Eroge GD

Hello Yea Forumsros, past couple of months I've spent playing to figure a design document for a eroge
>Bible black
>Yu-no
>Akiko
>Moonlight Syndrome
>Twilight Syndrome
>Three Sister's Story
>Saya No Uta
This has to got to me, since I was learning Unity and renpy at the same time.
So, what I came to ask is what do you want in an eroge game with a PC-98 artstyle?
I have thought of going beyond the generic approach to sex in H-VNs and implementing few mini games where you go out and experience things to improve your overall character.
Your character would have several components, something like the skill system of fallout new vegas( but not as complex)
You can go to school for classes, library and work in gas stations, pastry shops and whatnot where it becomes something like valhalla, the setting is a north pacific town like in Mizzurna Falls/twin peaks during winter.
Now, what has been making me mad over the past couple of days is I can't figure out how to play all of this out in an eroge all the set of independent mechanics lead into sex?
Like, how does running a pastry shop improve your chances at a creampie?
Help me out, I've already missed out on 3 consecutive days of sleep, and I can't figure it out.
Oh, and I've made a dithering algorithm, and so far thats the only progress I have made and I'll post the results.

Attached: yuno.jpg (640x360, 112K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mWp7OJr41is
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: received_424489578368039.png (975x1601, 161K)

OG

Attached: received_1091095741095066.png (500x821, 438K)

mini-games/gameplay in h vns is pretty gay. unlocking routes through choices or "skills" or whatever you want to call it is a must though

>Unity for a VN
Odd choice unless you're planning on using 3D models.
Are you the same user who was posting in the Yea Forums game dev thread the other day?

I was working on unity with a friend of mine, but currently i am learning python for Renpy, I am not the same user, but I know who you are talking about I worked with him on the algorithm yeah, he is the artist i am the coder, we have 4 more folks working alongside on their solo shit

I just want to make a shenmue/persona meets eroge sort of game, more content is always fun you know but I literally have no idea how to hold this all together

Do you need a writer or do you just need someone who has had sex to give you pointers on how sexual attraction works?

I dont need either, i just need suggestions on what works and what doesnt.

It depends entirely on how your designing the game and it's impossible to give an adequate answer withiut seeing the entire design sheet.

Oh cool. I definitely think there's room for improvement in the algorithm, are you just using the standard nearest_color(threshold_map[pixel.x % threshold_map.x,pixel.y % threshold_map.y]) algorithm? There are noticeable artifacts where the dither repeats, so you may need to check your map.

>someone who has had sex to give you pointers on how sexual attraction works
/doubt

slave training and bondage, let me be able to use characters as manipulaters to persuade characters to join me and do things i want. also monster girls

Attached: 1505686330559.png (1139x1079, 470K)

Minigames sound expensive. Let the art drive the rest of the design.

here is something to give you an idea
>You get to choose your gender the moment you start the game, and it is established in the form of a school transfer certifcate
>You recently shifted with your mom and brother/sister in this north pacific town
>There will be a overarching story to follow like saya no uta or yu-no, but I want to focus on the mechanics first then I will work on the story, and it wont be that supernatural, sort of like Mizzurna falls
> the day and night cycle is handled in a bar which depletes after you complete an action(like going to work,school,kareoke,library etc)
>Schools will have 2 classes, and participating in these classes will boost a certain skill(which will help you get laid, i guess??)
>there will be libraries where you can read books which boosts skills, but also features extra content such as readables, or the way books work in the sim games
>You can work in cafe,lingerie store,pastry shops,gas station,diner etc, which will turn one half of the game into a vallhalla/paper please like situation, with its own set of minigames
>puzzles will be completely externalised, which means nerdy puzzles which makes you think outside of the game world instead of pressing puzzle pieces in game
>characters have their own time schedule like in shenmue
>will feature both yuri and yaoi scenes
this is all i have for now, I will continue making more posts as soon as I make actual progress both visual and technical

Attached: yande.re 427966 sample ass pantsu seifuku skirt_lift sweater twinpoo_(artist).jpg (1154x1500, 364K)

Maybe you could add minigames that only require simple input (choice selection).
Also from a business perspective Unity is more expensive (cpu, ram, etc.) and have a lot of bugs in OSX so renpy it's better in this case.
You can tie all the different mechanics with sex after you've written the story. Like how you started working for a pastry shop of a lonely widow that's about to get broke and fall into poverty. You save her business, make it grow and boom sex.
Hope you make something great user!

that sounds lazy to me user, I dont want to make a powerpoint presentation, i want to hard work hard on this shit even if i am running towards sweet patreon money, not some cheap cashgrab like snow daze and all, hence the push towards pc-98

Also your scope is a little to big, commit to something small first to get it rolling

thats why I am just focusing on three characters(with two h scenes) and one job and with only 25% of the map unlocked, thats my current goal rn

A milf option you can marry and make babies with
And a tomgirl
To save time you could do a tomgirl milf

You work at a hospital with comatose handicapped women which you can rape and make retarded babies with where you also have to despose of the babies or the women (player choice)

>So, what I came to ask is what do you want in an eroge game with a PC-98 artstyle?
Just make a tactics or strategy game
as you go through the campaign, you conquer territories, you capture girls and add them to your party and harem. Girls can also join you as part of the story at particular points and because of the choices you make.
Make a few branching points for 2-3 routes
Implement a nice gameplay system that the player can explore, like in my example the player can customize his base and decide what troops to put in it.

Attached: DemCom.jpg (2056x1588, 1.45M)

pregnancy is too complex to do with user,and my game is already in a lot of trouble

Attached: 1498512418565.png (1440x997, 392K)

Visuals can wait. In fact it's the last thing you should be working on since it's from a pipeline perspective least essential. Get a proper design doc ready with EVERYTHING meticulously planned, then you try to code it.

Can you program every facet detailed in the design sheet? No? Back to the drawing board. Yes? Get the skeleton ready and use ugly placeholder sprites until you got the skeleton ready.

When the game is bootable, and has all the essentials such as a dialog system with branching paths and all other systems in place, THEN you can start messing with dithering patterns and what not.

I respect your work ethic, but keep in mind the customers want to fap.

Have you played Noreply's Seduce Me, or Sentimental Shooting?

thats pretty much the approach i am going for, literally writing the doc as we speak but thanks for the suggestion user

I recommend playing Dragon Knight (Knights of Xentar) and the Doukyuusei/Kakyuusei series for the PC98. ELF were fucking magicians using the limited palette of the time.

i havent, but I have played Summertime saga and thats what made me work my own shit, because how ugly the looks compared to the amount of money that dude is making on patreon

are these game available in english?

The first one, yes. The other two, no. But I suggested them because of how great of a job they did with the graphics.

youtube.com/watch?v=mWp7OJr41is

Be-yond was also good on the graphics.

An example of early 80s eroge.

Attached: CijXeftWwAApCkl.jpg (560x300, 131K)

That looks pretty cool. The rooms remind me of Soul Nomad.
It isn't translated, is it?

If it's not a visual novel, then no, it is not translated.

So tell me what do you want to see next from me?! Or what part of the progress do you want to see next? I dont know why i am asking you guys all this but I guess keeping y’ll updated will also allow me to set a faux-deadline to the project, as the other user said I will start with Design document,GUI design,characters, and other concept arts here and there

>Dithering algorithm
It's going to look like shit.

I meant an ending that has pregnancy user, not a mechanic

I feel like taking you all on the journey because I dont really have anyone to share this with, i mean who the fuck would be interested in a h-game that i am working on.That being said, even tho i will work on design docu first, I will start posting my concept arts and character designs here first because I think that will give you a better idea of my skill level
the problem with making a strategy game is that, i havent played enough in my life to make a game out of it, and for a first game dev attempt this is a oddly specific genre.

Also if you are going the mini game route, maybe look at Sakura Wars. The one that was set in New York at least had a really good dialogue system that felt like a game in and of itself to a degree

I know, thats why the algo dithering will be just a guide stick for the art works related to the game, i will do the dithering by hand anyway

Also i am to off to work, and since I got banned from my office's PC, i wont be able to reply to the posts untill next day( and I dont think this thread will be around till then), so the next time you will see me posting here, I will present some serious progress,see ya!

Attached: D2CXM0JXgAIdmte.jpg (1200x1168, 345K)

What the fuck

I only play dating sims because I want to work for it.

based Slam dunk