Problem with MK 11 and NRS' games that no one's addressing

With how much shit this game got thrown into it, I can't believe no one addressed one of it's main flaws - STORYLINE.
And I don't mean actual sub-plots that make the whole story, I mean the overall plot.
How many times did we get a NRS game where the storyline is about going through dimensions/timelines/realities already?
This shit started with Deception and Armageddon and got worse with time:

>MK Deception: It's not that bad, but we already got the >MAIN BOSS TRIES TO ALTERNATE REALITY storyline, we travel through realms and there is a time factor
>MK Armageddon: Again, not that bad, but if you played through Konquest mode, time aspect is very important and the game ends with a reality change.

It got "better" after MKA:

>MKvsDCU: storyline is all about alternate reality of MK universe (AND DC universe), which is all about merging of realities. Complete clusterfuck. Non-canon at least.
>Injustice: alternate realities withinDC universe.
>MK 9: Alternate timeline of MK universe and time travel.
>MKX: Not too bad, but kinda alternate MK4 storyline
>Did not played Injustice 2 so IDK
>MK 11: Multiple timelines, realities, time travel, etc. Another reboot

Netherrealm Studios - CAN YOU STOP?

Attached: 0uuk82sksc321.jpg (750x932, 62K)

Really? No responses for a legit problem? And 9th page after 11 minutes? This is wrong.

OH NO NO NO NO NO
HAHAHAHAHAHA
FLOP
SJW BURKA HALF NAKED MEN
HOW WILL NRS EVER RECOVER

>brother of one of the most iconic characters
>said to 'have his own agenda' every game
>in contact with chaosrealm
>motives remain unclear
>>>>>never relevant in story, just one or two fights
Indefensible.

Attached: noob.png (1280x910, 264K)

this but unironically

They should reboot this shit already

This but unironically

no one cares about the story on a fighting game

No one cares about MK11. Fuck off.

He is basically just Quan Chi's goon now, nothing else.
It's more amazing to me how Scorpion through all the games had a feud with SZ even though he already knew he isn't his Clan's killer, like even in MKX. And he wasn't even that killer in the 1st place.
Main MK character my ass, Scorpion is a brainlet.

The problem with MK11's story is the same characters are soaking up all the screen time because they have past and present counter parts. Also the same characters have multiple chapters.

Based and baitpilled
Cringe and snorepilled

>caring about story in a fighting game.

Sorry OP, but this argument isn't going to get you anywhere.

>have it on switch
>have turbo controller
>make insane AI that cant lose and let him loose on the endless tower
>turbo controller just sitting on A so it skips though everything
>all this money and Boon cant stop me

i really enjoyed the story of MK11. better than GoT now kek.

>Scorpion is a brainlet
Fucking understatement right there
>Raiden, a god, tells him if he spares Bi Han he might be able to resurrect his whole clan
>kills Bi Han anyway
>complains about his clan being dead all the time after this
Any respect for his character went out of the fucking window after that.

He became a quarterbrain around MK4, if you cared about the storyline. After that it's beyond pathetic that he was like MUH CLAN still and still disliked SZ. EVEN though he knew it's another Sub Zero. Even though at this time he knew it wasn't even the original SZ who killed his Clan.

The problem to me, appears that, they wanted 9 to be the last reboot. They got in bed with DC, and comic nerds EAT THAT SHIT UP

>caring about storyline in a fighting game
Proof you don't even play. Nobody gives a shit about who does what, it's supposed to just be kicking the shit out if each other and looking cool.

Seriously, when this shit came out in the 90s it was just an edgy game with blood, cheat codes, and a deep voice saying "you suck". Literally everything that appealed to preteen boys at the time.

>Proof you don't even play
I'd argue that's aboslute proof that he does as no one plays MK for the gameplay when much better fighters are available. You only ever played it for the plot, cool characters, hot babes, techno music, and gore. And most of that is gone now.

have sex

people literally only buy MK for the story

>not spamming uppercut to see different stages
>not bullying your little brother with bicycle kicks
>not realizing sweeps were more efficient than learning combos
The gameplay didn't have to be deep to be fun, user.

Who gives a shit about a fighting game's story? You think most of Scorpion's fanbase even know's his real name?

who gives a shit about mortal kombats gameplay?
people were buying this garbage when it was irredeemable trash in PS2 times.
the MK audience is story and single player first, multiplayer second.

the real problem with MK is that shaolin monks was the best application of the universe

shaolin monks is good because the universe is way cooler than any sort of gay possible storytelling drama.
something like an RPG where you have to run around outworld would be cool too.

fighting games are literally the worst games to push writing.

except you're so fucking wrong about deception and armagedeon