Attack this

Attack this

Attached: 20190430_153128.jpg (1079x585, 294K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fPO76Jlnz6c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

look how they massacred my boy

Attached: son.jpg (680x582, 94K)

his arms are blue

Why the fuck would they give him photo realistic teeth?

why would they give him photo realistic everything?

>Tim Miller: “I don’t think SEGA was entirely happy with the eye decision, but these sorts of things you go, ‘It’s going to look weird if we don’t do this.’ But everything is a discussion, and that’s kind of the goal, which is to only change what’s necessary and stay true to the rest of it. He’s not going to feel like a Pixar character would because I don’t think that’s the right aesthetic to make it feel like part of our world.”

Sega was bitching about the eyes which are...okay. Can't believe they didn't veto the disgusting lips and teeth

*attacks*

*player attacks for massive damage! Ignore was super effective!*

looks great in detective pikachu. not sure why they fucked it up in sonic.

Is this the new "vulnerable" look I've been hearing so much about?

Attached: 1556300776859.gif (80x92, 27K)

Because Detective Pikachu actually keeps their designs relatively intact. This changes Sonic's design to something completely different.

so people who are buying a $12 ticket don't feel ripped off

serious question: is sonic supposed to have lips? never really played the games or watched any sonic shit

Attached: son2.png (833x376, 660K)

because you constently see WHAT IF POKEMON WERE REAL articles everywhere and have imagined that yourself since you were a kid
no one really wanted to think about a realistic sonic

That one Sonic: The Movie starring Vin Diesel pic unironically looks better than what we actually got.

idc what autistic boomers say. movie looks cool and funny.

Attached: D60C542C-F144-4C0E-954D-6A096F95CF52.jpg (1024x576, 50K)

no

cartoon characters are rarely drawn with noticeable lips

no but it doesn't really matter

as usual, the only redeeming quality in a sonic product is the music
youtu.be/fPO76Jlnz6c

HUMAN TEETH

Attached: 1444825578340.jpg (641x731, 86K)

fuck off

Did they do this to copy detective pikachu?

Detective pikachu looks like absolute dogshit. What are you on about?

>He’s not going to feel like a Pixar character would because I don’t think that’s the right aesthetic to make it feel like part of our world.
As if the nightmare they made feels like a part of our world.

Unironically kino

Attached: 1556652129574.gif (635x640, 3.28M)

Attached: updated2019.jpg (900x801, 185K)

Why the fuck wouldn't they just make the movie all CGI?

Attached: 1556560854604.jpg (720x720, 50K)

AAAAAAAAA SONUKEN

Attached: Cwcyehameha_crop.gif (441x302, 2.03M)

I can't stop laughing

Why the fuck Gangsta's Paradise

Because they wanted Araki to use it for part 5

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-30 Chris Chan Sonic Boom Protests.png (500x227, 17K)

detective pikajew's designs for the most part is practically just the regular models with upscaled as fuck realistic textures, its like those realism mods for minecraft; sonic is a really bad redesign that looks like they grabbed it off of deviantart
they're both awful but pika's models at least look closer on virtue of getting the shapes right

the entire time the trailer played with fucking gansta's paradise in the background made the whole thing feel like a fever dream
i don't get why they didn't use cheesy buttrock or generic rock instead, rap of any era doesn't really fit sonic unless this was a knuckles trailer

A reminder of what we've lost.

Attached: Sonic The Hedgehog Movie [MW][45A7729D].webm (704x480, 2.86M)

oh god i hope metal doesn't show up
please god, don't ruin my boy

Attached: 23451905.jpg (639x502, 38K)

Honestly? A robot version of this design would be hard to mess up. More than likely it would be bayformer-ish.

>More than likely it would be bayformer-ish.

Attached: [Screams externally].gif (224x168, 1.49M)

This was the most epic shit to 4 year old me

I rewatched the 2013 fan film after seeing that trailer. Sonic genuinely looks better in that, and it has Doug Walker.

Detective Pikachu, at least to me, seems like a passion project to the team working on the film. From the amount of subtle references to previous Pokemon media to the amount of effort being poured in to make the world seem like a living, consistent world to the generally faithful designs, the creatives seem to love the Pokemon franchise. Many of the less appealing and more controversial designs seem to have been made that way by intention as a way to point out how strange and uncanny many of these Pokemon would look like if they lived in the real world.

Sonic on the other hand screams a movie primarily made by behind-the-times corporate executives and passionless creatives wanting to make the paycheck. Everything about the film from the music choices in the trailer to the prevalence of a human companion to the design of Sonic himself comes off as an attempt to stylistically emulate a type of movie that was last relevant the box office over 5 years ago (the souless, "comedic" live action adaptations of cartoons). Sonic's design comes off as a clueless attempt to make the character seem more grounded in the real world (the higher ups probably thought the design was actually appealing).

this is fucking retarded, flesh sonic should explode on contact with metal sonic because he's made of fucking metal

>those individual, human teeth

Attached: 1368483651828.png (500x375, 187K)

watched somecallmejohnnys video on this and he's right. Sonics model has no fucking emotion

>
>oh god i hope metal doesn't show up
>please god, don't ruin my boy

With the sub plot of Sonic's quills holding some sort of power that makes Sonic go fast (Dr. Carey-botnik does put a quill up to his lips and gets electrocuted in the trailer), I wouldn't be surprised if he uses that to make a Metal Sonic in the movie that shows up for the final act. That's just a guess, though.

Also, I did a quick sketch of what a Metal Sonic could look like. I just traced over an image of Sonic from the trailer.I didn't put much time into it because these threads only really last for a couple hours.

Attached: metalsanac.png (305x477, 105K)

What exactly is the point of making this movie? Who are they marketing this for? I don't understand. Is anyone here even going to watch it?

It exists to make detective pikachu look better by comparison