for Detective Pikachu? If anythign it would look like this.

It makes them better than this film.

>The context of Roger Rabbit's story is that cartoons and humans are separate entities that live together.
Y'know what that sounds like? Like a premise to a good movie.

Sonic has had way better CG designs in the past, nobody wants this creepy realistic furfag shit. Might as well get Chris-chan and put him in a costume at this point.

Garfield LA movies piss on this shit.

>Him being a fucking cartoon and everything else being realistic doesn't make any sense.
He doesn't need to be a cartoon, but considering he's an Alien there is no reason they couldn't just take his regular design and just give it a more realistic look.

Attached: cd2.jpg (261x199, 15K)

The only one I'd be ok with

lol i was about to say this. but also anyone with a drawing avatar is a dude

Credit for what?
Creating one of the worst pokemon movies ever?

People didn't have a problem with the progressive commercial either.

>hurrr just redesign the whole character bro look i did it in 30 minutes on photoshop its so easy hurrr

Just shut the fuck up.

Attached: 1545093459650.png (310x315, 382K)

Meant for

so like every videogame movie

Live action=/=doesn't imply everything is realistic.

Realistically, if Sonic existed in our universe, he would look something like that. All the same, but with realistic fur.

Sonic is not an Alien. Fuck off with your non-canon Mobius shit.
That said we have no idea what Aliens(generic holloyood movie depictions of them don't count) look like so he can look however he wants.

>It makes them better than this film.
It also makes them worse than movies that actually tried.

>Have you actually seen the designs for Detective Pikachu?
Have you? They don't literally take the game designs and stick textures onto them, retard. They have different eyes to fit the realistic style and they made other changes like Ludicolo having separated fingers to look more realistic. Your example is garbage.

They could literally use the Modern Sonic rigs Marza has lying around. They are already helping with the film so there is no excuse.

What I don't get is how this design even passed as acceptable. If you're going to make a movie based on a video game character, wouldn't it be logical to make the design follow the character's actual design? Did the producers never play a Sonic game before? It'd be like making a live action Mario movie, omitting the mustache, and saying "that's good."

Stop being mad that some random on Twitter can easily make a better Sonic than the abomination in the Trailer.

Go outside

>Expecting people to know how any of this works

Attached: dog wrap.gif (380x340, 1.35M)

Why does Sonic need to look realistic? He is a cartoon so can't he just be a cartoon?

Dumb frogposter.

They'd better reference themselves in the movie. Make the original design his retarded cousin.

>Sonic is not an Alien.
He is in this movie.

He doesn't? Where did I say he had to?
Reading comprehension much?

Dumb frog poster.

>Y'know what that sounds like? Like a premise to a good movie.
You can also have a premise to a good movie that uses realistic CG instead of slapping cartoon creatures in for no reason.

>but considering he's an Alien
Transformers are aliens and they still look like they fit into their movies. Aliens are still supposed to be realistic.

>Live action=/=doesn't imply everything is realistic.
It does when that's the context the movie is going for.

>he would look something like that
No, he wouldn't have mono eyes and his limbs would have definition instead of looking like noodles

lI smell some starving """artists""" who are upset that someone on twitter can take 20 minutes to throw together art that looks decades better than the shit they crap out after 4 weeks of struggle.

>Clearly they want him to be at least somewhat realistic
But he's an alien in the movie. Why bother making him look realistic at all.

Like I get adding detail like the fur, but they could have just kept the same proportions and face from the games.

Attached: eddy.png (432x325, 244K)

I was watching some behind the scenes documentary about the god-awful batman and robin movie and it's VERY clear that the big hollywood producers are retarded old jews. No joke. I remember how one really wanted a giant spider in the movie and he never got it so he demanded that they have on in Wild Wild West.

Sorry I should have clarified, I should have mentioned Sonic doesn't even need to be an alien either.

>fleshtone fur
W H Y .

>Sonic is not an Alien
He's literally from another planet in the movie. He used his teleporting rings or some shit to get to earth.

>They don't literally take the game designs and stick textures onto them, retard
Except they literally do you retard.

Attached: detective_pikachu_movie___dodrio_png_by_davidbksandrade_dd4apqu-pre.png (814x981, 383K)

>I remember how one really wanted a giant spider in the movie and he never got it

Ah yes, Jon Peters. His Superman movie would have been legendary.

Attached: detective_pikachu_movie___kingler_png_by_davidbksandrade_dd4apr7-pre.png (944x847, 542K)

Even if they fix the face, he'll still have the body of a skinny chimp.

>It does when that's the context the movie is going for.

Except it's not. why does Eggman go for his iconic look at the end, bald and ridiculous mustache, when he could have just stayed how he looked earlier in the trailer? Your logic falls flat.

>No, he wouldn't have mono eyes and his limbs would have definition instead of looking like noodles

How do you actually know? That's how Sonic would look realistically.

Chipmunks succeeded in accuracy, Detective Pikachu succeeded in accuracy, why does Sonic somehow not fall in the same category? Are you retarded?

>Aliens are still supposed to be realistic
Based on what? Do greys look particularly realistic to you?

>game-accurate sneakers
Don't know about that one considering they were nikes so I'm pretty sure that means they did a brand deal and can't just simply give the money back.

Thank God. I was almost worried that they would ruin this new Sonic video game.

>Did the producers never play a Sonic game before?
I mean, it's not very common for film people to be avid or at least even well versed in video games.

Yeah I wouldn't buy this new Sonic video game if they hadn't redesigned him. Fuck video game developers for trying to mess with us fans.

Leaked redesign

Female Sonic is a rabbit hole Im afraid to go down

Good thing the Sonic video game developers redesign him. I wouldn't buy this new video game otherwise.

>Transformers are aliens and they still look like they fit into their movies
Which is why Bumblebee was able to revert to the G1 designs with 0 problems right?

Attached: 1556641293069.png (608x983, 233K)

Notice how they all look basically the same as their game versions but with realistic texture

Attached: Magikarp.gif (498x280, 1.92M)

Something about the leaked design seems off to me. I can't quite put my finger on it though.

Attached: TheUltimateLifeform.jpg (630x1120, 57K)

I'm waiting to hear about a game adaption of the movie, It's going to be so fucking bad

Attached: 5476324.png (588x432, 685K)

Same. Here's a rabbit hole I'm not afraid to go down though

Attached: 1524651099311.jpg (163x163, 21K)

owo

Look man, sonic's design is super unnerving, but it will have absolutely zero impact on how much people want to see the movie. Everyone has already made their decision.

user this is a video game board, therefore OP's post is about video games.

Too late for that. Outside some cheap mobile game endless runner or puzzle game, anyway.

Heh, maybe its already done and it'll have the old design.

the answer is that things in real life look a lot more grody than an idealized art version. biologically accurate sonic reminds you he will die at some point, due to old age or injury. if hes biologically accurate, it supposes he has all the faults of a biologically fully accurate creature.

except if hes from another dimension, then lmao at the design team/directors/corporate bigshots for not using it as an reason to make an appealing design, instead of making the claim that deep in outer space there are sentient bipedal animals with no dicks or assholes who run around naked save for sneakers.

...jesus user you are so stupid

Except they literally don't you retard.

>Except it's not. why does Eggman go for his iconic look at the end
His "iconic look" in the trailer is still realistic. It's not suddenly a fake looking CG round eggman.

>How do you actually know? That's how Sonic would look realistically.
No, it's not. Because mono eyes are impossible and his limbs wouldn't be functional if they were noodles.

>Detective Pikachu succeeded in accuracy
Yeah by not fucking taking the video game models and slapping them into the movie.

>Based on what?
Based on the fact that they still live in this universe

But it didn't revert to the G1 designs. It made more G1 looking designs but it didn't literally take the blocky G1 designs and shove them into the movie you retard.

I don't remember Pangoro having eyes in the games. I don't remember Ludicolo having separated fingers in the games.

Attached: ljp8awu8ra6ot7okgbww.jpg (1600x900, 83K)

Does anyone else suspect this was done on purpose?
>Nightmarish Sonic
>People start talking about the film
>Sonic is "fixed"
>Second trailer looks good in comparison to original
>People who otherwise wouldn't have cared want to see the movie now

well what the fuck were they honestly thinking did they think people would be ok with sonic looking like a fucking teletubby?
also mad props to the comedic genius that went with gangsta's paradise for the theme music

You are an actual retard.
Trying to make cartoons fit with realism is fucking stupid.

This is why I fucking hate modern films.
Everything has to make sense and be "realistic" and whatever garbage.
Everything has to be set in stone.
They're designed to stop people from thinking.

Whatever happened to movies that relied a little on the audience's imagination?

I'm pretty sure they're not doing this just because of fan reaction, but because SEGA told them to.
We already knew before the trailer came out that SEGA was fighting them on the design until the studio working on the movie had their way and went with their "realistic" design, SEGA has probably just now put their foot down and told them to fix it the fuck up.

I have 0 interest in this movie and had no intent on seeing it, but I know that if they at least change the design to something that resemble the games I will support the movie to show them that the changes were for the better.

Yeah I know, I was only saying is how bad a video game adaption of the movie would be, did you even read?

>said the guy who thinks making sonic a cartoon for no reason in a live action movie is a good idea

Even so, they could literally just Google "Sonic the Hedgehog" and look at the pictures. This design looks like the producers were only given a poorly written description of Sonic's appearance and asked to base the movie design off that.

>Except they literally don't you retard.
Are you fucking blind or are you going to ignore the 3 examples I posted?

>Transformers are aliens
Transformers are Giant Fucking Robots and they look cartoony as fuck and not at all realistic.

>Trying to make cartoons fit with realism is fucking stupid.
MCU, Transformers and Detective Pikachu did it just fine. So it apparently isn't stupid.

No one in Hollywood is that clever.

No I didn't read. I don't need to. This is a video game board so we don't talk about movies here. OP's post is about a new Sonic video game whether anybody likes it or not.

The movie is still going to be bad either way. "Improving" the design just turns this shit from a gloriously entertaining trainwreck to mediocre schlop.

>implying sony will spend more millions to please some hardcore furries and internet mob

the director might want to do it but isn't gonna happen.

Attached: kirb.png (685x501, 70K)

>movie
Anons, we are on a video game board. Movie discussion doesn't belong here and is off-topic.

>Based on the fact that they still live in this universe
Holy fucking stupidity.
Aliens have never been proven to exist you dumb hollywood brainwashed drone.

so they'll change Gangster's Paradise for a better song too?

>mono eyes are impossible and his limbs wouldn't function
>in a movie about a magic blue hedgehog that can run hundreds of miles per hour
>and yet not wear down his shiny red sneakers
Hey user, you busy this weekend? I have a cherry tree you can help with, since you're so good at cherrypicking.

this. both movies look ugly as fuck and i have no idea how DP is getting a pass other than as a slightly smaller trash fire.

FUCKING HELL

WE COULD HAVE HAD A LAUGHABLE SHITTY MOVIE
NOW WE'LL JUST GET A SHITTY MOVIE

FUCK TWITTER
FUCK YOUTUBE
FUCK FACEBOOK
FUCK NIGGERS
FUCK TRANS
FUCK JANNIES
FUCK CWC AND THE OTHER SONIC AUTISTS
AND FUCK YOU ALL FOR NOT STAYING QUIET

Attached: 1515498622985.jpg (750x857, 128K)

>Are you fucking blind or are you going to ignore the 3 examples I posted?
Are you fucking blind or are you going to ignore the 2 examples I just posted?

>Transformers are Giant Fucking Robots and they look cartoony as fuck
This is "cartoony as fuck" to you? Looks like something realistic to me.

Attached: Shatter.jpg (1448x1800, 785K)

I have a bridge I'd like to sell you

>but it didn't literally take the blocky G1 designs and shove them into the movie you
No one is saying to take Sonic's design and just shove it into the movie dipshit. We are saying to make the regular design look more realistic. Give him real fur, make his arms just tan fur and shit like that. Detective Pikachu can do the exact same shit with the previously posted Pokemon with no issue.

>Movie discussion doesn't belong here
Videogame adaptation discussion does, though.

Because DP is pretty much exactly how people pictured Pokemon if they existed in real life.

Would you accept this if they can't do the monoeye?

Attached: 1556832905354.png (812x586, 983K)

Attached: ABER.png (452x388, 115K)

You mean this poster?

Attached: download.jpg (285x177, 8K)

Was this their plan the entire time? To create a design so utterly shit that they knew everyone would hate that it would get everyone's attention through sheer force of autism so that they could go back and "redesign" it to make everyone happy?

A thing having super powers easily fits within the suspension of disbelief. A thing somehow resembling a cartoon in a universe where literally everything else looks realistic doesn't.

>No one is saying to take Sonic's design and just shove it into the movie dipshit.

>Everyone has already made their decision.
That's what they said about Dragon Ball Evolution.

Cringe

At least they decided to listen.

have sex

I still have this book

Have you seen Loudred? Snubble? Psyduck? All just a more realistic take on their game versions.

I want this movie to be laughably bad so I can actually enjoy it

Wrong picture.

Attached: D5mOTb1WkAI8Mwn.jpg (1086x614, 49K)

But that is a monoeye.

Not at all. Some stupid executive, in between his cocaine binges, really thought this would do well.

>but I know that if they at least change the design to something that resemble the games I will support the movie to show them that the changes were for the better.
Good goy.

It's cross board material. You're just not used to it because video games rarely get adaptations.

but redpilled

... It never occurred to me before but is Amy underage?

Go back to your fucking Zootopia comic Anhes. Finish it.

Attached: cute.gif (449x500, 847K)

This looks WAY better. When in doubt, just give it bigger eyes.

movie feels too much like a tax write-off for them to be seriously taking criticism

No they didn't and MCU isn't even cartoony since the superheroes on the comic books are all regular ass humans.

This, but I want it to make a lot of money so we get a sonic cinematic universe.

Have you seen Ludicolo? Pangoro? Bulbasaur? All have changes so they fit the realism of the movie instead of looking like out of place cartoons

She's 12.

Damn these two should fuck already.

h0t

>No, it's not. Because mono eyes are impossible and his limbs wouldn't be functional if they were noodles.

This is a movie, you dumb imbecile. You know what's also impossible? Fucking Roger Rabbit in the real world. why didn't they just use actual animals? That's how you sound right now.

You are confused about what "Live-Action" really is. Live-action mostly implies real people interacting with fictional characters. They're just translating the characters in CG to make it somewhat fit in the real world. Therefore, it would be very possible to see Sonic exactly like you'd see in the games just not 2D. How hard is it for you to understand?

I don't want this And this is not just taking his regular design and plopping it into the movie. Sonic's muzzle, arms and chest are all fur, even his knows is more like an animals rather than the shit he has in the games. The only thing that is basically just like how it is in the games is his eyes, which is fine. Stop being willfully retarded.

Yes user, the entire sonic franchise is bullshit.

Yes, that's cartoony as fuck.
Nobody in the real world who would design a giant machine like that would ever bother to give it a human face, much less arms and legs.

Kek another mentally ill tranny

Attached: sonic_hyuck.jpg (616x430, 100K)

Attached: KEEP_SPENDING_MOST_OF_OUR_LIVES.jpg (720x330, 16K)

Both of those are shit. Stop reposting them. Repost this instead

has a meme ever spread so fast yet died just as quickly as bowsette

imagine being BTFO by some random dude on twitter

>Fucking Roger Rabbit in the real world
Here we go again.
>And this is not just taking his regular design and plopping it into the movie
It's literally the exact same design except fuzzier. It looks like a cheap cartoon.

Almost every Sonic character is. They are also fictional.

Attached: 1548699498186.png (1392x1840, 793K)

Except the fact that we have multiple Pokemon that are basically just their game version just more realistic proves that it is not a problem. Fucking Kingler literally has the same weird ass eyes. Your examples prove that they made the changes, but mine prove they didn't need to, and neither does that Sonic movie.

>Gangster's Paradise
>That checkered floor in the MV
They knew
youtube.com/watch?v=fPO76Jlnz6c

N-NO KNUCKLES, NOT FIST DEEP AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: Sonic the Ahegaohog.jpg (447x390, 17K)

like the final product does.
Besides the guy's from another universe in this, could bullshit it completely as some cartoony world in its entirety

Yes.
You may have avoided the pedo trap that is Cream, but Amy was also pedo trap all along.

>All that zootopia stuff that shows up half the time whenever you load up sadpanda

>since the superheroes on the comic books are all regular ass humans.

What are maxmov twins, Thor and Captain fungus?

MCU have a fair share of meta humans.

Attached: 1553179187721.png (282x300, 76K)

So this was eggman's master plan!

You mean like Mario Oddysey? Or the Sonic Cartoons where he's in the real world with normal humans that looks out of place as fuck too?
If they wanted good press, you fucking make a movie that's true to the source material. Cartoon hedgehog, orb Robotnik and he'll always be Robotnik to me, eggman is fucking stupid, and other furry faggots like Sonic Boom did.

>i have no idea how DP is getting a pass other than as a slightly smaller trash fire.
/vp/ is autistic

Furfags need to be gassed

Attached: _0.png (1366x768, 912K)

as an animator who has worked on several CG films, they likely already finished filming and everything and the process is as easy as creating a new model, slapping it in the rigging for the old one, and making minor adjustments

Forgot pic

Attached: SonicMovieTeaser[1].jpg (674x1000, 206K)

>perfect
>it's literally just game sonic with a fur texture

Fuck you.

This looks fine. There are still aspects they could change to make him closer to his game design (since he's apparently an alien anyway), but most people wouldn't be against this since it looks cute and is easily merchandisable.

This image doesn't address the disturbingly human proportions he has in this movie, though.

>It's literally the exact same design except fuzzier. It looks like a cheap cartoon.
No it fucking doesn't it looks a shit ton better than what we have now too.

Attached: stone_age.jpg (640x480, 165K)

>It's real
THAT MEANS THEY ARE ENTIRELY SERIOUS WITH THIS MOVIE HOLY SHIT

Attached: kaguya shock.jpg (367x282, 29K)

I literappy just noticed Amy has a monoeye too. I'm scared to look at the other 243 sonic friends

No it isn't.
Kill yourself tripfag.

Don't forget the ResetEra invasion too. They're apart of why Yea Forums is so godawful nowadays. They're also probably the main ones who keep up their little /pol/ boogeyman to begin with

Yeah, this was just a mere fraction of our power...

What exactly would you want?

They're not going to change his entire body structure, user. Especially when they already have finished scenes of him interacting with the environment. The most you're getting is an altered face and maybe some recolored bits.

Attached: 1410641338428.jpg (500x366, 40K)

see

He wants them to keep the same design because he's a fucking shill.

This is not Sonic.
This is a deviantart abortion.

You have shit taste

>A cartoon character looks like a cartoon

Attached: 686EDCCB-FF6D-4DAF-8851-D8955ABA5323.jpg (945x819, 38K)

And what's wrong with that?

>muh gloves
>muh one eye
lol

Boo hoo...a bunch of animators get to sit in air conditioned room and do their job.

Attached: d73.jpg (680x453, 82K)

what the fuck i cant figure it out

Wait, you complain about this

but want that fucking shit?

Holy fuck you are retarded, nice to know I don't need to take you seriously.

And you're an actual autist who can't accept the slightest bit of change. You literally just want a video game character with a different texture.

>literally crying over job security
What.

It disturbes me, but it looks more in line with generic liveaction furry animal recreations, so it's better than what we got.
Give him glvoes at least for fuckssake

Thor is literally based on the actual Norse God itself.
I don't know who those other literal whos are but most capeshit alien superheroes are human-looking anyways.

That's fine because nobody takes the Sonic fanbase seriously whatsoever. You people are a joke for MANY reasons.

Something about this episode was very unsettling.

What was wrong with his design? He looked like Sonic.

Only the Hedgehogs and Echidnas are Monoeye. Everyone else is normal.

Utterly insane. Why didn't just use a design that doesn't look like an uncanny abortion from the start? Now they're going to have to burn another $500,000 remodeling the entire movie before November. Surely the animators knew how scary he looked, so it must've been a suit who demanded this monstrosity.

Your argument makes no goddamn sense, you drooling retard.

>For the context of this movie Sonic is supposed to be a creature that fits in with the rest of the universe naturally. Him being a fucking cartoon and everything else being realistic doesn't make any sense.

The movie itself doesn't adhere to anything "natural", what kind of drugs are you smoking? He was already a cartoon character to begin with.

>makes exaggerated expressions
>runs fast
>looks out of place compared to literally all humans

Realistically, Sonic would look like how he would in the games, just a different CGI model.

>He looked like sonic

Attached: vietnam come on.jpg (2007x1070, 251K)

Attached: 1445916937003.gif (290x231, 975K)

And yet it took until the MCU to have a movie where iron Man looks like iron man, Capt America looks like Capt America, Thor looks like Thor, and hulk looks like hulk.

Your expecting reason from yhe mentally ill.

Attached: IMG_20190430_205022.jpg (579x83, 23K)

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

An extra few weeks of pay would make me happy.

Hello marketer-kun.

>He looked like Sonic

Yeah, if he took Meth or something. He looked nothing like Sonic.

I looked like an anthropomorphic blue hedgehog. Sonic isn't exactly the peak of incredible design philosophy.

Suck a dick. Sonic has been broken since the late 90s and never recovered.

>I looked like an anthropomorphic hedgehog
>I

Attached: naga doubt.png (440x265, 78K)

am i retarded why cant i figure out this image

>reddit spacing
you need to go back

Please. Typing is hard.

Well they should have gotten it right the first time.

Attached: 1545863290599.gif (225x386, 1.11M)

>looked
Nigga Sonic is shitposting with us and spilled the beans using past-tense, they already changed him

Attached: thxp4utoep6gkkhlmypp.jpg (470x587, 39K)

>Sonic isn't exactly the peak of incredible design philosophy.
Yes that's why he was the first video game character to show up on fucking Macy's Thanksgiving Parade and that's why he was more recognizable than fucking Mickey Mouse.

It's such a fucking questionable design decision did they really wait until 6 months prior to release to publicly announce the design? Just further proving how fucking out of touch boomers are with our tastes, it's the same reason AAA games have gone to shit. Old farts don't know what the fuck we want anymore.

Fuck off.
Still beats this abortion.

>more recognizable than Mickey Mouse
Let's not get ahead of ourselves, okay? Also the parade is literally a marketing event.

>more recognizable than fucking Mickey Mouse
Doubt.

> It would take 4 hours to fix + however long it takes for the render farm to shit out updated CGI layers for the final cut.
t. /3/ poster that used blender once or twice.

All they have to do is make his eyes bigger. I can deal without the one eye and gloves.

Not true. It's actually a pretty mixed bag. Only rule seems to be all hedgehogs have it. It's a tossup with any other species. Also Knux and Tikal have separate eyes.

Attached: Vector (Sonic Channel).png (672x840, 403K)

>mix of animation and live action
>selling shoe advertisement was probably a big part of this getting greenlit
is this just a less interesting looking space jam? This movie wishes it could have the lasting cultural impact of space jam

You're the autist that can't handle a cartoon character existing in a live action setting. Could you imagine if they fucked up Mickey's design for the sake of 'muh realism'

He isnt wrong though

Attached: B8E6E36B9EBA4BCF99B7750AA1BE5B24.jpg (1184x1490, 248K)

Fucking devientart fags

only one that good

deviantart might be more of a cesspit than Yea Forums at this point

>he

Attached: its-maam.jpg (810x500, 141K)

Change for a reason is fine. Change for no reason is stupid.