Is MK11 actually flopping?

There are a lot of evidences at this point. What do Yea Forums believe?

Attached: A+ Gallery_51.jpg (1080x1649, 159K)

It has a good and spicy launch just like MKX. It's doing incredibly well but it's going to just die off just like the last Mortal Kombat game and people will just move on.

they bragged about their shipped copies, not their customer sales.

Deserves to flop

These kinds of games literally cannot flop since no matter what thousands of people will buy it. See also: Anthem
Prove me wrong

Go woke go broke

>thousands of people will buy it
Only thousands of people buying it would be a massive flop, you fucking monkey.

Get woke, go broke!

Besides like PUBG and I guess Siege, all the top games being played are free 2 play. A game in the modern market has to be sooooo good that people who can play the top games on the planet for free would be willing to fork over $60 without a guarantee of enjoyment/value. As a result, almost all triple A titles have been getting price cuts and discounts right away.

I wouldn't say MK11 is flopping, but it along with most other new releases, don't have what it takes to survive the modern market. We aren't going to see a gaming crash anytime soon, but the big publisher crash is right around the corner due to their inability to understand the market which is literally their only job in the digital age.

Attached: 1540518090646.gif (1000x1000, 471K)

only fake nerds from Yea Forums care more about the outfits on the girls than the atrocious microtransactions and lootboxes

I hope they all eat shit and die and lose their jobs

At this point, the only safe day 1 buys are Nintendo games, and not even because they're great or anything. Because anyone who buys Mario maker 2 at launch will be happy and get exactly what they wanted. You're a dumb fucking nigger if you think the next AAA western game you get will be any good, at least good enough that it won't flop or be discounted a few weeks later.

I'm glad the west is having a soft-crash though. All you mindless drones who bought every piece of trash that came out on day 1 are finally getting what you deserve, now that the quality decline has caught up to you.

Attached: 407d6d8c268.png (516x635, 431K)

Well, it's like Injustice 2 but worse so it's not even a fighting game. You spend all your time farming towers for loot under the auspice that you'll eventually get all the pieces you want to make your character look the way you want so you can finally go and learn the game and fight someone else looking cool, but never actually get to that point because the loot is all random with the best skins hard-locked behind 40+ hours of grinding. Unless of course you ignore 99% of the game and just go right to ranked.

And say you even get lucky and get a cool skin early, well guess what? The tournament variations of character movesets, the way NRS wants you to play their characters in their ideal, are all purposefully the most boring they possibly can be and even in some cases arbitrarily terrible. Evidence of this is Kitana, her tournament variations are shit and make her worse than a good portion of the cast by default, even though you can customize her moves for a casual match to actually be good. All the while, Erron Black is good fundamentally regardless of tournament variation and can be made even better in casual games if you use custom moves.

it was like 45 moneys at launch

>this thing is bad
>but you can't complain about it because this thing is also bad
What kind of retard logic is that. Any and all faults should be displayed.

NOOOO BUT IT HAD THE BEST START EVER!!! WHAT HAPPENED BROS???

this, but unironically

not so much about the outfits, which everyone claimed were ridiculous (like the rest of the series), but the creeping censorship to appease essjays who don't even buy these things (obviously)

you already know the flop rate of fighting games
just adjust for a western title

>Cage's multi-fuck you taunt got censored in fear of someone doing it in a sponsored tournament

E-Spooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorts

>A $10 discount is now evidence of the complete failure of a game

Fuck off

Attached: 1555690687536.jpg (960x960, 43K)

Does it still run shitty on pc? Thinkin of downloading it.

Attached: 3CE5CEBD-9A5A-47AA-A5F3-246E78C22983.jpg (936x584, 73K)

>dropping prices not even after a month
>i-it's not bombing you re-retards!
It's over, shill, I suggest you to seek a new job in a different field

When was the last time a fuckhuge AAA release had a 10$ "discount" in it's first week?

Prole are not dumb, why buy it, when a complete edition will be release next year

this is what happens when you put a gay in charge of character design

It's literally because retailers are price matching Amazon.
For the hundredth you retards.

So, why did Amazon drop the price you dumbfuck

Bezos is obviously an alt-right activist.

Mortal Kombat is a slow and clunky fighter. It doesn't look good. The only people who want to play it are edgy gore fags and people grow out of that phase fast.

>Why does a business try to get people to buy from them instead of the competitor?

Is this really that hard of a concept for you to grasp? It's the same reason why you could get new games for $47 from amazon before they canceled it. They want you buying from them not someone else.

Based Bezos.

god should punish greedy companies more
let gamers be his tool of vengeance

I hope it does fail I decided I wasn't buying it after certain game decisions they made and also certain alienating dev comments. Also all these games have 10 dlc packs fuck that. Also fuck Rhonda Rousey and Jax the patriots character rewrtie for no reason to appeal to the worst kind of people.Fuck the stupid unfitting mumble rap music they played to all the trailers, its like they tried their hardest to alienate their fans. I hope this is the last MK game.

Could be but not for the reason you hope. It's the microtransactions.

dumb shill

>Microtransactions of all things is scaring people away

days gone seems to be doing fine even with bad reviews.
I think the problem really is that most modern tripple a companies hate their long time fans and have sold them out for feminists and "progressive" values

I hate both parts equally and I used to be a big fan of the franchise
sjws have taken out a huge part of why I liked it with their censorship and lame new designs

Not with those bloated $100 copies making up a chunk of the pre-orders

>Does it still run shitty on pc?
yes. they even removed any mentioning of the pc version form their social media accounts.
they are running of with the money and leave the game out to die

Someone post that faggots Twitter, the one who's the new designer for NRS that made all the girls ugly and took their fashion sense away. Anyone who thinks any of the females in this game don't look absolutely awful (cept maybe the humans, at least they're dressed competently) should have their eyes removed because they're clearly not using them.

It's shit like this that will guarantee that e-sports will fail to ever be mainstream. It's fucking video games, trying to force this sterile corporate boring environment instead of a fun, casual one where people shit talk each other and have a good time. Nobody fucking takes vidya seriously, especially normalfags who think they are for kids. It's pointless to try to make it "professional and proper".

sounds exactly like what happened to speedrunning
a group of easily offended faggots taking out all the fun and sense of community

>first week
first day it already had a $10 discount

These games tend to have astronomical budgets and western investors tend to have literally insane expectations for AAA-video games in modern overheated market.
It would probably have to make absurd revenue for a fighting game to be considered a success, remember that we are talking about a genre where Smash Ultimate became best selling fighting game of all time with just ~13 million copies sold.
It's understandable why they would be selling the basegame cheap, as they expect to make most of the money through microtransactions, but I'm very sceptical of their apparent aim to turn a fighting game into a long term paybig. It's just not that popular genre.

IIRC he's also gay which explains why the men are all half naked. He also mentioned he tried pushing the same shit 10 years ago and almost got fired for it. Whoever was blocking him isn't there anymore.

hahahahahahahahaha

Attached: krkrkrkrkrkrkrkrkr.png (816x276, 80K)

ohnonononono i guess violence isn't popular anymore

that matter will take care of itself now.

In terms of fighting game it's damn near impossible for MK to flop, street fighter 5 only managed to do 2 million for perspective, and MKX did around 10 million.

Didn't know he was a faggot, that pretty much explains it then. Hopefully he gets fired, you know the game is selling like shit if it's already on discount.

>"N-not related"
It is as related as your genitals and gender, you fucking tranny

Ok but I need his name/Twitter as proof
I heard he's got a deviant art full of Marvel OCs or some shit too, which would explain his awful fucking designs all looking like marvel villains.

It had a price drop in the first week, made cosmetic changes that angered fans, and has some of the lowest entrant numbers for Evo.

It already flopped.

Who knew shitting on your fans who actually buy and play your games to pander to sjws and twitter leftists who don't even play your games would end badly. These ceo's need to stop these people from getting positions of power in their company's. They without fail push their shitty objectives at the cost of the games success, which they don't give a single shit about. I'd be so pissed if this happened at a company I owned.

I still don't understand how a fighting game development requires a crunch. It's not a AAA open world action RPG. Is it just bad management?

They'll keep trying forever. The risk is high but the untapped market if they hit that sweet spot would be a gigantic pay off.

It was already the best selling game. It doesnt matter if people return the game they already have your money

it's selling well, just not as well as expected

43% less than MKX is not selling well.

Attached: mk11 design.jpg (1178x629, 78K)

It doesn't really work lile that. They have sunk way more money into this than X, and investors expect constant growth. Sure, they game will get it's own back, but will likely disappoint corporate suits who expect mountains of gold with every AAA-release.

>It doesnt matter if people return the game they already have your money

They don't expect people to just buy their game, they expect people to keep paying for it.