How is it? It's on sale. Most reviews say it's promising but

How is it? It's on sale. Most reviews say it's promising but
>journalism

User reviews are all over the place.
Is the stealth gameplay good? Is there still any? Can I viably focus on sneaking through?
How is the Naval combat and it's customization?
Are the dlc's any good?
Biggest pro's and cons?

I don't particulary mind the ubi repeatesque gameplay if the exploration is good. The story is again balls to the wall nonsensical I guess?
I liked what they did with origins but the setting didn't appeal so much to me.

Attached: ac-kassandra.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

No stealth at all, enemies are massive health sponges, areas are gated by your level which turns into a grind after level 10. If you like RPGs and are willing to play a shit one you'll like it

it's the same fucking game as the other 12

Confirmed for haven't played it, it's similar to origins that's it. It's nothing like good AC games like 1 and blackflag

>Stealth
Nah. It's not really designed for it, you just crouch a little and hide in a bush but that's not really what I'd call a stealth game.
>Naval
It's shit, a huge step down from Black Flag and the customization isn't anything to write home about.
>DLC
So far, no. The Atlantis stuff does promise to be a little better, but it's not fully out yet.

Other than that, the game is a nice experience overall, but nothing mindblowing. The setting is beautiful, the story is servicable, the protagonist is a little dorky, gameplay is alright. The animations are garbage though and the superhuman stuff in the game might be a turn off for you, but that really just depends on you. Bottom line is, if you liked Origins there's a chance you'll like this even more, especially if you didn't like Egypt. It seems that one of the main reasons why people are so split between Origins and Odyssey is the setting.

>No stealth at all
user, I'm watching some gameplay right now and he's sneaking and making stealth kills.

>No stealth at all
That's not true, you can play a lot of combat in stealth (also some stealth skills are op)
>enemies are massive health sponges
this. Holy shit, I only play and abuse the stealth mechanics, because fighting enemies "fair" is an unpleasant time waste, especially if they have a shield.
>areas are gated by your level which turns into a grind after level 10
depends. If you try to clear each region you are in, you have no level problems, but if you want to rush the story, use a cheat engine
>If you like RPGs and are willing to play a shit one you'll like it
The game isn't shit or a scam, but it's not for everyone. It's long, it has a lot of time sinks and Greece is not really that impressive.

I only play the game to improve my Japanese. If the game wouldn't have had Japanese, I wouldn't have played it at all. Also this game crashes every hour for me without any error messages. If the game works for you and you either want to experience Greece in Japanese or you want a "grindy" open world game with loot and a little bit of an MMO feeling, then this game could be for you.

>superhuman stuff
Like what? And thanks for the thought out reply.

started playing this two weeks ago.

im addicted.

island hopping is a lot of fun. it's got the whole checklist thing on lock. it's a cool game to just zone out to. great environments, cool music, nice atmosphere. story is dumb, but doesn't detract from the experience.

legacy of the first blade is basically just a series of quests like you'd find in any region, only it's DLC, and it takes place in multiple regions throughout Greece. story again, is pretty bad.

fate of Atlantis is similar, but in a new region (a really beautiful one). has some modern day segments if you're into that.

I used an XP glitch to forego the stupid gating this game has. I'd advise you do the same if you get it, and before they patch in a fix.

pretty much the same shit as origins which is a witcher 3 clone (with better combat). the game looks gorgeous though with super high res character model textures, high geometry and high mest count models. the game is fun but an absolute grind fest. i'm trying to trudge through it now and have gotten to level 38 but am burning out real fast. half the map done but I can only play for 20 minutes at a time before saying that's fucking enough.

Origins is better.

It's the least bad ubisoft open world game that I've played. I wouldn't call it good or anything but I only decided to play it for the setting and some mindless fun and it's satisfied me in that sense. It's still full of copypasted content like a typical AC but some of the quests are actually alright.

>No stealth at all

You can literally stealth at any time.

origins was better imo, at best it's more of the same if not unnecessary. Surprising I care less for the greek aesthetic than egyptian.

No fall damage no matter how high you jump, literal teleporting abilities to finish enemies off in seconds, AoE shockwave attacks, literal fire coming out of your weapons, supercharged lightning arrow shots, that kinda stuff.

To me personally it felt like they really wanted to kind of copy what Shadow of Mordor did, but it didn't bother me.

Egyptian stuff has that mysticism and otherworldly aspect to it which is my guess.

Necessity or optional?

Wow, the sequel is worse then? Care to explain your reasons user?

I mean technically, it's optional, but the game really wants you to be a superhuman so you'd be doing yourself a disservice for not getting those skills.

It's truly awful.

Odyssey and Origins are the same game except for the setting and story. Origins has a more mystical world and a more interesting main character. Odyssey is filled with side content(too much of side content if you ask me) and has sailing and ship combat as a plus. But you will never have the same chilling feel like you have in Origins when you explore a old tomb. Origins is also a better historical recreation of Egypt than Odyssey is of Greece.

the game is literally a grinding simulator where you are doing the same generic missions to get enough exp to finally beat that mob that roadblocks you and kills you in 2 hits

it's not only an odissey problem it happened when asscreed jumped to be a "action-rpg" game

Dis.
Every cave, bandit hideout, army base looks and feel the same. Origins felt like they hand crafted the whole map, while in Odyssey they just copy pasted shit all over the place.

It’s basically a barebones RPG with pretty Greek scenery and architecture
Naval combat is the same as black flag but with less options, decent enough though
Story isn’t too bad mainly because it doesn’t involve the modern day shit too heavily
Stealth is pretty weird, it exists and has really useful skills but it doesn’t feel nearly as satisfying as the older games imo it’s hard to explain
Only played the start of the hidden blade dlc, it seemed decent but just more of the same
Overall it’s decent and refreshing at the beginning compared to the older games but you’ll probably get burnt out by the end of the story

it was made by ubisoft's reject b-squad studio, ubisoft quebec city

I like it but I stopped doing location clearing once I hit level 50.

is ship combat mandatory?

>It's the least bad ubisoft open world game that I've played.
This is probably the best way to put it, each individual mechanic doesn't have much depth or anything to it but between the three skill trees and how easy it is to respec at any moment, the ship combat, the "stealth", and what little screwing around with builds there is it gave me more variety than most open world games do.

it was the right choice to add player friendly design choices like invulnerability to fall from heights, and respec'ing only costing a few drachmae. the game can be tedius enough as it is

It's good. Same as origins but the story doesn't suck ass as much and actually is pretty decent at times. Alexios is best