Bayonetta

How is DMC considered more complex than this series?

Attached: 81KL6iWLIuL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1074x1500, 258K)

In dmc all of your moves are available at the touch of a button, in bayonetta the vast majority are locked behind set combos.
The complexity of bayonetta is also rooted more in the enemies' design rather than the player's.
Gimmick sections and qtes also discourage replays so people are less interested in exploring its depth.

Attached: 78467876.png (480x420, 7K)

In DMC you can combine freely the 40 or so combat moves while in bayonetta you have to deal with dial combos, of course you have far more moves in bayo but you get less freedom to use them in whatever order you want.
And that's it, the rest is retards being retarded in a taiwanese image forum.

Attached: 1553282312901.jpg (250x300, 17K)

it's sony exclusive

Stringing up your own combos with a set of insane variety of moves is far more complex than using essentially Dial a combos that Bayo has.
Basically, Bayo requires memorization of the shitton of combos it has.
DMC asks you to make your own ones and use your own creativity to chain crazy combos.

I think Bayonetta's systems have the potential to be as complex as DMC but it leans too heavily into the dial-a-combos for wicked weaves. The score system is a lot more strict, which isn't inherently a bad thing but can put some limitations on your playstyle.

Because %99 of DMCfags are NPC cucks who think watching some guy do le JC counts as them playing the game

Been playing the OG Bayonetta on the Switch.
The combos are fucking shit, I hate the witch time and godfuckingdammit FUCK the QTEs.
Going from DMC5 into it is like apples and oranges, Jesus.

doesn't dmc have dial a combos as well? all combos require inputs

>Thinking people who say "dial-a-combo" know what they're talking about

post bayonettas

Like 3 or per character, or at very least Nero has.

Not really, no. Every weapon has like 3 basic combos that are done by varying the timing on your button presses, but beyond that you're expected to switch weapons or styles to keep the meter rising.

Yeah.
Triangle, Triangle, Triangle
or
Triangle, Triangle, wait one second, Triangle.

This is mostly true. However Bayonetta's complexity in moveset depends fairly heavily on weapon selection. Different weapons have different wicked weaves and charge inputs for instance that can change the properties of your attacks. 2 Does this fairly well, namely the dual swords creating powerful blades that pin the enemies in the air with its launch weaves, and the chainsaws salamandra functioning off of button releases as part of its combo strings.

>Chapter 5
>get stone rank

What the fuck, this shit just keeps going and going and going...
First there's le meme hardcore fag duo.
Then there's the snake's scripted chase.
Then there's the snake.
Then there's another snake.
Then there's Jeanne or whatever she's called.
Like, fuck.

Git Gud
Also normal mode is actually hard mode

Hey shitter

it's not that dmc focuses around doing combos with anything
it's that enemies are punching bags so you can do whatever the fuck you want with them since they don't mind

I really don't know how. I have no problem with most grunts, but by the time I reach Jeanne I always fuck up at the point were you both are in a tiny rock and have to resort to lollipops.

Not to mention that until this chapter I had no problem getting plats and golds to finish with Gold rank.
This chapter just goes on for way to long and I start to lose patient, I think.

pretty good first posts

No matter how good you are you'll get stone or bronze statues for every mission unless you autistically backtrack after every micro cutscene. Kamiya thought that it would be really really good if he just hid boss fights in areas the player just went through and then judged the mission score off of them all, meaning if you didn't find them you just get a fat 0 for that fight.
No surprise, really, since Kamiya also thought that busting up chairs to get a bunch of Red Orbs in DMC1 was a good idea too when it really was just a shitty way to pad the game.

itsuno > kamiya

Attached: SSSS.webm (711x400, 2.88M)

Kamiya is a loose cannon, give him too much freedom and he'll shove qtes and shmups into every inch of the game but restrain him and he won't get to add in awesome mechanics days before the game gets finished on a whim

Attached: 78678546848846.jpg (1632x1632, 780K)

>all those points apply to Kingdom Hearts
bruh

retard
biggest DMC combo; trianglex3, everything else is directional input and triangle
Bayonetta; PPPKK-P (6 presses), PPPKKK, PPKK-K and the list goes on and on
It might not seem big but makes a massive difference in gameplay feel.
It might not look huge but

ackshully the longest DMC combo is Danse Macabre which is a bunch of inputs but it's an exception

DMC is a lot about having individual tools in styles, devil arms, swords and guns that you rotate between and combine.
Bayonetta synthesizes all of those elements into single weapons and the limb you wear them with.

>boss gets one easily avoided attack off in 30 seconds
Woah... incredible.

Dial-a-combo is a meme. If you pick two distinct weapon sets Bayo has nearly as many instant moves as Dante plus a huge combo tree and enemies that actually fight back.

That is gorgeous artbook cover I have never seen before, wow
>inb4 new
Just thanking OP for posting it this time

what point is there to switching weapons
I don't like anything except the default pistols and I already have to memorize too much shit and deal with all the bullshit enemy patterns which just leads me to mashing dodge and hoping it actually resisters besides there's 5 enemies with unreactable moves attacking me at once