So guys, how do I get into the DMC series?

I recently finished dmc5 and loved it and I want to play all the games. Should I do 1>2>3>4? Also, what's the correct way of playing 1 and 2 on PC?

Attached: 6be8040701a30a4a34b6aa9039f13bb1.jpg (700x1398, 89K)

should I download the HD Collection?

if you loved the combat of DMC5 you arent going to have that good of a time with 1 because its fairly simpler and more of a action oriented resident evil game but its still worth one playthrough

DMC2 just flat out sucks, dont even fucking bother

DMC3 is amazing, only topped by 5

DMC4 is okay, had some alright ideas with an overall meh story and a pretty good combat system similar to 5's but half of the game is replaying nero's levels as Dante with enemies that weren't even made for him

play 1/3 on the HD collection, nostalgiatards will tell you that it sucks and it removes 'important effects' but i never noticed a difference

Attached: blood.jpg (495x455, 39K)

You can skip two if you want or play as much as you can tolerate.

>if you loved the combat of DMC5 you arent going to have that good of a time with 1 because its fairly simpler and more of a action oriented resident evil game but its still worth one playthrough
Shut the fuck up about games you haven't played, faggot poser. DMC1 is not a "more of a action oriented RE game" at all.
>play 1/3 on the HD collection, nostalgiatards will tell you that it sucks and it removes 'important effects' but i never noticed a difference
No one actually cares about this

Attached: disgust.jpg (570x320, 73K)

Start with 1 because its fun and has the best atmosphere and level design in the series. It's the game that started it all you got to play it to show your respect to the genre.

I personally haven't made time to play 2 yet myself so I won't talk about it.

Next is 3 and I shouldn't have to explain why you need to play this one.

4 is my least favorite out of all of them but its special edition has alot of different characters to play as which is fun.

Play 5 again after all of these and you will appreciate it way more. There are things about 5 that you miss out on if you haven't played the previous games.

I recommend emulating 1 and 3 on the pc because the HD collection has bugs and I personally believe its kinda crappy.

a. ive played and finished it
b. thats probably the best way to describe it since it originally started off as Resident Evil 4

Attached: file.png (1365x767, 655K)

>imagine Trish getting pinned against a gray wall, that's the same color of her fucking boring bitch-ass character who imperonates moms becuase she's literally an unholy wretch with no dignity whatsoever, while at the same time the demon-whore who suckled Mundus' big red tri-balls and had so much piss-stained demon cum splurged all over her hair, it got dyed blond, is being fisted with pizza up her matrix-2000 black fetish pants ripped apart, so hard the term yeast infection gets a new meaning, and with her last whoreish, skanky, breaths she coughs up the crusty, hell-cum out her ps2-octagon mouth, leaving her dark soul unfilled, yet her ass stuffed to the brim

Attached: dante embarrassing.jpg (294x294, 19K)

It's amazing that we're still getting daily DMC thread even though it's been over a month since DMC5 came out

1>3>4
don't bother with 2 it's just a terrible game and there is nothing important in the story

This.

Attached: DMC guide 2019 edition.png (1768x2512, 206K)

DMC5 isn't a single game.

There have been daily DMC threads for like two years, they're usually filled with regurgitated shit memes, or someone inevitably bringing up DmC and derailing the entire thread
This board put a stain on the franchise for me and it was one of my favorites growing up

Attached: thanks.jpg (600x598, 52K)

Play in release order with the HD collection

Attached: 1555370618891.jpg (1024x713, 65K)

>important effects' but i never noticed a difference
I mean there's a few big ones I will list.
>Griffons chest doesn't open in HD collection making him take longer to kill since his weakpoint is never visible
>Kalina Ann in DMC 3 is slightly broken. The grapple hook move no longer pulls enemies in in the HD version
Those are the biggest issues I can think of. Aside from the motion blur in those "Important effects" that you had mentioned. Yeah those aren't much of a big deal at all.

Die faggot.

this, DMC threads are a good defense for why /vg/ was made
every time you criticise the innate circlejerkiness you just get whataboutism about the absolute incompetence of mods not deleting other shit threads, which is also an issue

>>Kalina Ann in DMC 3 is slightly broken. The grapple hook move no longer pulls enemies in in the HD version
wasnt this only for the PS3 version though? i just tried it on PC and it worked just fine. i dunno about the griffon thing though cuz i havent played 1 in so long

>wasnt this only for the PS3 version though?
Quite possible as that's the version I own.

don't play it chronologically, there's no point

if you just want the good games play 1, 3, 4

if you're allergic to old shit play 3, 4

if you're an autist who wants to see how the series evolved then play 1, 2, 3, 4, DmC

1/3/4 are fantastic and worth playing although 1 is skippable if you have shit taste and fixed camera makes you vomit. 2 is nothing, it's not exactly a chore to play through, but it's braindead boring and there's very little of value. DmC is easy, the plot/characters/lore is total shit, and doesn't feel much like DMC, but it's still a decent action game with some cool environment design.

>people need this much fucking help for a series with 5 games

ye I'll probably do 1>3>4>2>5, I want to play 2 as well but I won't be able to wait to finish 2 before playing 3. Can't wait to replay 5 after I finish every other game, I'm sure its gonna be a much different and better experience.

I mean, I just want to play them in the optimal way in order to enjoy the series the best I can, and I was mostly curious about the HD collection vs emulating thing desu

no, but the DMC game before that came out over 10 years ago

STOP DEFENDING 1 IT IS SUCH A SHITTY FUCKING GAME, THE ONLY DEFENSE RETARDS EVER HAVE FOR IT IS "MUH CONTEXT! YOU HAVE TO CONSIDER WHEN IT WAS RELEASED!!!"

you should play 1>read a summary of 2>3>4

but honestly you should have played them before playing 5 so you could have appreciated the series more. Especially because aside from 3 the rest of the series is mediocre or just flat out bad.

Playing 1 feels like shit in 2019, camera is shit and controls are shit. The swimming segments are also shit. If it wasn't for the aesthetics of the game i'd honestly tell you to skip it. You can definitely have fun with it but it's the most dated game in the series

2 feels like 1 at the start but it just devolves and declines in quality the more you play it, SKIP IT.

3 is the best in the series after 5, the story is cool and overall the gameplay is good. It is showing its age and the camera is still hot garbage but you'll definitely have fun playing it.

4, 4 is just boring and unfinished. You literally have to backtrack through all the stages in the second half of the game. It's not a terrible game and it controls the best aside from 5 but it's just boring. Play it but don't feel bad if you don't like it or can't be bothered to finish it.

anyways i recommend you buy the games during a sale