Why did they make it so tedious?

Why did they make it so tedious?

You have to climb these huge ass mountains and towers which takes forever. You have to look for materials but you have no idea where to look for and have to wonder around for hours.

What the fuck were they thinking? Zelda was never like this!

Attached: botw.jpg (690x1117, 150K)

Im going to take the bait anyways.

It literally has a skyrim radar, just follow the objective until you complete the game, this game is brain dead, no need for you to "look up" for items

It's not tedious once you figure out the game. You just have to prepare. The one thing that stays "tedious" is cooking, but it's not that big of a deal

Just get Revali's Gale lol

>Why did they make it so tedious?
You are impatient, and old now. Yo0u should play games like this, or any RPGs.

Anyone else play this game without a horse? I barely used the horse after taming it.

Imagine a children's game being anything but a cakewalk for a full grown adult. IMAGINE.

yeah it was more trouble than it was worse. i was psyched when i found that skelly horse but you can't fuckin keep it

Nintendo can do no wrong

Bait thread but fuck it;

>You have to climb these huge ass mountains and towers which takes forever.

Nintendo "gamified" the world. Getting from one place to another is playing the fucking game. Traversal gets easier as you go - climbing gear (which can be upgraded), quick travel and new abilities make getting around a lot easier. That's called player growth and progression.

>You have to look for materials but you have no idea where to look for and have to wonder around for hours.

Sorry the game doesn't hold your hand. The game just asks you to do one thing; save the princess from the evil castle. Its up to you to figure out how you're going to do it.

It's so fucking gay you can't keep the exotic tameable animals. But you can wee on a fucking bike

>Why did they make it so tedious?
>Zelda was never like this!

Attached: zelda_image11.jpg (640x480, 50K)

Not really. Cooking is a crutch, so it shouldn't be quick and easy. Especially considering how potent it can be.

BotW is still GOTY 2017, and Hollow Knight is the runner up.

Attached: 1550437784895.png (700x791, 2.11M)

>Doesn't travel by rock like the pioneers

Attached: IMG_20190215_204852.jpg (643x475, 35K)

gitgud

HAHAHA BOTW isn’t even top 5 behind Odyssey, Hollow Knight, P5 and N:A

I'm not sure how fucking stupid you need to be in order to need to get good at BotW, but you've hit the mark.

>Odyssey > BOTW
Now that's a braindead take

The man with no taste.

Odyssey is a 7
BOTW is a 8

Ironic posts

Odyssey is a 8.5/10
BotW is a 9.5/10

Attached: 1489869797434.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

Me
Seems like getting a horse is to much
I just make gust to ride on, ride a rock, and or glide from a high angle

People who use .5 system should be gased

cringe nincel, how sad yikes

Wait are there actually people who think Odyssey is even close to being as good as BOTW

>It literally has a skyrim radar
Are you retarded? the game doesn't have a radar

Lmao Mario Odyssey was fucking trash

have sex and stay seething

Attached: 1493149861295.jpg (700x913, 110K)

NIGGER ARE YOU DUMB
You can upgrade the shrine radar so you can find items easier

that item tracker has nothing to do with the radar in skyrim you retarded faggot

Yes Odyssey is better than Zelda in reviews, sales, quality, and most importantly, staying true to its own series. Stay seething BOTWcucks

i dont use fast travel so I use horse a lot.

odyssey is a 4/10 at best deluded mario cuck

>Sorry the game doesn't hold your hand.
The one fucking thing that's in the game, shrines, and you have a literal radar for them.

Which you can turn off if you want

It's fun and everything, but I don't know. I just hate the lack of crazy fun dungeons. I know there's the divine beasts but there's only a couple of those. Shrines aren't really dungeons though, just a little one-off challenge.

Attached: 1502914027748.gif (220x220, 734K)

YIPPIE!

Goalpost moved

And yet it outperformed BOTW in every subjective and objective way. Stay seething BOTWtranny

>Get your big bag of tricks in the first half hour, so there's nothing to unlock as you progress
>Weapons break incredibly quickly, even cool weapons you get by saving this country or that snap in half just as fast, are expensive to replace, and aren't really better then shit laying around anyway
>Shrines are dinky little 'tee hee play with our physics' puzzles and the only reward for them is a weapon that's going to break in ten seconds
>Divine beasts are the only proper dungeons but they are small and since you already have your big bag of tricks there's no cool toy to look forward to in them
>Upgrading armor is just a grindy chore
>Intricate cooking system that ends up having zero depth

This game is just such a train wreck. It's alright I guess. Maybe worth a rental if you already have a switch.

Attached: 1503959800412.jpg (395x395, 27K)

>Main objective is literally moon shaped korok seed
>Discourages early exploration since half the moons are locked until you beat the game
>Darker side only somewhat challenging level
>Out of almost 1000 moons, less than 100 are original/unique
>3 kingdoms are literally pointless (darker side should have just been inside of darkside

You're actually retarded

And the sad part it's still the best Zelda title in the last twenty years.

>Have to climb this mountain
>It starts to rain
Every. fucking. time. Between shit like this and weapons breaking after a couple of hits, i dropped it after the water divine beast

Stop thinking OP. Stop critiquing. Just play, accept, praise, consume. Repeat. Alternatively, join the white knight soi collective.

>B-BUT GAEM TO EZ! I-IT HAS RADAR!
just turn it off then if its such a problem
>G-GOALPOST MOVING! G-GOALPOST MOVING!
im surly convinced you don't even know what that word even means

U just don't like the game m8, it's just taste, please kill urself for being a retard

Attached: 67878663647.png (700x913, 368K)

and this is how I know you didn't play the game. With the exception of the towers, which usually have a climbing puzzle associated with each one you dont need too climb, it is just another tool for traversal at you disposal along with the glider the horse and revalis gale. The game actively gives you situations where you cannot climb such as in the rain. If all you did was climb, you must like climbing, or you didn't play the game.

We still crying about this game?

>This game is just such a train wreck
>Maybe worth a rental

Attached: 1552199099416.jpg (540x720, 178K)

What are some other games similar to botw? Open world, exploration over combat, puzzles, no overly complicated mechanics, etc...

Attached: flat.jpg (1920x1080, 548K)

No story, empty world, etc

This is clearly a BotW fan mocking people who don't like the game. I'd say you guys are still butthurt about people being critical.

Attached: 1554492114364.jpg (698x1482, 198K)

Pretty much any Elder Scroll game.

>people being critica
Nitpicks aren't criticism

>tfw the shopkeep at The Slippery Falcon

Attached: panda.jpg (863x556, 134K)

>main objective was failed 100 years earlier
>empty world discourages exploration
>only semi challenge is paid dlc
>10 Unique puzzles at best. Half are korok seeds
>90% of the world is pointless filler with nothing but korok seeds and camps of bokoblins
>Goty

you are retarded, etc...

Imagine being you and being butthurt by this game for more than two years.

Jesus. What a fucking loser.

>empty world discourages exploration

LOL people are stil posting pathetic memes in place of any actual criticisms.

You are projecting, etc

>meme posts Odyssey

This is 100% shitposting. But that's not even the issue. The issue is, what do you even want? There's no way you'll be able to enjoy ANY video game if these are your serious complaints about botw.

>There's no way you'll be able to enjoy ANY video game if these are your serious complaints about botw.

You'll quite often notice that most of the shitters will pretend that normal conventions which exist in ever fucking game ever made are now suddenly GAME-BREAKING-FAULTS in BotW.

>the game is shit because it gets boring after 100 hours!
>the game is shit because it copy pastes enemies.
>the game is shit because you can pause to heal!
>the game is shit because once you get used to the combat and build your character up, it becomes easier to defeat enemies!
>the game is shit because I can't jump into a space ship and fly to other planets!

It was hilarious two years ago and its still hilarious now. And to be fair, BotW isn't perfect. But you rarely see people pick up on the game's real flaws - and even those 'flaws' don't overshadow the game.

There's just a desperate need to hate this game. Because of utter ass-sting. Nintendo made the Game Of The Generation. And some people can't stomach that.

Attached: eff6a489f08c9e791bf5db2d27bfd4949831ca76_hq.jpg (750x407, 44K)