Halo 4 and Halo 5

I liked them.

Attached: halo 4 and halo 5.jpg (2300x1500, 677K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=leJbzjoZLZ0
youtube.com/watch?v=RdXQOOiMSYk
trustedreviews.com/news/halo-franchise-sales-hit-65-million-units-2925202
vgsales.fandom.com/wiki/Halo
halopedia.org/Unggoy
thesixthaxis.com/2012/06/27/new-halo-4-details-leaked-by-retail-training-quiz/
windowscentral.com/best-selling-xbox-360-games-all-time
whatculture.com/gaming/10-best-selling-xbox-360-games-ever?page=3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Liking shit to be different isn't a personality trait, you're still a loser

5>everything else, suck my fucking cock bungie trannies

Keep sucking 343's cock, faggot.

Cool. No one else did.

I'm not trying to "be different". I just like them, I think they're good games.

Based.

Keep sucking Bungie's cock, faggot.

Well, you're wrong. Picture related.

Attached: halo 4 and halo 5 reviews.jpg (1684x2100, 450K)

The covies design were fucking shit, the new characters were shalow and 4 ended with a QTE

It's so shit 343 has to reboot with Infinity. Let that sink in

Me too

I hated fighting promethean knights in 4 and i still get pissed when they teleport.

Attached: objective truth.jpg (1370x816, 431K)

Good post man.

They could be annoying but I liked the challenge. It was good to see a new type of enemy I think. It added more variety to the sandbox.

Attached: Kenneth Scott 2.png (1149x582, 933K)

But Halo 4/5 ones are easier to headshot

Lmao is this the father of 343 elites?

Attached: Doom-3-Hell-Knight-doom-3-23453001-1024-768.jpg (1024x768, 100K)

Prometheans have the opposite effect on the weapon sandbox: when you start fighting them in any given level, you're inevitably stuck using the Light Rifle and whatever power weapon you happen to be carrying.

Because booger grunts used to jump around and waddle, 343 grunts just walk like humans.
343 design is so boring its unreal.

Same artist

Attached: Kenneth Scott 3.png (582x789, 396K)

dis nigga got sleeves

you are actually braindead if you think ign reviews are real... no wonder you like 4 and 5, stupid fuck

>Implying Infinity has a chance to be good

Attached: 1554422244616.jpg (500x666, 130K)

bet this roastie thought master chief was a girl and called "halo"

I didn't even realize they made Halo 5. Did they ever make a 6?

Agreed, I wouldn't have much of an issue with them if they didn't have that random ass teleportation.

More of a chance than anything Sony shits out, so when are you committing suicide? If you don't help push that 40% number higher for you.

Halo 4 was a good game, but a mediocre Halo game at best, a bad one at worst. Halo 5 was the best Halo technically speaking ever. The MP is the best it's ever been unless you've really got a problem with the abilities. The SP in both is absolute trash though. 343i can't write their way out of a damp paper bag.

I heard they canned the writers from 4/5 and also changed the art direction for Infinite. Hopefully Halo can be saved from the brink.

Attached: 1355806389032.jpg (1024x904, 550K)

I didn't.

>Snoy trannies.
We are talking about Halo retard

Stop bringing your worthless near death tranny ass to Halo threads if you don't want to get called out, you know in America we're murdering you guys more and more here, we're getting really tired of you, you need to do yourself a favor and shut up, get off the internet and go back into hiding before your tranny race goes completely extinct.

I hated them never payee the sp and the mp was beyond bad.
Played 4 on mcc xbone and 5 forge on pc
Fuck those games eldorwito and 1ce and 2 are legit better.
Can't wait for Halo 3 mp and reach sp (never finished it)

I enjoyed 4's SP, and I love 5's MP.
If 343 can make a great campaign, Infinite can easily be among the best games in the series

Agreed

>Being this obsessed with trannies
You are in egg mode sweetie. You have to admit it to yourself

>me and my friend play all the Bungie Halos co-op
>Have fun
>Play Halo 4 co-op
>Didn't have fun

In ax mode ready to speed of the process of people dethroning your asses in 2020.

Egg mode?

there will be no need for those games when this comes back
I don't like the idea of having to pay for firefight though

Attached: halo-reach-cover-i8943.jpg (480x720, 65K)

Cant belive we are ao thristy for a new halo game that are people defending 4 and 5, it is proven that reach, 4 and 5 made the franchise fall in obscurity and lowered the sales
OH NO NO NO

Attached: 1554524897139.png (512x512, 136K)

While true, not OP but I still liked Halo 4 and 5 better than Reach.

This should not interest you unless like user above you care about the too much

4 is worse in every way, at least 5 you could say had a more balanced multiplayer
did you like fucking killstreak drops like cawadooty?

I've just honestly never heard that phrase before. Since I do not care however, I will take your word for it, and leave it be

The truth is 343 doesnt know what a Halo game is, they dont have the knowledge, criativity and will to improve what made halo great, they prefer copying shit mechanics,adding boring characters, shittt alien and guns design and making a repugnant story focusing on Cortana and Chief feelings

4 had a better campaign and faster movement, that automatically makes it better than Reach, I rather Reach be non-canon.

I am legit hype for infinite and finally getting modded official halo and not just eldawrito
Oh shit I thought they looked familiar as fuck

I personally and vehemently disagree 4's campaign is better than Reach

You can keep disagreeing, Reach was shit.

Technically speaking 343i are pretty great. The mechanics they added in 5 are still up for debate imo. I like them, I feel like it's a natural progression of Halo otherwise it'll go the way of arena shooters (dead). You have to have something to compete in this day and age. If Spartans literally have no modern movement mechanics it makes them look lazy and incompetent to normies. There's just no getting around it.

The writers are fucking terrible though. But hopefully they're fixing that.

Attached: 1443473476553.jpg (2560x1440, 509K)

kys

Attached: 14496568223.png (179x176, 27K)

Why? I'm genuinely curious

This

My biggest problems were always the writing, artstyle, and level design. So hopefully infinate will fix 2 of those things

Because Reach has some of the worst levels in the series, the gameplay is borderline ass, the campaign is boring and uninteresting while just not being good, in general, the characters are walking cliches that just die off so you don't give a shit, the story is retarded and does fit with Halo 1-3 or the lore, game really doesn't have that epic feel, art style is trash.
Bungie clearly didn't put their all into Reach and you could tell Marty and Joe had nothing to do with that campaign. The campaign is a personification of Marcus Lehto's personality, a bitter faggot that hated Marty and Joe's stories along with the lore and wanted to shove it all out with his garbage game, Marcus should have stayed the art director instead of becoming the Project Lead. I would fear Halo 4 if he was in charge of it, glad his indie game failed, fucking faggot.

That's interesting as that's almost word for word how I feel about Halo 4. I guess it's just a matter of taste I suppose.

Most likely

*does not fit

My biggest gripe with Reach was the need to directly tie it in to the rest of the Halos. It should have been left as a 100% independent story.

me too but i liked every other halo as well.

Attached: 1535219359302.jpg (640x640, 53K)

Agreed, when Frankie was writing it, he didn't connect with the rest of the games, when Frankie left for 343, Marcus went full on autistic and rewrote the game to forcibly tie it with the rest of the Halo games, he is such and idiot.

Based

Attached: ac616ba58d23bc06ecd5deeef1a9072a.png (420x420, 386K)

>OLD GOOD, NEW BAD!
Wow what a convincing argument. I'm sold. Just kidding, you're a moron.

I haven't played Halo 4 in a while but I remember enjoying the challenge of fighting them, personally.

Wow you're right, they must be a mirage instead. Thanks for correcting me, Einstein.

The next one is Halo Infinite. It is basically Halo 6 but they're giving it a different name.

I haven't played through Halo 5's campaign yet but Halo 4's was good in my view. Maybe a bit too schmaltzy on the Chief/Cortana thing, but then again so was Halo 3. I thought the story overall was perfectly serviceable. I mean we couldn't just fight the Covenant again, could we? Unless there was a compelling reason to do so, other than "they want to activate the Halo rings again". So I think having a rogue Forerunner as an enemy is a logical choice for a new game.

>Halo 5 was the best Halo technically speaking ever. The MP is the best it's ever been unless you've really got a problem with the abilities.
I really should get an Xbox One so I can play it. I've played a bit of the campaign but that's it. Also I watched the Halo Championship Series, featuring 5's multiplayer, and it does look pretty cool.

I liked 4's multiplayer though, I played a fair bit of it. I thought it was awesome.

basado

Attached: 1554016398954.jpg (637x358, 76K)

this is the most pleb opinion of all time, Reach was campaign kino

>OLD GOOD, NEW BAD!
first sign that the poster is a complete retard, i passed on the rest of your post.
TLDR.

My biggest problems with 4's story were just the entire framing of the story.
>why are the covenant evil again?
>shit idk
It added a bunch of lore stuff I felt clashed with the originals.
>humans were actually epic and at war with the forerunners!
And all the new characters they added were completely useless

Reach campaign was shit.

I've only played a small bit of 5 because I don't have an Xbox One, but it does look good. But I will say about 4 - I liked the multiplayer personally. I know some people seem to dislike it but I thought it was awesome. The maps were awesome. The guns were awesome (the SAW and the Sticky Detonator are two great additions). The Mantis was a great addition. I thought it was a great multiplayer.

Do you not have a 360 to play it? Also if you're interested, the Xbox 360 emulator Xenia is coming along. Reach's campaign isn't playable apparently, but Firefight seems to be.

youtube.com/watch?v=leJbzjoZLZ0
youtube.com/watch?v=RdXQOOiMSYk

Halo 4 sold basically the same amount of copies as Halo Reach. With Halo 5, you need to bear in mind that the Xbox One has sold less than half as many units as the Xbox 360. So with Halo 5 doing over half as many sales as Halo 4 and Reach, it might have actually done better those games in a "sales per console" perspective.

Ordinance drops were objectively great. And let's remember Halo CE copied extensively from FPS games that game before it too, perhaps GoldenEye most of all - the first successful console FPS to have an atmospheric, story-driven campaign, and to pioneer 4-way split-screen (both elements copied by Halo). As Steve Jobs once said, "good artists copy, great artists steal". Ultimately it doesn't matter if your feature was in another game; what matters is if the feature is a good one in your game. And I thought it was great in Halo 4.

Halo 4 sold more than Reach, Reach only sold 7 million, seriously, stop talking about sales if you're going to keep getting it wrong.

>making a repugnant story focusing on Cortana and Chief feelings
You mean exactly like Bungie did?

Also the rest of your post is basically:
>WAHHH OLD THING GOOD, NEW THING BAD
Which I find thoroughly unconvincing. I think the new games are good, personally. The fundamental gameplay of Halo is intact, but it has been improved upon and innovated. If you love Halo CE or Halo 2 or Halo 3 so much then go and play those games, they still exist. Personally I'd have been pretty annoyed if Halo 4 and 5 had just been rehashes of the games before them. Innovation is the only way to keep a game series relevant - that's true of Mario, it's true of Zelda, it's true of GTA, it's true of any successful, long-running game series.

Attached: chief and cortana halo 3.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

Also, you're wrong about Halo 5 too, Reach is the worst selling FPS Halo game, not including ODST because it's an expansion pack.

You're dumb

OP here, I agree. I like all of them. Haven't played ODST though, I probably should.

Chill out Frankie. Reach & 4 were a few 100k short of 10mil and 5 sold 5~ million.

Attached: 1554325915909.jpg (626x1000, 226K)

Different user, I disagree the fundamental gameplay is intact as my takeaways from my halo 4 playthrough were:
The guns aren't fun to shoot
And enemies aren't fun to shoot at
Fighting prometheans is a slog.

No, Halo Reach wasn't, it was only at 7 million, stop using VGChartz as a source.

>quoting steve jobs
Maaaaaaan. I don't know bout that

>Haven't played ODST
nigga what are you doing with your life?? go play it rite now!

Ok you're probably right. That's still more sales than 5.

>first sign that the poster is a complete retard
You're right it is - that's why I'm telling him he's a moron for having an "argument" that can be summarised as "OLD GOOD, NEW BAD!"

Attached: brainlet.jpg (558x614, 18K)

5 made more off req packs, specially the event and hcs bundles

>OLD GOOD NEW BAD
Hes right, the old designs are good, the new ones are bad.

there was a little good in 4 but 5 was pure shit
4 was ruined by bulletsponge enemies and that shitty palmer commander

Not just her, Captain INeedToMoveThePlot and lieutenant Lad were completely worthless too

Reach sold 9.52 million according to this source: trustedreviews.com/news/halo-franchise-sales-hit-65-million-units-2925202
Or 9.87 million according to this source: vgsales.fandom.com/wiki/Halo

4 sold 8.94 million, or 9.74 million, according to those two sources respectively.

If you have another source though then by all means share it. It's entirely possible those two sources are wrong since they don't have any reference to a primary source; i.e., official statements from Microsoft.

See sources here - - from what I have seen, Reach and 4 were both just under 10 million, while 5 was about 5 million, just like the guy who replied to you said.

5 sold more than Reach too.

I thought the guns in 4 were awesome, apart from the storm rifle which I'm not a big fan of. But other than that, I liked them. I thought the new art design and sound design were both good, and I liked new guns like the SAW and sticky detonator.

And I thought the Prometheans were a good challenge, personally.

Shut the fuck up and stop using VGChartz. You're like the faggots that claim Other M sold over a million copies.

Attached: HaloSales.jpg (640x481, 132K)

I don't agree. The new ones look pretty cool in my opinion. I think it's good that they brought Halo up to date; if they had just kept everything exactly the same it would have been shit. Bungie changed the character designs with each game. Remember how they radically changed the design of the Brutes, first from 2 to 3, and then from 3 to Reach?

Embarrassing.

One of those links didn't get its data from VGChartz, but of course you're so stupid that you're incapable of reading.

>posts some random image with no source whatsoever
Man you're dumb.

Attached: brainlet2.jpg (645x729, 57K)

The fact they offered no visible feedback when you shot them really just threw me off. Plus I'm retarded and could never tell them apart (excluding like the dogs from the men). As far as the guns, I can't really quantify it so disregard it if you want, they really all just felt so weak to me. I didn't feel like I was holding a gun. The new guns as concepts however, I agree was cool. The Saw and sticky bomb were worthwhile additions, but the whole gunplay just felt off to me. As far as the art goes, I really straight didn't like it. I was triggered when I saw chiefs new look in 4 and I'll be triggered by it till the day I die.

The two retards in the thread, I'm going to make things very clear you both. I'm this guy here , IF THE SOURCE DOES NOT COME FROM MICROSOFT/343 THEMSELVES, THEN THOSE SALES NUMBERS DON'T MEAN SHIT!

Yeah, it got it from Frankie in 2016.
>in 2016

youre the moron for seeing it as old v bad though automatically, how ironic.

The day I judge a game by how much it sells is the day I die.

Attached: oh-my-god-who-the-hell-cares-14030273.png (500x347, 92K)

The old grunts are like any original design before theyre Hollywood'd like the new Sonic movie.
Do you also think theyre better because they got more polygons and realistic strands of hairs sticking out?
343 throws out any resemble of a style to create a "realistic" humanoid goblins that are identical to at least 10 other generic video game monsters.

Thank you, the guys that started bringing up sales shut the fuck up.

It's just a personal thing really. I really just don't like them. I don't find them aesthetically pleasing as it were. I'm sure theres some bullshit video essay that gives reasons the old are superior but, who cares.

>they're new and different , therefore good
they don't even look like the're the same species anymore lmao

Attached: 4040860527_2da5eeec97_o.jpg (850x537, 153K)

It's exactly what it is mate. He hasn't offered any sort of reasoning for why one design is good and the other is bad, apart from him saying that the new design has features that resembles humans, and that this is somehow a bad thing? Why is it bad if there are visible muscles? All living organisms that we're aware of, that are bigger than bugs and shit, have muscles, don't they? So yes, he has provided no proper reasoning whatsoever for why one design is apparently "good" and the other is apparently "bad". This is why I said his "argument" is simply him saying "OLD GOOD, NEW BAD!", because that's exactly what it is. I'm sorry you're too much of a moron to get this.

How about you show a genuine Microsoft / 343 source for your image then? Maybe there is one, but you haven't provided it.

I didn't bring up the sales and I was only responding because the sales he mentioned are different from what I've seen. And I'm not judging the games by their sales at all. Maybe you should actually read the posts that you're replying to before replying to them, so you don't look like an idiot.

Bungie revised the designs of Covenant in every single one of their games, including Grunts. Brutes perhaps got the most significant changes of course - they changed dramatically from 2 to 3, and again from 3 to Reach. But Grunts changed in every game as well; you can see all the different forms of Grunt from each game here: halopedia.org/Unggoy

>realism is bad!
Not in my view, but whatever. Also Bungie themselves created new models, and even art styles, in greater levels of graphical fidelity as hardware got more powerful. So why shouldn't 343?

>humanoid goblins that are identical to at least 10 other generic video game monsters
Well I've never seen anything resembling 343 grunts in any other video game. Why don't you give an example since you're so sure?

>the old are superior
But they're not. They're objectively inferior. They're less detailed; they look almost cartoonish. The new ones are more detailed AND more realistic looking. This isn't to mean I disliked the old ones at the time, or that I dislike them now. But when you compare them to the graphical fidelity of the new ones, it's no contest.

>they're new and different, therefore good
That's not at all what I'm saying, smoothbrain. They're good because they look better, it's as simple as that. The graphical fidelity, the level of detail, far surpass those of the original models.

>they don't even look like the're the same species anymore
Neither did 3's Brutes compared to 2's Brutes, and yet your circlejerking Reddit friends will never mention that, because then they'd have to take off the rose-tinted glasses and realise that, actually, something isn't better just because you grew up with it.

I will never understand why they ruined Elites’ designs with this gay ass sleeveless bullshit

>How about you show a genuine Microsoft / 343 source for your image then? Maybe there is one, but you haven't provided it.
I already did right here , this is directly from Microsoft/343. Now shut the fuck about sales.

>I didn't bring up the sales
You did
>Halo 4 sold basically the same amount of copies as Halo Reach. With Halo 5, you need to bear in mind that the Xbox One has sold less than half as many units as the Xbox 360. So with Halo 5 doing over half as many sales as Halo 4 and Reach, it might have actually done better those games in a "sales per console" perspective.
If you don't shit about sales, don't bring it up.

*up
*know

You misunderstood my point. My point was any reason other than "I like it better" is just bs.

1. You didn't give a SOURCE for that image.
2. You're so fucking stupid that you didn't read the post before mine that said "4 and 5 made the franchise fall in obscurity and lowered the sales" - this is where sales were brought up.

Jesus fucking Christ you're stupid.

Attached: brainlet3.jpg (208x326, 10K)

Please see

But where you said "I'm sure theres some bullshit video essay that gives reasons the old are superior", it sort of suggests that you think they are superior. Although to be fair it could be read in two ways, the other one being that you don't think they're superior, but there are "bullshit" videos arguing that.

You want the source, here's the fucking source NOW SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT SALES!
thesixthaxis.com/2012/06/27/new-halo-4-details-leaked-by-retail-training-quiz/

>IF THE SOURCE DOES NOT COME FROM MICROSOFT/343 THEMSELVES, THEN THOSE SALES NUMBERS DON'T MEAN SHIT!
>gives a source that isn't microsoft or 343
Fucking lmao this is priceless.

No one is talking to you.

Attached: 1554848498149.gif (245x246, 1.97M)

>names 2 games generally regarded at best as being okay
>say "I like them", "I don't get the hate" etc.
>multiple (You)s, 110+ replies
Should be ashamed Yea Forums.

>Halo 4
I actually liked the campaign despite it

>Halo 5
SAGE

5 is the best Halo

Attached: gxSrgroZ8t1UipVgaxJtIBN8JMqAJ0FiYZnrax-j7rU.jpg (1898x2420, 1.11M)

I was basically just making a joke at the expense of all the people who have undoubtedly written essay online saying "according to character design theory the old is better because x, and y" when it's just a long way of saying "I just think the old ones look better".

The Halo 4 Infinity Training Program came directly from Microsoft, it's time to stop and go back to plebbit, user.

OP here, I've made this thread before with a longer explanation of why I liked them, and why I disagree with people who dislike them. But I never got any replies. And I noticed that threads with very short OPs got lots of replies. So I tried it, and it worked.

Okay fair enough, apologies for misinterpreting. And yeah you're right about those videos.

It's fine, I wasn't really sure how to word it so it kinda got mangled.

You haven't given a source from Microsoft or 343 mate. Anyone can make a slide in Photoshop and write "copyright Microsoft" at the bottom.

There are quite a few sites that are reporting Halo Reach's sales as being just above 9 million. Their figures are slightly different, and I don't know where they got them from, but they all seem to be in general agreement about a 9 - 10 million figure.

9.52 million: trustedreviews.com/news/halo-franchise-sales-hit-65-million-units-2925202
9.85 million: windowscentral.com/best-selling-xbox-360-games-all-time
9.60 million: whatculture.com/gaming/10-best-selling-xbox-360-games-ever?page=3

I’m playing through the Halo campaigns and I finally got around to beating Halo 4. I think I played the first two levels then dropped it back when it was new. I have to say 343 sucks and made tons of horrible decisions I could spend all day nitpicking, but going through the Halo 4 campaign now it’s honestly not that bad. It’s not as bad as I remembered, at least. I personally still think sprinting is a bad addition and promethians are gay, not to mention literally every single aspect of The Didact being a mistake, but the Cortana/Chief story wasn’t too bad. I found the Cortana flashes in Halo 3 more obnoxious than any of the rampancy shit. Anyways I don’t think 4 comes close to 1-3 but it’s not terrible. Maybe I only feel this way because 5 came out and was even worse than 4. Keep in mind I’m just talking about campaign stuff here, no multiplayer

>2012 Microsoft Corporation All Rights Reserved
Take your reddit faggot ass back to where you came from and shill your VGChartz numbers there along with Twitter.

Agreed

Wow there's no way that someone could simply type that out. No way at all. If you do, Bill Gates personally comes to your house and kills you.

Attached: brainlet4.jpg (550x543, 30K)

Go back and the next time you decide to find some sources make sure those sources don't site VGChartz.

only good thing about 5 is that it added ADS and weapon mods, which should have been introduced ten years ago.

None of those sites I listed say that they use VGChartz.

>All living organisms that we're aware of, that are bigger than bugs and shit, have muscles, don't
You know grunts are more connected to crabs than humans right?
Muscles are not visible on exoskeletons, fucking retard.

>>IF THE SOURCE DOES NOT COME FROM MICROSOFT/343 THEMSELVES, THEN THOSE SALES NUMBERS DON'T MEAN SHIT!
Literally yes. NPD and SuperData are the only other groups with access to this data and they sell it for thousands of dollars. Video game companies don't have a public place where they 'have' to post profits like box office numbers.

I feel like this isn't the first time I've seen the 343fag that mass replies to everyone

Let's encourage 343i to make a dating sim.

Attached: .png (846x571, 510K)

>he has provided no proper reasoning whatsoever for why one design is apparently "good" and the other is apparently "bad"
That is his reasoning, the h4 and 5 grunts look more like human midgets than grunts, that is an objective criticism and a reason to dislike them you smoothbrain

>The graphical fidelity, the level of detail, far surpass those of the original models.
this is why western gaming is dead and so shit, because of people like you
>Neither did 3's Brutes compared to 2's Brutes, and yet your circlejerking Reddit friends will never mention that, because then they'd have to take off the rose-tinted glasses and realise that
Claims reddit while using reddit speak.
h3 brutes are simply the 2 brutes but shaved, nothing about their silhoulette has changed except for different armor, youre so retarded its unreal.