Which ones should I play and which ones should I skip?

which ones should I play and which ones should I skip?

Attached: 800px-Castlevania_logo.png (800x282, 145K)

there are so few
you can play any of them
and in any order you see fit

IV and CSOTN

ignore what nostalgia cucks say, the 2D games are fucking boring.
Play lords of shadow 1 and 2 instead.

Play the first one on NES, IV,SoTN,Aria of Sorrow and Order of Ecclesia.

Shit games with artificial difficulty to justify a 20 minutes game.

Attached: 1507359440710.gif (483x360, 191K)

Symphony of the Night.
Everything else is either bad or superfluous.

PLAY RONDO OF BLOOD/DRACULA X
FUCK SOTN

also aria of sorrow and the ds games

Don't play the classics SNES and genesis
they are too hard and pointless

play SOTN

Ew.

SOTN
Super CV IV
Lords of Shadow 1
Netflix Series

HD

Attached: 54800278_1222133311283370_1066228246867083264_n.jpg (958x960, 37K)

on a side note, what's the best PS1 emulator?

The PS2 slim

This order:
>I
>II Simon's Redaction
>III (Akumajou Densetsu)
>IV
>Rondo of Blood
>SotN
>CotM
>HoD (only to say you've played it)
>AoS
>DoS
>PoR
>OoE

where is 64, Harmony of Despair and the 3 Lord of Shadow games tho

>(Akumajou Densetsu)
Wow this guy really knows his castlevania guys we've got a serious poster on our hands here

Retroarch is 100% based for an emulator, get it. You need either SCPH1001.bin or scph5501.bin for games to even work, but once you get them and the respective PS1 ISO, you're good.

I was told 64 was the shit version and should not be played. Harmony of Despair is for after you play everything else. No clue about Lords of Shadow.

Oh fuck, I forgot to include Lament of Innocence and Curse of Darkness to the list too, though they should be BEFORE Order of Ecclesia

1, 3, 4, Rondo of Blood, Bloodlines, Belmont's Revenge. Try Aria of Sorrow I guess. The 3D games are almost as bad as Sonic the Hedgehog's 3D tenure, you can ignore all of them and miss nothing besides some OK atmosphere in a single level of the N64 game.

Play 1, 3 (preferably the JP version), IV, Bloodlines, Rondo of Blood, Chronicles/X68000, SotN, Circle of the Moon, Harmony of Dissonance, Aria of Sorrow, Dawn of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin, Order of Ecclesia , and the Adventure Rebirth.

Belmont's Revenge is a solid GB title and Dracula X and Simon's Quest are worth a shot if you like the above games. 2D Castlevania is one of the most consistently good series out there.

What? It's known that Castlevania III Dracula's Curse (NES) was made unnecessarily harder with the western release than with the Japanese release. Also, they fucked up all the music in the process.

FUCK I FORGOT BLOODLINES TOO, THAT SHOULD COME BEFORE RONDO AND AFTER IV

>I was told
then play it you moron
it's awesome
AWE some

This is a pretty good list, but personally I'd add Bloodlines and Rebirth somewhere and maybe remove 2
Get Bettle PSX on Retroarch, it's the best and easier to set up than the standalone version

All of them but especially Order of Ecclesia

Anyone have the link to the Castlevania compilation?

SOMA
ALUCARD
DEMONIC MEGADOME

Skip all of them.

SotN is my favorite

>Classic Series
Super Castlevania IV is the best one to start, pretty much babby's first Castlevania, but still a very solid game. Rondo of Blood is a must play. 1 and 3 still hold up. Skip Simon's Quest.

>Metroidvania Series
SOTN is super easy, but still a lot of fun. Aria/Dawn of Sorrow are the must plays. Portrait of Ruin is good. Both Circle of the Moon and Harmony of Dissonance are average, but still enjoyable. Order of Ecclesia is not a bad game but not a Metroidvania.

>3D series
They are all varying degrees of "meh". Lament of Innocence has good exploration, but kinda janky. Curse of Darkness has good combat, but repetitive and has shit exploration. Lords of Shadow is just a GoW clone.

Play 1 since it's the first one.
3 for being the hardest one.
4 for being the fan favorite classic.
SOTN which marks the transition into metroidvanias.
Rondo as it's regarded the best classic

Skip 2 because of its failed experimental innovations in gameplay.
The gameboy ones cause they suck.
Haunted castle for its arcade shenanigans.
Lord of shadows because they are a travesty

Started playing through Chronicles today. What do y'all think about it?

emulate Dracula X Chronicles on PSP, thou can even unlock the SotN remake

Play literally all of them. Skip nothing.

But seriously, pick a subgenre or series and devour it if you like that specific flavour.
There's the classicvanias for really hard whip action.
The Metroidvanias.
The Lords of Shadow Sub series which was hit or miss.
And the 3D castlevanias which were often terrible but some could find joy out of.