This game is just hard for the sake of being hard

This game is just hard for the sake of being hard

Attached: packshot-9eea295752b26541cac101c925d9d74a.jpg (500x713, 106K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UQKMe0M-udo
youtube.com/watch?v=ghQJp0JKz_g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Lol, let's put twenty enemies in front of an impossible miniboss that kills you in two hits: the game.

>they were too brainlet to realize it's a stealth game

Game is a masterpiece but the final boss is just stupid
>remember that one faggot?
>you have to clown him in ten seconds with no damage to stand a chance against the next fight
>this is easy
>now you have to clear the actual final boss's first phase with no damage to stand a chance
>okay, sure
>now you have to try and learn his last two phase's attacks and somehow not immediately burn through all your heals
>your deflects do minimal posture damage and you're lucky to get one hit in before he's smashing through your posture again
fuck off grandpa, god you're such a nigger

No, learn to play.

t.
youtube.com/watch?v=UQKMe0M-udo

Cheap Hitboxes: The Game.

Welcome to Japanese game design.

this but actually. once you get past the learning curve the game is jut fun, even easy at times.

Yeah, it's a lot of fun clearly dodging in time but getting hit anyway because of the bullshit hitboxes and teleporting enemy weapons.

What kind of stealth game has enemy health bars reset after losing aggro?

Nah the game's just shit. It's not very hard.

A shitty one

Seven spears? Clear the enemies out first, and if you really feel like he's going to fuck your face then run.

You're just bad for the sake of being bad

No, it's not Nioh's postgame content or Dark Souls II.

You're supposed to bait his stabs and mikiri him, then just bait his lightning attacks and redirect him five times in the next. It's not that hard. I agree making you go through his retard grandson every time gets old fast, I feel like they should have been separate boss fights instead of one very long one

Dark Souls becoming popular was the worst thing to happen to From, because now they're just playing into the "from games are impossible gauntlets" meme.

What's wrong with that, exactly? There's more than enough games that coddle and swaddle the player to their Dramatic Conclusion that a couple of deliberate ballbreakers are fine.

Good, let them. They get the money from the shitters and we get our same old FromSoft experience

There's a huge line between swaddling players and HUR DUR LET'S HAVE OUR ENEMIES' WEAPONS MAGICALLY TELEPORT TO HIT THE PLAYER

Back stab seven spears by grappling around from the right. Then theres a move shere you throw a shuriken and hit r1/rb to immediately follow up with an attack. Spam that to autowin.

Game ramps up in difficulty until the ashina castle boss you'll see soon. After that you'll feel the game is too easy

There is literally one boss where you basically have to clear the area to fight him properly unless you're willing to fight him in his dangerous as fuck arena and that's the first seven spears guy. Everything else in the game you can just rush straight back to.

Who cares, Sekiro is easier than any Souls game so obviously it's not actually affecting anything.
If you want to see hard for hard's sake, go play Nioh

...and that's a good thing!

Attached: Sekiro™_ Shadows Die Twice_20190414180820.png (1920x1080, 1.94M)

>wtf why can't i stealth cheese bosses 100-0
Be glad they even let you take off half their health. Learn to deflect, the timing is very generous.

>the first seven spears guy
The guy by the moon tower? You can just fight him by the side after approaching the tower the exact same way you did in the intro. It takes 30 seconds to get over there and nobody will interfere.

I just made it there and he's fucking bullshit too. I spend an hour on the fucking guy and use up all my gourds only to learn that he has a second phase. Fuck this game, I'm done playing it.

Can you tell that he pissed me off?

>this horror movie is scary for the sake of being scary
>this SUV is huge just for the sake of holding six people
>this spicy food is spicy for the sake of being spicy

Attached: 1508199132155.png (645x729, 62K)

No it's not. I've beaten them all, and while they were tough, Sekiro is just bullshit.

As opposed to what being hard for the sake of an immersive experience for roleplaying manchildren?

L1L1L1L1L1L1L1L1

That's the secret, you don't even have to time it right

Stop whining and git gud dumbass, you had 5 games to overcome Soulsborne's learning curve and you're just whinging because you have to overcome a new difficulty curve
Actually just fuck off, the sooner From is free of casual ass fuckwits the better. The games are not hard, just challenging go fucking play Ninja Gaiden Black and get some perspective.

The first two analogies are dumb as fuck, but the third is actually true. You can have a good, spicy food that is enjoyable to eat. But you can also have nuclear garbage (Da Bomb) that is spicy just for the sake of being spicy. There's nothing enjoyable about it. Soulsborne is a hot but delicious and enjoyable experience. Sekiro is like putting chili extract on wings. It's hot just to fuck with you and to make people feel superior because they finished it.

No, I'm whining because the game design is fucking stupid. There's a reason this game isn't getting traction, even from diehard Soulsborne players.

You're stupid and everyone who isn't a retard or a games journalist retard likes it. Again, fuck off. Never come back.

Ah see now youre tripping up over your own point with the last sentence, if thats true then the difficulty is there to make players feel satisfied for overcoming it. You know, the whole point of video games

>this game isn't getting traction

Attached: headline.png (869x189, 12K)

Nah it's challenging because when you overcome the challenge it gives you, you'll feel really good.

I guess, but that's like breaking your arm just to say that you did it. You're putting yourself through pain and for what? Just to say that you did it? No one gives a fuck.

Yeah, thanks to Soulsborne. But then everyone who bought it said that it was too bullshit and now no one seems to be talking about it. DK and Bloodborne are still being talked about. Sekiro died in a month.

What pain? Its a video game lol, unlike Souls this has no elevators to wait for it mostly goes right into the action with little downtime between restarts

This. Gatekeeping you from the final boss with that loser faggot is annoying.
>Genichiro sees you, shits his pants, and immediately sepukus to summon granddad
>genichiro is simply not present and isshin, having not died earlier, just really wants to fight you for lulz
>genichiro grows a pair and has isshin's moveset instead
All of these would have been better imo

It teaches you patience. It's a good thing to have.

>There is literally one boss where you basically have to clear the area to fight him properly
Drunkard Juzou 2 says hello

Alright what the fuck do I do with the armoured warrior fag who apparently can’t be death blown. I don’t have the fire tool, tried a spear and axe didn’t do shit.

Pain of frustration. Who wants to feel frustrated for 20 hours just to say that they beat a video game?

Unfortunately this. I don't feel compelled to finish the game because I know I won't find anything new or interesting for my character at all. All the exploration feels stupid now.

I admit that I don't have much. Which is why I'm giving up.

It’s hard to believe now but you can easily do genichiro without being hit once. As soon as you know his pattern and schtick, he has zero sneaky or bullshit moves that can fool you. You can bully the shit out of him

>apparently can’t be death blown
he can, you just can't deal vitality damage. parry him.

You can deathblow him but it won’t do damage or kill him.
It DOES knock him pretty far back when you do it and the sides of that bridge break pretty easily don’t they...

Did you get most of the prayer beads? They seriously help

Based From dabbing on the adhd zoomers. Stick with fortnite

Git gud

How the fuck do I beat Gramps?

How do I beat Owl?

>ninjas
>stealth
>?

it's more a rhythm game than action game all you do is familiar with boss moveset then press right button with little consideration to other factor like distance, position and skill combo etc

Yeah I can tell that you're shit at video games too

Zone him, hit him until he dies. Block his bullshit fire explosion with the shield.

>460527383
Maximum aggression, he only has like three moves he can pull while under steady attack and they're all easy to learn and counter.
Second phase is easy because he spams stupid owl moves and gives you frequent mikiri attempts

New game sekiro is substantially easier than new game bloodborne but ng+ sekiro with no charm is somewhat more difficult than ng+ bloodborne

I've been barking up this tree for 10 years

Attached: 1556437317939.gif (197x200, 2.25M)

I'm shit at cheap video games, yeah.

Keep running away and use whirlwind slash during the end lag of his big windup moves. Literally just never stop running/jumping away from him except to attack.

Lol do you seriously want to cheese every health bar of every boss?

how the fuck do you bait his stabs without getting posture broken first?

(O) R1 R1 (R1) L1 O R1 R1 (R1) L1
() depending on his AI
second phase when he posion or somking screen X prime owl still same idea just with more moveset you have to look out for

This game is tough but I am not even that good at games and I've nearly beaten it. You guys just need to play more and you'll get better.

The only thing truly bullshit thing in this game is the camera

It’s probably the game I’ve had the least deaths with a total blind run.

took you this long to realize? thats froms whole gimmick

>sake
weeb

SAKEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: download.jpg (300x168, 6K)

>Stealth game
>Shitty AI that forgets about the madman who tried to kill him after 20 seconds and drops his guard
I'm not buying your fucking game Todd

You must not play very many stealth games, or any stealth games really
Sekiro enemies actually seem to have heightened guard after they lose aggro

I don't understand how when I resurrect, the enemies immediately know I got up while their backs are turned. When I see random vids, it seems like other people's games have the enemies be unaware so they can be sneakattacked.

Because it's noisy and there's a huge gay pink explosion of sakura petals when it happens
Only standard mooks who have walked a considerable distance away seem to not notice

im just coming back to sekiro after a week break but after the patch my game has softlocked. my save was just before the corrupted monk illusion boss ng+
the cutscene where genichiro defeats you at the beginning of the game keeps playing every time i get close to ashina castle to advance the story, and then i get teleported to the sculptor. i cant do shit anymore. i cant reach owl and continue. wtf happened? why does genichiro keep chopping off my arms?? i already defeated him
THE CUTSCENE EVEN TRIGGERS FROM THE ABANDONED DUNGEON ENTRANCE, IT FUCKING TELEPORTS ME TO THIS FIELD FOR THE CUTSCENE

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (640x360, 22K)

I don't play stealth games because of what I said, you're always just playing against an AI which is retarded on purpose.
I never touched stealth in TES for that reason either because AI which believes the wind blew 2 arrows into someone's head is just retard game design.

Do you think AI is good in non-stealth games? lol

How long does it take you to beat a boss? If you haven't learned the pattern by the 5th or 6th fight, you may be mildly retarded

Same as I just said if you intentionally don't cheese it you can have a good time with a lot of them.
Stealth games are 100% cheese by design though.

I'm doing ng bell demon without Kuro's charm and am currently getting walled hard by Juzou.

>Tezen Yamauchi (guy before horse guy)
>Shinobi Hunter
>Jozou the drunkard
>Kuranosuke Matsumoto (guy up the stairs to the castle entrance)
>Seven Spears
>Tokujiro the Glutton
>Poison Snake eyes

Nice try though

>check achievements
>almost 60% of all player on Steam have beat Lady Butterfly
>almost 30% have beat Glock Saint
M-maybe the game isn't so hard after all?

Attached: 1555858264658.jpg (212x302, 61K)

but sekiro fanbase are zoomers, what are you talking about?

Maybe they fell asleep before getting to him.

>I only agree with food analogies

What do I do on Corrupted Monk's second and third phase? Once I got a free plunging deathblow but I can't get it to happen again
Just beat him a few hours ago, make sure to dodge hit his poison and ichimonji after his big plunging attack. When he winds up in the second phase just run behind him

Attached: Sekino - Sadows Cry Twice.jpg (255x383, 23K)

Hit her until she dies you dumbshit
Because you use dumb tricks you're already becoming a helpless whining shitter, god help you once you encounter an actual hard boss. Monk literally moves in slow motion.

Dark Souls 2 is much easier than Sekiro

Souls games are easier because you can out level an area/boss and it has a lot of weapons they fail to balance well

Game seems to be way more forgiving after Ashina Castle/ Genechiro so far.

>you can out level an area/boss
you can do it in sekiro too, stop spreading lies

>get unique item that is one of its kind available once per playthrough
>gives temporary buff
Why would I even bother with this then?

Can't hear you over the sound of me beating everything in Sekiro by pressing R1 R1 L1 R1 R1 L1 and occasionally mikuri countering
The game is easy once Genichiro forces you to understand, hopefully DLC adds some real challenge.

that's not Last Raven

L1 is not block, hold it til your hands are where they need to be, R1.. Repeat.

>>/reddit/

Misquote, meant for..

Beat it twice yesterday. Don't know what the problem is.

Attached: 1497578786136.png (872x632, 159K)

I do feel like I'm struggling with the camera/lock on system more as I get further in the game

I am in Fountainhead and have some sake to give Emma but she is just standing with the sculptor and won't take it. What do?
I've already given this kind to Sculptor and probably Ishhin since he isn't taking it either.

Is this the most ironic post in the thread?
That's exactly what this game is, i thought that was the appeal

JUST EXPLORE

YOU DON'T HAVE TO FIGHT THE HARD SHIT AS SOON AS YOU ENCOUNTER IT

JUST GO SOMEWHERE ELSE NIGGER

YOU CAN ACTUALLY RUN PAST A LOT OF MINI-BOSSES

YOU DON'T HAVE TO FIGHT THE FUCKING APE AS SOON YOU SEE IT

GO TO MIBU VILLAGE YOU IDIOT

Attached: Dn4QvPvXcAEPsjX.jpg (634x642, 41K)

no, it can be annoying, but it's not hard at all.
>hear about a streamer losing his shit to ape guardian despite him being a legend and making a million off of one stream alone
>beat ape guardian in less than a handful of tries
the game is really forgiving as far as getting your timing down.

go behind the shrine, and wait.

>finally beat Genichiro 1
>now have to fight rape ape and o-rin

Just fuck my shit up

Attached: 1399502240945.jpg (640x480, 67K)

Fire crackers > swing swing > repeat
If you run out of firecrackers, use fistful of Ash instead, and use a divine confetti as well.

No I did that too. He talked about breezes. Got the bell and did some Hirata. She's still just there.

Do you even pay attention? He literally tells you what to do

>Once I got a free plunging deathblow but I can't get it to happen again
They patched out the first deathblow.

O rin can be cheesed but even without it you just need to learn to time your deflects. Rape ape is vulnerable on his ape ass in the first phase since tantrum attacks don't cover there, and in his second phase if you get your deflects right you'll trigger a downward strike with his sword that can be deflected to stun him, and then use your spear on his neck hole for big damage.

Just go around Orin. Like just take to other path to the end.

You can eavesdrop if you wallhug by the big hole in the back
Though I don't see how this will help you get her boozed up

I thought early game was unnecessarily difficult. You don't have enough heals to figure out what the game expects you to do. Learning the timing to Mikiri counters was painful.

Then, the game is way too easy. I one shotted most bosses and minibosses Genichiro, up until ISS, which I beat after 30 tries or so.

Also, I think the game suffers from no iframes during the dodge animation.

Yeah I already did that. She still won't take my damn sake. Just keeps wishing me luck in Hirata. None of these people want to drink with me anymore.

All Soulsborne games are hard for the sake of being hard, no matter what kind of pretentious bullshit arguments people use to justify it. None of these games are fun, and ALL of them are clunky.

The mikiri counter description just lies outright about the timing. The actual window when you do it correctly is generous, it's just trial and error finding that out.

It has iframes but I think maybe the way his hitboxes are your leg gets clipped often or something
In general I just figure out the attacks that aren't very forgiving to dodge and deflect those

Was very disappointed by the last 3 bosses.
Owl 2 is a worse version of Owl 1 without poison.
Demon of Hatred's every move can be countered by sprinting to his side and R1ing him till he's dead.
Isshin has so little posture I haven't even noticed fighting him, his moveset in first phase is a joke, and 2-3 phases have like 1 dangerous attack.

Bloodborne is harder.
DS2(with dlcs) is MUCH harder.
And none of them are "hard for the sake of being hard"

Owl 2 is way better, what are you talking about?

Only thing that's bullshit in my opinion is that thrust, sweep and special boss moves are the same colour.

It's not that hard.

well found the dumb one

Flashier maybe, but his basic attacks are the same and without poison pools you don't have to consider your positioning in the fight.
I was hoping that he would start using all kinds of shinobi-tools in that fight, and all I got were some occasional teleportations with the ghost owl.

The animations for each attack couldn't be more clear.

>All Soulsborne games are hard for the sake of being hard, no matter what kind of pretentious bullshit arguments people use
shhh, you hear that?

Doesnt feel like it when you've got a split second between right option and option that will fuck you up. Why even have the big obscuring kanji if you're meant to focus purely on animations.

That's more than enough time to react, a whole second and it becomes like any of your faggot movie games.
If you seriously can't react to something in less than a second then you should consider new hobbies.

Im saying the danger kanji is flawed and misleading for what was intended a warning UI.

There's not a lot of enemies that do mixups and the ones that do aren't hard otherwise
The hardest bosses in the game do a well telegraphed thrust at the end of a long obvious combo that's easy to zone and wait for the end

It really fucking isn't, what are you a fucking fly that you can't focus on one thing while using your peripheral vision to keep track of other things?

there ARE rare occasions where you look down on an opponent and the kanji obscures their animation too much to differentiate attacks. mostly ez though

I found it vastly easier than Bloodborne with its DLC. Orphan of Kos was the only From boss that made me almost give up. Sekiro was hard at points but always manageable. Once you've figured out an enemies moveset all you have to do is react quickly enough to counter it correctly.

Does anyone know what year exactly does the game take place?

the DLC really made BB and was a gamechanger for DS2. We can't fairly judge Sekiro until we see how its DLC holds up. Remember that base BB is pitifully easy (outside certain chalices)

It is when every other attack doesnt use it and its entire function is obsolete and just becomes an obnoxious red herring that at times covers the very animation you're meant to focus on.
It's a distraction. Why on earth isnt it color coded, like say, every other kanji ui the game has. It just feelsso goddam odd

Attached: 1555902073076.jpg (1282x1080, 894K)

Nice

I just played the game's localization for Spain, Jesus Christ what a hack, they translated Dragon-rot literally as Dragon-flu.

That's precious

Attached: 1555086853357.jpg (2560x1440, 485K)

yes

speedruns of this game are short as hell
just putting that out there

>beat genichiro
>rest of the game is piss easy
?????

After beating it myself and watching a lot of first time playthroughs on youtube/twitch I see some common patterns.
>when advancing, sprints through/past nonmandatory enemies/minibosses picking up items that are along their path
>never stray far from idols, rest a lot
>dont use many skills, prosthetics, techniques, etc
>cheese whenever possible or brute force things otherwise rather than learning mechanics like deflecting or the folding screen monkeys
>as a result of these practices they get to tougher fights without many prosthetics or other important items, low stats, and low/no knowledge of proper parrying
>complain about the game being broken, blame the camera, call the fights/game poorly designed when they get killed

wow, you got filtered hard didn't you?

Yeah I'm making some progress on ape by smacking him in the ass, just got to watch out for his fart attack. Thanks for putting a boss who attacks me with farts and poop dunks btw Fromsoft.

I really love this game, probably my favourite FromSoftware title. The game was pretty smooth, difficulty wise, until the battle against Isshin. I'm now on my third playthough and I swear I'm tanking through every single boss. It's like once you defeat Isshin you literally become a god.

It's usable, but objectively speaking it could be more clear. Using a symbol to signal to the player that they now need to watch the enemy's animation so they can react to it correctly adds an extra step to the entire process that doesn't have to be there. That step only adds a fraction of a second, but results in a bit of a learning curve even if you're used to games where you have to react to enemies quickly. The symbol appearing above your own head adds uncertainty when fighting multiple enemies at the same time because you don't know which enemy is doing the unblockable move, and it can also obscure the enemy it's telling you to react to.

Most of the skills and techniques are shit though outside of whatever one happens to be that enemies inherent weakness
Also define "proper" parrying

Remove difficulty from every fromsoft games, there's not much left

except for Dragon Flash, this combat art is a fucking godsend for dealing great vitality and posture damage.

Except for good level design, tight mechanics, great animations, visually beautiful environmental design, a unique approach to storytelling, compelling backstories, unique character and creature designs...

Attached: 1483547033599.jpg (645x968, 47K)

Attached: .jpg (387x461, 21K)

wow great argument

Try harder, just only skyrim shit on everyone of your points

I bet you're a fan of Marvel movies.

First take a break from Yea Forums and learn how to communicate your thoughts properly. Once you do that, maybe starting with basic grammar, you can come back to try some shitposting.

>I have nothing left to say, so I'm gonna complain about grammar
kid

t. Souls player assblasted he can't use invincibility frames against everything

Nothing to say about what faggot? Your post had as much intellectual substance as watching my dog eat his own puke.

You can’t beat him because he’s in your head.

Wow, you've solved the great mystery. Some games are challenging. I'll be sure to contact you the next time the CIA is in need of an expert cryptologist.

When you defeat him, you will look back upon your post and laugh at yourself
youtube.com/watch?v=ghQJp0JKz_g
IKUZO, SEKIRO!

get FUCKED retard

Attached: 56189731_1063737997142928_559801068926541438_n.jpg (677x763, 137K)

kek

The Japanese is literally translated as Dragon Cough or some shit, I'd rather flu than some edgy Souls-ism

As it should be, git gud

ogre's grab is the only broken hitbox in the game f a m

What's bad about that? What other reason than providing a good challenge does a game need for being hard. 0

scrubs ITT

I've recently started playing Sekiro and so far I enjoy it quite a lot.
The game doesn't seem to be too "hard" but it takes Souls' "punishing" up to eleven.
Given the controls aren't the tightest shit ever, the game still makes me mad quite often due to me fucking up in combat on minor things but generally I feel like I'm starting getting a grip on it.
My first boss was Lady Butterfly and amusingly enough I enjoyed that fight a lot despite having to retry it multiple times before I understood how to fight her. In contrast, miniboss fight prior to that (that general dude near the start of the game, spear dude in the memories) pissed me off tremendously.
I've beaten Genichiro recently, and that was a mostly enjoyable fight except for the fucking bullshit jump into four arrows attack which I hated.
After beating him, I went and killed that shitty mage faggot in the abandoned dungeon (the one who drops the ritual knife) and that was a shitty fucking fight. I mean, it felt good to finally kill him, but it took me multiple tries to even figure out how to approach the faggot. Not to mention, I had the fight reset on me twice during the second phase which was utter fucking bullshit. All and all, it was quite dragged on as I was dealing barely any damage to him and he wasn't attacking often enough for me to parry.

>he didn't use stealth
you are fooling yourself

It's infinitely better than western

based!

I really enjoy this game.

Attached: sekiro16.jpg (1920x1080, 390K)

based, redpilled, robust, and impressive.

What was the hardest boss for you guys? Who was the easiest?

Besides Sword Saint, I'd say the ogre gave me the hardest time. It took me like 2-3 days to beat him for some reason. Generally after that I didn't have a hard time.

Easiest to me would probably be Owl or the Two Apes. Beat them both first try.

Attached: 1510979391427.jpg (708x471, 62K)

i got filtered by DoH

this game is unironically the easiest in the soul series

Do you keep your purchased skills on NG+?
If you do, can you do anything with your skill points?

Attached: Oni of Hatred PEPE.jpg (1051x1080, 761K)

Seven Spear guy which took me 2 hours. After that everything is kind of a trial and error for me. Nothing takes more than 1h to beat. I thought Demon of Hatred will filter me but I beat him in like 5 tries.
NG+ and no Kuro charm is another story though

just play as Vergil senpai

>needs to resort to running away and baiting easily punishable attacks
absolute state of Yea Forums giving advice
just get good and go ham, that's how I beat him second try

>pic
Is there one of Chained Ogre? A lot of people get filtered by him.

>Do you keep your purchased skills on NG+?
Yes, there is achievement to get all skills. It took me NG+++ with 90 minutes of grinding to get last 20 levels.
>If you do, can you do anything with your skill points?
You can upgrade attack for 5 skill points, up to 99atk.
Anyway there is should be no more stats inflation past NG+7

Attached: IcJb9N05iUY.jpg (1477x1671, 367K)

theres is hulk hogan version but not pepe

Attached: Sekiro Ape PEPE.jpg (559x1078, 341K)

Demon and Ape because they're just Dark Souls bosses in the wrong game.

>who

Attack stat stop scaling or very slowly after 20 as well.

>You can upgrade attack for 5 skill points, up to 99atk.
Is this only after buying all skills or in NG+?

believe me when I say it's what I thought at first, particularly when I found snek eyes in the stupid ass swamp, turns out there's a very specific way to deal with every room and until you know about it you are going to get pissed and die trying

You need to build mask.
It's possible even in NG. But don't do it, only fags do that.

Oh that's what those fragments are for in merchants. How many are there? 2?

sekiro really loves his bait and switch with the bosses though, like they did with ape and butterfly

Gold, carp scales and spoiler, it's pretty secret part

>ogre
>2-3 days

are you for real? I suck at this game but ogre was 2-3 tries. you just have to spin around him. literally what the tutorial guy tells you.

what does the mask do exactly? and do you give it to someone once it is complete?

not him but I've beaten the game ng+ toolless charmless demon bell and I still die to ogre like 10 times every time I fight one because of how heavily it punishes being greedy

you can stealth him if you really wanted to make it easier, then oil+flame to death. simple if you want to use what you have.

>phase 2 isshin
>deflects do minimal posture damage

the fuck is this nigger saying? when isshin is dual wielding his posture regen is almost zero and he tends to spam attacks you can literally L1 dance to and he fucks himself over

I do the stealth deathblow but I don't use flame since I'm a real stubborn stinker.

I hear you. It was just an option for a quick ogre death.

How to do 2Owl? Guy is relentless.

Something fun I did with the Ashina castle ogre is lead all of the invading Red Guard soldiers over to him. They all die in one hit, but the flame bazooka guy is really good against him!
From a gameplay perspective he is Genichiro part two. Keep up the R1 spam and you will get a vitality hit every time he tries to duck out to the side or do something fancy. Other than that learn how to dodge the firecracker moves and stay solid on your fundamentals.

why the fuck do I suck at nearly every other enemy?

I don't know user. Why don't you tell me.
90% of the game is just recognizing enemy attack animations. The game is significantly easier if you have good memory.

Attached: 1553815089943.gif (300x276, 221K)

Maybe I'm getting old. I have problems to identify the attacks after the danger sign. So I just guess and obviously fail often.

Attached: 1553492683794.png (2931x1416, 639K)

The perilous indicator can be REALLY distracting. If you don't know the animation it's easy to panic especially against spear guys because it comes out so fast. You'll get used to it with practice big guy

>This game is just hard
Not really.

I think demon of hatred is hard for the sake of being hard.

But every other boss including sword saint are tests of what you should have been good at.

For Saint if you have been deflecting + counter attacking, mikiri countering, and head jumping on sweeps then you shouldn't have too much trouble.

All the other fights have cheeses that involve prosthetics.

I got used to it eventually. It was really hard to decipher which move was coming out. Honestly, they should have made the danger sign yellow for jumps and red for thrusts. I think this would have simplified the combat without totally destroying the difficulty.

Hes bitching for the sake of bitching

That's just an excuse. You would've been shit at any age.

Demon of hatred has fucking bullshit moves that are poorly designed but those bullshit moves force you to actually do a small amount of strategy to counter them which I liked in a masochistic sort of way.
For example, take the midrange fireball toss which is just about impossible to avoid in a huge area in front of him. If you're paying attention you'll know he does it after the sweep, so he'll have distance on you almost guaranteed unless he runs up against a wall. Through trial and error you can find out that you can sprint to close the gap to get under the fireballs if you're on the ball, and it's made easier by jumping backwards when the sweep comes out. Then after not making that run-by once because you took the time to heal or jumped forward really far you'll get plugged in the face by fireballs and you'll realize that if you're too far away, you have to keep your distance and bait the fireballs, then you'll have a window to rush in while he does the stupid overhead manus slam that is avoidable by walking slowly to the left.
Little stuff like that made doing that boss on toolless hardmode kind of fun.
Also I hate the implementation of prosthetics in the game a lot because of the cheesing. Stuff like shuriken -> followup to close distance is cool but It's just not interesting to use prosthetics to avoid engaging in the mechanics of the fight (firecracker spam).

No, once you have all 3 parts you gain ability to turn in skillpoints for attack power at the idols.

Oh okay, that sounds pretty neat if you just want to tear through the game. Thanks.

I must have missed something in the plot, but why are Kuro and Emma allowed to just meander around inside Ashina Castle?

Also, who is commanding the forces of the castle? Isshin? Genichiro? Clearly not Isshin since he's friendly with Sekiro but everybody else in the castle wants to kill him. So it's Genichiro still? Then why don't they just take Kuro prisoner again?

Attached: liz-gillies-killing-daddy-lifetime-movie[2].jpg (300x300, 31K)

>make character unable to accidentally walk off cliffs
>apply the logic even in 1ft drops in the middle of a miniboss combat area
poison pool

if u lose to DoH more than 5 times than you might not be cut out for real gaming.

>if you lose this many times
>if you use healing
>if you use idols
>if you use prosthetic arm
>if you use sword
>U BAD HE HE HE KEK
fuck off seriously.

Yes and?

what did that have to do with anything in the post you absolute pissant

>tfw on DoH RIGHT NOW

I can pass P1 with no damage taken but that fireball spam tho, probably going to use the whistle on him next time he does that.

>kills snake eye with poison

I am guilty of this but I still died midway because she was slowly walking out of the poison pool and I have to reaggro her back to where she needs to be.

At least I did the other one legit.

Attached: 1554358697902.jpg (437x431, 18K)

if you go to her early it's pretty much impossible to kill her otherwise unless you memorize all her moves and parry everything, much better to just grab sabimaru and make her HUE HUE HUE

Attached: sekiro.png (800x495, 742K)

>But I want to drink this exact one

Don't think it works with whiskies though, they only go up not down.

that's the point

Oh come on, DS2 has some of the most annoying gank squads and boss runs in the series.

cringe

It gets pretty useless in the lategame since you would need to farm forever to get those points.

>pretty much impossible
you can take off one health bar with stealth and then keep her in a loop with Ichimonji for example. Or just kill her like that, she doesn't have the most complex moveset.

t. you on the left

Attached: 8B3F6EBD-52FD-4A22-B289-FAE36CB0E481.jpg (1280x720, 310K)

>no don't you dare put water into this whiskey!
>you are only allowed to enjoy whiskey exactly the way it was made
Whiskey tasters actually make the whiskey weaker since the alcohol dulls the other flavors

Attached: 7FE21AB1-BE98-4BD9-84E7-02E3C75E097D.jpg (1280x720, 316K)

It's just a drop, the drink itself is still hard-hitting unless you are one of those ontherocksfag

Is Lady Butterfly the easiest boss in Sekiro?

Does the Mist Noble count? If not counting mini-bosses then Gyoubu is probably the easiest, followed by Lady Butterfly. If you count the Folding Screen Monkeys and the Divine Dragon as bosses though, they are both easier than even Gyoubu.

putting water into it would be like using the cheat engine, adding an easy mode would be like going to the distiller and asking them to change the formula and sell another version of the whiskey

I don't really understand the Mist Noble... can he actually hurt you? Gyoubu is pretty easy actually, though I don't think you can catch him in a loop like Lady Butterfly. Divine Dragon felt more cinematic to progress the story than an actual boss fight and the Monkeys are more annoying than anything else.

I guess it's a tie between Lady Butterfly and Gyoubu. I actually wish there were more bosses like the latter, the whole riding a horse thing made the fight feel special.

Def lady butterly, I was stuck a while on Juzou too. This game was hardest at the start imo, you have next to no fucking heals, pellets are still very few and you are still trying to grasp all the stuff you can do in the game. I killed SS ishin in 2-3 hours but I think i was stuck in lady butterfly for like 4-5hours, atleast it felt like it.
Easiest boss, I think I first tried the bull.

I got stuck on the bull because it's movesets were intimidating and I didn't realize you can block its attacks until I killed it.

Seriously, back when you are still early at the game who could have fucking realized you can block a charging bull with a thin katana.

guys i beat gyoubu oniwa and lady butterfly on my first try, is this game not as hard as people are making it out to be or am i just a pro?

gyobu masataka oniwa is a perfect introduction boss i would say, easy once the gameplay is second nature but a fair challenge in the early game. i really enjoyed tyhis fight and the way the horese comes sniffing after the execution was a touching detail

first try is definetely impressive but not impossible. the game is challenging but if you are playing smart it's normal to beat the bosses quite quickly. Ogre took me 4 times, gyobu 3, butterfly 3 and first ape 5. and i don't consider myself a particularly skilled player. Jounalists and queers are just infinitely bad at improving themselves

don't think my stroke speech is because i'm retardfed i'm just drunk :)

i dont think the game is hard, in fact i want all games to be this intense. this is the kind of game that actually makes you play it instead of doin some gay shit

I just tried it right off the bat, hirate eastate taught me dodging is not the way in this game.
I had it all figured out so to speak after I got done with the estate but it was stupid going to hirata the second I got the bell in hindsight. But I was too proud to leave until I was done.
I liked the bosses but fighting Gyobu and bull after Juzou and butterfly felt really weird.

This game is hard in the right way.
From getting swept by Owl in the estates to sweeping Owl in the estates is some of the most fun I had in awhile. The adrenaline rush is real.

No worries user. I feel you. I liked that little attention to detail with the horse as well. There was another part with a horse who had been shot if you eavesdrop on an enemy; I felt so bad for killing him after he lost his precious friend.

>putting water into it would be a cheat
tell that to all the people who put an ice cube in whiskey or a spoon of water to alter the flavor profile a little. "You can only drink whiskey neat" is purism I guess but also good luck telling people how to drink something they bought with their own money

The English text when you cure it literally says Dragonrot Restored though. It's pretty clear that was the intended translation and not Activision trying to make it sound cooler.

Sekiro has god tier hit boxes

Are you retarded? Sekiro has sold as much as DS3 or Bloodborne did in 4 years. And Sekiro did that in 1 month. It's by far their most popular game.

You RPG faggots are ruining games

Most idiotic thing in the thread. Sekiro fanbase is 99% old school FromSoft fans.

>I am so retarded that I can't look up what each prosthetic does

>THE GATE REMAINS SHUT!
His victory quote is so cheeky I couldn't be mad when he beat me.

Its a bit irksome how expensive so many things are, basically making it impossible to have a ton of useful things until the very end of the game. Like how much farming do you have to do to get the phantom kunai anytime before fountainhead?

If you beat owl father in only a few tries I would say you are bretty good.

easiest bosses. try genichiro, if you beat him first time you have skill.

That's the plan except that it's not even hard.
Not sure what people see in this overrated thing. Worse than any From game before it