What's the vidya equivalent?

What's the vidya equivalent?

Attached: Neutral-Milk-Hotel.jpg (750x750, 232K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VXoajiCbrJk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>obscure
>severely overrated by those who know of it
stalker

>obscure
>something you can buy at any books a million across the country

>people think they are supposed to like it because Yea Forums told them its good, when in reality its actually trash
any of the dark souls games or bloodborne

>stalker
>obscure
What?

Yea Forums is not an accurate representation of the vidya community as a whole dumbfuck

What is the equivalent?
youtube.com/watch?v=VXoajiCbrJk

It's well known everywhere, not only on Yea Forums
Get out more

>people think they are supposed to like it because Yea Forums told them its good, when in reality its actually trash
it's not trash just because Yea Forums told you to like it
imho it is a 10/10 for me even if I'm sick of hearing about it
even if it's not particularly to your taste I don't see how you can really think it's trash unless you fell for the meme
same can be said for dark souls and bloodborne so I guess that's a good comparison

This

So is ITAOTS, but normies don't have a clue about either. They're well-known to people heavily invested in the hobby, but still unknown to the average normie who just consumes CoD and whatever flavor of the month battle royale is popular.

>but normies don't have a clue about either.
It's ranked as the 11th best album of all time on RYM.

NMH and Stalker aren't obscure lmao

Both are obscure to the general public but neither are obscure to anybody who's even dipped a toe into the communities surrounding them

Dwarf Fortress.

Pathalogic

Normies don't use RYM though, you fucking idiot.

it's well know because le cheeki breeki meme but barely anyone has played the fucking game.

>obscure

LMAO

>NMH
>Obscure
If you have literal boomer tastes, then maybe

Half of the top 10 on RYM is made up by Radiohead and Pink Floyd. It doesn't get much more normie than that.

>normies don’t have a clue about nmh
>ranked 10 on basically every music site
>mentioned in tv shows
>jeff magnum tour was sold out in many places
>has played at coachella and pitchfork festival for years

Try leaving your basement.

Something hipster, like mother, or fran bow.

>Radiohead and Pink Floyd. It doesn't get much more normie than that.
You're kidding. I'm not pretending either are obscure but there's definitely much more normalfag bands than that.

Normalfags don't use music sites to post their opinions. They were mentioned in Parks and Rec, one scriptwriter getting a line in about a band he likes doesn't mean they're the face of pop music. There's 100% a level of obscurity to them, most people you find on the street will not have heard of NMH.

The only album in RYM's top 20 that could be remotely considered obscure is Skinny Fists. The rest are all albums that pretty much anyone with even a surface level of music exposure has heard of. If your definition of normie is someone who only listens to top 40 pop, then sure, but overall RYM's top 100 is just the musical canon.

This argument is dumb. It's not just mainstream and obscure, there's layers to it. Almost no complete normalfags know about NMH, but indie fans and anyone 'alternative' will know of them, just like Radiohead and Muse and anything that's just barely out of the mainstream but otherwise super popular. NMH are very far from obscure, but not mainstream per se. Rock isn't even mainstream anymore.

Okay since you’re going to be a faggot about it than nothjng because normies only play fifa and nfl

I LOOOVEE YOUUU JESUS CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSTTTT

user, there is nothing obscure about ITAOTS.
And it deserves all the praise it gets.

What's the video games of Aero Plane over the Sea?

Riven: The Sequel to Myst

Fallout New Vegas
It's a somewhat mainstream game, with just enough depth and jank to scare off the absolute normie, that this board fucking loves.

>obscure

not even overrated, just universally excellent in it's genre and thus worthy of praise