Good story-driven fighting games?

Good story-driven fighting games?
Anything I pick up I get raped online so I want to play some story

Attached: 1556810313873.png (1973x2774, 3.8M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5z-_9c2Wunc
youtube.com/watch?v=UIwMnxcdoK8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Blazblue

They don't exist because stories in fighting games are unanimously stupid, and fighting games are for fighting people, go play a VN

Arcana hearts has a cute story :3
And lolis >X3

The Soul Calibur series always has great singleplayer content, except for 4 and 5.

Attached: 1553099016370.gif (250x250, 85K)

Is the story funny?

There better be a dick attached to that.

Attached: 1556089668880.jpg (391x484, 21K)

Attached: Really.jpg (915x1024, 126K)

I'm with this guy

the touhou fighters are story centered, and the newest 3 of them are piss easy

I second Blazblue, you've got 4 games worth of story with plenty of gag scenarios, alternate endings and great characters.

>go play a VN
The best fighting games stories are pretty much VNs with battles scattered throughout.
I'd argue the gameplay makes the story more engaging but I get your point.

No. Get good or just quit. There's no reason to force yourself to play these games if you aren't going to put in the effort to get better.

>MK story is balls to the walls "serious business"
>Guilty Gear story is wild but also a VN
>UNIST is a fucking anime tropes VN
>Street Fighter story is a joke
>Tekken has manly men throwing each other off a cliff and Akuma being plot relevant and canon
Just play Tekken if you want a story, and if you can't handle 3D then play MK you scrub.

Just play Third Strike

Attached: Makoto_artwork_from_her_Street_Fighter_III_3rd_Strike_ending.png (1024x740, 582K)

I''m hopeless trash at fighting games, to me getting better means getting good enough to consistently beat the AI at max difficulty and that sometimes take me upwards of 200 hours.
I just can't compete, I'll just enjoy playing solo and watching tournaments.
Not OP btw.

kill yourselves closet trannies

whats this game?

[HONEY QP (Inochi Wazuka)] Futanari Volley [English] [desudesu] [Digital]

Not the OP's thing, but you might enjoy this.

You underestimate the number of people as bad as or worse than you, or how quickly you can improve in stages if you keep focus.

youtube.com/watch?v=5z-_9c2Wunc
DABS

>stop being such a pessimist faggot
>practice movement
>have a specific goal in mind whenever you go into training mode
>actually learn your character's neutral options
>ask veteran players meaningful questions
>play long sets or in lobbies with people who can give you advice afterwards, ranked has its place but it's a salt factory skinner box full of scrubs
>record and watch/analyze your own gameplay (yes it's painful at first, you get used to it)
>pay close attention when you're watching pros play, a lot of what you'll see is relevant even at low-mid level
>go to locals if possible, even if you suck at first you'll get far better experience and advice than you would online
Getting gud takes more than thoughtless grinding. Fighting AI is all but worthless; the mental game a huge part of fighting games, and playing against an unthinking computer gives you seriously bad habits without actually letting you learn much beyond technical stuff (movement, combos, etc) which you could be learning quicker in the more focused environment of traning mode.

Attached: akatsuki.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

This.

Attached: bridget.jpg (1133x1700, 184K)

DAUBENY

>he doesn't know Guilty Gear

Attached: Thousand Years of Death.gif (600x338, 3.97M)

Man I can't even beat the AI on max all the time, and that's partly because its a computer user, its going to have precise inputs every time and its made to fuck your ass as hard as possible. People make mistakes. They are susceptible to mind games and do not act and function with precision 100% of the time. If you give up now you'll never know just how good you could be if you keep trying. These things take time man, just as it does to get good at anything else.

THAT'S NO TRIAL, THAT'S SUICIDE

youtube.com/watch?v=UIwMnxcdoK8

Here you have a man who's shaped the genre itself. Listen to what he says. This is common knowledge among people who play fighting games but for literal decades after their inception, most people who get frustrated at them still don't know this simple truth.

After that its only a matter of if you enjoy investing in them and putting in the work. And if you don't, THATS PERFECTLY FINE, you don't have to like a genre just because. If you aren't enjoying a game genre, STOP. Games are one of the only things in this godforsaken reality of ours that are made to be genuinely enjoyed, nobody is forcing you like they force so many other things. Not a job, not a commitment, not a debt, not a duty, just a game. People who play them do get frustrated and salty but they all know its part of the ride, accept it and look at what they enjoy instead at the end of the day.

Back on topic though.
GGxrd has really good story mode but no gameplay, its all movies
BlazBlue is pretty beefy, shitloads of story to cover.
UNIST story is pretty good, NRS games too.

Attached: Capture.jpg (1474x753, 72K)

>go play a VN
So BlazBlue?

Attached: 1364252720159.jpg (640x301, 42K)

>AI at max difficulty
You realize that they literally cheat when you increase the difficulty right? They make it so that the AI can read your inputs and automatically perform the best move.

I don't speak Japanese.

Attached: reginald.png (326x287, 124K)

This is one of the worst stories in fighters. It does the time travel plot, but also adds alternate timelines. That's fine for alternate routes, but it also uses it to retcon plotholes and inconsistencies in the main story with zero explanation. They just go along with fan theories on why their writing is shit.

I can't believe Alex is fucking dead