Has Gabe gone mad?

Has Gabe gone mad?

Who the fuck is the market for this? Rich autistic single american programmers and no one else?

Attached: valvee.png (1003x779, 666K)

Other urls found in this thread:

valvesoftware.com/en/index
youtu.be/MyA4h8X209U?t=28s
youtube.com/watch?v=1Aix8NuU8pE
youtube.com/watch?v=qwcHnG8EDTw
youtube.com/watch?v=Tjzcuz7PN5k
stereo3d.com/hmd.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=1CpXIRdYHIg
arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/04/valve-index-reveal-the-best-of-vrs-first-generation-but-is-it-worth-999/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

t. poorfag

>Being surprised when Gabe himself said they were focusing on getting the tech out to developers/VR enthusiast's first and then to regular consumers
Wait until the next iteration.

I waited for 6 months to get nothing.
I don't want Rift/Vive since i love knuckles.
I wish i could hug my waifu.

Attached: Bean6.jpg (680x380, 33K)

Yes. Im not willing to drop £1k on a system with no games, that requires an entire room of your flat/house to be kept free of furnature to use properly.

What the fuck. Who is?

this IS the the next iteration isn't it? first gen of VR was like 5 years ago

Then leave this site homeless soi

Spending 1000 dollars on PC equipment is only OK when it's to make bricks and grass textures look a bit less blurry. Adding new capabilities with VR is an absurd use of money in comparison.

if you spend 1k on a graphics card you are retarded.

you can buy the controllers if you own a Vive, you don't need to own a Vive pro or Valve index for them

what's the absolute minimum graphics card needed for VR?

Here let me spoon feed you.

Attached: Capture.png (266x253, 42K)

>gen2 vr
>still overpriced with no games
AHAHAHAHAHA STOP IT

Attached: 1547225749178.png (593x568, 219K)

>you still need cables
>you still need a lot of space
>you still need to spend 1 grand on nogames tech
I don't see VR taking on any time soon.

Look at the catalog, don't make duplicate threads.

Not to complain about the price, I can think of many other things I can buy that are $1000 or less and still have a great time. Why are devs pushing this gimmick?

>Why are devs pushing this gimmick?
they arent. Which is why there are no games

>no games and 1k

Attached: Gtspain+gtelf+entirely+accurate+french+salt+_6ba3a259b0e4368043945291b77ee9ed.jpg (912x905, 96K)

who the fuck cares about VR
Just strap a TV to your face idiots

I can either go to another country in the actual world, have experiences and live -- or I can spend that money to stay in my room for even more time, forced to play subpar games that were made by some geeks who chose to study the wrong thing in their youths and now have to rip off other, younger, geeks to be able to justify their shitty decisions.

get a job loser

>I wish i could hug my waifu.

Attached: 1493056615210.png (591x716, 322K)

>Because you think $1000 for a headset for a platform that has barely any games, all of which you can play with headsets that cost half as much, you're a "poorfag"
The amount of cope in these threads is off the charts.

Attached: 43745838.jpg (138x140, 7K)

Why don’t you use that money to buy an ounce of gold? The amount of fiat money, stocks, derivatives, etc...add up to $1.7 quadrillion and when gold accounts for it the price of an ounce will skyrocket to $260,000.

>the controllers alone are 280 bucks
What the fuck. The price of the base stations is somewhat reasonable, and even the headset costing 500 bucks is fine, but fucking nearly 300 dollars for JUST the controllers? What the fuck.

>1000 dollars for everything
>Adding up the price of everything individually is 73 dollars cheaper

FINGER TRACKING AND ELASTIC BANDS!

Being responsable with money makes you a poorfag, didn't you know? Its likely a lot of NEETs who can spend 100% of their 'disabilty' checks on video games, because daddy pays for everything.

>All the Valve fags absolutely SEETHING

AHAHAHAHA

Attached: Men-Laughing.jpg (379x285, 30K)

the games they're making will only come with the bundle

If I wanted to pay 300 dollars for finger tracking I'd just wait it out for a high quality VR glove.

Is any of this compatible with the Vive stuff? Like can I buy just the knuckles and still use my old Vive?

Attached: 1556435463320.jpg (400x400, 33K)

yes

Read what the bundle with everything includes user, where does it say it includes video games.

Yes, controllers work with base stations 1.0

This glove meme needs to stop.
You NEED physical buttons in games 1:1 hand tracking looks cool, but it's a dumb useless meme
You need the interactivity buttons offer, having close to 1:1 finger tracking + buttons and sticks is by far the best option

yes you can buy the knuckles or the index hmd or the base stations (x2) independently and they all should work with existing vive hardware

it was made based on the vive so that's all intentional

i live in a fucking trailer and can afford this.

learn to budget numb nuts

My waifu dating sim is fun and all but i just want to hold her in vr

t. Doesn't own a PC
Even if the GPU did cost that much it's still a shit comparison as at least there are vastly more games that take advantage of a good GPU and a pathetically small amount that utilize a VR set.
Let alone any fun ones that amount to more than a few minutes of novelty.

Moreso that my money is worth more.
Imagine paying 1k for something that'll just collect dust.
People who are bad with money are typically poor.

What the fuck? Why would their be a package without the hubs if theyre required?

Attached: 55736c218e272533d3e442890a4afd25.png (199x40, 12K)

I'm not seething you're seething poorfag

WHY NOT INSIDE OUT TRACKING???!?? THOSE EXTRA SHIT ON WALLS IS RETARDED ON ALL VR HEADSETS

Attached: 1556578225084.jpg (745x799, 251K)

>£919.00
doa

Valve Index. The VR only for Real™ Whites®

that package is probably for existing vive owners who want to buy the HMD and controllers but are fine with the existing base stations they have

kudos to valve to letting people buy their product in increments if they're vive owners but the rest of this is a fucking trainwreck

Because inside out is shit

>their
that's why. Because people stupid as you exist.

because it's imprecise,had more latency thus induces motion sickness

user you don't need buttons, with good hand tracking it would nullify the need for buttons outright. For example a shooter would have no need to rely on buttons to swap fire rates on guns, you'd be able to use your own hands to do it. The only thing that would be beneficial to have a controller for would be a trigger, but once someone works out decent tech for physical feedback to make it feel like you're holding shit, controllers would be entirely irrelevant.

They don’t believe in it, apparently. Even though Quest has already shown you can have an excellent tracking experience in large play spaces, even with a measly 4 cameras.

inside out tracking does not work in dark rooms
inside out tracking loses its center point if you move too much
inside out tracking won't track your controllers as well if they go behind your back
inside out controller tracking isn't as fast as basestation tracking
inside out tracking is computed by the headset and introduces an overhead

go to dick with your inside out tracking, it will never be better than base station tracking
you can easily mount a pair of base stations with a drill in 5 minutes or with 3M hooks after letting them sit for an hour, it is not much work at all

arguing for inside out tracking is the same as arguing for circumcision, you cut off your foreskin because it's "easier" for you

fuck you

>1079€

Attached: 1435352635578.jpg (1846x1212, 244K)

This will crash harder than the steam mashines

THEY HAD ONLY FUCKING ONE JOB
FUCK AMERICANS

Attached: JUST.jpg (540x398, 41K)

why not just double the fucking price and develop a self contained pc/vr headset

Valve is the most out of touch company on the market.
Steam with infinite money made them absolutely clueless of what the industry actually needs and what consumer wants.
That led to steam machines, then steam controller, then artifact.

Hope the combination of shitty games flooding steam and Epic stepping up cuts them down from their throne. Nu-Valve shouldn't exist.

Attached: 1366789087701.gif (477x252, 1.22M)

I'm a little confused by the price point. If I have a rift, can I just pick up the knuckles or do I need to buy the "base station." What is the base station? What does it do? Do I need the headset to use the knuckles? Apart from the knuckles, what reason do I have to upgrade? Very little information is out despite it being on sale tomorrow.

>j-just wait for next generation
How long do I have to wait?
>j-just buy it poorfag
Not an argument.

Attached: Capture.png (266x214, 10K)

I don't think so. Some VRfags are pretty enthusiastic about anything VR. People will buy it, but most people will buy something like WMR, a Rift of some kind, or the Vive.

>vive and oculus failed because they're expensive
>everyone keeps saying mm-maybe when they get cheap
>years pass by
>Valve announces a 1000$ headset

>still no games

>game have only bad endings
You know, if Valve loses, Epic Shills will be even worse.
There is no purification option with no overlords.

honestly the gaming bundle is the only thing that could save this and I really don't think they're going to have anything flagship not even left 4 dead VR

maybe the front module will support a foveated rendering addon but fuck me if it would still be worth the price of HMD + module

Just buy it and call everyone else a poorfag and have fun with literally zero games or support for the thing.

>failed
millions of units sold
>everyone keeps saying
no, only facebook was saying this. people who are into VR want better hardware and aren't poor (keep in mind you need a top line gaming pc to run any vr software). I wont be buying the index because its a jillion dollars and only a marginal upgrade from my rift, but if I didnt have any hardware, I'd probably buy this valve trash.

All they had to do is a better Pavlov VR with CS:GO and proper support.
ALL THEY FUCKING HAD TO DO.

INSTEAD
A
THOUSAND
DOLLARS
FUCKING
HELMET

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME YOU FAT FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT?

Attached: 1376808651759.jpg (550x371, 27K)

mfw retards recently like HURR STEAM IS GONNA DIE EPIC STORE IS THE BEST!

Meanwhile valve is revolutionizing the VR, giving no fucks about soulless chinks. Based af

they're making 3 unannounced vr games, one could easily be CS:VR

I saw a video of someone going through a bunch of loops and got it working on a CV1 rift. Had to use a bunch of shit including the lighthouses.

I'm not single or autistic.

Don't you have a Smash thread to post in? Stupid nintoddlur

>millions of units sold
And ten games, 4,000 tech demos that support it.

Where were you when there were Smash threads literally filling the board.

At least they will have an example to avoid Valve's mistakes.
This must not go wrong, this injustice must end.

Attached: wf713z23krh11[1].jpg (1920x825, 124K)

>waaah it's so expensive
>Wahhh you need a whole room

Eh? It's cheaper than the vive pro and the room thing is common for vr. Dumb bitches here falling for pc gamer propaganda, which we know is on epic's payroll.

>1600 x 1440 resolution on each eye

What the fuck, I thought this was supposed to be premium. That's the same resolution as my Samsung VR helmet, and that has OLEDs instead of LCD.

Valve have actually outvalved themselves.
I cannot believe they didn't announce a game.

valve is dead

First gen is cv1 release.so march 2016 retard.

oculus touch isn't that far off knuckles

>failed

Attached: cat4.png (222x192, 67K)

>all these retards still whining about the price
cant you faggots take out a loan or something lol

Attached: Screenshot_256.png (979x666, 481K)

why the hell are they releasing this expensive piece of shit without a single incredible vidya to go with it? are they pretending that i give a shit about the tech

>failed
By what metric? Your mum's credit card limit?

>.46% of steam users
>not failed

Attached: ANUSTART.png (1067x554, 747K)

I whine about it not having games.

Attached: nogameshurrdurr.png (2577x1463, 1.48M)

Rich Chinese.

Economies of scale, user. Sometimes you want things to be accessible to masses so that riches can have better stuff too. So far VR's biggest problem is that it's expensive, so you get expensive games only finding limited audiences. Few devs make these as they are unprofitable, and many people look at price tag and no games and turn away, forming a vicious cycle.

Half of the games are literally vr ports, you might as well include payday 2 because it has a VR mode but you wont because you dont actually care to promote VR you are just bored. VR chat doesnt require VR because they know that would be retarded and they would have 20 players max.

>vrchat
You are definitely not doing that good if you have to include that in your list of games.

Attached: 1365867552542.gif (290x189, 2.73M)

Not that user, but you know exactly when you've pressed a button, you don't know exactly when you've interacted with some object in 3D space, force feedback gloves or not. This is why buttons will always be necessary.

You DO know VR actually grew last year, right?

>spend billions on VR research
>Hint that HL3 will arrive when VR is done
>good VR is still at least 20 years away

Attached: images.jpg (239x211, 12K)

>there are no games
here
>b-but
yeah ok.
You asked for worthwhile games to play in vr.
The thing you don't understand about vr ports is that vr adds something fundamentally different.
You can complain about ports on traditional plateforms, because they are just ports. They don't add anything, and even if they do it's just a bit of content or cosmetics.
A vr ports radically changes the game.
For example, Elite VR.
I had an issue with my HMD, I tried going back to standard flat gaming but I couldn't
I literally can't play elite anymore without VR
Even if vrchat is not vr only, it's a way better experience in vr and is worth your time.

In 50 years time I'll randomly remember this post and laugh as I'm decaying in my home.

It's a fun game, am I going to ignore it?

You know you can use the knuckles with the vive right?

You need to take that spacing and go back. I'm not reading that drivel.

Runs at 144hz

It's been over a decade since the touchscreen as the only real input has been a thing on a wide spread of devices, and they still fucking sucks for the exact same reason, except with moving a controller in 3D space you have a entire extra axis of not knowing to contend with.

The company I work for is buying 9 of them for dev purposes. We make VR apps for businesses, training software and the like. When we make an app for a client we offer hardware as part of the package, so we'll definitely be buying more. This will replace the Vive as the business facing VR headset.

>I-I'm not reading all this
HAHAHAHA

Attached: 99413288.png (327x316, 208K)

are you hiring?

literally the only social experience on pc that's good and it's cool seeing the avatars people make

Its for people that have fancy homes in Washington, so ya,rich autistic people that hate real video games

Why are poor people allowed to post at all?

OP kill yourself

Attached: 1551285754988.png (1366x768, 551K)

in 50 years this will not be an issue because we will have basic brain controlled actions.

>compares using your own hands to a flat button
You're a retarded user. Anyone who isn't a retard would be down for being able to have a glove controller with feedback over a conventional controller with buttons.

t. brainlet

>still using the brainlet meme in 2019
normalfag with shit opinions get off my board.
And I'd still laugh because controllers would be even less relevant.

Force feedback that /requires/ some sort of extensive full body mechanical apparatus either worn or externally on a rig (and even then a worn apparatus is still too limited)? Fuck yeah. Literally anything less than that, and the responsiveness just isn't there to be able to accurately play games with any amount of finesse.

Why don't poorfags just buy more money?

>If I have a rift, can I just pick up the knuckles or do I need to buy the "base station." What is the base station? What does it do?
No, you need the Base station(s) to track the Controllers. Their function is the same as the two sensors/cameras for the Rift you set on your table, but in a much larger space and more precise, also they don't need an USB connection (only electricity).

>Do I need the headset to use the knuckles?
No, you can use the Knuckles with any other VR HMD that works based on Lighthouse Tech e.g. Vive, Vive Pro, Pimax VR etc. There's even Workarounds for the Rift, but it's a bit complicated to set up and requires both the Lighthouse Base Stations and Oculus "Sensors".

>Apart from the knuckles, what reason do I have to upgrade?
Check the page with the hardware details: valvesoftware.com/en/index

Obviously, but for now buttons are more convenient than meme gloves and they will be as long as we don't have brain control

>>still no games

Attached: NOGAEMS_STEAMVR.jpg (5043x4697, 3.26M)

£1000 for a bunch of chinese hardware that probably costs

The next next next next next next next next next next next next next next iteration.

I have about 25k inherited by my grandma, should I cop one anons?

Attached: 1550719411913.jpg (720x720, 24K)

youtu.be/MyA4h8X209U?t=28s

Attached: NOGAEMS_OCULUSPSVR.jpg (4813x4255, 3.69M)

>t. seething poorfag

I can afford it, but I want fucking 4K headset from Valve or Oculus!!!

Why not, Right?

How good is your computer?

good one

Attached: VR_Growth.jpg (2160x1470, 1.22M)

>Tyler just uploaded a video
>You can hear the seething temper tantrum he is holding back
>"T-They had a press event, which I had no idea about"
lmao imagine dedicating your life to sucking Valves cock and getting cucked by them this hard.

Attached: 1459889944215.jpg (379x345, 76K)

link?

poorfag here.
why is it hard for Yea Forumsirgins to understand that high-end equipment that pushes the limit of what the industry can do must exist?

VR for the masses is still 5 years off, perhaps more, and valve didn't promise anything cheap; you know it won't come from them.
It's far more productive for you to go and get angry at Nvidia for the shit they are doing ( or AMD for what they AREN'T doing) in the GPU market.

And I wasn't even talking about now. I'm talking about when someone actually makes one. Valve's is an overpriced meme controller as of right now though.

rx 580, 2700x, and 16gb ram. I currently have a dell wmr. I'm reading here the displays are 144hz which will be difficult to hit on this video card, I'd have to really lower the resolution to hit that frame rate.

99% of those are tech demos. You cant argue against that. There is no point in getting vr until there are actual games. Fuck off shill.

look at the state the epic store itself is in compared to steam and tell me they're smart enough to learn by example

well i'm convinced. i'm going to spend a grand on valvevr.

>"Someone is definitely getting fired over this."
>*looks at other reporters scoops*
>"This was intentional?"
>"M-maybe they'll send me a review k-kit..."
>*checks e-mail*
>"O-okay then."

Attached: Its Ben.jpg (600x678, 250K)

There's tons of interesting indie and multiplayer games out for pc vr. Everyday on iggames they upload shit loads of them, fun to try them out once in a while.

>Skyrim
A port, VR adds scale and nothing else. Shit.
>Beat Saber
The only good VR game
>Hotdogs
A fucking target practice tech demo that is laughably out of date when you compare it too..
>Boneworks
Nigger thats not out, it looks like it might be something, or it could be literally nothing.
>Rec Room
Is this nigger serious? Its a social media platform for kids with basic shitty mini games in it. Did a pedo make this image?
>VR chat
Same shit as rec room, but for autistics and weebs
>Onward
Absolute fucking garbage
>Superhot VR
2 hours long
>Pavlov
An unfinished concept, not a 'bad' game but certainly not a good one. Gets points for not being overpriced trash like 99% of VR games at least.

yes user i'm sure it's worth every pennyAHahAHAhahAHA

Invest it in Disney

People who buy into VR are morons who don't mind paying 1000 bucks so what's the issue here?

They learned their lesson after he didn't reply to their free Vive

Its so good, you can literally hear him trying to keep his voice from breaking. He is so mad right now.

Attached: 1540347683957.gif (404x416, 204K)

>PSVR
Shits literally 30% the price of ValveVR, they're never going to move on from PSVR

>barely any games
over 3,000 games, user. dozens of games with native knuckles hand-tracking support from day one.

link?
sause?

Just look up VNN on youtube you dumb ass.

>custom fast switching LCD
Does this shit actually use TN?
lul what a piece of crap.

>99% of those are tech demos
99% of those are full games with multiple hours of playtime. Many of them are also Online which is hundreds of hours. There are no "Tech Demos" included in the picture like The Lab, TheBlu, Waltz of the Wizard, Batman VR or whatever.

>reading comprehension 1/10

What's VNN?

youtubers

the price does not tally with what it is

There's only one coming this year, it's HLVR. Valve isn't making CSVR, they're almost-officially supporting Pavlov instead, which really is just CSVR in every way but the name, and it's doubtful Valve could do it much better. I'd love to see the Danger Zone mode ported.

>99% of those are tech demos.
t. hmd-less fag
You have no idea what you're talking about

i've never spoken to a headset owner who uses it for anything other than hentai games, finding that all actual games are crap so far

$ ??

They are using 2nd gen as a marketing tactic but this is just a high end 1dt gen headset. It has no new features at all. God damn it, it's inside out tracking.

>Implying i keep track of game journalists or know who they all are.

Attached: !GotoReaction.png (769x778, 377K)

well that's an issue for the fags buying it.i am just happy new tech exists.

I think they know it won't sell many copies so they are pricing it way above what they should to recover development costs off the few thousand autists.

it's not new tech

Is Sony releasing another console?

He isn't a journalist, he is a youtuber and long time valve shill that has been the butt of many a joke in valve threads for years. He is the poster child for "A-ANY DAY NOW" with HL3 talk. Likely autistic, his entire life is about all things Valve, while Valve themselves don't give him the time of day. Its all pretty hilarious.

buy a $25k gold dildo and shove it up your ass

>spending a fucking grand on some VR shit that takes up an entire room and has no games yet
I'm glad I'm not as much of a loser as you guys. Thank you for posting. It makes me feel much better about myself.

>too poor

Farpoint.

>Why didn't they invite me?!
>Gabe! Gabe! GABE!
>Half-Life 3? Half-Life 3!

Nevermind.
I think this is an LTPS LCD
still pretty ehhhh..

I hate sounding like a Sony shill but this is the reason why the future of VR is on consoles, not PC. For the price of this headset you can get a ps4pro, a PSVR bundle, the Aim controller and like 10 games. And with the index you'd still have to drop another 1000$ in parts just to take full advantage of all features and, in the end, Sony is the one funding VR exclusives.

>average smartphone cost $531
>average smartphone annual plan cost $960
>cutting edge VR headset $500
WTF THIS MUST BE FOR BILLIONAIRES WHAT ARE THEY THINKING!????

wow guys kinnect is the future!

Valve literally gave him a free vive what are talking about.

you need to be 18 to post here

>inside out tracking does not work in dark rooms
FAKE It works well
>inside out tracking loses its center point if you move too much
happens a few times
>inside out tracking won't track your controllers as well if they go behind your back
Yep, this happens
>inside out controller tracking isn't as fast as basestation tracking
FAKE, is the same
>inside out tracking is computed by the headset and introduces an overhead
Yep, but this is not noticed unless you have a PC from the 80s

Attached: 23783.gif (283x189, 3.65M)

He hasn't been invited to any press event, Valve want nothing to do with him. And they gave a lot of free headsets out to people. Tyler is seething that he has devoted his life to Valve and doesn't get special treatment.

you're acting like there aren't any cheap vr options for pc.

>>average smartphone cost $531
How to spot the rich white LA kid.

Way to fucking smother VR in its crib, Gabe.

>That gif
wtf is that real?

Tyler is a known retard that doesn't deserve special treatment. you should have seen him raging on an Artifact stream because he wasn't getting good drops from loot boxes. Even everyone in the chat was telling him to chill out. Also listens to "lofi" music like the proper basedboy 20 year old fag he is.

nerve gas

>outside in sensor tracking in 2019
>$1000
>only benefit of the controller over the Rift's Touch is ring and pinky finger movement

Holy shit, you'd have to be a retard to buy this.

Any combination of pc hmd + gpu capable of running it costs more than a base ps4 and a PSVR bundle with multiple games. And you would still have to buy every other part for the pc. And 100 million people already own a ps4. And they actually fund their own exclusives. And they have brand recognition.

You can't win this fight. PC VR will continue existing for the porn and moddable content but the future of mainstream VR is consoles.

>>Holy shit, you'd have to be a retard to buy this.
It's aimed at Valve fanboys, so...

if you were an adult and understood basic math, this number wouldn't surprise you

Attached: phonecost.png (780x473, 66K)

>Oculus shills in 2019
Face it, you're the Mac of VR, nobody wants to touch that shit without being ready to crack it open.

Every one of these problems can be solved with a more expensive headset. Only reason the existing headsets have problems like this is because they are built to be cheap, not a thousand fucking dollars.

>vr at 1080p 30 fps
No thanks.

>implying the Quest won’t get cracked open

you have to sign up and ask permission with facebook to even run third party software on the Go/Quest, like you're signing up for some registered offender's list

PSVR has low resolution, but the screen and lens are still way better than the Rift and Vive. There's no screen door effect or god rays. I have a Rift and the 60 FPS games on a 120 HZ screen aren't even noticeable over the 90 HZ screen on the Rift. Kinda wish the Rift could do the same thing to reduce wasting GPU power. You have to do 45 FPS to get a similar effect on the Rift which sucks.

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not

Notwithstanding the fact that the VR headset is $1,000 with the controllers and "base station", and notwithstanding the fact that you can get a competent smartphone for $200 these days, there is the fact that a smartphone is almost an essential communications device in the modern age - at least, a phone is pretty much essential for organising job interviews and booking doctor appointments etc., and the smartphone capabilities will help you organise your life, find out where you are and how to get somewhere, read important emails, etc.

Whereas the VR headset is some overpriced loser shit that only massive nerds with nothing better to do with their lives would ever contemplate purchasing.

Pass.

How the fuck is a tracking solution reliant on being able to see the environment supposed to work if it can't see the environment?
Also any extra unnecessary overhead is unacceptable, regardless of how minor it may be.

>Being this tier of brainlet
"average smartphone" means a smartphone that isn't high end, not the average price of all smartphones. Why would anyone give a shit about that.

>How the fuck is a tracking solution reliant on being able to see the environment supposed to work if it can't see the environment?
>>HE THINKS EO sensors are limited by pesky things like light.

Brainlet please.

>How the fuck is a tracking solution reliant on being able to see the environment supposed to work if it can't see the environment?

The same way a Kinect works in pitch black darkness

We're talking low entry point. Performance or games, one or the other. Also check out the other reply, the guy is right. PSVR has the least screen door, 120hz screen and better screen and optics compared to any non-premium pc headset.

Costs a fraction, has exclusives and has marketing power behind it. Literally on a completely different level of competivity.

Told you all that it would flop.
Gabe is a greedy bastard, cope.

nice moving goalposts. I mean, why would anyone care about the actual prices people are paying? it's much better to cherry pick to fit your weak argument!

If you think a $500 smartphone is "average" you are the most spoiled kid in the world.

Attached: 1530330056011.jpg (281x307, 15K)

Don't bother, both those fags are projecting a whole lot.

Inside out tracking is literally built around computer vision, from off the shelf webcam tier cameras, which need light bouncing off of discernible objects in the immediate environment. No light, no tracking.
The Kinect has a IR blaster and relies on capturing that IR light to track, which avoids the low light issue somewhat (the kinect still has a normal RGB camera that worked in tandem, which without it doesn't track as well), but all inside out tracking solutions have no IR blaster or flashlight apparatus built in to alleviate the no light problem, probably because a fixed point of light on the headset would screw up the tracking given that what the cameras are seeing would be constantly changing with the constant change in lighting from moving the head.

I fucking hate Gabe, fuck you, fuck you and fuck everyone who enabled your shitty decision making. You wasted so much development time AND money on something completely useless, unwanted and dead-on-arrival when you could have used that on Half-Life 3. Valve, I hate you. I hate your very existence, I hate every single fiber that currently makes up the bodies that hosts the soulless machines called a Valve employee. I hate every single person who enabled Valve's shitty anti-video game behavior. I fucking hate Valve. I curse everyone at Valve involved, I curse you with suffering and misfortune. I curse you to suffer a slow and painful death until you release Half-Life 3.

Attached: kermit going nuclear.jpg (225x224, 5K)

>he thought companies were his friends

>it's a reddit screenshot episode
kys yourself, my dude.

Based and redpilled.

It’s almost like buying a high end VR headset at release as an early adapter would be expensive.

I fucking swear y’all retards never keep your perspective. Y’all knee jerk just as bad as tumblr with shit like this.

That’s why you still live in a trailer

Will I be able to use the Vive baystations/lighthouses with the Index?

Attached: 1521413099446s.jpg (250x237, 9K)

It's almost like it doesn't matter when Valve went out of their way to hype this DOA crap up out of their retarded expectation that literally everyone everywhere will cough up 1000 dollars for something that's not even better than Vive.

>rich
>autistic
>single
>american
Hey I take offense to that! I for sure ain't buying this garbage either.

Yes, 1.0 stations are objectively the best ones.

It's hilarious that they're charging over 100 bucks each for the "new" ones which cost next to nothing to produce due to a much simpler design, and an incompatibility with 1.0 stuff.

you smell, back to tumblr retard

Blessed Kermitposter calling Valve out on their bullshit.

I have €10,000 and dont know what to do with it. Tell me what you would do. I genuinely dont know what to spend it on. Dont like cars.

i doubt they're trying to rip you off, it's probably just that expensive to develop and produce it. it's new technology, probably much more of it than whatever $1000 iphone X had on release. poorfags can get previous gen headset, richfags get all of the cool toys. anyway, vr moves forward and i'm happy even if this step of evolution won't affect me for a while

i'm an eastern european poorfag, i have previous gen vr headset, and i could afford index but it'd eat away all of the spare money i have right now. if i'd be really desperate to get their product, i could have afford it, and as i said, i'm not that rich. i don't think their price is really that ridiculous

Attached: 15297746102628.jpg (249x291, 10K)

Attached: blade & sorcery.webm (1280x800, 553K)

>still wanting Half-Life 3 from NuValve
Let it go, user.

>FAKE It works well

No it doesn't, It's one thing I hate about my Odyssey. When I want to go for a fap in VR I have to blast the lights on at night.

Valve is literally the only company right now capable of making Half-Life 3 because they own the fucking thing. They just autistically refuse to let a different company make Half-Life 3 or give it away to a vidya company who cares. (And Gabe sure isn't gonna sell Half-Life unless he gets an impossible amount of money out of it because he autistically keeps the IP to himself)

We do not want a revolutionary Half-Life 3.
We do not want a mind-blowing Half-Life 3.
We just want a fucking Half-Life 3, and we will get it if we have to wring the IP out of Valve's dead body.

>California Residents
>WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm
associated with materials used in Base Station housing, power supply, and cables

Attached: 1324039988255.jpg (590x500, 44K)

That's it, this is what kills VR. Actually scratch that, VR has been dead because it is a meme gimmick fad.

Attached: smug hank.jpg (231x281, 15K)

>We do not want a revolutionary Half-Life 3.
>We do not want a mind-blowing Half-Life 3.
no, you don't want it. half-life-universe-loving pcbros are one percent of entirety of people interested in hl3, at this point waiting for hl3 is a meme, valve couldn't possibly live up to the hype no matter what

huh, i wasn't aware of this particular word filter.
valvequadrocopters
valveunmannedaerialvehicles

>have country clubs gone mad? Who could possibly afford those membership fees?

Attached: gettyimages-sb10062877b-001-1024x1024.jpg (1024x680, 343K)

try googling it yourself if you don't believe me

Delusional. Nobody ever cared about Half-Life being a tech demo, nobody ever did. Literally the only one who unironically believes that retarded autism is Gaben who somehow thinks that Half-Life must be revolutionary or else he must commit suicide. Gabe is genuinely so retardedly autistic and braindead that he actually believes that Half-Life needs to be revolutionary when, in fact, nobody cares about Half-Life being "revolutionary".

>the retards in this thread
It doesn't matter if you're willing or able to drop a grand on the Index yourself--most people won't. VR is already considered a prohibitively expensive gimmick by most consumers, which is why fuck-all has been developed for it.
What's the fucking point of buying it when there is and will be nothing to play?

VR has been around for how many years now? And yet nothing of significance has come from it, and never will.

The hilarious part is people deluded themselves into believing the nu-VR craze wasn't a gimmick like all the others, when that's exactly what it's become. There hasn't been one single large AAA VR-exclusive game developed yet as far as I know.

I didn't understand his bullshit reason for not working on another Half-Life. Why even work on anything at all if he feels that way?

Is it wireless? I'll buy it if it is.

It isn't. You can buy the new wireless oculus... but it's an underpowered PoS, as any wireless VR is bound to be.

VR is cool.
I'd go so far as to say very cool.
It is not in any way $999 worth of cool.
I am sold on VR.
Not that sold.
It is a peripheral.
The minimum required hardware to run said peripheral is already costly.
I watched that meeting where they talk about how difficult it is for them to get VR to actually take off.
This, as a response to the issues they raised, creates some mixed messages.
I think I'm just going to give up on the pipe-dream of ever owning a VR headset.

Attached: efc66c514d7e313df6b4d2153a40f14ca.jpg (600x600, 95K)

>single large AAA VR-exclusive game
why don't you add some more overly specific qualifiers just in case

looking at all of you seething poorfags making up excuses for your burning hate towards the new cool gimmick makes me weirdly excited

Attached: 0.jpg (898x679, 51K)

>all of these CEO charts trying to justify this piece of crap

I mean the oculus quest and rift s are coming out at 399, and a vive will probably fall to that sooner, so there are options for a large breadth of pay brackets. Even the cheapass wmr headsets are very affordable. On top of that the knuckles are virtually compatible with most headsets save for the quest. im more frusterated that valve's software team are being such tsundre little bitches when it comes to their inhouse games. thats whats gonna sell vr. I dont understand their communication or lack thereof.

>Who the fuck is the market for this?
I mean, has it not been fucking obvious? SteamOS, Steam Link, Steam Controller, Steam Machines, SteamVR, Artifact?

Valve makes products that appeal to people who work at Valve. If you live in the suburbs of Redmond, work in tech, have a huge beard and say "open" a lot, you love these things.

The other 99.2% of PC gamers could care less.

Attached: immersive.webm (1920x1080, 2.39M)

>new cool gimmick

What's the new gimmick?

>nobody cares about Half-Life

Remember Yea Forums, review bomb Index.

find me one single VR game (not a port of an existing game) that can stand on its own against traditional games. Meaning something with a decent story, solid gameplay, an immersive world, etc. Something that's entirely original and a reason to actually purchase VR, not just another one of dozens of stupid tech demos where you go around and throw objects around or shoot at things.

You VR cucks have fallen into the sunk cost fallacy, you will do whatever is necessary to defend the money you've wasted.

>everyone complaining about the price

Yea Forums, you are the casuals

We need an enthusiast VR board

the casuals are ruining VR

Attached: 1460525090381.gif (491x271, 1.59M)

Why does it have to be stand alone?
Can't the tech be used to enhance existing game types?
Don't like it don't buy it.
Not hard.

>We need an enthusiast VR board
Eh...trust me, user, these threads are the best and closest you can come to unless you wanna drop by vrg and fare better there.

>this particular product costs too much and technology as a whole is not selling as well as some would want it to sell, therefore i won't buy a more affordable device that offers similar functionality even though games are already there

i guess you can give up, but there is also an option of buying $400 worth of cool from a different manufacturer

Attached: 1555258221686.png (1068x1478, 714K)

Valve should just do us all a favor and sell their vidya IPs to other companies. This shitshow shows that they no longer care about making video games. Give TF2 to Nintendo.

why can't it have shooting or throwing in? I could name a bunch of great games and you'd find some excuse why they don't count

Robo Recall is not just a great VR game, it's a great game overall. The problem is that it's short as fuck and the writing was pulled from the ass of a dorky chucklefuck stuck on memes from 15 years ago.

Battlezone

Those exist on PSVR, where the cost isn't as prohibitive. PCVR's barriers to entry are so high, that no game can possibly stand on its own.

No video game is worth spending $1,000 plus the cost of a rig to play. Simple as that.

When you compare a game like Robo Recall to similar games in the same genre, it becomes a laughable joke.

Virtua Cop 2 is a better, more satisfying shooting experience than anything in VR by a hundred miles.

I've made friends all around the world because of VRC. Doing better than I ever have.

>We need an enthusiast VR board

>trust me, user, these threads are the best and closest you can come

no, go to /vip/ that's literally how you weed out the plebs

>obligatory response

youtube.com/watch?v=1Aix8NuU8pE

Yeah waving your arms around like a monkey flinging turds and ducktaping a screen on your face is a very sophisticated hobby for enthusiasts.

I can't believe Valve is wasting their time with this gimmick technology when they could take this effort to fix up Artifact instead.

>wanting Artifact to be fixed
Kill yourself, it needs to disappear forever.

>fix dead app

>just throw money into a fire

And doing that while jerking off. You forgot that part.

So classy am I right? Pity I'm too poor to join this exclusive club.

get a gun

just buy the controllers and any used headset and lighthouses that will hit the market when people upgrade

fucking poorfags

*ahem*

FUCK C*SUALS

youtube.com/watch?v=qwcHnG8EDTw

Attached: satania checkum.png (265x340, 145K)

Why buy anything, used or otherwise, when there is zero compelling content?

Save the 8k and use the rest to build the best pc possible. Then pirate all your games.

Imagine charging 1000 bucks for your new headset when you can't even afford an intern to work on making SteamVR less of a complete failed mess.

Isn't it crazy to think that some retard with unity and a free plugin managed a better desktop browser than the entire coding department over at Valve? You'd think if you were charging a grand for the hardware, you'd at least fucking put an IOTA of effort into the software side of things.

>y'all

I can hear your fat jiggling from here.

Have sex unironically, get fine yourself a nice whore

>Robo Recall

youtube.com/watch?v=Tjzcuz7PN5k

I watched 15min of this and I just don't see the appeal at all. This is the main issue I have with VR, you can't actually walk around the maps, so most games solve this by having you select an area to go to and the game moves you to that spot, over and over again. Nevermind that almost all of these games are just arcade like shooters, nothing actually with depth, which is fine, if you like these arcade style games. nothing wrong with that but it just doesn't appeal to someone like me at all.

In order for VR to attract me it has to actually have something special, something that's not just generic and boring like most of what I see, and from a gameplay perspective I think VR will always be inferior to a traditional experience outside of games where you just stand in one location the entire game and shoot things or w/e.

nay, buy the Valve Index and wait the new basestations/knuckles out, the new HMD is the most important the other shit is still just memes

>he bought 1000+ dollars worth of hardware to play a f2p game

Attached: 1424792505793.jpg (125x148, 8K)

Attached: gadgeteer.webm (1280x720, 2.9M)

Retard.

cope

True post. VRshills still have not come up with a reply yet.

I bet you buy $100 burgers with gold leaf, just so you can shit gold, don't you?

Yeah, you are.

Watch the video retard.

Does the vr headset play noise or are headphones required for a good vr experience? I have tinnitus and hyperacusis (don't @ me because I tested my hearing and its perfectly fine) now and I can't wear headphones because they hurt after a few minutes.

Hope speakers don't ruin the vr experience

Attached: maymayyy.png (1760x1291, 2.93M)

>mfw can't afford new VR right now and current one is wigging out on me

Attached: Pirates VR.webm (1280x720, 676K)

Friendly reminder that whoever was behind the Dota2 VR spectator thing got fired several months ago, left it in a totally broken state (It seriously does not work. At all.) and it remains broken to this day.

Their entire software dept. is one giant mess of scattershot ideas and forced, unwanted "features" whose only purpose is to stand as an indicator they're actually working on something, so they don't get fired.

Also, I can't wait to see if the terrible hardware QA that was exemplified by the awful and chincy Steam Controller finds its way to this $1,000 headset as well.

VR only works with racing and simulator games. Everything else is trash. So unless you're German, there is no reason to get a VR headset.

>more than 1000€ for a less shitty Vive Pro
>Valve VR game coming "soon" totally for real this time :^)

I can't even imagine the target audience for this.
Just like I couldnt imagine it for the Steam machine or Artifact.
Has Valve really lost it?

Attached: 1548426344565.png (500x644, 185K)

>you can't actually walk around the maps
Yes you can, in most games movement works the same way it does in "normal" games. You use an analog stick or a touchpad if you're on Vive.
>most games solve this by having you select an area to go to and the game moves you to that spot
This really isn't accurate, it's way outdated knowledge and only really applies to old games which have not been updated. Most everything else has normal movement and in some cases other special systems (like 0g movement in Lone Echo).
>you just stand in one location the entire game
Again, this really isn't accurate in any real way. FPS works much better in VR than it does otherwise, you have much greater freedom of action.

This. Any game where you're sitting down works fine.

Attached: dangers of VR.png (832x538, 657K)

They are basically Nintendo 2.0 at this point. Except Nintendo still makes games.

This all reminds me of those Novint Falcon threads saying it would be the future of gaming and everybody would own one.

They probably have a huge profit margin on them to make up for the very limited sales. That hardware is likely not worth half that price.

>Yeah, you are.

Attached: gigasoi.jpg (324x419, 41K)

based gabe. vr anime wife first, nekomaid next

>no eye tracking
What were they thinking?

>>Also, I can't wait to see if the terrible hardware QA that was exemplified by the awful and chincy Steam Controller finds its way to this $1,000 headset as well.
I'm sure it will. One thing that the Vive really impressed me with was how solid everything felt, it felt like an 800 dollar product, I'm sure this Valve stuff is going to be cheap as fuck by comparison.

wow guys! hey Liara! Singularity! haha FUS RO DAH!!! hahaha the kinnect is the future guys!

Pavlov is my favorite VR vidya that's not a car racing sim, recently i've learned that you don't get completely raped on every encounter if you don't join servers with csgo maps. Had a blast while actually being able to compete in pavlov's multiplayer
>my motion tracking is two ps moves and eyetoys
>thought i'm shit in multiplayer because my tracking is shit and everyone else can react instantly/aim much easier than i do
>turns out i can aim well if i try hard enough
>turns out i'm not any slower than anyone else, people on counter strike maps were just prefiring a lot
feels good

Attached: 2888.webm (900x380, 2.8M)

>I can't even imagine the target audience for this.
>Just like I couldnt imagine it for the Steam machine or Artifact.
tl:dr, Valve makes products for people who work at Valve

Attached: bloomberg VR.png (925x1028, 621K)

Literally only soibois are excited for this steaming disaster.

>That hardware is likely not worth half that price.
It's not worth one tenth of that price, they're trying to make up for the insane expenditure costs of running a fucking factory.

Honestly, I wish Valve weren't making so much fucking money off underage gambling, they really deserve to feel the multi million dollar hole they're pouring this VR money into.

Is that the face you made when Valve announced the Index?

Hold up, it says it's $450 for just headset alone.

If I already have an HTC Vive, can I just buy the headset and still use my old lighthouses and the Vive controllers? it seems all this shit is compatible with each other?

Attached: 1556514710204.png (317x350, 168K)

Attached: Freddy.png (500x413, 143K)

You homos forget he had his own gf, that he got when she still had her vcard. He also has his own house. AND HIS OWN INCOME. don't think even 90% of people in this thread need any of the things he has.

I'd agree except no enthusiast here bothers to talk about actual VR anyway. Believe me I try.
The only VR threads that survive are bait threads and tranny threads

he also came and shat his pants

>it's available, overseas, in bongistan
>not available in canada
Brilliant marketing, Valve.

Yes they are

*I don't even think.

>poorfags LITERALLY seething

Attached: 1545166679558.gif (320x240, 2.38M)

You can, yeah.

Yeah, and that's a reasonable upgrade path if you were looking into the Vive Pro already.

If you're a sane person who doesn't think a tiny resolution bump is worth 500 bucks though, maybe you're better off waiting. I know the headset will be 200 dollars in a couple of years when they're on clearance, so I'm definitely waiting.

holy shit I haven't seen the original in forever

I'd like to add that there's 0 reason to buy the new lighthouses if you already have the old ones because they only upgrade range + the number of lighthouses you can have connected at once

Looking forward to VaIvedrones seething like little babies when Index flops hardcore.

This is bros. I'm going for the true waifu experience.
I thought the Vive Pro alone is way better than Vive? and this Index shit is better than the Pro?

>only defense is "lol poorfags"
This is your brain on being a VRshill.

Tell that to the carbon tax that is makeing shit expensive. The only reason it's not coming out to leafworld is because taxes are too high, you have to pay $50 for 1 pound of beef, over here in Texas I only have to pay 5 for 3lb.

>tfw ResiVII, Astrobot, and Tetris Effect are never ever on pc vr

I hate this so much

> no porn
lol wtf

based Freddy always buying the latest overpriced tech.

Why invest in VR? Is gave newell on crack? This just seems like its going to be a huge loss for valve. VR will keep staying a meme forever

Maybe if you didn't sit around all day and jack off to hentai, and got a job. You could have some fucking cash.

>I thought the Vive Pro alone is way better than Vive? and this Index shit is better than the Pro?
Yes, I've seen some disturbing posts that seem to suggest the OG Vive's screen is okay though
Maybe they have cataracts?
Index is fine for what it is, a Vive Pro MkII, it's just bad at being the messiah of VR

Attached: 1550803953475.jpg (1920x1080, 261K)

Wait until the next iteration is what people told folks concerned about the price of the vive, and that went the opposite way.

they don't want monopoly money.

>only attack is "lol screen strapped to your face" or "no gaems" even though games are there
this is your brain on poverty malnourishment

The same people who rush to buy reference cards from nvidia before other manufactures like PNY or EVGA start pushing out their own models. I bet OP is a consolefag who has no idea what the PC gayman scene is like.

Attached: example-63033.jpg (1024x1024, 58K)

>You will teabag the VR fags in your lifetime in CS
>they will have to choice but to lay down and gaze at your crotch in 144hz

Attached: 1436647994055.jpg (699x771, 149K)

>>I thought the Vive Pro alone is way better than Vive? and this Index shit is better than the Pro?
No. This is going to be on par with the pro, maybe slightly better. And the Pro is already considered a very minor upgrade by pretty much everyone.

For 200 bucks, it's worth it for people who really want a slight fidelity increase. 500? Not so much.

Holy shit, are you guys being paid by facebook to shill here? You discord trannies need to go back.

>Valve losing money with their garbage ideas and shartifact
>Epic makes trillions

god I can't when steam dies.

Attached: 1548956360413.jpg (1077x683, 218K)

His own wife actually

VR doesn't allow forced camera movement, so the best you can do is jump into their ghost's face.

No the Vive pro is better, the only thing the valve index is better in its frame rate.

Does this fucking mean the price of the wireless adapter is going down any time soon? All I fucking want for my HTC VIVE is to kill the fucking wires and go wireless but FUCK paying 300 bucks for the adapter

Attached: 1556547188351.png (734x804, 858K)

>vr chat
>and some tech demos

@460503250
Only games are
>Shooty bang bang 13
>I swing sword and flail like a retard
>Beat Saber
>some shitty gimmick puzzle game

because it sucks

The entire imported foods industry (basically all foods at this point, we don't even sell Canadian tomatoes or cucumbers anymore) begs to refute such a bold claim. Niggas don't give a SHIT about carbon, they love to import grapes from India rather than California. I bet if India made PooVR they'd import that too. I can't tell if keeping Californian goods out of my country is incredibly gay or incredibly based.

t. Poorchinkman

>gnn ports are bad
see

He says that his fiancé, but I don't buy that crap. I feel like he neglects her too much for valve. I feel like he should leave his current job and spend some time with her for a month or two.

if i buy this will we get half life 3?

Have sex.

>@
What the fuck is this?
All I know is that canada is a shit hole, and selling the valve index would just cost them more money.

Only if you buy 3

$1000 and below for a VR headset is good though. these things used to cost at least $5000+ for even worse tech than we got right now.

quit being fucking stupid.

>VR still doesn't have any loli fucking simulators
AM KEEPING ME MONEY IN JAIL

@460503652
Haha, he mad.

uuhhhmmm.... Nope
we first have to ship dota 3
then we have to ship portal 3
then we have to ship l4d3
then we have to ship team portal
then we have to ship counter dota

That settles it I'm buying five of them

>@
What are you doing nigger
Is this bait

Another reason why the PC market is collapsing further

You pay for your vr games? Haha.

Inside-out tracking is worse AND more expensive, all to avoid plugging in a box you can just throw on top of a bookshelf and forget. People who think the lighthouses are a big inconvenience are idiots.

Because it's compatible with the original lighthouses, so if you have the original vive you don't need new ones

>1000 piece of tech with no game
>only need a unnamed dual core processors
Interesting

Attached: HAHAHAHA.jpg (1162x902, 144K)

NOT AVAILABLE IN CANADA
>NOT AVAILABLE IN CANADA
NOT AVAILABLE IN CANADA
>NOT AVAILABLE IN CANADA
NOT AVAILABLE IN CANADA
>NOT AVAILABLE IN CANADA
NOT AVAILABLE IN CANADA
>NOT AVAILABLE IN CANADA
NOT AVAILABLE IN CANADA
>NOT AVAILABLE IN CANADA
NOT AVAILABLE IN CANADA
>NOT AVAILABLE IN CANADA
NOT AVAILABLE IN CANADA
>NOT AVAILABLE IN CANADA
NOT AVAILABLE IN CANADA
>NOT AVAILABLE IN CANADA
NOT AVAILABLE IN CANADA
>NOT AVAILABLE IN CANADA
NOT AVAILABLE IN CANADA
>NOT AVAILABLE IN CANADA
NOT AVAILABLE IN CANADA
>NOT AVAILABLE IN CANADA
NOT AVAILABLE IN CANADA
>NOT AVAILABLE IN CANADA
NOT AVAILABLE IN CANADA
>NOT AVAILABLE IN CANADA

IMAGINE being this wrong
Not gonna spoonfeed you champ

First world countries only, bucko.

Attached: canada.jpg (510x448, 39K)

Every single OEM in the VR space not named Valve has abandoned external tracking for a reason, and it sure isn't cost.

might as well, look at this thing. its a piece of shit from 2005 yet its selling for almost $1000 fucking USED.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1197x370, 76K)

>selling for

It's listed for, not selling for.

>Virtua Cop 2 is a better, more satisfying shooting experience than anything in VR

Attached: 1507120789424.png (396x385, 133K)

what ody tho, one of those new meme chinese headsets?

They both have their strengths and weaknesses and Valve is deliberately pursuing the high-end market. I'm glad we have options.
Inside-out is great and all that but it's not nearly as foolproof as people pretend. At least once you have external set up, it just works. Inside-out is always conditional on room conditions being perfect, there's a lot of little things that will degrade tracking significantly.

Yeah, because Time Crisis 4 is much more satisfying.

>Inside-out tracking is more expensive

Oh fuck off. For the price of two base stations alone you can get a complete WMR headset.

>Virtua Cop 2 is a better, more satisfying shooting experience than anything in VR by a hundred miles.

Attached: index.png (633x874, 85K)

>Who the fuck is the market for this?
No one, this is just a desperate attempt to pull back some burned money before they shut down vr for good

its a $10,000 headset.
stereo3d.com/hmd.htm

Samsung odyssey, a WMR headset

probably the only reason oculus is pushing it is because their base stations on the vive are so shit
im pretty sure after release 90% of users set everything up, tried to turn 180° and called tech support because the tracking stopped working

I feel bad for zoomies who have only ever seen lightgun cabinets in the museum.

>Overload isn't on there.

Why?

I'm talking about computational expense. To get the same tracking quality you get with lighthouse tracking means your PC is having to process images constantly to establish tracking

oh.. when i was looking for a headset to buy i did check the wmr stuff because its cheap.. skipped it because there seems to be patchy support for controllers and tracking
why cant they make 'openvr' headsets. would give me more confidence than a microsoft 'standard'

You're not watching a guy who knows how to play. That's just a guy shooting stuff. The game is about fast, creative takedowns.

You can grab guys, rip their limbs off, beat them with the limbs, use their parts as weapons, grab bullets out of mid air and flick them back, bounce guns off them, toss them 50 ft away then teleport to where they're gonna land and grab them out of the air and piledrive them, DMC style throw them in the air and juggle them with pistols... you can even just box them if you want. You have yet to see the game in all its glory.

Attached: RobRec1.webm (1920x1080, 966K)

>he still believes what he said

>that website
it's like im in 1998 again, fantastic

wmr hmds are compatible with steamvr, only not compatible with steamvr tracking.
You can play any vr game with it.

You're kidding right?
Are you seriously pretending that nobody but 30yo boomers have played lightgun arcade games?
Also lightgun arcade games are fucking terrible, kys.

>Virtua Cop 2 is a better, more satisfying shooting experience than anything in VR by a hundred miles.
What was this arcade shooter called where you could move on this small carpet and it the player character actually moved like you? Like you had to duck behind cover or walls. I forgot its name.

Police 9/11? It was fun, but a bit gimmicky compared with Virtua Cop.

Sounds like police trainer

Attached: Ready Player Ton.webm (852x480, 2.82M)

I've bought OR a year ago, I don't plan to buy anything else of this type for like 2-3 years down the road. Sure, Beat Saber, Robo Recall and Elite Dangerous is cool, but there just aren't enough games for it which aren't party garbage.

VR is complicated, it wasn't supposed to be like this at all but Facebook came in and basically fucked everything up and now everything is fragmented and we have consolewar faggotry brewing hardcore.
WMR and SteamVR is as open as it gets though. They've been working to get WMR support up to speed quickly this past year and it's good now.

>RX 580
This is pretty good bait user. If you're even going to consider buying the Index, take another $300-400 of that money and put it into a card that can fully support the Index.

Attached: 1536542431113.jpg (434x405, 24K)

This game was ruined by the fucking tether running under my feet, hopefully it runs acceptably on Quest.

>the VR player laughing his ass off
kek

>only not compatible with steamvr tracking.

They are kinda though. I was going to buy the Knuckles for my Odyssey but the Basestations are $150 each which is way too much. I'll just wait for a sale.

youtube.com/watch?v=1CpXIRdYHIg

It's just marketing
>create a product known to be of premium quality, sells fuck all but creates good buzz
>release a cheap version and pretend it's still representative of the premium brand, sells a ton due to the existing good buzz

Yup, that's the one. I got to play it only a few times, but it sure made an impression on me back then.

In what way is the Vive Pro better? Index is RGB so it has a higher sub-pixel count and it has a higher FoV.

yeah, its pretty fucking annoying they cant just stick to one standard/ library
makes it a pain in the dick for game developers too which is never good

Quest isn't a gaming headset. It's just for gimmicky viewing stuff. The fact that it's wireless should have been a dead giveaway.

Attached: 1553207840545.jpg (1920x1517, 329K)

Gaben finally lost the fucking plot

Kill this fat kike

>taking out a loan on anything except a maturing asset

The displays are meant to run at 90/120 and valve calls 144 "experimental".

>Epic games stealing their consumer base
>All they do is release a ded platform

nice strategy

why do you NEED the baystations? cant you just use the headset in a seated form without them? like if I want to use VR for racing/driving games why would I need to move anything other than my head?

>create a product known to be of premium quality, sells fuck all but creates good buzz
That's why we need to ensure that it generates as much negative buzz as possible.

both of these are trash, inside-out is a meme, you might as well use a gearvr

Even in sim racing games you still want to move your head a bit. 3DoF means your head is on a stick and it feels off.

Why can't valve go back to making vidya? I just wanna get HL3

Higher FOV is actually a negative if you think about it, it means an inferior PPI which means inferior resolution in the center of the image, which is where you're actually looking.

It's good for other reasons, but I'd still prefer a lower FOV at this stage because the screen tech is just so garbage anyway that the additional 10% PPI will make a bigger difference than peripheral vision will.

Remember that VR launched without controllers or even roomscale thanks to Oculus and we've been getting these technologies tacked on piecemeal in competing formats ever since
Valve has been very generous in sharing VR research and Oculus repaid them by poaching employees and pushing exclusivity. And then they teamed up with HTC which has been lousy. There's lots of bad blood all around.
Was hoping that the Index could be a good unifying HMD but at $1000 it's unlikely. So hopefully we'll get WMR 2.0 to patch up some of the issues with its inside-out tracking so we'll at least have options but it looks like the industry will fracture even further.

Literally anything with pvc insulation
Don't eat the cables.

you know this for a fact?

>like if I want to use VR for racing/driving games
Just get something with inside-out then
O+ during one of its $300 sales is ideal

Even a literal minimum wage slave can afford to spend 1k on their hobby. Are people memeing or is it NEETs and underage actually seething here?

There's nothing stopping you from moving the dial that makes the screen further back if you really prefer that. Regardless, the Index still comes out being the same if not better than the Pro due to the higher sub-pixel count.

Where's the games Gabe? There needs to be some fucking Valve games to warrant a new headset.

yes but I thought the baystations were for full room scale, wouldn't moving your head work just based on acceleromoters or whatever?

I wouldn't be surprised if 50% of the traffic on Yea Forums comes from South American net cafes and phones

If this thing fails and Valve finally shuts down this VR shit, will I then finally get the HL2: Episode 3 I have been waiting 12 years for? Hell, I'd even be down for another Portal game.

I dont want to be locked into using Oculus's store and want to be able to use it on steam games

>>There's nothing stopping you from moving the dial that makes the screen further back if you really prefer that.
That doesn't increase the PPI.

pc gaming enthusiasts
if your rig is "budget" you're not really apart of the master race

luckily oculus is going for casuals with the wireless headsets
hopefully they just fuck off and do their own thing (rip carmack) and everyone else can focus on making standardised libs/api on the pc

It's Basestations.

Google 3DoF vs 6DoF. Roomscale is just what it's capable of but you still need something for basic 6DoF.

Just because you can afford it doesn't mean it's worth the money.

Samsung Odyssey+ is Windows Mixed Reality which uses SteamVR to do basically everything
It's a great HMD but apparently there may be comfort issues if your head is a certain shape

It increases the pixel per angle which is what you should be really be calculating if you're factoring in FoV.

I can afford to spend $700 to upgrade from the Vive, and those Knuckle Controllers are indeed dope.

But you gotta announce fucking Half-Life already. I'm not paying all that money just for higher resolution beat saber. Hell to my knowledge there's not a single major VR game that's made directly for the Knuckle Controller yet.

good I dont want to be apart of reddit meme group

I honestly think they will start getting their shit together after this flops

arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/04/valve-index-reveal-the-best-of-vrs-first-generation-but-is-it-worth-999/
>first generation
when the fuck is 2nd gen, I thought this was it

No, they're busy with Proton and converting PC gaming to Linux anyway.

Attached: 1556372470855.png (1248x944, 2.02M)

>Hell to my knowledge there's not a single major VR game that's made directly for the Knuckle Controller yet.
There isn't a major VR game period.

$500 for a new headset on release and $280 for controllers as complicated as the knuckles is pretty reasonable. The only cost I question is the base stations, especially since the newer models were intently designed to drive down costs.

More likely that Valve will just retreat in shame behind Steam and cancel development on all games out of shame. No updates to any of their released games either, ever.

I don't think you understand...Valve is fully committed to VR. Steam exists to fund their VR research. It's not going away, they are as much a VR company as Oculus.

Dear god is there any fucking hope that they will start making games again? I miss them so much.

thats cool
you're probably part of an autistic discord server

Six years of Valve's life wasted on VR. That's gonna make Valve seethe when reports of Index flopping and failing storms in.

Boneworks

People thought this was going to be it, but this is basically another gen 1.5 halfstep which makes the price all the more unappealing.

nope. keep projecting

They already confirmed they're making three games for vr and one will release this year.

Attached: i like that jump.webm (352x196, 1011K)

Sometimes you have to burn the bridge behind you so the only path left is forward
You luddite cowards can stick to your regurgitated flat games, you are irrelevant in the grand scheme

A tech demo, with no release date on the horizon. That's not enough.

Valve needs to announced Left 4 Dead VR, Half-Life, and maybe something set in the Team Fortress universe.

spoiler: it never releases

And it will flop for not being a true video game.

Are the original base stations going to work with this thing or am I going to have to dump money on the full package?

Attached: file.png (640x480, 450K)

We'll have to wait and see. Vive lighthouses work with Pimax no problem, so if Gabe has any mercy the same will work for Index.

Original base stations are fine, but you're not going to get any money for a Vive and the controllers now.

Originals work.

They work nerd, says on the page.

Fuck off, Gabe. Start making games again and bring back the old Sandman and Ambassador you faggot shit

Go was for "gimmicky viewing stuff". This is a standalone gaming headset. Just because it isn't as powerful as your VR solution doesn't mean it'll never run your games.

We need this to push VR to new heights

Obviously to all the poorfag niggers itt, understand you were never the target demographic to begin with

Looks like if you just want the cool controllers you can just buy them and keep your Vive.

Attached: details.jpg (624x390, 40K)

but us poorfags want to hold hands with anime girls too

The GabeN form is dead, insect. Are you afraid? What is it you fear? The end of your trivial flat vidya? When the history of glorious VR is written, your vidya shall only be a footnote to my magnificence.

I love how the UK prices for this shit are literally just 10 quid less than the US prices. What an absolute joke.

>Valve burns bridge
>turns out that the forward path is a major catastrophe, no way to recoup
>angry mob representing all of the fans that Valve callously betrayed shows up
>the mob hunts Valve down the bridge
>Valve can no longer flee further, the bridge's gone
>Valve gets beaten to near-death by the mob, smashed in the face with clubs and bats, kicked in the ribs, stabbed with knives
>Valve finally kicked off the bridge, screaming while spiraling into the bottomless abyss
>Valve is dead for good
The analogy works against Valve, and that's exactly what's going to happen.

Attached: fregg.jpg (600x600, 30K)

How does Yea Forums feel about price being a barrier to entry in general?

Attached: ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED.gif (461x259, 3.8M)

Is there anything you can do with just the headset?
I don't really care about waggle bullshit.

Nice try chink, VR is here to stay. Maybe your descendants will be able to afford it. Oh that's right you'll have none because you're a poorfag loser virgin.

Attached: 1552989520381.webm (622x350, 2.97M)

Yeah, sure, now bring back my sandman you fat fuck.

stop being fat

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 7.02.06 PM.png (1042x571, 433K)

All the games are built around Waggle. Trust me bro when you actually feel like you're holding a gun in VR you'll get why it's pretty much necessary. The only reason you'd want just a VR headset is if you were obsessed with Racing/Flight Sim games.

I think at this point filters of any sort are the only thing that will save gaming from the barbarian hordes

There's plenty of kb+m, gamepad, wheel, throttle VR games and VR mods
You can also shove the HMD up your ass

Attached: 1554658866453.jpg (925x901, 145K)

>Implying that Valve couldn't win back 80% of its goodwill with the simple utterance of "The third game in the series." in any context.

No wireless addon no buy.
The cable just kill the immersion.

honestly based zucc

go play the wii if you want to waggle so bad fuckboy.

But at what cost?

Attached: Wireless VR.webm (720x1280, 2.94M)

Didn't Valve announce "flagship game" for their VR?

If Wii waggle was remotely as good as VR waggle, I would've actually liked it
However just like everything Nintendo touches, it was cheap shit that didn't work remotely as well as it needed to and it poisoned the well for generations. Just like the Virtual Boy.

Nothing yet. They got a couple months though.

Imagine if they open the preorders followed by "Comes with Half-Life VR."

omg wow is Zuck the Oprah of VR?! I'm so excited!!

>believing Valves "we will have a flagship game out by the end of this year"

Remember that the HL2 episodes were all supposed to come one year after each other.

Imagine if HL3 was a VR exclusive.

Attached: balala15.jpg (894x670, 49K)

there are zero games for this. it's a worse investment than an xbox one at this point

I've rarely read wiser words on this board. It's absolutely astonishing how bad of a fuck up Valve is at this point

Artifact 3 would bankrupt the company overnight.

Richochet 2, VR edition would sell 20 billion copies overnight and make Gaben richer than Bezos, though.

I almost wonder if it not launching with a game is so that factory they bought isn't as fucking overloaded + they get more money by selling it separately. They get the load of bundles produced for pre-orders, then people who buy the thing after seeing launch impressions, then another wave for a game announced

~1079€

>Only defense for VR is claiming that you're a chink, poor, fat, or some other ad hominem
Sweetie, that isn't factual, that isn't even an actual argument, basing your argument on hurting other people's feelings.

the only way this could be saved is if it ships -exclusively- with HL 3 but personally speaking, I don't give a shit about HL3. Not for a very very long time.

Now is not the time to be jewing people, that can come later after they've established SteamVR better.
My guess is that their software team is so hopelessly behind schedule they can't even tease it yet. And yet they still had to do SOMETHING in response to Rift S.

people with money, oh god the horror!

People who think there would be any significant sales bump from a game announcement are delusional.

Oh it's absolutely not the time, that's for sure, but it doesn't mean they won't do it anyways.

>meanwhile in china you can buy a 8k 200 FOV headset for the same price
Is the west even trying anymore?

Yeah but you can't run anything at 90 fps, you're always retro projecting, that's pretty shit.

>1079 Euros

No thanks.

I'd laugh and cry if this shit turns out so groundbreaking, so perfect and not at all gimmicky, that every gamer would feel the NEED to buy it.

Also your lenses are fucked, your screen are forever at half brightness, everything in your periphery is distorted and distracting, the developers acknowledge this and provide a reduced fov operating mode because nothing will run with full fov and it looks like shit anyhow.

Attached: pimax1.jpg (1128x3686, 562K)

That would require an actual good revolutionary VR exclusive game to justify the price.

I really need a wireless adapter, the cable is such a hindrance if I want to make fast movements

Attached: 675836947.jpg (500x456, 56K)

I said this before and I'll say it again.
This is what I've been waiting for. Perfect controllers, optimized headset with high hz, BASE STATIONS fuck the face cameras, ive tried them, INDEX hits all the marks and you fucking poor pieces of shit can stay typing here with your little ding dongs while ill be in VR fucking shit up and handling my hog while I do it. You sad poor pieces of shit I cant wait to get my INDEX so I can stop visiting Yea Forums, last I was here was 10 years ago, CANT FUCKING WAIT. CANT. FUCKING. WAIT. YOU. SAD. PIECES. OF. SHIT.

Attached: naaaaaaama.jpg (174x184, 16K)

Except you could just buy a Vive for 400 euros that does all this shit slightly worse.

look poorfag, when the neo geo came out it was the only way to play true arcade ports. it came with a premium of $800 + $200 per game

gaming at the highest level always comes at a cost. there's no games because nothing has been developed yet. in time, games will be developed that will support this headset.

Where is the fucking games?
WHERE IS THE GAMES user

Attached: 1556637787236.jpg (2944x794, 368K)

>last I was here was 10 years ago
I wish I had this kind of self-discipline.

Also, leave. Sticking around will just make you sad.

Kek this is atrocious.
and fucking LCD at that!

Man they're fucking nuts
But hopefully it brings down prices for the first/second gen headsets

Attached: 1436039804053.gif (421x500, 2.05M)

I just wanted to finally get into VR, bros.. it's not fair

Attached: Pain, eternal.png (482x427, 127K)

>Thinking a $400 standalone headset will be as powerful as a gaming PC

Dude they already said they don't even let you buy a lot of the VR titles for it so you won't get confused as to why they don't run on it.

Attached: 1477543459528.jpg (403x395, 19K)

Right, and by the time there's a worthwhile library it'll be cheap and accessible to everyone.