What are some important video game characters we are missing from Smash so far?

What are some important video game characters we are missing from Smash so far?

Attached: _mmd_xps_model__banjo_kazooie_download_by_sab64-db42yyz.jpg (1192x670, 219K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/yushatato/status/1122505289721208832
discord.gg/CKnFXwv
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

None, really.
Glad we got main vilains of two big franchises. Everything past them feels nitpicky. Maybe you can make an argument for Porky

pic unrelated

Crash
Scorpion
Dragon quest rep
Master Chief

Pretty much although you could make an argument for this , a RE rep, KoF rep, Tekken rep, Lara Croft and that's pretty much it.

Not Banjo.

Pic very related, Banjo saved the N64 along with Mario and Zelda and started the collectahon genre

FromSoft games vindicated the desire for difficulty in games in an era when video games were trending towards casual, brain dead experiences. It changed the entire gaming industry, and now saying "it's the Dark Souls of X" is common parlance when describing games. It's an iconic franchise, it's Japanese owned, and deserves to be in Smash
Prove me wrong, spoiler: please don't, you'll hurt my feelings

Attached: 09A4BF32-3F20-48AA-B03A-F17A27CBD198.png (615x1070, 597K)

Reimu.
Maybe Miku, though her videogame footprint isn't as large.
Then there is Doomguy but I just don't think it'll happen.

>Survival Horror character
>FPS character

I guess smash already has just about all of the huge gaming icons/series.

> Eternal Darkness
> Geist

There you go, both are even first-party, so there is no need for negotiation with other companies

Slight your fucking wrists you pathetic Rosterfag

Attached: the day Grim Matchstick went nuclear on the Smashbros.png (1346x282, 74K)

Jazz-playing Heracross

Attached: HeracrossSaxaphone.png (550x600, 41K)

Crash
Spyro
Goemon
An RE rep
Tekken Rep
Lara Croft
Dragon Quest Rep
Banjo
That's my list in that order.

Hey hey hey! Rostarfags are pretty gay!

Attached: 1556470301519.jpg (680x477, 96K)

Wow, its an angry rage poster, who gives a shit.

Scorpion
Banjo
Master Chief
Steve
Crash
Kratos
Spyro
Dante
Erdrick
Sora
Heihachi

Pretty solid list, desu.

Hey Hey Hey

Attached: 98D5D2DC-37EE-40FE-9A1A-78D8DDCD0BFA.png (2000x2226, 3.01M)

>Doomguy: THE fps character
>a RE character: THE survival horror
>Steve: THE most well sold game of all time
>Crash Bandicoot: the old Sony mascotte
>Chosen Undead: one of the most important games of the last decade

prove me wrong

Attached: IMG_5614.gif (300x300, 2.46M)

Steve's spot is wrong. He wasn't in Tetris.

Banjo didn’t save the N64

Tetris is the best game of all time because it is of public domain and it counts every version of the game.

t. zoomer

Robotnik is a pretty glaring omission and despite not being popular in the west Dragon Quest probably deserves something considering that FF got a rep and everyone knows toriyamas designs.

to be fair though. If there weren't so many trash characters in smash I don't think there would be nearly as many characters that would be considered deserving omissions.

I could think of at least 50 or even 100 main characters more deserving than shit like bayonetta for example

I’d say Steve, he’s kinda the mascot of one of the most popular games of all time, other then him I’d say Doomguy and Crash

Attached: 4DB9278A-FA0F-4882-BDA9-9D94E9814A10.png (196x431, 53K)

Mii Costume.

It wouldn't work nor make sense

I don’t think Nintendo would subject Minecraft to a throw away costume

Fuck off Banjoke, let him dream

You gave the answer yourself OP!
This is now a comfy Banjo thread, no Discord trannies allowed

Attached: DC77A3EC-5823-4A72-9AD6-B9574457E774.jpg (850x510, 215K)

Minecraft is popular, not Steve. Steve should jist die already. It’s a literal placeholder

i think that fallout is a big enough and influential enough series to warrant it, but the issue is their undeniable fall from grace thats entirely bethesda's fault to the point that i don't want bethesda to get anything in smash out of spite
also the problem of them probably going with the stupid vault boy mascot instead of a actual protagonist like the vault dweller or even the shithead from 3 since they don't like to mention the non-Bethesda games, get me that with energy weapons and the other weirder fallout tech for a moveset, alts with different genders ala wiifit/corrin/robin as a final smash and i'd be happy, and having the first western character in smash use a weapon literally called the fatman would cause a onslaught of memes
i'd rather doomguy if we had to get a bethesda rep but a fallout rep would work as long its a actual character and not a character thats a cartoon in-universe

Attached: vault dweller.jpg (2994x3600, 2.3M)

I’m not a Stevefag but if he wasn’t a popular character then he wouldn’t get a fuck ton of merchandise and have a lego figure, I’m just saying

> Banjo
Japan doesn't want you and your literal who Western trash

This is from a Nip who got mad that a Western trash talked shit about DQ and wanted Rayman and Banjo instead

Attached: 1556545692925.jpg (704x1200, 126K)

Even Bubsy is a more likely candidate than bird bear. At least he still gets video games in current year.

>can punch
>can use sword
>No interesting abilities outside of crafting
Making steve a mii costume is more inline with the emphasis on customizing your own character than Steve being a stand alone character

You can show me a dick and I think it would make more sense, what you show is just random garbage

Everything outside of Sonic being added in was a mistake

How long has it been since you’ve played Minecraft user and Steve being a fighter makes more since because Minecraft is about world building and exploration and you can’t do that without Steve

how do you think american audience's imput doesn't matter anymore after shit like k.rool and ridley got in from overwhelming western demand
hell diddy, rool and i think dark samus are from western studios take on jap games in the first place and DK uses rare's design

Attached: cup.png (712x517, 262K)

Oh god the discord trannies are here already now gathering behind the first random jap they could find, terrific

unironically steve

>bucket
>fishing rod
mobs
>ender pearl
>bow
>crossbow
>pickaxe
>shovel
>axe
I could go on

Lurk moar

If Steve was a mii costume you wouldn’t be able to customize it, what’s up with Banjokes and clinging on to Steve being a mii costume with nothing to back it up

>no mention of Banjo in tweet what's so ever.
>it was original just a dude saying Dragon Quest is more well known in Japan
>later said he's fine with Western characters in Smash Bros.
The state of Stevefags.

I think westerners would still like a DQ character just because they look like goku

I literally can't even tell if rosterfags are serious at this point. Imagine unironically wanting Minecraft Steve, a washed up mascot character from yesteryear, or a one off, obscure JRPG character who has been referenced in only two games since his inception.

Attached: 1507241121237.png (1022x731, 643K)

You can literally replace Steve with any other video game character. Infact, Minecraft of the Switch encourages you to do so by offering Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Toad and Bowser skins.

>you can't do that without Steve
You absolutely can do it without Steve. Most people do. Here, look, you can even do it with Mario, Peach or Bowser.

Attached: 960C4F0A-5EC7-49C3-8D51-30409543AA65.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

>Called Banjo a who in Japan and said he wasn’t near on the same caliber as Mario and Zelda
Kek

Steve was so important he was a wrestler costume in 2k18.
Get over it. He's literally perfect for a Mii Costume.

>Banjo?

Attached: zoom.png (403x327, 36K)

No, i lurk enough to know you immature fucks should off yourself and ahow something relevant for once, you’re just scared

He didn't mention Banjo at fucking all.

why do fags like you pretend like Steve doesn't have infinite moveset potential?

None. Fuck rosterfags.

Attached: 1556634842147.jpg (2192x4000, 2.3M)

Japan not giving a shit about a character is pretty much a death sentence, it really shouldn't be that shocking that banjo isn't in

Repeating your point twice doesn’t make it more valid and yes you can change your skin, but does that stop him from being the main protagonist? No

>a tweet from some random nip from twitter
it's over bros...

CJ from San Andreas

*just saying*

Attached: F91FB2D6-0BF5-4466-AAFC-12906EF5DA09.jpg (1456x2048, 607K)

Cause all his moves would be fucking already used by Villager, Isabelle, and Toon Link/Young Link.
Only new thing he could bring to the fucking table is Block Placing.
And that'd be like Villager's trees. That don't go away.
It'd be an annoying mechanic that would piss off more people then K.Rool's recent nerf.

placing blocks, swinging sticks, shooting bows and throwing potions
at best he's a link clone with potion bombs and villager's tree move
the real moveset potential is a creeper with mob summons and self destruct moves

Attached: creeper3ds.jpg (1500x1080, 107K)

I can’t tell if this is bait he wasn’t in 2k18

twitter.com/yushatato/status/1122505289721208832

He pissed off Western big time despite them being ignorant and not knowning shit aboutwhat DQ did for gaming

Attached: twr7677.jpg (1242x1900, 1.09M)

Because the entirety of Japan think like 1 random Jap, well done

Name a character with moves that weren't already done by other characters

It was either 2k18 or 2k19.
They have a customizable skin which is Minecraft box like.

>main protagonist
Need a story to have a protagonist lol
Because they're cookie cutter bare minimum animations used to interact with the world. The world of Minecraft is interesting. Steve is not.

>Isaac assist trophy
>Geno spirit
Ok and?

Who cares? Certainly not Nintendo.

4 more characters

seething banjofags who don't know anything about the game they're trying so hard to shit on

Holy shit cherry picking much? Creeper moveset:
>Explode
>Explode
>Explode
>Explode
>Explode
>Explode
>Explode
>Explode
>Explode
>Explode
>Explode
>Explode
>Explode
>Explode
>Explode
>Explode
>Explode
>Explode
>Explode
>Explode
>Explode
>Explode
>Explode
>Explode
>Explode
>Explode
>Explode
>Explode
>Explode
>Explode

Again.
He thinks it's BS that people don't think Dragon Quest isn't important enough to be in Smash.
But Stevefags are like
'LOL, TOSHI YOKAHAMA'S GOT A BANJO SLEEPING PICTURE HE DECONFIRMED BANJO HIMSELF. I HEARD HE SPEAKS THE SAME LANGUAGE AS SAKURAI'

K.Rool is in, Ridley is in

No, Nintendo doesn't give a shit

he gets purely out of just being Minecraft thing.

If you'd look you'd see it's not just him, I'm sorry sweet heart but you're just going to have to accept the reality that Japan doesn't want Banjo, they want based Erdrick

What's the Villager?

Steve is the vessel that allows you to play the game

Attached: 436D9090-8EC6-4A1A-8A05-1AB9198A60A0.jpg (750x1089, 298K)

>STEVE WOULDN'T BE A CLONE OF TOON LINK/ YOUNG LINK, VILLAGER AND ISABELLE
>but BANJO? OMG, HE'D BE AN EXACT CLONE OF DUCK HUNT

not banjo.

Attached: basedbeelzemon.png (716x1014, 832K)

It’s just a discord group who chose the life purpose of shittalking the current most popular pick

You don't LITERALLY REPLACE VILLAGER WITH OTHER VIDEO GAME CHARACTER SKINS
Hell, I used to have a black cock as a skin in Minecraft.
Guess a giant, vieny black penis is confirmed for Minecraft rep.

It took them 20 years to give a shit. Maybe you'll get bear bird and wooden puppet from that one game in another 20.

You fail to understand how the market works if nobody bought Steve toys then they wouldn’t be produced but they’re still making Steve toys

This. Stevies get mad when people say he would just be a Link/Villager clone, but are fast to say Banjo would be a Duck Hunt clone.

>ps1: 102.49 million sold
>n64: 32.93 million sold
>n64 even lost to the saturn in japan
but please, tell us again how banjo saved that shitty console.

> shittalking the current most popular pick
That's not Crash

>Oh hey, let's make a lego set
>oh throw a steve minifig in there we have too many of them anyways

No, they certainly do not want just Erdrick honey, if you’d look further than the same source discord is sharing over and over you knew. Do some research yourself (tip: not here)

There are costumes of other characters in Animal Crossing. You could cosplay as Samus, Link or Mario if you want to

>low quality 15 dollar stuffed toys
>meanwhile, the actual faces of the franchise

Attached: 7544741_R_Z002A.jpg (570x513, 44K)

Sony wasn't even brought up.
Holy shit.
It makes sense. Snoyboys are Stevefags.

They'd probably use the Creeper as one of his moves.

Since we got Piranha Plant to rep Mario baddies, we need every series to have no name enemies.
Like a Kremlin for Donkey Kong, a Metroid for Metroid, just a regular Waddle Dee for Kirby.
Hell give the third party series like Final Fantasy a Tonberry.

Attached: martinet.png (584x372, 70K)

This strengthens the argument that MS does not want Steve to be the face of the company/xbox. Also, he doesn’t even show up in the promo art for the new update for MC. Its over, Stevies.

Yeah, COSTUMES. Not the entire fucking SKIN.

And the best thing is that Steve always has been a joke, a mistake when a leaker mistook Cubivore for Minecraft

The joke is over boys, let go of the alt-right neonazi puppet Steve made by an active racist, but suuuure Nintendo will add him

>Cosplay
Ding ding ding

i brought up the console that came in first place that generation to illustrate just how far behind the n64 was, despite banjo supposedly "saving it." i also mentioned the saturn, but i notice you're not calling me a sega fanboy.
it makes sense. nintendo console-war shitposters are banjofags.

Vergeben Apologist will fight you for this claim, man.

The fact that he got a lego Bigfig figure this year means that he’s at least popular

Attached: 8B2C8AC5-5714-468D-BC53-9D48870432DD.jpg (488x488, 59K)

Steve is being phased out of Minecraft just like Notch, kek.

He revealed his face

Rejecting truth isn't healthy sweetie, you can always return to your hugbox after accepting the hard truth

You wanna fight? I'll post a nintendo wojack anal voring your system.

Attached: 1530993085511.png (1599x1305, 3.93M)

I unironically would like this

It doesn't turn into the fucking character when you change his skin. It's still literally the same character even if he looks different.
And guess what? You can change your skin in Smash too!

with how desperately microsoft wants to erase notch i wouldn't put it past them to make up a new avatar character just to get rid of the dev-art creations he put through
im expecting minecraft 2 with all-new models just to filter out anything that isn't just blocks

>stevefags saying hugbox
>when they literally, after shit posting for more then a year
>got their discord raided by 4 banjo fags
>that they had to PURGE THE DISCORD and MOVE SHOP
>and freak out about Banjo spies.

He was on the 1.13 update promo shit and he’s on the front of the box, imagine how ugly Steve’s face would look on a controller or a console

Attached: 059AB938-E388-45EB-9643-6F03C469CDD6.jpg (1170x500, 153K)

You seem to not know how costumes and skins work.
Skins are made to replace. Since Steve's so fucking bland.

i may be wrong but i think theres a difference between a color swap (maybe a different hat or a clothes change) and literally replacing every pixel of texture on a character's model, even just a little bit

Attached: mario sees a switch.gif (360x240, 982K)

I mean, I get that this is a salty post, but there's a problem with a large portion of those characters.

They
>Aren't iconic enough from their own series
>Aren't from an iconic series at all
and/or
>Are joke/side characters NOT from a 1st party Nintendo series

There are some notable exceptions in the pic, though. Most of these rely on the presence of very similar characters already in Smash.

>Sora
If we got Cloud, we could get Sora. And probably should. His major obstacles involve Disney licensing issues, but that's about it.
>Paper Mario
Mainstream, quirky, fun character who I'm incredibly surprised isn't in. There's almost zero reason for him not to be there.
> Banjo & Kazooie
I'm incredibly surprised they aren't in, either. Probably some bad blood with Rare.
>Decidueye
While we already got out Alolan rep, Decidueye would have also been a really strong choice, and I think barring it entirely is silly.
>Rayman
Another strong contender. Iconic, unique, and now with a much stronger Nintendo presence than before.
>Dante
If Bayonetta got in, Dante probably should be in. They may have even just gone with Bayonetta because she's less of a "swordsman" character.
>Gengar
I was iffy on this addition. Gengar would probably play a lot like Mewtwo. Or it could be something completely different, utilizing being a ghost much more. Who knows? There's a lot of design space here.
>Waluigi
Just do it already you cowards.

>Disproven
>NOTCH BAD NAAAZI
Faggot

Sup, banjobro from /vr/.
I wanna actually apologize for the people who legitimately wants Steve? in Smash Bros. Sorry that his name was ruined along with Banjo's. But hey, if you hold out long enough like the K.Rools and the Ridleys, you could get him in the future. We're still holding out for Banjo, don't know what the fuck is happening here.

The villager is still treated as an actual character in their universe by the other NPCs. They send you mail, call you neighbor, celebrate Christmas with you. Like points out, Steve is merely an empty vessel with you interface with the Minecraft world and other human players

Minecraft 2? No way, Minecraft lost its appeal when it was sold to Ms, modding made it big not the game

We have Hytale now, paving the way towards what minecraft could have been.

Minecraft will be over soon

I forgot Amaterasu.

Amaterasu is fucking dope, incredibly interesting addition, LOTS of move variety, and SSB is already in with Capcom. Do it.

>b-but steve
Oh my darling that was awfully quick of you to try and change the subject, if I didn't know any better I'd think you lost faith in your argument, tsk tsk

Hytale won’t kill Minecraft

You lost it instantly when you had absolutely no argument of your own

Mu-muh Steve and alt-right nationalistic pride!

What would stop them from putting Steve as a character and Alex/other skins as alts? You're making such a stupid point.

Keep seething. No one cares about your discord drama. Or your stupid furry made render. No one cares about your shitpost anymore. Vergeben was proven a fraud, no one but actual Minecraft Fans want Steve? in.

Minecraft and Animal Crossing are different game and if you want to go there Villagers and mobs interact with Steve

>There's almost zero reason for him not to be there.
we have two marios already, we don't need a third. it's bad enough that mario kart is padded with shit like baby mario, metal mario and gold mario.
>Decidueye would have also been a really strong choice
decidueye would have been a third pit.
>and I think barring it entirely is silly.
adding another gen 7 pokemon wouldn't go over well with anyone. genwunners would complain for obvious reasons, fans of gens 3 and 5 would be even more unhappy about getting skipped over, alolasomes who aren't owlfags would complain that it isn't their favorite, and game freak would probably rather have sakurai choose a gen 8 pokemon to promote the upcoming games.

It wasnt even me, so here I am. Just to tell you to wait and see. We’ll see

Miicostume's don't get alt skins.
Yes, they call Steve by their name constantly.

Not a Stevefag but holy shit NPC much

The fact that Steve is awkward, clunky, and bland doesn't help him.

Or the fact that he has no really interesting move variety. He would either be a garden-variety swordsman or do weird shit with temporary blocks.

Or the fact that Steve really isn't combative, and the combat in Minecraft is pretty bland, so there isn't much to go off of.

Or the fact that the character has no nostalgic or lasting value, and looking back on it as an addition in even five years would probably make people doubt the integrity of the franchise.

I'm jumping into the middle of an argument I haven't really bothered to read but yeah, Steve would be a really shitty and telling addition to SSB.

Give me your crystal ball, I think it most certainly will. Not immediately but eventually. It just had to happen at one point when devs had absolutely no interest to further the game on a grander scale.

Pokemon is next

>Nobody but Minecraft’s 95 million active player base wants Steve in

amaterasu's game has sold 2.6 million copies in 12 years. no, that's not a typo. why would anyone expect normalfags to get hyped and pay extra for her?

I humbly accept your concession, I do wish banjo chumps weren't such sore losers when they lose these arguments but such is life

2B
Battletoads
Big Daddy
Call of Duty Soldier
Chosen Undead
Crash
Dante
Doom
Dovahkiin
Duke Nukem
Ezio
Heavy
Junko Enoshima w/ Monokuma
Kratos
Leon Kennedy
Llyod Irving
Marcus Fenix
Master Chief
Monster Hunter
Nightmare
Q-bert
Rayman
Ryu Hayabusa
Sackboy
Scorpion
Sora
Spyro
Steve
Tommy Vercetti
Tracer

Minecraft doesn’t have mobs that can talk to you dumbass

But you felt violated in your freedom of thought I’d reckon? Cope

NO
MORE
WESTERN
TRASH

banjo's the last important nintendo icon still missing from the roster, anything past him is either B-roster characters or 3rd parties which are debatable in relevance.

if you wanna consider 3rd parties relevant than we can consider

>dragon quest
>crash bandicoot
>doom
>villains from already represented 3rd parties (ie robotnik

the overwhelming effort it would take to not only translate steve into a non-voxel game's artstyle, then do that for multiple characters?
even if its just steve and alex thats two characters you'd have to somehow make look blocky but still natural but not entirely like shit, with textures that are still high-resolution but somehow look pixelated and also not like shit
having just some shitty pixelated block model would look fucking awful and lazy, but having it not look faithful to the game is something that samurai just doesn't do if joker's autistic attention to detail and fanservice is any indication

What would be Minecraft stage's songs?

Minecraft is too big to die overnight

>we don't need a third
How many swordsmen do we have? How many Links? Paper Mario wouldn't even be a clone, which is why I like the idea so much.

>Decidueye would have been a third pit
I hadn't actually thought of that. Solid argument. My rebuttal is fuck Dark Pit and put in Decidueye. My serious rebuttal to the whole argument is "that's fair."

>No one cares about your discord drama.
as someone who doesn't want steve or banjo: literally the only people i see consistently bringing up discord drama in these threads are banjofags. for some reason, you zoomers are all obsessed with discord.

Oh so no personality. Something Sakurai looks for.

*bows orientally at you*

Theres only one answer

Attached: dagiwnw-8ccdc4ea-fcf8-4f54-a24b-e377d8f05b2e.png (361x299, 97K)

Not an argument, you could literary say that of every character in existance. Certain criteria just have to be met and we can only guess to an extend what these are, that’s why rosterfagging will go on until the end

Cat slowly walking on a piano. Like in game.
>banjofags
>zoomers

>game sells better in western market than in japan in EVERY iteration
>ultimate sells almost 10 million more copies in the west than in japan

nintendo would have to be literally retarded to make the DLC nothing but animu weebshit.

Bubble Bobble is one of the first purely cooperative arcade games.
A vote for Bub is a vote for Bub.

Attached: Bubbles.jpg (741x1077, 71K)

>Banjo thread immediately becomes a steve thread
Banjokes just can't keep blocks off the mind!

Some user said they wanted Steve in and a banjoke said “mii costume” to crush their dreams

> Comfy Smash thread
> Filled with Stevefags and Banjofags
Everytime

the only people who use discord, obsess over discord, and stay up-to-date on all the latest discord drama are zoomers. banjofags are constantly talking about discord and posting discord screenshots, so it's safe to assume that you're all zoomers.

*boomers

Mii Costume.

The god himself

Attached: 2015C74C-B834-45C6-B09E-75F3E0CD7ABE.jpg (189x267, 16K)

Banjofags are just zoomers that only know who banjo is because of Jontron and their favorite smash youtubers said they wanted banjo in on like twitter or some dumb ass shit and they want him to feel included like all the Isaac and Genofags before them

>The fact that Steve is awkward, clunky, and bland doesn't help him.

G&W is worse
Or the fact that he has no really interesting move variety. He would either be a garden-variety swordsman or do weird shit with temporary blocks.

Or the fact that Steve really isn't combative, and the combat in Minecraft is pretty bland, so there isn't much to go off of.

What's Animal Crossing?

>Or the fact that the character has no nostalgic or lasting value, and looking back on it as an addition in even five years would probably make people doubt the integrity of the franchise.

Minecraft is 10 yo now, and people are already starting to be nostalgic about it, even if it wasn't even forgotten in the first place

>Steve would be a really shitty and telling addition to SSB.

No

im just sad kiryu got deconfirmed

Attached: end it all.jpg (1603x2020, 1.71M)

Absolutely hilarious you’ve achieved peak comedy

nice try, but boomers are not the "discord drama" demographic. that's the exclusive domain of zoomers.
by obsessing over discord so much, you banjofags have exposed yourselves as zoomers who only want him because of game grumps.

>Porky
Ah yes, the bad guy from that series we got one game of. Oh so important.

So no soundtrack

i don't understand why mother fans keep expecting more when the series is overrepresented already.

And Jontron and their shitty e-celebs all underage

Attached: C7531A2A-B8F9-4C30-B26C-29AA40C0B778.jpg (750x843, 347K)

Banjo was always just a poor man's mario 64 so it was destined to die off as quickly as it did

Banjokes are so worried about Steve getting in that they lost the ability to spell

Attached: 6FDEC4F7-6A76-4E6D-B6D8-B9B3770A9FD7.jpg (750x376, 113K)

Why does every newfag think everyone who thinks differently from them is part of some sort of discord group centred around fucking with them on Yea Forums and/or is a tranny? Is this some mental illness thing, or is this the reputation Yea Forums has to outsiders now?

Yet it improved the Mario 64 issues.

>Jontron
>underaged

I was referring to banjo fans being underage

I swear to Notch if anyone in here leaks the new Server, you'll be banned

based

Attached: eli thumbs up.png (770x1074, 792K)

What did banjo improve? Sure it has more varied music but the music in banjo fucking sucks, who wants to listen to a kazoo screeching for half an hour

Camera controls for one.

>Doom
>Mortal Kombat
>Minecraft
>Dragon Quest
>Resident Evil
>King of Fighters
>Tomb Raider
>Tekken
>Tetris

The only recognizable and/or iconic franchises missing from being represented in Smash.

this

>be a discordfag
>shit up Yea Forums with your group for a year straight in the most unsubtle ways imaginable
>get called a faggot for it in
>”lol why are you obsessed with discord”
This strategy didn’t work in your last 500 threads, why would it work now?

Minecraft is already 10 years old and is still somehow popular. The rest of your arguments are legit, but I honestly think people will genuinely be nostalgic over Minecraft even years later.

I’ve never used Discord

discord zoomer detected

Still not working.

>stevefags still trying to shift focus

Attached: 1370590408096.gif (300x225, 1.75M)

Rule of thumb. If Yea Forums says it isnt happening with Smash Bros then it's probably happening.
I still remember when everyone turned on Rool the moment Ridley got in.

You are such an incredulous and cynical bunch aren't you? Its just a matter of time before we get our first fully western character. The backpedal will be hilarious.
Again.

Attached: squid_girl.jpg (1280x720, 148K)

How about a Puzzle Game character? The closest we have is Dr. Mario

So Shantae is in the Fighter Pass then?

>3rd party characters are glaring omissions
"No!"

These threads are already making me laugh, let’s make a discord where me post the most hilarious idiots

>Yea Forums doesn’t believe Steve and Erdrick are in and instead Sora and Banjo are in
Erdrick and Steve are in

Camera and movement. Banjo controls leagues better than Mario ever did in that game.

I'll pick ten of my own picks
>Bomberman
>Dixie
>Isaac
>Banjo
>Tetra
>Stafy
>Lip
>Captain Syrup
>Black Shadow
>Bandana Dee

Attached: 1428857342954.png (1280x720, 887K)

Yeah, one's a Miicostume. And it's Steve.

HEY HEY HEY
IF YOU TAKE ROSTERFAGGOTRY SERIOUSLY, YOU'RE FUCKING GAY

Attached: It's_Fat_Albert.png (397x557, 220K)

Is a person born in 1990 a zoomer?

Attached: 20967F13-B4B0-4C46-B2CF-E874CC5B44F7.jpg (1280x720, 70K)

Attached: D0CC3908-2F2F-44AB-B3D0-8467AA3D4D16.jpg (1024x808, 170K)

No it doesn't.

Who is gamegrump and no Banjo devs just suck but were wanting a new game as well

>Yoda got a bigfig
YODA FUCKING CONFIRMED

Half of those aren't really what I'd call glaring omissions.

proto man
crash

Attached: 1477058591015.jpg (1086x821, 80K)

What are some characters that are NOT hated by Yea Forums rosterfags and are liked both in the West and the East? Pic related

Attached: 2-crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy-for-playstation-4.jpg (450x350, 163K)

Ratchet & Clank

Steven Minecraft.

Attached: 1BE45FBE-173D-4044-A571-31D39AC4B16B.png (700x931, 155K)

I can't wait to play as him and have him hurt people physically with his hands.

Attached: bubbig.gif (600x269, 10K)

Cool Miicostume choice.

discord.gg/CKnFXwv

What fresh hell is this?

Fuck off bot

Based Banjochads putting nips in their place.
The West buys the most Smash, the West steers the ship.
Japs and their weebslaves ask for idolshit and waifus because they will never have sex, Westerners ask for Doomguy, Leon, Chosen Undead, Crash, Rayman, and Banjo because they love video games.

Attached: 1556547609849.jpg (500x500, 111K)

Im scared

Cubivore was confused for Minecraft, that much is certain. In any scenario, what is the last time you heard Phil Spencer actively vouching for Minecraft in Smash? Exactly, it never happened.
He DID say he’d like Banjo Kazooie in TWICE now.

And any negotiations should go through him first peeps, sorry not sorry Steve fans

Japanese losers didn't want Ridley either. Or Little Mac. Or the Belmonts. Fuck them.

Attached: 1556259980109.png (430x309, 276K)

Guys?

Master Chief.

Anything else is a bonus, but Chief is 100% necessary.

I said MY own picks.

Theres an interview floating around where he says it a third time but in even more detail. Does anyone have the link?

does anyone still unironically believe smash leaks after the travesty that was the grinch leak?

Attached: 1555628553553.png (407x405, 196K)

Fuck off you.

Considering how fast people was to believe in the 5ch leak, have fun looking at more fake leaks

Little Mac is a complete literal who in Japan, Punch-Out always did shit and people were pissed that he got in over someone like Takamaru

It's the reverse over here, and Sakurai sadly listened to Western fans over the Japanese ones.

>neutral special: shoots gun powder out of his mouth
>side special: throws a block of tnt by wacking his head with it
>up special: summons enderman and teleports
>down special: charge attack, which results with an explosion, kinda like a fusion between wario's waft and cloud's limit break
>final smash: rides the fucking enderdragon

Attached: 1450233821065.jpg (697x672, 67K)

neck yourself tranny

>forgets proto man

Attached: 1553549237300.jpg (750x680, 64K)

EXCELLENT post, user. It's the only one really missing for me alongside Sir Arthur and playable Bomberman.

>banjo's the last important nintendo icon still missing from the roster
banjo isn't an important nintendo icon at all. he had a couple games that barely rose above mediocrity on a console that hardly had any games at all, that's not enough to be an icon. on top of that, he's now owned by one of nintendo's direct competitors.

Super Mario 64 started the collectathon and if there was a Rare property that saved the N64 it was Goldeneye.

>joker's autistic attention to detail and fanservice
joker barely even scratches the surface of attention to detail and fanservice. as a persona fan, i was actually disappointed compared to sakurai's usual track record.
no music unique to persona 1. no persona 2 music at all. no pic related as an alternate costume. there are so many cool things he could have done, but chose not to.

Attached: JokerPersona2.png (823x1442, 610K)

i've never used discord in my entire life, and i refuse to. it does nothing but ruin gaming communities, as shown by how banjofags derail every smash thread with discord spam.

>If Yea Forums says it isnt happening with Smash Bros then it's probably happening.
it's nice to know that agumon is confirmed, then.

Attached: 1536069751678.png (1230x1230, 631K)

They're way better than mediocre.

Attached: personafags.jpg (350x210, 12K)

yoshi's island started the collectathon.

>on top of that, he's now owned by one of nintendo's direct competitors

-who wants them in as well

who's crying again? i'm still happy joker got in, just pointing out that sakurai hardly went all-out with him in particular.

3rd time you faggots bump this, youre as delusional and moving goalposts

Just like td

That too. Lip is popular primarily for this reason.

Anyone who wants Lip, a Puyo Puyo character, Bub/Bob, or something from Meteos is someone with good taste, I've noticed.
Why are puzzlefags so based?

Chief, I guess? It’s the only big, familiar icon for normalfags that I can think of nowadays.

That's something I never thought before. Still, given that there are previous games that can be considered collectathons, the whole argument about BK starting collectathons remains wrong.

> unique victory scheme
> unique alternate costume with its own render
> stage that changes depending on the song
> all the sidekicks appear on said stage and are voiced
> unique mechanic
And you're not satisfied cause you can't have a song or from a PSP game play on a stage, you entitled baby.

I've also seen Foreman Spike brought up a couple times as a potential retro rep. A moveset themed around construction equipment could be neat.

dude, you claimed that joker had "an autistic attention to detail and fanservice." an actual "autistic attention to detail and fanservice" would have shown some love to p1 and p2. that's just facts.

Let’s talk about steve

Hey screw you buddy at least you got Persona shit in the game. Where is all the smt? Where is jack frost? We didn't even get a single spirit.

Let's not

Name some fanservice touches your wanted character(s) could have that aren't moveset-related i.e. Cloud's Advent Children costume, Cloud/Joker's victory music, and Joker's Final Smash being able to fuck with the victory screen.

Attached: 1534778445235.jpg (720x720, 56K)

Terra, Crono & Leon since FF6, Chrono Trigger & RE4 are the most iconic games without Smash Representation.

Attached: F6BEE1AD-467C-4EA3-B2B9-DE2B7A3AF356.jpg (1024x1008, 341K)

its a sad day kiryubro

Attached: 1556475941895.png (192x192, 73K)

I just want smash to be nintendo only....