Losing a week's worth of honor grind because some dude in the raid accidentally AoE'd a lvl 10 bread vendor thanks to...

>losing a week's worth of honor grind because some dude in the raid accidentally AoE'd a lvl 10 bread vendor thanks to the dishonorable kill system

Dead city raids with 95% of all people not wanting to risk it....

Home.

Attached: classicjak.jpg (557x609, 232K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vCvb8MwvsD4
classic.wowhead.com/talent-calc/warlock/AzzOUwTMMfxNAA
classicdb.ch/?item=9449
docs.google.com/document/u/2/d/e/2PACX-1vT9Rr3SPnZ6spTl6HnxKlyroxSpCCKcUf8MVt64erBc2QgOF5BQGmA-yJDaJ4MLsqHx0UCDZdxC7lEE/pub
us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/how-many-characters-can-we-create-in-classic/163599?page=2
youtube.com/watch?v=V-8NrR2lj-M
youtube.com/watch?v=alH2QXm8MM8
youtube.com/watch?v=n70syHDWfr4
youtube.com/watch?v=wsXkbM6Jfjg
youtube.com/watch?v=rttXIFcLv2o
youtube.com/watch?v=V9sI38mG46k
youtu.be/NjSSFfX0EHk
youtube.com/watch?v=MyCWtPkNXRo&feature=youtu.be
lmgtfy.com/?q=wow vanilla heroic strike threat
classic.wowhead.com/talent-calc/warlock/A5ww3wX85E8TQAA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1/10

>you can't play spec thats not speedrun meta
fuck off, im main tanking Molten Core as Paladin and will do better than 90% of the people

Attached: 1528768155312.png (645x729, 105K)

By all means, tell us how what is said in the OP is wrong. It's literally facts.
If someone in your raid kills a protected npc, EVERYONE in the raid gets a DHK and loses a gigantic amount of honor grind investment.

they're alright off tanks with imp. rf but don't put more than 17 points in prot

Course you will pal

Hmmm lets see here...

warrgins
>trash throughout most of the game
>only becomes relevant when spoonfed gear
>barely tank without a shield while leveling (wow what a bitch)
>no utility
>sucks up all gear from poor rogues, etc. (what a faggot)
>randomly will steal cloth for their 'spirit set'
>needs a baby sitter in pvp or they can't catch anything and look like a total faggot basically
>needs entire guild to help get his bis weap because he's a bitch and can't solo anything
>sucks at leveling
>Attitude problems, think they are the main character (definitely has a small dick)
>Gets disarmed like a bitch
>LITERALLY cannot even do their signature quest for the WW axe without tons of help
>needs to take out loans for his mount like a true goy

Druchads
>can tank the moment they can turn into a bear
>higher health and armor values
>amazing utility, a bro to all healers
>literally cannot be killed/kited in pvp
>god tier at wpvp
>doesn't even need gear to be good while leveling
>BIS weapon for entire game is a lvl 29 weapon (holy fuck that efficiency)
>tanks NAXX in fucking BWL like a true chad
>can heal and tank by just swapping gear (name one other class capable of that)
>one of the most comfy leveling experiences in the game
>Entire zone dedicated to the class, gets to chill with literal druid gods
>More entertaining in PvP, premium flag carrier and 1v1 god
>Can't be disarmed
>always a good attitude towards others
>uses gear no one else needs (like a true bro)
>will always pass on weapon epics (unlike a warfag who will take them and add them to his bank of forgotten weaps.)
>best at gathering profs
>doesn't even need 60% speed, travel form + gear /w enchs = more speed
>can aoe farm in open world and dungeons while being in heal spec.
>can do emp runs easily
>much more efficient trib runs with a rogue.

not looking good for warrgins, Druchads lookin fine tho

Attached: Vanilla-WoW-Druid-Tanking-Guide.jpg (753x897, 660K)

it's a 2% loss and very few npcs give dhks

>relegated to only ever offtanking patch
good riddance

Yeah no.
If you get a DHK forget about ranking up that week.

>server crashes, because Blizzard didn't expect you to actually raid a city

Vanilla was so great, guys

t.private server fag

>supporting Activision-Blizzard

Literal monkey-fucking retards

>stop having fun

Attached: 43556811.jpg (800x764, 115K)

just kill a few more level 48s loooool

how can private servers have +8000 players in a same zone and blizzard servers crash if there is more than 80?

Why do griefers expect sympathy? I don't get their thought process.

kill yourself wowfags

So you should not make purchase decisions based on individual products, you should brand certain companies as "evil" and never buy from them again? Can you give me a list of exactly which companies qualify for this list?

Because you didn't play during vanilla on a private server, you retard. Thanks for confirming that you've never played wow during vanilla.

You support good actions, slam bad actions. That is how you get what you want from companies.

Can anyone answer these from previous thread?

Are Druids even viable main tanks? They have a taunt, damage reduction skill and an aoe focus taunt but don't warriors have shit ton more than these?

No one does. But would be too hard to make it so you don't get a DHK for SOMEONE ELSE being retarded and killing bread vendor npcs?

Why does the entire raid get punished for one guy being a shitter?

This literally KILLED city raids back then. And it'll do it again now.

i think it has something to do with maintaining aggro once you get it. they don't have something like an equivalent of sunder armor

With how optimized Vanilla has gotten the bottleneck for tanking is Threat, not any defensive attribute.
Most tanks in the hardcore guilds will be Fury/Prot, especially once things get on farm.
Druids are definitely 'fine' for most content, they're just not ideal. Remember that 99% of the content in vanilla raids was cleared with large portions of the raid AFK for large periods of time. You can have 10 people carrying 30 mental midgets around.
Paladins unfortunately stay a meme other than maybe UD strat runs.

They have the highest TPS of any tank, but lack defensive cooldowns and can't use health potions among other things.

Well they have a 6 second cooldown on growl, talents to increase threat and they do have a type of sunder armor called faerie fire. How much better is Warriors maintain aggro and their sunder armor?
Yeah that was a weird oversight for Paladin, absolutely no way to cause threat and no way to reduce armor/resistence on enemies.

Anyone who's taking ranking serious won't be doing city raids, and that's pretty much anyone over rank 7 or 8. Anything below that is so easily gained that it doesn't matter. Also phase 1 will be free for all.

They do have Barkskin and have an insane health pool in comparison to warrior, it would be hard to lose all of that health unless you have a bad healer.

imma playin me some hurt stone

Reminder:
If you think you're going to be a main tank as a druid, you'd better make friends now and not later. Guild main tank is usually the GM's real life friend for obvious reasons.
Bear off tank is relatively common at times.
The meme dream issues has more to do with practicality than anything else. 99% of the fags who swear up and down they're going to farm gnomer 5 hours a week do it one week then decide they want to play something else. And investing time and gear into a fat stupid bear who joins the guild randomly isn't something a guild is going to do - they've heard that shit all before.

What do you even have to invest in a Bear?

>What do you even have to invest in a Bear?
listening to some sweaty fat american blather at you in discord about threat generation every time you logon

Yeah but phase 1 will end and when it does so do city raids.

Farming gnomer is not even remotely hard or annoying as horde. teleport in BB drops you right at the entrance and runs take 5 mins AT WORST
>instance lockout
log on your alt.
nothing, they will passively get most of their gear just from being in the raid. They share two(2) pieces of gear with warriors, neck and ring (but alternative gear exists)

You won't even make it to max level.

>try to do city raid in retail
>raid groups ends up in different instances/shards of the server making it impossible to kill faction leader

based again, teleport moonglade was so handy.

>it's another "i will run gnomer over and over, watch you'll see" episode
that's the thing, no one says its hard. And you're right, it's easy and fast horde side. But the reality is that no one actually does it. It's a thing people shitpost on the forums, the number of druids who even consistently farm gnomer is very very few on current private servers. Because it sucks.
It's one thing to farm autistically for gold, but for simple meme tryhard points its a lot more difficult to stay motivated. And no one is going to give a shit except you.

Good luck with that, kid. Prot Pally in a Vanilla raid is even less viable than bears.

Wow so many wrong points here, do you only play private servers?
>Warriors can tank without a shield without leveling, its not optimal buts certainly doable
>Warriors complain about spirit on their own gear why would they collect more, and the leveling idiots are just that idiots, which leads too
>Warriors complain they are underpowered, One Warrior tells them all to get good, releases video that leads to Warriors getting nerfed and him being picked up by blizzard for class balance.
>There's quite a few Warrior pvpers who do just fine, solo'ing any class or even 2/3/4v1s
>Attitude problems, irrelevant to the class. Druid players had this more often due to "I CAN BE ANYTHING"
>Retard check quest gates Retards
>Everyone needed gold but Paladins and Warlocks

>Druids literal cancer in PVP, not fun to fight. The moment they start losing they start running away. Spamming moonfire, enraged regeneration, and entangling roots (read: Not fun to fight, not hard to fight. They still die just slower)
>Literally affected by Disarm, it doesnt stop your abilities but enjoy doing a fraction of your normal damage.
>Best flag carrier yes but see above point, they the best at running
>Always good attitude is irrelevant again, see above
>Uses Rogue gear, Resto druids literally rolling for their offset against Rogue mains
>Memories hazy but didn't Beartanks have trouble hitting and maintaining Defense caps to avoid crushing blows

You are literally part of the 75% of druids i delt with in Vanilla and TBC, and I was part of a major raiding guild.
Just be accurate with your facts

>main tank
main tanks are the GM's buddy IRL. Is that you?

What are Druids missing that Warriors have? Defensive cooldowns aren't an issue if you have over 15k health and they do share similar cooldowns with Warriors.

nobody has 15k hp you idiot

>paladin
>fun

Attached: 890136163781.png (500x375, 234K)

>15k health

Are you pretending to be retarded?

>Literally affected by Disarm, it doesnt stop your abilities but enjoy doing a fraction of your normal damage.

Are you retarded? Druids didn't scale with weapon damage until one of the first patches of WOTLK.

Is his image fake then? What are the actual health values Warrior vs Druid Dire Bear?

I'm not saying bear isn't fine - it is totally fine. The extra health usually makes up for everything else.
But people go for the path of least resistance and there is no shortage of warriors, and main tanks in guilds are established first fucking thing.
The issue is not that it cant be a thing, its that it often simply wont be a thing becasue it takes more than convincing idiots on Yea Forums, you have to convince 39 other lazy retards who have already heard this shit before from other druids who didn't live up to their claims.
It's about practicality, not theorycrafting.
Now a bear off tanking at times is totally fine and relatively common. But if you think you're main tanking jack shit you'd better hope you have RL friends and you're starting your own guild.
Druids have a lot of strengths and being adaptable is one of them - i love when in a pinch a healing druid can bearform and save lives. I love it less when a druid breathes at me in ventrilo about bear tanking all fucking day when we already have warrior tanks.

LOOOOL your info is outdated m8
>they can be disarmed
yeah no we're done here
>trouble maintaining def caps
wtf? bears do that without even thinking. you are thinking of block cap
they are just retarded, druid talent gives stam bonus to all stam sources, that's not even the highest their hp can get during vanilla

Why are Druids such insufferable cunts? Is it because they can "do everything"?

They know that no matter which of their roles they choose, they are just a shitty version of whatever class they are copying.

>all these people arguing about what retard to let the boss beat on
I’ll be over here playing my undead priest, the class which is hands down the best in pvp and pve at the same time.
We’re gonna make MMO healing great again. “””support””” cucks need not apply

>def cap
Druids can't get def capped without stacking random greens/blues of Defense and they're worse for it. 440 is honestly a meme and Warriors don't even bother with it anymore for the most part.

do you guys like you some hurt stone

rolling a druid for this copy pasta alone
oh and also finalflash pvp videos
>youtube.com/watch?v=vCvb8MwvsD4
people just afraid how much of a giant brain you need to handle the class and that's alright, just gotta remind them now and then

It's kind of sad how delusional these druids are. All this work and they just barely manages to keep up with random shitters of any other class.

>*battle resses warrior "main" tank before shifting to bear form and taunting the boss*
no need to wipe it, just switch heals to me
>*tanks boss while warrior-babby gets rebuffed and topped*
dont worry bro, i got this
>*hands back aggro and innervates the priest that had to rebuff fortitude*
try not to die again for another half hour buddy

This isn't even possible is it?

It is, but they're the worst possible choice.

>trouble maintaining def caps
>wtf? bears do that without even thinking. you are thinking of block cap

Meanwhile the druid you posted a screenshot off, in his very guide to classic tanking says Druids cant push crushing blows off the table

Attached: Taladril's Treatise on Druid Tanking.png (644x395, 68K)

>taunting boses
gtfo
>in 40 man raid somehow only have 1 tank and no offtanks
sure

The only reason anyone bothers bringing a druid to raids is innervate to buff priests and combat res for that shitty rogue that didn't keep track of his threat. Whatever else they do while there is below notice.

>notices top healers mana is a little low
here bruh this innervates' on the house!

Attached: rebbit.png (300x250, 32K)

Did vanilla show mitigation above 75% or is this private server jank?

Jesus, theres no way they can tank Rag right?

and yet skarm has plenty of videos tanking bosses despite this crushing blow meme.

If you have good enough gear that the healers can carry his fat bear ass. then sure.

Which is part of what leads druids to taking much more damage than a warrior tank.

>bad at aoe tanking
Because of the damage taken? Or lack of AoE skills? IIRC then swipe was pretty good when it came to large groups

Guys, I got a pirate itch I want to scratch, which class should I play to be a bloodsail bucaneer?

swipe hits 3 targets. its shit.

and they output drastically more TPS thus your dps isn't limited and doesn't even need to think about threat = quick boss kills.

Are there seriously people on Yea Forums defending Activision?

rogue obviously
I forget where i read this, probably in one of those "little known facts" lists or something, but i remember reading that they had plans in vanilla pre-launch for ships to not be simply a teleport but to be an actual scripted event where you sailed for 10 minutes or whatever, complete with random fights like pirates, squid monsters, etc.
kind of like the pve arena fights in stv that never happened but were planned

In vanilla Swipe hits all nearby targets. It wasn't until wotlk that it was changed to 3 targets

I meant pally but I'm just genuinely wondering if pallys can tank any boss in MC. I'm playing a warrior on horde so I don't have to worry about uppity nelf druids and retardins.

Bears are good tanks for Rag, he was talking about Paladins which just unfortunately can't tank anything past 5 mans.

Did anyone said they couldn't? The thing in question was the defense cap itself, which he stated that Druids "do that without thinking"

And even if viability was in question, the increased armor helps deal with that, but taking 150% bonus damage is nothing to laugh at ever and I'm sure Skarm and his raid was prepared to mitigate and recover from these.

its fucking 2019 wow...

They can tank the first 50% just fine. Then they run out of mana and can no longer generate threat.

human or dwarf rogue of course

Spunky female human rogue?

I wonder why they decided to not make shaman tanks in successive expansions.

>is it even possible?
ofc its possible, molden core will be cleared in the first week even shaman can tank ragnaros
Paladins are just slightly worse tanks than warriors

Attached: 1532541135267.png (842x792, 82K)

druid pvp
>so much decisions to make
>constantly assisting teammates
>cc enemies & charging spells.
>capping flags like a real hero
>so many options with Nature swiftness
>obliterate people 1v1 feral /w MCP for clutch win flag caps
>kiting noobs like a pro
>invis mindgames against the brainlets (warriors)
>annoying as shit for enemy team to deal with
warrior pvp
>rawr me hit you
>WTF HEALS ON ME I CAN'T DO SHIT WITHOUT YOU
>FUUUUCK I'M GETTING SLOWED I CAN'T HIT NO MORE REEEEE
>NO MY FUCKING HEALTH AHHHHHHH GET BACK HERE FAGGOT AND LET ME HIT YOU

Attached: druidvswarriorPVP.jpg (710x594, 127K)

>tfw was dual wielding warrior dps chad about the time we started MC
>doing onyxia, axe drops
>saved up DKP and bought it
>top dps charts for weeks to come

Attached: 1411284118984.jpg (249x250, 7K)

Druid since vanilla here. Can confirm that they are the master race.

>warrior has aggro
kek

I never played rogues. Are they fun, can I get groups, how are they for soloing? I will not play on a pvp server.

> I will not play on a pvp server.

Attached: 1339025379849.jpg (401x349, 97K)

If you are not gonna pvp, dont bother playing rogue.

Yeah sorry I don't want to be ganked in redridge

the best thing about them is being about to stealth around in wpvp user...

>I wonder why they decided to not make shaman tanks in successive expansions.
Well clearly shaman were intended originally to at least off-tank at times, and even with their 1.12 talents they can tank early stuff depending on the group composition although it's definitely not ideal.
I know from PTR stuff in later xpacs they experimented a little bit, and shamans even still had a taunt mechanic as late as cata (i think.. one of the "unleash elements" ability attached to your weapon imbue). But I'd imagine the main reason they never pushed with it was it wasn't something anyone really wanted outside of a niche, and after adding death knights, and later monks, there were already enough tanks. But I could be 100% wrong on the reasoning.
I would imagine that the early reasons were more related to the designers and carryover feelings from everquest but i could be off on that as well. And I'd have to look at what shamans looked like pre-vanilla launch but every class went through substantial changes in alpha/beta, not to mention 1.1 to 1.12.

dishonorable kill system does not exist in the first few patched you mongo

Attached: 1507763511720.png (645x773, 33K)

But YOU are the rogue. You're the one meant to grief the ever living shit out of lowbie levelers of the enemy faction and make Redridge/Duskwood your home.

I feel like that shamans and paladin were intended to be off tanks as sort of balance. Later on the factions got both classes, and they decided that shaman have 3 specs (melee dps, ranged dps, healer) was enough

>Not rolling the most scientifically researched and proven Chad combination of all time

It's like you want to be a faggot elf caster

Attached: 521px-Tauren_Warrior_full.jpg (521x400, 55K)

Can I get a tl;dr on deep arcane or deep fire for a mage ? (I know fire is useless for MC)

i dont really remember damage of hybrids but youre not brought to raids for it
you are brought because of totems or battle rez/innervate/leader of the pack
pvp is harder to discern i never played shaman
druid is good for staying alive w/e the spec but once battlegrounds were out lots did the 0/30/21 natures swiftness feral style

>Arcane is fucking useless because it has no useful spells, also a shit ton of stuff has Arcane resistance
>Implying Fire with BWL, MC, UBRS, LBRS,

>doing a raid on a city with people from multiple servers
Nobody to blame but yourself

So basically
rogue/mage/warrior/warlock is brought for the dps
shaman/paladin for the buffs
warrior is the tank
priest heals
Druid and hunters are good for what?

Good luck getting 39 other people to agree to your stupidity. LMAO

I mainly wanna PVP actually

>Druid and hunters are good for what?
for brez, innervate, tranq shot, kiting certain bosses or trash, and making sure tier gear doesnt get sharded

druids for buffs
hunter for tranq shot.

*raises paw* uhhh game is gonna start with updated gear. MC is gonna get 15-20 man'd easily, he can be his meme tank for sure

I'll give you my experience as a rogue who also hates wow pvp. Yes they are fun but simple, but its the simplicity which is nice, very low maintenance class. Grouping foir me was quite frustrating. Theres just a lot of rogues, and you don't need them. I'd make friends who will group with you always because thats how you'll get your pre bis. Theres money to be made camping elementals for elemental fire or even devilsaur leather. You can also comfortably pickpocket BRD mobs for gold and if you have pretty much t2 and above thats when you can do dme jump runs with a healer.

>No Iceblock
>No Frost Armour
>Guys how do you reckon this spec will do in Vanilla?

The was no shortage of high-honor players willing to level a city because they needed a reason to go back to grinding. I did it all the time and I hit Grand Marshall for a hot minute.

quote to me exactly where in those posts he defended activision.

I still have my vanilla HWL Warrior that I rolled because pic related was my favorite WC3 hero. Going to roll him again because fuck min/maxing.

Attached: 1552584325821.gif (133x149, 117K)

You need at least one Hunter for MD in MC even if the tank knows what he's doimg unless you want your rogues to throw a bitch fit.

Whats up with your attitude? Never played a mage and just asking some questions here

We know that
But the moment phase 2 starts is the moment city raids die.

Blizz could have just fixed DHKs by either taking em out completely or making them only apply to the people who actually do it instead of the whole raid.

But they didn't. And now Classic will be SHIT for it.

Attached: 1322675414690.jpg (680x765, 44K)

>*raises paw*
Im more than thankful WW3 is about to start, your kind deserves it

Get used to it, this is how classic will be.

Daily reminder
don't listen to speedrun meta faggots
every spec is viable in raids

You can thank the diehard vanillafags for this.

>#NoChanges

Attached: image0-8.jpg (640x845, 108K)

>implying 99.9999% of all people will ever hit max rank and be free of the grind

But they can't change anything about the game. If they change 1 thing. others will start wanting others changes as well.

I get the "if you let blizz change one thing they'll think it's okay to change [other thing] too" sentiment, don't get me wrong

But fuck me. DHKs are so fucking stupid and their implementation is beyond retarded.

What would be a good alternative to prevent griefing low level zones? Quest givers and flight masters are not PvP-flagged? That would make the world feel fake and babyproofed.

Who else here lost their virginity because of Vanilla WoW?

>be 19 yo me, 2005
>friends with this girl in the guild that's like 7 years older than me
>talk to her all the time
>do dungeons and raids with her
>do battlegrounds with her
>one day talk about how cool it would be to meet up
>this plants the seed that grows for a couple weeks
>She wants to come for real.
>Buy her a plane ticket to come visit me for 3 days
>I show her around town, night come and yes, we do the do.
We never met up again after that, but turns out that was a good thing and I dodged a bullet because turns out that bitch is crazy.
Still friends on Fbook though.

Also, entire time it was happening, discovered that I wished she had a dick. I kept thinking in the back of mind how much better this would be if that were true

Attached: 1533877015403.gif (750x713, 1.98M)

flight masters don't even give out DHKs

>change is bad except for the changes that I like
I am glad blizz is not listening to you anymore.

Sunder armor isn't even good threat. You only use it 5 times and then span heroic strike and shield slam for threat.

cringe

>that spoiler

Attached: 1547434537216.jpg (324x325, 35K)

They're not "slightly worse", they're flat out terrible, even moreso than Shamans. They have the least avoidance, lowest health pool, second worst mitigation, poorest threat generation, and have only a few niche scenarios where they shine (suppression rooms, phase 1 nef, aq40 bug halls).

make the individual honor reduction from DHKs greater but make them only apply to the individual that actually killed the target like suggested.

maybe to prevent griefers from deliberately dragging them into aoes you could implement a tagging system similar to how normal mobs work.

1. Make DHKs less severe
2. Make DHKs only apply to people actually dealing damage to the protected NPCs

There, fixed.

Sunder armor to retain your 5 stacks, H strike to rage dumb SS for major threat, Dungeon meta build is spam revenge. 5/5
t. AQ40 tank

Still nobody would want to charge Ironforge and fuck shit up, tons of civilians that would get AoE'd down in the crossfire.

MCP druid generates more threat than a fury warrior with god mode gear, even using the /sit get crit exploit on pservers they still can't keep up. That is absolutely insane

The problem is while you spent 30 minutes in a raid that resulted in DHKd your competition spent 30 minutes in a premade BG, and now you're an hour behind him. Killing a few level 48s won't make up for that. Nothing will make up for it. You're behind now.

>/sit get crit exploit on pservers
wut? Do they not stand up after getting hit or something?

Only on alliance. Without salv from pallies, (i.e. horde) MCP druids with 100% uptime do equal threat to fury warriors and the fury warriors don't have to farm for 30-60 minutes per 3 minutes of buff uptime.

but having a bigger health pool means they cant be oneshot unlike warriors. druid tank is very good for shit like broodlord and such that have super high spike damage. healers typically overheal warrior tanks quite a lot anyway so it's not like druid tank is straining them any more than warriors.

City Raids are dead if Blizzard uses the same servers as retail. Why are modern WoW servers so fucking shitty?

Attached: 1556823568269.jpg (285x274, 13K)

>Who else here lost their virginity because of Vanilla WoW?
Not WoW, but i did from meeting a married mom in ultima online. Sort of ridiculous to imagine now, she actually drove a few hours and hung out with me while i skipped school that day. And afterwards she completely vanished, was probably a little freaked out. or maybe i was just that terrible.
She wasn't that hot tho that should probably be obvious, and of course that didn't matter to me at all.

Only thing against them is they build threat slower than warriors, so if you need people to lay on dps quickly for some sort of timer reason, it can be difficult, but there's not a lot of that in vanilla, so it doesn't really matter.

Blizz doesn't even have the physical servers of back then anymore.

Believe it or not, but their modern "instanced" servers have MORE trouble handling like 200 people raiding a city than their old servers did.
I don't know how they will handle this at all.

Attached: 1522430320607.jpg (945x1500, 396K)

Warriors can't be one shot. No tanks can be one shot. However druids can be crit twice in a row, which is like taking 4 normal hits in a very short time period, which WILL kill them. The odds are low but when you're raiding several hours every week for months on end, it's going to happen a few times.

Druidlets:
>Posting paragraphs of text in every single thread defending their class to no one
>Has to farm gnomeregan for hours before every raid
>Still relegated to 4th offtank, gets to MAYBE offtank Patchwerk if the main tank allows it
Warriorchads:
>"Sure, whatever bro lmao"

Don't druids generate higher threat than basic prot warrior tanks even without MCP?

classic.wowhead.com/talent-calc/warlock/AzzOUwTMMfxNAA

Is this the Warlock PvP build that makes them top tier?

they spam /sit while healthy to force a crit against themselves to generate more rage and threat.
see infograph
and keep in mind this is in near end game gear for both classes. But the difference is a druid gets near to this result at the start of raid progression just with the MCP, while a fury warrior doesn't become a thing till late aq40

Attached: Kokoelmatests.jpg (1600x395, 128K)

the mentioned broodlord does like 10k mortal strike non crit non crushing. if you dont parry or dodge it youre dead.

Why do they have to farm gnomeregan?

Yep and they do more deeps than prot.

Is there any class that it is worth rolling a troll on, numerically speaking?
Tauren get a freebie with Druid. Orc get everything, UD get everything orcs don’t get, and orcs too if there’s suddenly a lot of warlocks.
Mage and hunter, possibly, since they can both take advantage of zerking and it doesn’t just run them oom like any hybrid. But the mage guts your caster matchups, and I’m not sure how much better troll is than orc, particularly if you get pet damage going.
Maintank warrior not using an axe, possibly, but I still see everyone running Tauren for main tank over a tiny bit of extra threat.
Just wondering, I’m going to roll an UD priest, orc shamy, and Tauren Druid, was thinking of finishing out the four.

all the advantages listed in that pasta make me wanna roll druid, you got anything to counter it?

For pve, asically every class that is not a warrior.

Yeah they can reach a higher level eventually, but it takes a while to build up. So if you're in a fight where a bunch of boss entities spawn and need to be DPS'd down really quickly or the tank will die, or they'll enrage or something, Druids are at a disadvantage. Only time I ever saw this personally was in that fight with the 3 statue bosses in Ulduar in wotlk. Can't remember anything in vanilla where I had a hard time.

Feral Druids are only viable if they use the expendable classicdb.ch/?item=9449

Feral Druids have to farm Gnomeregan for a few hours every day just to be endgame viable

final boss drops a weapon that has a 90s +100% attack speed buff on-use. It only has 3 charges before the buff can't be used anymore and you need a new one. Druids don't care about weapon damage do the fact it's level 29 doesn't matter

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO
HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN BROS ACTIVISION WAS MAKING THE BEST GAME EVER HOW COULD WE LET THEM GET CLASSIC MADE

WE KEPT YELLING AT THEM THEY DONT WANT WHAT THEY WANT BUT THEY MADE IT ANYWAY

BROOSOSOSOSS MUH 8.3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111!1!!!1

THIS WILL KILL WARCRAFT 5EVAR

Memes aside, can I be a 20k hp bear tank or not?

sure whatever bro lmao believe shine excel spreadsheets you saw on the internet instead of my snide non-answer

is there anything more pathetic than lvl 60's that camp grave moss spawns in lowbie areas?

>90s
must be a private server thing.

play whatever you want bro, it's your time not mine

most ive ever seen had 19.4k

Druids are good healers, Ferals can be good off tanks. Oomkins, well. . .
Hunters are decent DPS in the early stages of the game but then they fall off hard are 1-2 are brought for the fact that some fights are made easier by having one to kite/tranq

When is a crit ever hitting a Druid for more than half their health? Not even my Shaman got two-shotted by back to back crits.

The MS doesn't hit that hard, what happens is his skills and his auto have a chance to line up perfectly and one-shot most tanks. This isn't usually a problem though since you have several tanks on him.

Shadow priest. No joke.

It's just a big threat bonus but not necessary to tank well. More for farming raid content faster.

>you got anything to counter it?
Sure. in-game is a lot different than a circlejerk in a forum. You will not be the first choice for anyone, period. And no guild is going to set you up as main tank because main tank is going to be a gm's rl friend (tank poaching is a real thing).
Practically speaking, you're going to have to constantly justify why someone should deal with you when they could just ask a warrior to put on a shield.
That's not to say druids are bad or that bears are bad, but it's just how shit fucking works. I personally would find it exhausting and i also dont feel like listening to some sweaty druid whine at me either.
Remember, path of least resistance - people will always go for the easiest and known option, and that's not going to include indulging some random assfuck's fetish.

>good healers
I mean they are good compared to a rogue healer i suppose.

>First sexual experience was many counts of mutual voice chat masturbation with a widowed 51 year old mother during late TBC, i was like 16. Kinda awkward cause we played the game with her aspie son who i think was even older than me. She'd be ~63 now and sometimes I wonder what happened to her.
>Lost v-card by abusing my Leader privileges in FFXIV 2.0 by meeting up with and sleeping with a girl from my free company
Kek, good times. Shame I'd then grow up to be a paranoid gay guy who still browses Yea Forums 12 years later

>Oomkins, well. . .
They can innervate.

>warlock is brought for the dps

Attached: 1533687278515.jpg (125x125, 4K)

yeah people get salty about dying in a video game and rage about it

I was talking about cat dps

I think i'll believe the autists that actually understand the game insideout than some butt blasted sperg upset at some pasta.
>pic related
you

Attached: z3kwp8xu3ka11.png (4000x3000, 1.75M)

I never played vanilla, what is warlock good for?

Was your shaman tanking a raid boss

Hunter DPS is only bad if you don't know how to play.

I will never keep track of my threat. Fuck you.

summoning, health stone, cheerleader

summoning, combat rezzing and health stones.

No, I bought vanilla on day 1, it's only you my friend

I don't know m8 I tanked all of Uld as a bear and I don't remember threat ever really being a problem unless someone popped every single CD right at the start.

>path of least resistance
but uh honey, feral druid needs one thing to be better at TPS than fury ever will be even after months of farming the best gear, fury will still be behind on tps

they've demonstrated no understanding of the game, they're just aping what they heard while playing it instead of actually looking at thorough analysis

DPS. They're just slightly lower than mages which is perfectly fine.

summoning the useful classes

SHIT GUYS WE GOT A HOT UPDATE BLUE POST HOLY SHIT THIS IS NOT A DRILL
PIC RELATED OH GOD

Attached: 1999988766666666666688.jpg (964x442, 111K)

hes brought to summon 30 retards to the raid entrance. and also to use curse of elements, drop imp for tank group and sometimes banish elementals like garr adds.

They were desperate times, trying to progress on a dead server, but yes.

cant wait for the tbc servers

>hey what if we make it so some of the absolutely 100% entirely useless classes and specs are brought up just a tiny bit so they too can come and rai-

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *SCREAMING #NOCHANGES FAG*
NO NON NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! YOU CANT! PALADINS HAVE TO BE ONLY HEALERS DRUIDS HAVE TO BE ONLY HEALERS SHAMANS HAVE TO BE ONLY HEALERS OR NIGHTFALL SLAVES NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

>Paladins are just slightly worse tanks than warriors
They can't even taunt. Fuck off

Are you retarded? that infograph was pulled from this

>docs.google.com/document/u/2/d/e/2PACX-1vT9Rr3SPnZ6spTl6HnxKlyroxSpCCKcUf8MVt64erBc2QgOF5BQGmA-yJDaJ4MLsqHx0UCDZdxC7lEE/pub

I'm not sure what your definition of "least resistance" is but mine doesn't include 4 hours of gnomer a week.
Again, that's totally fine, but if i have the option of a warrior tank who i know, or some random druid lisping at me in discord about tps, i'll mute the druid and go with the warrior.
Now if you have friends and have a guild behind you then that's completely different. But if you're on Yea Forums and trying to convince us about a 27 year old video game, i have a feeling you do not.

they are very selff-sufficient, meaning that don't really have to socialize with anyone besides raids and dungeons,because they are a great solo class, also they are incredibly good in pvp but quite hard to master

Ok.

You're a retard. If you're pushing for rank 14, you're doing it in a premade bg team. Your "competition" is all in the same fucking party as you.

NO ITS NOT FINE REEE REE REE WE NEED THE OPTIMAL SPECS THE OPTIMAL CLASSES ONLY *breathes in* NOTHING ELSE IS FUCKING ALLOWED YOU HEAR ME?

>Want to play warlock
>Remember that you have to constantly farm soulshards

Attached: 1529884121916.png (1280x720, 348K)

if you make hybrid damage spec as good as pure damage class then why would anyone play pure damage classes?

Attached: 1555755230542.png (139x164, 60K)

finalflash is a scripting nigger

Everyone is just too autistic about topping DPS. If you look at the numbers you'll realize each DPS player needs to do like 350 DPS on Patchwerk to beat it before the enrage, which is really easy to pull off. Even memespecs can do it. Back in vanilla people only considered it hard because most of them didn't know how to play properly.

>warrior prot bis requires
whole raid
money
professions
and time
>druid feral bis weap requires
>time

uh yeah looks like druid actually takes less effort to get its bis weap haha

>rogue/mage/warrior
Yes, they're consistently the best DPS in the game
>Warlock
No, they do considerably less DPS than the above three, but about 4 of them are still brought to raids because of curses, and their damage is still good compared to hunters and meme specs, with much better potential for scaling come AQ/Naxx
>shaman/paladin for buffs
Yes, but shaman is also good at group healing, while paladins are good for single target/tank healing
>warrior is the tank
Yes, usually you have 1-4 warrior tanks, with maybe one druid meme tank
>priest heals
Yes, these guys will make up the other half of your healers
>Druids
Usually you bring two for innervate, MotW, and battle res. Any more is suboptimal, but I've seen guilds take 3-4 just fine
>Hunter
Guilds tend to take 2-3 of these guys because they have really good utility in the form of tranq shot, ability to make instant long-range pulls, traps, true shot aura, wolf howl, nature resist aura for AQ40, and kiting. The obvious downside - and the reason you only take 2 - is because their DPS is almost tank-tier, and you only need 2 to set up a tranq rotation.

>they dont even stack in bags

Attached: 1556777327986.jpg (844x724, 75K)

Thats from TBC

Just how good is Vanilla?

Because they like them, same reason they’ve done it ever since hybrid tax quit being a thing.

>Chad warrior on top.

Based

> No cross faction Characters on same realm

Why? Was this really ever a problem? Sometimes you just want to talk smack or organize shit.

Me and you both.

Except paladins in vanilla managed to raid as ret, shaman managed to raid as both ele and enhancement, druids managed to raid as moonkins and bears.
You're crying about a non issue. You just want to be not only able to do it, but to be as good or nearly as good as the pure classes who don't have the options you have, whilst providing a fraction of the utility that you do.

>he can't do 700 DPS as a hunter

Attached: 1527718743257.png (555x683, 456K)

druid tank bis weap for Naxx is a Gnomeregan blue, the only bad part is getting it 10 times for every raid night

Its fun if you like 75% of the specs not being viable.

How can I rp a warlock without being cringy evil?

>want to play shadow priest pvp
>have to rebuff shadow word power every time you die and lose half your mana

So there's gonna be more than 5 servers per region? They're just setting themselves up for failure at this point. Those servers are going to be dead.

isnt warden staff bis for tank?

>finalflash

Isn't he that fag that does nothing but gank level 20-40s with a full group to support them and gets blown the fuck out by 60s in greens?

BASED AND NATUREPILLED
mind if I save?

The saddest thing about it is that a whole group of weapons goes basically unused in pve

Two-handed swords for example. They are so cool and there's so many famous and great looking ones in vanilla. But who will use them? Warriors have to go dualwield, ret palas aren't allowed, hunters? top lel, shamans can't and even if they use maces or axes they're at best allowed 1 nightfall cuck per raid and the rest is healing

Fucking rip man. All the cool 2h swords will be used in pvp only.
But somehow, that's okay.

Attached: 1544437702951.gif (348x248, 878K)

i guess you mean fortitude

>Why? Was this really ever a problem? Sometimes you just want to talk smack or organize shit.
It was never allowed during retail vanilla, you'd have to pony up for a separate account.
I don't recall when the restriction was lifted but i want to say cata.
So the "why" is due to making it as close to authentic as possible. If you want to pay an extra 15 then you can have an alt account to talk shit on.
>organize shit
should be noted that faction collusion was bannable then and should be now as well. It would have to be something large and organized for it to matter but people did get banned for it.

Its great if you like MMOs being multiplayer games instead of singleplayer farmville with a chat box

You would be using that but swapping to MCP whenever you needed to pop it.

No, this is

Attached: crowd pummeler.png (390x229, 16K)

imagine a vanilla but with wrath/cata rotations but without the gay shit like wrath paladins or DKs

>Play one week of Classic
>Realize that TBC was better after all

Attached: 1553302898609.jpg (452x710, 70K)

>So there's gonna be more than 5 servers per region?
They haven't said that. The most we know based on official posts is at least one pvp/pve/rp server per region. Clearly it would be more but it's better to not make huge leaps.

exactly. that's why it's perfectly fine in vanilla that the best 5-man tank, only viable raid tank, and highest dps spots all belong to warriors.

2h fury is viable.

I've seen warriors dps with Ashkandi and do fine. It's also honestly a great hunter weapon, and if they're autistic enough they WILL use it in between aimed shots to maximize their DPS.

sup y'all it's me it's ya boy

Druid is a better 5-man tank than Warrior

> hybrid damage spec as good as pure damage

I don't think anyone who played Classic and understand Classic is seriously advocating that. The problem is Hybrids were supposed to do 60-80% of a Pures DPS and make up for that with the support they bring in terms of buffs, versatility etc. The thing is the top DPS specs do sometimes 3x as much damage than them, and no way does the utility make up for that. Would it be so bad to instead of having 20 warriors/rouges/mages/warlocks to have 14 of them and then a couple Shamans/Paladins/Druid/Hunters/SPriests/Etc mixed in there for the variety of buffs and shit they bring?

If TBC didn't have flying it would have literally been the GOAT

>3 charges

Sunder Armor
Uncrushable
Blocking

>MCP + omen of clarity
*licks lips*

I remember my first ever Onyxia raid, lads.
Pulled aggro from the tank and wiped the raid.
Good times.

Can't wait to roll a shaman tank

and you lost all your DKPs

>Because you didn't play during vanilla on a private server

Attached: 1541873305334.jpg (703x469, 63K)

that's the fault of naxx patch not classic itself. blessing of kangs was deep ret in like 1.1 so you had to bring retard paladin to mc for example just for that buff. 1.12 talents are tuned for the tank-healer-damage trifecta , thats why hybrids are gimped and essentially reduced to healcucks with a pvp spec.

Leave

Flying mounts were never a problem, if faggots wanted to be faggots let them be faggots.

Reminder that there are autistic guilds practicing lvl 60 speedruns and MC speedruns on pservers already to get server firsts when classic launches

dumb gay nigger

Haven't played since original vanilla, what does "bis" stand for?

Up until cata, the point was playing a class, not a spec.
Sadly most wow players are autistic and too self centred to understand this.

not the guy you're responding to but druids have never been able to hit the defense cap in vanilla, it's always been one of the major downsides offset only by the fact that they have huge mitigation/health pools to begin with so it wouldn't be as crippling as a warrior below the defense cap. it doesn't make druids unviable as tanks but it'll make healers hate healing you because of how jumpy your health bar will end up

>The savage trolls of Azeroth are infamous for their cruelty, dark mysticism, and seething hatred for all other races
based jamaicans

Best in Slot.

>watching Asmongoloid

You're conveniently forgetting
>resilience
>daily quests
>24h heroic lockout
>started the trend where 99% of quests come from quest hubs
>welfare epics
>complete removal of 40 man pve content
yeah, man. GOAT

>if faggots wanted to be faggots let them be faggots.
wow, what a great mentality.
almost as good as "if you don't like it just don't use it"
what a fucking idiot you'd have to be to believe that shit lmao.

>accidently

Attached: goodpepe.png (1000x1000, 128K)

>for all other races
Reminder that no one hates a troll more than another troll.

Who gives a shit, i just want to gank people

Attached: 1550905600816.gif (550x550, 1006K)

Oh so it's stupid shit only tryhards care about, thanks.

Actually I didn't, we weren't that hardcore.
I remember losing some DKP because I was late to a raid, and that's the amount that I lost the bid on Eye of Sulfuras for.
Good times.

I wish draenei could be warlocks so I could erp with the succubus.

>going on city raids when you're ranking
mademereplywithapicture/10-tier bait

Attached: mrshl.jpg (390x448, 71K)

reminder that all their practice is for nothing because they're practicing on a completely separate environment that the creators of freely admit is built upon guesswork and is not accurate.

W-will I make friends on Classic?

forr PvE you go 31-0-20, so kinda arcane, but you only use frostbolt. In pvp, you can go deep frost for survival or use a fun spec: many will say 3min pyro mage is great, but imo the best spec is a mix of them all, google elemental mage.
With blastwave and crit against nova'ed targets from frost you'll enjoy everything, especially killing rogues

maybe

>That Hunter who takes Ashkandi from Warriors and Paladins
Absolutely based.

Attached: 1556372600191m.jpg (894x1024, 62K)

The problem was you couldn't punish them for their faggotry because they'd just hop on their flying mount and fuck off as soon as they were threatened. It made faggotry even more rewarding (especially when lower levels didn't have flying mounts) and made honest world PvP a scarcity.

hery guyz is this the hurtstone gen

So what is the faction % going to be per server if its going to be PvE, PvP and RP?

Attached: 1533978131529.png (1159x1000, 518K)

Why do people care about speed runs, what are they going to do until phase 2? The levelling experience is one of the most fun aspects of the game and rushing it just to farm MC weekly is such a stupid way to play the game

You'll never make friends anywhere, loser.

2H Fury with BRE pre nerf used to be GOAT

My ideal version of Classic, if I were in charge of it

1. Remove DHKs
2. Put Blood Elves and Draenei in, just start them off in Silvermoon / Darnassus to give those areas some more activity.
3. Make ret/prot pala, ele/enh shaman, balance and feral druid and shadow priest a bit more viable for raids.
4. Start working on a new raid to come after Naxx so it doesn't end up in "so naxx has been out for x, what now?" - but it has to be 100% in the spirit of vanilla raids and fit perfectly

Attached: 1494548320913.png (800x800, 597K)

You will. I couldn't wait for Classic and got to the newest Elysium server and took me a week to be in a comfy guild and starting hanging out with these guys.

HYPE

Hey guys this is important. I heard Blizzard nerfed nelf boobs at some point (before any new models were ever introduced). Is this true? Were nelf boobs better in classic than in later expansions that still had the old models?

Attached: 1555714785839.jpg (1024x576, 106K)

Sorry I meant Undercity, not Silvermoon. lel

>Silvermoon
That's not a Vanilla city.

PvE and RP servers always had alliance outnumber horde in real vanilla, but with PvP servers it was always a tossup. You could have a 60/40 alliance/horde split, or you could have a 45/55 alliance/horde split. It just depended on the people who happened to roll there. The skew always favored the alliance overall, though. Even if you only look at PvP realms.

Agree with all but BE/Draenei
There is no reason for having tons of specs completely unviable for raids, it's just a waste. Better just not include them if they're shit.

They were always the most flat chested race

us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/how-many-characters-can-we-create-in-classic/163599?page=2

There are confirmed NO RP servers for Classic launch, however I suspect the community at large will declare one as such and it will become that way, at least unofficially.

I think the split will be relatively even for the most part.

Play as a virgin scholar seduced by a succubus (play as a male obviously)

I know the BE/Draenei thing is controversial and most would disagree. But I think it'd just be extra variety and give people more options.

Although there is the question of whether you would then allow the opposing faction to have palas or shamans. It would make it "more fair" I suppose, but.. tough call.

>play as a male obviously
no

there is no rp-pvp servers. There are rp servers.

your ideas suck
eat a dick

can't wait to wipe to a single higher leveled mob in Western durotar

More people go alliance because they have an easier time raiding, and you get pvp gear from raiding. People will think going orc and undead is better, but they'll have a more difficult time accessing the raids, meaning they'll be less likely to be better geared, and by extension, less likely to win in a fight even with their 30% chance to resist stuns or the ability to break out of fears, charms, and sleeps.

>raiding with retards
>caring about honor system
>seething

that's gonna be a yikes from me, dawg.

Attached: 1229422429079.jpg (600x450, 28K)

> tfw objectively the best server type wont exist

RP-PvP was the shit. Open world PvP all day every day, random ganks turning into huge battles with hundreds of players, people talking shit ERP style, ahhh what a fun time.

That's too bad, out of all the servers I played on, the rppvp one was probably my favorite.

retard

>alliance because they have an easier time raiding
Why?

Tranny

no u

Paladins.

paladins

Western Durotar is fine.
Drygulch Ravine is where we'll be wiping.

We're not going home

Sure you will user, if you just talk to people you come across in the world, or in parties, eventually people come across others they add to their friends lists to do stuff with in future, and then you become friends

What were the three comfiest places in vanilla and why was it

Darkshire in Duskwood, comfy darkness with the lights and cozy houses
Dun Morogh, especially during a snowstorm, comfy and cozy little dwarven bunkers, hot fireplaces and a nice keg of ale. Bonus comfy for the music of the zone
Moonglade with your druid bros, a serene and tranquil place of peace for the select few comfers

Attached: 1404941571062.jpg (640x480, 119K)

Thankfully you're not in charge of it then user, because points 2 and 3 are fucktarded. 1 and 4 are fine. But dhks aren't going to be in at the start anyway they said, they won't be added until the pvp rank system is added.

>when the dwarf RP guilds would show up and start blasting everyone with dynamite
>or the guild full of human warriors and paladins in that armor from blacksmithing

Attached: images.jpg (190x265, 9K)

Crossroads
Orgrimmar at night
Undercity

Sewers are not comfy

Im making either UD or human Warlock. Im rolling coin during launch to decide which one.

Attached: 1544588170574.png (709x513, 300K)

>t. no shoes

They're good enough. There's no huge gap between healers like there is DPS(hunter late, any caster and rogue/war early), and innervate is invaluable during progress.

Desolace troll village for me

Clean, dry halls of stone with well defined canals for the sewer stuff are comfy.

Attached: 1529183410555.jpg (480x360, 20K)

>constantly farm soulshards
This is a meme
You gain more shards than you lose in raids
You don't have to farm shit, ever

Warlocks aren't lower than mages lol

Agreed, though i'd replace moonglade with ashenvale, astranaar is pure kino

Didnt they change that in a patch?

going to spend at least 10 hours a day farming lowbies in redridge
the corpses will pile high

I'd like moonglade a lot more if it didn't have that drab green lighting that washes everything out. It should've had cyan lighting.

Sure, you spam an ability with a cooldown. Not the one without. Jackass.

I was in a Dwarven guild with most of us dressed like mountaineers. It was great

Booty Bay
Winterspring
Azshara

>Implying any guild is going to ever all in on having a Druid main tank when they are literally unable to tank the 4 Horsemen

b-but this greentext on 4chains said that I can tank 75% as good as a warrior with 3000% more effort

Attached: 40minus1biglaffs.png (706x669, 43K)

You could always organize using outside communication channels. This separation could both enforce faction loyalty and prevent people from stalking one another (I presume).

You don't understand comfy

Winterspring had a few comfy places for sure but I think as far as winter zones go I liked Dun Morogh more, both good though

Attached: 1404941571061.jpg (1380x1000, 295K)

>fury warrior doesn't become a thing till late aq40
They're top dps the moment you enter MC, you mong.

Yes, you dump rage into heroic strike because it generates more threat per rage point than sunder armor. You won't have enough rage left to use more sunders than required to refresh the 5 stacks, because you'll be using shield block, shield slam and heroic strike all the time.

lol mad

winterspring was so comfy
remember spending months farming for the frostsabre and then riding round ironforge for weeks showing it off and people asking where i got it

What are you talking about, traversing the dead zone wastes too much ranged dps to make it worthwhile.

>do you only play private servers?
Do you think Classic is actually going to be "vanilla" instead of just an official private server? It'll be running on 1.12 from the start and releasing major content in waves just like literally every blizzlike private server

The most kino boss in vanilla was Vaelastrasz

Prove me wrong you can't

>implying classic won't have 500,000 players at bare MINIMUM

lol

nope, mages

they changed it back.

The only mad ones will be the """Main Tank""" Druids when they get benched on 4 Horsemen for the fucking 8 DPS Warriors

Herod is the most kino boss

TBC introduced resilience? What a fucking travesty

Weaving in a raptor strike from a good weapon instead of an autoshot nets you enough extra damage that it makes up for the slight extra time taken if you're not shit, but
>hunters
>not shit

Who here /slowly running all the way from Darkshore to Westfall at 16 just to get his aquatic form, dodging raptors and oozes on the way/

Who here /gonna take it slow and just enjoy it instead of autistically doing only the most efficient level up strats/

>implying 90% of that won't be retailfags seeing what the fuss is about since they get it for free and then abandoning it after 2 weeks

>africa
>africa
>literal sewer

Can't wait to quest in Duskwood and hear Lethon murder people who wander in.

will normies quit after a week?

Remember that pvp servers will be faction locked

God that sounds fun, why the fuck won't blizzard let us have servers like that? Do they REALLY think Classic will be so dead that nobody will play on an RPPVP realm?

>Do you think Classic is actually going to be "vanilla" instead of just an official private server? It'll be running on 1.12
It'll be running on real 1.12. You know, with the real formulas, skill interactions, monster abilities and calculations. Unlike private servers, which have none of the above and are all just guesswork.
They are nothing alike when it comes to gameplay outcome

>>resilience
>>daily quests

Attached: 1539284186616.gif (535x660, 69K)

>implying retailfags won't stay with classic once they realize how superior it is

>Classic will be so dead that nobody will play on an RPPVP realm?
Nobody ever played on those.

>Darkshore to Westfall at 16
>16
It was literally the first thing I did once I wandered outside the little starting valley and realized there was a whole world to explore. I was level 4 by the time I made it to the inn in Dun Morogh. I didn't even know that was the dwarf starting area, I just ended up there. It's like night elves are attracted to that place. It really says a lot for the game design that so many people ended up taking the same trip and loving it.

No? Vanilla was the normie mmo of its time.

>Hillsbrad Foothills
>me, a paladin
>friends NE hunter & a rogue
>/afk and sit on the outskirts of Tarren Mill w/ friends in stealth
>wait for horde to attack the "afk" alliance scum
>proceed to bubble and 3 man gank the shit out of the newly flagged horde
>rinse and repeat
>after an hour or so the place escalates into an absolute battlefield as both sides call in high level friends / guildmates
>Southshore and Tarren Mill both end in ruins as all the NPCs are killed

Good times

man, I had a fucking blast raiding as a hunter on Elysium, hopping in and out of melee with my arcanite reaper(fuck maraudon I never want to see you ever again)
most fun dps by a mile

Hunter do great dps until late AQ when they stop getting weapon upgrades. I was regularly beat by try-hard hunters as mage until we switched to fire.

nuuuu play the speedrunning spec. follow the speed leveling guide. play the required class and spec or you're going to have no fun at all and nobody will even talk to you. everyone else will get to 60 first and camp you and you're going to quit the game! thats how the world works you're never going to make it and you might as well not even play!!

There are no achievments in classic to release dopamine in their bird brains.

I guess rp-pve fags are the most vocal. I remember some whiners on my server complaining about being killed while erping in goldshire or something. Conflict based rp is based though. We used to have campaigns against our rivals on the other faction. Great times

>tfw finally found out you can download extensions to block channels so I won't have to click "don't recommend me this garbage" on 30 different assmongler channels for every video I watch on jewtube

Imagine how hard nu-Blizzard would seethe if Classic becomes more popular than BfA. Like what happened with OSRS vs. Runescape 3.

Attached: 1543139540320.png (1280x720, 1.15M)

>druid can't ta-
>youtube.com/watch?v=V-8NrR2lj-M
>youtube.com/watch?v=alH2QXm8MM8
>youtube.com/watch?v=n70syHDWfr4
*snickers* mmmhmmm

Attached: Merry.jpg (720x888, 334K)

Paladin buffs bridge the gap for undergeared raiders and people will be far from ideal gear.

I played on Emerald Dream from literally the day it opened through to Legion.

I will be completing every available quest wherever possible I'll be completing them while they are still "green" in the quest log. Yes that means after I finish the starter area (1-5) I'll be running all the way to the next races' starter area to complete those quests.
Yes, I am on the spectrum.

I am sure they would be very mad at all the money they would make.

People barely mention this but it's true. Leveling will be as it was back then, a long, adventurous grind.

>tfw pserver autists will kill themselves trying to level to 60 in one straight week like they did on Nost

I can't wait. Sure it won't be as magical as it was back then because of the modern internet, but it will still be a journey through a world we haven't visited in a long, long time.

Vanilla World of Warcraft is honestly an important part of American history at this point. And we get to go back.

Attached: 1553018382264.jpg (640x585, 73K)

No stop shut up shut up shut up I'm going to be the best warrior on the server everyone is going to give me all the gear and then dispel me so I don't get kited so I can one shot people. You can't have fun leveling and fun end game FUCK OFF

yeah they used to have some big ol' hangers in beta, couldn't even see their belts

>try Vanilla on private servers
>It looks too crisp and smooth

Attached: 1544630016735.png (767x720, 730K)

If this didn't happen back in 2004-2006 what makes you think it will now?

At the end of the day you're paying sub, the shareholders don't give a fuck.

Just give up on that idea now. You will never find every quest, you will miss quests all over the place because it's vanilla, they're not all sitting in hubs waiting to be picked up en masse. I remember in vanilla I thought like this, I didn't abandon a quest till I was in the 40s or 50s, but thank fuck I did

you need that 800x600 fullscreen stretched and capped 30fps

>PvE server
Bad times

>you can do it if the other 39 people do everything they can to make it happen for an EPIC youtube video

nice!
I should have no problems finding a good guild as a dudu tank then :)

>Enter classic thread on Yea Forums
>1 retard pushing bear tanks
>Go to any server and ask a guild if they will use a bear tank
>They laugh hard and ask if i'm pretending to be retarded
Truly your delusion of being a bear tank will hold water when you get forced to heal every raid.

Attached: 1473125007598.png (1024x1024, 511K)

Would be worth it to shit on the new dev team full of women. They'll finally realize they should never have been hired.

Of course they will. For two obvious reasons. 1, they're spending money developing content that it will turn out nobody gives a shit about, ergo they're throwing away money. And 2, you're paying a sub now but vanilla original content that existed is limited, and they will lose those subs the minute vanilla has nothing left to do.

>Like what happened with OSRS vs
. Runescape 3.
Elaborate please. What's OSRS?

It'll look crisper and smoother on the Classic client, which unlike the private servers is a modern day engine with old content stuffed inside.

I've leveled mutiple characters to 60 on Vanilla, I am well aware of this.

OSRS=Old School RuneScape

My mom told me that you'll wipe if your raid has more than one moonkin and gms will delete everyone's accounts.

>character name includes "lol" or "xd" or both
is there a better way to identify the most insufferable fags?

it will 100% be more popular than bfa when it comes out
whether it stays that way or not is up in the air but I'd bet on that too

Is your mother a Raid leader with years of experience in raiding?
Didn't think so bearcuck
Now get back to healing me healslut

now you know why all the meme spec players are either guild leaders on in some inner circle.

most people back then were very bad at the game

>tfw name my male ud rogue "Skillstabz" and camp Redridge and the Menethil boat 24/7 for months becoming infamous and making people seethe whenever my name is mentioned in chat

Attached: 1464721150799.jpg (477x539, 15K)

>heroic strike generates more threat per rage point than sunder armor
No.

>the comfy injun aesthetic
>highest point in Mulgore,can gaze upon all the beautiful green fields
>the best track of any cities in WoW
youtube.com/watch?v=wsXkbM6Jfjg

I laugh with great satisfaction at Alliance retards when they say they have the best cities

Attached: atrnsmogmiracle.jpg (675x380, 60K)

>I'm going to DPS/ Tank as a paladin/druid/shaman!
Sure you will, in blue items, after raids. Here's 5g for some extra heals you faggot, maybe you'll have enough for a respec this week.

Attached: 1547420024316.png (288x288, 1K)

2007 old school runescape. It's literally the exact same scenario WoW was facing before the announcement of Classic. Modern retail was dying, huge demand to get back to the roots of the original game.

Attached: 1550608972462.jpg (1024x803, 33K)

Are you fucking retarded? Mages don't even come close to warriors and rogues. They struggle against hunters when you start raiding. There are no caster blues until DM.

Oh no someone has a gun to my head forcing me to log in every week to heal because some no life faggot allegedly said something. Now I have been permanently bimbofied forever tied up.

>instead of an auto-shot
it's not nearly that slow

Put on that robe triggered faggot

>you can do it if people actually play the game*
fixed

Oh no I have been enslaved to the healing sweatshop because I leveled to sixty. The secret police are going to come to my house and kill me if I don't heal.

Would you like to prove the opposite?

To be fair hunters are in a real good spot ranking wise straight outta dungeons in mc for a little while.

>tfw dwarf hunter that exvlusively uses guns
Fuck bows
Fuck elves
Dwarf gang

I don't know about anything outside of vanilla wow
But as a warlock you never have to farm shards as it's so incredibly easy to obtain them

user how am I supposed to fuck your mother with my robes on?

>39 people forced to help you stay alive
>lol they are playing game
No they are forced to play around you not dying like a tard and not just playing the game.
Get that dress on pussy

Seething paladincuck

Attached: 1541615210713.png (1195x694, 194K)

Hunters don't have a reliable attack speed buff, can't dual wield(1.75x attack power multiplier), their one weapon is normalized to a worse speed than 2-handers are, and their attacks are just plain worse than warriors' and rogues'.
They just don't scale very well.

>2004 to 2006
Classic won't recreate that. It'll recreate the 3 month window in which the game was running 1.12 (out of Vanilla's 26 month lifespan). 1.12 was the patch where druid tanks became viable, but TBC was right around the corner so people had either given up on raiding or were trying desperately to clear Naxx with the most proven raid comps before the time limit was up. Nobody gave druid tanks a chance in the 4 month window they were at peak viability. But now the community has had years and years and years of playing on multiple near-facsimiles to 1.12 and have proven that it works.

TB is great but it's the only comfy horde city
Whilst all the alliance cities are comfy and have great music too

What led you to develop that fetish user?

>not running it in a VM with severe emulated hardware constraints for that fully realistic dynamic 0.5-26 FPS

>druids need to resp-
heheheHAHAHAHAHA oooooh man ya'll 'nillafags just have no idea
>youtube.com/watch?v=rttXIFcLv2o
>youtube.com/watch?v=V9sI38mG46k

Here's what druid can do, in crap gear as heal spec. Eh I can't blame ya'll for being so uneducated though, ahyuck.

Stormwind isn't comfy in my opinion.

You can't see your penis so why you pretending fatfag

the fuck you talking bout spergy, you mean the heals using higher rank heals on you? oh noooo

based

youtu.be/NjSSFfX0EHk

>1.12 was the patch where druid tanks became viable
what the fuck are you talking about, they didn't do shit to bears in 1.12

>Run out of mana keeping a worse tank alive because my snlowflake ass doesn't want to play warrior!
Shut up dipshit and get that robe on

This. the empire of warshitters has come to an end. when the normies hear of this they will come

>start pushing bear tanks as shitposting material
>try to trick people into thinking it's a real thing they can do
>come into threads a week later
>they're still arguing about it

Attached: waving-bear-john-ferrante.jpg (900x600, 121K)

music was great through
first time you walk into stormwind was amazing

260 > 175.
There. More threat total, and HS also has an astronomic rage cost if you're starved for it, since you won't gain any off that hit.

So you wanna be a nigger
youtube.com/watch?v=MyCWtPkNXRo&feature=youtu.be

Haha yeah wouldn't it be funny if I had a bulging belly so big I could walk around naked in public without people seeing my privates haha.

Rage literally doesn't matter versus any boss past the 5 second mark. Only thing limiting your threat is gcd, sunder armor might be last on your priority list but you still use it when you don't have something better off cooldown.

Kek, stay eternally assblown and enjoy that 1-60, Cause i'm gonna be cruising while your ass is begging for mount gold.

>Main rogue in vanilla
>Realize that everyone will be playing rogue in Classic
What do

Attached: 1541835392921.jpg (569x599, 73K)

>resilience
it was good, fuck rogues
>daily quests
similar concept as rested xp and that was in classic
>24h heroic lockout
similar concept as rested xp and that was in classic
>started the trend where 99% of quests come from quest hubs
i dont remember this
>welfare epics
you could craft epics easily in classic too
>complete removal of 40 man pve content
doesnt really matter

Put that robe on

Everyone who shits on druids has 0 idea what they're talking about since almost nobody played druid in pre-BC content, and they try to lump them in with other "hybrids."

Rogue is played a little more than average but not that much
chill bro

boss dies faster from perfect threat control druid
dps can fully unleash without care
>REEEEE BUT I DON'T WANNA CAST HIGHER RANK HEALS FUCK OFF.

Nobody is going to be playing Rogue in classic. Warriors will be the new huntards, mages will be the new dick ass rogues.

It's not the tank's fault you're a shitty healer. Luckily there are 7 other healers in the raid. Hopefully they're less shit.

True it still gives me chills everytime i zone into stormwind to this day

No, dude, hunters are way behind rogues and warriors from the get-go. Even if you weave in raptor strikes, the #1 is going to be a rogue or warrior with 20-30% dps on you. You just can't compete with their ridiculous auto attacks, with flurry/SnD and dual wielding and fucking windfury if you're horde all boosting the shit out of their dps.

Stating 2 numbers without evidence they're legitimate is not proof.

play what you enjoy
why would you not play something just because other people are also playing it
sure is special snowflake in here

Tbh its way worse being a warrior especially on alliance, theres usually like 3 plate wearers a dungeon AT LEAST

maybe there's something to the druid pasta, this warfag shitting his diaper over druchads calling him out

Get back to wearing your robes and buff me every 5 minutes cuckboi.

>imagine being excited about throwing away 15 years worth of features and improvements because muh nostalgia
classicfags are retarded and will get bored within a month
classic servers wil be empty come autumn
this will be the mistake that finally kills of blizzard btw: spending resources so ~100 idiots can have a nostalgia circlejerk for a month or so

Rested XP and daily quests are not similar. Daily quests are a cancerous mechanic that prevents you from grinding rep at your own (faster) pace when you feel like it, and punishes you for missing a day. They start feeling like a chore immediately unlike being free to grind as much as you like.

>3 plate wearers a dungeon AT LEAST
Paladins are not plate wearers.

Attached: 1556734742874.jpg (1382x1022, 477K)

gonna post this every thread to make warlets seethe

Attached: XX0ZNNh8_400x400.jpg (399x399, 21K)

Google it, kid.
You're talking out of your ass. HS isn't maul. It doesn't multiply your threat, it's a flat addition. And you've enough rage to spam both so who the fuck cares you retard.

>improvements
zoom zoom

I hope you enjoy no loot

GOAT

Stop forcing your fetish into every sentence,

>Watching tankfags bicker like school girls as a warlock chad
Best feeling

Attached: 7fe.gif (500x394, 157K)

OBSESSED

>"find my proof for me"
You could've just said you didn't have any.

Druid autism may be one thing, but
>as paladin
Nah

paladins should be allowed to roll on plate
theyre basically healers
they should only be allowed to roll on cloth

get your robes on pallys

Based. Cat druchad here, feels good to be the master race.

lmgtfy.com/?q=wow vanilla heroic strike threat
there, now for yours

>cant make female blood elves
I don't think this semen slurping game is for me guys

>Paladin
>level 45
>185AP buff
Would this be worth it when leveling?

OBSESSED.

>Someone asks for a summon

Attached: 1526402708351.jpg (1280x2160, 277K)

CLASSIC IS NOT SAME GAME AS IN 2005.
Do not expect people to stick around after 2 years the game is a time capsule nothing will change nothing will be added into the game as long as people as Bobby, Chuck are in charge nothing will change they re-release old games and sell it back to you

Attached: 1555016803845.png (1122x1061, 313K)

I honestly feel no stress about rolling a warrior, a LOT of people will roll warrior, but most of them will be zoomer retailbabby retard that will quit before 40,plus warriors are the highest in demand class in raids

Attached: 1556308996812.png (888x894, 520K)

Remember that warriors need thunderfury for any kind of threat. Without thunderfury, they literally lose +200 TPS. Only 50 MC runs on average to get your TF (if you're the MT).

*Frost novas you*

>hurrrrr new = bad, old = good
>anyone who disagrees is a zoomer durrr
I've been playing WoW on and off since release, retard.
Vanilla was shit compared to p much everything that followed.
You only liked it because it was novel and you weren't jaded and burnt out on mmos, but you're too stupid to understand this.

Nuwow removed more features than it added.

imagine actually having to buy arrows and food to feed your pet lmao

"Lets spend 5 hours every day farming gnomeragan so I can OT as a bear and clear MC five minutes faster" is my favorite new meme.

based and factpilled will add to the pasta.

>warriorfags' only comeback to the fact druids have better threatgen is "enjoy farming gnomer"
>when all main tanks spend a lot of their time farming in preparation for tanking
>they try to claim their class the better tank when they don't even know the first think about what it takes to be one
wartards

Attached: 1556678862649.png (652x718, 523K)

>need thunderfury for any kind of threat
this forum is fucking funny dude

Did someone say
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

>paladin players would rather do shit damage and shit tanking than be the best spec in the game
I should roll a holy pally you goddamn ingrates. Easy pvp, easy raiding, dick thoroughly sucked.

??? what the fuck are you talking about
druids are great in 5-man dungeons because they generate a lotta threat, but a geared warrior completely shits on a druid tank
plus your healers will fucking hate your guts if youre a druid tank since they have to give you a lot more attention so you don't die

>hurrrrr new = bad, old = good

Empirically proven by the state of nu-wow and the making of classic, now kill yourself retailtranny.

You've put more time into shitposting than it would've taken you to just post proofs

Attached: 4db.png (680x514, 72K)

>forum

*uses single charge of mcp*
*becomes dominant on threat table till boss is dead*

I don't see any proof of your claims. So long, then.

*reflects your spells with my engi trinket*

Do you think warrior tanks don't spend hours farming every day?

lmfao well I guess if you want to not actually do any of the real endgame content you have those options

>classicfag is the kind of brainwashed retard who responds to arguments with "zoomer" and "tranny"
no surprises there. unironically kys

Really? Mine is fury tanks. Can't fault you though, anything involving speedrunners is bound to be laughably autistic.

How long does it take to farm 1 mcp on average?

Vanilla? Been there done that.

I feel sorry for fags wanting to replay that mess.

Maybe in the future we'll get idiots that feels nostalgic for the vanilla version of Diablo 3.

Attached: 1520205508904.jpg (652x786, 96K)

Aren't big barbed dick cat DPS pretty good with MCP and Wolfshead helm shifting?

>flask takes 2 hours to farm for 2 hour uptime
>MCP takes 80 hours to farm 2 hour uptime
yeah, seems comparable to me

vanilla is pre-activision
d3 is post
there's a difference

>mfw RPfag watching this shitshow.

Attached: 1551762006727.png (985x927, 167K)

drop rate is about 50% and a run takes 5 minutes, horde can teleport directly to instance.

real goat paladin spec was holyshock dps

50% droprate off gnomer. Getting to it is fast but you can only do five clears an hour so its 2.5 maces an hour on average with lots of time spent doing nothing, but not enough to multitask it with something else. Unless you are okay with not being at the dungeon entrance in time for the lockout reset and grinding less than 2.5 an hour as a result (which is probably what I would do if someone forced me to do this shit).

I admit selling totally useless retardbait items on RMAH for 15 dollars a pop was fun

40% droprate, takes 6 minutes to get in, kill, get out. That's an average of 1 drop per 15 minutes. It has 3 charges, so that's 1 charge per 5 minutes. Compare that to the amount of time a warrior spends farming each potion (druids can't use potions in bear form so they need a vastly fewer amount of them)

Did you miss the part where you can do that in ANY spec? And uh honey the optimal druid pve spec can heal and tank. One spec does literally most of the content in the game barring pvp.

Now uh....how many other classes can do that?

they already exist
there are d3 vanilla private servers

fucking brainlet

huntards are the 1.12 pvp tryhard class

40% drop rate, max of 5 runs per hour works out to 2 drops per hour, so 3 minutes of uptime per hour spent farming, or 40 hours of farming for 1 hour of uptime

Druids are good healers if you don't have too many of them, because they can't put hots on the same target.

close-ish

classic.wowhead.com/talent-calc/warlock/A5ww3wX85E8TQAA

Improved VW for the bonus sac shield is necessary, same with 5/5 fel concentration.

Improved CoA is bad.

Thats actually good and not a meme like bears.

>based druidbros triggering the fuck out of fat warriorfags.
kick em off their throne bros

Attached: 1555686350706.png (508x585, 108K)

>can't even aimed shot from shadowmeld

You don't need 2 hours of MCP uptime. You need 30 seconds of it per fight to frontload aggro so the dps can go balls deep from the start. That's 5 minutes of farming per boss fight. That's 30-40 minutes for a full BWL clear's worth of charges.

>Blessing of Salvation on your warlock
>let him go all out spamming 2 (hotkey for Shadow Bolt)

It's true.

The proc is 270 damage in def stance (270 threat)
Attack speed debuff is 90 threat
NR debuff is 145 threat

(270+90+145)*1.15 (defiance)*1.3 (def stance)= 755 threat per proc

25% proc chance, 1.9s swing speed, using an attack every gcd->225 TPS

As a comparison, a single application of sunder armor is 260 threat. Thunderfury proc is literally better than spamming sunder armor.

why are you comparing rdps to mdps. hunter in t1 shits on mages and locks period

Druids don't spam hots in vanilla.

remember someone selling an echoing fury on ebay to some arab for $2000
remember a friend selling a full t3 rogue to some other arab for $5000

But druids are healing touch spammers in classic mr tbc player.

dungeons are trivial, nobody cares what kind of tank it is

If you have a Fury DPS warrior who knows what they're doing and dips Prot a bear can main tank.

But it's less than ideal. Which, at a certain point, means effectively impossible.

t. Warrior tank who went Paladin for BC

A wet paper towel shits on casters in MC. Fucking enhance shaman would probably beat them. He said hunters rank well, that's not true. There's nothing you can do to compete against warriors or rogues. They're good enough, they don't stand out. And mages will get pretty close due to all the AoE packs in there, it's really only warlocks that get dumpstered.

So don't count on having a MCP available if you're not going to farm them.

>it's less than ideal which means it's impossible.

Attached: example-68492.jpg (1024x1024, 49K)

can't wait for a 25 minute video expalining the significance of this.

Jesus Christ vanilla is a bad design nightmare
how can you retards be excited for this

No fucking shit sherlock. A warrior wouldn't count on having stoneshields if he didn't farm to get them.

A reminder at the end of this thread

IF YOU THINK FOR A SECOND YOU WILL RAID AS A BEAR OR PALADIN.
OR DPS AS A FERAL/BOOM OR A RET

YOU ARE A MASSIVE RETARD AND WILL GET PUT BACK IN THAT DRESS.

And the time investment for them are orders of magnitude apart. And druids aren't precluded from using consumables, either.

Attached: 1556548435578.png (1083x619, 736K)

Bear Druid LOL

>They haven't said that.
>>>>max of 10 characters per realm
>>>>max of 50 characters across all realms in your region
Even if they just had 1 of each type of server per region (Normal, PvP, RP, RP-PvP) with a max of 10 on each, it'd only be possible to have 40 characters in a region. So why specify a max of 50 per region unless they were going to have multiples of at least one type?

>Attempt to bear tank during progress
>Raiding wiping on X boss
>waste memehammer charges every time
>Have no healing potions, no shield wall, nothing, so its harder to overcome the boss the first time and raid wipes more
>"brb guys i have to go farm pummelers lmao I ran out"

Fun? No. You basically have to learn two rhythms: one for PvP and one for PvE. If you're not going to PvP at all, you don't want to go Rogue. Some of your BIS at points is from PvP progression. If they drop everything at game launch, ignore this, you can skip PvP np.

But once you've learned the rhythms and can hit them without missing that's it. You've basically reached peaked ability. At that point Rogues are gear reliant. Unless you're a retard fire eater in which case you'd suck on any DPS.

Contrast this to Fury Warriors who have a lot more to pay attention to in Vanilla raids and aren't as gear reliant as Rogues for maximizing DPS output.

I've never actually played a cat druid in a Vanilla raid so I have no fucking clue what that's like.

Attached: maskedassassin.jpg (736x972, 88K)

>And the time investment for them are orders of magnitude apart.
You're right. MCP takes 5 minutes of farming per use, while greater stoneshields take more.