Witcher 3

Does this game still hold up in 2019? What's so good about it anyways? Thinking of buying the complete edition for $15 on PS4.

Attached: 59108976ae653aa55c6ac1f2.jpg (323x433, 36K)

>Does this game still hold up in 2019?
yeah
>What's so good about it anyways?
story, atmosphere, characters, quests
>Thinking of buying the complete edition for $15 on PS4.
thats cheap, definitely will get your moneys worth

Hope you like movie games. $15 is pretty cheap considering the amount of content though.

>ps4
Don't bother

Attached: 1555844433502.png (850x1200, 342K)

>in 2019
Have games progressed in some way in the past 4 years?

I just bought the standard edition a month ago for 15€ and would gladly spend even more than that. I spent at least 80 hours at this point and I'm probably not even on 50% of the main story so far. Also imo most immersive atmosphere in any game I ever played. Textures are a little bit dated but graphics definitely hold to this day and the game looks better than anything I ever played. Sometimes I just walk around or ride my horse and enjoy the scenery.

I would definitely recommend you to buy this game since it's so cheap at this point.

How's the combat gameplay? Does it become a slog when your 50 hours in like Skyrim?

You got nothing to lose for $15 it's a long game

It's okay, no more no less.

never felt like slog to me, but i played on death march, also got all 100% achieves
t. autist

It is good, I just finished 2 at first I somehow struggled with combat, but it turned out being good and I am currently downloading 3 and from what I've seen it's pretty good :3

it's far better than Skyrim's, that's for sure. it's still pretty weak when compared to combat focused games but for an open world story driven "RPG" it's pretty good.

No, it becomes a slog about 10 hours in or whenever you get to Novigrad and then gets good again about 40 hours in when you find your daughter. Combat is comparable to the other games in that it isn't good and clearly not the focus of the game.

It stops being challenging pretty quickly and due to retarded design doing all sidequests, even abiding recommended levels makes you op and sucks up the remaining fun. Still better than vanilla skyrim

It's definitely better than Skyrim's combat, but it's still nothing to write home about.

Attached: 292030.jpg (1920x1080, 255K)

Basically this I'm still enjoying the combat but it's not really challenging at this point other than fighting enemies plenty of levels above me.Also, I'm playing on the second hardest difficulty so maybe the hardest is much tougher to beat.

>Does this game still hold up in 2019?
Yes
>What's so good about it anyways?
Characters are pretty well written and are voiced by people who actually gave a shit
95% of the quests are pretty good, even the smaller ones usually have a neat little twist to them
Main story is pretty solid
The open world isn't bogged down with random collectible bullshit
>Thinking of buying the complete edition for $15 on PS4
Go ahead

Death March is insufferable early on. Took me a while to finally get some decent gear/potions to actually stand a chance in a fight.

It's "fine". Not amazing but serviceable and still miles ahead of skyrims

Attached: 1.jpg (1920x1080, 354K)

>PS4
Enjoy your loading screens.

Attached: 1508614429506.png (463x432, 347K)

I'm playing it on PS4 and loading screens are really not a problem (other than Load Game loading which is a little bit longer but still not a big of a deal and max 30 seconds).

>Does this game still hold up in 2019
What the fuck are you talking about? It has only been 4 years and so far there was no better open world game anyway.

Which is pretty amazing considering how fucking awful TW1 initially was until it got fixed

get it on PC nerd