Friendly reminder:

Friendly reminder:
>Final Fantasy is practically dead
>Pokémon is just braindead
>Fire Emblem and Persona have all been heavily dumbed down, stuffed with waifushit, and stripped of any possible challenge for the casual player and normalfag
>Gatchashit is self-explanatory
>Neptunia is also self-explanatory
>Tales has shown very recent signs of gachafication with Asteria, Link, Rays, and Crestoria
>Mother is dead
>Chrono Trigger/Cross are dead
>Monster Hunter's getting the Hollywood treatment
>Atelier has completely fucked itself and its sales over with Gust and moeshit since Khemia
>Speaking of Gust, Ar Tonelico is dead
>Drakengard has been abandoned in favor of Nier
>The SaGa series has started ripping off Last Remnant
>Star Ocean is dead
>Xenogears and Xenosaga are dead and not getting remakes while Blade still lives
>Suikoden is dead
>Grandia is dead (and that remaster sadly won't save it)
>Same goes for Langrisser
>Growlanser is dead
>Vagrant Story is dead and the Ivalice universe sucked into FFXIV
>Breath of Fire is dead
>Alundra is dead
>Valkyrie Profile is dead
>Wild Arms is dead
>Panzer Dragoon is dead
>Shining Force is dead
>Phantasy Star is dead and already gachafied
>Phantasy Star Online is dead
>Ragnarok Online is dead
>Maplestory is dead
>Skies of Arcadia is dead
>Tactics Ogre is dead
>Lufia is dead
>Lunar is dead
>Dark Cloud is dead
>Jade Cocoon is dead
>The ActRaiser/Soul Blazer series are dead
>TWEWY is dead and sucked into the void that is Kingdom Hearts
>Trails has been turned into bloated harem waifufaggotry with LN-tier chuuni protagonists and Calvard's still a long way off to save or completely destroy it thanks to Cold Steel

>Ys is older than ANY of these series or games and is still producing highly underrated quality-over-quantity action RPGs that are fun, challenging, and engaging with god-tier music for everyone to this day

The absolute state of many JRPGs these days; they're sadly just not as adventurous as Ys is now.

Attached: 1528699303277.png (548x768, 401K)

BASED AND ADVENTUREPILLED

Come one Adol! That's not nice!

>Chrono Trigger/Cross are dead

Not true, Another Eden exists.

>not talking about SMT
It’s also dead jim

Attached: 0BA8414C-CFBB-49B6-B281-F40E9D39B896.png (990x2031, 1.29M)

All game series go downhill

>quality-over-quantity
Hasn't there been like 11 of those games?

you forgot
>fate is now gachashit

over decades

11 games over 32 years isn't that bad.

He's in.

Attached: Adol Christin bumps In.png (1200x675, 1M)

Which games should I play if I don't like bumper cars or party members?

>gets announced
>people complain about anime swordsman
>gets added to game
>sword is just for show, he's a braindead character who does damage just by making contact with or running into people
based

Ys died in 1993

Attached: what the fuck happened to ys.png (1094x1060, 739K)

DIMES

Origins

>>Neptunia is also self-explanatory
Nep is as good as ever
>>Mother is dead
Because Mother 3 development started seconds after 2
>>Chrono Trigger/Cross are dead
Really, 20 year old one shots?
>>Drakengard has been abandoned in favor of Nier
While likely, no such announcement has been made. The gap was ages between 2/3. I doubt it's abandoned
>>The SaGa series has started ripping off Last Remnant
SaGa has never ever ever been good
>>Vagrant Story is dead and the Ivalice universe sucked into FFXIV
It was a one shot. Why do you think you deserve sequels just because you like a game? Also Vagrant Story sucked
>>Ragnarok Online is dead
>>Maplestory is dead
I'm sure those MMOs are still running
>>Skies of Arcadia is dead
>>Tactics Ogre is dead
Those are one shots
>>Dark Cloud is dead
One shot. There is no 2 you Amerifat
>>Jade Cocoon is dead
One shot
>>TWEWY is dead and sucked into the void that is Kingdom Hearts
One shot

Ys is pretty dead. Party system Ys games are garbage played by the same anime-addled morons that consider Cold Steel to be good.

There's a second Jade Cocoon

Oath in Felghana, Origins, and Ark of Napishtim. All three use the same engine with various changes between the games, Napishtim being the least polished, all three meeting the requirements you've specified. There are other Ys games that meet those requirements but these three are the best of them in my opinion.

>Ys after 6
Ys Seven killed it mate, it's shit now.

not that user but all I remember about Jade Cocoon 2 is getting absolutely stomped by the monster version of yourself when i was like 10

Literally why? The game was ass and sold nothing

Mother concluded, and MH getting a movie is basically irrelevant to the series itself.

At least Kaga is keeping the spirit of FE alive. It's production value might be garbage since he's doing it on his own in RPGmaker, but I'd he do that over kickstarter scams like MN9 and Yooka Laylee.

Attached: Vestaria1-ost-cover.png (500x500, 376K)

All these games suck who gives a fuck my guy

Have not played a Ys game but, do you really want it to do better? half of your examples are games who became mainstream and successful by losing their uniqueness and the other half just fell to obscurity, do you want to use the monkey paw to make everyone love your game at the cost of what made you love it in the first place?

>>Ys after 6
Makes it sound like you're forgetting the un-numbered ones that were released after VI.

That was ten years ago, good thing VIII was good and has brought up the standards of modern Ys. Now, if only there was an option to toggle the party system off that didn't require you beating the game first...

Xenoblade is better

>an option to toggle the party system off that didn't require you beating the game first
inb4 exactly that as DLC
Really though, what's going on with Falcom and this insane DLC I see on Steam and GoG every now and then? Two dollars for a bait set? As if fishing in the games wasn't bad enough.

>The SaGa series has started ripping off Last Remnant
But it's the same developers you retard. Ys 8 was shit anyway.

If Ys can produce over ten games in over thirty years without a hint of international popularity and continue to produce games after that, I doubt that it'll ever become truly popular. But I presume that that's perfectly fine for its fans.

Falcom is a poor small budget asset-reusing company that needs all the shekels it can get, please understand

Attached: theabsolutecoldofsteel.webm (960x540, 2.85M)

that's all good and a-

>Ys is (...)still producing highly underrated quality-over-quantity action RPGs
no you piece of shit

Attached: 1456506806696.jpg (400x307, 42K)

Too bad that game is trash

>conveniently disregards Dragon Quest
yikes

nu-ys sucks, fuck the party system
I haven't actually played much of the party system games, just a bit of celceta so far, but I don't find it as fun as the ark engine games

VIII is considered a major improvement over Celceta, so there's an pattern of rising quality, at least.

Celceta is the worst of the party Ys

8 brings back jumping, exploration is actually fun and the party members are actually characters in the story instead of being sidenotes that Adol meets along the way so they have an excuse to have party members in the game

You forgot ShadowHearts, Monster Rancher, Steambot Chronicles, Radiata Stories and Digimon

Ys is now story heavy party based shit
F desu

Why is the ys fanbase so cancerous these days?

Can you not just download a save file or something?