ITT: Vidya opinion red flags

ITT: Vidya opinion red flags
>its soulless

Attached: 1555530614106.jpg (1068x1200, 90K)

>it’s not fun

>spongebob reaction image.

>Yea Forums told me this, so I did the opposite

Attached: 1125698542342.jpg (1252x1252, 146K)

any opinion from Yea Forums is a red flag on its own

>game's marketing campaign refers to how the game plays as "gameplay"

Attached: 1550272580447.png (768x576, 582K)

>Why didn't you guys tell me x is good/bad?
Shifting blame is unattractive

Attached: 1545556583841.png (466x575, 390K)

>I watched a twitch stream of that

Attached: 75E4AFAA-B3B6-46A9-9D26-406896354D9E.png (503x408, 448K)

>"engaging" anywhere in promo material
I don't know why but only companies who try to load their game with grind / microtransactions do this

>Literally Impossible

Attached: 1555876409615.jpg (255x383, 50K)

>open world
>crafting
>"what the fans want"

Soul vs Soulless is a real critique, only spergs disagree

Attached: IMG_2414.jpg (973x2039, 234K)

>I watched a lets play
>in any context

soul
>this looks bad because the artstyle is different and clashes with the game's artstyle
soulless
>DUDE LE SOUL/SOULLESS LMAO GET REKT
see the problem?

Attached: 1454331341548.jpg (490x378, 30K)

>you have to be an autist to be good at it

Attached: Scrubs.jpg (584x213, 31K)

Honestly, the face is the ONLY good face to come out of anything post season 1 and MAYBE 2

The word SJW or Discord Tranny being unironically used

Attached: this.jpg (470x263, 28K)

soul vs soulless arguments.
only spergs use those because they can't express themselves

>Hasn't aged well

Attached: 1535058500053.jpg (200x289, 18K)

or literally any buzzword like incel, have sex, /pol/, literally any non-argument words

and no, filters never work. people get around it quickly

Attached: 1498706934683.jpg (400x438, 49K)

>The game gets better, what do you mean you don't want to play through 11/12ths of a shit game to get to that small fun part?
>The game is completely shit, I couldn't even get past the tutorial. Why are you guys having threads about it still?
Both these retards deserve to be gassed

Attached: just an anus.png (200x352, 164K)

>it respects my time

Attached: shish.jpg (707x682, 74K)

>It makes you FEEL like *insert mainstream popular character here*

Attached: 1421104562727.webm (1280x720, 416K)

>to get to that small fun part?
user, I...
there was no fun part. it was just stockholm syndrome

>going back to our roots
>more mature take on X
>mentioning the community/fans
>talking about the graphics
>E3 trailer

>brainlets ignore a mechanic in the game and think it's shit afterward

Attached: Fatty Tuna.png (973x898, 846K)

>it's fun with friends

Attached: 1554398300604.jpg (720x720, 79K)

Only time this applies well was MH and MMO games. early game is always shit and end-game is where the fun begins

The problem is that you don't know what soul vs soulless actually means.

>posts in unpopular opinions threads

>it’s bad because it’s popular.
>fighting games are brain dead, no skill.
>fighting games are too hard, you spend 500 hours in training mode and-
>why aren’t you playing x right now?

"it's fun" with no explanation of how or why

And people who use a wojak or a retarded frog as if they're legitimate points or authority. I love you already brother, buzzwords have no place in an actual critique.

Attached: scaredkrei.jpg (1920x1080, 192K)

>early game is always shit
not in WoW

I feel like every fucking term that has come from this website makes you look retarded when describing a videogame

>the level design is bad
>the story is bad
>the gameplay is bad
>the characters are bad
>etc.
Surface level shit like this says nothing and shows that the poster has no idea what they're actually talking about.

Attached: 1556658038383.jpg (540x960, 129K)

Where the fuck did all of these terrible "memes" even come from? Like holy shit. All of these aren't even funny, just overly spiteful

Attached: 1551917953298.jpg (1017x880, 219K)

The year 2016.

Attached: file.png (1930x526, 636K)

>its a good game its just not a good 'x' game
it's never a good 'x' game. its just a bad game
if it were a good 'x' game they'd just call it different

>it looks like a PS2 game

Attached: adw35.jpg (477x523, 44K)

In terms of wojaks and pepes, they're sometimes alright when its NOT associated with them like tuxedo and boomer/zoomer. When I see edits of those in other vidya characters, they're great. I'm just so fucking tired of wojaks and pepes in general.

Attached: 1494465147634.gif (390x293, 2.95M)

>MH
>early game is always shit and end-game is where the fun begins
Are you sure you didn't switch early and endgame around here?

Oh fuck

Attached: 1519233148280.jpg (400x371, 30K)

this guy gets it

Attached: 1549550605171.png (492x638, 28K)

>Anons keep making webms of fun shit
>That one user that skipped the tutorials and bitches about being unable to do cool shit

MMOs are the most common for it, but it still happens in a lot of games. At least with MMOs you can argue that it's stockholm syndrome like the first point, since some MMOs have truly abysmal earlygames

pic related
iirc it was made a year or two ago

Attached: comics then vs comics now.png (1200x1025, 214K)

They're all cancer, in their own special way. It just seems extra concentrated recently.

The stereotypes have existed since the early days of the internet, people just find new buzzwords to use.
Incels were called shyboys at some point, before that we called them faggots or losers

SJW is a mix, if you complained about the shit SJW have complained about in recent years you'd just get called a faggot or a pussy

I feel like the word faggot was all we needed

>1-2 years
user.....4 years ago

>The game is too woke

mother fucker I forgot it was 2019

Attached: cat heavy metal.jpg (960x960, 46K)

>"why aren't you playing her game?", or just trying to sell a game on waifus alone
>using dark souls as a difficulty dipstick
>it's too outdated
>trying to shitpost behind the veil of another ip to talk down another
>in most time, suggesting gatcha shit
And I guess in my own biased way, trying to say something about a niche title when you only go for things with the widest appeal. Though I usually go into overdrive to show why niche thing is fun.

Also anyone that actually outright shuts down liking rpgs as if it's word of law, when like fighting games some just aren't for everyone.
>grinding

Attached: 72c.jpg (500x375, 15K)

This one always gets me. People who say something "doesn't respect my time" are boomers that don't want to admit they've grown out of/don't want to get good at a certain genre. If it's a terribly grindy game with diminishing returns/lack of substance, just say so. You're the one disrespecting your own time by failing to recognize shitty games. Either that, or you're shifting the blame from your own shortcomings as a player.

Attached: 7f1.png (1281x957, 2.09M)

>he doesn't realize wojak/pepes outlived rage comics by double
welcome to hell

Attached: 1463666906847.gif (186x186, 2.99M)

>it's too outdated
fuck i hate "old" as an argument

I wonder what the next unending cancer will be

Attached: 1542041768293.jpg (640x360, 52K)

>using dark souls as a difficulty dipstick
It's weird since Dark Souls isn't as hard as people meme it to be

Attached: Boss Fighters.png (2872x1424, 131K)

Oh I'll be a whole lot worse, just like how Yea Forums keeps getting worse

>hehehehe it's the dark souls of _______
dark souls was never that good, it was just the first "hard" game to hit mainstream, especially since gaming was becoming a normalfag thing back then

Attached: depressed nook.png (658x569, 501K)

>tfw wojak feels is evolving into consuming all meme creation

How do we stop this? Memes used to be so diverse and divergent from one another.

Attached: 1506990246247.jpg (445x549, 20K)

>SJW
>Forced _______
>agenda

Attached: 1554845984506.jpg (392x576, 59K)

Some games really are outdated though. Why the hell would you play Final Fantasy I or Pokemon Blue when every aspect of their formulas were improved upon?

>JRPG opinion
>"it's grindy"

Isn't the point of a meme to be an overused joke deprived of all humor value?
Wouldn't that make it the best meme? Or template at least?

We don't. Memes aren't solely wojaks and pepes however; if anything it makes it easier to filter out normalfags. Christ, even some parts of reddit have good memes now since some people have unironically left this shithole for it

>How do we stop this?
Simple. We gotta seize the memes of production. Only by producing so many more memes that wojak gets weeded out through competition shall we be free.

Remember when that one thread fucking called them all out while using the best new meme possible

Attached: 1555033755343.png (797x1215, 1.85M)

>finally an actual good OC
>REDDIT! ITS FUCKING REDDIT! LALALALA ITS REDDIT GET OUT!
>*spams thousand varients of wojaks*

Attached: 1495663995491.jpg (600x600, 39K)

thinly veiled "provide template threads for zoomer shitposters" thread

I would say at least for games like ff1, you have a solid number of re-releases that at the very least takes some improvements in more modern takes. If you're going back to the nes version, expect some jank. I'd say that blue, give or take, even now still play alright. If that's one thing about the pokemon formula, there's some familiarity there.

I just think that being held up by a game being too old can stop people from enjoying classics that they very well may like. And I'd like to believe that unless you're talking atari/zx spectrum/or even msdos, it shouldn't be downright archaic.

define it, retard. right now, or you literally lost

Finally some people on this board with sense. The best thing we can do against wojak/pepe posters is to invert their lazy copypaste memes associated with worthless non-arguments into harmless OC shared between fans of certain games.

2012 will never be topped. Kornheisers & Expand Dong edits are the most versatile meme format.

Attached: 1537847147861.jpg (360x441, 25K)

soul: project that was created with passion
soulless: phoned in, everyone just wanted to be done and get their paycheck

The best part was using a risk of rain thread for that, since that game is the prime example of a game becoming well-known and having a bunch of people flood the community
>All that bitching about how unplayable ____ character is for literally every single character
>Everything about quickplay lobbies and early Yea Forums lobbies before the bandwagon left: Item theft, people whining about teleporters being started, people whining about Hard/Monsoon being the difficulty, etc.
Mercanary and Artificer were and still are great casual filters.

The way I see it reddit is basically Yea Forums lite, complete with a fuckton of boards. Some boards are complete cancer, while others are pretty alright. Usually it's the niche ones for specific games or genres that are good as far as vidya goes

Attached: ror commando enforcer.png (599x1000, 197K)

It ruined (insert literally any genre or sub genre)

>soulless
>it doesn't have to be fun
>who cares about replayability
>no multiplayer
>cares about metacritic or some obscure review site nobody gives a fuck about
>spouts buzzwords

Season 3 was the peak you uncultured pleb

>it's fun

Mercenary is always a blast, even if I can get btfo easy sometimes. And literally just don't be a mong and keep up communication. Hopefully an elder lemurian doesn't burn you to death before your message comes across.

I love you user. Have an oldie I kept.

Attached: 1453509762667.jpg (337x445, 45K)

defines soul vs soulless aesthetically, retard
not with motivation
how can you 'sniff that somethings soulless' like you, retard

Any time you make a soul/soulless comparison i will expect a 200 word paragraph explaining your reasoning

Attached: 1545155217877.jpg (720x720, 60K)

Yea Forums in 2012 in general was the best board. So much fucking OC it crippled the board with its weight

I remember starting to hate Yea Forums back then when the Ruseman meme was hot. Oh how wrong I was. I miss those.

Attached: contraian.png (459x156, 20K)

That's actually fair. For my part I would just recommend that people who didn't grow up with those games play stuff like FF V, VI, and IX, Pokemon Platinum and HG/SS, etc. Agree to disagree.

i dont understand the discord tranny thing, is it the new catch-all "thing i dont like" ?

a pretty good indicator that they haven't played very many video games. and for low iq

Found one

>It's generic.
Every single time. The mating call of people who hate things without knowing why.

Attached: 1556386338460.png (221x232, 142K)

>tranny seeks attention from easy to gain orbitters
>either goes to Yea Forums to post drama or Yea Forums related discords
it's basically this in a nutshell

>with friends
what a bullshit argument
at least saying the multiplayer is fun is a good argument. I remember the small cult that was the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer

Aesthetically? I suppose games with excessive detail, unrecognizable shapes and outlines, animations that benefit eye candy over gameplay and vfx bloat.
Maybe you could sniff things that are soulless if you yourself weren't.

Describing a video game in public already makes you look autistic.

That's also fair. Those are about as close as you can go to the past without completely leaving the comfort zone. Also thinking about it now, V is a weird choice since it never came stateside formally back then. But then again, 4 was 2, and 6 was 3. Nothing wrong with a bit of easing in. In the end, it really does just come down to the person.

its prominent after a kid killed himself due to a discord tranny back in /r9k/. Freaky stuff

good thing we have actual autists with experience like you to warn us

That’s good criticism of shitty movie CGI, though.

see iirc it's also something that originated on /vg/ since people hated discord cliques that would ruin generals with attention whoring and general shitposting

Which can't be inferred from aesthetics of a game, which is how it's wildly used on this board. If anything it's some sort of dog whistle to get people to think things that aren't true

Wasn’t the original comic with the Kinect the Xbone going “waggle to pet the tiger!” and the player was standing there waggling his arms looking all retarded?

too bad this is about video games

>"i'm mature because i don't care what other people think about me!!"
incoming signs of autism/nintendies

Attached: ratto.png (286x205, 115K)

>this fighting game is imbalanced, therefore its bad

>i liked it
You like shit.

>It's easy so it's bad
Why does that matter if it's enjoyable to play? "It's easier than the older games in the series" can be a reason to be disappointed but that's relative. You have people who will push back against people who call a game bad because it's "too hard" but the inverse is just as meaningless as a criticism.

Keep in mind I'm not saying that all games should be easy, just that games not designed to be particularly difficult are bad if the gameplay is still engaging.

Attached: 1530262813023.jpg (349x324, 75K)

that has nothing to do with vidya

The jank is what makes mvc2 a godsend in the arcades to begin with.
>people only use 9 characters
And that stops you from using all the other characters, how? Embrace the jank and experiment with combinations that can work. Or take those tryhard builds and sprinkle in an unknown variant that some people may not know how to deal with. Have fun, it's a game.

Look at basically any 3D game before the standardisation of 3D/twinstick controls, they're a nightmare to play.

A game being too hard is, theoretically, never a problem if failure feels rewarding enough to keep you going. This is why a well-designed game should never have to be easy to begin with.

it does when you have grown "men" playing their switch in public view on full volume

Name five games that aren't designed around this limitation.

Why would you not have headphones though? Even in a general sense, that's only common courtesy.

>tfw XBC2 completely and unironically did get better and better as it went on, completely changing my mind about that statement

Attached: 1556576826316.jpg (1447x2047, 1.41M)

We need to gas anyone that complains about character viability because they're a bored spectator.

ive yet to see that but ok.

>if i've never seen it it doesn't exist
ok
lack of self awareness mislabeled as maturity

Sure, but this doesn't logically disqualify easy games from being good. Developing better hand-eye coordination isn't so noble that it's categorically better than leisurely exploration.

If we wanted to argue that games should be primarily about developing our higher faculties, then stuff like Dwarf Fortress, Nethack, and Kerbal Space Program would automatically be in a higher tier.

Overwatch is a dead game

those are all very high iq games and are also good games
why shouldn't they be held at a higher standard?
yes dorf has a huge learning curve but when did high reward not result in high effort

ok retard

wasn't XBC2 good at 60 hours in, but it still had a good 60 or more hours of playtime?
I remember it needing a high initial time investment, but it had a good payoff timewise too

>Is X really good, or is it just a meme?

>Now that the dust has settled...

Attached: 1530935481527.png (1600x1300, 2.71M)

hola senoritard

Yeah, I think it's actually a good argument, but if we admit this, the games discourse changes completely. Fuck Zelda, Metroid, Final Fantasy, Mega Man, and all of that shit. When you grow up, you should play intellectual games. I don't actually believe this, but it would be an interesting opinion to propagate.

Monster Hunter World is an exception.

>something exists in a video game, as in not a mechanic or feature, just some kind of visual subject or concept
>that's not okay

Attached: 1545105740850.jpg (240x256, 20K)

One instance I find annoying is people in action game threads who discredit Devil May Cry because it's easier than other highly-regarded games. DMC outside of 2 has always had some level of challenge, but the focus was more on the Style mechanics to be the highest show of player skill. Being stylish (outside of some insane high-execution stuff that's technically possible) is easier than a truly hard-as-nails game because failure is just a lower rating rather than a block of progression, but there's nothing wrong with intrinsic motivation to improve over more concrete hurdles.

true chads would bring their Henkaku Vita

>Game has attractive females in it
>people like to post them
>GUHAAAAA FUCKING WAIFUFAGS RUINING GAMES WITH YOUR LOVE OF WIAFUS

Attached: 1522731677915.jpg (343x345, 11K)

>it's clunky
90% of the time this just means that the person sucks at the game

That's a fair argument, along with any other form of entertainment.

ok retard

I have no issue with this if they played the game but I don't scream about waifugags either.

Attached: Cum.png (342x388, 227K)

>"amazing OST"

this has to be the most fucking generic, repetitive and play-safe compliment when talking about any RPG games for fuck sake. It's like the equivalent of saying "so how's the weather" when trying to start a conversation with a co worker.

Attached: a09.png (680x708, 387K)

I can't think of any MH game besides 4/U having much of an endgame, and even that one had a bunch of problems (which should have been fixed instead of dropping the idea entirely you fucking idiots)

It gets obnoxious when people shove it everywhere and act like it's the "icing on the cake" when they wouldn't even know of whatever game's existence without them.

That's not an opinion. It's an empty statement to get a discussion going.
"Hay guise, I need help beating this boss." only gets you ridicule.
"Literally impossible." also gets you ridicule, but there is a high chance that someone reading it can't resist the urge to prove you wrong and prove himself better than you by explaining how he defeated whatever boss you failed against.

>it's comfy if you turn your brain off

Like what dude. Anime and jrpg fags use this as an excuse for why there game is shit all the time

Attached: 1556737095842.png (530x460, 213K)

Maybe I'm just a retard, but I don't understand whenever anyone calls a game "ugly" anymore

No game looks "ugly" anymore, because graphical fidelity has progressed to the point where games looking good shouldn't be praised but seen standard, to say nothing about art-styles and the like.

And the only way for one to look truly bad, is if they looked like one of those Brazilian Pixar Rip-off movies, like most of the shit on Steam.

Hell some games from the PS2/GC/XB era have aged really well in terms of graphics, even some PS1/N64 games have aged well too.

Attached: 1541127844860.png (800x828, 593K)

>fighting games are dying

Attached: Fightan Yotsuba.jpg (800x553, 111K)

I still look at 3 and 4 like they're brand new, and think they're great, but then remember 6 more than likely killed it completely

Attached: vSjrxt7.gif (500x384, 360K)

Liking penis is not gay unless you prefer it on a masculine body. Its just a fetish for dongs, usually vicariously since you can relate or imagine the feeling of it, or it being your own.
Its just better when a penis is on a girly body.

Attached: 1498326362284.webm (360x640, 905K)

Fighting games are bigger than ever, they're just lagging behind other "e-Sports" and that's not even a negative. The way fighting games and their tournaments work is not 100% compatible, which is good because unabashed e-Sports is just awful.

>every game in X series has always been shit!
>Why, user?
>because it's not fun
>why isn't it fun?
>*insert poorly thought out argument proving they never played the game or random insult to avoid the question*
Every single time

Attached: 1534273684900.gif (357x238, 2.2M)

>It's weird since Dark Souls isn't as hard as people meme it to be
What's weirder is faggots like you saying that, and then being unable to name a AAA game that is legitimately more difficult in this generation. Stop sperging out so much over people saying it was hard.

I'd probably say DMC5 is harder

I hate this exact meme with a passion too. Every single game now a days just gets immediately compared to Dark Souls or people feel the need to make everything as "difficult" as Dark Souls and it kills me.

Attached: Choose X.png (853x480, 485K)

>X game is shit!
>Why?
>Because i said so shill

Attached: 1553936172620.png (502x525, 369K)

Honestly graphically speaking Melee is perfect.

That's NOT the problem. The main problem is how the difficulty of Dark Souls is highly variable depending on builds, online activity and knowledge. You can "git gud" in any Souls game by reading the wiki before a boss. Now try that in games that live off actual reaction time.

>Twitch views are brought up to tell if a game is good or not

Attached: Bun with bat.png (512x512, 284K)

>Metacritic scores are law

Attached: 1545630067057.jpg (640x480, 37K)

Enjoy your threads being full of people that have never even booted the game, instead posting dogshit tier posts accompanied by their waifu of choice. I enjoy my anime girls just as much as the next guy, but secondaries and waifufags are cancer.

>Combat lacks weight.
Bonus points if it's followed by a speech about how awesome Dark Souls is.

alternatively
>insert poorly worded argument showing that they did play the game, but they were completely shit at it and either ignored tutorials or didn't git gud

>this FG has shit balance because not every single character can top 8 EVO or whatever supermajor.
Like, I get shitting on old game balance like 3s where characters like Chun, Yun and Ken legitimately did fill up 6-7 spots in top 8 for the game's entire lifespan but most modern [ie SFV onward] will have roughly 70% or more of a game's roster will be seen in top 8 at a national level tournament in a few months patches or not. Most 'imbalance' in modern fighting games come from having large enough rosters that you start to see redundancies. In a game where Akuma is solidly top tier why would I pick Ryu if I want to win?

mfw this got godhand

Attached: 1551876853353.jpg (592x576, 34K)

Soul versus soulless just has to do with how nostalgic it is to you.
If something new has "soul" it's because it reminds you of the era from when you were a child.
You're still a zoomer

>I fell for the x meme
No, you made an impulsive decision based on the Idea that if someone on the board liked it it couldn't possibly disappoint you. Also

>Found/Spotted the X in response to any backtalk

Attached: 1511478441408.jpg (800x715, 60K)

>Souls games are actually hard

Attached: souls.webm (1920x1080, 2.88M)

I'd argue that something being outdated may be a fair argument if you're really reaching back into the ether, like if you're going around playing old DOS games like the first few Wizardry titles, although I may be one of the few autists who likes to spend his time actually trying to get to grips with shit like that.

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong. Go back far enough, and you'll barely see pixels that today could even resemble a game. But I think growing up with dos games gave me some appreciation for sometimes going back and wiping the dust off of certain games.

Why, I also am a Lefist (Satanist) that corrupts anything! Board culture? FUCK THAT!

Lel

>the game is breakable therefore it isn't hard

Attached: 1525222453983.png (533x358, 442K)

>*Youtuber* Said...

Attached: 4kZ64.jpg (337x295, 13K)

There's a difference from shitters who shitpost anime girls without even knowing them, and people who just like them and want to post them in a thread mostly related to their franchise.

How do you police that? Shitpost every person who posts a specific character in a thread regardless if they may or may not be the same person?

Made worse by shitposters taking that to mean, any game with a female character that people find attractive is only liked because of that character and without them the game wouldn't be as popular or seen as shit.

I can't even bring up something like Nier Automata without some shitter chiming in and saying "it's an overrated piece of shit, just admit you only bought it for 2B's ass"

Attached: 1535533990789.png (319x272, 133K)

>I can't even bring up something like Nier Automata without some shitter chiming in and saying "it's an overrated piece of shit, just admit you only bought it for 2B's ass"
I mean, they aren't wrong.

>The metacritic score isn't even that bad
>"flop of the century! how will Xfags ever recover!? insert shitty wojak/pepe edit"

Attached: 1524358695197.jpg (1440x810, 190K)

>just admit you only bought it for 2B's ass
He has the right to make that assessment as he's very likely to be correct. The best part about Automata threads is that they are essentially containment zones of imagedumps and shitposting to the absolute worst posters online while the actual thread is a Drakengard thread.

Personally, I bought it because Toobs was coming to Soul Calibur.

>Look up how to beat section of game online
>All posts online are about how piss easy it is
>ask what has to be done
>"Haha stop being a faggot, I totally did it by cheesing the boss using this strategy everyone else used, why is this game so easy!?"
People who do this need to be shot

Attached: 1536610122329.gif (184x219, 305K)

>XChads being used unironically
>Gigachad images being used to boast about extremely petty preferences, unironically

Attached: 1555649046995.webm (704x396, 115K)

It doesn't have an actual definition.

>gives an hypothetical situation of an user doing a shitty thing
>an user responds and does said shitty thing anyway
This fucking board
And for the record user, I wasn't asking for your fucking opinion on taste, or anyone else's for that matter.

Attached: 1550541172105.png (1021x1201, 1.87M)

ME3 multiplayer was the only good part of that game and they ruined it in Andromeda.

>metacritic score below 90
>OFFICIAL LAUGH AT X FANBASE THREAD
>OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>X GAME/FANS BTFO

Attached: 1523921238640.jpg (960x960, 68K)

Like I said, how the fuck do you police that? It only serves to make talking about the game in a general sense that much harder.
Making generalizations isn't helping either.

shit like wojak and pepe is the way of the world now, it's what most people get and consume, so there is no stopping it. The best bet is to replace it with something better (worse)

I hate that picture so much

Attached: Not tired Link.png (1600x1600, 340K)

self-moderation
which hasn't worked in years and is one of the reasons why this board and site as a whole is just reddit without the upvotes at this point.

I really hate this

It's hard NOT to say someone didn't buy Nier just for 2B's ass when 99% of threads that mention Nier devolve into people dumping endless pics of 2B's ass in the first place.

fucking roll posters in Megaman threads.

>x hours of content!
Whenever I hear anyone tout about a game's play time I automatically assume it's bloated with filler.

It had been better if it didn't have that fucktarded Skinner Box loot system and locked the "extra" aliens classes behind said system.

And I've seen Nier threads still keep a decent discussion even with 2B being dumped, hell I've seen lewd posters be engaged with the discussion from time to time.
The way I see it, it's free bumps.

Attached: 1538888765636.jpg (1920x1080, 92K)

>the animations have WEIGHT
>it's comfy

>game is hard, so that means it's good
>game has a shitty thing in it is now a "casual filter"
I like a challenge too, but not every fucking game needs bust my balls with how hard it is
Nor should the basic features be a grind.

Speaking of difficulty, I have a massive pet peeve of people confusing difficulty and tedium. It really shouldn't be as common as it is but holy fuck there are so many brain dead idiots.

Early 3D is the ultimate pleb filter. Casuals who aren't used to early 3D and can't adjust to them think they're bad when it's really their own ability that prevents them from being enjoyed.

I remember some user trying the first 3 RE games for the first time a while ago and he said something like "I figured they'd be laughably unplayable but they're actually great". He was like 20 and never really played that generation of games but still found them enjoyable because he could adjust to them and because they're just factually well made games.

BoF3 and 4 look amazing. The sprite work and color pallet in 4 are some of my favorite in any game.

>contrarian i.e " you have a different opinion so your wrong Xd"
>grindy
>soul/soulless
>git gud i.e "if youre under an arbitrary skill level that only people who already like it would be at your opinion's invalid"

I know. 3 fits my tastes a bit better with how vibrant it was, but 4 definitely tried to step it up a notch. I'd kill for more console BoF

>someone brings up a video essay that explains why a game is bad
>video is full of contradictions and makes horrible points
>people act like it has solid arguments to it

I've seen so many goddamn awful videos about "why Genesis Sonic/Mania are bad games" and they're all full of contradictions and horrible fucking arguments that aren't true.

Shame that Red dit is more of a hug box than Yea Forums

The only video essays worth watching are the ones related to hauntings/superstitions/ayys l and the history behind them

Attached: 50BE12D2-C037-449D-85D7-E2538678F94E.jpg (712x611, 35K)

>morrowind is good
big flag that the person only cares about Yea Forums's opinion on him

Attached: 1542630313391.gif (354x360, 1.57M)

>I have to spend hours and hours grinding a perfect build to cheese one single boss and move on therefore the game is good and fun
>I can beat the game by grinding a ton and being overleveled so the game is bad/too easy when I could've not grinded and kept my level low but why should I have to do that?
>If you aren't playing on the hardest difficulty and abusing game mechanics/cheesing everything to win, you're not REALLY playing the game!
>Having a lower difficulty in a game is the biggest insult to me the devs could possibly make even though easy mode is optional and the game has a hard mode

Attached: please.png (302x187, 125K)

t. /x/fag

Attached: 1546909204938.png (378x396, 176K)

I don't mind game essays if they're well done, the problem is a lot of them start with their opinion and then search for things to support said opinion.

>opinion features “kino”
>_____ was kino
>kino kino kino kino kino kino kino

Attached: 26116AE8-5E3A-46C7-8B2F-EE1D977CF3B3.jpg (464x567, 27K)

>The lack of story makes the game feel dated

Attached: bad dab.png (544x800, 973K)

>an incredible and deep story you can lose yourself in
>its so cinematic, its like a movie that you can play
>interesting characters that you can build relationships and bonds with over the course of the game
>literally NOTHING praised about how it plays or even a description of game play

Attached: 1517729963690.png (620x1042, 162K)

>steamcuck

Imagine thinking this way.

Attached: ASS.png (555x543, 79K)

the 2012 ones were the best... i miss them so much

>Game has cutscenes
>retards scream about "movie games"

Attached: 1521940747392.png (960x540, 436K)

Somebody called inFamous a movie game on here the other day. Memes infect your brain.

You know I’m right.
Yup. Opinionated essays suck dick

Just a retard looking for kicks

Seems to be a lot of those running around here

This can actually be true though, like the YIIK threads had an unironic twitter link to some guy complaining about the game and asking for money for his gender reassignment surgery.

>black woman with afro

Attached: 1556110629772.jpg (1024x768, 44K)

I like both designs

>they say anything about pepe or wojak posters
immediately you know their opinion is contrarian garbage and even the smallest things get their panties in a bunch.

>Street Fighter 3 Third Strike is the best Fighting game ever

Attached: 1508002950210.jpg (778x418, 98K)

I wouldn't

>*parrots e-celeb opinion*
>really? i heard it was bad

this one I agree with. Some games are good for there time but then the genre surpasses them. Goldeneye is a great example

kino

If I have a choice, make my character a black woman with an afro or an asian dude with a pompadour

Attached: WITE BOY.jpg (258x326, 10K)