Celeste was fun

Celeste was fun.

Attached: 522ECEE1-F06F-493E-8B77-9A946D449FBF.png (500x551, 201K)

abortion

no

I thought it was an overrated mediocrity, but you do you user.

Entertaining enough platforming but my god, the story was dogshit
>lol anxiety xD
Completely vapid and shallow. Shouldn't have even bothered and just focussed on the platforming instead.

>a game about aborting your black child
>fun
no

>muh abortion theory

okay tranny

I agree, but those c-side levels really suck.

>dude spikes lmao
>dude pixelart lmao
>dude depression lmao
>dude u go gurl yuo can do it lmao
it's as if tumblr manifested itself as a videogame

I just love how all the retards that hate this game talk about everything else except the gameplay. Welcome to nu Yea Forums

It got even more fun when I put on the training wheels and chessed the whole thing

The gameplay is dogshit, everyone knows that by this time. The /pol/ maymays is all that is left to discuss.

hi tranny

FUCK CELESTE AND FUCK TRANS """"""""PEOPLE"""""""""

ok let's talk gameplay

what does it do better than the litany of indie precision platformers like mcmillen autismofests, dustforce, vvvvvvv, n++ etc?

Not an argument

yes, Abortion is sure fun

hi tranny

hi tranny

chapter 9 WHEN

_ ____ __ ____ Madeline!

I want to hugfuck Madeline!

Where did the plot ever refer to anything ressembling abortion? Or is depression an equivalent?

abortion

_ ____ __ ____ Lena!

I would call it comparable to N+ but with more mechanics by a significant amount, all of which are integrated well.
You can make sections as easy or as hard as you want for yourself because there is so much flexibility granted by the gripping, walljumping, and dashing/dash resets.
The sections can get quite challenging but with frequent checkpoints.
The difficulty for levels and the environmental hazards and features scales well.
It controls more tightly and consistently than most platformers I feel, which means a lot when you need to do the crazy shit in some of the b sides.

Overall it's just enjoyable to play while providing as much challenge as you're willing to take on.

What are you talking about, the C-sides are short and sweet. It's the B-sides that are brutal in difficulty.

FUCK 6-B

everything

goty 2018

It's not innovative in the slightest.

Like ok it has very good controls and level design, but that's about it. It's a good game especially by indie standards but it absolutely did not deserve to be a game of the year nominee.

WHERE ARE THE NEW LEVELS

Attached: 1551115870112.png (288x288, 36K)

>aborting your black child
That's unironically based though

Spoken like a true pleb. What's it like not being able to disassociate from memes long enough to appreciate a simple and universal story that reflects the player's journey through the game? The platforming alone was pretty decent, buy it wouldn't have resonated nearly enough to leave an impression if it there was less focus on the story. It already takes a backseat to gameplay, but acts as a cohesive element between the artstyle and soundtrack, which lends a hand to the game as a piece of work and not just another platformer with a gimmick.

Indeed it was.

Attached: celeste.gif (194x296, 775K)

Sorry, but there are way too many platformers that I know are good enough to play from 2012ish that I haven't finished to even bother picking up a new one (plus all the classic ones from back in the day). What makes this one special?

Mate, the story was shitty journobait.
The fact that you think the game wouldn't be as compelling shows you think like a game journalist (and that is a bad thing)

Only trannies and onions addicted bug men like this trash.

I want to fuck madeline's baby!

Without the story, it would just be another platformer, of which there are plenty. Nothing about the game is special, and the only thing that sets it apart from the absurd amount of alternatives, of which many are more engaging from a gameplay perspective, is the story and how it works in cooperation with the soundtrack abs aesthetics to create a single piece of work. Not being able to recognize that means you have literally no idea what you're talking about, and most likely only enjoyed it because you think you're supposed to for whatever inane reasoning you have in your uncultured-ass robot brain.

>he played on assist mode
Kill yourself

It never does. It's just shitposting by retards.

Meatboy did it better years before and without being pretentious SJW bullshit.

I liked it but I still prefer IWBTG fangames over Celeste.

in that case, I have no reason to buy it. thanks for the information user.

>Nothing about the game is special
>the only thing that sets it apart is the story
Isn't that the most terrible sin a game can commit though? What's the point of it being a game then and not just a book or cartoon short or whatever?

Oh I can see that there was an attempt at a compelling aesthetic.
It was just basic unappealing shit.
Being easily impressed doen't make you cultured you dweeb.

Why do you guys like a 10 year old?

so is this game like n-ninja?

You DID complete summit B side, right Yea Forums?

Attached: 18F043CC-0D6B-4E9B-9B44-F1D462F12D27.jpg (662x381, 48K)

of course
it was easier than Reflection B desu

You don't, really. Especially if you just like platformers for what they are. Level design is pretty great, but there is plenty better out there. If you got a backlog you feel compelled to finish, this really is more of an experience than an actually challenging or groundbreaking game. The experience is great though, everything does come together nicely. But if that ain't your thing, it's just wasted time when you got other things you could be doing.

I don't think it is, at least specifically for genres that have been played out and optimized to the moon and back. When there isn't really room to innovate any more than minor gimmicks, which is what Celeste has in terms of gameplay, it's far more important that the rest of the game pulls it's weight to make the damn thing fun for the player. Celeste does that very well, despite being yet another 2D sidescrolling platformer.

I don't believe for a second you saw the connection between aesthetics and gameplay. I think you just watched everything you know about this game on YouTube and came to shitpost about it on Yea Forums. Give me a reason to believe otherwise, and maybe I'll take you seriously.

Man, that user was right when he said you think like a journo

You realize Madeline is an adult, right?

Slime san has better gameplay, a cool dev and no shitty regressive politics

She says she's legal but her design doesn't do her much justice when she looks like a loli.

Slime-San is kind of a pain to play with the slow-down gimmick that you have to use to get past barriers and stuff.

When your 2d platformers selling point is the story (and said story has the complexity worthy of an 8th grader), you're doing it wrong. 2d platformers should stand on gameplay and level design. Why would anyone with an IQ over 100 care for the story in a game when there are millions of books written by far better authors?

She looks cute because Madeline IS cute, but her method of dealing with the crippling hopelessness of life is to get drunk and get mad at people online. She's probably in her early to mid 20s.

prove it user.

I don't like the way that air dashing feels in this game, due to the "locked in" trajectory on start-up, and the lack of air control. Therefore, it's shit.

I only did up to golden tidge b side if that's the name of the level after hotel.
I'll get back to it after I finish Okami.

if this game didn't have trannies and faggets working on it i guarantee it would have not got overhyped and shilled by gaming tabloid trannies.

I don't know about that but I'm sure it wouldn't have been memed to death by you faggots at least.

This
It offered nothing remotely new and other games did mechanics better, years before. Only reason it got hyped was because of the devs being tranny degenerates who are in with the tranny journos

Except the selling point isn't the story, numbnuts. It's how the story, gameplay, OST, and aesthetics work as a single piece. They are all working together to deliver you a game, and it is through each moving part that they all work well. I don't really see how this is so difficult to understand, or why you people think that a defense for the story's place in the game means that the story is some superballs amazing story that is the only reason to play. You want a book? Read a fucking book. You want pure gameplay? Play something like Super Meatboy. For a bunch of fuckers that talk about IQ alot, it's a little ridiculous how one-dimensional you all seem to think.

>the only reason it got shit on*

I never knew about the abortion thing
Am I missing something?

No, it's a forced meme that has no basis in the game whatsoever

Yes, someone posted about the game having abortion themes in one of the first threads of the game here and it's a meme now.

MMMMMMMWWWWWPPPHHH STRAWBERRY

some "pokemon is actually satan" stuff to shitpost about the game
game is good, not grounbreaking by any means and the depression part is handled in a very cheesy way
if you're a platformercuck like me you'll like it, otherwise pass

Gesamtwerk is a nice concept you can learn about as an undergrad to feel smart, but unless you can demonstrate how every facet of the game connects to one another with concrete descriptive examples, you're just being a sophist.

I find that the music is effective in how it moves from moods of muted hope to anxious terror. The color palettes in the game are relentlessly playful and cheerful to my eyes, though a palette full of pastels could actually be interpreted as "washed out" and emotionally numb, while something with darker and richer hues could be interpreted as gloomy or menacing. There are some of these darker color moments, but overall, I don't feel like the colors or visual motifs are well connected to the narrative intent. If anything, the music coordinates with the narrative most effectively. The problem with the story, however, is that we get a lot of aimless neuroticism and depression without a depth of life experience to counteract Madeline's petulance. There isn't enough substance for me to feel like anything is being earned. The game is well-crafted, but masterfully cohesive? I don't think so.

*Gesamtkunstwerk excuse me

GO FINISH CHAPTER 9 MATT

I didn't understand what you said, but I'm finna making some GesamtkunsTWERK hot pants, and have them do their thang. Any objections? Possibly a photoshoot on Derrida's grave.