New Deus Ex logo trademark filed in March

>new Deus Ex logo trademark filed in March
>Today, the company said that it’s opening up more than 100 jobs at Square Enix Montreal and Eidos-Montréal.
is it coming back bros?

Attached: aaaaadam.jpg (665x1280, 127K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZhILvACVXRs
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/442280524/
youtu.be/N72LAYLdaKM?t=50
archive.is/D2fsP
mcvuk.com/former-eidos-montreal-art-director-jonathan-jacques-belletete-joins-rogue-factor/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It never went away, they have worked on the Adam Jensen trilogy's last game for multiple years.

they more or less said the opposite a while back

I want to play as a female Aug. Like Anna Navarre

As a season pass/mobile game

>only people in jensen's life who weren't evil or secretly manipulating him are prichard and aria argento
Jensen had a hard life.

play IW as a grill

Didn't they say they were working on some capeshit project after Mankind Divided flopped?

God I hope they get rid of Jensen if they make another game. He's a cool character and all but I don't think I can take another 18 hours of that monotonous voice.

For a game that thrives on story, they really, really are going to have to make the bridge from their games to Deus Ex work. Their missteps even in HR with the plot don't give me much faith.

does it change dialogue?

For a game that thrives on story they're really going to have to try hard to make people remember anything from DX:MD.

still need to finish MD.
Game started strong but i lost intrest halfway.

Nhaaa,they survived after "invisible war".MD is nowhere bad as IW

Yes, significantly.

I completed it recently. It doesn't really go anywhere then just putters out

Same here but mainly because after Mankind Divided I think they should give him a rest and focus on someone else, I do like him though.

Mankind Divided is one of most underrated games to come out in the past few years, I truly cannot fathom why people have a problem with it.
It's 30 hours if you pursue all the sidequests and explore the hub, which you WILL do because the hub and sidequests are all excellent.
In what world is that a short game?
DXHR took me that exact same amount of time.

i was afraid that would be the case.
Last time i played i ws back in the city at night time while the cops were shooting on sight.

its not the length but the structure and story. there is no arc really

>leafs in charge of making a game

Oh boy I can't wait for Deux Ex: Gender is a Spectrum

thats nearly the end. only one level after that

It is underrated. But the main story’s conclusion was very disappointing. The whole narrative actually was pretty muddy. I can clearly recall what happened in Human Revolution, but I struggle with Mankind Divided.

I hope Pritchard x Jensen becomes canon.

How was David Sarif manipulating him?
Sarif wasn't morally perfect but when he asked Adam for favors, it was pretty blatant that he was a sleezeball and Jensen was aware of it, and Sarif never asked him to do anything that went against Adam's moral code.

FASCIST youtu.be/ZhILvACVXRs

Invisible War didn't have a direct sequel.
Nobody will remember what happened in MD.

If I remember right didn’t Sarif go overboard with the augments? He basically used Jensen’s injuries as an excuse to turn him into a high-tech weapon.

You're totally right, he told the people in the operating room to add way more parts than necessary, so Adam would basically be a walking billboard for the advancements of Sarif's tech.
Good point.

The problem is the direction they went in. DX:HR was memorable because it was a personal story.

Attached: 1546763106458.jpg (467x624, 45K)

So how many of you brainlets fell for the "the jensen in MD is a clone" meme?

Now, this is very heartbreaking.
(I have a dog)

Just let the series die, it's fucked.

If they are really smart they make it a launch game for ps5 and xbox two, that shit helps immensely with sales, it really needs a sale boost over MD

it's good, it should've been better

>I truly cannot fathom why people have a problem with it.
single player microtransactions. I dont care how good the game is I will never touch that shit. so glad it flopped. hope they learned their lesson.

The only issue with MD is the main plot is fucking boring and awful. The sub plot that plays with the idea or adam being a clone or a sleeper agent is vastly more interesting.

It doesn’t matter if it doesn’t get in the way. Played Mankind Divided and MGSV and never touched the micro transactions. But then you look at something like MK11 and it’s fucked.

You genuinely have to dig deep to even find those.

boards.fireden.net/v/thread/442280524/
woah maybe user was telling the truth
can't wait for E3 to
>microtransactions are planned to be part of the game
lol

>falling for Jim Sterling propaganda.

You never even needed it brah

if you tolerate them even a little they will slowly become a standard. dont buy garbage that has even the slightest of hint of assfuckery like MD

GEP gun when?

Attached: DX_GEP_gun.png (753x314, 153K)

>Nhaaa,they survived after "invisible war".MD is nowhere bad as IW
HR/MD are even more dumbed down than IW. It's weird how people adore the former but despise the latter.

Attached: 132329943934.jpg (2000x1551, 629K)

After Mankind Divided did poorly I thought Eidos said they were not going to make the third for the foreseeable future.

No, it was the president of Square Enix saying "we JUST made a deus ex game, wait your fucking turn, the next one begin development when our other projects are shipped".
I took that to specifically mean Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

The industry is going that way regardless. You not buying MD didn’t stop NetherRealm from jewing up MK11

Actual insider here
A sequel to MD is happening, but still a ways away. Not being shown at this e3. Development team is a lot smaller, and the budget is tiny by comparison.

haha yeah

Who cares? /our guy/ left the company. He was the art director and that was like the strongest part of the nu-deus ex games.

Attached: jonathan.jpg (367x400, 34K)

He looks like Jenson.

David Anfossi did talk about it as well. He more or less said they have a vague intention to get back to Deus Ex. He did talk about how much the studio was doing a while back and it was easy to deduce they weren't actively working on Deus Ex.

>(Translated from French, 2017) "We want to take the time to do things right. We are very busy even though we are not launching games this year. First we have a collaboration with Crystal Dynamics for a game of the Avengers franchise, as well as two titles that are respectively in production and pre-production, "Anfossi told E3, which took place from June 13 to 15 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

That is, Shadow of the Tomb Raider+Guardians of the Galaxy. Now that Tomb Raider is done they can probably swing production on Deus Ex. Of course they could just never go back to it, like Valve promising Episode 3.

That's because they used him as the model for Jensen

Less budget isn’t always a bad thing. Tekken 7 had a smaller budget than TTT2 and it is a much better game.

When did JJB leave? Where did he go?
I never heard any of this.

we're sorry jjb

youtu.be/N72LAYLdaKM?t=50
>not green and purple
he's not /ourguy/

archive.is/D2fsP

>Tekken 7 had a smaller budget than TTT2 and it is a much better game.
Unironic fucking (You), kill yourself.
Tekken 7 is another fucking abomination like 6 that made me drop the franchise again.
Tekken in general is stuck in a cycle of shit.
1 was shit
2 was ok at best
3 was great
TTT1 was great
4 was shit
5 (launch) was shit
5 DR/Online was great
6 was shit
TTT2 was great
7 is shit again

He left back in march this year.
mcvuk.com/former-eidos-montreal-art-director-jonathan-jacques-belletete-joins-rogue-factor/

yeah but is cliff stephens still voicing bob page
they gotta finish this arc before he croaks

Attached: 1465547758390.jpg (220x336, 72K)

son of a bitch, I had no idea
my hype for Deus Ex 5 is considerably less now

Jensen had a good run.

MD was mostly the work of a subordinate anyway

>he didn't do the versalife bank mission

Attached: 1473064105051.jpg (1920x1080, 167K)

This is legitimately shit taste. TTT2 was garbage and it’s sales reflect that. Tekken 7 is the best fighting game of the generation and you’re an actual pleb.

Kill yourself bitch

>W*men

>Females
Death to all of them

Also Faridah ...if she survives

How hard is it to keep a dog you dumb cunt

it made MD flop though. I wouldnt consider immediate results a failure on my regard.

>They started just now
See yo all in 2027 bros

I hope we'll see her again

Attached: crunchy pirate.jpg (600x863, 126K)

DX1 had a more enjoyable plot and it's not like it was very personal. MD missed the mark more by being so limited in scope, feels more like Adam goes to Prague than chasing a global conspiracy. I guess it wouldn't have seemed as bad if they actually did that multimedia (cancer) conspiracy arc they planned.

I hope not, those shit-for-brains leafs don't know how to make a good Deus Ex game

>tfw eventually deus ex games will be set in the past

They only have eight years to create Hengsha's second layer. Get cracking China.

The last game was had pretty shitty performance, God help them using hardware they don't know yet.

Attached: 1471179728197.jpg (1228x678, 131K)

That's because the plot is hidden beneath the surface of the game. It's just not about going from point A to point B in the main mission to figure shit out. You have to actually be an agent and investigate on your own and piece the puzzle together. What you explore is what you will figure out about the story and your experience with it, and will actually also help you out along the way too with revealing certain allegiances and whatnot.

>Shitty performance

It's one of the prettiest and most smooth experiences of this generation.

I did. Was doing the other one first but it didn't feel right

>The problem is the direction they went in. DX:HR was memorable because it was a personal story.

>aug incident that kills millions of people across the world
>personal story
>story is so impersonal that bosses are literally generic mercenaries (in contrast to Deus Ex 1, where bosses were your collegues)

Attached: 1546372689490.jpg (1002x857, 54K)

Did everything this gen just perform poorly then? The game is definitely more demanding than the level of visual detail would suggest

>story is so impersonal that bosses are literally generic mercenaries (in contrast to Deus Ex 1, where bosses were your collegues)
Considering JC was only working at UNATCO for like a day it doesn't seem that bad

>We're now halfway through the time between Human Revolution's release and the time it's set in

I sure hope so. Barely any immersive sims getting made anymore.

Are you fucking retarded? The bosses are the people that killed your ex-girlfriend and ruined your life.

it's really the same idea as the first game but in a new coat, hehe. that the bosses are not your colleagues or characters in particular is irrelevant, except in the first game it was part of the theme of the game, being forced to turn traitor and to kill your colleagues from unatco being part of the theme of the game, of your own power structure collapsing or being undone to itself from outside and discovering what it means to choose etc.

HR explores similar themes, but differently, instead the bosses are mercenaries from outside sent by sinister motivations connected to your own organisation.

Attached: matricualatedacid.png (840x352, 600K)

i mean that the bosses/enemies are your co-worked is relevant to the original game, but not to HR, same ideas, different take, prequel means room to explore the first game's ideas in a new way.

Attached: 1488090643047.jpg (940x768, 65K)

the bosses, your colleagues of the first game all represent various weaknesses of that power structure, anna navarre, the cold-blooded, remorseless mech who is efficient but kills without purpose, by herself not an asset to anyone but herself, gunther, obsolete mech, the weakness of the body as generator of it's own power as grotesquely manifest in his skul-gun mech man who thinks there's a conspiracy. of course it gave him lemon-lime, event he damn vending machine is manifest of unatco's self fuck-up procedure. it is a conspiracy the place has against hermann, by himself, as part of unatco. it's poetic, it barely rhymes.

Naturally because they tend to bomb, wonder why that is

Guy in a coat, checking it out.

Not zoomer friendly.

Considering MD ended on a Cliffhanger I doubt it it. I do want to see Jensen's story completed in the next one though. Hopefully he goes out with a bang.

Deus ex gatcha released 2021

we were right behind you and cut through them like a hot-knife through butter.

yep, im thinking hes back

It's one hub. theres not much to explore after the first 3-4 hours. Yeah there are little things you can find but thats about it. Atleast HR had you hopping back and forth between Detroit and Henghsha to keep it fresh with areas spread out in between even though the hubs were alot smaller. Everytime I got back to Prague after a small setpiece it just got more and more tiresome.

They should just make a game with Paul as the protagonist. Based on the Deus Ex Bible's description of Paul shit has so much potential to be fun.

>Paul, who was raised to adulthood by his parents, was flamboyant and happy-go-lucky, while his younger brother J.C. spent most of his childhood in Swiss schools and became serious, bitter and a little paranoid. (Score one for Nurture.)

>Although Paul was busy with his duties at UNATCO, he still visited J.C. as often as he could. J.C. worshipped his older brother: Paul the UNATCO Agent, with his James Bond lifestyle and noble cause. J.C. decided to join UNATCO as soon as he was old enough.

>[...]

>Fundamentally, all of Daedelus' goals required something the AI didn't have -- a way to interact with the world of flesh, blood and bone. All the audio and video capabilities for communication didn't provide a way of interacting directly with the world beyond its grasp. Daedelus needed human agents -- and there was, as far as the computer knew, no way to take direct control of creatures as complex as humans.

>So Daedelus decided to experiment, using Paul Denton, Majestic 12's first nano-augmented, Infolinked agents, as its tool. But all it can do is talk to Paul, offering advice and suggestions. At times Daedelus can actually see through Paul's eyes. Once in a while, Paul even get flashes of Daedelus' presence in his brain. These flashes of Daedelus-ness grow more frequent and last longer as the game goes on. These can offer a glimpse of anything in Daedelus's massive databanks -- everything from old movies to Majestic 12 org charts to maps of Greenbrier and Mt. Weather… These visions come in the form of weird stuff overlaying the main view window, replacing the 3D window, and they're almost never easily interpreted without the assistance of an ally.

Attached: PaulDenton4.png (342x537, 211K)

>another woman killing a mans dog
What is it with women and killing dogs? Do they feel like they don't get enough attention? Do they just hate the bond men have with dogs? Is it jealousy?

Yeah it's boring
>story finally takes off
>ends

Attached: 14866856748.jpg (767x443, 117K)

ive played through it a few times

>the story is kind of predictable (which is kind of bad for a game about conspiracies)
>there is only one hub and it changes only slightly over the game
>characters arent especially great
>however the gameplay is the best of the series

MD is the one i like replaying the most even though i'd say its just good overall

>replay MD on my new rig with a 2080 and 9700k
>still runs like shit
What the fuck is up with this game?

Attached: 442.gif (200x357, 3.26M)

the trademark filing is just a renewal. it doesn't mean anything.

the hiring? let's see now:

squeenix has been shitting on its western studios for years for not meeting their unrealistic sales expectations

they have a multi-year, multi-game deal with Marvel

crystal dyamics and montreal have both been in stealth mode working on the avengers game

it will likely sell a lot of copies, even if it's shit

so yeah, all squeenix western studios are now the marvel videogames studios for the foreseeable future

deus ex is dead

Game publishers were expecting the Pisspour/Xbone to be stronger then they ended up being, it's why Asscreed Syndicate looks worse then Unity but runs better.

Is there a way to setup MD so that it doesn't cause my eyes bleed?
Really want to play it, but i just can't take it physically no matter how i fiddle with the FoV.

Do you want it to be more straight story missions or with a focus on a single hub and more sidequests, like in MD?

The ultra settings that were added were dumb and unnecessary.
>heres your volumetric lighting cranked up to 1 billion while barely even noticing the difference to the previous settings bruh

That actually sounds pretty rad

multiple hubs with some nice environmental pieces like MD and whack ass side missions