Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2XjouKSkSeM
youtu.be/-33JBL9Bn7Y?t=398
youtu.be/4frhPtHMRAY
capx.fandom.com/wiki/Pokédex
youtu.be/7kS2uEjK0_0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You can play as qt girls now though, so there's that

Someone post how badly they botched Eelektross.

3D MODELS BAD, 2D SPRITES GOOD
>th-this!! b-but UN-ironically!!!

Attached: 1543275239583.png (725x684, 392K)

Attached: 1464883013250.png (518x539, 87K)

>arguing an argument to yourself with quotes no one has mentioned in the thread

Middleground between Gen VI and modified is probably perfect.

>Changing Mewtwo's coloring makes his proportions seem better
Very strange

why did they change all the colors when they went to 3D

Attached: ttFg1CA.gif (272x95, 522K)

Who are YOU quoting?

It would be unacceptable to reuse 2D sprites due to advances in screen size and resolution in each generation of handhelds, but it is completely acceptable to reuse 3D models because the animation, textures, and modelling is futureproofed by making them to a far higher quality than the system is capable of rendering. This habit of reusing encourages laziness and is the key cause of stagnation in the Pokemon series, which by no coincidence happened after Gen 5, which had the greatest advancement in sprite animation since Crystal, but was replaced with soulless 3D models instead.

Mewtwo is better, starters are worse

You, retard.

Must have something to do with the lighting considering it's consistent for all mons

to match the official art

Attached: FE9A07F3-8644-4543-B8C4-A584622AB62F.png (250x250, 47K)

they probably didnt take the lighting into account or whatever

pokemon was good right up until (you) got into it

Attached: J566hef.gif (242x112, 457K)

Thank God I dont play babies first jrpg

Are you retarded?

cringe and seethepilled

Pokemon turned into shit after Johto, Gen 1 and Gen 2 were the only good ones, also the anime was at it's prime back then.

youtube.com/watch?v=2XjouKSkSeM

>greatest advancement
>every gen 1-4 pokemon is just their sprite from last gen with quickly done rotations for their limbs
>no to mention the blown up to hell back sprites
Gen 4 had the best spritework, only unova pokemon look good in unova

Attached: 25E9E4CD-C29F-4BC1-99F1-3973411FA569.jpg (225x350, 28K)

>gone to

>Haha cringe and seething now no one will see how I'm a dipshit!!!

Attached: 1555278074694.jpg (250x203, 5K)

Wouldn't change the fact that Blastoise still looks retarded with his immovable fucking arms.

Bro is that you?
Washed out Venusaur a shit.

I saw someone on /vp/ post an image comparing the art for alolan exeggutor and alolan dugtrio to their models, the models are pretty fucking washed out in comparison. Not sure what they're doing, really.

this one is pretty bad too

Attached: c0FZSVP.gif (171x81, 109K)

I want to go back...

Attached: modern pokemon.png (245x120, 12K)

Top left: Fluid animation, looks like a hippo, has character
Top right: Looks like a shitty neopet redrawn stiffly to make it easier to add clothes on him.
Bottom left: Genuinely creepy with intense shadows
Bottom right: Looks like a stereotypical Boo! ghost

cope

Attached: ox0rPoq.gif (225x120, 244K)

why they didn't make the sprites look washed out in the first place? why now they want them to look like in the artwork after 5 generations having them have very vivid colors

lol

Did they forget Typhlosion had fire on his neck?

why would I need to cope with your low IQ?

Attached: 1534954197544.png (2219x799, 1.18M)

Apparently they decided the fire only comes out when he's attacking.

It comes out when he attack

>choosing to eat shit just to be a contrarian
Based retard

No, the fire is only supposed to be there when its attacking, and it is.

>3D was is better than spri-

Here, this dates all the way back to Stadium 2.
youtu.be/-33JBL9Bn7Y?t=398

No it was always like that.

Attached: 2c6.gif (500x374, 990K)

The 3d models ARE bad. The poses are static and boring with little animation, and the colors are pastel and washed-out.

>game from close to 20 years ago has more effort than the 3D trash gamefreak shits out today

Attached: 1460690973919.webm (640x360, 606K)

seething again? have sex

No, that user is an underaged retard.

Attached: pokemonstadium2_02.jpg (640x474, 99K)

See

Fucking retard, kill yourself.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 11K)

Attached: soulless.webm (640x360, 2.48M)

>everyone over a certain age must have played this particular game

Venasuar and Charizard are much better, Blatoise could

The backsprites are because they're the same resolution as the front sprites but are placed closer towards the camera, thus appearing to be of lower quality. Gen 2 to 4 didn't have this issue as the backsprites were drawn so that only part of the Pokemon was shown, and thus it looked a lot better than the Gen 5 backsprites.

Didn't they make LGPE Gengar fix his design? I remember him looking more like his old self.

>The backsprites are because they're the same resolution as the front sprites but are placed closer towards the camera, thus appearing to be of lower quality.
That doesn't excuse it.

Attached: 1535996259791.gif (500x295, 1018K)

If you think 3D typhlosion even remotely compares to 2D typhlosion unironically off yourself, user.

Jesus fuck.
I never realized how bland the 3D pokemon look.
Going to 3D was a mistake.
Also GF can't into 3D for shit.
XY was bad, but I gave them a pass since it was their first try into a 3D game, then we got ORAS I expected them to get at least the FPS issues under control. Nope, even worse we just got a joke for a Battle Frontier.
Sun/Moon, only played about 4 hours and then gave the game to my 5 yo nephew.

I wish Nintendo would make up its mind on who the series is for. The game are aimed for kids with little regard for the older fans, but the media (Like the movies) seem geared towards older, most Detective Pikachu.

GF has only gotten more hacky over time. The first few games was them trying to stretch in the constraints of tech. Now that they have the tech, they suck even harder.

"Please understand."

Attached: 5.jpg (300x168, 27K)

To add to my previous post. What you've pointed out is an exception, not the rule. Gen 5 sprites were superior in terms of animation, with trainer sprites being fully animated in BW2.

to be fair, they'd have to make so many more animations now, it's genuinely unreasonable.
They have to add over 100 new pokemon each gen and it gets just more and more ipossible to make a new model for each one each new game.
It's still shit though

this angers me

Attached: shadman.gif (385x211, 2.12M)

Stadium 2 came out just 1 year after GS, if you miss "old Typhlosion" there's no excuse to not at least know both.

So that means that OP's pic is pointless since it means Pokemon has been shitty and soulless since Stadium and not a recent thing.

unbased

Roody poo

Two different moves, not a good comparison.

It doesn't, but that's only if you assume it's an issue of laziness of GF's end rather than the technical limitations of the DS hardware, or the memory limitation of a DS cartridge. Objectively speaking, Gen 5 sprites are superior to the generations prior due to their animations, the backsprites being the same resolution does subjectively look bad, but it is objectively the same as Gen 4.

Attached: 2ch on pokemon.png (2004x2336, 3.31M)

>Stadium
>soul

Attached: animation is hard.webm (1280x720, 2.91M)

This is a 3D vs 2D pokemon thread you brainlet. People only started comparing the two when Gamefreak started exclusively making 3D pokemon games in gen 6. Not to mention the stadium games are spinoffs anyway.

>This is a 3D vs 2D pokemon thread you brainlet.
Right, meaning that Stadium and all the other games are just as shit and soulless as mainline. There's no difference, "it's a spinoff" isn't an excuse when they use the same models and animations.

Stadium's model has the proper colors.

>mega blastoise has big fucking cannon on its back
>cant wait to see the 3d animation for hydro pump
>fires out of its mouth
i do not understand game freak

Attached: nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.jpg (600x512, 26K)

Limited colors in the Gen 1 games due to the Super Gameboy.

Then limited colors in Gen 2 due to the limitations of the GB Color.

Gen 3 had to go with bright colors because EVERYTHING had stupidly bright colors on the GBA due to the lack of internal light. It was very noticeable on SNES ports.

The DS games could have implemented the XY color pallet without issues, but they reused some sprites of Ruby and Sapphire which likely led to them keeping those colors. The same goes to White/Black which also reused some sprites from Diamond & Pearl.

XY was the first time they did a complete graphical revamp after Ruby & Sapphire.

No, it hasn’t. Nupokemon has its issues though.
Not every one looks worse in 3D, some honestly look a fuck load better like furret or zigzagoon. Others should have stayed 2D.

Fuck haha I never noticed that

>different animations for different types of attacks coming out of the same pokemon
>N64 cartridge MAX size: 64 MB
>3DS cartridge MAX size 8GB (but Nintendo might be capping them at 2GB for a game)

Hmm

this is 100% correct. I just want a good pokemon game again fuck going 3d.

Attached: 5CH on the current STATE of Pokemon full vers.jpg (1662x2083, 2.27M)

Yeah, colors so proper they're just used in the early 3D games, 1 card and a few episodes of the anime.

>Pokemon models are ba-

Attached: 1552234318277.gif (268x355, 3.78M)

Daily reminder that the Pokemon Stadium is the superior 3D pokemon experience in just about every single aspect. Fuck, it's pretty bad that LGPE can't beat a 20 year old game.

Attached: a8e.gif (288x216, 1.98M)

Literally based

masuda is a lazy fuck who likes to troll his fans with answers like that

I don't fucking care about spinoff games, they can experiment with new things and do what they want. I only care about the mainline games, and when they replace kino sprites with shitty 3D models I will complain.

>There's no difference
>they use the same models and animations.
There is no reuse of models and animations from stadium in gen 6+, are you sure you play these games, user?

>17: 【ORAS】 Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire Funeral Room

Attached: file.png (1797x879, 182K)

>thing has levitate
>it levitates now
Wooooow. At least say xatu or the numerous other Pokémon stuck with shitty flying animations.

>*Raughs*

Attached: Pokemon will never have challenge ever again.png (1619x1222, 983K)

They should have done a remake of an older game first. People would have likely complained about GF leaving out some gens but then it would have made for a better foundation for future games, but yeah Still sucks they just keep adding more and more. At some point they might as well cut out the attack animations and just make them all shake a little to signify an attack.

Please understand it's a lot of work to animate so many Pokemon.

Pokemon Stadium isn't very fun. And honestly as shitty and boring as LGPE is, a gen 1 battle sim isn't really that much better. Stadium 2 may be horseshit difficultywise (until I cheesed with my Dragon Rage Aerodactyl) but its a ton more fun.

Attached: 1551304215404.gif (420x236, 1.96M)

So in which game do I get to see Onyx wrap around an opponent?

sure lol

Attached: 1357356727547.png (394x354, 77K)

This, a lot of Pokemon benefitted massively from the change. The ones that didn't are the ones that had problems that the sprites hid, like nonsensical proportions. This is the reason so many Pokemon look fat in 3D, they'd be noodle monsters without a proper torso.

Come on, Pokemon sprites were always a joke. You just had static images for -4- gens and even when they implemented "animations" they were just a loop done by stretching the sprites, rather than actual animation, with no actual attack or hit animations, just that loop over and over.

Attached: 1551311231885.jpg (1258x1030, 427K)

>and when they replace kino sprites with shitty 3D models I will complain.
So you can't complain because the only good Pokemon sprites are in gen 2.

>There is no reuse of models and animations from stadium in gen 6+
Good thing Stadium wasn't the only game to rehash from, eh?

None, because Onyx sucks ass.

Attached: 1552751437603.gif (400x225, 1.88M)

Visually, maybe. Otherwise it's not even a JRPG, it's just a battle sim. You lose way too many aspects of the series to call it a replacement.

Fuck off, it was the first time we saw Pokemon in 3D, it was mindblowing.

If you connect to your gameboy then it becomes pretty much the same thing.

Pokemon makes money with its current formula. I'd love for more difficulty and a chance of pace but they'd be absolutely retarded to try when it rakes in literal billions. Casuals and normies alike eat that shit up and the current Pokemon MO is here to stay.

Attached: C5ICbkzWcAEaBgo.jpg (480x853, 52K)

Attached: 1537371290205.jpg (773x1024, 183K)

>chance of pace
Change* excuse the autism

They had animations starting in crystal.

Sprites were good all the way up to gen 5

>Good thing Stadium wasn't the only game to rehash from, eh?
I don't know what point you're trying to make..

Lole:
:D
Loleless:
| i| || |_

You could play as qt girls since crystal though

fake pic

>no story
>no characters
>no exploration
>no puzzles
>no teambuilding
Sorry, but I'd take the worst Pokemon JRPG over the best Pokemon battle sim. The battling is arguably the worst part of Pokemon, it's there to complete the gameplay loop. Without the teambuilding and customization the battling feels pointless.

>Sprites were good all the way up to gen 5
Sprites from gen 1, 3, 4 and 5 suck ass, 3 and 5 especially, with 4 barely saving itself with some wonderful backsprites.

>I don't know what point you're trying to make.
Just look at the Hippowdon in the OP. It's identical to the PBR pic posted before.

Hippowdon was always a shit design

Gengar is fine, the hippo got fucked

nobody likes blastoise so they thought they could get away with it.

>No u

Attached: 1556097926650.jpg (1080x745, 239K)

>no puzzles
>no exploration
You just described Sun and Moon, along with a story and characters that are actively aggravating because they interrupt you every ten seconds.

I've never played any of the "3rd game within the Gen" games.

Why is it the case that Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum are liked so much more than their precursor games; aren't they mostly the same?

Just wondering.

Attached: 37.png (494x400, 25K)

That's why you use the game boy transfer pak, buddy. You can do all the customizing and team building you want in the original, and then transfer it to Pokemon Stadium. That is the appeal of the game and that is why it was made in the first place, so people could see their Pokemon in 3D. It's an incredibly rewarding experience and I would take that over the soulless stiff pokemon you catch at the drop of a hat in LGPE. Also not even mentioning the minigames, ingame emulation, mystery gifts, unique challenge modes, room decorating, photo taking etc.

>Battles are the worst part
You should stop playing JRPGs then.

Same games but with more content usually and better Pokemon availability.

they washed out all the colors, they look like shit

>which by no coincidence happened after Gen 5, which had the greatest advancement in sprite animation since Crystal
What, by reusing almost all of the gen 4 sprites? Hypocritical fuck

Yeah, but with improvements. Same game but with improvements = better. They're generally pretty substantional improvements as well, like the Battle Frontier in Emerald, or Platinum just being faster.

With the exception of Platinum, the other are just additions over the base game, good or shit they may be. Platinum and USUM tried a little to fix the base game's flaws but it only went really well for Platinum even if it wasn't flawless. All of them except Crystal have 0 reason to exist, though.

Not only is this image wrong, but guess what?

According to the actual kusoge wiki, LGPE is "good". ORAS and USUM? Bad. LGPE? Good.

I figured, but "content and Pokemon" just doesn't seem like enough alone to bump a game into a higher ratings tier than the predecessors. I figured something like a good change to mechanics would do that. But like I said I haven't played them and yet it appears universally accepted. Interesting.

I really want to go back...

Attached: 1537147647511.jpg (400x400, 85K)

Attached: 1515717930626.png (531x435, 94K)

>it'll sell millions
literally sold 10+ million copies. lol

>It sold it means it's good!

Zoomer logic

Does anyone else prefers the sprite animations from Pokémon Crystal over Emerald? They were more limited, with only one or two limbs moving, but it feels like more thought and care was put into them than Emerald, which mostly consisted of rigid sprite rotations, expansions, and spastic motions.

Attached: Hitmonlee.gif (500x498, 145K)

Gen 3 was peak Pokemon. Main games and side games were all god tier. Could actually catch 'em all, pic related.

Attached: GPXE01-30.png (1920x1060, 1.27M)

Crystal had the best animation in my opinion.

They didn't flat out reuse it. They've improved it by giving each sprite individual animations, i.e. major changes were made to them which never happened in Gen 6 and above. The basic premise of having a static sprite have been untouched since Gen 1, meaning that Gen 5 really was the most ambitious generation, much to the dismay KKKKAAAAAAAAAAAANNNTTTTTOOOOOOOOO normalfags and Gen 6 mid-zoomers.

>They've improved it by giving each sprite individual animations
Shitty stretching and squishing is hardly 'animating'. Most of the base poses were copied right over from gen 4. See: Charizard.

yes that's how things generally work.

They have walking/running animations so they could at least animate the pokemon running over to the opponent and kicking them. Battle Revolution did this and there's no reason they can't do it now.

>everyone who does these recolors makes them look absolutely retarded

If that was the case FNAF would be good but it's not

>Zoomer logic
LGPE was designed to attract the Millennial nostalgiafags who cum whenever KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNTTTTOOOOOOOOO is mentioned, hence the 1:1 recreation of the region itself. It makes perfect sense given that everyone who played Gen 1 when it was new are in their late 20s and 30s, and are therefore likely to be parents.

Bugfixes, improves story elements, and extra content, usually. Take Yellow, the first "third":
>updated sprites for Pokemon and trainers
>added Chanseys worked at the PokeCenters
>Pikachu gets a unique icon in the party screen
>redesigned aesthetic features including doors and signs
>extra color palettes
>extra trainers
>Surfing Pikachu minigame
>using a Bicycle in Victory Road doesn't change the music
>fixed Pokemon locations and availability
>the Rival's team changes based on the player's skill level
>finally gave Charizard the ability to Fly
>Safari Zone doesn't require at least 500PkD to enter, but Safari Balls cost money
>Kinesis can finally be learned by Kadabra, a move that was never used before
>player can get all of the starters without trading

Blastoise looks so shit with those pencil thin canons, what the fuck where they thinking?

oh no he's so cute

Good thing you're the one publishing popular games and making millions
Oh wait

Based and ungaypilled

Then how come I'm a gen 1 nostalgia fag and I hate it? Face it, they made a soulless product. Not sure how your cognitive dissonance has driven you this long without coming to terms with it.

As the other user mentioned, the Unova animations look good because they were designed with the new technology in mind. Gen 7 did not attempt to break the status quo set by Gen 6.

You know how I know you don't know how colors work?

why is it that people don't like X / Y? they're the only ones i've liked since gen 3

>Then how come I'm a gen 1 nostalgia fag and I hate it?
Because there's less to do than if you were just playing RGBY.

How old are you?

They don't. X and Y are some of the best-received Pokemon games.

>soulless
I never disagreed with that you fag.

USUSM are the best Pokemon games.

Attached: f66b4e1adcc12efd70589bd7d26fc919.jpg (975x1300, 1.05M)

>gen 1
>good

here's to (you) retard

Attached: 1279036113335.jpg (926x578, 56K)

>"Y-you're just jealous cus they got more money than you!!!!" fallacy

Zoomers never cease to amaze me at their stupidity.

I see. Thanks for the replies friends. Have a You on me.

Old enough to know you wont be making million dollar IP's anytime soon. Not saying I will be, either, but I'm conscious enough to know that FNaF and Pokemom are cash cows and therefore that makes them good ideas.

They are good marketing ploys but that doesn't make them inherently good franchises.

>Gold sprite
>Letting niggers know he's going to fuck them up
>Silver sprite
>Lowering himself to hydro pump/skull bash
y r u gae

What is a good franchise by your merits?

Weird how everyone was more pale, probably a 3ds thing

one of the worst things is how flying types aren't allowed perching animations because of VI's stupid ass air battles

Attached: 1279036113335.jpg (926x578, 91K)

They were aiming for the color palette from Sugimori's original art.

Attached: bulba.png (328x300, 171K)

What if Gamefreak hired Banpresto's sprite animators?
youtu.be/4frhPtHMRAY

That sort of logic has been prevalent since the 90s kids era, go fuck yourself. I'm glad that the time has come for Millennials to start rotting, enjoy the wall.

These threads are what proves to me that Yea Forums's IQ is sub 70.
I don't know how retarded this many people have to be to be unable to realize that the reason that the pokemon have actual idle animations now in 3D is because they actually have more than one shitty static sprite, and that the comparison is fucking stupid, but I imagine it's around the 65 IQ range.

Also the models are lighter either because the 3D darkens things when in 3D mode, or they were trying to emulate the light ass ORIGINAL art, maybe both reasons. If anything the previous games had been fucking up on a lot of pokemon.

Attached: mr._mime-3.gif (192x192, 269K)

No, more like you're a dipshit for thinking they're not good ideas. Just because you don't like something doesn't make it a bad idea.

silver is more like, i'm about to rush a nigga.

I didn't save any of them, but someone was posting comparison pics of Sugimori art next to 3DS models and the color palette was identical. It's obvious why they look the way they do. The highly saturated GBC sprites were due to system limitations (even if they look better).

Anything after Gen 3 is absolute nonredeemable garbage.

Attached: 1556592421563.jpg (555x555, 68K)

that has always been a thing in the anime

Still looks more in line with official art, the alolan form has no excuse though.

Attached: 103Exeggutor.png (1280x1280, 949K)

>anything after gen 3
Zoomer or a manbaby

Not the original art, just the gen 3+ Sugimori art
>b-b-but Diglett and Exeggutor and Starmie
Just a few exceptions.

>If anything the previous games had been fucking up on a lot of pokemon.
Delete this. People here defend Sprite Gligar and gen 3-4 Salamence.

>waaaah Mewtwo is too bright in the 3D games!
So why didn't you babies cry about how light he was in the movies and anime back in 1999?

>3D MODELS BAD, 2D SPRITES GOOD
This but wholeheartedly.

Left: They will fear the grass
Right: Basedful

Pokemon sprites peaked at BW2. anything before it were alright but anything after are souless polygons

blah blah blah iq shut the fuck up

sick of psuedo intellectual types, especially over a children's series discussion.

your post reads like a 15 year old who started with the 3d games. it's okay.

this christ you can see its fang its looks smug

Cute foot.

Rush a niggas dick, sure

I'd honestly much rather have a 2D pokemon game with a more defined artstyle using Sugimori's hand drawn art instead of sprites. Complex battle animations add nothing to the gameplay.

Motionless sprites that look good > Moving models that look good.
Let your imagination fill in the gaps~~~~
(also gives incentive to give dynamic-looking sprites to the pokemon)

He wasn't born when sprites were around

>liking bw2
Shut up zoom zoom.

Why the fuck is the hippo made of sand?

Meant to say "moving models that look bad." but actually I think it's still true, albeit to a lesser extent.

BW2 sprites were garbage. They all had this weird shitty aliasing that reminded me of early 2000's Newgrounds.

Emerald / Crystal are my favorites, nothing too overdone.

Just play a fucking text game then you dumb motherfucker. Or stick to discussing atari 2600 games on /vr/ instead of wasting time here. Seriously I can't believe you would say something so fucking dumb.

That is correct but
>Motionless sprites that look good
Has only ever happened in GSC, so it's not a "standard" that the series followed.

where in my post did I say I enjoyed the game autistic boomer

I always ignore facts like those so I can rage.

They didn't have any anti-aliasing, I assume you mean the zoomed in backsprites?

Attached: 534.gif (102x69, 86K)

The sprites don't even have attacks they just fucking bounce up and down, are you kidding me? It's as objective an improvement as it gets.
Only arguably bad difference is coloring, but idiots compare the idle poses from the 3D games and the "idle" poses from the sprites and act like it's a comparison that makes sense.

>They all had this weird shitty aliasing that reminded me of early 2000's Newgrounds
God I fucking hated that. Honestly the whole game was
>you can count the pixels

agreed

Attached: 9C3CEF97-E7A5-4066-AFF1-C22D68F06594.png (768x768, 220K)

I think it might be more of a space limitation thing, do it once and you can keep reusing the animations forever but it would be massively expensive and probably kill everyone who worked on it.

>guys it's so cool that in order to kick someone the Pokemon jumps into the air and fires energy balls from its feet it's just like in Dragonball Z!

don't you dare talk shit about NG's faggot most those games were made by a single person

>anti-aliasing
Fucking retard lol

You can see it when this thing leans forward.

It was fucking awful.

ALIASING, not anti aliasing. You people are braindead.

Attached: 496.gif (66x60, 36K)

You know, 3D models aren't void of personality by default.
All the sprites in the Pokémon games are in different action poses. If the animators for the models bothered to make them more animated instead of just bobbing their head or fat-man breathing for idles and reacted to being hit in unique ways they'd be much more lifelike than the sprites can hope to be.

Attached: the worlds lamest dance party.gif (400x159, 731K)

The sprites DO have aliasing, user.

Attached: 1505025170293.png (509x371, 234K)

That's because Crystal animations generally had more than two frames of actual animation, even if it was just a limb.

Those gen 5 sprites aren't accurate because you aren't seeing the absolutely fucking atrocious "animation."

Another aspect is that while the games are localizing, developers are still working on the game and they have time to complete old idea's or come up with entirely new things. It sucks to leave these idea's on the table, so they generally get rounded up into 3rd complete version. This happens with other japanese games, KH games had more content in the western releases then the japanese versions, so they released final mix versions with everything they had completed after the wests version dropped

>Yea bro, if you zoom in just right you can kinda see some blur
Autism

It has to be something I like and do everything that I want to see happen. This means all franchises are bad.

I enjoy and enjoyed Newgrounds.
I don't expect a game in 2012 by an AAA company to have the same issues.

Why are you all so aggressive (and wrong) in this thread?
Pokemon fans are all literal high schoolers I guess.

I agree.

That weird bulge on her taint is less noticeable with a shadow applied to it.

He looks the exact same except he's more upright and lighter blue. This is world-class mega-autism.

>get proved wrong
>just insult the person, fuck it

lol

>he looks the exact same except he's not the exact same

you people have to be high schoolers. glad pokemon still has it's audience.
first pokemon thread i've been in for years and it's hilarious.

Attached: 1549490222207.jpg (434x434, 71K)

hey thats funny I made the image on the top you stole it from a meme I made on reddit

soul = darker colors

Attached: 8ca.jpg (700x965, 117K)

>seething
>cope
>have sex
try harder faggot, maybe we will believe you are not retarded someday

Attached: 2D24661C849648D789F738BF651F6C58.jpg (600x600, 31K)

That's not anti-aliasing, that's due to the limited resolution of the DS sprites. A long diagonal line will never look good with such a small resolution, here's a demonstration of it.

Attached: Untitled.png (241x400, 3K)

keep the trash there.

>I'm stupider than shit and must rage and cry about my childhood not being forever
He's not "less bulky", he's standing straighter. And whoop-dee-shit he's blue but not the same blue, this is truly something to shit myself into a fartfest over.

I never used the phrase anti aliasing.

Why are you people in such a rush to be wrong?

You do know that the models move for attacking? There's literally 0 difference between a posed sprite and a model paused mid-animation.

Attached: top.gif (192x192, 499K)

>anti-aliasing
It appears I have misread the original post, however my point still stands. The sprite resolution did not change between Gen 4 and 5, and with the introduction of idle animations means that jagged look is quite common.

I wasn't even the person who posted that.

Just pointing out how you contradicted yourself in the same sentence.

Feels bad, right? Having no argument. Why put yourself out there like this? Do you do this in class?

Attached: 1555896815480.jpg (387x361, 39K)

the only thing you have been able to prove to me is that yes, you are indeed autistic

>. A long diagonal line will never look good with such a small resolution
And do you know what it's called when a high resolution image looks shitty on a lower resolution? ALIASING

Mad as fuck.

Don't bother. I'm just gonna stick around at this point.

Attached: 1553991431220.jpg (1200x1000, 190K)

I already admitted my mistake and corrected it.

Why are you people in such a rush to be wrong?

>He looks the exact same
Bro, I think you need some glasses. They do not look alike at all. Look at his fucking snout and eyes.

Attached: 1545094529510.png (663x316, 9K)

They have more than one animation, you know. Post the 3D models from when they're actually doing an action, if you want to compare something to the action poses sprites.
I assure you that it shits all over the bounce up and down sprite.

Attached: dam1upq-5a21497d-510c-4625-b2ae-265ae4294947.gif (192x192, 338K)

You're already wrong and already lost. Take a seat.

Wasn't even me.

How the fuck am I wrong?

yeah you really really need to zoom to see how bad it was

Attached: PokemonBnW-G5-ImprisonW.gif (256x192, 978K)

>the only way I can argue is nitpicking minute nothings
Take a step back, look hard at what you're throwing this shitfit over, and realize how you're wasting your life.

Attached: 1408278777159.png (400x278, 119K)

Left is a feraligatr right is a feralidile.

>we got more powerful hardware to make pokemon games look better?
>Find way to make it look shittier
>They want soul to come back?
>fuck with the designs to remove more soul

Attached: 1535391909461.jpg (300x371, 34K)

If his point is that aliasing exists, then no, I have not been proven wrong because I agreed to begin with. If his point is that it looks bad, then that is subjective and it is impossible for him to prove anything other than his own opinion. Nice try.

And that's the exact problem, a sprite posed in a badass way is infinitely better than a model who's animation includes that badass pose for 1 frame.

I haven't played pokemon since emerald, are the gen 5 games the best to go with?

Battle frontier and other postgame.
If you want a real ballbusting experience try challenging this absolute hellhole.

Attached: 300px-Battle_Pyramid_E.png (300x395, 142K)

I destroyed this garbage-zoomer thread.

Take care, anons.

See you next time.

Thank god gen 5 is over.

IT IS NOT FUCKING OPINION THE SHITTINESS OF MODERN POKEMON AND THE SOULLESSNESS OF 3D MODELS IS A GODDAMNED FACT

Gen 5 is objectively the best generation with the most soul in relation to its age, to the dismay of Kantofags.

this but without any form of doubt

It's really not. The model can assume that pose whenever it wants while the sprite is stuck there doing absolutely nothing 24/7.

You're still an idiot. They're clearly not editing the pixels at hand for those animations in BW, but just rotating and animating a sprite, resulting in aliasing worse than previous gens.

Pokemon needs a completely reboot

Get rid of all the pokemon save maybe Eevee and Pikachu and just reboot the entire series

OH MY GOD POKEMON STADIUM 2 USES THE MODERN LANKLET DESIGN SHUT IT DOWN SHUT IT DOWN SHUT IT ALL DOWN.

Attached: NINTENDO64--Pokemon%20Stadium%202_Jan25%208_43_48[1].jpg (640x480, 80K)

He literally never mentioned anything about 3D models. All he did was sperg out at the aliasing of 96x96 sprites.

Alright, thanks bro

Don't go into media management

>sperg out

You mean bring up? Everyone else did the rest.

A few extra pixels means that they look awful. It's alright, you'll be able to enjoy those games once your ageing Millennial eyes rot enough for you to wear glasses permanently.

People complain about bad anti-aliasing in other games all the time, mainly as being bad graphics. Those are just a few extra pixels. You're fucking retarded.

mad about what? I called your retarded ass out using terms you have no idea what they mean

>anti-aliasing
It's time for me to sperg out for misreading a single prefix.

I'd rather look at a non-moving sprite in a basass pose than a shit 3D model that spends most of the time generically standing

What's wrong?

So it's just autism.

It's called soul and respecting a franchise.

Why is everyone sperging about anti aliasing all of a sudden?

The original post that mentioned his opinions on how bad BW sprites are stated "aliasing" and people mistook it for "anti-aliasing", he then sperged out and pulled a gotcha on whoever read the word wrong.

Indeed, the sprites have no soul and no respect.

solid list

Attached: 1556302360311.png (388x488, 110K)

It's a day ending in "Y".

Okay? No reason to sperg out with my post though.

based

The 3d models are still garbage and coloring won't fix that.

why not uhhh..... refine the 2d ones?

Attached: bohman2.png (960x540, 926K)

>ORAS has no battle frontier
>10 plus years after gen 3 gamefreak still keeps IVS around so you have to autist nolife if you wanna competitive
>a fucking nonofficial fan game pokemon showdown is better competitive platform then the one made by originals with hundreds millions budgets

PREASE UNDERSTANDU

Attached: masuda.jpg (610x343, 145K)

Ah I play through Crystal once a year but always get curb stomped by reds Espeon and quit my game there.

nice frog you got there

Based Japs

How would guys if Pokémon ditched 3D and did hand drawn 2d

Soulless.

Attached: file.png (1162x461, 379K)

modern pokemon is like remaking pong with improved graphics instead of just making a new game

Not a single sprite has even a percent of the soul that this has, and this isn't even mentioning pokemon amie.

Attached: Sableye-AttackAnimation-XY-1.gif (192x192, 184K)

Zoomers these days will never know the joys of having a CRT TV as big as a staircase sat on the floor.

This, but sincerely.

Do you think there will be more Pokemon let's go remakes?
I like Pokemon, but I can't be bothered to grind all day long. I'd rather have more let's go style games.

Sableye's my favourite pokemon, and 90% of that is his 3D animation.

Attached: sableye.gif (268x230, 1.95M)

Sex

There's more soul in that trainer's reaction than there is in half the 3D pokedex from X/Y

wrong thread nigger

Yes, because ten million people bought LGPE solely because they wanted to play it and THEN shit on it over the internet.

Sure thing dude.

Attached: e9bcbcec5b0065b690cae64896521dcf.gif (384x216, 2.09M)

He said pokedex though, and I'd have to agree. Most pokemon are modeled in such a way that they can hardly move.

That's no excuse. They could easily hire another company to make every model while they work on something else.

They're really not though.

Just look at the models posted in this thread, most can hardly move.

Attached: 1528305505041.png (650x1425, 884K)

Is Let's Go worth playing? I'm bored and I've already completed the other games multiple times. As long as I don't need to use the go app and can create artificial challenge in some way I'll give it a shot.

increase the saturation hurr

They can "hardly move" simply because no one posts movement gifs. If the Pokemon can "hardly move" then it means it's a shit design, be it represented in 2D or 3D. Not that saying that static pictures can "hardly move" means anything either way.

To be fair, that's partly down to the design of the pokemon. Lots of them are designed to be rule of cool bulky with no consideration for their movement. Venusaur's cool, but what do you expect it to do? Hippowdon can pretty much only open and close its mouth.

I'm talking about what you're referring as "bad design" then. Weird how the designs can have dynamic poses in 2D though. Dipshit.
It would require some funky ass modelling to make some work, but Gamefreak did absolutely the least amount of effort.

>Weird how the designs can have dynamic poses in 2D though.
It isn't weird because they have the exact same thing in 3D. Retard.

>you can't see the light of a lightbulb when you're in the light of the sun
>when you're in the dark underground, even a lightbulb can look like the sun
Nips are based.

The IDLE models?
Or are you trying to say these
barely move?

Attached: tumblr_mwdrifNLzc1rjenv2o1_400.gif (400x259, 971K)

>braindead zoomer

No they fucking don't.

Sure thing dude.

All animations, but Mr. Mime and Greninja are one of the better ones. Never seen that Totodile honestly.

The models are mostly fine. What they need is battle-specific idle animations and better textures.

Look at this dynamic pose my dude. Makes him look badass.

Attached: lookhowtheymassacredmyboy.gif (500x279, 316K)

I think they did a passable job. They didn't go too crazy with it, but the models look nice at least if you put aside the color palette. The animations are okay too but they're not too expressive. That's to be expected though when they have something like 800 pokemon to animate, each with at least two dozen moves.

>look at this dynamic pose
>posts idle animation
Do you want him to be constantly freeze framed mid flamethrower or something?

They're garbage transitional games with half the content of its predecessors.

That's idle. You guys really have an issue comprehending this word.

too accurate

Show him where he places his arms to his side like in gen2 and then I'll believe they can have dynamic poses.

Gen VIII will be a pokemon renaissance.

Attached: VIII (8).jpg (1500x750, 470K)

You guys even read the filename? That alone should tell you that I was being sarcastic.
Anyway, pic related would have been miles better than the shit they did. It wasn't just typhlosion, a lot of models are just awful.

Attached: typhlo.gif (426x143, 681K)

They tried with black and white and people bitched

X/Y are cool. My main criticisms are that the pacing is a little off and the difficulty was reduced heavily (which carries over to everything released since). You can turn off the exp share and challenge yourself in other ways though so I don't mind. It was nice having a game that started you with baby pokemon and weaker monsters from all generations and gradually ramped up. There were less new pokemon in gen 6 but they all fit with the rest of the dex well. The gap between badge 2-3 was as long as collecting 4-8, but it's only a minor problem. Occasional framerate issues and complaints about the implementation of 3D are pretty common but it's all personal preference, as a generation XY is solid. IMO better than 4 and 7.

I wish Level-5 would be commissioned to produce the next Pokemon game. If nothing else, they know how to put soul into visuals and animations.

3D ruined everything.

Attached: dungeons.png (781x640, 68K)

mm8 is mediocre as hell why is it there
i mean it's better than 7 but still

It' a shame outside companies have more love for Pokemon than Gamefreak does.

Attached: blastoise.png (584x209, 235K)

itt: faggots who stopped playing pokemon at gen 3 and have never been to vgc complain about a franchise they don't care about

you're mediocre as hell

Attached: 1548367900653.gif (800x399, 34K)

Gen 2 is the worst gen that's only popular because it was lucky enough to be released when it was. If the gen 2 Pokemon swapped places with any other later gen everyone would hate it.

You mean the exact same thing as his sprites from gen 3 and on?

Also
>what is an idle animation

Not the same pose of course but have a Typhlosion with arms to the sides

Attached: 20190430_222603.jpg (2560x1920, 2.25M)

The gen V animations were fine you fucking philistine.

Most of the models are fine. The issue that you, and many others, have is with the animations. And typhlosion shouldn’t have his fire crown 24/7 because that’s not how he works.

NINTENDO

HIRE

THIS
MAN
!!!

I own that and the Venusaur (fuck Charizard, shit's expensive as fuck, even for an average fake), love them both.

They're still attached to the front, not the sides like in the image. Head's behind the arms instead of in front/on top.

>The gen V animations were fine
I didn't know it was possible to be this retarded and wrong.

Attached: 151216016271d5c4448919454848.gif (200x200, 124K)

>hire a man for saturating models
shut the FUCK up n*gger

YOU WANT SOUL
YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE SOUL
POKEMON SAGE
capx.fandom.com/wiki/Pokédex

3d models are capable of dynamic and good animations and are way easier to rig than it is to animate a sprite
stadium through battle revolution had great animations that hold up by today's standards even with the shitty models
gamefreak are just notoriously lazy and incompetent. with barely anything that could be called competition and genwunner nostalgiafaggots slurping up anything with KANTOOOOOOOOOO on the label they have no need to try
see: the awful model storage in the gen 7 games with a copy of every model used in the area stored per area and not pulled from memory

>charizard and blastoise
Could go either way
>venusaur
Better
>mewtwo
Worse

why the fuck does anyone play pokemon anymore, play smt or persona for your turn based demon collecting fix

>that pic
I fucking hate that Pokemon don't have a battle-ready idle where they actually look poised to attack or defend.

Attached: braindead Pikachu here to make friends versus Pikachu that's actually going to fight.jpg (2896x2896, 385K)

This, but also unironically.

/r/whoooosh

>3D BAD
nice meme

youtu.be/7kS2uEjK0_0

Read the filename retard, I was being sarcastic. And I guess you're right. If a model is shit, then why fix it? It was shit in the past too, so I guess is okay for them to never fix it or anything. I'm being sarcastic again, I felt the need to point it out because you're clearly retarded.

multiplayer interaction

Exactly, it's fucking retarded for them to stand around happily while another pokemon is charging up a Hyper Beam.

you have to go back

Attached: 1531902238050.png (638x354, 57K)

>battle revolution had great animations

Attached: animation.webm (540x360, 487K)

Based

Attached: eeveewakening.gif (500x375, 1.65M)

Alright, I'll bite: what makes Crystal any different in your eyes?

Attached: 1399056485987.jpg (600x600, 380K)

nostalgia

Attached: buzzwole awake.gif (429x441, 2.52M)

There's literally a board for this all of you can fuck off

alright, but we're talking about the game today you fucking grandma

Attached: digit.png (174x142, 4K)

I don't really consider Yellow a third version, so for me they begin with Crystal as "improvement game" which means the next game after should've had all the features that its "improvement" version has to begin with. I'm not praising it btw, it still is the laziest one.

oh shit, hadn't seen this one
For a Pokemon with no traditional face and eyes that can't move, buzzy boy is one of the most expressive new Pokemon overall

Attached: buzzwoleGAO1.webm (718x720, 1.62M)

They had a really tough time fitting a tall bipedal alligator into a 56x56 pixels space, huh
The proportions look kinda chibi-fied

Yellow is absolutely a third version. It's bullshit to pick and choose based on whatever fits your viewpoint.

Attached: squatwole.gif (380x380, 1.98M)

A lot of these 3d models are actually pretty faithful recreations of the pokemon except maybe for the color palette. Though the colors seem more like an oversight with artists and graphics programmers not working together close enough to coordinate the colors better. It seems like they didn't account for the models being lit by lights in the engine which probably washed out the colors. Though I could be full of shit and the colors are just as bad if you extract the assets from the game.

It's the anime tie-in game.

>implying boards talk about what they are supposed to
It's like you think Yea Forums talks about vidya.

I agree that improvements should carry over to later versions. It's strange that walking pokemon started in yellow and are still not a regular feature in the series today. Animated sprites disappeared for years.

yahaha

Attached: mega gengar legs.jpg (1055x781, 30K)

soul

Attached: 1550224036854.jpg (480x480, 41K)

now what the hell is going on here

Attached: lucinaslam.jpg (541x447, 62K)

someone's been skipping leg day

GET OUT THOT

Attached: 1533244042324.jpg (736x1024, 56K)

>It's bullshit to pick and choose based on whatever fits your viewpoint.
Same to you then. Yellow came out as the fourth game considering Blue exist and had a few changes compared to Red and Green.

> It's strange that walking pokemon started in yellow and are still not a regular feature in the series today.
They brought it back for SM, but it wasn't implemented probably because the 3DS is shit. They used them in Let's GO but dropped them again in Sword/Shield(probably)

Never understood this meme since base Gengar's legs don't look like they function either. At least that one just swims.

Attached: 486.gif (372x331, 810K)

TAKE THIS

Attached: Castcham.png (450x450, 88K)

MY LOVE
MY ANGER
AND ALL OF MY SORROW!

Attached: SHINING NIGGER.jpg (480x360, 18K)

A Deals a deal

That's a non-attacking status move. Cherrypick more.

>Give each Pokemon unique animations for eating, sleeping, anger, happiness and more in Refresh
>Shit out the blandest idle, hurt and faint animations for battles despite them making out the bread and butter of the game
GF really set their priorities straight in this one huh. Couldn't even be bothered to give Salamence or Tropius standing animations in fight despite them standing normally in refresh.

Attached: 1550224164855.jpg (700x700, 70K)

Let's Go actually added more contrast to all the Pokemon but it makes /vp/ and Yea Forums seethe so they'll never admit anything about it

>none of the amie animations are used for pokemon with sleeping status
>grounded bird pokemon animations aren't used for battle either
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMEFREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK

Attached: tumblr_mb3rscyD1I1r8l831.png (429x410, 110K)

>dude it's fine if a FUCKING SIGNATURE MOVE has no animation
I could post Shadow Force, Roar of Time, Doom Desire or other shit and they're barely just head movements.

This is what they need to do more battles are fucking gay, I just want to feel like I'm having fun with my pet friends.
Amie should be a game ago on its own. Actually just ditch the battling at this point and just make it a adventure with and using the pokemon to overcome obstacles

yuuuuuuup. *sip*

I agree. Sprites don’t age.

I don't why people complain about his legs when his arms are just as noodly. At least if he didn't have the forearm.

Not sure if you're memeing but I'd legit be down for this. Comfy pokemon exploration/sandbox sounds fun.

The only ones I played were Gen 1 and 4. What’s the best gens in your opinion? Is S/M really that bad?

It reminds me of Glukkons from Oddworld. They force slaves to do everything for them so their legs eventually became vestigial. They now walk on their hands.

Attached: glukkon.jpg (500x341, 32K)

Pokken fixed this design

Attached: 1544819848148.png (357x657, 287K)

GET A LOAD OF THIS

Attached: Digletina.png (1000x1000, 357K)

This is probably the only time I'll agree with this garbage meme.
What the fuck did they do to Hippowdon

Mega Gengar is just a fusion of Gengar and Haunter like Mega Tyranitar is all of its previous three forms combined.

It's the same exact thing though.

They thought that you're too much of a casual to have played PBR.

they made it look good

Attached: a5d280cadcb150db8770c6c682e8a2099e8d5445_hq.gif (540x304, 1.69M)

No they didn't. It's still the exact same thing.

Attached: Cr7EiVDVUAIzO0l.jpg (1200x675, 116K)

Not gonna lie, this actually looks pretty badass

But that's right you fucking retard.

Attached: 1383582725464.jpg (1053x1070, 700K)

>Searching it up
>It's legit
They really just took some random forum rat's opinion into consideration for development. What the fuck have I be doing?

Yea Forums, we're making it now!

catching 'em all was harder in gen 3 than any generation before or since

gen 7 was a dumpster fire through and through though.
nothing from that game should ever be given the chance to continue. i wish we could erase it completely. it's so goddamn shit it makes me mad

absolutely patrician

I mean, it's pretty easy to get.
>It's these two games, but with more than either, and also the content is more accessable

It's just a straight up improvement; even 101% is more than 100%, user

I liked it
And the Pokemon designs were good

>of all developers pokemon is the most likely to cater to you directly
Well well well ain't that a twist

Okay, do it

Why can' the just go super ultra mega crunch time and just make decent animations for all the Pokemon and some maybe special moves too? I know they are a lot, but fuck they have the time and money surely? Well maybe not time i kinda don't know what am talking about, but if they did that the could just use those animations for like the next 15 years or whatever, the only thing they would need to do is catch up with the newer Pokemon they add, thats it. I really don't know why they just don't do that.

Attached: 1526247574616.jpg (543x549, 66K)

Put simply they don’t need to, and since they don’t need to they won’t. They have animations for Pokémon in the overworld and yet they most likely won’t use them because they don’t have to and because (I shit you not) it was hgss and they don’t want to make it less important.

As far as I can see, it's one animation for physical moves, one animation for special moves and one animation for status moves.
How it always has been and still is for 3D Models.

Except you mean the blastoise hydropump shit, which is actually shit, yes.

Pretty sure they kept expanding their dev team with every game but compared to other devs Game Freak is still rather small
They really should hire more people

Attached: 1480229288011.png (568x454, 367K)

game freak doesnt make the models and anims
creatures does

>B-BUT ITS A SPINOFF
>THAT D-DOESN'T COUNT, RIGHT?

Actually, some have more or less. Trapinch for example only has a single animation for all attacks.
On the other hand, most prominent legendaries have more (e.g. Genesect has an animation specifically for Techno Blast).

Post this on vr

OoT cucks BTFO

Attached: 1445760879601.jpg (640x640, 63K)

You sure? I can't look at Atari games without wanting to vomit.

I'm going to learn Japanese purely so I can shitpost with them

i love this
>wha.. dude? nah, fuck off, I'm having a blast over here

>quiting the game at the very end

Attached: 1556629238948.jpg (639x470, 19K)

Perfect opinion. Based and Battle-Frontier-pilled

3D = soul

Attached: giphy.gif (300x480, 301K)

>levitate
>soul

>cursed body
>soulless

Attached: 1527084961568.jpg (480x480, 18K)

Atari is an exception. NES onward is what I refer to.

I think that knowledge is too advanced for most of Yea Forums

This thread is literally giving me cancer. Can you faggots just go back to your containment board please.

literally giving me cancer
>literally
kek you talk like an sjw

>kek
You're trying too hard to fit in

and you neither know how to use "kek" nor how meme arrows work.
maybe you should go back, electionfriend

>back to your containment board
>trying to fit in
>projecting this hard
Imagine my shock lololol

Wrong on both, but by all means continue pretending you know what you’re talking about ;D

okay buddy

how would the main games change if pokemon kept all of their abilities like in the mystery dungeon games

I dont mind the 3D models, they're really good on their own, but gamefreak just isn't doing the right shit with them at all. Shitty animations and washed out colors are a waste of the potential they could actually have, I dont get why they STILL decide to use basic stock animations for just special and physical attacks. Some pokemon don't even have unique animation for their own signature moves, which is a fucking crime

Epic my friend. Take my (you)

you can really smell the newfag from this post

pic related is you

Attached: zama.png (813x870, 465K)

based Snufkin poster

Pokemon aren't allowed to have menacing poses like this in the games and I don't know but it's painfully obvious that they try to make them seem as non threatening as possible.

Yeah but Yea Forums is full of underage zoomers that played gen 3 first and think that's the best

>Gen 4 sprites
>good at all
gen 3 and gen 4 sprites were fucking shit. Gen 2 (especially Crystal) and Gen 5 is where all the actual talent was

>BW2 Work of god
OH NO NO NO
Who made this list clearly started playing on gen 4 or gen 5, the amount of bs is unbelivable, Alola with all the handholding manages to be more fun

Pokémon has to shit the same day as gen 5 games was released

Fuck you I was gonna say it

This is so depressing

The worst problem with this is that it's easier to use your imagination with the static sprites that only flash or slide around a bit. You can fill in the blanks in your head since it's just a representation of the pokemon, it's not meant to be the actual creature. But seeing it in full 3D doesn't give you that luxury, so if the animation is the same sliding shit as when it's 2D it leaves a lot to be desired.

The funny thing is that another company already makes the models in the first place.

Japan always really liked Gen 5.

>Make fairly good animations
>Don't use any of them in battles, the main thing that happens in the game

Attached: 1453010633708.gif (245x300, 744K)

Terrible pacing, laughable story and difficulty (even for Pokemon standards) and extreme Pokedex bloat. You only really start to notice most of XY's issues when you replay the games.

This. Pokemon has no fucking bite to it anymore. Look at the old games and art.
>Trainers were intense as fuck
>sneering at each other
>pokemon are staring daggers at each other
>get into a battle in the game
>screen shakes and flashes violently with every hit
Pokemon has no intensity anymore.

Attached: pokemon_art.jpg (1200x1200, 197K)

Its because the older games were made for handhelds without backlights, and the backlight on the original DS wasn't very good.
By oversaturating sprites it made things more visible. I'm assuming Gamefreak desaturated everything with the move to the 3DS to try and more accurately match the official art
Looks like shit either way, can't believe they fucked over my nigga Parasect like that.

God those stadium games still hold up to this day

>do that
>sell 10 million copies and have neckbeards complain about minute details

>don't do that
>still sell 10 million copies and still have neckbeards complain about minute details

Now you understand.

This. UNironically tho.

But since you're on a roll here, just take another (You), faggot.

Attached: jojo_josuke_have_a_you.png (837x794, 131K)

Every recent "rival" has been a fucking pussy, a far cry from the days of Gary Motherfucking Oak.

underrated post

I hate this about Pokemon sprites vs the official actual designs. With that Hippo monster the sprite gave me the impression it's whole head was like an iron helmet just like the nose and shell implies. Yet now this is my first time seeing its actual real design and I am disappointed because it looks cooler with what I thought it was.

Same obviously goes for Gengar.