ITT we post absolutely BASED SNES games. I'll start

ITT we post absolutely BASED SNES games. I'll start.

Attached: s-l1000 (1).jpg (392x266, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S3mqIDAVObA
youtube.com/watch?v=RBnYGYa6l3M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's not Lufia 2

Attached: 11.png (475x347, 250K)

Attached: swiv.jpg (1280x720, 149K)

Attached: 1550790324408.jpg (794x596, 122K)

Based

Terranigma

Probably the best vertical shooter on the system

Attached: snes_spacemegaforce_front.png (411x300, 240K)

I never had a SNES growing due to poorness. What SNES games should I play? I've already played Super Metroid and Zelda ALTTP.

compile makes good shit

everything in the picture is a good place to start, but the console has so many great hidden gems it'd be hard to list them all. What genres are you into?

Attached: super-nintendo-snes-games.jpg (1338x947, 359K)

>What genres are you into?
I'd be up for playing literally any genre desu. With the exception of maybe sports games. But even then if there are good sports games I'll try them anyways.

that's very close to what the snes classic has

Attached: 564117_4425_front.jpg (580x1030, 142K)

for the sake of making this easier for me, think about your all time favorite games and just say what genres they happen to be in.

-Chrono Trigger
-Bahamut Lagoon
-Wizardry 1/2/3

Attached: Wizardry Story of Llylgamyn.jpg (480x360, 18K)

My god is this game good I'll never beat Epyon though

Okay, I'll try to list some lesser known games off the top of my head that I think everyone should play

Hagane: The Final Conflict - Tough as nails ninja action platformer that's also absurdly expensive as a cartridge. All your buttons that aren't directionals do an attack, it's fucking awesome

Space Megaforce - pictured above, probably the best shmup on the system, though the Genesis has it beat in that regard. Has a ton of weapons and is fairly long.

Pocky and Rocky - top down shooter, plays like a cross between Zelda and Contra. Also hard as fuck

Wild Guns - Cabal shooter that got rereleased on Steam with extras, play that instead

Ninja Warriors - solid beat-em-up by same guys as Wild Guns, amazing soundtrack

Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen - deep real time strategy game, you can sink tons of hours into this one

Lufia II Rise of the Sinistrals - prequel to Lufia and the Fortress of Doom but is better in every way imaginable. Solid non-Square RPG with a procedurally generated dungeon mode years before it was common that's probably better than the main story mode.

That's all I can think of the top of my head, but there's so much more. Also check out the Quintet games(ActRaiser, Soul Blazer, Robotrek, etc.) for some wackier RPGs and action games.

Attached: Dragon View.png (771x679, 48K)

>Lufia II
Came here to post this, based as fuck. Holy shit I loved that game.

Tales of Phantasia was a miracle on the SNES.

Attached: 1475334791421.jpg (1400x787, 263K)

>Arche
>That tiger look
You just KNOW

Adding to this, I only touched upon the North American library, not even mentioning the tons of games that never got imported from Japan, but most of the good ones have had translations for decades now, such as Secret of Mana 3 and here.

>Terranigma
Superb fucking taste. Theme of my childhood:
youtube.com/watch?v=S3mqIDAVObA

How did Quintet manage it bros.

Attached: terranigma ark.jpg (900x645, 477K)

Threadly reminder that anyone who believes Hagane was a blockbuster exclusive is a fucking idiot with no proof.

this

everyone knows that L1 is basic and shit compared to L2.

the only think i like about it is the kick ass poster i found at my flea market not too long back. shit looks metal as fuck.

The Mega Man X and Donkey Kong Country trilogy are a must. Yes even 3.

could you post a pic?

>I never had a SNES growing due to poorness. What SNES games should I play? I've already played Super Metroid and Zelda ALTTP.
Perfectly decent starting points. Try out FF6 next, see if you like JRPGs. If you do I'd give FF4 (fan translation of JP hard version, make sure to get this version not the censored easy mode American version) and FF5 and spin afterwards, then Actraiser, Seiken Densetsu 2 & 3 (2 was "Secret of Mana" in US, 3rd never came over), Breath of Fire, Terranigma, and some of the others already in this thread. I'd save games like Tales of Phantasia and Chrono Trigger for last, they came at the very end of the SNES run and were some of the most technically ambitious titles.

There are tons of great non-RPG titles too of course, it was an amazing console. Just trying to focus on one segment, Mario and various shmups and all sorts of other stuff can fill ages more.

youtube.com/watch?v=RBnYGYa6l3M

Attached: 1270897651506.jpg (1280x800, 51K)

Phone pic, sorry

Attached: 20190430_213649.jpg (4032x3024, 3.47M)

Yoshi's island my dude

That's indeed very nice! Great find.

Super Mario World of course.

Ogre Battle and then Tactics Ogre were excellent tactical games if you like that sort.

it was in a pile of papers and such
and then i noticed the Lufia L shape

i wish it was a shirt, but i'd wear the fuck out of it until it was in tatters like i did my Illusion of Gaia shirt.

let us cling together probably still one of the best tactical rpgs ever. though for someone starting now one of the ports, or psp remaster might be better to go with. matsuno came back for it even though he'd long since quit squeenix since he cared that much about the game.

can you be banned for posting this outside of /vr/?

no, fuck off

ps2 was the first real console, shit before that was just training wheels leading to the king. COPE

>Lufia
The only Lufia I played is the remake for DS.
It was pretty fun but I bet the original fans hated it.

Attached: 5265 Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals (US)-190415-031910.png (1920x1200, 889K)

I really don't think so. The rules are simply talk about vidya.

its...its own thing to me...

not a remake, more like a re imagining of the plot.

Attached: smrpg.jpg (380x263, 31K)

Probably the most atmospheric SNES games other than Super Metroid

Attached: smt.jpg (640x1171, 106K)

i dont understand user they dont look very kawaii

I'd go for Seiken Densetsu 3 instead of Secret of Mana unless you've got a buddy to play it co-op.

>I'd go for Seiken Densetsu 3 instead of Secret of Mana unless you've got a buddy to play it co-op.
I'd play SoM first still. It's still a fun game worth a run, and SD3 is a big improvement/change so it's less fun to play SoM second.

Fuck yeah. Dragon View was awesome.

Attached: MAXIMUM_BROFIST_by_Defiant_Ant.png (982x658, 872K)

Step aside boys

Attached: 81KKG+GesqL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1500x844, 163K)

You can get the rerelease on Steam with added extras and full controller support. This game is still great on the SNES, but it's been obsoleted, which is just as well since loose carts of it go for $200 now.

This game, everybody should play and beat this game, it's the perfect example of challenging but reasonable, focus on the gameplay and great replayability, if you can't beat this game you are a complete scrub and should leave Yea Forums for ever.

Attached: super punch out.jpg (480x360, 22K)

>Illusion of Gaia
hngh I fuckin loved that game, it was goofy as shit