Halo Infinite

I reckon this will fail, sadly. The reason being that there is a contingent of Halo "fans" (not actually fans) who whinge about anything that isn't Halo 2 or Halo 3. Halo Infinite won't be one of those games, so no matter what 343 does, these whingers will whinge.

It's sad but it's inevitable.

Attached: halo infinite.jpg (1920x1080, 326K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/GrimBrotherOne/status/991061799272247296
gamespot.com/articles/e3-2018-halo-infinite-returns-to-the-franchises-ro/1100-6459829/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What are my lucky numbers, based fortuneteller?

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, and 42.

I wanna know mine too.

Same numbers. Anyway I was hoping for a discussion about Halo.

Honestly I'd rather just wait for reach to come out.
I'm modding xcom2 in the meantime.
Talking about it makes me want it more, so I'll just sit and stew.

Attached: sad boyz.png (555x477, 173K)

The info I'm gathering isn't looking so great. I ta;l with a few insiders.

Attached: .png (1368x1692, 760K)

*talk

I'll buy it
Will it be as good as Halo 3?
no

343 fucked it up by making the forerunner more than sentinels. Also the art style in 4/5 is aids

I reckon you're pretty fucking stupid.

Good. Fuck 343. They're awful.

>Anyway I was hoping for a discussion about Halo
Maybe you shouldn't have started the thread with a shitpost, huh?

Currently making Bungie look like a pile of ass.

That's not an accomplishment or hard to do. Bungie was never a great studio; they got lucky & released the right game at the right time.

>my dad works at nintendo
No he doesn't.

>WAH THEY CHANGE THING
Sad as fuck.

It ain't a shitpost mate. Sorry that the truth makes you butthurt.

Isn't the story done? How many fucking games can they put together with this franchise?

Oh well, I'll just get 1,2,3, ODST and reach on PC and forget about the rest. I hate it when devs draw out stories needlessly.

Attached: 1520442673961.png (600x600, 468K)

Post it, you tease.

It's more of Marty, Joe, and some multiplayer guys kept Bungie from fucking things up and soon when they weren't in charge anymore (Reach) that's when things went to shit.

>I reckon you're pretty fucking stupid
>a post shitting on the retarded OP shitting on Infinite when he knows it will sell well
Are you retarded?

>It ain't a shitpost mate. Sorry that the truth makes you butthurt
Yeah, you're retarded.

>Reach

Sorry user, but there's more than enough proof out there. Almost became canon with shitposts alone.
Not publicly. Though someone broke their NDA several months ago about the MCC on PC and I posted it several times. I was also told the music for Infinite will be similar to ODST's more somber vibes, though not by Marty.

Attached: .jpg (3800x3300, 2.5M)

isn't it a prequel?

Marty and Joe didn't really have anything to do with the story like in the past so it's best to ignore it. It's not part of the real Halo games, Halo 1-ODST.

Destiny clone. Calling it. I already have my arena fix from CSGO and Sauerbraten, I don't need another 3 clone. Reach and 2 are enough.

Attached: 1556733037245.png (1280x960, 797K)

Okay, thanks.

Will we get some Halo CE-3 music in Infinite and how is Infinite's gameplay?

I think the whole PC release might actually build up a decent size playerbase again and if they go full fanservice/nostalgia pandering then infinite will probably do pretty well. Not sure whether it'll actually be any good, but that's a seperate issue.

Nope, it will just have bigger levels than Halo CE and 3.

I don't know what tracks there are exactly. It just has a combination of old and new styles.

Attached: .png (2346x1746, 3.29M)

Okay, cool, what about the gameplay? I have a feeling some Spartan Abilities will return with only two (Ground Pound and Spartan Charge) being dropped.

It'll be shit.

I don't know anyone that works in that department. The most I can help you with is to hopefully convince an author or two to write more about elites in books. Prying away for info is kind of difficult.

Attached: .png (1200x1200, 1.8M)

>"real Halo fans love eating the shit that 343 dumped in their tables"
>"fake Halo fans only like the original trilogy"

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-20-09-19-25-1.png (1432x1738, 497K)

>"real Halo fans love the nuHalo games"

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-20-09-19-38-1.png (1440x1868, 225K)

betcha they'll make it an open world

Attached: 1554782561616.jpg (600x552, 196K)

Sounds good honestly, better than that generic movie garbage they did for 5 anyway.

Attached: 1403748677.methados_jojo_halo.jpg (874x1280, 369K)

>"real Halo fans love the contrived and uninspired plot of the Halo: CoD series."

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-20-09-20-10-1.png (1433x2185, 551K)

They're not

Firstly, you can already get 1 and 2 on PC, and you can basically get 3 with ElDewrito (although the campaign mod which brings Halo 3's campaign onto PC is buggy, I've heard).

Secondly:
>Isn't the story done? How many fucking games can they put together with this franchise?
That's like saying "Isn't the story of Zelda / GTA / Call of Duty / Mario / The Elder Scrolls / Fallout / Final Fantasy / Battlefield / Pokemon etc. done? How many fucking games can they put together with this franchise?"

Basically, you're so fucking stupid that it's barely comprehensible.

Attached: brainlet.jpg (558x614, 18K)

Fuck off nuHalo reach shitter kid. You people are the reason halo died. Nobody is asking for H2/3 again, just a proper sequel that actually builds off of their mechanics instead of taking from other game series.

What even is the game?

Good

I know for a fact they're unable to experiment with the plot/gameplay like ODST's. On the Halo Archive, Grim confirmed this when people talked about a Covenant styled Halo game.

Attached: .png (1500x1108, 2.85M)

What about the musical direction makes you think Infinite is coming along well? A more somber tone doesn't sound like reason to worry.

>fail
Zero chance, its Halo. Even 4 and 5 sold quite well. I think it will be lackluster, and not be enough of a change to make Halo the talk of the town for more than a week even with a PC version.

>he knows it will sell well
We know nothing because we don't know what the game will look like, you fucking dunce. Christ you whinging babbies truly are the cancer of Halo players.

Attached: brainlet2.jpg (645x729, 57K)

>You're a whinger if you prefer earlier games in the series and don't eat up 343 schlock

Nice rant, brainlet. Here's a (you)

I would totally be down for another spin off game like ODST

They are saying all the right things, and they know this is their last shot. I expect something safe. Classic-like Halo is back.

With some recent info I've acquired, I'm not too certain on how the game will go. I can't pass out any name because the event that went down is very specific.
>this is their last shot
It wont be. Even if Infinite sucks, Microsoft uses it as a flagship. People were thinking the same thing after Reach and 4.

Attached: .png (2719x1839, 2.21M)

This game will NOT be a “return to roots” some fans are hoping for, they already have MCC to placate the original fans. Why do you think they brought it to PC out of the blue for no reason?

Last shot to be a mega hit. The fanbase will retreat to the old games on PC and never return if Infinite sucks/is not Halo.

It's Halo, it stars Master Chief, it has split screen, it will sell well plus it's going to be advertised on the Xbox Scarlett.

If it's not then they have lied.

This, just looking at Borderlands 3, I know Spartan Abilities will return in some form just no Ground Pound and Spartan Charge.

Go ahead "that kid", spill the goods. I'll even screencap you for extra E-peen. What are we looking at?

They never called Infinite a return to roots, they're just bringing back old things and fixing the damage they caused with Halo 4 and 5.
>Master Chief focused campaign
>split screen and LAN
>new engine
>all features at launch
>the removal of the most hated SA (Ground Pound and Spartan Charge)
>massive levels that let you explore
>no microtransactions
>content that will keep coming making the game feel fresh
>art direction and music more in line with old Halo games with some new things in there
>making sure to get the campaign and multiplayer right this time

They're hyping it up with the changes to MCC and obviously the port to PC, it's their now or never hit for the franchise.

If this game has sprint it will not be accepted.

>my dad works at nintendo
No he doesn't.

>I don't need another 3 clone
That's the thing, if they did a 3 clone, I doubt it would do very well because that game is dated as fuck these days. But I fear this is what they might attempt in an effort to please the whingers (who will never be pleased because they are butthurt whingers who can't get over the fact that it isn't 2007 anymore). It would end up pleasing no one, and it would fail.

Disagree.
I think 343 has learned heavily from their mistakes and will deliver us their version of a great halo game.
and hopefully microsoft will also be able to pick up a lot of momentum during E3 for Halo to reach a large audience.

But it's also going to be on PC so it'll be able to reach a larger audience than 343's previous halo games.

twitter.com/GrimBrotherOne/status/991061799272247296
Shut up faggot.

Attached: .png (960x960, 350K)

Yeah you're not a real Halo fan, not in the slightest. Anyone who actually liked this series would recognise that it changed with every single game. Anyone who liked it wouldn't be so myopic that they can't see anything outside of the years 2004 - 2007. You're not a Halo fan, period.

Also:
>thinking i'm going to read all your autism
Lmao.

No YOU are the reason it's dying. Your whinging is going to make it so that 343 is going to try and please an unpleasable group of autists. No matter what they do, the autists will say "THIS ISN'T WHAT BUNGIE DID, SO I DON'T LIKE IT". Which of course is not the standard by which normal people rate video games. Normal people rate video games based on whether they're good or not. But not the autists; that would require too much thinking.

Fuck off back to your hole on Reddit where you can circlejerk with your fellow autists.

>doesn't have an argument
>can't think of his own insult so uses mine
Lmao you're so fucking stupid.

Attached: brainlet3.jpg (208x326, 10K)

>SOME RANDOM LOSER WHO POSTED THE SAME IMAGES AS ME WAS REPLIED TO BY SOMEONE FROM 343, THEREFORE I KNOW EVERYTHING
Lmao you're so fucking dumb.

Attached: brainlet4.jpg (550x543, 30K)

It will if it's fun.

Sorry that you don't get that much attention, user. You can add me on discord if you need a convo.

Attached: .jpg (2631x1094, 918K)

>Whinging about other people whinging
pot meet kettle

Halo 5 multiplayer is actually pretty great.

The story was bad though who gives a FUCK about Locke

It's going to fail if they're retarded enough to release it on xbone instead of saving it for next gen in 2020

Hell the series never can go back to it’s roots with the covenant gone.

>if you don't like Call of Halo, you're not a Halo fan

Die.

Just make a Halo game that plays like Halo. Fuck off and die fanboy bitch.

gamespot.com/articles/e3-2018-halo-infinite-returns-to-the-franchises-ro/1100-6459829/

Never forgetti.

Cortana is controlling the Covenant now.

Yes
>on a Halo ring
>massive open-ended levels
>Flood
>Sentinels
>split screen and LAN
That's all they mean, gameplay will not go back to Halo CE-3, it changed too much.

Forgot
>art style
>music

they got lucky by releasing a bunch of good games for over a decade...

Not him but they released good games from 2001-2009, 2010 wasn't a good game.

no flood = no buy

Attached: 1498166908582.png (567x642, 288K)

Then they will fail.

from 1994-2007 zoom zoom

No, they will not, people are already saying Halo 4 had a good campaign and Halo 5 had a great mp. all they need to do is combine them so now 343 are combing those, grabbing things that made Halo CE-3 so good, removing the shit that damaged Halo 4 and 5, improving what was good in Halo 4 and 5 while combining Halo CE-3 with Halo 4 and 5 making the ultimate Halo game.

Sorry I didn't give a fuck about them until 2001 when Halo was a thing.

>people
Shit eaters, aplogists, fanboys and children.

Thanks for confirming to me that Halo Infinite will do fine then.

Nope. Not if it's as you say.

You underestimate how many people enjoyed Halo 5's gameplay. It's why they shoved Halo 2 and 3 babbies in the MCC, it's a way to keep them there and finally shut them the fuck up. You're a retard if you somehow honestly thought they were going to get rid of all that shit just to cater to your ass, they already have a Pro Team and are bring back Warzone, what makes you think they were going to make Infinite play like Halo CE-3?

>Expecting these fucking heathens to appreciate the Marathon Trilogy
You have too much faith and only yourself to blame

Because H5 is culturally irrelevant. No staying power. They know they fucked up.

>pretending you're somebody you're not on an anonymous online basket weaving internet forum
Lmao.

>being a complete faggot who thinks it's still 2007
Lmao, you're not a Halo fan and you never will be.

>people are already saying Halo 4 had a good campaign
Decent, mediocre and alright are all the words I've ever heard to describe 4's campaign. It's not shit like 5's but it's still a significant step down from even Reach, and a disappointment compared to the trilogy and ODST.

Halo 5 has more players than MCC. Their strategy for Infinite is have everything at launch this time while also releasing new content on a similar level to Fortnite keeping players interested and staying on the game.

dumb brainlet autist.

Reach campaign was worse than Halo 5, only Reach babbies like it because it's their first game, Marcus Lehto has no place in being a Project Lead.

>Halo Infinite

It's like that ex that asks you "what you want".
Sure theres a million things, but you just don't give a shit anymore. After Reach, 4, and then 5, fuck halo. I don't care anymore

Attached: 1555384009933.webm (470x720, 2.93M)

I'm a fan. You're a fanboy.

So you can post elite smut fucking constantly but you can't leak the smallest amount of Halo Infinite information to keep the game relevant.

Attached: 320572b24a9303182fc31880d2d18c46.jpg (1000x1000, 260K)

user, you can message the user that goes by Vien on twitter or add the discord, and I'll gladly respond. I've added a few anons already, and they're pretty chill.

Attached: viensfw.png (2346x1746, 3.29M)

>new game has more player than broken release old game

Wooooow

>Halo 5 has more players than MCC
Of course it has. MCC is still 5 fucking years later broken mess.

Close your fucking hole zoomer. Halo Infinite could be an Action RPG for all we care, the problem is that they refuse to make Halo first. There games are never the real thing under the hood. If it's not the lack of teleporters, man cannons and individual empowerment, it's no weapons on map and loadouts. It's always something with them. They can't fucking figure Halo out and they fire everyone before they can learn either.

The suits need to be fucking fired, not the devs

But you said Halo 5 had no players.

No it wasn't and you're letting personal distaste get in the way of your judgment. One game has Promeathens and the other doesn't. One has squad commands and SA and the other doesn't.

>how dare people have standards

>doesn't have an argument
Lmao, the retardation is real.

No I'm a fan, and you're a moron.

Attached: brainlet5.jpg (1838x2048, 157K)

Halo 5 has LESS players than the relevant games when they were relevant. Don't play stupid.

The suits are no longer in control though.

Yes, it was, Reach was garbage and I'm happy Marcus' shit indie game failed, mother fucker.

Faggots like you that defend any shit they give you is giving me even less hope.

I'm gonna be so smug when infinite is real Halo again and H5fags are gonna have to suck it down.

2019, people are ready for a new game

>They can't fucking figure Halo out and they fire everyone before they can learn either.
>The suits need to be fucking fired, not the devs
I'm 90% sure there's an article or interview with a dev who said they had a build of 4 that was an outright successor to 3 and they junked it for not being different enough.

>whinge
Cringe

as long as the armor is mk IV or V, the enemies and guns are classic, and the colors are bright and alien, people will love it. 343 wanted to be loved for thwir own thing but we dont love 343, we love halo. They tried to change halo itself and thought the fanboys would just eat it up (many did)

I'm in my late 20s and I've been playing Halo since CE, you fucking moron.

>There games are never the real thing under the hood
Firstly you're so dumb you can't spell, and secondly what's funny is that they actually ARE the real thing under the hood. They've been running the same game engine since CE, which is one of the reasons they're moving to Slipspace, because the existing engine is now showing its age. So it's funny, but not surprising, to see one of you dunces say something which is literally the complete opposite of reality.

Attached: don't like thing.jpg (500x628, 102K)

They honestly should.

Attached: 1545030588283.png (411x412, 296K)

You're a retard then. You're just seething over some random fag and don't care about the actual qualities of the game then. It's still an embarrassment to the trilogy and ODST but it's still nowhere near 5.

but they fixed mcc :/

Was dead waaaaaay before that excuse was applicable. Nice try.

Nah, I just like good games, it's as simple as that. If 343 made games that were bad then I would dislike them, but they haven't. Objectively, 4 and 5 are good games - 5's story was criticised, sure, but apart from that, they've both had very good reviews. Many people have called 5's multiplayer the best in the series.

Morons like you are like the genwunners of Halo players.

>Firstly you're so dumb you can't spell
It's a typo for 'the' but I suppose you're so disheveled you needed that small victory.

>They've been running the same game engine since CE, which is one of the reasons they're moving to Slipspace, because the existing engine is now showing its age. So it's funny, but not surprising, to see one of you dunces say something which is literally the complete opposite of reality.

It's called Blam! and I guarantee I know more about the libraries than you do. That's not what I mean by 'underneath'. I mean from a design standpoint they forget basic things about Halo that stand out, even things that improve the pace of the game.

Attached: 1480388083168.png (1209x848, 1.54M)

From the looks of it, i'm pretty sure the game will be open world.

Fanboy detected.

Reach had no quality, game doesn't even fit with the rest of the series and is the slowest Halo game in the series with the lowest jump height, can barely even call it a Halo game.

But it's not dead.

Kill yourself for wanting Halo to be that trash.

This is actually true.

Well fuck Halo Infinite then. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Halo was never even broke before they forced it to change. In fact 3 was the best selling one and right after that game drastic changes to the formula. God of War at least ran itself into the ground before changing which is much more admirable than the shit they did to Halo. You don't change what was at the time the biggest gaming franchise on earth when it was reaching its all time peak. You do that when a franchise is in steep decline. Bunch of fucking monkey's handled Halo after Bungie left. Even Bungie themselves were monkey faggots.

>Kill yourself for wanting Halo to be that trash.
Tell me why linear Halo is better.

What's funny is that even you have so little confidence in their vision that you imagine a 'small contingent' of fans that like the originals will interfere with the game's success, even with all the Halo games being released on PC. The cognitive dissonance is very palpable.

I'm not a genwunner, ODST and Reach are my personal favorite Halo games and they were made by a Bungie that was critical of their past games and wanted to try new things, and some ideas really hit the nail on the head, while others really stunk. Sound familiar yet?

Attached: 1548105426013.png (236x231, 72K)

>pretending the original Marathon wasn't trash
>implying the sequels weren't ok at best

>turning God of War into another shitty generic over the shoulder movie is admirable
Get the fuck out of here.

>Tell me why linear Halo is better.
Allows for different locations and less bugs, along with better gameplay along with epic moments.

How many levels of cope is this 343fag on?

If he honestly things Infinite is going to fail he's borderline retarded.

*thinks

Halo is an arena shooter
Arena shooters are dead

Ergo, your mom is a whore

Unironically keep seething zoomer.

>Allows for different locations and less bugs, along with better gameplay along with epic moments
But can you honestly say the past few Campaigns have lacked this? At worst, they were held back by shitty enemy designs that were unfun to fight in large numbers, but the levels were largely on-par aside from that, even Halo 5's (you just couldn't give less of a shit about anything that's happening because the story is so awful).

Shoot me for this, but I really think we should go back and try to perfect ODST's style of world where the player is tossed into unfamiliar territory and has to find answers. Installation 07 is a much more diverse place for that as well, teeming with wildlife and tombs, and sentinels.

Just like the trailer.

Any chance this is open world? I pretty much despise open world shit, but having a whole ring as your world puts some nice constraints. Imagine being on one side and have the ability to fly to the other side where a battle is taking place ..

user ODST worked as well as it did because of how it would undulate around you as you go from cramped buildings, alleys and streets to the plazas or courtyards while stilling retaining the New Mombassa look and atmosphere. Contrast that to the wide open plains with not a whole lot, the tall box canyons, the islands like in Silent Cartographer and the extremely removed containment parts of the ring. It'd be a bitch and a half to keep these distinct areas close to each other without it being empty as fuck and taking a long amount of time to get from location to location. I'd love to be proven wrong but I'm extremely skeptical

They should stick to what they are doing, giving us bigger levels than Halo CE and Halo 3 and stick with that, ODST was pretty linear.

Don't worry, it's not.

This

It's a typo for "their" actually. I'm dealing with fucking children here.

Attached: brainlet6.jpg (645x773, 39K)

This, I still can't believe Bungie is still using the blam! engine to this day, no wonder they're having so much trouble.

Way to mince words fag. I didn't say the new GOW was any good. I said the fact they even finally changed the formula is what was admirable since they took the don't fix it if it ain't broke approach to the extreme. Only Pokemon and Warriors games are even more milked with the same formula than GOW was. Not even COD was as samey across games as those three franchises.

Halo is more like 2D Metroid where the devs felt the old formula was wearing thin by the third game.

Okay so what exactly is this game?

Open world FPS or something?

I have hope for Infinite, purely based on the fact that they got rid of the writers for 4 & 5 that were absolute trash as well as some art direction people.

Attached: 1355806389032.jpg (1024x904, 550K)

That's all these fuckers do is mince words, it's why I rarely come to Halo threads anymore

A Halo game with bigger levels.

This