Star Citizen is having a free trial from May 1(tomorrow) through May 8

Star Citizen is having a free trial from May 1(tomorrow) through May 8.

Come check out the next iteration of MMOs that serves to put 20 years of tab-targeting and koreashit to bed.

Attached: jjxet3n9u2b21.jpg (960x500, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hhzU806jxnY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Free? I wish they told me this sooner.

Attached: 1527878449200.jpg (666x666, 49K)

T-thanks for supporting the project

what dont people understand with this game?

This is a video game that has obviously gone past its PREDICTED release date, for obvious reasons. But why does it make it automatically shit?
I can understand the reasoning behind it being claimed as a 'piped dream', and to a degree I an agree.
It's become apparent that the developers weren't prepared for such a massive project, and as such they have fallen short on what they deliver every 'citizen con' (or whatever they call it). No video game has ever received as much funding as star citizen. With all that money people are certainly entitled to have a negative opinion of the game in its current state, especially the ones that backed the project all those years ago expecting to be playing the full release by now. But people must understand this isn't your typical video game with a set release date. It's going to go through years of updates and additions until it's considered full release.

shill

I'm not here to apologize for Star Citizen's exorbitant in-game purchases or ridiculous payment schemes, but most of the criticism is directed toward its lack of release date. Isn't that like criticizing Dwarf Fortress for not being released? You can download the game and play it, right? You get the updates, don't you?

>gives points against the game
>shill
ok retard.

have they fixed the performances yet?

>expanding the scope just means more work!
No sweetie, it means having an undeliverable project stuck in development hell where the only real option is to scrap all the work done thus far and start again fresh with the new scope parameters built in from the beginning.

Attached: Johnromero.jpg (300x382, 14K)

Dwarf fortress is free and a passion project retard.

I backed it just to see what happens when you throw this much money at this much scope. With Chris we will either get a groundbreaking game or a catastrophic trolley massacre

When it comes to Start Citizen, I have absolutely no problems with what they are doing.

HOWEVER! Squadron 42 has always been my main gripe. That game is finished. Chris confirmed it was finished and such should be released already. Its the single player component for fuck sake. At least thats why I became a backer. Now he says that a 2020 released window is what they want and good on them if they pull it off. But if its delayed again for whatever reason, I'll just come to the conclusion that its all been just a massive ruse.

wtf i love scams now

user, it's never going to release just let it go.

I let it go ages ago.

> where the only real option is to scrap all the work done thus far and start again fresh with the new scope parameters built in from the beginning.
No sweetie, it means having a project that will inevitability deliver and will always be in development since its a game that wont ever stop getting updates for at least 10 years due to the support from backers. Though I don't understand what you meant by starting over? If you mean when they migrated from the cry engine to Amazon lumberyard, then that wasn't a new start since they ported all their assets.

>try to port assets into a new engine
>bug crunch for the next 10 yeras

(You)

>microtransactions out the ass
>the game is shit but is slightly less shit than before please stick around for 5 more years
>relies on a central server so as soon as the game becomes unprofitable it becomes unplayable
At least crap like Destiny only take a year to get better. Anyone who puts money into this scam should be admitted into an asylum.

I paid for a game with a delivery date of NOV 2014 and its now 2019 and its barely a fucking game.

It's almost like it takes more time to make a $200m+ game than a $10m game.
And you're a fucking dumbass.

Their marketing model makes no sense. This is why it can never be a successful mmo, it is basically pay to win.

When the actual game comes out (in 8 years) everything will be earned in-game even the shit that you have to pay for now.

sure, I'll join your cult

youtube.com/watch?v=hhzU806jxnY
>current build is completely unstable and a performance nightmare usually in the teens even on a total beast of a computer.
>controls are a nightmare.
>assets fail to load in, even in the demo you'll get stuck in elevators and doors.
>land on a planet and fall through the surface.
>hyperspace from one planet to another can take up to twenty minutes.
>everything is drawn out and arduous to a degree resembling sadism.
this shit is like some Kafkaesque nightmare.

>I'm a retard that lets youtubers do my thinking for me: the post

Attached: 1535091175523.jpg (228x228, 6K)

user, I've seen people post in these threads that don't even know that there's any playable product. They legitimately thought it was all videos and pictures of ships. It's just fun to come in here and post smug reaction images to ">yfw you didn't fall for Scam Citizen" and feel superior to others.
SC's not above criticism, but having seen these threads for the last couple years, I realize a lot of the critics are coming from a place of total ignorance about what was promised, what's been delivered, and when.

Attached: bonedad.jpg (400x400, 51K)

is there anything to actually do in it or is it just a "look at these graphics"?

Where is your argument? You can'tvjust port a game into a new engine, it takes far longer to crunch all the bugs that introduces (if it's even theoretically possible to crunch them all), than to rewrite everything from scratch within the new engine. When you expand the scope so much, you need to start again with the new scope built in at the base.

this guy gets it

Wait its got actual content now? Last time I played there was just arena commander.

>Its been 8 years

Attached: 1552877773810.jpg (1024x1017, 96K)

how are they going to balance the game? You have people thats spending tens of thousand on it right now, in alpha. how is someone that eventually gets the game for 40 bucks on release going to compete with someone like that?
has this ever been answered? I dont really follow the game at all.

I'm in tears. 13:50 on boys:
>call an elevator.
>controls stop working for """(((reasons)))"""
>elevator shows up 5 minutes after you call it.
>it's a completely black texture-less hole for some reason.
>"oh fuck can't go in there... it's a goddamn abyss."
>decide to go in anyways.
>clip through the floor of the space station and walk on basic textures until you die.
>respawn and try it again.
>game crashes.
>"this is great... only 20k down the shitter."
i'm fucking dying over here

Extending Kickstarters past 110% or so is a huge mistake.

You didn't even watch the video. The guy just shows off bugs but claims he still likes the game and defends it
Besides, there's not much thinking when it comes to SC:
There are the retards that invested money into this life-replacement sim that is currently broken 8 years into development and then there's everyone else. Imagine waiting for a subway train in real time in a fucking videogame.

Git gud lol

Not even trying to defend it but most big ass AAA games take just as long, they just don't announce them early enough for you to know about it.

There's a first-person shooter arena mode, racing course, and the core gameplay loop of
>explore space station
>take contract
>get ship from hangar
>leave station
>explore spess
>find planet
>mine/transport/fight
Is all in place.
It still needs a campaign, and persistent universe populated with content, and LOADS of optimization. But the basics are there and playable.

>Where is your argument?
wheres yours. Hence the mindless (you) im giving (you).

>You can'tvjust port a game into a new engine, it takes far longer to crunch all the bugs that introduces (if it's even theoretically possible to crunch them all), than to rewrite everything from scratch within the new engine. When you expand the scope so much, you need to start again with the new scope built in at the base.

wrong again. What the fuck do you mean by bugs? By the time they ported whatever they had to lumberyard they didn't have much.

>You can'tvjust port a game into a new engine
uh yes you can retard.

Scam citizen will never take up space on my HDD

>Published on Apr 29, 2019
The game cannot still be in this state as of now, can it? This shit is like some David Lynch nightmare world.

SC is full of bugs. There's more bugs than content. There's more bugs than they'll ever hope to crunch. It's a consequence of development hell, of pushing beyond the scope every six months or so as a business model to rinse whales to pay for new promised features.

make sure to check the comments, apprently his experience isn't normal and the newest version runs very well.

lmao shills are fucking shameless

>To bed
Precisely because SC mated with all the batshit monetization of Western and Eastern mobage and MMOs. To defend SC is to defend the coming of the end.

>SC is full of bugs. There's more bugs than content.
Whilst this is true. Perhaps this is a good thing. Maybe it will stop the devs from finishing the game. Like I said before i'm no shill, I wish nothing more than to see people getting scammed on a piped dream.