How did Sega lose control of their brand licenses? The Sonic movie is as bad as those shitty AtGames consoles

How did Sega lose control of their brand licenses? The Sonic movie is as bad as those shitty AtGames consoles.

Attached: 58994407_327129814642772_7654636962862596096_n.jpg (720x415, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VTHsOSGJHN0
youtube.com/watch?v=RXBIWUzRg2M
breitbart.com/tag/jim-carrey/
youtube.com/watch?v=FvvZaBf9QQI&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=WgPIR89oYdg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What it could've been

Attached: 1556629059980.jpg (600x924, 108K)

>hating on soul

Attached: epik.png (355x304, 232K)

Even that would have unironically been better than this trash.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT THING

Oh my god, the drawing makes the thing on the left look a billion times worse

Why did they give him lips like that.

>Someone modeled that and thought it looked good
Even putting aside the fact that it's Sonic, it looks completely unappealing

*bites your finger off*

Attached: sanic.jpg (1142x801, 320K)

Jesus it looks so fucking bad how did they make it look so bad?! Is everyone working on this blind how tone deaf are the execs to think that abomination on the left looks passable at all.

>"IT HAS TO LOOK REAL! HOW ARE PEOPLE GOING TO TAKE THIS SONIC MOVIE SERIOUSLY IF IT DOESN'T LOOK REAL?!"

hire this man, right now

what are the chances that sonic makes a meme reference within the first 15 minutes of the film?

Being a Sonic fan is like being a Marvel vs. fan at this point.

You may or may not believe me but before 13 min ago i thought Yea Forums is shitposting some fanmade movie or something. Now i bothered to lookup the trailer. On one side i'm more dissapointed in humanity, on the other side i know now that even the fucking Monster Hunter movie with fucking Milla Jovovich isn't the worst Game-Movie adaptation anymore.

How badly would the world implode if, however miniscule the chance, the movie actually turns out good?

No one thinks it looks good, you fucking retards. It's about making money, not appealing to the god damn fans. It's just like the mario movie, everyone involved with it hated it and thought it was shit but they still went through with it because they knew it'd sell.

There is a 500% chance there will at the very least be a sanic reference

Isn't the whole movie already a meme?

SEGA

Jim Carrey Dr. Robotnik origin story movie when?

Attached: E_Jim_Carrey_Sonic_04302019-630x354.jpg (630x354, 23K)

Why did they have to go for that monster when they could have made a computer graphics Sonic anyway?

Yes, actually. SEGA has no real input in regards to the film.

user. They did hire him.

Attached: 1539181658372.jpg (1000x1000, 222K)

Jim Carrey will save this movie and you will all eat your words. Screenshot this post.

It's the paper test. You hold up a piece of paper to your teeth to see how far away from true white they are.

It's this one.

What the FUCK were they thinking?

Yeah but Mario Bros had the excuse of trying something out. We all know by now that game to movie adaptation suck ass, and they still try it.

No doubt he'll be the best thing about the movie but everything else is going to fall flat.

The part in the trailer with the army guy wasn't funny at all. If that's one of the best parts to advertise the movie with, he's not saving shit.

Carrey is an asshole, anyway.

I doubt it. People give him too much credit. All of his good films are good on their own, he just helps improve them. Films like the cableman show that carrey is unable to hold a movie on his own.

whoever thought giving him human teeth was a good idea deserves the electric chair

what do you mean

The Cableman is one of his best movies though.

NINTENDO HIRE THIS MAN

Why did the "cartoon inserted into live-action" type movies went out of style?

Attached: 1556655175638.jpg (500x340, 67K)

If we're talking actually good content and not so bad it's good, then yes. He's the only one that might actually bring anything interesting. If nothing else he knows how ridiculous everything is, he'll just crank that energy into 11.
Everything else though, don't hold your breath.

>blue arms
fucking dropped

it genuinely looks they have carefully made the worst possible decision for every aspect of the movie, and i can't wait to see how it pans out. 10/10 hyped

These people are insane. Who thought this was a good idea? Are they so utterly detached from reality in their hollywood homes and child orgies?

I'm gonna be fair and say Jim Carrey will be the best part of the movie, hands down, but that does not mean he's saving it. Literally nothing aside from him looks even remotely good.

I'm guessing a mix of being expensive to look good and being too aimed towards children, meaning a fully animated movie is usually the better solution instead of a mix. Now with this trend of realistic cartoon franchise, these people pretty much tapped into the one franchise that should make them realize how bad that shit is.

imagine thinking that cringy shit is any bit good

the one on the right is pretty terrible too though. Still has a weird mouth and looks like it was drawn by a classic pedo.

Unironically hire this man, please

>How did Sega lose control of their brand licenses?
I honestly have no idea. It's been said that even Sega didn't want this and that the directors were actively disagreeing with Sega on stuff like the eyes.

This is the after credits stinger for the movie to hint at a sequel.

It’s in the trailer.

Let that sink in.

The Cable Guy is good. Imagine not liking kino like that. Zoomers will never understand

The last half of this decade has turned the world into an embarrassing nightmare

There will unironically be autistic riots in theaters if they pull that shit.

too much work, waaay too much work and that mean it is extremely costy, beside all good animators are now retired and all we got nowadays are cal-art tier shit

Because of two things:
The first is that lately, retarded hollywood execs have started coming to the conclusion that stylized, colorful animation is unpopular, despite this being demonstrably wrong as seen by the popularity of things like Enter the Spiderverse.
The second is the completely incorrect notion that has also taken hold that 3D animation is cheaper than modern Traditional animation.
Both of these are why you're also seeing all these shit-ass "liveaction" remakes of 2D animated movies lately. (Excusing the Jungle Book remake, which actually served a purpose beyond just being "animated movie but uglier")

I remember there were a lot of people defending the Pokemon one. Why is nobody defending Sonic?

Left isn't good but the one on the right isn't either. It's supposed to be Sonic in our world not a fucking Roger Rabbit cartoon character.

Looks like the leaks were real. The worst part is yet to come lads. He hasn't even flossed yet.

Attached: file.png (506x759, 62K)

Why the fuck do you guys keep saying this

It’s most likely halfway, we saw sonic use rings as a portal in the trailer so at some point they through to mushroom hill

LOOK AT HOW THEY MASSACRED MY BOY

For the life of me, I can't understand a single idea of this movie. Seriously, I'm trying to think like a director or producer but nothing comes up. It's just a series of bad decisions, every single one.
If you consider how big merchandise is for this type of movie, who the fuck is going to buy a nightmare sonic plushie? Pokemon merch will skyrocket after its movie. Sonic will crash and burn that not even stores will bother to stock anything Sonic related.

Sanic is guarenteed and Sonic will do the Zoomer dance.

it was a terrible strain on the cartoonists wrists to do that

yeah but he hates Trump, and isn't politics more important than the actual performance?

That's like saying the best part of chemotherapy treatment is all the weight youre going to lose, you still have cancer and there is no chance in the slightest this movie will be good.

>implying Sega didn't massacre Sonic at least a dozen times before this
Granted, this is by far the worst shit Sonic has been a part of.

They'll do anything to justify it as bad. Suddenly everyone will become cinema sins and nitpick the fuck out of it.
Sonic looks like a midget furry cosplaying sonic. I do not like it one bit.
When will this photo realism meme die

Masses think cartoony= kiddy shit. It's why Disney is remaking all their movies in live action or "live" action in Lion King's case.

I tried to fix it

Attached: chilli dogs.jpg (640x466, 38K)

The Pokemon one does have a lot of things going for it, despite how fucking ugly the Pokemon actually looked.
>Set in the pokemon universe instead of being some "BELOVED CHARACTER GOES TO THE REAL WORLD XDDD" hacky shit
>The effort put into background details/environment design is genuinely fantastic and shows a lot of research has been done
It's not much, to be sure, but there's certainly more to like about it than the Sonic shitfest.

How? How is it different from literally any other cartoon they did? Its the same exact thing as making a couple of episodes of looney tunes. This excuse sounds like bullshit.

You're not being any better than the people you're mocking by bringing this shit up out of nowhere

I don't think cyclop sonic could work in this movie.

Because Hollywood likes having their star power show their face off as much as possible so that kind of face chance would come at the end, it's why super hero movies have them barely wear the mask.

One has SOUL the other has..............

Attached: pikasonic.jpg (1199x1200, 184K)

>source: my ass

Sonic looks so bad in this """movie"""

Actually really good

The "masses" are millenials and soon to be Gen Z, both of which are completely open about watching anime and such. Boomers are literally going to be fucking irrelevant in the next 5 years.

These are actually pretty damn good user.

AS I WALK THROUGH THE VALLEY OF THE SHADOW OF DEATH

You didn't do diddle shit

>Sonic is teleported into our world
>That means he should look like an insult to god
You're kidding, right? The script would still be terrible with the one of the right but at least it actually looks like the character. They already went with the cheap "fish out of water" excuse to justify that he's different, why the fuck should he look like a midget in a fursuit.

I exist even when no things are left

That's still pretty bad, user.
At this point, can we just admit that trying to put characters designed for 2D animation into live action is a fucking mistake unless you let them stay 2D?

Attached: 1536550549985.png (302x227, 4K)

>every Sonic fan right now

Attached: AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.png (1070x601, 507K)

>Viacom
Need I say more?

Lads, how the fuck do we save Sonic? What would it take at this point?

Americunts are stealing Asian original brands and bastardize it.

Fuck you Whitoid shits, you can only copy others nowadays.

Attached: i-am-not-saying-white-people-are-dumb-but-white-people-are-dumb.jpg (480x360, 88K)

Mania 2 and Generations 2

I TAKE A LOOK AT WIFE AND REALIZE SHE'S VERY PLAIN

Why are nincels obsessed with competing with this movie? It looks like garbage. The fact that you feel the need to point out your shitty pokemon movie looks slightly better than total trash is just sad

The Pokemon one actually seems to have people who respect Pokemon working on it, likely has Nintendo making sure the core ideas of the game are seen in the movie.
Sonic is a movie that Sega lost control over and the directors clearly just want to pretend it's not Sonic.

Detective Pikachu seems like it's just going to be a run of the mill Hollywood flick, which will be impressive considering the source material. The Pokemon designs, bar Charizard and Aipom, have even grown on me. Torterra looks fucking sick too. The attention to detail is also objectively stunning, the trailers always have something new I didn't notice before on subsequent viewings.

Point is, there's shades of a relatively competently made film with Detective Pikachu, meanwhile Sega and Paramount are not hiding how little they tried at all

Thats been their default state outside of Sonic Mania. At this point, it's par for the course

Thank you for removing the last she'd of meaning this weird even had. Here's your (You)

His hands are just white?

fuck off

They're always like that.

>>every *SEGA* fan right now
Literally the only people who aren't constantly being fucked by Sega's dumb bullshit are Yakuza/Total Warfags.

>implying
Sonic has been trash for well over a decade now, time to wake up

I'm already curious if Jon is gonna review that movie.

Attached: 51ags6rorgo21.png (592x594, 499K)

>unless you let them stay 2D?
Which is not that bad of an idea. Roger Rabbit and that Looney Tunes mode from the 2000s looked very well.

Total War has been pretty much destroyed, though I don't know if that's SEGA's doing or CA's.

Hands are so encrusted with semen that it no longer washes off.

Because Looney Tunes Back in Action made 68.5 million on a 80 million budget (not including advertising)

Better but the pupils are way too big.

Attached: sonic.jpg (944x1528, 163K)

Why do comic and game movies have to pervert and ruin the look of the characters so much? Like the S&M Xmen, Ninja Turtles, Power Rangers, etc., the people who go and see them aren't too smart.

What you said plus
>Pokemon still have correct proportions and just look like them selves with realistic texturing
>Pokemon from all generations (I wasn't expecting pokemon like Loudred or Pancham to show up, just genwunning)
>actually looks like how people would live with pokemon in urban locations

Literally what about Movie Sonic even resembles actual sonic beyond the head spikes?

since it has to do with videogames and not ads, the answer is no

blue arms

I know, that was my point. That sort of thing can look good if done properly.

>Literally putting the end reveal in the fucking trailer

He says Gotta Go Fast in like the first 15 seconds of the trailer

I tried to fix it

Attached: 1556655434256.jpg (937x585, 335K)

Chris-chan is gonna go on a shooting spree.

That's because it wasn't particularly good and spent too much time focusing on the human characters instead of the Looney Tunes, the ones we were there to see.
Oh wait, every single one of these shitty movies like Smurfs, Yogi Bear, Woodywood Pecker, etc, and no doubt Sonic, they all focus too much on the human characters instead of the ones we're there to see.

Attached: 400.jpg (400x400, 138K)

perhaps. but Reddit and the YT will spam his twitter until he gets a sponsorship deal from Paramount or something like that.

Yes, it's not like the first movie adaption of a Japanese franchise that the Americunts shat on.

Because Sega don't give a shit anymore.

Attached: 1556630312902.png (1120x630, 411K)

>last she'd of meaning this weird even had

>the sky is blue i swear

Sega forcing M2 to use the hardware that Atgames was already working on for the new genesis classic is more depressing.

You can dissect why it was bad all you want, but the point still stands.

Even tho it is a fictional character i feel nothing but sympathy for Sonic. All the shit he has to go trough, just stop man.

sega and sonic team need to take a massive step back and evaluate everything that people like about each piece of sonic media, then reboot the series with those things in mind.

>because some incompetent hollywood fucks shat up a few movies, that means all of murrica is literally Satan!
Ebin.

Is that a meme?..

>I honestly have no idea.
I think it had something to do with the movie license trading hands from Sony to Paramount. Sega seemed to be actively involved with the project when Sony was working on it, to the point where Sega even planned to have most of the animation work done by their Marza Planet studio. Ever since Sony handed off the license off to to Paramount, however, Sega has had barely anything to do with it.

They likely have little to no active involvement whatsoever, just like Bethesda/id Software have nothing to do with that upcoming Doom movie. I can't imagine the Hollywood tricks that were pulled to keep Sega from shutting this move down.

Attached: 1544084035118.gif (220x260, 1005K)

Sonic will floss. Is that meme enough for you?

youtu.be/VTHsOSGJHN0

The basic plot of the film already leaked months ago. At the end of the movie, Eggman ends up in Sonic's world, fatter and resembling how he does in the trailer.

what
I thought they were making their own hardware

He's probably right, the movie will wrap up with Robotnik being ring'd to mushroom hill to get rid of him, the stinger will be him completing a device powered by the local fauna that allows him to return home, this'll be what he looks like after all the time it took.

Attached: tm.jpg (625x415, 45K)

Somebody make the Sad cat edits already!

Attached: 1537154166956.jpg (1300x1000, 197K)

>last she'd of meaning this weird even had

Attached: 1527628671497.png (500x610, 270K)

Because they're doing software and taking over any new changes to the hardware, they're able tos say "made by M2". But M2 isn't really allowed to throw away any of the work atgames has already done.

You're really good at repeating that fat cuck sterling

That still looks disturbing for different reasons. I honestly think the better idea would have been to just give him shorter, chubbier proportions like classic Sonic. The long thin legs are just an eyesore in this instance.

source: the leak

I don't know but it's probably the same reason they turned pokemon into the same look for that other movie.

I hate the fact hollywood sometimes makes movies to renew their license on a brand and do nothing with that brand until they need to renew it again. Like, if you have no plans for that brand, why bother doing anything to renew it?

But when is Maria?

This whole decade has been complete fucking shit. As much as I hate saying this...

We live in clown world.

Do people actually like Jim Carrey?
Isn't he essentially just Adam Sandler?

to keep others from doing anything with it.

Attached: 1_0.jpg (1022x576, 66K)

it looks better but still bad. not your fault, sonic just isnt meant for a live-action space. it'd be like if they did a mickey mouse movie

I can point to a hundred movies that bombed whose mistakes are still being repeated. But just because it involves cartoon characters, the issue stands that the cartoons are the problem? All I have to do is point at animated movies to show I'm right. Inside Out could've had live action for the "real world" parts of the story. It might've been a bit distracting but as long as everything else stayed the same, same script, same emotions, etc, it could've worked. This is an abomination.

Attached: you silly guys should really check em.jpg (1200x675, 87K)

Comic fags have bitched about that for years. What are you on about?

unironically better than what we're getting

learn to hold a conversation without using epic maymays

The end reveal will be Tails, setting up a sequel that never happens.

This is gonna be terrible. Flossing is going to be out of style even among the kids who do it unironically by the time the movie is out.

Attached: 1555064832808.png (452x388, 42K)

I'm betting giving up control was the only way to get a movie done.

how can they fuck up something so simple

I always got the impression that Sandler just stopped trying and is only making movies with his friends at this point because it's fun.

Why is Hollywood so obsessed with turning cartoon characters into realistic looking ones?

Attached: 1399213997215.png (603x621, 253K)

This looks like the best worst movie of all time, this is some Super Mario Bros movie shit

Because studio execs see animation as the bastards child of the film industry, and we no longer have a member of the Disney family around to advocate for it.

At least Super Mario Bros has a charm to it from there being decent practical effects, at least some people cared. This is just fucking lazy ass computer garbage.

I legitimately don't see what's wrong with doing a Pixar-esque animated Sonic film. Why in the fuck would you ever do live-action Sonic?

It blows my mind they have the same company who did the Unleashed opening (and another studio that did the Shadow The Hedgehog opening) doing work on this movie. What a fucking disaster of poor choices.

>the trailer ended up being WORSE than any of our predictions
I'm almost impressed

its a sonic movie
of course it has to be atrociously bad

>can we just admit that trying to put characters designed for 2D animation into live action is a fucking mistake unless you let them stay 2D?
I'm not really sure what kind of point you're trying to make here when Sonic already has a design that works in 3D. The issue is that Paramount thought going the "super-realism" route was the smarter choice for a character that is literally considered an alien (as far as the movie's concerned) when they could have easily just stuck with his traditional look with some added detailed fur or whatever.

Companies are not people. Those projects you mentioned were 15 years ago

SMASHING

>Excusing the Jungle Book remake, which actually served a purpose beyond just being "animated movie but uglier"

What was the purpose of it?

>Americunts are stealing Asian original brands and bastardize it.
Sonic was literally made with American appeal in mind. Japan has never cared about Sonic.

Marza can and has still put out quality. Not sure on Blur, though.

No

Attached: Sonic OVA2.gif (480x368, 3.09M)

Why do people keep forgetting that putting human-like eyes and teeth on animals is taking a dive right in the middle of the uncanny valley?

Attached: PhotoGrid_1483836781547_1024x1024.jpg (1024x1024, 160K)

Stop letting Sega of Japan and Sonic Team handle Sonic and just give the IP to the American branch. They're one of the main reasons we got Mania and its series of shorts.

>Detective Pikachu is doing realistic pokemon, let's try that with Sonic!

You do realize they purposely made him shit to spark interest in seeing the movie, people will see literal shit like this just for the memes

Attached: 1534812860064.png (540x363, 152K)

The original Jungle Book movie is actually incredibly different to the book, with a notable example being that Kaa isn't a villain at all in the original. The "Live Action" version of Disney's Jungle Book is much closer to the original plot. If you're a filthy fucking WEEB Yea Forumsfag, it's comparable to the whole Fullmetal Alchemist 2003 VS Brotherhood situation.

Carrey is way too fucking old to be doing his crazy 90s act.

Seriously, why does every single movie like that focus on some boring humans going through a breakup, divorce or whatever
Does hollywood just have a template they use whenever they're adapting non-movie characters?

WE KEEP SPENDING MOST OF OUR LIVES LIVING IN A TROLLSTA'S PARADISE

Attached: 20190429_183445.jpg (937x806, 196K)

user, I don't think you realize that those memes actually don't have much bearing on reality. If something looks like total shit to the point where almost nobody's trying to defend it, it bombs. See: The new Ghostbusters.
It'll probably still do well in China, though.

>soulless
>soulless

Everyone would have made Osmosis Jones comparisons. God, that movie was awful.

>The second is the completely incorrect notion that has also taken hold that 3D animation is cheaper than modern Traditional animation.
They don't think it's cheaper (it clearly isn't), but generally that it's way more profitable. Kids respond better to CG than traditional animation for whatever reason, at least in terms of dragging their parents' wallets to the theater.

where's the leak?

>Kids respond better to CG than traditional animation for whatever reason
I honestly don't believe this is true at all. There's just more CG these days, so there's a bigger sample size. It's definitely not true if we're talking in terms of TV shows anyways, with how well shit like Teen Titans Go did.

The couldn't get this song for jojo but they were able to get it for this garbage.

>Does hollywood just have a template they use whenever they're adapting non-movie characters?
You're just noticing this now?

Attached: 1556651277474.jpg (720x720, 50K)

I gotchu, senpai.

Attached: vulnerable.png (640x466, 327K)

>you are just now manually realizing every piece of pop media is made according to a template
I just hope to god you're underage, as weird as it feels to say.

i liked osmosis jones, but that's mostly because i'm an artfag and the animated parts of that movie are fucking gorgeous

Attached: 60 - tjmNfSh.jpg (480x480, 16K)

So vulnerable.

>It's even the same actor
Does he just not work well with humans or something? I won't even be surprised when most of the movie is them standing still while talking instead of actually doing something.

Not underage, just a clueless yuropoor, I'm not sure which is worse

>the autistic sonic community right now

Attached: sak.jpg (847x579, 79K)

dumb phoneposter

kek

Has Chris said anything yet?

so when do we get a nazi edit of this?

FFFFUCCCCKK

The issue with Osmosis Jones was just that it was unfocused as hell. Clearly whoever was in charge of art knew what he was doing while whoever was in charge of the live action just wanted to hang out with Bill Murray and force him to do gross stuff.
If they re-released the movie that only had the animation parts, I'd watch it.

Hey...
This Sonic design is oddly familiar.
Didn't Ken Penders pitch a movie back in the 90s?
When was Jim Carrey at his most popular?

Is this the... Ken Penders Sonic movie?

I'm really hoping that this ends up as a so bad it's good movie.

what? Jim Carrey seemed quite out of place there. in fact, he looked like he tried to be funny but failed.
all in all this Movie will be the Mario Bros. live action movie.
at least I really hope it's more of a so bad it's good situation.

Probably the worst thing I've seen all fucking year. Thanks Hollywood and Sega.

I feel like apologizing to the guy who made that video. Clearly I was wrong when I said that it was one the worst redesigns for Sonic. This movie just proved me wrong.

>Eggman works for the government.

Have the people who made this movie even played a Sonic game?

Oh okay, you're forgiven then. The entire American media is just canned templates.

Literally some sort of gremlin goblin thing.

You fags still don't get it do you? It's not a movie. It's a documentary. Universes merging soon.

Attached: af8f2e8fc88b02f06304ffe21dd6b8b8.jpg (500x402, 28K)

>
both look shit on their own right.
none of the look better than the other.

According to the same guy who leaked the plot, Sega HATED the design, but they were retarded and signed over too much creative control and had no leverage to change it.

This looks so unbelievably awful it's like they took every single stereotype that Yea Forums has ever greentexted about and made a movie for a trailer

At least the one from the video doesn't make me want to scream in fear. That's more than I can say for the movie one.

>THE MERGE IS HAPPENING

of course Drumpft would send all his army resources and hire crazy people to hunt down a hedgehog

I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

Wow. It managed to be worse than I thought.

Attached: 1541205271926.png (500x500, 201K)

THINGS THAT SHOULD NOT BE

To be fair his grandpa worked for government to make Shadow in SA2

Fucking phoneposting newfags

Attached: 13251.jpg (524x468, 51K)

>the completely incorrect notion that has also taken hold that 3D animation is cheaper than modern Traditional animation.
That's not incorret, you ignorant jackass, 3D animation IS FAR cheaper than 2D. Drawing all the animated frames take MUCH more time than modeling, texturing, rigging and animating all together, and although rendering also takes a shitton of time, that is done by having computers working at it 24/7, while contracting hundreds of animators to draw for the same worktime would be much more expensive.
Stop spouting bullshit about matters you know nothing about.

Attached: 1386879516652.gif (340x190, 2.44M)

what the fuck is this

>giant mushrooms
OH FUCK KNUX IN THE SEQUEL

Should've made trump play robotnik to be honest family

1. You didn't do it
2. It's arguably worse

Phoneposters are the worst.

Where's Vin Diesel and/or the Rock?

Attached: 1554763479608.jpg (1920x1080, 178K)

They have no vision or concept of stylistic appeal so they just make everything "real".

Nobody's going to go watch this shit thinking its going to set the world on fire, you watch it to have a good laugh at the "so bad its good" content. Worst case scenario it'll be mediocre and nobody will remember it happened three days later.

A movie's final version is often completely different than its first draft. I have no doubt OJ was at one point a good movie. Then some producer told the writers to put in grossout humor so kids would stay interested.

>mushroom hill zone
>the mushrooms are just giant generic mushrooms like you'd buy at a grocery store
why

Don't hug me I'm Scared

Attached: 3245242.jpg (296x217, 8K)

I guess it won't reach SMB movie tier levels to become memorable.

Knuckles in the sequel.

I still have a hard time believing they allowed this to happen after The Pendering

Funny thing about Osmosis Jones is that, for the most part, the animated sections of the movie are pretty accurate representations of what happens in your body. For the most part, there are some things that are straight up wrong.

Who gives a shit. This movie will flop then no one will talk about it again just like with every video game movie.

People will come up with all sorts of stuff to explain why, but the real reason is that Hollywood is ruled by jews and jews get a smug satisfaction from taking something nice to look at and turning it into an ugly caricature of itself.

dude, what about the Mario brothers?
that movie is still talked to this day. it's not obscure and nobody has forgotten about it even though they want to.

>Set in the pokemon universe instead of being some "BELOVED CHARACTER GOES TO THE REAL WORLD XDDD" hacky shit

I never really thought about how common this trope is in western media, or how the opposite trope, a normal guy going to a fantasy world, is really common in anime.

Pretty much. He just wants something to do when he's high and shitty movies are it.

Turning a cartoon character into a fully 3D one can be done, it's just a matter of if they give a shit or not.

Attached: spongebob.jpg (290x330, 27K)

Isekai needs to fucking die as a genre.

This wasn't made to make money. This was made as a tax write-off/cheaply use the license before it expires/toss some money to firms the studio is chummy with. Source: I worked in the film industry for 9 years. It is 100% a facade.

Pokemon gets some points because at the end of the day, pokemon are supposed to be animals, and animals can be really ugly and disgusting.

What's going to happen to the Sonic franchise after this bombs hard?

Attached: 1556632330678.jpg (2944x794, 368K)

nigga fuck you I love shield hero and this raccooon

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-04-06-13h23m49s845.png (1920x1080, 1.86M)

Isekai used to be about young women getting transported to appeal to girls: Escaflowne, Inuyasha, Spirited Away.
Now it's about IRL losers becoming fantasy heroes to appeal to otaku.

>Sonic 06
>Sonic Genesis
>Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric
>Sonic Forces
>Sonic Movie

At this point, Sonic fans are the battered housewives of video game fandoms.

Shit, you're right. I'm gonna go call th

Pretty good nightmare fuel on the left. Could be an unironic kino horror flick.

half the reason sega imploded was because it didn't control licensing nearly as well as nintendo

Attached: 1554949483384.gif (100x100, 2K)

Wouldn't it make sense if sanic looked for chaos emeralds instead of rings?

Close, part of that.

If they keep the movie rights, they can sell them forward for a shitload of money.
Owning them is an investment.

>tfw yakuza fag
I can feel cringe bullets whizzing past me

That's poetic, because this movie's script and direction was done both fast and furiously.

chaos emeralds aren't nearly as known to normies as rings.

Have you looked at the development for space jam, it's a wonder that movie was made at all. I imagine giant rocks of cocaine were moved in that one year and many many suicide notes were thrown in the garbage

We're safe for now yakuzabro, lets hope it stays that way

Attached: 1556466654414.gif (100x100, 548K)

I just dont get it. Sonics design is heralded as one the greatest ever, acknowledged as playing a huge part in his continued survival. Why did they change it so drastically? Why did they completely reinvent a design thats survived years of abuse? Did they really think people would resonate with a more "realistic" take?

It'll continue to release shit games and the autismos still clinging on to the franchise will continue buying them.
I hate myself

That's dead fucking wrong, though. The money spent on making all those models, getting all the tech needed for mocap, rigging, texturing, animating, superimposing the CG into scenes, it's all so fucking expensive that at this point the price of a modern CG movie is about equal to that of a traditionally animated one, especially when modern digital animation tools make the most expensive parts of pen-and-paper 2D animation (Coloring, compositing, FX animation, layering, generally anything that previously required incredibly expensive, elaborate setups or hundred of small korean children in sweatshops) a complete fucking non-issue.

I dunno why people are saying his legs are too long, theyre too short and well defined

Honestly? If the next Modern Sonic game fails, I think they steer permanently to Classic Sonic.

Yakuza had a "shitty" movie as well.
youtube.com/watch?v=RXBIWUzRg2M

Has this trope ever worked? I feel like it always fails but its an easy way for a script writer to make a story about it when they dont know the lore or ip

I wish I was a battered housewife haha

Because nothing will ever top Who Framed Roger rabbit.
Because artists are lazy or not as good. Because people can't write a good movie for shit anymore.

the list goes on.

Attached: whoframedrogerrabbit-theater.jpg (1545x717, 575K)

The Barbarian Gaijin insisted realism

For Isekai, the idea is escapism, and the writers of the majority of it are just too uncreative to do anything for interesting with the subject.
For the western thing, that was also a relatively common trope in anime for a while as well, to the point where Sakurai forbid the Kirby anime from having humans to avoid it. Of course, they just used not-humans and effectively did the same shit, but still.

The only thing worse than a shitty movie is a mediocre one, which is what the Yakuza movie was.

thanks doc, you forgot to hide it though

>easy way for a script writer to make a story about it when they dont know the lore or ip
Pretty much. The script might as well be factory made since all you really need is to change the names. It's the movie equivalent to mad libs.

Every decent IP in Japan either gets a shit live action movie or a stageplay, though. That's no biggie. Even Danganronpa got one.

the only film where the cartoons look like they really exist with the actors.

No user, that is actually the real Sonic the Hedgehog. Not CGI.
It has already happened.

>MUSHROOM HILL ZONE
I already want the sequel

But that movie bombed

DIGITAL STYLE

Do you think the people making this know anything about the games?

>do they know Carrey makes trump derangement syndrome court sketch artist crap and thinks it's good art?

he thinks this is art, i'm completely serious

Attached: Ds9XwrQXQAEfQcR.png (980x551, 1.32M)

The line he had with army guy sucked and that's probably the best joke of the movie

I don't get what everyone is flipping about. It's a dumb 90s nostalgia pandering adventure, looks literally like it's just for fun

It's funny you say that because the military guy that talks to jim carrey in the trailer was in Desperate Housewives

The concept art where he's a midget looked faaaaaaaar better.

Attached: dcue9wu-fe5047b9-bc5e-43b4-8599-aa5276e90703.jpg (391x357, 19K)

honestly even though majima looks like shit, his acting was... decent enough

Attached: 1556467087256.jpg (464x454, 47K)

Can someone please explain to me who this is even for?

Nothing will top Roger Rabbit because Richard Williams isn't going and didn't want to make another one, and also Hollywood hates Robert Zemeckis.

But live action Mario Bros. is actual kino

BUT THAT'S JUST PERFECT FOR AN AMISH LIKE ME

don't pretend this is any worse than the mountains of conservative political cartoon garbage out there

Making this movie was the only thing that brought any ease to his suffering.
breitbart.com/tag/jim-carrey/

Shareholders.

so, anybody care to explain why movie Sonic can create portals with rings?
this is so fucking ridiculous.
the ring's power gimmick in the Sonic SatAM show has been handled way better in western terms.

>no one will talk about it
user, this is designed to be "Angry Internet review" bait.
There will be a flood of videos talking about it and after those a flood of ironic ticket/DVD purchases and Netflix views.

motherfuckers got human teeth
what the fuck is this abomination?

>No one will talk about it again
If this was a Pacman movie maybe, people will be dunking on this for YEARS, its Sonic

The porn is keeping the fandom alive and relevant.
Not any of those.

I get that reference

Attached: 17-poochie-simpsons.w700.h700.jpg (537x537, 61K)

just looking at his "art" though...maybe dementia? they gave sonic to a man who has most of the symptoms of dementia

fuck these faggots user, I honestly think it's pretty good

You're pretty on point, user.

Attached: pixels.jpg (220x326, 117K)

I've been like that since Sonic Heroes with brief moments of clarity

you ever see the doc on how the movie was made. They had some serious dedication to make Roger Rabbit.

I have no doubt they could replicate the look of the cartoons with cg post processing , but they would still need great 2D animators.

looks good

Attached: Screenshot 2019-04-30 at 22.27.46.png (1437x667, 831K)

Undertale got an orchestra and a wrestler intro.

Jim Carrey lost it a long time ago user.

calling it now Pokemon movie will succeed cause furniggers, KANTOOOOOO Gen 1 pandering. just Pokenormies in general and Sonic will too cause of literal autist and curiosity of ''How bad can it be''
There is just no way they can bomb like AssCreed, Warcraft or Hitman

Attached: 153840194580.jpg (400x478, 63K)

looks like a guy in a costume
this is horrifying

I hate trailers.

You know reality doesn't work like that right?

Just because people talk about it doesn't mean it didn't bomb

I don't even know why they keep coming back really

> how bad it can be
Didn't the emoji movie succeed on this alone?

WHY DOES IT LOOK LIKE A PERSON WEARING A SONIC COSTUME

exactly.
this movie won't be an exception.

Cable Guy is literally his best film you cunt

it legit looks like someone in a theme park wearing a sonic costume

Why the FUCK are all the Robots from 06?

KEK

Now I actually like that design

Rogue looks cute in the racing game.

It makes working with the mo-cap material easier.

Sonic is literally being put behind a shed and shot. Putting aside the beyond negative reaction so far (just because people joke about it does not mean they will see it for the lols), it is opening 2 weeks before Frozen 2 upon which it will literally cut it's legs off.

You want robotnik to win, then?

pretty much, and Angry Birds also

It's not cheaper, it's just the end product is more consistent across larger teams. Instead of learning how to draw on-model, you just copy and paste the stock model.

Modern 3D animation talent is largely in the actual motion of the models, which is much more subtle than the look of the models; it's nearly impossible to look at animation these days and attribute the motion to a particular artist.

The main problem with all of this is that modern 3D animation artists seem to have lost the ability for good scene composition because they haven't had to toil to figure out what works and what doesn't. They just copy and paste their model into a scene, drop a camera somewhere, and call it a day. How many times have you watched a scene in an action flick with CGI these days and asked yourself "what just happened? it just looked like a jumbled mess."

Attached: 1555854260308.jpg (618x412, 37K)

Looks way better, good job

Jesus fuck paramount just wants to shit this out so they can keep the license isn't it?

Not bad at all.

angry birds was a pretty decent (redpilled) kids movie

Yes it literally looks like a lanky midget in a furry costume. I don't think even bored moms will take their babies to see it because he looks so horrifying.

I thought Detective Pikachu was going to be shit too but this made me realize it could be so much worse. In fact I'm actually interested in it now.

Jim carrey looks NOTHING like eggman. they didnt even try. they gave him a black suit and red goggles./.. and thats it. The fuck? No red and yellow? How do you fuck up this badly?

Attached: Damn4thchaosemerald.jpg (257x260, 20K)

where is his massive dick?

Why did they have gangsters paradise playing through the whole trailer? Didn't suit it at all.

Attached: peacock.png (367x351, 55K)

>Frozen 2
Thats a thing? Why? theres never been a single good 2 in disney animation

I think you didn't watch till the end of the trailer. He has the Eggman look at the end. However we know that's the post-credits scene

>orange man baaaaad
what a faggot

>didn't watch until the end

You did a pretty good job, user.

that concept image someone posted of carrey as eggman a few weeks back looked awesome
anyone have that?

what the fuck are those body proportions?

Leaked scene of Tails sitting on a bench

>Thats a thing? Why?
Look up how much the first one did

>theres never been a single good 2 in disney animation
I beg to differ

Attached: 51%2BChFtUOrL._SY445_.jpg (315x445, 40K)

>Went to see end game opening night
>Got tickets no problem despite it allegedly being sold out everywhere
>A total of 10 people in the theatre

Something tells me this wont be the case for sanic

Dummy

Attached: 1556636233876.png (564x273, 274K)

faggot

they have no idea who they are marketing for. gangsta rap is edgy, no?

And why is not fat????
They shouldn't show him without his goggles, makes it more mysterious
Also he should have a strange voice, not just a normal human voice
God fuck this movie

Yeah. Down under was horseshit. your point?

>Danny Devito eggman

Holy fuck that's perfect

because they started relying on current pop culture to much
Chipmunks started that trend of that humor

CG has gotten much cheaper over the years user, it is the truth that top tier 2D animation has become more expensive than 3D, due to the available assets that 3D animators have access to.
It depends on many things, however, it's not so black and white.
2D animation superimposed on live action though? Yea that's gonna be a MASSIVE budget and animators will be so overworked their fingers will fall off.

Actual animation student here.

CG anination has a much larger initial cost, but production is a lot more streamlined. Frozen was animated in like eight months compared to Princess and the Frog's two years.

The SMB movie is unironically much better than what this looks like. At least that had an unusual charm to it. This just looks like summer cash-in ass.

Looks better than Endgame and any of the newer Star Wars films. I'll go watch it. Fuck it.

Attached: 1522302929520.png (640x480, 377K)

I have a strong feeling you are not being truthful

Wait...

>Sonic the hedgehog
>Teaser for sequel is mushroom hill, ...from Sonic&Knuckles
Where the fuck is sonic 2?

The Pokemon design is Pokemon, just with more detail. Sonic19 has a bunch of retarded design changes that just overall feel wrong.

Attached: D5Z38J7UcAAc2_j.jpg (990x643, 61K)

OH GOD WHAT THE FUCK

Why are you hurting yourself like this?

'Member the early 90's?
'Member Sonic?
'Member Coolio?
'meeeeeeeeember?

Attached: member%20berries[1].png (512x512, 68K)

I live on a mountain user. The only people intrested in super hero movies are teens

Attached: d3dfcc93b8841ac674c2e95c8c7d357c.jpg (600x800, 41K)

>Something tells me this wont be the case for sanic
Yeah there will be 0 people in the theater

Holy fuck I've been through three different threads and nobody has linked the fucking trailer anywhere. I'm going to shit my pants. I swear to god I'm not searching for it on youtube, I don't want that responsibility.

>streamlined
i am so fucking sick of this word
every time someone uses "streamlined" to describe something new, it's always worse
every single fucking time

Attached: 010NotEvenMad.jpg (766x1024, 286K)

>Those baggy eyes
Jesus Fucking CHRIST Stanley, go take a nap.

I'm almost certain this movie is basically "The Producers" but in real life.
Every single step is a clear and intentional increment towards complete disaster.
This movie is MADE to bomb.

being a sonic fan is suffering

Attached: 1524023675936.jpg (720x960, 154K)

The pain helps to remind me that I'm still alive.

Attached: 1521496633301.png (592x592, 686K)

It's not going to turn out good, but people are going to bullshit themselves into thinking it's good for several years and then call you "stuck in the past" for not agreeing, re:Transformers 2007.

(you)youtube.com/watch?v=FvvZaBf9QQI&feature=youtu.be

Jews have no sense of physical proportions nor aesthetics and this is the result of that and their control of media.

They produce nothing but total fucking garbage.

Sticks was the best girl on that show... I liked her more than I thought I would.

and faggots like you apparently

the more i watch this trailer the more kino i think it is

will Chris be alright?

>Commander walters
I'm mad they ACTUALLY paid attention to GUN's chief of staff, and visibly nothing else.

That's just because you like the song and it's making it easier to swallow what you're seeing.

It's not just models
The berserk anime aparently had these super amazing and detailed models... that their work stations couldn't render at a workable pace to finish the episodes in time, because they took ages to pick and choose a look they wanted
So they downgrade the shit of their models in a rush
And it still didn't work because it was STILL taxing the shit of their mac workstations
So they ported everything to windows, and to speed things up since they had no idea how to work decently on windows they also ditched the global illumination for stock and static ones

To cap it all off the studio mostly does short form comedy animation in 2D, so they were unfit to animate all this shit from the start

you are in THAT process user.
in the process of becoming a faggot.

>The fucking GUN truck is in

Attached: GUN truck.png (1042x511, 738K)

it will actually grow more

It was popular around the time of the... Penders pitch.

That picture is fucking ancient and STILL would have been a fun watch

CHRIS WHERE IS THE DIMENSIONAL MERGE GODDAMNIT

I wonder if his thighs are soft or prickly

Videogames for this feel?

Attached: detective pikachu concept art vs release.png (1078x666, 533K)

Streamlining is not for the end user, but for the developer/creator
It makes things easier for them at the cost of making better stuff for you under the pretext of dropping the entry bar for indie creators/developers

They should’ve gave Roger Rabbit a watch to see how to fucking get this shit to work because that movie still looks and will always look amazing.

both are shit

Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary.

Attached: blacksigconceptart.jpg (599x361, 21K)

She's definitely one of my favorite gold nuggets in the shit pile that this franchise became.

Attached: 1520606684447.gif (640x360, 1.14M)

That's not GUN

so now that the trainwreck of a movie is confirmed to be absolute dogshit we can agree now that Mania and the original games and all the games was pretty dog shit as well yes?

Attached: 1516270385784.png (459x461, 222K)

Very based thank you.

>getting a new Sakura Taisen later this year
Nah

Attached: sakura.png (88x106, 10K)

Why they went for babyface?

Can we just, pause for two seconds and take in everything going on in this scene?

Attached: wow.png (1248x536, 1.02M)

imagine sonic inflation, but with the movie version of sonic

In this context, it just means the studio being effective in getting everything done within schedule. 2D animation can be a killer, specially when there are rewrites to the script, which happen often. In 3D, a small rescript can be done relatively fast. In 2D, it means redrawing everything from scratch again.

no it doesn't

Attached: D1EF4D9D-25FF-419C-858F-0066149EA4BF.jpg (1024x576, 50K)

Miku fans never got shafted
The games only stopped coming because the director has been making them non stop since 2007
But the 3D modeling and animation people are still working since they also do the 3D live concerts models and animations

There's a reason, actually many reasons, as to why Sega dropped out of the console race. They have 0 fucking focus and direction, departments seem to pull from each other and backstab one another all the time.

I hate Sonics design so much (all of them) but holy shit the right one actually somehow makes him look, not just good, but the first rendition of sonic that isn't disgusting

So a corpse that's been in the water for a couple of weeks.

Just stopped in to say you are a huge faggot, mate.

>no shadows

3creepy5me

In this case though it fucking is.

In 2D if something needs to be changed, it could potentially result in an entire scene needing to be redrawn, costing weeks of work. 3D is a lot easier to tweak.

Yes it does

Are those flying roombas?

basednic the hedgehog

Wonder how Chris-chan feels about the movie.

Attached: 2ef1966bda8a1d44e16bd5b2ed8cbe6f.gif (245x160, 1003K)

I still can't believe this is real, it feels like a goddamn dream.

Attached: 1554025023525.png (512x512, 297K)

They're not in the sunlight. You can see the shadow of the building behind them is being cast over their position

They dropped because SoJ hated SoA and vice versa
The dreamcast was straight up a home version of the naiomi board Sega had in the arcades and was developed by their arcade division

Who still makes money to this day in japan by making games and hardware for arcade machines

Blame the Jews for Hollywood, even normies know that one

I wish you kill yourself

no Orbot and Cubot. trash/trash desu.
and no Sanic frens or solo animal-saving.

that's why in 2D you plan your shit and get it right the first time instead of sniffing your own farts

Attached: DIGITALSTYLES.jpg (489x688, 80K)

Hey incels,

Sush. You're not supposed to have good ideas.

Nah, I blame out of touch and incompetent directors and shareholders

This is what happens when Japan keeps its head up its ass and doesn’t bother learning anything happening outside of itself.

Hey faggot,

Jews can't exist in a vacuum, consumer whore.

So how fast is Sonic canonically?
Some say 3000mph some say faster

Attached: 4d3ca96028f3ea5004e87b0f56e92154.png (546x846, 584K)

But it doesn't look real. It doesn't even look in the ballpark of real.

So let me get this straight:

>Sonic is an alien crerature from another world that attracts the eyes of GUN and the US military.
>They call in a "Specialist" to deal with him
>Robtonik is a human scientist who becomes obsessed with sonic's powers and golden incan rings
>through the power of hollywood and bullshit, human actors nobody cares about help sonic banish eggman to mushroom hill zone
>There he goes insane but he has sonic's quill so obviously he's okay.

Then why the FUCK didnt sonic go back to mobius if he has these rings? Why is he on earth to begin with? This isnt even station square asspull either. its fucking EARTH

Attached: 1501349262768.jpg (480x363, 14K)

>it's another LOL CWC GONNA SHOOT UP THE THEATER XD post

Attached: 1551125712141.png (411x412, 296K)

This is gonna make CWC go on a rampage isn’t it? The fbi should keep a close eye on Chris and all local gun stores near him.

Attached: FD51B4FE-093A-46E3-A21F-5EE2D7B01312.png (409x356, 132K)

Is there a reason people are shitting on this so hard but eating up Detective Pikachu?
They both look like the same type of lame shit.

cute fox shota

not an argument

There's no doubt in my mind that Sega does well in arcades. At home. That animosity between SoA and SoJ was mostly what I was referring to. Though come to think of it, I can't remember why they were at each other's throats so much. I guess they both wanted different things with the consoles they were developing.

like puppetry

I hope they show Sonic's feet after a good fun.

Imagine the smell!

The worst part was that Classic Sonic literally ALWAYS took place on earth, which makes all this bullshit even dumber. Why can't we just have SONIC OVA 2: BIGGER BUDGET EDITION instead of this trash? God knows it'd sell.

Attached: 1546677756383.png (1193x783, 1.3M)

Whoa shit you called that one.
>not an argument
not an argument

Attached: 1520759204354.jpg (500x375, 74K)

Thats pretty good mang. Left one seems so fucking creepy!

Based

see
Detective Pikachu looks like ass, too, but slightly less so.

the planets aligned

Attached: Capture.png (898x340, 90K)

>m-maybe the sonic movie will be mostly 2D animation an the marketing is just mostly showing the 3D real world stuff...r-right?

Fastest he's ever been? West coast to Utah in less than 8 seconds

not him but you never had an argument either, faggot.
I like how thoutless posts like these are.
the NPC meme is shit but it feels like it's real.

>Basically it looks like I'm gonna have to save your planet
It's every fucking "Alien creature saves Earth from other alien creatures" movie but with Sonic.

Apparently it was just racism
Japan hated the Americans and didn't like they made as much if not more money than the japanese branch
This is a comment from a SoA employee iirc, so take it with a grain of salt

I dont understand why people can like the live action pokemon and not like this

cgi is bad in both

I keep forgetting that exists.

There will be some hollywood bullshit where he needs to go really fast at the end but only after getting some special shoes. He runs, Robotnik is sent instead.
Cop asks "Why didn't you go back home?"
Sonic says "I've realized that Mobius is not my home. My home is where my friends are"
>Gangsta Paradise plays over the credits

based divination poster

Because the live actuin pokemon actually follows the plot of the game. This doesn't even remotely try.

I want to go back

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 77K)

One at least looks like their source material. This looks like an elaborate shitpost from 2010.

SEGA...

youtube.com/watch?v=WgPIR89oYdg

stay triggered incel

Attached: sonic leak was real.png (506x759, 65K)

So what if they'd just done an into the Spiderverse thing and had Sonic be some extradimensional being animated with classic 2D or game sprites? Would that soothe the autists?

Oooh I member!

Gen 1 is the the only legitimate gen of Pokemom, so of course it will do well. Everything after Gen 1 is literal garbage and shouls be retconned and purged from existance

Pretty much every Pokemon that isn't Pikachu that they've shown looks fucking horrific.

Attached: detective-pikachu-tv-face[1].jpg (656x342, 61K)

>Noodle limbed soi boi Cal Arts shit
I'd beat my child if I ever found him playing Sonic. I don't even know what I'd do if I caught him playing a version of Sonic that looked like that shit

nothing. you retards don't seem to understand that sonic isn't just "some franchise", it's a powerhouse backed by years of autism, market research, viral marketing and iconography. it survived sonic 06, it survived edgy the hedgy, it survived sonic lost world, it survived the sonic boom games, it survived sonic forces, it survived years and years of shitty ports and it'll bounce right back though memes and the reveal of the next mainline sonic game.

Attached: 1546907920283.gif (619x621, 794K)

ok, but WHY does he have electric powers?

>I'm calling him incel so this means I am winning!
off yourself. oh wait, you must have already prepared everything considering you cut off that schlong of yours years ago.

>well animated and story movies back then never got nominated on the basis alone they were animated

>Nobody learns shit from history, it repeats itself and now devolves into something even worst on this insecure basis alone

Thank you Hollowood, California

Jesus fuck you're retarded.

Go ahead, spend twenty years in preproduction.

Japanese xenophobia at work.

Imagine the sequel
>Tails shows up
>But he only has one tail

...and his fur was electric...

Like fucking clockwork

Attached: 1517697048616.jpg (480x552, 22K)

Don't forget confirmation biases with shitty animated movies like boss baby getting nominated and wining solely because it was the only thing the academy watched this year

Nothing. Most video game based films bomb hard.

Attached: 1232604500707.jpg (689x875, 610K)

SONIC
DOES NOT HAVE
BLUE EYES

ZAP TO THE EXTREME

Most Pokemon WOULD be horrific in real life, user.

But Psyduck is a sweetie

Attached: 1556085127649.jpg (948x435, 337K)

that thing looks like it would eat your soul, dumbass

>Sonic AND pikachu got this treatment

Mother of god

>"What's his name?"
>"Sonic, sir."
>"Sanic?! What kind of name is that?!"

Wondering the same
This never claimed it would though. This is just a plot using Sonic and Robotnik. It's not a recreation of the first Sonic the Hedgehog or anything. I think this looks unfunny and shitty and all that, so I'm not defending it, but in terms of visuals, Detective Pikachu looks like fucking garbage too. Worse, in my opinion, since it has way more creatures (Pokemon), as opposed to in this where it's just Sonic

How do you think he got so much?

This is why some stuff really shouldn't ever be adapted into live-action.

>that tiny bit of caution tape
They got one thing right, I guess.

Attached: 1529024707856.png (300x216, 84K)

>sonic blasts through the city really fast
>mother asks what was that?
>child draws sanic and shows her

>What is the emoji movie

>Neck
NO

It's not a mattrer of one being more expensive then the other, it's not that simple.

3d has a larger up front cost, since you need to indivually model and texture a ton of shit, but the more you actually use those assets in a production the more efifcient it becomes since after tha, it's just manipulating existing assets; wheras 2d has a lower up front cost, but the more 2d footage you need to animate the more costs start to balloon.

and then obviously how much time/effort you put into either also effects it.

this

Why is every Sonic redesign obsessed with making him tall and lanky? He's supposed to be a short, cute jerk.

Man, that looks dumb.

Attached: 1395925367002.gif (540x360, 2.45M)

>Movie was mostly 2D
>Was a box office success
>Yet modern 2D animated films are still a rarity
fuck

Real answer: Cartoons take money.
CGI takes considerably less money.

If you're putting out something that might fail anyway, you may as well make it where no matter what happens: You break even. The live action CG stuff is just a marriage between the two.

Fun fact: Who Framed Roger Rabbit was one of the most expensive movies ever made adjusted for inflation.

what does ip means

it means go Google it.

Attached: 1556646918384.png (1031x466, 740K)

Name a show that wouldn't benefit from an Alex Jones personality. Name one show.

Attached: arbiter.jpg (663x498, 24K)

Why does Hollywood hate Robert Zemeckis?

lol

Attached: 1556645496402.png (409x356, 189K)

>Movie was mostly 2D
>Was a box office success
Because it was mostly marketed with all the live action/CGI bits, which only make up the last 15-20 minutes of the movie. The movie being mostly 2D was a surprise to everyone.

I still don't get why it looks like that. Real ducks have really smooth feathers. Why the fuck does it look like big bird? That couldn't repel water worth a shit.

Please, please, PLEASE castrate yourself.

Because middle class surface-level shitter suburban moms can't tell when a product is designed purely to look cute and sell toys, or at the very least they tend not to be put off by the thought enough to stop from buying the toys. People will eat this stuff up.

add a Nintendo WiiU for maximum irony

-said the sonic autist

>we have to make it realistic
>still looks like complete CGI crap
might as well embrace the original design

this drains the soul out. if i want to play video games, I don't go to the movie theater

You’re horseshit, you faggot

I've never seen anyone talking about these on Yea Forums. Or anywhere else for that matter.

Attached: unknown[1].png (810x747, 1.29M)