Is the Sonic fan base the most cursed of all time? I swear to God the Sonic fags can not catch a break

Is the Sonic fan base the most cursed of all time? I swear to God the Sonic fags can not catch a break

Attached: 50ADFC01-8A8F-4DAA-B8B2-76C3DE8FD788.jpg (1067x1043, 168K)

Other urls found in this thread:

comics.org/issue/29894/)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it looks like a Chinese ripoff with 75% of the budget spent on muh realistic hair

The day Chris Chan took an interest in Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic as a franchise was cursed by his autism.
It's why Pokemon has the same accursed fanbase.

Any SEGA fanbase is cursed, aside from Yakuza. No SEGA franchise aside from Yakuza and the stuff acquired through Atlus are in good states.

This. So many IPs that could have had some really great games nowadays but they're just ignored.

They kinda deserve it

>no jet set radio with music licences from all manner of modern artist that the series originally inspired, plus a bunch of new hideki naganuma tracks and multiplayer
>no outrun 3 with VR support for maximum CAN'T HOLD ME DOWN
>no puyo puyo game that actually expands on the plot threads that fever 2/15th introduced, possibly even incorporating things from Shin Madou and getting Takenami back for the art

Can somebody explain why autism is gravitated to Sonic? I work at Best Buy and I see so many parents come in saying "their autistic child loves Sonic". Like, I thought it was just meme bullshit but it's real. Why is autism and Sonic a match made in heaven?

Attached: 1530579549384.jpg (500x385, 56K)

The worst part is that most of SEGA's franchises don't need incredibly big budgets at all. The most expensive non-Yakuza ones I can think of are Jet Set Radio/Crazy Taxi for the music rights and Puyo for Ringo's Japanese VA. Every other series they have is generally fairly low-budget, at least compared to other big franchises these days. There's really no reason for them to keep neglecting most of their library of IP like they do.

Simple, uncomplicated, brightly colored characters and plots. The good guys are good and the bad guys are bad, autists can't understand characters more complicated than that.

Nintendo does the same shit, it's been a decade since the last Punch-Out, and even then it was 15 years since the SNES game

Self perpetuation. Sonic is seen as autistic because autists play it, so autistic are the most vocal of the fanbase and create enough content to lure in more autists and further the notion of Sonic being for autists. Nothing about Sonic is really any more "autistic" that other franchises— hell, I'd argue that stuff like FNaF has overthrown it in terms of concurrent autism. The difference is, though, is that flash-in-the-pan autism like the FNaF fanbase, the Undertale fanbase at its peak, and other such things all burn out after about a half-decade or so. Sonic on, the other hand, remains because the "sonic is autism" meme is simply that strong. It's just a self-sustaining cycle of bullshit, like an ouroboros with a pair of red and white sneakers.

>if he only knew about his own power

I bet the jews found out before him and tricked him to contain him

I won't say you're wrong, but I will say that Nintendo at least still occasionally experiments with things; that's why we have titles like Splatoon, ARMS, Dillon's Rolling Western, and so on. SEGA has either completely abandoned most of their IP or relegated it to eternal low budget spinoff hell— i.e. Puyo Puyo— and refuses to make anything else interesting.

This

>autists can't understand characters more complicated than that.
Eggman in SA2 is enough

It was shocking when gangsters paradise started playing. I love that this movie exists and that it's sonic, maybe this will finally extinguish the franchise.

Somewhat yeah. But at least the racing game looks good

>implying they deserve to catch a break

i'm so tired of boomers complaining because it's different. you autist sharing information about the movie is exactly what promotes it. anyways it actually looks funny and sonic teaming up with a cop is actually pretty funny and cool. ever thought that the movie isn't for people in their mid 30s?

Attached: 891B1734-C15D-4C46-B9BC-9887DE907224.jpg (500x500, 11K)

Total war

Uuuuuhhh.....

I actually completely forgot about Total War because it barely even feels related to SEGA.
Mind you, that's a good thing.

I think you're onto something.
Wasn't Chris a ponyfag before they went rampant?

Attached: 12034912.png (317x350, 168K)

this so much

Hey fags, user here. Tell me, what else could they have done to bring sonic to a live action movie? What plot? What visuals could have been better? I don’t know if you fags understood this but it’s kind of hard to bring a 2d character into real 3D life considering that the 2d version has no real attention to detail because it’s drawn as a simple as fuck 2d image. You fags can keep crying about it not being the way you like it you don’t even know what you want.

Who is this movie for, then? Zoomers have no attachment to sonic. Sonic is as relevant as earthworm jim

Sonicfags are the most pathetic bunch. They will literally eat up anything Sonic is in. Just look at .

Even when they hate what Sonic is in they will still give Sega their money because they have no self control.

YEAH

Attached: 1556654197139.jpg (759x747, 326K)

Sonic's arms aren't blue

It was poorly concieved from the start and should not have been made at all

Make an animated movie instead?

>Chris made an Animal Crossing video and documentary in 2003/2004
>Also a mariofag
My god... It all makes sense.

Attached: 193741.gif (287x216, 914K)

>blue arms
>green eyes
>no gloves
Not that I expected anything good, but still

Attached: 1464021667367.png (1422x872, 1.1M)

keep telling yourself that

not everyone is a giant reactionary faggot who has to be uptight about everything that reddit 2.0 tells them to be upset about.

>not everyone is a giant reactionary faggot who has to be uptight about everything that reddit 2.0 tells them to be upset about.
imagine being so contrarian that you're actually defending live action sonic

Someone needs to show Chris Klonoa

The absolute state of (You)

Attached: ▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀.jpg (208x199, 8K)

Adding to this, the and everyone looking vaguely like Sonic makes for the easiest template for OC characters ever.

What the fuck have we stumbled upon? How deep does it go?
I remember one user saying Chris Chan was the Anti-Superman from some comic book universe given form and now it's starting to worry me.

Attached: 1846912.jpg (196x200, 11K)

hello fellow bestbro
are you a warehouse jockey too?
Fuck people asking me about TVs

>if you aren't a gigantic manchild nostalgia fag that requires everything to be nostalgia bait you are being a contrarian.

Attached: D845805F-E504-415D-8675-8B446D4C69C4.jpg (819x819, 175K)

because he's "cool," the morals are very clearly defined, and the emotions are so broad that you can clearly understand them even if nuanced emotions in others confuses you. Add on top of that a story that's so dense and rewritten that it needs to be picked over endlessly just to understand it and it's easy to see why they're a match made in heaven.

also he only likes one kind of food, sound familiar?

you guys are actually retarded.
those are simply popular products so of course an occasional nut is gonna take interest in them.

>Someone needs to show Chris Klonoa
Why do you want Klonoa to suffer?

>Implying that Chris isn't the herald of autism

It’s caught a few
>Mania Plus
>the Boom cartoon
>the animations promoting Mania Plus and Team Sonic Racing

But yeah, this movie is not looking good.

>denying his excellence

has chris done much since his supposed merging of realities occured? maybe his mind actually left our realm and left a hollow husk

Sonic fans are actual masochists. Honestly, I'd feel bad for them if I wasn't a fan myself,

Once a Sonic fan always a Sonic fan. I both hate him and love at the same time.

There's a theory I found on Yea Forums archives that Chris Chan is our universe's channeler of the Hypercrisis.
>Iconic shirt made up of red/blue, wears an emblem/medallion on his chest that starts with the letter S, even has a blue and red colored S on the back
>Sonichu has yellow/red colors on him with abilities associated with speed/electricity/lightning
>Mailbag #52 introduced Chris's new means of rejecting mail, his Empty Hand holding nothing, shutting down narrative ("The END will come when I decree")
>Sonichu #5, page 2 (5-2, 52) depicts a record player/machine playing impossible notes/vibrations, a reference to Final Crisis #7 and the Miracle Machine
>Same issue introduces the Dark Mirror Hole, an inverted reality in which Crystal is imprisoned
>The following issue, Sonichu #6, is Chris dealing with the death of his dog Patti, writes her into the comic and blends drawings with photographs of our own reality, Patti is given a tiara and magical bracelets from Chris in this issue
>The same issue has Christian and Magi-Chan trying to figure out a way to retrieve Crystal from the Dark Mirror Hole, and has a background appearance of Batman
(1/4)

Attached: where dreams do come true.png (640x360, 147K)

(2/4)
>Chris's "Dimensional Merge" is directly referencing the Hypercrisis, claims Earth-1218 (our reality) and Earth C-197 (the Sonichuverse) will combine into one
>Earth-1218 is also our universe's designation within the Marvel multiverse, further demonstrating the connection between DC, Marvel, Chris and our reality
>C-197 happens to appear as the "Job Number" for Plastic Man #13 (comics.org/issue/29894/)
>The combination C-197 is also used (albeit loosely) in Wikipedia's "Category:Covers of comic books", under "Golden Age of Comic Books" (53 C, 197 F)
>Earth-C in the DC multiverse is the home of Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew, a universe of anthropomorphic animals with a direct reference to Pokémon decades before the franchise existed (MEW Orleans)
>Chris speaks of the CPU battery-charged Blue Heart in his Dimensional Merge video, with a blue light shining in his room in the background, a double reference to the blue-glowing Miracle Machine, and the Blue Lantern Power Battery
>In Chris's Dimensional Merge tweets, a blue heart and 2 lightning symbols appear repeatedly, referencing Barry Allen's recruitment as a Blue Lantern

(3/4)
>Aside from a similar name, Barb may have a connection to Barbatos' attempts to reach Chris and thus manifest in our reality
>Possibly influenced by Barbatos' emanations at the bottom of the Dark Multiverse, Barb has threatened to kill both Chris and herself in the past during fits of emotional rage, and has also been largely responsible for Chris's downfall, emotionally manipulating, neglecting and abusing him for his entire life, only enabling his autism further
>In one of Barb's emotional episodes from 2011, when Chris failed to book himself a hotel room for MAGfest, due to being broke, and planned to sleep in his car, Barb prevented him from going by pointing out the crime risk and chilly temperatures, threatening to lock him out of their house, claiming that she would pack up and leave, and later told him she wanted to die.
>After Chris folded and went to his room to cry about it, Barb tried to make up for not allowing him to go by giving him a half-payment of a copy of DC Universe Online
>2011 was also, incidentally, the debut of the New 52
>The LOLcow board on 8ch, /cow/, is dedicated primarily to Chris; the board's color scheme is yellow and red, referencing not only the Flashes and the Speedforce, but also the Bleed
>The Idea Guys Saga has multiple references to crossovers and realities invading other realities
>The Idea Guys, who manipulated Chris's life and the Sonichuverse, have the initials I.G., a subtle reference to the Infinity Gauntlet and its reality manipulation powers, the Idea Guys are likely our universe's version of the Gauntlet and Gems
>The Gentry have already physically manifested themselves in Chris's life, materializing in a photograph of Bob, and may have even been responsible for his death

>tfw this movie's gonna make bank no matter what and garbage like this is going to continue being pumped out forever until the end of time

Attached: 1552723269288.png (600x782, 339K)

(4/4)
>The Gentry was supposed to attack us by destroying our dreams, creative process and whatnot; by having us focus on overanalyzing irrelevant stuff and wasting our lives doing it
>Just think of how many people have been focused on Chris since the beginning
>How many hours, effort and dedication have been taken on documenting the life of Chris, to the point where there's hundreds of articles in a wiki dedicated to even the smallest detail in his story
>How Sonichu began as this infantile, light-hearted (if cringy) story of a young man following his "dreams" while helped by Pokemon and Sonic, his two most favorite things ever
>As time went by, Chris lost the second half of his twenties to stagnation, paranoia and self delusion, and now he's approaching 35; with his lifelong comic book project being turned into a strange, depressing tale full of transexual hedgehogs fighting personifications of his own fears and hatred, as well as his own struggle about coming to terms with his 'sexuality'
>Superman's S symbol is normally a symbol of hope, represents the good in people and inspires others to be better
>CWC's S symbol is a symbol of despair, represents all that can go wrong in a human's life, the sum total of the failures of the people around him and his own failure, only inspires revulsion

And, about Chris committing suicide?
>"it will become so bad yu may wish 2 die or commit suicide, but the anti-death equation will return yu 2 this condition - indefinitely"
>"there is no release from this moment of ruin, in the end yu will be like us and we will rejoice together in anguish"
>"there is no option"

What does the back of the Sonichu medallion look like?

Attached: soneghu.png (300x225, 107K)

I mean the biggest issue I have is that sonic's arms aren't blue.

When was the last time a fucking video game movie of all things killed a franchise? Sega aren't even losing money on this, it's all profit for them weather the movie bombs or not (it won't), they merely handed out the license to the highest bidder.

>Zoomers have no attachment to sonic. Sonic is as relevant as earthworm jim
Holy delusional, Batman!

Doesn't he have it bad enough already?

Attached: it's not fair.png (964x876, 32K)

The pokemon in the new pikachu movie actually look good though.

It's literally a dude in a fursuit. AHAHAHAHA

Hypercrisis is one and the same as meme magic, it's how Yea Forums managed to crash a plane.

unironically this

Attached: IMG_20190307_230218.jpg (500x986, 49K)

Explain

>plane
A plane crash eerily similar to the one in the opening of TDKR ocurred irl just a little while after it, or something like that

>meme magic
The belief that memes actually have a real, tangible effect on reality. The less crazy version is that reality and fantasy are intertwined(not necessarily in a strictly directional/causal fashion) because one tends to inspire the other and vice versa.

This is the best re-design I have seen so far. Good balance between what the producers want and what the fans expect.

>we want a blue cgi hedgehog but we dont want it TOO unrealistic

>that nike emblem

Attached: oy vey.png (576x996, 547K)

Sonic is very popular with kids.

no the total war fanbase is pretty cringe too. it's all filled with edgy Europa Universalis type faggots who project their shitty nationalism onto the game and feel like military geniuses for beating the braindead AI.
go to any Total War forum and ask how many play multiplayer. I assure you only 5% even care.
Pic related. Much the same demographic as Paradox games.

Attached: 1550251646857.png (1830x3212, 2.59M)

total warhammer has pretty based fans though

I wasn't talking about the fanbase, I was talking about SEGA's treatment of the series.

Its so bad, it only exists because it keeps making them money. There's a market for this fucker apparently.

Attached: 1556489020312.jpg (2225x1020, 285K)

Think of the 90's and what you would consider 'cool and badass' if you were a teenager who

-Lived with oppressive parents
-Wasn't allowed violent video games
-Was required to buy only extremely cheap things for entertainment.

Your options are Sonic and Mario. Mario is kiddy and soft no matter how you look at it. Sonic on the other hand is the definitive 90's mascot character with 'tude. (but not so much that parents don't buy his product). Plus, the Genesis was definitively cheaper than any other console at the time, and was for years. Multiple sales and clearances basically made it the poor kid's console, and Sonic came free with most bundles.

Add this with Sonic's obsessive relationship with being a 'hero', and you have an autist magnet.
A series where a cool kid with a teenage attitude stomps a fat bald guy who looks like the father that beats them every night.

Attached: promote.jpg (480x360, 13K)

were use to it
after SA2B nothing else can come close so everything else will be a disappointment

Attached: 1533099681345.jpg (1539x959, 260K)

This movie is gonna be a disjointed, outdated mess that somehow manages to fundamentally misunderstand what it is that people have enjoyed about the franchise in the past. In that regard, it's a perfect fit for Sonic.

Chris Chan, patient zero:

>the original sonicfag
>the original brony
>the original letsplayer
>the original autist lolcow

Attached: 1541242039896.jpg (576x768, 107K)