Mass Effect 3 was released 7, SEVEN YEARS AGO

>Mass Effect 3 was released 7, SEVEN YEARS AGO

Feels like yesterday. Yea Forums was plastered with butthurt threads for MONTHS. The threads were so relentless I ended up giving MA3 a shot in the summer as my first MA game, knowing full well the ending, boy I'm glad I did that.

If you were younger than 14 and you played this then you're probably a screwed up zoomer now.

Attached: Mass Effect 3_stargazer.jpg (1600x900, 223K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oCZFx5Pt-Ng
shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=27792
deviantart.com/derecv2/art/WINTERY-43239974
youtube.com/watch?v=2MQ_DNklrFo
youtube.com/watch?v=XVAokir4knM
youtube.com/watch?v=bIzzCIQAm7Y
eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-19-ex-bioware-writer-discusses-dropped-ideas-for-mass-effect-trilogy-ending
youtube.com/watch?v=BYfPe01dwSs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm still mad. Fuck Casey Hudson, Fuck EA, Fuck Bioware, and fuck you.

Attached: 1554165034216.png (720x720, 759K)

FPBP

Attached: basedmadfag.png (880x699, 515K)

Attached: Bioware Presents.jpg (402x793, 114K)

I don't like to be reminded that I've been on this shithole for over a decade. Fuck you, OP.

Today I will remind them.

Attached: Mass Effect 3- Endings Side-by-side.webm (640x360, 2.33M)

This game is so bad it caused people to start filtering their hate backwards into ME2, a good game. That's how bad it is. It is hard to think of a sequel that so utterly devastated its series and shat the bed.

>tfw not mad anymore
Man, at the time I thought I'd be mad forever. But I'm good now. Thanks Obama.

>lol, nothing you did mattered, get fucked, but be sure to buy DLC.

Still unironically mad. BioWare going down in flames is very satisfying to watch.

I re,ember some old interaction where some guy was asking about colorblind setting for ME3, to which a BioFag replied "we'll look into it!"

Then the guy responded with "good, I was only getting one ending"

Attached: Cheers.png (225x225, 10K)

I'm still mad about it. I haven't bought an EA game since it happened. They'll never get another dime out of me for as long as I live.

Attached: 1473902443083.gif (260x320, 1.97M)

Attached: 1356063835351.png (531x500, 63K)

Based.

Which is worse ME3 or ME: Andromeda?

ME1 was comfy as fuck.

Attached: 1407745871388.png (1915x1059, 1.5M)

>child model is just a shrunken adult model

>The last words of ME3 was Downloadable Content

Andromeda

The only problem with ME3 was the ending, game itself was kino if you liked the first 2

ME3 had redeemable qualities. Namely the core gunplay, multiplayer and citadel DLC. ME: Andromeda only had the gameplay speaking for it and it was not that good.

3 burnt down one of the best SciFi settings we've had in games. Andromeda just tried to carry on with what shit it was left with.

FPBP

>The only problem with ME3 was the ending
Imagine being this retarded.

for me ME3 simply because its ending alone ruined the other 2 games for me, specially the first one, i can't play it anymore without being reminded of all that potential good shit wasted, fuck bioware and fuck EA

Attached: 1541435561470.png (947x700, 962K)

>multiplayer

EA shill

wasn't the original plans for the ending supposed to relate to the dark energy or whatever? I heard they scrapped it due to time and it being complicated

No, Me2 sucks and you didn't realize it until 3 made you think about it. It started the gears of War in space, the need for ammo...and a pointless plot. Me1 is the only decent game and it never got a sequel

The entirety of Rannoch and everything related to it says hello.

youtube.com/watch?v=oCZFx5Pt-Ng

The original plan you are referring to was a vague idea they had in ME1 years and one other game before getting to the end.
Don't put too much weight in that.

Don't (You) me. As if I haven't heard this argument 1000 times. 2 is a good game on its own terms.

Seems like it was longer than that somehow.

Please read this 100k+ word novel to understand exactly how wrong you are:
shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=27792

Attached: 6C08ED47-A52C-41F0-B83C-CE016540C354.jpg (1024x576, 91K)

I really don't care what anyone says but ME3 really wasn't THAT bad compared to the garbage these AAA studios are releasing right now.

Andromeda was just trash. Just powering it on you knew instantly this game was gonna suck. Most people who bought it probably didn't complete it.

So let's go back to ME3. The game was good enough to play through the entire game. It wasn't perfect, there were huge plot holes, really bad story telling, but overall it was still fun to go through the levels and kill people, the combat system worked pretty well and there were few complaints over this. The voice acting wasn't even bad for the most part anyway.

But a game that heavily relies on its lore, story telling, and character development really fucked up bad in 2, but especially in 3. It's even dumber than the series Lost and how that ended. But it ended so bad people still talk about how trash bioware is. This was solidified with Andromeda.

Attached: ma1.png (1884x1078, 1.78M)

Good, you open this message

Andromeda is worse.
ME3 has retarded writing, but can stand up on gameplay principles that made the multiplayer (aside from EA kikery) enjoyable.

Andromeda can't stand on writing or gameplay, it's fucking pure ass.

The kid in this picture is just the shephard from the cover of the first game shrunk down right?

I love ME2, but also acknowledge that it started the messy narrative that led to the ending of ME3. Real shame, that one.

yeah something like that.

>the leaked image of Tails face was so fucking lazy not a single person thought it was real before launch

Attached: 1434701577177.jpg (321x291, 23K)

If I remember correctly there is a weird sub-plot in ME2 involving a dark sun destroying itstelf, involving the geth and quarians, i thought that was going to be involved in ME3 but they dont mention it again

>Casey Hudson
How do you even remember that hacks name? How do you even care enough to remember?

ME1 title music kicks me in the feels every time

Attached: 1541637377576.png (728x913, 54K)

>that fucking photoshopped stock picture
What the hell happened with Bioware? That was supposed to be a series grand finale, yet they never have been more lazier with a game's quality.

And people are still making fun of the endings.

Attached: 1380933676023.jpg (640x2400, 382K)

I still can't believe how they used deviantart images and just photoshopped them. I literally remember seeing the original image way back in the day and thought it was one of the prettiest things ever.

It's not stock. They literally stole it.
deviantart.com/derecv2/art/WINTERY-43239974

>that fucking photoshopped stock picture
Don't forget the worst one

Attached: 1555859506881.jpg (680x479, 34K)

Outsourcing to 3rd party 3rd world studios, diversity hires, and considering what happened with Andromeda, I'm certain a massive amount of money laundering.

Attached: 2uxotkx.jpg (800x800, 106K)

ME3 was at least a decent game on its own and it had shit loads of fanservice. Andromeda was so bad that it pretty much buried the franchise forever

Still mad about that completely retarded sexbot that EDI possessed

Attached: 1464881121200.jpg (500x541, 53K)

It wouldn't surprise me that one of the over-educated higherups who got put in such a position thought that idea was too complicated, so they went with that abomination of an ending.

>money laundering
Possible, but it probably wasn't a lot. Games cost a fuckton of money

>tfw joker was such an incel he had to have sex with a robot

Mass Effect 3 was a great game and hating it is a literal meme.
>b-but the ending was bad!
The whole game is the ending, you fucking retard. You finally decide the fate of the Krogan and the Geth after two whole games of deliberation and help bring closure to every major character in the series along the way.

The final choice is a brilliant test of your IQ and whether you've been paying attention this whole time or just drooling your way through the dialogue. Are you a dumbfuck who chose to continue the cycle by trying to play God and control an uncontrollable technology? Are you an indoctrinated cuck who got sweet-talked into destroying organic life and giving the machines what they've wanted all along? Or did you actually use your brain, stay true to your values, and destroy the Reapers like you were meant to?

The entire game is about using past experiences to shape the future of the galaxy. And all the while, every single choice you made throughout the series affects characters, outcomes, missions, dialogues, and references in an infinite number of permutations unique to your specific playthrough.

An incredible game in an incredible series. Only brainlets disagree.

Attached: 93c.jpg (800x600, 379K)

>one of the over-educated higherups who got put in such a position
If by that you mean Mac Walters, sure.

Attached: vt4pFX6.png (288x467, 82K)

Why has no game been able to top ME1's credits song?
youtube.com/watch?v=2MQ_DNklrFo

So how long until Bioware's axed? studios were killed for less under EA's watch. Why keep Bioware alive?

Attached: 1465615410224.jpg (500x500, 111K)

savage

fun fact they added a do nothing option later, im not even kidding.

>have to kill best bro's waifu for the only logical ending

Attached: 1504921708440.png (295x229, 92K)

That made me laugh pretty hard.

>credits song put in because some guy on the dev team thought it was cool
peak 2000s AAA design honestly, what a great era that was

Or you can litterally do fucking nothing if you waited long enough for them to patch that it.
straight up is best ending.

I hate how they portrayed the synthesis ending as the "good ending" when it is morally grey.

this rejection ending is best ending.

So what non reaper stories would you have wanted in a new game?

>Some sort of c sec investigation
>Overthrowing that bitch Aria on Omega
>Krogan rebellions/Racni Wars

DA 4 is BioWare's final test

fuck you aria is waifu

Based Shamus Young-poster. Every ME fan unironically needs to read this.

Remember when Yea Forums edited a load of reaction images to look like this?

youtube.com/watch?v=bIzzCIQAm7Y

All those early 2010's reaction images kind of makes me feel nostalgic for back then.

While I agree her ass is out of this world, what else is there to that smug cunt?

Everyone complained about the ending, but the whole game was fucking garbage. Every single aspect of it. They improved combat only to have the most boring and generic missions possible and lame ass level design so they could recycle them later into the multiplayer. Everything done outside of the missions were completely worthless and a waste of time. And most amazingly, the writing, which BioWare for some reason prides themselves on, was absolutely retarded and nonsensical.

The ending was actually my favorite part because it meant I didn't have to subject myself to that shitty game anymore.

Attached: 1356881849927.jpg (640x474, 101K)

blue dominatrix

The absolute madman what a lad

Attached: 1556573939597.png (1904x643, 405K)

Reminder

Attached: 1470804034358.webm (622x338, 1.83M)

>Be Cerberus soldier
>See only hope of surviving space lobster genocide
>Try and kill them

Really fired my neurons

Based.

>Seven years and I'm still pissed off about that ending.
Jesus Christ, I can't let it go still...why? its supposed to be just a dumb videogame

Attached: 1553077039371.jpg (1603x2020, 1.71M)

That prothean squadmade was the ultimate fuck you to the lore imo. Never seen such fanfiction tier writing in a project this expensive and anticipated before/since.

I knew I forgot something

Attached: Every thread.jpg (900x993, 267K)

Javik is one of the most money-grubbing things EA has done. Jesus christ how can you justify locking away as DLC the sole surviving member of the mythical alien species that is the predecessor to current galactic civilization, critical to lore, in the last game of the trilogy?
I'm so glad I pirated ME3.

Attached: 1490482805506.jpg (1552x668, 441K)

Has a gaming community ever been betrayed this bad since, Yea Forums? I feel nothing ever topped Mass Effect since.

Attached: 1543708339814.jpg (1000x784, 278K)

>replace all lead writers
>and most of the other staff as well
ME 3 was not a ME game.

Wasn't he dlc too?

As someone who only played the first game and half of the second one (enjoyed the first one a lot) what is all the anger regarding the third one about? I wasn't here during all the anger when it all went down

Attached: yeet-yeet-34881885.png (500x446, 87K)

You're supposed to discuss actual videogames in Yea Forums, not fucking barely interactive movies.

ME3 had redeeming qualities that led you to get to the ending in the first place
Andromeda isn't even worth 1 hour of gameplay

7 years later people are still mad
i'm one of them

even other games still make fun of it

Attached: Steam_2019-05-02_11-05-20.jpg (2560x1440, 298K)

No way it was 7 years ago.

I'm still fucking mad.

Attached: 2.jpg (217x269, 22K)

ME3 and the last jedi were the biggest disappointments i ever felt regarding pop culture.
Nothing came close, because my ability to feel hype was near totally obliterated by ME, and years later TLJ finished the job.
Nowadays nothing's disappointing anymore. coz i have no expectations.

>Want to play through trilogy again
>All the DLC is like 200 bucks

FUCKING WHY EA

DESTROY ENDING BEST ENDING

I'm Commander Shepard, and I set out to stop the fucking Reapers. Get out of here with that cuck commie "share the galaxy" or "hurr control intelligence beyond your comprehension" bullshit

this is the promised game from when the media called ME1 a sex-simulator and "bad for kids"
can't wait for it

What kind of 3rd world ex-USSR state do you live in?
The Australian Origin storefront sells the DLC packs for ME2 and ME3 for #5 and $40, respectively.
>inb4 consolefag

I have avoided EA shit for years, however I would buy a remaster if it means including all the DLC, with improved graphics of course, and hopefully a better fucking ending...

The ME3 ending and it's consequences have definitely influenced quantum mechanics and the world today. It made the people here angrier and stay here longer, pushing them further right politically and irrevocably closer to the race war

>#5
$35
God damned keyboard. I can't wait until my new one arrives in the mail

This...feels like it could be in a future game

I'm amazed people actually trusted a smarmy toothy rat-eyed face like his. I wouldn't trust someone with that mug to watch my drink while I went to the WC, let alone write a perfect ending to a video game.

I don't get why the ending was so shit but the rest of the game's arcs were pretty good. Especially the Tuchanka arc and Mordin's death scene.

They had to change the entire main plotline/ending at the last minute because it was leaked, so instead of going with the original's story of antimatter in stars and the Reapers doing the best for life in general by keeping the the races from over-exploiting the galaxy by you know reaping them after sowing them, they went with the whole starchild shit that made no sense.

But controlling the Reapers would logically break the cycle, since they're not going to be recycling humans anymore, and human-synth conflicts would be resolved permanently, thus rendering their mission obsolete. Plus, you don't have to live with the genocide of countless innocent synths on your head, when the game already chews you out for throwing the Batarians and Krogans to the dogs.

>They had to change the entire main plotline/ending at the last minute because it was leaked
See, I don't get this. What kind of person sees that their project was leaked and goes "Well, years of hard work down the drain. Those ingrates don't deserve the original plot so I guess we should start on making plan B."?

No Reapers means no cycle.

Machines and sentient synths can be rebuilt.

Yeah, wasn't the entire plan of the reapers originally about letting the various alien races advance just enough to develop technology so that the Reapers could use it to try to halt the dying galaxy? The would have been a more interesting plot that was already established in the Tali mission at ME2, instead we get the whole "organic vs machines" that was really just a minor subplot replacing it.

Is that living?

The whole "mass effect" phenomenon which allowed FTL travel was causing the stars and space to die out by making more antimatter.
Main plot was more about energy crisis.

I'm Commander Shepard - destroying the Reapers is what I was made to do.

EDI and all the synths don't deserve to die - but the game features heavy binary choices (good/bad, left/right, kill/save). RED ending is Organic > Synth.

And I'm okay with that. It was my playthrough, after all.

I clearly remember the game's ending "getting leaked" with these concept art pictures of Tiger Blood's Dad being fused with Reaper shit and becoming a "big ol' boss fight".
But was there really any proof of that truly being an ending they scrapped "due to it being leaked" and instead getting what we got?
Or was it just the easiest thing to assume and it's not like we would ever get a clear cut answer anyway so "fuck it"?

Personally, to this day, the memory of that story some deviantart fag wrote for pic related being the Turian from the beginning of ME1 holds up in my mind over what we got.
What was his name again?

Attached: 1331719308727.png (1616x1016, 1.99M)

>What was his name again?
As if I would ever forget!

Attached: 1331722099421.png (1202x768, 472K)

Utterly based and 100% correct

Remember the indoctrination theory, and how people said they'll patch the real ending?
Now that I think about, it was very similar to MGSV, though not as long-lived.

Attached: leng.jpg (960x540, 94K)

Something related to that dark energy disrupting stars plot

You must be either a zoomer or stupid to make this statement

rude

>Or did you actually use your brain, stay true to your values, and destroy the Reapers like you were meant to?
Yes, it's why I also kill the brainlet quarians as well for being retarded enough to make the Geth before picking destroy.

>TFW never fell for the "b-but big star trek wrpg is good! unga bunga it much better than weebshit!" meme or played this stinker to begin with, let alone be mad about it

Attached: 1555589465107.png (500x562, 126K)

Never forget

Attached: 1551528220320.jpg (640x492, 241K)

Fuck Casey, fuck Mac Walters, fuck BioEA and fuck the OP for reminding me of this game

You missed out

My anger will never fade.

Attached: 1555692968722.png (1000x750, 755K)

His name was Marauder Shields

>memecenter
At least have the decency to crop that out.

Attached: 65e.jpg (466x386, 21K)

>the last jedi
As someone who's never played Me3 you've immediately made me question the legitimacy of every complaint it's ever gotten by comparing it to the ultimate incel boogeyman movie.

Never paid attention to it

Attached: 1551217360621.jpg (500x412, 36K)

Nah I played lots of other much better games that had proper endings. You "missed out" on not only other games but your own precious series getting a real ending.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Mass Effect 3. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Shepard's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance.

Attached: 1554910216042.png (575x833, 633K)

>There are people who actually played this series on ps3
Modern sony shit aside, ME2 came out waaay later on ps3, past it's it's initial release with a shitty "explanation/choicemaker" built in to act as if you played the first game.
Ironically, the best way to play them all was on the 360. PC wasn't bad either up until 3 being an Origin exclusive.
Sure seemed so much less of a big deal in retrospect compared to all this Epic Game shit now

Attached: 035.jpg (2000x1372, 383K)

the myth that this was the plan needs to die, it's been years now
>"Again it's very vague and not fleshed out, it was something we considered but we ended up going in a different direction."
>"I find it funny that fans end up hearing a couple things they like about it and in their minds they add in all the details they specifically want," he explained.
>"It's like vapourware - vapourware is always perfect, anytime someone talks about the new greatest game. It's perfect until it comes out. I'm a little weary about going into too much detail because, whatever we came up with, it probably wouldn't be what people want it to be."
eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-19-ex-bioware-writer-discusses-dropped-ideas-for-mass-effect-trilogy-ending

Fair enough.
Here's one with some fag's watermark I apparently had saved.

Attached: 52b.jpg (513x725, 64K)

It wasn’t just the damn ending, almost every planet was just a shitty horde mode, you landed, did a horde mode, maybe talked to some NPCs and left. This kept happening over and over. They turned an interesting RPG to some crappy shooting gallery. Disappointing as fuck.

Who was Leng again? Was he the cyborg ninja wannabe that killed Thane and who Troy Baker liked to pretend he never did the voice work for?

This. The focus on the ending was just a red herring to brush away all the other bullshit shortcomings the game had.

Andromeda. ME3 was pretty nice actually, only autists sperg about it

we all have our anger for different reasons, i was mad we couldnt fuck her

Correct

youtube.com/watch?v=BYfPe01dwSs

>this is what Bioware has become
I want to go back

Attached: 1547668720959.jpg (801x500, 90K)

A company that never in its lifetime made a game with more than passable GAMEPLAY now tasked to make a pure GAMEPLAY game.

I don't know what they were thinking.

fpbp. bioware is a fucking disgrace of a developer, fucking amateurs. I dont give a fuck how good you think KOTOR was from 18 years ago. I swear to christ 30 years from now and 10 shitty petty ripoff badly made video games people will still be saying how good KOTOR was 48 years ago and how bioware is a good developer.

fucking retards. kill yourselves all of you

ME1 and (arguably) ME2 were great, so why wouldn't ME3 be a great game? that's what made it so insulting when at the final 15 minutes it just pulls the rug out from under you.

he referred to himself as "pick a color casey" in one of his tweets if I recall

The only good Mass Effect game is the first one.

I'd like her more if her face wasn't so fucked up

Well?

Attached: Interrupts.jpg (1500x1127, 515K)

>The whole game is the ending
Well, it's a shit one.
Neck yourself, nigger. Can't believe I wasted time replying to your bait.

This is why I want EA to perish first in the grand shitshow that is 2019. I want epic to outlive them. Purely because I want whatever dregs capable of tracing their work back to Mass Effect 3 to be at last punished for it

Miranda. Ashley is dead on virmire. Cast aside by a hollow-eyed Butcher of torfen. Miranda bites her lip, ashamed and humiliated that genetic work expensive enough to rival my resurrection ended up with Shepard face-deep in her ass

I'm mad the series ended as soon as we got into real ancient alien shit

>The kotor series was killed with swtor
>MA series was killed with me3 and Andromeda

It hurts, it really does.

Attached: 1521111497765.png (676x505, 271K)

Your shit taste, your problem.

Don't worry, Disney is going to shit on KOTOR 1 & 2 even more with their new KOTOR tv-series.
>MA series was killed with me3 and Andromeda
It's Mass Effect or ME you absolute faggot, and nothing was lost anyway.

It's called a typo.

And what's this about a kotor TV series?

why didn't the collectors destroy the escape pods from the normandy?

Maybe they couldn't detect them? Or they were not a priority.

they could detect the normany which was a super stealth ship, im sure they would be able to detect life pods. And it is shown that the collectors want human samples, especially from the crew of the normandy

The pods are considerably smaller than the ship

>they already, famously, had a child model ready to use
>nah, just shrink a man, fuck it

Star child speaks in a child's voice up until you choose the reject ending, then switches to a booming evil voice. It really smacks of spite from the writers.