It’s time we finally settled it

It’s time we finally settled it.
ps vita 1000 or 2000 model

Attached: 47F3BAE6-1D00-4EAB-9AC8-1B39F31A6B86.jpg (2000x1333, 950K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vita.hacks.guide/
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Emulators_on_Vita
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>1000
better screen
>2000
better everything else

1000 has better screen and I like how the glass covers the entire front and feels high quality overall
2000 is lighter, slimmer and easier on your hands to hold for long periods of time

why doesnt the 2000 model doesnt have a single hand grip with trigger buttons?

Attached: 1556590550633.jpg (535x800, 206K)

how the hell can you pick anything other than the 1000
the screen is fucking gorgeous
the 2000 looks like a hunk of cheap plastic shit in comparison

Considering getting one to update from my vita tv. Whats the average price on these? Which do I avoid for not getting piss filter?
She was a special part of my childhood

2000. Oled ages pretty badly. I bought a used 1000, it is still usable, but the color degradation and burnin is pretty bad.

screen is too much a deal breaker to consider the 2000, plus I prefer the seamless design, don't like the frame thing

I do wish the 1000 didn't have those tiny start/select though, but few games need it often thankfully (they'll sooner make you tap the edge of the screen to do stuff like open a map).

I have mixed feelings when it comes to the USB connector because while I don't want proprietary shit, I also don't want micro usb (that is such fucking garbage). Wish it was USB-C.

I have an old 1000 i barely use lads what do y'all use yours for mainly barring weeb shit. Im not into weeb stuff

>not into weeb shit
>bought a vita
?

Outside of weeb shit I use it for emulation. I've got SNES, GBA, PSP and PS1 games on my vita right now.

Just hack it and use it for pretty much anything you want while enjoying the good screen. You can even do silly things like streaming your PC to it (aka PC remote play).

You don't even need any tools to hack a vita (except a PC). Just need to be on firmware 3.60, 3.65 or 3.68 (you can upgrade to specific firmwares if need be). If you're on 3.70, there's hack in the works but the wait could be long.

Or actually, if you're on 3.60 you don't even need a PC. All you have to do is open the vita's web browser, visit a website, and thanks to the vita amazing web browser security, your vita is now magically hacked

still got my 1000

what should I play on it bros?

I played the PS1 final fantasys, disgaea, miku, rayman and not much else on it

got guide for that, lad?

vita.hacks.guide/

if you're still on some ancient firmware because you don't use it, just follow the steps to upgrade to 3.60

I've owned both the 1000 and 2000, I honestly don't really care about OLED, the games look good enough on the 2000 by itself.

Sure, if you put them right next to each other the OLED looks nicer. But the display holds up on its own and is better than 90% of the TVs and monitors on the market even to this day.

Attached: clashofclansleague.png (1494x840, 1.56M)

Hey guys. If I already have a psp would you recommend me getting a vita? I'm mostly interested in the second analog and emulation. I've been eyeing a 1000 model with a bunch of things for 150usd. yay or nay?

what things? that might be a little expensive
emulation on the vita also isn't all that good

it's a better psp in every way (psp especially has a bad screen), but $150 just for an upgrade is a bit much unless there's also vita stuff you want to play

I've still got an old 1000 fat model buried somewhere in my house, is it still worth anything? I remember the battery not lasting more than one hour or so.

God that room looks depressing as fuck. Like a fucking prison cell

emulation isn't any worse than a psp though, you can even run psp's emulators on it

a couple emulators (snes9xtyl and daedalusx64) actually run worse on vita than psp
also, they weren't that good to begin with

OLED model's pretty much only have the screen as an advantage, and since it's an older model the screen will get less vibrant with age. When your proprietary charging port breaks and you need to buy an overpriced official one that hasn't been made in years, or a cheap chinese one that will break in months or set your house on fire you'll wish you grabbed a 2000 instead.

2000's having a piss filter was a meme. There's a reason they only used the same 5 or so pictures from the initial reveal and never a side by side comparison after launch.

It comes with a case. And a 64gb sd2vita card. It also comes with 2 chargers, for some reason and 2 batteries. The additional one is brand new.

I would be interested in playing p4G and maybe other good games, the problem is that I'm not too familiar with the vitas library

I actually prefer the proprietary cable because micro usb is fucking garbage.

Wish it was normal usb or usb-c

Whoops, sorry. Second response was meant for

A 64GB card is actually really expensive, that might be a good deal after all. Even though you can get sd2vita on modded vitas now.

>tfw vita launch
>was hoping for MGS4 portable, ace combat trilogy in bed, armored core 4 and 4A while I take a shit and jerk off to white glint
>got a bunch of weeb shit and MGS 2, 3 instead.
fucking hell lads I just want a portable PS2
Was gonna buy one of these but the screen is fucking trash, like fucking sega GG tier, can't play god hand like that...

Attached: serveimage (1).jpg (600x315, 17K)

how bad would you say is the emulation? On my psp is pretty nice, but last time I tried it snes emulation was king of a nightmare

gotta go with the 1000 for the better built stick
nothing annoys me more than stick drift fuck
>tfw found out you can still play PSP games online with coldbird

Attached: handhelds.jpg (4032x6048, 2.35M)

>Why did the Vita die?
>Don't buy the currently available model buy a launch model on eBay

snes emulation on the psp has actually improved a whole lot in the past few years, so it may be better than you remember it
I'd say you have a 50/50 shot of a particular game you want to play working well

You took what you could get in 2003 on a 6 hour car ride.

you can install RetroArch on a vita with a bunch of cores, often better than the standalone emulators bare a few exceptions

snes emulation is fine but you may need to juggle cores depending on the game at times

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Emulators_on_Vita

Vita can also be overclocked which may fix any small FPS issues

Had 3.60 but updated for some odd reason hopefully not up to 3.70

i bought the thing back in 2012 it was new and i assumed it would have 1st party support past Killzone

thats what i guess i should be using it for

not but thanks ill check this guide out

Do those old portable DVD players take input? Might just do that.

>ps vita 1000 or 2000 model
PSTV.

Attached: 1551227848473.jpg (300x430, 39K)

They are built to last you likely fucked the battery by leaving it to charge for an a long period of time. Might as well sell it to gamestop or something. I still have a fat model and the battery often lasts out for Days even when playing Disgaea an infamously time demanding game.

had upgraded as well a while back, then I checked my vita again and it was on 3.67.. which was fine

upgraded to 3.68, hacked it, then downgraded it to 3.60 to get the permanent enso hack (3.65 would've worked for that too but thought might as well stick to 3.60, with reF00D you can run games meant for higher firmware on 3.60 anyway)

no point any more

yeah its a modded one and it looks pretty good in the pictures. The guy told me it has enso installed.

I'd just like to hear from you guys. What would you say is the best thing about having a vita, is it worth if I I already own a psp?

and point once again once 1000 screens and batteries start to kick the dust en-masse. Meanwhile the PSTV can be expected to work in 80 years just as well as day 1.

shame there's no point for a PSTV unless the only thing you need it for is vita games

might as well use a PC for anything else, the point of a vita is portability

definitely the controls. The dpad and stick are much better. and of course having two sticks means a lot more ps1 games are playable.

maybe in 80 years they'll hit a sane price as well

>maybe in 80 years they'll hit a sane price as well
20 dollars was pretty fair to me, user.

2nd stick also useful in PSP games given you can bind the d-pad to it, meaning no need for clawing.

They don't go for that price any more. I picked mine up for about £30, can't find them that cheap these days.

How noticeable is the difference in screen quality ? I have a 1000 model and was considering getting a newer model recently. Is it autism or will it effect my enjoyment?

I've had my 1000 for a long time now and use it almost every day (at times for hours upon hours)I have not had any burn in issues or color issues as of yet.

How do I know which one I got?

>can't find them that cheap these days
And there's a reason for that. PSTVs are an extremely durable option unlike much more failprone portable hardware. The ease of hacking is even better.

Esports were a mistake

just look at the picture in the OP

top is 1000, bottom is 2000

1000 models are noticably fatter and the 2000 models are thinner .

I only have one, how the fuck am I supposed to tell if it's fatter or thinner than others?
???

??? what

they have clear differences, did you even look at it

Just hack it and play PSP and PS1 games at native resolution. The Vita is objectively the best way to play PS1 games at the very least on the go, barring games that require L2/R2.

I'm glad you asked, op

I just got a vita 2000, and while it's very nice, the og is still the best. it's thicker, bigger buttons that feel better to tap, and dat oled

People saying the 2000 is better are just mad they missed out on getting the 1000

it does?

Attached: 884421-MLB20795783192_072016-C.jpg (400x400, 17K)

ys viii

this lol. 1000 gang

it's pretty useful for screen sharing with ps4 pro. not as good as a pc/mac running the ps4 screen sharing application (no 1080p) but it works well enough, especially for RPGs and VN.

I told you to look for one, you faggot.