Name me a SINGLE thing more fun than gravelording in Dark Souls

You fucking can't.

Attached: 2018102122264000-1E1800B8D04F999C436DDFE2B8CD0B81.jpg (1280x720, 329K)

laughing at you and telling you to git gud

>PvP
Is Dark Souls the only game in existence in which players have adapted to and evolved their playstyle around bad netcode? PvP in this game is ridiculous

Well, there's Quake Champions.
Souls pvp is supposed to be messy and chaotic. the inherrent lag would not be such a huge issue if people didn't focus so much on it. Though I get why they do it.

I'd be more fun if you had any feedback on how your victims are dealing with your black phantoms, and if it worked in NG. Really wish they would've brought back Gravelords in some fashion, instead of rehashing Darkwraith, Darkmoon, and the forest covenant.

Pretty much
The sequels are infinitely better in that regard, mostly due to the backstabs having startup.

>gravelording
funny how they managed to get a mechanic both as annoying as this while also making sure that it absolutely never fucking works properly.

had to do a perma gravelord run to even get a taste of it.

red dog skelly were 1shot niggers, but at least they were a literal glow in the dark niggers so you could avoid them fairly easy

OK, WE GET IT YOU'RE BAD, WE DON'T CARE!

4v2v2 fights in that swamp area of DaS3

DC'ing when you fags interfere in my game

More like 4v1 train bangs

Beating the entire game up to lordvessal and 4 kings and +7 weapon to get infinite red eye orb and invade anywhere you want

you mean literally stand around inconveniencing a grand total of maybe 1-2 people per day and getting absolutely no PvP while doing it?
fucking christ, I don't know. just about anything else

In NG it's just for PvP, stay at a low level and op elemental weapons, leave it where everyone sees as bait

if it had worked it would have been great.

Chameleon shenanigans

>ywn get into random invasions everywhere while discovering a new Souls game again
I don't give a shit about "high level pvp" in Souls games, but fuck man, early coop and invasions were always so fucking fun. If Miyazaki don't ever make a new Souls game again... It was good while it lasted, bros.

Attached: 010689006.jpg (636x900, 115K)

Ratbroing

gravelording never even worked

Gravelording would have been fun if it affected NG players. But it's just NG+, so fuck that...

I spent 500 hours gravelording, not knowing this fact

Yeah, I got shittons of activity around level 20 at the Burg bonfire. I think most of them just "summoned" my sign because they didn't know what would happen, because I got a lot of dragon duels the same way.

DS1: Gravelords > Darkwraiths > Sunbros > White fags > Dragon fags > Blade of the Darkmoon
DS3: Moundmakers > Darkwraiths > Everyone else > Blue Sentinels > Blade of the Darkmoon

I like that moundmakers tried something new. Everything else was a rehash, or multiple fucking forest/police covenants

I've been wondering for years if there's a specific word that describes the kind of joy that things like gravelording bring. We borrow "schadefreude" from german but even that doesn't fully describe shit like gravelording. It's not just joy in others misery, its a joy in others POTENTIAL misery. You are never even actually sure that you're causing misfortune to other players but you grin like a madman all the same just at the thought of potentially possibly maybe fucking up another person's world with red phantoms.

Attached: 1528733569993.jpg (182x182, 13K)

honestly learning buggy shit like dead angling, that weaponswitch stunlock break glitch, outside backstab strafing etc was fun and made souls 1 feel very unique compare to the sequels which did not feature as many bugs

>gravelording in the remake
What is the point? They don't even get the red phantoms until NG+
They have no reason to ever fight you

Griefing.

Goddamn, I feel you. I always liked to put my sign where some black phantoms would be, if they spawned. I loved gravelording in the Tomb with a proper gravelord build. Gravelord sword, poison/toxic mists, and raggedy cloth armor. When people did invade, I had the darkness to help me out along with all my dickass moves.

That's exactly how it worked in the original. Whats the point of specifying remake here?