The perfect JRPG doesn't exi-

The perfect JRPG doesn't exi-

Attached: 461281-622559.jpg (320x320, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9eO8Zb3aQbY
youtube.com/watch?v=EUHCVATvXes
lparchive.org/Golden-Sun/
youtube.com/watch?v=O7wIu0aDk5Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>simplistic combat
>atrocious level design
>atrocious writing
>path stories are completely separate (e.g. cutscenes don't even acknowledge party members
>perfect jrpg

Attached: 1538426112866.png (1024x663, 60K)

It's fun but not perfect.
I'm hoping it becomes a proper series and gets more sequels

>other main characters don't even matter in each others stories
And dropped, what were they thinking?

pretty sure it was just rushed out the gate
they were obviously selling it on the story, i doubt a single person who actually works on games actually thought having 8 side quests as the main story would be satisfying in the end
the 8 stories we got should have had more crossovers between characters, and then they should have made 80% more game once you have all 8 that changes depending on who you have in your party and what order you did the 8 intro arcs in

but all of that would have required time and effort, neither of which obviously went into this mediocre game

I think OP posted the wrong image.

Attached: hK92q3V.jpg (600x600, 174K)

Based af

Based and WiseOnepilled

Bravely Default was better.

Story and characters were complete garbage and story and characters are the most important aspects of a JRPG since the gameplay is always poorly made anyway in that genre.

I think the main thing Golden Sun got right was having the main magic/combat system interact with the world, it felt so natural even if you were only using a few
Most JRPGs have the combat system very cleanly compartmentalised from the actual world, it's painful seeing magic exist in a setting and then having its only use being turn based combat constantly reminding you that it's just a silly video game.
I cringe every time a character in a more generic JRPG game reference the name of combat spells in a context where it's obviously a spell name from a video game; "I'll just hit them with a Fire 2, it only costs 12 MP which is a thing!" and then once you leave the combat screen it goes back to being stats on a menu.
I won't pretend as though GS is the only game where you use magic to interact with the world, but in GS they melded them together in a way that felt like it belonged, like I was solving the rudimentary puzzles and overcoming obstacles in both the world and in combat using the same source of power.

I want someone to rip off the system and do it properly. Could you see a game with the scope of XBC with a magic system like Psynergy to unlock extra locations and go on side quests. GS was good, but it should have done much more with psynergy in the world and had more side quests because those were the parts that made it feel so great. Sailing around and doing all the optional content in TLA was dope.

At least SaGa games, which this giant meme game is a violent ripoff of, had the decency to acknowledge which party members were in your playthrough as you did the storyline.
This was just inexcusably poorly handled in a game whoring itself on the fact the character arks matter.

>Nincels play so few JRPGs that they think Octopath and Golden Sun are high tier
Same thing that happened with Tales of Symphonia is going to happen with Persona 5 when that comes to Switch.

>perfect
>JRPG
Pick one and only one. Also, have sex, you tasteless weeb.

I still don't understand why this game was so hyped up. It's one of the blandest JRPGs I've ever played.

it was advertised as 8 stories. 8 stories can exist without intertwining. Which they do at the very end

Game doesn't need to be a sweeping epic to be good.

Now I recognize a lot of writing styles in this thread, and I've argued with them before, so I don't think anything new is going to come about.

So lets discuss why Tressa is best girl and its Olberic's game

this was like a GTA game, where you just roam an open world to beat up people and steal their shit. I liked it for that, I'm not a fan of JRPG story faggotry anyway.

Attached: IMG_20180717_194904.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

Shut up the game is so trash. It's my own fault giving shitnix another chance though

>Which they do at the very end
The final boss of the game is fun but saying that the stories come together for that is a blatant lie. Yes there is a big bad everyone needs to fight together but it isn't a big story event or anything the game significantly builds up to. It's treated like an optional hard boss with some hints dropped throughout the game and instead of story you get some lore revelations explaining the world which is too bad since the lore couldn't be more generic.

accnt no. 0000017222070 can someone send me money.. i want to buy ps1

>pretty sure it was just rushed out the gate
That doesn't make any sense. If it was rushed, then I can undrstood if there were missing reactions, and party members would be inconsistently acknowledged/adressed in each other stories.

Instead, they are NEVER acknowledged/adressed, which means they obviously designed it that way deliberately from that start.

It was not rushed they just realized it will take actual effort since the stories intervening freely is a pretty complex system. So instead the gimmick became completely shallow and you played 8 shitty small JRPGs instead a single good one.

>i doubt a single person who actually works on games actually thought having 8 side quests as the main story would be satisfying in the end
But Live a Live exists and everyone loves it.

every party member is optional and they couldn't figure out a way to have the story change depending on who you have with you

Are you implying? This level design is literally the best possible.

>But Live a Live exists and everyone loves it.
Live a Live had a different setting, different gimmicks and adjusted gameplay for each of the characters and the story did actually come together. And the characters didn't interact all the time in the gameplay only to never interact in the story part.

Comparing garbage like Ocotopath to Live a Live is bait.

GAMEplay is the single most important aspect of a video GAME, and that is where Octopath successes and stands out. The average JRPG focuses on the same "teenagers beat up evil god and save the world" bullshit story, while Octopath is a breath of fresh new air and put a bigger emphasis on actually enjoyable gameplay, a great battle system, semi-open world and actually useful NPCs that have a reason to be interacted with. Also, shit like "the stories don't connect" is blatant misinformation and "grindy" is a shitter complain.

Cope.

I remember a thread the other day asking "why don't devs make a game with a single town and a lot of depth instead of always doing massive worlds that are very shallow" and your response is exactly the reason why. Any time devs experiment with something smaller scale and different from "big, epic, intertwining, world saving adventures" people fucking throw a bitch fit and hate on it. Hell, it took Majora's Mask years to get the representation it deserved for it's smaller scale world and more focused, personal story.

The problem isn't that Octopath's stories weren't 'epic' enough, it's that they're bland as shit. Small scale stories are fine, but you need to actually make them interesting.

No one plays JRPGs for gameplay alone because JRPGs have poor as fuck gameplay compared to every other genre.

You still fight 90% of the game against random mobs where you just press one button to win and that are only there to steal your time. Octopath Traveler has random encounters for fucks sake, the most braindead game mechanic there ever was and that countless JRPGs before it stopped doing because it's fucking retarded.

In what other genre do you walk 4 steps just to be interrupted by an easy battle where you just need to press one button to win and this for hours throughout the game? I'm fucking getting pissed that the most fundamental flaw of the genre still exists to this extent.

Is it worth picking up Yea Forums?

Why is generic bad. Perhaps it's the norm because everyone likes it

try the demo first
it turned off many many people, but I was convinced right there that I need to play it all

Attached: IMG_20180717_235405.jpg (1280x720, 143K)

Yes

Generic is bad because hopefully we both are not casuals that only play one game a year. If you play a lot of games you can appreciate something truly unique and well made that much more while you develop an eye for lazy generic writing that is just boring at this point.

>It was not rushed they just realized it will take actual effort since the stories intervening freely is a pretty complex system.

What complex system? Every RPG in existence has your party members acknowledged by the story, even rpgs that are much more non-linear than Octopath and where you can kill/ditch your party members at any time.

>Any time devs experiment with something smaller scale and different from "big, epic, intertwining, world saving adventures" people fucking throw a bitch fit and hate on it.

Attached: 11e.jpg (448x419, 31K)

What you suggest is that party members just drop a line here and there but what I suggest is that party members actively play a role in the story of other characters which can become extremely complex to do, especially because you can acquire party members however you want and even skip them entirely.

>path stories are completely separate (e.g. cutscenes don't even acknowledge party members
This is how you spot people that didn't play the game, since characters are constantly talking with each other, commenting things that are happening in the story.
Sure, the cutscenes about a single character only shows that character, but otherwise there's a lot of interaction with them and it's super fun to see what a priest would talk about with a thief or a scholar.

>it isn't a big story event or anything the game significantly builds up to

The major "hints" dropped throughout the game are the build ups.

>and it's probably something you just bought from the weapon store
God just the thought of that pisses me the fuck off
They should make chests like those at least scale for fuck's sake

>Nincels play so few JRPGs
OH NO.
NO.
NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: looks like a nintendo franchise.jpg (1464x1132, 784K)

Good music and pixel art
Average combat (for a JRPG)
Bad everything else

god no

I think the marketing and price point were just mismanaged. If it had been a $40 game that wasn't marketed as the next big Switch release people would have had different expectations for it. Honestly I probably wouldn't have bought if that were the case so I guess they were proven right.

Therion was my boy. Stealing things from people was probably the most enjoyable part of the game. His story was arguably the best too, in a sea of uninteresting melodrama

Yeah I already said that. It still isn't a story arc you play, you just go to slay the big evil. The party members don't even interact with each other in the final part where all of them are required. Octopath Traveler is a fucking joke.

agreed, love the fucker and his cheeky as hell mentor. Had that Lupin vibe.
Plus, Therion was amazingly good looking in all his outfits, especially runelord.

>cult classic that any normie gamer wouldn't recognize in the slightest, literally a niche game.

>No one plays JRPGs for gameplay alone

Attached: EOV_Cover_final.jpg (1500x1398, 641K)

This is honestly what I was expecting. Think there was a part in the stripper's story where she gets stabbed in the back after a boss fight and the guy just laughs and walks away while minutes ago I just fought him with a full fucking party. Tell me that shit isn't jarring

I noticed this immediately, really killed my immersion. I think the combat is OK, but it's basically BD so why don't I just fucking play that game against instead? Also BD does multiclassing way better.

I'd rather have 1 good story than 8 mediocre ones.

How the fuck do you hate random encounters? Open world games have been trying for years to try to get true random encounters back into their games because it turns out predetermined non-randomized encounters either have a known solution and are trivial chores or have no known solution and are walls until a solution is determined, where they immediately become trivial.

It's really funny because people that play Etrian Odyssey usually avoid dungeon crawlers that don't feature cutesy anime characters.

The characters and anime aesthetics are really important for Etrian Odyssey but I give it to you that people mainly play it for gameplay. But strictly speaking it's a dungeon crawler anyway and not the usual traditional JRPG, if we lose that distinction we might as well drop SRPGs or Dark Souls which both can be loosely named JRPGs because they are RPGs made in japan.

>named JRPGs because they are RPGs made in japan.
That is literally the only requirement

>It's really funny because people that play Etrian Odyssey usually avoid dungeon crawlers that don't feature cutesy anime characters.
no, they avoid all dungeon crawlers that aren't EO. patrician EO players spit down on vitaRPG-fags just as much as they spit down on western-dungeoncrawlfags, because both styles are casual garbage with boring encounters that dont OTK your party in the tutorial level

Everyone hates random encounters in turn based games. In some open world game I can just run ignore enemies, if I don't want to engage in a fight I can just move on without interruption. But in a JRPG I walk 3 steps and get interrupted, get loaded into a battle screen, press one button and win and get into the results screen. it's awful, no one likes this. You must be really retarded to enjoy it and almost every modern JRPG getting released doesn't have random encounters anymore. Even Dragon Quest for fucks sake, the most traditional JRPG series doesn't feature it anymore for good reasons.

>you can acquire party members however you want and even skip them entirely
This is such a lame excuse. You don't gain anything by ignoring party members. The game doesn't do anything unique if you decide to do it with only 4 instead of all 8. Ignoring the fact that other JRPGs have done optional party members better, it still would be significantly improved if it just made you gather all 8 of them and then had them speak to each other like human beings for the remainder of the game.

I still meant traditional JRPGs. Don't make this a generic Yea Forums argument where you nitpick my words to derail the original discussion.

>get loaded into a battle screen, press one button and win and get into the results screen
this is an entry-level JRPG problem. if you stopped playing excusively later entries in the FF series and neptunia games you would stop having this issue

Not even close. Story and characters are utterly boring. If the combat wasn't so flashy and fun and easy to break the game would be worthless, and this is coming from someone who bought it on day one. I enjoyed it a lot but it needed more time in the oven.

Learn some reading comprehension. I'm actively shitting on Octopath Traveler too.

There are traditional jrpgs (whatever the fuck that means) that people play mostly for the gameplay too.

Attached: 51JWV2cAp7L.jpg (500x275, 36K)

Final Fantasy only really took off with FF6, a game featuring a lot of decent characters and story and is especially praised and remembered for them.

>ff6
madotsuki puking.jpg

FF5 is the worst selling Final Fantasy for a reason.

>Final Fantasy only really took off with FF6, a game featuring a lot of decent characters and story and is especially praised and remembered for them.
I never understood why it got such praise. The writing in FF6 is awful.

Attached: 1836721543.jpg (2000x1616, 791K)

>WRPGfaggot is back
Every fucking time

I'd much rather replay 5 than 6

I rather play a decent game than replay any JRPG at all.

Explain why 6 also has less sales than 4, then?

based and djinnpilled

Wrong image. Sorry.

Attached: 11c1e78e0d2c600c7376b2[1].jpg (740x1048, 153K)

4 is also a story and character focused game, what is your point?

>thing that happened with Tales of Symphonia
???

For me Tressa is best because of her ridiculous Runelord strength. 40k wind damage per basic attack makes the whole game ez mode

Baby's first Tales games when it's extremely mediocre.
The earlier Tales games were better and hell the later ones are much better too.

FPBP!!

>filename
>that crop job
at least put effort into your bait
Alfyn is best boy

Tales series has a lot of flops, and where a title like ToS that did everything it needed to and nothing more would be middle tier in most game series, being not only the first competent 3D tales game but the best one since Phantasia (maybe Destiny if you are a Destinyfag) puts it at a high mark in the series and easily allows it to crack the top tier, even if it don't hold up well to later titles like Abyss and Vesperia.

Patrician taste

>Walk around
>Battle starts from nowhere

This shit pisses me off. How hard is it to have over world sprites of enemies. Game was 8/10 for me though.

Eternia was better than Symphonia. Symphonia is just too clunky and filled with padded filler.

>Boring Travelers
>gameplay
Go play Golden Sun if you want to see what real gameplay in a 2D jrpg is.

>Persona 5 when that comes to Switch
OH NO NO NO

BASED

Attached: 14564564654889.gif (700x500, 218K)

Even a short ass demo meme game like Deltarune has more variation based on your actions. In Octopath, Tressa will say she's all alone when she runs into the pirates even though Cyrus, who simply disappears in the cutscene, was right there in the party in my playthrough. It's like the entire thing was written with horse blinders.

I've only played Eternia, Symphonia, and Abyss, and I liked Symphonia the most. And no, it's not my first Tales, I've only played it last year.

Souless cash grab
The graphics and some of the music are nice though

Octopath missed the point of what made older JRPGs so great. One of the most bland JRPGs I've ever touched.

Attached: albert-odyssey-legend-of-eldean.png (987x555, 874K)

Literally better level design than any game that has you traverse a labyrinth plagued with random encounters until you finally guess the correct way (and probably miss treasures along the way) and are weak as shit and the last save point was at the halfway point or entrance.

>no one plays JRPGs for gameplay alone

Attached: 555CFCF2-C355-46C0-BF21-60323C99C730.jpg (2131x3000, 2.65M)

And this is supposed to prove your point how, exactly?

It had a really good soundtrack
The snow areas were some of the comfiest zones in any game I've played

youtube.com/watch?v=9eO8Zb3aQbY

youtube.com/watch?v=EUHCVATvXes

Remove the story, characters, artstyle and music and see how many people are going to play this.

I'd play it. TWEWY was really fucking fun.

>goalpost moving
Even then, TWEWY’s dual screen gameplay is fun as fuck.

you can say that for 90% of popular JRPGs in general.

Octopath is great because it focus on the boss battles and battle system instead of pussy "save the world" story bullshit.

based post, telling it like it is

Attached: 1556632918027.jpg (613x468, 50K)

Octopath Traveler is garbage but it would have been passable with better story and the characters actually interacting. At least the music is good.

Explain how the gameplay of Octopath is garbage and how the negatives outweighs the positives, without saying stuff that applies to 99% of JRPGs in general.

You literally posted two of the most generic, soulless, and terrible JRPGs out there.

>remove everything

I think it's a whole. The soundtrack was very good, the world building and plot were nice, most of the party has good screentime, and Kefka was a main antagonist that you saw grow in parallel to you.

you posted the wrong one OP

Attached: Dark_Chronicle_Coverart.png (256x363, 194K)

1. You need to play the game completely linearly if you don't want to be over leveled for bosses.
2. Extremely repetitive (do story that is absolute garbage, go into dungeon and fight boss)
3. The game is easy as shit anyway with the only bosses that need real strategy are the bosses guarding the advanced job classes and the final boss.
4. Laziest class system I have ever seen where everyone can become anything without needing to fulfill any requirements. Which also kills character uniqueness.

And that's not even covering the extreme flaws because it's muh "traditional JRPG homage" game or that the gimmick with the 8 characters is complete ass and wasted potential.

Are you kidding me? It never fails to put me to sleep

Man, I love SMT. Been playing through Strange Journey Redux and having a blast.

Attached: A53F5BAB-65CD-4957-B607-ED5BFE527BB0.png (973x1372, 176K)

You win.

DELET

Attached: F1E30D9B-F5D3-4043-9F24-80B7ABE78C3B.jpg (640x360, 176K)

he said "gameplay alone" stupid

Judging by the character descriptions i expect Cyrus to be the best boy
Am i right?

How is it goalpost moving? I'm not even the original guy but that guy directly quoted
>no one plays JRPGs for gameplay alone
And posted a game that is praised for all those non gameplay aspects since SURPRISE no one would bother to play it for the gameplay alone.

Is that the Euro name for it? I’ve only ever seen it as Dark Cloud 2

I’ve seen people on Yea Forums that loved TWEWY just for the combat, you’re clearly retarded. Have you actually played it?

Imagine thinking that's bad design, holy shit.
Go back to your one-corridor "dungeons" in Skyrim.

>You need to play the game completely linearly if you don't want to be over leveled for bosses.

No, the opposite is true, if you just immediately go from boss to boss without fighting mobs and exploring you'll be underleveled if not severely. Did you even play the game?

>Extremely repetitive

Way to make it as if the whole game is repetitive then clarify it's only one aspect/part of the game.

> The game is easy as shit anyway with the only bosses that need real strategy are the bosses guarding the advanced job classes and the final boss.

If Octopath is "easy as shit" then other games like Final fantasy are braindead in comparison.

>everyone can become anything without needing to fulfill any requirements. Which also kills character uniqueness.

You really didn't play the game, huh? Every character has his/her own unique ability, for example Ophilia can summon NPCs for assistance in battle and H'aanit has Pokemon. Characters with sub-job also need to grind points to unlock skills and shit on sub-jobs.

You're so fucking ignorant about the game I can almost prove you didn't even play it. Other than the enter town > dungeon > boss loop, the two biggest problems with the game is some of the side quests being vague as fuck to the point of being nearly impossible to figure out without google, and the final boss dungeon not having checkpoints. But of course you know nothing about those two things because they both happen in the late/end game and you didn't actually play the game until that point, not even close.

The gameplay is passable but it's not something like Dwarf Fortress where people actually and undeniably play it just for the gameplay. 99% of people playing TWEWY play it for the whole experience and not just to experience the gameplay.

Not a single actual point, reddit spacing and just 10 times "you didn't play the game". Yeah, gonna avoid talking further with a shitposter that only wants to win internet arguments.

>he says when there are people in TWEWY threads who post about their favorite pins to use in combat
>when there’s people who disliked the artstyle and music but still generally liked the gameplay
>when there’s literally nothing else that plays like TWEWY
Yep, you’re retarded.

Attached: 1510674091061.png (657x539, 111K)

you going to play that game with a punch of stick figures slapping each other on a piece of flat paper? no? thought so, videogames are more than JUST gameplay

When you make up shit about a game, you're going to be accused of never playing it. Get used to it, retard.

Literally who thinks this game is perfect? It's the Bravely series except severely watered down.

>b-but people talk about the gameplay
Are you for real? You realize even on Yea Forums people talked about how great the music was more than anything else? How they enjoyed the characters, artstyle and the story immensely?

It's not something like Henry Hatsworth that is literally only remembered because of the gameplay. It's remembered because it all comes together. Fucking denying that the whole package sucks people in is the most retarded thing I have ever read.

>Was really excited for Octopath when it was announced because it seemed like more of what Bravely Default was doing
>Finally picked it up last year alongside Dragon Quest 11
>Play Octopath for about 15 hours before getting bored of the lack of story or character interaction
>End up playing through Dragon Quest 11 twice
I just wanted more Bravely Default, but that isn't what Squenix provided. What they provided was BD combat and nothing else that made those games enjoyable. Even the soundtrack is weaker compared to BD.

Attached: 1513565759297.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

I really want those devs to make Way of the Samurai 5 already. With an actual budget this time, I know that they're not completely dirt poor now like they used to be.

If that’s the case, then why would they bitch about the mobile and Switch ports if the gameplay didn’t mean a thing? And again, I’ve still seen people on Yea Forums who hated the game for the art style, music, and story yet still generally enjoy the gameplay a lot simply because no other game plays like it.

NEVER EVER

it hurts

Attached: screen-shot-2018-03-08-at-24144-pm-2-1520550781828_1280w.png (1280x721, 559K)

Was there a version of the game that removed the story, characters, artstyle and music that you're referring to or something

EO is for fanfic autists who like to make their own stories though. Having essentially no story or party interaction is still better than what Octopath Traveler did because it's at least committing all the way in one direction. Octopath tries to have a story and characters but does it horribly and just enough that there's no room for you fabricate your own writing in your head.

Correct.

Attached: 1531636941934.jpg (1280x720, 231K)

Attached: Yuuki.Makoto.(PERSONA.3).full.206780.jpg (750x750, 134K)

>ACfag is here
Goddammit

>If that’s the case, then why would they bitch about the mobile and Switch ports if the gameplay didn’t mean a thing
But people on here still played the switch port and enjoyed it despite the awful control scheme so you're just proving me right.

Explain the review scores compared to the DS version and people bitching about it, then.

It was worse than the DS version what's there to explain. Now explain why people still played the Switch version despite the gameplay being much worse. Surely it couldn't be because of the story, characters or music? Surely they didn't enjoy bad gameplay because the other aspects somehow enhanced the game and made it worthwhile to play?

fpbp

>Flopped so hard they had to port it to PC to recoup
JUST

If that’s the case, then I wouldn’t have seen people drop the Switch version and go straight for the OG DS. Also
>TWEWY’s gameplay
>bad

It's ACfag don't even bother

The gameplay of the Switch version surely was bad. I have seen people literally go trough the game playing two player mode alone just to somehow keep playing the shitty switch version.

>flop
>sold over a million copies in just one month
What did he mean by this?

quien es Acfag

Who is ACfag

I still like the style and atmosphere of the game, but the completely separate characters feels like a missed opportunity that kind of defeats the point of having it be about a diverse ensemble cast coming together in the first place.

Yeah, compared to the DS version, dumbass.

Attached: cbf.gif (250x333, 1.1M)

Okay, but there are no interaction or acknowledgement of the party during the cutscenes, which makes everything awkward and soulless.

See
I was solely talking about traditional turn based JRPGs.

>get proven wrong
>th-th-that doesn't count!

The control scheme was so shit that it was bad either way on the switch. You need some serious dedication to go trough that bullshit.

Not him but ACfag is this huge autist who constantly spergs our over “movie games” (which means just about any game with a cutscene according to him) and insists that games like DMC and Bayonetta are movie games too. Also has a huge obsession with Armored Core and Dwarf Fortress as well.

Yeah, which is why people recommend the DS version over it.

I'm not even that other guy you're having an embarrassing Yea Forums argument with where you both have completely lost sights of the original point and just try to nitpick your eyes out. I never even said gameplay was not important just that poor games like traditional JRPGs have greater need of an interesting story and characters than other genres.

You niggers need to just play TO: LUCT with one vision mod literally best game SRPG in existence.
The writing has more wit and story than most dogshit things released over ten years later.

It's slow as shit. I can't play slow ass srpgs any longer after playing Disgaea and Fire Emblem.

I mean, yes, games like DMC and Bayo are 70 percent spectacle and 30 percent gameplay. You do fights because pulling of sick combos cool and they give you nice visual and audio feedback much more than you do fights because beating the enemy is a satisfying challenge.

Based

And lo and behold. His autism in action.

Just speed that shit up with the emu makes combat funny when shit just constantly dies every 4 seconds when having the AI do the combat for you, which I wished more SRPGs had even if they are sometimes retarded.

>dungeons that actually feel like dungeons are bad
It's supposed to be an endurance test. You should feel like you barely made it to the save point in any dungeon.

I have seen this meme several times where people are pushing the Yea Forums is one person shit. We had like 10 games this year alone where people gave a collective name to anyone disliking the game. Yea Forums is literally dying with the way discussion always manages to get even worse.

I'm still stunned that fucking Square made such a dollar store looking game and sold it for full price.

Graphics were poor indie tier, music was serviceable, gameplay was basic as fuck and worse than Bravely and the stories were nothing special.

Not even the best JRPG on Switch

Attached: 91wNIWTgjfL._SY445_.jpg (275x445, 40K)

>meme
>when the guy is literally right here in the thread

it may not be wrong though, considering that I've seen that name thrown several times before, typically at posts with a certain writing style and arguments

behold

Even if you were right, go fuck yourself with ruining the anonymous aspect of this site. How about we get nicknames for everyone so that we finally can start to judge people by their entire portfolio like resetera does instead post by post like it should be.

I am not he. I also don't think spectacle in games is necessarily a bad thing. In fact, the JRPG genre itself can be somewhat categorized in terms of each game's ratio of spectacle and gameplay, with games like KH on one end where the game clearly exists only as a vehicle to tell the story, where spells exist to have cool animations and their combat use is a secondary concern, and so on, while games like DCStoneSoup on the other where the spectacle is basically nonexistent and the game is just numbers autism boiled down to its purest form

lparchive.org/Golden-Sun/

Golden Sun fags and their shitty writing got btfo a long time ago

nothing on lparchive should be taken as a serious critique. otherwise you would find that FE1 might have one of the greatest character rosters in the history of gaming.

all me btw

He makes the exact same arguments and responses every. fucking. time. You'd have to be blind to not see it.

youtube.com/watch?v=O7wIu0aDk5Q kino
all pretty based desu

Attached: 1535411090372.png (332x332, 148K)

I had the opposite reaction. I accepted OT despite its numerous flaws for providing (mildly) fresh gameplay and free-form exploration in a landscape of bland turn-based JRPGs while DQXI turned me off extremely quickly for being an inferior rehash of better crafted previous titles with linear to the pain plotlines. You guys think OT had bad level design? Way better than what DQXI put on the table.

Attached: DQ11 level design.jpg (1275x1032, 400K)

How come no one on this board has any fucking taste? You always post the same recently released popular shit as if all your choices are made for you as soon as the Ad comes up.

Literally any Disgaea game is better than this tripe. Live a Live makes this looks like dog poop. But because it's on the switch it's suddenly amazing ? Fuck you.

Based.