Xenoblade X is coming to the switch in december. It's a straight port...

Xenoblade X is coming to the switch in december. It's a straight port, resolution in docked is upped from Wii U's 720p to a full 1080p. Only other graphical improvement is increased draw distance/significantly reduced pop in, especially in NLA.

Content Wise, it is mostly the same, There are a few new post game affinity missions, completing all of them will let you access a Chapter 13, featuring the mysterious black knight as a villain- which wraps up most mysteries but still leaves the ending somewhat open. Black Knight is Malos, Conduit sent him to Mira after Xenoblade 2, he didn't actually die. Conduit is the reason for all the stupid unexplained shit happening on Mira. Malos is dedicating his life to protecting the Conduit from misuse now. He sees it as his new "purpose" in life, believes the conduit brought him with it for that reason. The problem is, Humanity wants to use the conduit to recreate their original bodies and the fix the lifehold. Malos thinks that the conduit allowing the human souls to live on, naturally within their Mims is enough of a blessing and that stealing any more from the conduit would be cheating death and abusing "god's" favor. Party fights Malos over the conduit, Malos recruits Lao, Lao betrays Malos and tries to use the conduit to revive his family, Lao becomes fucking Tetsuo from Akira when he tries to do this and becomes the true final boss. Malos helps you beat him, becomes a new party member afterwords with some affinity missions for him as well. He will ally with Humanity for as long as they respect and guard the conduit, but anyone who tries to use it's power, he will destroy without mercy. Some of his affinity missions involve you helping him exact "judgement" on unworthy people who attempt to sneak use from the conduit. Chapter 13 is pretty lengthy overall, containing nearly 5 hours of cutscenes if you count the Malos affinity missions as part of the total.

Attached: 1556486823563.jpg (500x810, 96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ajETylWuMxk
youtube.com/watch?v=cDbh3lLi1ZY
youtube.com/watch?v=L1aBg6qIGdU
youtube.com/watch?v=rxN9_gCnKkU
youtube.com/watch?v=LsUw4Hzex0M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fake but cool gay.

Fuck Malos.
He already over-welcomed his stay and doesn't deserve a second chance.

Attached: 329.png (1280x720, 1020K)

>over-welcomed his stay

Attached: 1538765232338.gif (480x270, 1.2M)

Okay I believe you

>He already over-welcomed his stay

Attached: 1537678407515.jpg (1274x715, 47K)

>I'm evil lmao
What's the appeal of this character?

His conflict over how much of his will is actually his own, and his dedication to Torna/Jin.

>Black Knight is Malos
Stopped reading there, your otakubait weebshit cashgrab will never EVER connect to Takahashi magnum opus.
It existed only to fund X2.

These games should be turn based JRPGs instead of the garbage they are now.

He's hilarious and likes to fuck with the heroes because of how confident he is.
He faked an inflation fetish just to piss off a cat.

If this is not true I will terminate you.
You have been warned.
You should start preparing yourself now if it's fake
Because I will come for you

Attached: 1546211630023.jpg (1024x768, 121K)

>He faked an inflation fetish just to piss off a cat.
That wasn't fake, the only 'trick' was that he could just recover afterwards instead of dying like Nia thought he would. He still lost because Nia's abilities are basically a hard counter to his powers (as shown in next fight, where he's still bitching about how irritating they are). The only reason it didn't happen again was because Jin was there to stop it the second time.
>believing Yea Forums "leaks"

You know the resolution and draw distance for a game coming out in december? Not even the developers would know that.

Regardless, your entire post was gay cringe why would you even write that

I wish this were true

I just want more xeno god damn it.

Rather get chronicles 1. X sucked.

Incorrect

1 > X2 > x >>>>> 2

>he could just recover afterwards instead of dying like Nia thought he would
He stated that it wasn't a threat at all, so he could presumably have cancelled it whenever he wanted. He just played it up to laugh at her.

He is evil

I'd prefer a complete xenosaga collection

I want to believe

>He stated that it wasn't a threat at all
He doesn't, he just tells her not to underestimate him and makes fun of her for thinking he was dead.

I just want I&II in english

Attached: xc11.jpg (1280x720, 253K)

Yay more ports!

Have sex

X is the best Xenoblade

Not him, but I'll agree it is for exploration.
For everything else? No.

I would totally double dip on this one if there’s a collectors edition.
This game has the best world to explore in any video game ever. It even has its own unexplained mystery that I’m dying to get an answer to.

lol

Was this the game with terrible soundtrack that ruined the game?

X has the best exploration and the best progression systems. It's customization and side content is the best as well.
2 has the best combat system, the best music, and the best story.
1 had the best english voice acting, but aside from that it's successors have eclipsed it in nearly every way.

Best combat
Best side quests
Best side content
Best overworld
Best boss fights
Best movement
Best RPG mechanics
Best character building
Best monster design

The only things it wasn't the best at were music, character faces, and plot.

Basically this. X improved on the combat system and world in every possible way, and 2 had a better story. 1 is good at everything (except maybe sidequests), but it's not the best at anything

No, it's the game with the pleb filter soundtrack.

>2 has the best combat system, the best music, and the best story.
Combat, yes
Music, well, it depends on everyone
but story, please shut the fuck up, it was the worse.

>1 had the best english voice acting
That's more a testament to how bad the voice acting is in the other games. I wouldn't call XB1 good voice acting.

Accurate, though I find 1 and 2's soundtracks to be pretty much equal.

2 has the worst combat system, worst story, but it does have the best music, I'll wholeheartedly agree to that. Those Who Stand Against Our Path is fucking amazing. Gormott Day is my 2nd favorite OW theme in the series. Pretty much all the battle themes are kino, especially the Vs Drivers one.

I hope Monolith's next game has an even better soundtrack.

Attached: Zeke swimming.webm (578x642, 2.42M)

Attached: 1550875137810.jpg (960x852, 98K)

The city themes, both night and day, are the only songs that aren't amazing so probably not

What's wrong with it?

No, I felt having 4 party member was op and made statuses too easy to apply.
Who cares?
Not with that framerate affecting getting to it.
Kinda, but the other games had prettier worlds.
Nobody ever cares about comparing Xenoblade bossfights.
Once again, who cares?
No.
Hell no.
Dear god no.

Didn't X use the touchpad pretty extensively?

Boob scaler when

>combat
0 team synergy like 1/2, skell combat is the worst in the entire xeno series. controlling cross is better than controlling any character from XC1 but that's it
>quests
yes
>side content
same as quests
>overworld
yes, exploration
>boss fights
boss designs maybe, fights were uninteresting aside from zu pharg
>movement
yes
>RPG mechanics
had the best skill lines, but class and blade customization is better in 2
>character building
same as above
>monster design
see boss fights

X also had the worst grind out of any of them for post game

>I wouldn't call XB1 good voice acting.

Attached: it's you.png (500x293, 209K)

Where the hell is all the potato lewds? Shit, thread, get it together.

At what point did you realize it was the best Xeno game, Yea Forums?

Attached: Xenoblade-X2.jpg (3989x2529, 3.94M)

name a better dub

No, not really. The only thing it was used for was display the map, place probes on the map and fast travel to points on the map. All of this could easily be relegated to a map screen

>X
>framerate issues
did you mean to say pop in?

>best combat
nah, 2 is better. X has Ares 90 which breaks skell combat, and Overdrive also completely busts the combat in a pretty boring way- once you figure out overdrive is just counting, it becomes stupid simple, since no enemy can counter or fight back against it. Also, while I appreciate that every build is viable, there are several busted builds that absolutely destroy even the toughest of enemies. This is true in Xenoblade 2 as well, but the difference is Xenoblade 2 has the Bringer of Chaos difficulty to give challenge in those situations, and that the absolute busted builds are at the very end of post game and builds before then still require more interesting and fun play and decision making. X's combat is still good, but all of these factors led to me enjoying 2's combat more overall.

>Best sidequests
Absolutely, no contest

>Best side content
isn't that pretty much the same thing as sidequests? But yeah, absolutely, no contest

>Best overworld
without a doubt

>best boss fights
overall? Sure. Most of the story fights where lame and forgettable though, outside of a couple of standout absolutely amazing ones. The Tyrants are all pretty awesome, and so are the super bosses.

>best movement
This is true

>best RPG mechanics
>Best characterbuilding
>Best monster design
Also agree on all 3.

2 is a better overall experience though, especially due to several QOL changes that all add up to something better- Regardless, X is still great and awesome.

>Statuses too easy to apply
But that's a good thing. They weren't easy, you had to have someone debuff the enemy first to lower their resistance, but they were effective and fun. And X at least HAD ACTUAL DEBUFFS, which 2 did not. Hell, 2 didn't have anything besides attack arts, heal arts, and ranged attack arts.
>Who cares
Side quests in X > the story in 1 > the story in 2
>Not with that framerate affecting getting to it
X was just as framey as 2 was. Didn't stop anyone.
>The others had prettier worlds
Objectively false, pic related.
>Nobody cares about Xenoblade boss fights
I do.
>Who cares about movement
Retard
>Implying X didn't have the best RPG mechanics
>Implying X didn't have the best character building
>Implying the monster design in X isn't the pinnacle of the RPG genre

Attached: 1482260993293.jpg (4000x3930, 3.51M)

>name a better dub
That's the thing: it's arguably only good by jrpg dub standards, which are notoriously bad. It doesn't hold up to other games with English voice acting.

If you think the Ares 90 is the thing that break skell you are like a little baby

I didn't. Even going in knowing not to judge it by the main story and instead focus on the side content and exploration, it was still mediocre.

>implying he wasn't the best part

>return to town
>framerate drops to mid-teens
>wiiu audibly crying
>have to do this for literally almost every quest

>But that's a good thing.
The average X-fag, who just wants every fight to be super easy to get back to bunnyhopping.

ares 90 canon one shots every boss except telethia, how is it not. Yeah there's other broken shit like limb damage up with those multiple missiles but that doesn't discount ares 90

This is how I know you didn't play the game. Ares 90 is a post game skell that is inferior to the other post game skells because it cannot equip super weapons. Overdrive is less broken than chain attacks. You won't get a successful overdrive if you don't build around it, either, whereas chain attacks are always powerful.

>No enemy can counter it
>Tons of superbosses have multi-hit moves that eat away your Ghost Walker

If you ever needed proof that the "xfags" are all a single shitposter this is it.

t. Milton. Get nuked, catfag.

>believing Yea Forums "leaks"
Yeah
Bloodborne, Fallout 76, Devil May Cry 5, Borderlands 3, Mortal Kombat 11

>overdrive is less broken than chain attacks when you become invincible with ghost walker
only thing that's arguably more broken is topple locking in 1

Statuses don't make fights easy, retard. They add depth. Easy mode is just running Longsword and hitting that Blossom Dance button harder than your dad hit your mom.

Attached: 1475259268106.jpg (655x900, 351K)

you do know ghost walker is broken because of the invulnerability during the animation, and not from the 6 or so hits its meant to eat up right

>ares 90 canon one shots every boss except telethia

Attached: Perfectly safe ancient monument.png (751x340, 559K)

That's bullshit, but I believe it.

Ares is your starter endgame skell. The true big boys outpace him severely. A optimised heavy can 1 shot every superboss including telethia. Outside the one shot build, maximised overdrive on foot can also outdamage the Ares.

>They add depth.
No they don't, and X removes even more depth.
XB1 and XB2 at least have you juggling the break, knockdown, topple stuff while trying to eek out other attacks.
XBX letting you have 4 party members turns that juggling into a joke, because even the starting party members together each have like two of those three skills. You can stunlock your way through the game with no problems.

doesn't this guy put up reflect at 50%? pretty sure ares canon eats through that

that may be true but ares 90 gets the job done easily as well. X needed a hard mode for the end game skells, then again I wouldn't want to grind that shit all over again

It has a 40 second cooldown. Even in OD, you have to wait 20 seconds between walks.

Topple locking in 1 is bullshit, but, iirc, you couldn't use it on the superbosses like Avalanche Abaasy. Chain attacks are still way too powerful in 1 and 2, especially in 2 where you can put out millions of damage without an enemy being able to fight back. I hit Amalthus with that sly 1.6 million damage and killed him from 3/4ths health.

They all suck. It's a shit series for turbo weebs.

What's the best skells to use, and why? What's even the difference besides base stats? I'm almost level 30, and I have no fucking idea what's going on during skell combat. This level 20 one feels weaker than just fighting on the ground.

He has Ether Reflect on at all times. You have to get specific augments not to get Mirror Coated on.

>Ares 90 gets the job done easily as well
It's the easy option that isn't all that viable, actually. It takes longer to get the other post-game skells up to par, but they're far more effective, and can actually kill Gradivus, Pharsis, and Telethia.

Attached: 1471233777617.jpg (700x650, 165K)

Should I play the Golden Country or main game first for Xenoblade 2?

Inferno.
Beamspam and drones.

Attached: tg - DROOOOOOOOOOONES.jpg (590x307, 24K)

I hope it gets ported, I never finished it and can't anymore because my gamepad is broke

Main game first, Torna either between the end of chapter 7 and the start of chapter 8 or postgame.

>ou couldn't use it on the superbosses like Avalanche Abaasy
you definitely could

>too powerful in 1 and 2
not compared to overdrive which you can keep on forever from the start of battle, especially in 2 where you have to build it up with orbs and use pneuma. Chain attacks are also weakened on hard mode

Rank them.

Attached: Xenoblade.jpg (920x310, 122K)

Xenogears > 1 > Xenosaga 1 > Xenosaga 3 > 2 > X > Xenosaga 2

torna has a major spoiler not meant to be seen until you beat chapter 7. storywise it's meant to take place between chapter 7 and 8 for maximum impact but that leaves you with a jarring gameplay experience. Play it after 2 is done but if you really prefer story progression then right after chapter 7 is done boot up torna.

1 = 2 > X
I don't dislike X though, I'm just a storyfag.

10, 10, 10.

The level 20 skell IS weaker than fighting on the ground.

Also, the different skells start with different weapons. Amdusias and Lailah have really good weapons, so you don't have to go hunt anything down immediately after purchasing them, but Mastema and and Amdusias have the best stats. Lailah has the best overdrive, but mediocre stats. Light skells are just shit, and you should only use Verus as fodder skells for your companions, since they're cheap, effective, and look cool.

Also, once you get level 30 skells, you can power level to 50. Just get G2 buster (found from Pugiliths in the bases in Sylvalum), and Phoenix Wings (found in the same areas), and you can bully the level 55 crocodiles in the big lake in Sylvalum. They give like 2 - 4k exp a kill, and you need like 100k exp to get from 30 to 50 total. It's really easy to just skip the difficult part of the game by grinding them for an hour.

Attached: 1481784992516.gif (400x420, 1.93M)

Only good thing about X is Elma in her ayyy lmao form

X>>>>>>>>>

>Black Knight is Malos
No, that wouldn't even make sense compared to the Black Knight being the original hero that piloted the Ares with Elma. He sacrificed himself to save Elma and got lost out in space. If he survived, the skin on his mim probably burned/ripped off.

Attached: 262.jpg (2139x3026, 1.37M)

>Not Lailah Queen with Megaflame B
youtube.com/watch?v=ajETylWuMxk

Attached: 1443133562948.jpg (1240x676, 521K)

>The level 20 skell IS weaker than fighting on the ground.
That's genuinely the dumbest design decisions I've see in a game. What is even the point of having these mechs then?

>overwelcomed

bitch he was barely in. 90% is the shitty sephirot clone

It likely is, skells are weird power wise.

Base skell are m'eh, but potential shines with certain superweapon being very strong, and scaling massively with modules. Heavy mechs have a shitload of slots for them and every single one can boost the damage so if you farm top tier module for everyslot you get 1 shot territory.

Low level skell have shitty module and weapons so your character gear outpaces them quickly since you won't farm to get them maxed out. They are stopgaps

there isn't, ground is the most powerful option with potential builds and overdrive. Only a very few amount of flying enemies require skells

but XBX is a simulation inside the conduit about an alien invasion.

X = 1 > 2

Attached: 1448090010109.jpg (760x1000, 267K)

DELETE THIS YOU TASTELESS FOOL

Attached: 1556637356505.png (290x578, 352K)

Level 20 skell is a starter skell meant for mobility. The level 30, 50, and 60 skells are actually legitimately viable for taking out enemies, but you'll probably find their playstyle boring unless you get the proper weapons.

You're understating how valuable the mobility in them is.

Attached: 1475228567854.jpg (2725x2278, 2.24M)

he can be entirely surface level and entertaining because his character development exists as a surrogate in amalthus

>he can be entirely surface level
but he isn't

compared to amalthus he is

not really? they both have depth

X has the best music, though.
youtube.com/watch?v=cDbh3lLi1ZY

Sylvalum isn't even the best continent theme in X. But I do agree X has amazing music, it's just utilized horribly. You barely get to hear Sylvalum Night after you get flight, which is required for a good chunk of the continent.

>Sylvalum isn't even the best continent theme in X.
But that's wrong.

Oblivia and Noctilum are better. Fight me.

youtube.com/watch?v=L1aBg6qIGdU

Attached: 1541519680013.gif (368x353, 1.91M)

Nah.
youtube.com/watch?v=rxN9_gCnKkU

Man, if only Cauldros was bigger/didn't require a skell to get around. There's barely anything there before you discover flight, and then you don't get to hear the music.

NO MORE PORTS
O

M
O
R
E

P
O
R
T
S

>Make this gif using some crappy online gif maker hoping somebody with more skill than me will eventually make a better version of it without the black borders
>Half a year later, nobody's done it and everybody's saved the one I made
God damn it

Attached: HowToBackslash.png (666x472, 589K)

His name literally means "bad guys" in spanish

Xenoblade is one of the most retarded games i have ever seen

No one bought a WiiU, besides people on Yea Forums.

1 = X = 2

Attached: contrarian.png (720x480, 362K)

fucking cringe, kys

that said they'd be retarded to not do an "enhanced" port for this game

>His name literally means "bad guys" in spanish
This legitimately bothers me. The name itself sounds fine, but it really misses the point compared to the Japanese version.

he's evil and he loves it, you gotta respect that
the voice actor nailed the delivery of the dialog he was given and all that shit, plus it was cool how if he had literally any other driver his personality would have been different and he hates that fact and can't quite grasp what his purpose is supposed to be - whether it's God given, comes from within, or comes from Amalthus and that conflict is neat.

>that said they'd be retarded to not do an "enhanced" port for this game
no they didn't.

He's like the chad meme but as a cocky ninja-robot, and I always thought he was hilarious. Couldn't give a rats ass about his backstory though

blame the localizers. That's not his real name anyway

Oh please, the Japanese version calls the only main-story mandatory Light Blade Hikari.

>>that said they'd be retarded to not do an "enhanced" port for this game
>no they didn't.

Attached: 1539076750439.gif (460x258, 2.19M)

DELETE THIS!

Attached: 1552797505011m.jpg (1024x576, 56K)

sorry pal, I'm actually retarded

hikari is actually used as a name, unlike malos

>censored as fuck
>skell lmao
no

So, i can CEMU this shit? Its worth it or i just play the first one?

I finished 2 back when it came btw.

One for soul, 2 for the offline MMO and space-colonization

it does, and the localization should at least try to reflect that. they're not supposed to be subtle names.
pyra is a good localization because pretty much everyone will make the same connection, but mythra and malos don't convey the intended meaning well at all, and malos outright changes it.

Xenogears>1>Torna>Saga 3>X=2 late chapters>Saga DS>Saga 1>2 early chapters>>>>>>>>>>>>>Saga 2

You can.
It's worth it if you're okay with the story taking a backseat to side content and gameplay.

>2 has the best combat system
my little user can't be this retarded

Attached: 1527999110979.jpg (722x806, 67K)

But he's right.

Attached: Xenoblade 2 Fight.webm (640x480, 2.28M)

2 is a better version of 1's combat, and X shits itself with skell combat

>Best combat
Objectively wrong, it's the worst and by VERY far. Not only for Xenoblade, but for the whole Xeno franchise
>Best side quests
That's like saying "best kind of shit"
>Best side content
That's just restating the above
>Best overworld
>Best movement
That's just restating what user said
>Best boss fights
Debatable
>Best RPG mechanics
Debatable
>Best character building
That's just restating the above
>Best monster design
That's probably the only thing you got right

Attached: Xeno Series.jpg (3352x968, 267K)

>Objectively wrong
Objectively wrong.

>Black Knight is Malos

fuck off XC2 shitters

>That's like saying "best kind of shit"
What did he mean by this?

Malos>Lao=Jin>Amalthus>Egil>Luxaar>Zanza

Attached: c13.gif (316x320, 3.95M)

Is Malos /ourguy/?

>XC2 good because it look like anime and make peepee good, XCX bad because potato

there I saved you 10 lines

I'd lower XBC2 in the mecha ranking because even though the actual mechs are sweet, the best ones are only shown from one angle with little to no motion and you only get to see the shitty ones in action.

pretty good

Attached: rat's ass.jpg (1200x675, 149K)

I'd say that's more of an implementation problem than a design problem (mecha implementation should probably be a category of its own on that list, it is Xeno after all).

1's story was way better than 2's.

Other way around, bucko.

>Character designs of 2 being worse than X

Attached: confused potato.gif (333x204, 1.61M)

2's has almost nothing in common with 1's and is several times simpler what are you on about

damn i love using one of my 3 abilities which all do the same thing (just deal damage) while every single other aspect of combat is automated and handled by my ai blade

>Luxaar being above anyone or anything
I'll take generic evil god over fatfuck slug slave muh racewar now

Defend this.

Attached: Rex_Design.jpg (1280x1810, 193K)

1's story has potential until about a third of the way through. It all goes to shit after Galahad Fortress.

He cute.

Character designs =/= models.
Tanaka's designs for X were good. The way they appear ingame is not good.

>tfw Rex was the very first design Saito made for XB2
literally EVERYTHING he made afterwards was better. how the fuck did Rex make it through 2+ years of development without someone calling out his design for being fucking hideous?

>ywn experience the xenoblade games for the first time ever again

Attached: 1551329413766.jpg (960x888, 83K)

there's nothing fucking there. There's nothing interesting there. This is a blank image. Fuck. I do not understand the love for this fucking empty husk of a trope. His dialogue is boring his voice acting is boring his motivations are boring. SUch a garbage character that gets endless love, I will never get it. The rich nopon dumbass is a more interesting villain than this boring fuck.

T-Takahashi-san... please... xenosaga collection... hurry...

Attached: dying.jpg (986x766, 110K)

>2 combat simpler than 1
>the game where one stat matters, topple locking being pretty much the only thing you will do and spike damage being the only difficulty crap you will find in the entire game

Attached: 1551020711771.jpg (749x522, 43K)

turnbased wouldn't work for xenoblade because battle transitions would make the player feel more boxed-in, which would undercut the only good part of the gameplay (exploration)

>His dialogue is boring
Pleb spotted.

Attached: maxresdefault-173.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

Mah nigga. Best song in the game.

>lao above anyone
he's the dumbest character in the series

Okay, i believe you

It really doesn't. Thematically 2 is a far stronger game and the cast is better as well. Only things 1 has over it is having less stupid side plots that amount to filler like Tora's shit in chapter 3 and Melia being a hundred times better executed as a loser love interest than Nia was.

If anything they should be moving further in the other direction and make the battles more action focused.

>"I was enjoying it when it was just a bland revenge story, but once it got interesting it got bad"

>the light on the Black Knight's chest is blue in concept art, purple in his ingame model
>Malos's core crystal is blue in some concept art, purple in his final design
Really makes you th if any of you actually believe this shit you're genuinely retarded

Attached: 1535061665169.jpg (1685x2338, 961K)

That's what 2 already did.

>generic "god was the villain the whole time" RPG plot is interesting

>bullshit writing
>mechon dindu nuffing
>Shulk sparing metal face
>good

Attached: 1550591796344.png (327x316, 246K)

1's journey was better than the destination, 2's destination was better than the journey

Are there any JRPGs that don't devolve into that trope?

Attached: WRPG premises vs JRPG premises.jpg (3000x3000, 863K)

It would have been better if he switched to his much better second design earlier in the story, lost it in that one part, and then got it back again, instead of us being stuck with the diving suit long enough to internalize it as his regular design

yeah, xenogears which you incorrectly posted as killing god

What exactly did you think was interesting about the second and third acts?

it does it poorly though, they should do it better, give me a light attack a heavy attack and a dodge button and i'll start to take your action combat seriously

I was just about to start this game on Wii U actually. Should I wait? does it make good use of the gamepad?

the second design is a minor improvement but it doesn't save him from those fucking thigh windows.
just give me an option to wear the full suit outside of salvaging for fuck's sake.

Attached: img0033.jpg (3247x4587, 3.26M)

shows how far you got in 2

OP is bullshitting, you should just go ahead and play it.

while tearing out any semblence of depth to ensure the newest newborn room temp iq toddler can handle the combat

None of that was anywhere near as good as X.

you're retarded, 2's combat confused people the most and needed a direct to explain shit. 2's combat has the most depth because it has multiple mechanics building on top of each other to do any serious damage, 1 and X are just art rotations with 2, 3 art max combos in X in succession. Don't even get me started on skell combat. There's less art variety in 2 but aside from that everything has more depth

I JUST WANT TO PLAY AS A BASTION WARRIOR AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
also to play this game in english, I'd love it on the switch

It could still stand to go further with it if you ask me. It feels like it's in a very awkward middle ground between real time and turn based, with things like a traditional evasion stat co-existing with the ability to physically move out of the way of certain attacks to dodge them. It's just odd.

Liked X a lot, but the character design of 2 was so awful I couldn't bring myself to be interested at all. This is nearly as bad as the pizza cutter design.

the combat does not evolve from this no matter how many gimmicks like pneuma they add, stop fronting. Synergy is nonexistant every character's toolkits are identical and pathetically tiny and everyone sans nia plays the same. It's dumbed down from previous titles, this isn't a negotiation. Either you played the previous entries and can tell since those games feature synergy within a character's own skill kit and with their team or you haven't played them.

Would be nice if they just ported it over and undid the Treehouse censorship. X is already the perfect game.

Attached: 1483073060539.jpg (1753x2000, 2.92M)

The general issue comes from the translation between japanese spirituality and western theology. Anything relevant enough to actually fight as a final boss in an RPG usually comes down to either a higher being, a concept manifested into tangible form, or an individual who has significant power and influence over an entire region or the world. All of these concepts are best encapsulated by japanese words that roughly translates to "god-like being" in english.

For example, given the same concepts, VTMB is about making a god stay dead; P:T is about finishing off a mostly dead god; JA2 is about killing the emperor; Deus Ex is about stopping God (god in the machine ayyyyyy); and superhero league is still a sitcom.

>snyergy is non-existant
I agree with that guy, you don't know shit

If they did port it to Switch, I wouldn't expect any changes to the script. I CAN see them bringing back the bust slider and them trying to sell it as a "new addition", though, and if that happens I'll laugh my ass off.

>Tfw you've resorted to watching blind playthroughs of the games to vicariously experience others' first time reactions
>Tfw you've already watched most of those available on youtube

Attached: 1532386481801.jpg (466x466, 64K)

Fake.

The Switch is barely more capable than the WiiU, it wouldn't be able to pull off 1080p on a game that WiiU only managed 720p. No amount of culling or work around can make the game work as was on almost the same hardware.

>Synergy is nonexistant every character's toolkits are identical and pathetically tiny
Oh look, its the "I didn't get far enough to unlock more customization options through lategame equipment/skills that give you tons of slots" argument.

you haven't truly fallen into the pit until you're watching twitch VODs with 1 to 2 views

1's writing was way better than 2's*****
1 is objectively the shallowest, by-the-books and most basic thing Takahashi's ever written for Xeno and he knows that. Xenoblade 1's story just gets a pass because its execution and the way it's presented is god-tier.

Literally the ONE villain with any sort of depth is Egil and even then his motives are filled with plot holes and inconsistencies that can't just be written off as in-contex character flaws, but actual oversights with the writing.

The script didn't really get censored, it was mostly SJW-ish censorship of tiddies for no reason. Oh, and the Six-star bandage gear.

Still, it'd fix the biggest problem with the game.

Attached: 1526866965650.jpg (854x480, 370K)

He's entertaining on a surface level but also has depth that sadly nobody recognizes

Attached: 1549813402088.jpg (1060x1615, 1.77M)

N E V E R E V E R

Attached: 070[1].png (633x874, 75K)

Rex design is good
Him looking bad doesn't matter, he is instantly recognizable and iconic. Just look how much talk there is about it. If they gave him a safer design it would've been forgotten by now

He's entertaining on a surface level but also has depth that sadly nobody recognizes
Plenty of people do. The people that don't are just the loudest.

Outside of a very small minority of pedophiles, people like the game despite Rex's design, not because of it. Fixing it would only improve the game's overall reception and sales. Iconic doesn't have to mean ugly.

xenosaga 1 and 2 are bad games, I don't want a xenosaga trilogy HD, rather I want xenosaga 1-3 remade into one game. This isn't really farfetched considering each saga game is less than half the length of the other xeno games, not to mention lacking the scope and side content of the blade titles

I wouldn't count on it. It would require a collaboration between Namco Bandai, Monolith, and Nintendo, and while Nintendo and NB have a good relationship, the sheer amount of bullshit Takahashi and his wife went through while at Namco-Bandai would probably proclude a working relationship developing at all.

>everyone will decide they loved X all along when they shoehorn a tie-in to 1/2 as part of the plot like when people went from calling Xenoblade "not a Xeno game" to "actually a Xeno game" thanks to 2's retconning
just give me more places to explore and aliens to recruit, Takahashi's wild ride is putting me to sleep

Attached: lao.jpg (1000x1250, 256K)

Point out what weapon skills in the game compliment eachother/have additional effects when used together/or otherwise have some sort of additional benefit when used together that isn't just "apply damage to the enemy instantly". Fuck, how would the devteam even be able to come up with synergistic kits with 3 fucking weaponskill slots? Reeeing names at others is easy but if you want to back your bullshit up you're going to have to use a little effort.

If you want help with what a synergistic kit looks like, here's Melia's art kit in 1. You'll notice several skills that have additional effects when you combine them with other skills, as well as arts that boost the effects of other arts and arts that do things like debuff the enemies when certain conditions are met from other arts. Notice how its not just all "press this button to hurt bad guy, press this other one to hurt him more"? Try to find something like this in 2 for me please. Might be a bit tough considering the combat is so braindead that they let AI handle buffing for you which takes that option away from the players control.

Attached: 1532835227088.jpg (842x758, 103K)

>everyone will decide they loved X all along
seems to me like most people already have

>durr his real name's logos so that's obviously a reference to X because takahashi's 238947 part masterpiece keikaku
>it can't be that both games are actually referencing the real philosophical concept of logos i.e. logic, nope
brainlets need to stop pretending they understand xeno

your retarded argument hinges on arts alone and not mechanics of the games. inherent mechanics compliment each other with elemental blade combos, fusion combos, canceling, and orb bursting enough to not needs skills to do so. Compare that to 1 which just has break topple daze and X which has nothing. X relies on arts for variety, 1 less so. 2 doesn't

If only

Attached: 86ApZ0Y.jpg (1280x720, 452K)

Attached: 1493233340746.jpg (591x719, 147K)

>B.L.A.D.E.
>"Beyond the Logos Artificial Destiny Emancipator"
>Logos

Attached: takahashi.jpg (600x435, 60K)

>Oh, and the Six-star bandage gear.
AS A FAGGOT, I'M STILL MAD
>DUDE JUST WASTE ALL THESE RARE RESOURCES TO CRAFT THIS GENERIC WHITE UNDERWEAR INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM A REGULAR SWIMSUIT!
Thanks a lot NoA

Attached: can't spell fundoshi without fun.jpg (3116x1696, 643K)

They must have collaborated to get KOS-MOS in XC2, I don't think it's entirely out of the question.

The only way to make the Xenosaga trilogy actually good would be to remake it from scratch.

Oh look , here's one now

You do realize that all of Namco's crossovers on the DS and 3DS are co-developed by Monolith Soft, right? They're on good terms.

wow, what a wacky coincidence

>brainlet
I prefer the term "brainful"

The real issue is that takahashi seems to fucking hate the idea of porting any game he considers to be 'incomplete'.

youtube.com/watch?v=LsUw4Hzex0M

>"xenobwade haf bad muhsic"

Attached: tfw too dumb.jpg (645x968, 47K)

Source?

You're right, my bad. I still get mad whenever I remember all that shit that went down in the mid 2000's between them; but they've moved past it, now that I think on it.

I'm finally playing Saga now after loving every other Xeno and its kinda trash.
Albeit I'm only ~20 hours into to Episode I. I plan on sticking with it regardless because I already bought this and II but damn. Its slow, its ugly, and outside of cutscenes the game has about two songs.
I'm at the part where you have to rescue people after a gnosis attack at the kukai foundation, how much longer do I have?

Holy shit that sounds rad, XBX-kun will still complain somehow but fuck him. I can't wait for this.

They mainly post that opinion because of Black Tar and the NLA Night theme, and because those are two of the most commonly heard music tracks in the game. One bad song does not an entire soundtrack invalidate, but hearing that one bad song so often will definitely sour your opinion of the OST.

Too bad he's larping though.

But Black Tar is a good song.

>1 which just has break topple daze and X which has nothing
This is hilarious considering 2 is actually the only game in the series where the break combo (and the new Blowdown effect) is the only debuff available for the player to inflict on the enemy, the previous entries have a plethora of ways to restrain or debilitate enemies. Every single fight in 2 goes the exact same way regardless of who you have in your team because of this. In 1 or X, depending on your team, you could mind control an enemy into taking out his friends, or maybe apply an aoe DoT to a group of enemies for some widespread damage. You could buff allies, debuff enemies and overall have far more control over the fight.

In 2 LITERALLY the only option available to you is to perform blade or driver combos continuously if you want to get anywhere in a fight, and lets not pretend matching the colorful orbs to their opposite or doing driver combos during blade combos is high iq gameplay. This gameplay doesn't change if you swap party members. This doesn't change if you swap accessories. This doesn't change if you swap blades. How is this mechanically more complex than the previous titles again?

Agreed, but most people will only hear those two tracks, because they're 90% of the early game songs you'll hear, and they'll just assume the game has a shitty soundtrack.

Attached: 1480376047413.jpg (2377x1160, 1M)

NLA Night is one of the best tracks, you reddit pleb.

Yes, which is why I put ONE bad song instead of TWO. NLA Night's the worst, but even then I still kinda like it in the "Stockholm Syndrome makes me sing along" sense.

I was disappointed how many people didn't react to Rex picking up the third sword in XB2 and/or acted really surprised at the opening cutscene of Chapter 10. I think there were even a couple of guys where it actually took them until "Today we use our power to fell a god" to make the connection. It was horrible.

It really makes you realize how fucking stupid the average person who plays through these games is.

Since I enjoyed xeno 2 I would really like to play xeno 1 and hopefully the wiiu one too. I could play it on 3ds or emulate it though already

I should also mention that I've seen people dismiss the soundtrack because Hiroyuki Sawano worked on it, AKA the "le ebin Hollywood wannabe" composer as far as moronic normies are concerned. They clearly haven't heard Sawano's compositions for J-Dramas, because he's clearly not just a one-trick pony. Look up his compositions for Marumo no Okite, for instance.

Xenoblade 1 emulates really well, and looks great at higher resolutions.

Unless portability is a big plus for you, definitely emulate it. Nothing wrong with the 3DS port except that it looks like total fucking ass.

>second spoiler
Unironically me. When I first saw the cutscene in chapter 10 I thought "wow, for some reason these characters look straight out of the first game" but it didn't fully click until the final boss. I never had issues understanding other shit in the game or in gears so I'm not a total brainlet, it had just been awhile since I played the first game. Also at that point I had only played the other blade games so I didn't know about Takahashi's wild ride.

Well lads, just bit the bullet on this so I can't talk myself out of forcing through Saga I and II anymore.

Attached: fuck.png (727x230, 40K)

malos fight spoiled it in the worst way by making him use monado buster as a regular attack. if it was a cutscene callout attack it would have been a much more memorable moment

I almost believed it, until you had to release the pent-up fanfiction from you're body. I'm happy you got it out, though.

Attached: 1556591028577.jpg (503x917, 31K)

This desu. It actually has higher resolution grass textures and further draw distance than XB2 even without mods, plus imo the environmental aesthetics are much better(more harmonious color palettes, more natural lighting).

The sword activating in the cutscene was memorable enough for me, I recognized what it was immediately.

Keep your garbage XC2 characters out of XCX please.

XC2 has the best characters in the series.

Attached: Malos.jpg (1280x720, 89K)

>ignoring that seal combos exist and are important for high level play, bringer of chaos mode, and challenge mode

>ignoring that reacting to enemies is far more important now, as some have attack animations that temporarily put them into a state in the break topple chain, and by doing the next link in the chain, you can pretty much do a counter attack and destroy them

>forgets the buffs and side effects some blade specials have (such as dromarch special level 2 being a full party heal) or the dots that apply with certain blade combos (earth + fire = volcano, which applys a dot effect)

the other big one that people miss is that the picture ID card at the end of the sunken city is of a XC1-style human without the stylized anime features of the XC2 humans

Combat in 2 is braindead simple once you learn to navigate the shit UI and understand the needlessly convoluted prpgression systems.

It's LITERALLY just spamming driver combos sequentially while tapping shoulder buttons to do fusion combos and then slamming the chain attack when you have an orb or two. Every other system is either so weak it's worthless or wasted by how easy thd game is.
>Debuffs?
Pointless because they last for fuck all time when prepping for chain attacks and most bosses don't do shit worth sealing because all the CC is shit and adds mean nothing.
>Healing?
Pointless because crit heals are more effective than any kind of healing blade and don't cripple your damage output to use them
>Tanking
Literally requires zero brain power because its just done with your normal arts and block tanks are entirely fucking useless along with any evade tank without a damage amp that lets them crit heal efficiently
>Accessories?
Only two slots so you NEED one to crit heal and effectively only have one. Even with the DLC there's a tiny amount of shit to do with them in the challenge mode worth trying instead of crit heals and tank/chain attack help.
>Pouch items
There's objectively correct ones that apply to almost every scenario making specialized ones pointless
>Full burst
Excessive overkill that is almost never worth the time needed to set it up because nothing has enough hp to make it useful in comparison to slamming out 1-2 orb chain attacks in sequence

It's basically a piss easy rhythm game to build meter with mechanics no more deep than MMO skill rotations except you only have a handful of abilities available, there's no thought to 2/3 roles, there's no teamwork needed, and gear is thoughtless too.

The only way to really find any interesting elements to the combat to be had is grinding dozens of hours to do inefficient meme strats like lvl 1 chain attack kills off tweaked Herald builds or abusing fusion bonuses with Nim on DoT specials

So it's the same shit as every other Xenoblade game?

No.

The texture is pretty blurry, so I don't blame people for missing that one.

No.

X had more depth to gearing up and the basic rotations were more interesting sk not really. Skell combat might be even more brainedead than X2 is but on foot was better.

Trivializing Xenoblade combat to its basic forms is super easy. Hell, a bare-bones macro for cycling through Melia's arte list could beat every enemy and boss encounter from the moment you unlock her up to the final boss where you actively have to use the QTE to not get wiped.

How could the fight have spoiled it? Either you know what it is the second he activates it in the cutscene beforehand or you don't know what it is at all.

>goes back to arts only again
not only did you miss the point, you disingenuously ignored the orb seals in XC2

Attached: sponge fish.jpg (500x395, 102K)

I don't know, Malos having a monado could still just have been a weird fanservice thing. The cutscene that plays when Rex picks up the third sword is unequivocally identical to Klaus's experiment from the first game.

Not to bag on you, but I only ever played the first Xenoblade prior to Xenoblade 2 and from that game alone I could tell it was "that" kind of series with a lot of mindfucky twists. I guess the reason I bring it up is because so many people act like Xenoblade 1 is really shallow and missing a lot of "classic xeno" themes, which bothers me because I feel like they're still pretty much there, just not as blatant as gears and saga. I remember talking about stuff like the will to power and eternal recurrence and people going "dude play xenosaga".

I want to believe it's real, damn it.

>you disingenuously ignored the orb seals in XC2
because they don't matter 99% of the time.

Half of the people arguing about how 'Xeno' a game is haven't actually played Gears and Saga, so that's not surprising.

The orb seals literally only mean shit on a handful of enemies in the dlc bringer of chaos mode and they're nearly all the self-destructing types so only one orb seal really matters even then.

>"Everyone who doesn't like my soulless offline mmorpg is a waifufag!!"
Embarassing

Attached: wiya.jpg (250x250, 27K)

Git gud.

Please share your idea of a combat encounter in XCX and the immense wealth of choices you allegedly have while fighting.

The only game that's better than it in that regard is San Andreas.

I'll never understand why exactly Lyn became a meme when there are dozens of characters in other games who look horribly worse than her and no one ever complained

I played XC2 for 200+ hours and beat the challenges on BoC. I got gud and the game didn't reward me for it at all because it is shallow as piss.

Torna at least made the arts rotations engaging and had more depth to the combat in general.

>I don't want a xenosaga trilogy HD, rather I want xenosaga 1-3 remade into one game.
200% This.

Attached: right.jpg (329x566, 57K)

>Torna at least made the arts rotations engaging and had more depth to the combat in general.
Is this a joke? Torna's combat was dull as dirt.

Literally cite a skngle instance where I said XCX gave you more options.

That was my first post in the thread fyi.

The Wii U was fun to shit on and XCX was hyped up by fans of the first one which made it a target. Also she looks fucking terrible and deserved it.

I like all Xenoblade games, but 2's character designs are inconsistent and retarded. All the different artists just makes none of them fit in the world. Doesn't help that there are almost no Rare Blades other than the ones you can get so it looks like Rex + co are the only ones with them.

felt like playing final fantasy for the first time again. I thought I never get that feeling again

Lailah Queen is easily the best skell period since it can keep up sustained damage and withstand anything once you switch augments and armor around. It's much more viable than trying to build a Zenith Cannon Mastema.

The only problem with Torna combat was giving out orbs for every special, other than that, it is more fun in every way.

It limited your options but made the ones you did have more powerful so battles didn't all boil down to a single tactic. It didn't fix everything, but I at least enjoyed using different blades/drivers and gear and didn't feel like I was actively crippling myself when playing anyway but optimally.

Lailah Queen is also sexy as hell, and cheaper to build than the heavier skells.

I can say the same thing about 1 and X aside from topple, really. At least 2 has hard mode in which you really need to utilize the right seals during boss fights

>self destructing
seal blowdown, reinforcement and shackle down are more important

He's chad thundercock frat boy that just wanted to key your car and egg your house.

In the pool of mediocre protagonists, at least XC2 has enjoyable antagonists.

Attached: 484014 (1).png (444x411, 185K)

Torna's combat is faster and streamlined, but also much simpler and with less depth.

Stench is an absolute annoyance in XC2, and using seal stench is the only way to stop it. Reinforcements and Shackle Blade/Driver is also quite common. Self Destruct is the only one that is almost never useful.

>The only problem with Torna combat was giving out orbs for every special, other than that, it is more fun in every way.
That 'only problem' is exactly what makes the combat fucking boring. The first few hours of Torna were cool, but I never once dreaded combat in XB2 like I did by the end of Torna when I was avoiding the enemies in the final dungeon.

>That was my first post in the thread fyi.
If you want to pretend that you're here for anything but mindless shitposting you might want to avoid blatantly lying about these things.

Attached: 1533099146377.png (654x198, 25K)

1+2 on DS were so fucking disappointing too.

All those damn changes and the presentation is worse, combat atill bores me, and it still has the same issues of shit all sjde content and the main quest being dull to play due to the unambitious/small scale design for the levels.

what do you mean? torna has fusion combos as the primary focus of normal battles and chain attacks just like the base game. It added talent arts but those don't change a whole lot. Not to mention torna is a lot more spammy with orbs being added on each special making it less strategic

Huh. Just checked and it appears i also posted and forgot about it, so I'll give you that one.

>hurr special orbs change that swapping blade and driver to play as and driver combos were way more fun to do
I'm done replying to a shitposter. XB2 combat takes literally 20 fucking hours to stop being autobattle snoozefest.

Torna's combat works for its length. If the game were any longer than it ended up being the combat would get really dull, but for a 30 hour game it's absolutely fine.

yeah I agree with this. Torna's combat was worse than 2's base game but it's still better than just having more of the same since 2's combat was fully explored with challenge mode

Why can I not recruit Gi Zang, Slovity Pagus, and Heradot? They're xenos that all fit perfectly on your team. Why were there no recruitable aliens other than L and Celica?

Game was about humans fighting to save humanity. Aliens didn't give a shit really, even when they ally with you its not their problem. Also they probably wanted to but didn't have the time.

there were 3 alien characters who were playable

He hit the dab like Wiz Khalifa

Yes, and we know Celica was originally meant to be very important character but they didn't have time to do shit

Rotation in Torna was more fun to me. What order you swap in mattering itself plus the more strict party comp made me actually think a little more about my arts rotations (until it became muscle memory), and upping the rate you applied orbs made higher orb chains not total dogshit on top of rewarding you actually planning what order you executed specials in because of damage modifiers. On top of that Haze is probably the best designed healer in 2 (that isn't really just a hybrid dps anyway) and actually let me avoid using crit healing on my tank constantly because I could run her myself and let them have more build variety except in the hardest fights.

It's not a BIG improvement but I enjoyed it more and felt it did a better job rewarding the player for good play than the base game did.

>VTMB is about making a god stay dead
Did you even play VTMB? The sarcopaghus is a fake. The characters THOUGHT they were uncovering an antedeluvian (the vampire equivalent of a god), which Jack used to his advantage to manipulate everyone into playing their hand.

>P:T is about finishing off a mostly dead god
What god? The antagonist of P:T spends the entire game hiding precisely because he knows that if the gods took notice of him, they would immediately end his unnatural existence, which is precisely what happens in the ending. The entire story is about how going against the rules of the gods by becoming immortal only ends in suffering for the protagonist.

>JA2 is about killing the emperor
What emperor? She's a dictator of a third world country? How is that equivalent to a god?

>Deus Ex is about stopping God (god in the machine ayyyyyy)
Deus Ex doesn't even have a final boss fight. Its story is about how technological advances could exacerbate the dangers of economical and political centralization, culminating in JC merging with an AI to form a new enlightened form of government to oppose these dangers.

>superhero league is still a sitcom
Yes, and? What's wrong with that?

Attached: 1552412027262.jpg (640x640, 103K)

THIS BOSS SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF ME WHEN I WALKED UP TO HIM

>Haze is probably the best designed healer in 2
lol what? she's nothing more than a heal bot, swap her in to do the AoE heal then go back to lora. her talent art is worthless because in under no circumstance is it worth sacrificing the heal to do

>The Architect actually made anime real

Attached: BDDAEE89-496C-4791-95FB-E22C2D1B81BC.jpg (960x540, 34K)

My point is she's actually functional as one and can keep your tank alive on her own in most situations, something most healers in the base game can't unless you're overleveled.

She could absolutely do with more interesting hooks to her playstyle (some kind of scaling AoE heal based off you cancelling would have been nice, as an example) but I liked her simply because she meant my team didn't have to be three crit healers in most fights

>My point is she's actually functional as one and can keep your tank alive on her own in most situations, something most healers in the base game can't unless you're overleveled.
what the fuck are you on about? you can healbot the same way with any twin ring/bitball healer in XC2 on nia with an AoE heal

Based and redpilled.

You really can't lad. You're just begging to be fucked by spike damage or AoE or cc if you don't have everyone crit healing in the base game on any important fight past the midpoint during a normal playthrough.

Torna’s combat worked for the length of the game, but the only thing it has over XC2 base game combat is Vanguars Switching and the Talent Arts (most of which were useless and almost suicidal in the hands of NPCs). Other than that, it’s duller and less elaborate in every way possible.

definitely better than the base game's combat

you forgot to put the link to the article from Nintendo announcing the port

what the fuck kind of game did you play? I didn't bother with crit healing until way into the endgame, wasn't overleveled and still did fine

>genetically engineered catgirls (and cayboys) for domestic ownership, coming soon to a reality near you

If you didn't freak the fuck out the moment Rex grabbed the third sword and it flashed the ending of XC1 across the screen you're not a true Xeno fan.

are you retarded? how many enemies have spike damage in XC2? How is there any more AoE in 2 than torna? I never crit heal and the heals nia had were more than what haze gave, hell nia as a blade on rex alone heals more due to the passive plus the AoE heal healing just as much in addition to the move that drops potions

Attached: kot.jpg (1024x1004, 55K)

>He faked an inflation fetish
Thank God.

Nah, healing on XC2 was honestly a mess, sustained high numbers on healing were way too easy to get in way too many ways to the point where the only actually threatening enemies were the occasional boss like the urchin that had stupid high levels of spike damage, the enemies that can one shot a non-tank's HP bar if you fuck up aggro or stand at the wrong part of them, the end bosses with AoE instant kills, and anything that blocks either healing or drivers.

either your game is fucked up or you did something really wrong, nia heals way more than haze

the biggest block in healing was AoE CC interruption healing animations since AoE heals take forever to get back up

I would only get it if they release the uncensored version of the game in the west. Fuck that butchered version we had in the west.

I thought true Xeno fans had good spoiler etiquette

Of course that was all ruined after Seven appeared in Smash

make the font bigger or fuck off

If the spoiler was right, I’d declare XEnoblade as my favorite RPG series above FF, which has been running out of the good Will from The older titles and ARR
The source of his evil is literally the power of friendship.
He’s corrupted by it so he’s in-universe a flat evil character because that’s the only type of influence he was given to work with

please remaster/remake XC1 instead of the garbage XCX. fuck I'd even pay $40 for a straight port with better controls and upscaled res

X is better than 1.

> I'd even pay $40 for a straight port with better controls and upscaled res
emulate it idiot

The artbook is great. It finally explained the alphabet. In short, all text is kunrei-shiki romanization with the odd screw-up.

Top Map
>Top left
UNKAI (雲海; Cloud Sea)
>Middle left
SUPERUBIA (Superbia; Mor Ardain)
>Northeast of Mor Ardain
GURA (Gula; Gormott)
>Southeast of Mor Ardain
INBIDIA (Invidia; Uraya)
>Middle
SEKAIJU (世界樹; World Tree)
>Southeast of World Tree
RUKUSURIA (Luxuria; Tantal)
>East of World Tree
ARUIDIA (kind of a goof on ARUKEDIA, but it's Acedia; Indol)

Bottom Map
>Top left
ARUIDIA (Acedia; Indol again)
>South of Indol
GURA (Gula; Gormott again)
>South of Gormott
SIA (Coeia)
>Middle
SEKAIJU (World Tree again)
>Bottom right
IRA (Torna)
>Middle right
RUKUSURIA (Luxuria; Tantal again)
>Top right
SUPERUBIA (Superbia; Mor Ardain again)
>Little text copied everywhere
NANTARA KANTARA TOO (TUU?)
なんたらかんたら (Nantarakantara) means "something or other". I'm not sure what the last three characters mean.

Attached: Alrest.jpg (1280x1844, 521K)

Are there interviews or something I can read

Shit tase

XC1 still good though

Don't raise my hopes motherfucker

I still have yet to hear a satisfying explanation as to why the Titans are named after the seven deadly sins

arn't those the names of civilizations, not the titans

His stuff in Xenoblade X just reminded me of his KLK stuff. Which I liked.

Anyone have that pic with the XCX boys in speedos?

Attached: 1548209105431.png (480x480, 84K)

potato potato

>argentum
greed, easy

>torna
wrath, Jin's revenge

>temperantia
irony, lack of self restraint resulted in the death of the titan from experimentation

>cliffs of morytha
it's dead

>tantal
tormented by indol

>indol
doesn't do jack shit for hundreds of years while wars wage after the aegis war

>gormott
no idea, I guess mor ardain taking it can be seen as glutinous since it needs more resources

>mor ardain
pride, constant military expansion

>leftheria
charity, not a deadly sin. takes in refugees from indol after chapter 8 as well as taking in rex

>uraya
envy, no idea

Argentum being Avaritia (Greed) fits with Bana's greed
Gormott being Gula (Gluttony) works because of its plentiful resources that the Ardainians want
Mor Ardain being Superbia (Pride) fits with it being far more advanced than the other Titans
Uraya being Invidia (Envy) fits with it being a poor nation at war with the more well-off Mor Ardain
Torna being Ira (Wrath) works more for the organization in the main game than the nation we got
Indol being Acedia (Sloth) fits Amalthus not actually doing much to stop the fighting nations and even providing both sides with Core Crystals
Tantal being Luxuria (Lust) fits with the country being dirt poor and charging exorbitant prices for everything because people will pay it
Leftheria being Liberalitas (Generosity) works because Leftheria is secluded and filled with kind people
Elpys being Elpis (Hope) works because it contains the third sword and ends up being a source of character development for the main cast
Morytha being Mors (Death) works because it's a forgotten apocalyptic wasteland filled with mutants
Judicium (Sensibility) works because the nation was once highly advanced in terms of technology
Temperantia (Temperance) works because Mor Ardain and Uraya are at a standstill in their war and refraining from making the first move

There's always one fucking mong in these threads. Rank the games listed.
>Ranks saga and gears

???

here's how I saw it
Argentum = greed = obvious
Gormott = gluttony = their titan is fertile while the others are becoming less-so.
Uraya = envy = it's been a while since I played the game, but didn't they fight over Gormott with Mor Ardain? I guess I'd argue that they're so insisitent on fighting them because they're envious of Mor Ardain's status as Alrest's most powerful country
Mor Ardain = pride = Nia's heart to heart with Morag in Alba Cavanich touches on this, they're too prideful to seek solutions to their problems through diplomatic channels so they just do shit like take Gormott over by force
Indol = sloth/acedia = acedia is the original name and fits more. it's kind of more like spiritual depression than typical laziness, I guess, which fits in with Amalthus's despair at the world
Torna = wrath = organization Torna is obvious, and the titan was known for wrecking shit before they put it to sleep
Tantal = lust = lust for glory, the way they cling to addam's legacy and all that.