Here's your fighter pass bros

Here's your fighter pass bros.

Attached: Smash_Fighter_Pass.jpg (1280x720, 544K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yQ0iTDafXuM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=AvVsyD6lTJQ
newzoo.com/insights/articles/a-look-at-how-nintendos-mobile-strategy-has-evolved-since-2016/
youtube.com/watch?v=9hJzkAJeJlA
youtube.com/watch?v=k_lgXlNVkBo
youtu.be/q-V8htEtAYI)
nintendoeverything.com/yakuza-series-producer-says-switch-ports-havent-been-considered-for-now-characters-unlikely-for-smash-bros/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Kay

Yikes

>veron*ca

Attached: 9.jpg (552x310, 18K)

3 fifths are cringe

Heck, I'd be happy with klonoa's hat for miis

Laharl, Beat/Gum, Octolings and Porky.
Anyone who unironically wants another Fire Emblem character deserves to be slapped.

Attached: 1.png (500x813, 366K)

Why do these threads always have the most abysmal taste?

>E*r

Attached: Veronica_(you).png (579x470, 390K)

its funny to see FEtards break the "protagonists only!" rule the second it becomes convenient. Same thing happened for Black Knight, Tiki, Anna, and now Edelgourd.

>F*re Emblem

Attached: Repulsed.png (179x201, 57K)

HEROES

I'd be happy to have a protagonist so long as they actually can do something unique

Attached: Best_friend_Sharena.png (739x553, 745K)

youtube.com/watch?v=yQ0iTDafXuM

You'll see FEfags argue against adding anymore Zelda characters, because only the three main characters matter when they have several side characters from the same game and lack any sorta face to their franchise.

>In
>Pretty descent pick
>Niche pick but good
>Just niche
>FE gachashit mobile trash

Pretty disgusting overall

he's in

Attached: 1549491453592.jpg (1199x659, 56K)

Attached: fighterpassall.png (1400x2084, 1.07M)

yeah, I agree
who the FUCK even is Klonoa and where did this furry cult for him come from?

No one argues AGAINST more Zelda characters. We argue why comparing Zelda to FE isn't one to one. And it's not because every FE character that has been added is the MC of their game. Zelda has 3 main characters who almost always appear. And in terms of Heroes Veronica is the main antagonist of Book 1 and the most popular Heroes OC so her inclusion makes sense.

No
Western
IPs
In
Smash

When will Game Freak right the wrong the clearly regret and add her to the game?

Attached: Angry_Primarina.jpg (1200x900, 459K)

Other than Magolor, Chocobo, JF, Slime, Klonoa, and Raiden everyone else on this list falls under literal who tier

Redpill me on Kiryu

>doomguy parody
>tails parody
>shantae parody
>bravery default parody

>shit emblem
Die

Attached: My Smash Fighter Pass.png (1822x706, 1.52M)

Fuck you

Not a single shit emblem character inclusion makes sense, especially not from gacha trash

>nights
Great pick. Never thought of it

Attached: smash_wishlist.jpg (1822x706, 716K)

>Marth: First lord in the franchise
>Roy: Character to advertise upcoming game
>Ike: Character from recent game
>Robin: Character from most recent game
>Lucina: Character from most recent game, easy clone
>Corrin: Character from most recent game
>Chrom: Fan favorite, easy clone
???

Majora's Mask and Pig Ganon by themselves are more well known and iconic than everything from FE combined.

Fighter pass is

Joker
Banjo
Erdrick
Doom guy
Chosen undead

They're all from companies and IP's nintendo approached to flesh out the switch's 3rd party lineup.

what even is Xenosaga

>Being from a recent or upcoming game is the only criteria necessary for making the roster

Zoomzoom

Yes, yes it is.Smash has been and advertisement for years.

>Agumon

Attached: uh.png (649x668, 406K)

You guys said that Ridley and K. Rool weren't "important" enough for years but when it's a FE character being one antagonist from a mobile spinoff game suddenly means you're as important as Mario.

It's only been an "advertisement" for FE characters because Sakurai needed an excuse to shove in as many as possible.

Roy and Corrin are the only two characters to appear in Smash before their own games fully released, this isn't a coincidence.

To be fair sakurai thought corrin was a bad idea

>You guys said that Ridley and K. Rool weren't "important"
For one, I have never seen anyone who supports FE say shit about Ridley or K.Rool

Two, no one said Ridley wasn't important, it has always been his size and the fact that Sakurai has said he wouldn't work.

K.Rool literally isn't important because he hadn't seen a role in a game in years. At least FEH is still going on and Veronica is popular and present in the game.

>means you're as important as Mario.
Can people stop saying this shit? Being in Smash doesn't not require being on the same level as Mario.

elite smash is fucking cancer as fuck. just fucking links and corrins and shit. and i still fuck them up with sonic, but its not fun

The Virgin Pass
>"NOOOOOO... That character isn't RELEVANT OR ICONIC ENOUGH!!!"
>bandwagoner, doesn't personally want the character's he shilling

The Chad Pack
>*wills his literally who childhood heroes into Smash by his sheer charisma alone*
>sacrificed his life to get his literal who Jap-only SNES protagonist into Smash, but was too chad to actually die

Attached: chad.jpg (801x1000, 89K)

>It's only been an "advertisement" for FE characters
We gonna forget that Smash 4 literally told you the most recent title that each character appeared in?

No he fucking didn't.

>"B-B-B-B-B-BUT IS FORCED HIM TO!!!!"

Why does IS have any power over Smash? Remember how Sakurai said that he wouldn't include Pacman if he was forced to use the new design? How did intelligent systems have more power over namco in a namco developed game?

Also Corrin got a new victory theme in Ultimate, proving that Sakurai added them because he wanted to rather than out of obligation.

This man gets it

Based fuckin kiryubro

He has multiple fighting styles he can switch between in the game that could translate well into smash, having some sort of shulk mechanic of switching styles but making it permanent possibly, as the styles range from brawler heavy attacking style, rush fast light hits and faster dodging, and beast which is more of a grappler style. He has heat moves which add variety to his attacks that could be added if people want yet another gauge character, yakuza has absolutely god tier music, and he has a ton of outfits they could use as alts
m.youtube.com/watch?v=AvVsyD6lTJQ If you wanna see the heat moves

Attached: 1E17440C-5C98-4DFF-83E6-E677B38312D3.gif (500x281, 1.37M)

>For one, I have never seen anyone who supports FE say shit about Ridley or K.Rool

Almost all of the Corrin apologism was "lul salty krool/ridley fag"

>K.Rool literally isn't important because he hadn't seen a role in a game in years

"YO BLACK KNIGHT WOULD BE SOOOOO SICK!!!!!!"

>At least FEH is still going on and Veronica is popular and present in the game.

"popularity only matters when it's an FE game even though it's a shitty spinoff!"

>Can people stop saying this shit? Being in Smash doesn't not require being on the same level as Mario.

You basically have to if you come from a game that isn't FE or Uprising.

based

Attached: The Virgin Roster.png (1822x706, 642K)

Ah yes, showing characters in games that came out literal years ago is peak advertisement...

Attached: The Chad Pack.png (1822x704, 1.06M)

Smash 4 didn't have any recent characters

>Almost all of the Corrin apologism was "lul salty krool/ridley fag"
No it wasn't.

>"YO BLACK KNIGHT WOULD BE SOOOOO SICK!!!!!!"
I don't want Black Knight

>"popularity only matters when it's an FE game even though it's a shitty spinoff!"
Popularity and relevance

>You basically have to if you come from a game that isn't FE or Uprising.
A bulk of the roster is made up of characters that don't match Mario in terms of notoriety.

I wish this was the Fighter Pass bro, I really do. But, Wonder Red is a spirit

Attached: fighterspassrealistic.png (1540x431, 1.18M)

Attached: F01E405B-771B-4709-AEFB-5DFFA99C8E61.jpg (960x539, 135K)

>Advertising the most recent games in one of the biggest Nintendo games isn't advertisment just because they are kind of old.
Advertisment is still advertisement so long as they can make money.

>crash and kiryu
based

>No it wasn't.

Yes it was.

>I don't want Black Knight

Nobody complained about "muh relevancy" when Black Knight was speculated for Ultimate

>Popularity and relevance

""""""""popularity"""""""""""

>b-b-b-but she got like 11th place in this heroes poll!

"relevance"

>this character is a good choice for smash unless they're over a week old

>A bulk of the roster is made up of characters that don't match Mario in terms of notoriety.

And those characters are only one or two at the most in their series.

And that constitutes advertisement?

i would put Dante instead of Travis, but still pretty damn good

It's representing the most recent aspects of the series, which happens for every franchise with the exception of Kirby.

How old does it have to be before it stops being "advertising"?

>Yes it was.
Citation needed

>Nobody complained about "muh relevancy" when Black Knight was speculated for Ultimate
Plenty of people called bulllshit on it because it made no sense to add him.

>""""""""popularity"""""""""""
Not every character in Smash is or is going to be popular with the general public. Veronica is at least popular with the people who play FEH, which is a lot of people.

>"relevance"
She got second place

>And those characters are only one or two at the most in their series.
That doesn't change the fact that none of them are Mario tier. If we were adding only Mario level characters that would cut the roster by like a third.

Attached: Veronica_slayer_of_thots.jpg (820x700, 131K)

>How old does it have to be before it stops being "advertising"?
Old enough to where they won't make any money off of sales of it.

Unironically chad as fuck

>Citation needed

Literally the only defense that Corrin apologists have was "le epic salt" because they had no other arguments. The facts weren't on their side.

>Plenty of people called bulllshit on it because it made no sense to add him.

Citation needed.

>Not every character in Smash is or is going to be popular with the general public.

That doesn't seem to bother people that want FE characters, seeing that they literally never show up in most requested character polls.

> Veronica is at least popular with the people who play FEH, which is a lot of people.

"a lot" lmaoooooo

>She got second place

"I got second place in this race for people who can only move an inch every 3 hours so I'm fast"

>That doesn't change the fact that none of them are Mario tier. If we were adding only Mario level characters that would cut the roster by like a third.

You have to be Mario tier, or at least extremely close to get the amount of characters FE does.

Show me data that shows surges of sales for years old games because they had a character reveal for Smash. By this logic Uprising would be the best selling game on 3DS with how much Smash 4 shoves it in your face.

>Show me data that shows surges of sales for years old games because they had a character reveal for Smash.
Something doesn't have to have a "surge in sales" to be an advertisement. Advertisement is defined as a notice or announcement in a public medium promoting a product, service, or event or publicizing a job vacancy.

Advertisement is a part of it, but for the most part it's not the main focus. It's only with the Fire Emblem cast, the Pokémon cast, and a handful of others that the main focus is on shilling their most recent games.

Nintendo's marketers decided that there needs to be a female character in the DLC for reasons and ask you who to add.

They gotta be a fully female character, not a protagonist with two gender options. And they gotta be able to be marketed or Nintendo won't go for it.

Attached: 1533699244228.jpg (480x360, 29K)

>Literally the only defense that Corrin apologists have was "le epic salt" because they had no other arguments. The facts weren't on their side.
And that doesn't inherently have anything to do with K. Rool

>That doesn't seem to bother people that want FE characters, seeing that they literally never show up in most requested character polls.
Alright? And?

>"a lot" lmaoooooo
FEH has an install base in the millions, and I mean like 10 million

>"I got second place in this race for people who can only move an inch every 3 hours so I'm fast"
See the above

>You have to be Mario tier, or at least extremely close to get the amount of characters FE does.
Please put the goal post back where you found it.

Exactly, most of the games "advertised" in Smash were already done with 99% of their sales.

>And that doesn't inherently have anything to do with K. Rool

Like with every controversial pick, there's always "salty x fag kek" posts.

>Alright? And?

Ah, so popularity suddenly doesn't matter again.

>FEH has an install base in the millions, and I mean like 10 million

Most of those were people who downloaded it, played it once, and never again. How many still actively play?

>Please put the goal post back where you found it.

You first.

That doesn't change the fact that it's an advertisement. Again, advertising does not equal massive sales.

>female character
>marketed
kos-mos's breasts
2b's ass

Morrigan
Imagine the Amiibo sales

It's representing, not advertising. That's like saying a museum is advertising whatever area the things inside it are from.

Attached: Smash Fighter Pass.png (1024x397, 526K)

>Morrigan vs Bayonetta lewds
I can dig it.

Attached: 17f.jpg (1280x1656, 474K)

> ADVERTISEMENT BAD!
Fuck off retard, Smash has had advertisement since Melee, why are you complaning about it now?

Attached: DsrBEUBU0AAp_1X.jpg (480x360, 20K)

Where's the generators to make these?

That's an example of advertisement because its representing a product in the future that you can purchase.

Half the content in Smash 4 being dedicated to Uprising wasn't advertisement because Uprising had been out for years and there isn't an Uprising 2 in sight.

>Like with every controversial pick, there's always "salty x fag kek" posts.
Yeah, that doesn't mean K. Rool or Ridley were specifically targeted.

>Ah, so popularity suddenly doesn't matter again.
Popularity among your specific franchise does. One franchise will never actually contest with another. Chrom getting in doesn't mean he did so because he was more popular than a DK rep or a Metroid rep. It was because he was a popular FE character.

>Most of those were people who downloaded it, played it once, and never again
That's conjecture.

>How many still actively play?
It still has over 10 million users as of jan 14 2019.

>Advertisement
>Doesn't even tell you what game the thing is from
You absolute fucking buffoon

here's your roster, bro

Attached: dlc wants smash.png (1920x1080, 2.76M)

Sami from AW
Lara Croft

Who's anime girl number 336457 at the end there?

What would Lara even do though? She's so grounded compared to the rest of the cast that I can't see how she'd be any fun. All she's really got is parkour skills and guns, and we already got plenty of that.

Attached: 1555556660013.png (1200x640, 100K)

>Yeah, that doesn't mean K. Rool or Ridley were specifically targeted.

Yes they were.

>Popularity among your specific franchise does.

Lmao. So it doesn't matter if a character is more popular than other franchises, but it does when a FE character is more popular than another FE character. If by some chance a FE character has some actual popularity you'll change your mind again.

>That's conjecture.

Nope, it's common sense. Every game will have less people play it as it goes on.

>It still has over 10 million users as of jan 14 2019.

I bet you believe those "OVER 700 MILLION PLAYER" advertisements on browser games.

That's not at all comparable. Museums have an expressed purpose to show off old art work. Showing off the most recent game in which a character appeared in is not the same, if anything they would show off their game of origin.

It still is advertisement dummy, they put a character in there from an upcoming game so it could be more known and sell better.

captain king in smash is the tighest shit and dont (You) me if you think otherwise

If you want master chief, stop playing smash and ask Microsoft for a clone

>Jibanyan
>Literal who
>Other than Klonoa
>Other than Klonoa
>than Klonoa
>Klonoa

Attached: 1542737991217.png (707x706, 251K)

Exactly. Some games haven't had a chance to be shown off yet because Smash only comes once a console generation, so they pick more recent games for the most part to represent them.

>Yes they were.
You just said otherwise

>If by some chance a FE character has some actual popularity you'll change your mind again.
No, I really wouldn't.

>Nope, it's common sense. Every game will have less people play it as it goes on.
It also can potentially get more players, or the players that leave will get replaced by new players.

>I bet you believe those "OVER 700 MILLION PLAYER" advertisements on browser games.
>newzoo.com/insights/articles/a-look-at-how-nintendos-mobile-strategy-has-evolved-since-2016/
>Though it has over 10 million downloads in 2018, this is far smaller installed base than Super Mario Run

>Dustforce
I'd main so fucking fast

>tfw i was only ever able to check off one thing on this list

Attached: smash5wishlistv8.png (720x385, 325K)

master chief, then literally who?

I’d unironically accept this. Nothing that excites me but nothing that offends me either

>He thinks Klonoa is more well known than Beelzemon because of Smash Rosterfagging

Attached: 1552852223128.png (500x421, 210K)

You could make her do stuff based around climbing and ropes and shit, like let her put hooks over the battlefield and slide along them, and climb walls, or something

I want banjo, but I would honestly be fine with nights as an alternative.

Too many literal whos in your most wanted

I'm always surprised that that's the one people pick up on
Glad so many anons played that game

Klonoa, NIGHTS and FEgness

>You just said otherwise

I didn't, but nevertheless importance is only important to you if it's FE.

>No, I really wouldn't.

Yes you would.

>Though it has over 10 million downloads in 2018, this is far smaller installed base than Super Mario Run

It says downloads, not people actively playing the game.

>Jax and Daxter

>B*njo

Nakoruru

Attached: 1556012924596.jpg (530x818, 83K)

(You)

Felicia

Attached: Felicia.jpg (680x960, 60K)

>jak and daxter
master chief has more of a shot of being in

> Epsilon
> Pentarou
> MZD
> Kaeru
> Mike Jones
> Davy
Come on, your choices are either who? Or complete shit like Kass, Koops, Marshall or Primid,

3 literal whos

im autistic as shit bros, i had a dream the warp star from kirby got announced as the next fighter. it wasnt even a perfect yellow warp star, it had kirby and meta knight painted onto it. it wasnt even full painted on it, i was just half painted with those two while the rest was yellow. i'm glad i woke up and saw another stupid smash thread, today im just glad

Attached: panic.jpg (600x600, 55K)

There's nothing wrong with that. Relevancyfagging is cancer. Also
>Marshall
>Shit
faggot

>Primarina got completely shafted in spite of her popularity
Adding Incineroar was the biggest mistake of Ultimate.

Attached: Primarina_worried.jpg (250x291, 21K)

I want you in, Mado.

Attached: 93875893725694.jpg (680x578, 66K)

don't samefag your literal who posts please

>MZD
Mimi and nyami are a better choice

Inceniroar really was a mistake

>not even popular in its own generation
>has a human like function despite being a character from a beast/monster franchise

I can tell who is every single character

You're not wrong but I mostly just want MZD for ? and MZD's songs

I would unironically take that.

Eir sadly has no presence in her own story so far.
Veronica's at least the "main" antagonist and present in all three stories, and most of the xenologues are about her.

lmao hi virgin

Attached: sa2.png (1531x1080, 1.42M)

I don’t really give a shit about her, but is there a reason nobody ever talks about Lara Croft? She’s a big enough icon that I’d think she’d have more demand.

Where is this written?

Two reasons: Square Enix and NuLara.

Sharena

Attached: __sharena_fire_emblem_and_fire_emblem_heroes_drawn_by_hoshino_pixiv12796893__sample-5bb0b56d3af41b93 (850x992, 240K)

i like you

>western square enix character
>it's not deus ex
ew

>Classic Lara Croft
>Banjo
>Sora
>Undertale character
>Monokuma
are the five I want. There's some other honorable mentions I'd like such as Rayman, Morrigan/Felicia, Dante and a few others, but I'd like these four the most

Attached: 1508443598920.png (902x1324, 1001K)

Lara is just not the same as she used to be. If it was classic Lara I'd be down for it.

Lip from Panel De Pon marketed with a new PDP game.
That, or Amitie from Puyo Puyo Fever with her design from that game.

literally who

REIMU

Attached: L.jpg (321x500, 27K)

Do you really want me to bring out the trash can again?

Attached: c955d810ae4c4652fb39186f8d6d35c4.png (1632x2851, 1.15M)

Any non-sword using female from Fire Emblem. Camilla, Sharena, Veronica, Lyn, etc.
Hatsune Miku

Why, do you enjoy being in it so much, assist trophy?

Attached: 1531351729294.png (600x705, 356K)

Please do.

Attached: 379462349752947.jpg (500x281, 40K)

I just want an Undertale character to see the sheer level of asspain that will occur here

Attached: 91yiltwe11x11.jpg (1200x1028, 161K)

If we're allowed to go full retarded with our picks, I chose Cole from InFamous, My absolute favorite Playstation franchise.
Let's not forget he was playable in another japanese crossover game.

Attached: Cole-Mcgrath.jpg (1355x1920, 362K)

If you want a good kind of asspain, then just root for goku or steve instead.

Klonoa alternate costume ,ps1 Klonoa:
youtube.com/watch?v=9hJzkAJeJlA

>they spend more time playing Guess Who Smash Bros Edition with other pungent anons than actually playing the game

You literally can't make this shit up

Attached: guesswho.jpg (1000x750, 135K)

>fe shit
>not even Anna

fucking gross

Truth is that only this place would be asshurt. I want to everyone both inside and outside Yea Forums go crazy just like piranha planta, so steve is a superior choice.

Rosterfags are ill, what's new

>NiGHTS
Absolutely fucking based

Why do people always assume there's a FE character?

Attached: byleth.jpg (1200x1090, 105K)

>klonoa
>fucking gacha trash
Fuck off.

Because there's a billion of them, and copy-pasting those sword movesets is easy.

But I genuinely think they don't have a shot
>Truth is that only this place would be asshurt.
Yeah that's why I said "to see the sheer level of asspain that will occur here"

Attached: 1555437303548.jpg (540x764, 67K)

But they said every DLC character will have a new moveset

He looked so jacked

Attached: 6002619311_4fbc77a081.jpg (500x281, 110K)

Why do people assume there will be a Fire Emblem character cause of "muh patterns", when going by "patterns" there should be a new Pokemon cause Pokemon always gets two new reps each game (Ultimate only got 1 so far).

Attached: tooeasy.png (524x260, 337K)

It's literally the safest bet you can make because of Sakurai's obsession with the series.

They count Roy as a separate moveset, despite sharing 50% of his moves with Marth. Toon Link and Young Link as well.

>That Sonic pic
Is it real?

Everyone who was playable before Smash 4 isn't an Echo

Even Sakurai knew that the newcomers from that game were shit

And none of those were being advertised as unique DLC, user. Stop being disingenuous.

From the trailer desu

what was the second in smash 4? or even brawl?

>moves the goalpost to dlc advertising
>claims others are disengenuous
Lucas was advertised as unique dlc. Isn't considered an "echo" either.

You know what will 100% absolutely NOT be DLC?

A FEMALE CHARACTER who isn't just a pallete swap of a MALE CHARACTER!!!

Roy counted as a full character for Smash 4 dlc.

It looks disgusting

>Brawl
Lucario, PKMN Trainer

>Smash 4
Greninja, Charizard (they replaced trainer with just one of his mons)

>shit emblem gacha character

Attached: 1501703805635.jpg (453x439, 85K)

And he was added back in Melee. And the Smash 4 DLC characters weren't being advertised as brand new.
Stop. Being. Disingenuous.
This was my first time posting in this topic. You're still being disingenuous by implying those characters are all the same.
>Lucas was advertised as unique dlc.
Yeah and he wasn't one of the people you just brought up in your post, user. Quit being retarded on purpose.

> Charizard
Still pissed they took away his Rock Smash

Attached: 1200px-Rock_Smash_SSB4.jpg (1200x675, 138K)

>And he was added back in Melee. And the Smash 4 DLC characters weren't being advertised as brand new.

He costed the same amount as any "full" character" did in Smash 4 dlc.

Your mistake is that you're focusing on much more specific patterns than everyone else. Everyone expects at least one Pokémon newcomer every game, not exactly two Pokémon newcomers every game.

>You're still being disingenuous by implying those characters are all the same.
Considering the discussion was about "copy-pasted movesets and fire emblem characters", trying to move the goalposts to "100% new characters" instead of the usual FE moveset bullshit is disengenuous.
>This was my first time posting in this topic.
Sure it was, buddy. You just happen to be the only one replying now, because you're defending the other person's anonymous internet honor, right?

Expect the worst.

Pic related.

In the Invisible Tome of Arbitrary Patterns and Fanrules. Right alongside such edicts as "the Odd Numbered Pokémon Gen Curse" (look how that turned out), "only one rep for third party companies" (which transformed after Ryu into "only one rep for third party FRANCHISES", look how both ended up), and "third parties must represent significant gaming history" (oh wait that was an actual Sakurai rule that he and Nintendo shit on).

Attached: guesswhoisobsessed.jpg (1080x1879, 311K)

>Reimu packing a trashcan

Even though it’ll never happen, if Touhou somehow got a rep I wish it’d be Cirno, just to spite Reimufags. I made the mistake of buying a TH game and Reimu is boring as fuck, so much so that you can hardly even call her a character.

Would suck desu.

Sounds like 4 only got 1 new pokemon rep

The one thing I don’t understand when people put these fake list together is why they put two characters owned by the same company on them.

Like even if all the characters are third party, why would Sega get to DLC characters compared to everyone else. I’m not saying it couldn’t happen, but I highly doubt it would be set up that way.

>Charizard (they replaced trainer with just one of his mons)
That's like calling Sheik and Zero Suit Samus new characters in Smash 4

I think people are just putting what they want, no matter how unrealistic

>muh obscure jrpg
grow up

Best Indie rep possible

I hate these, I fucking swear that with each thread it is basically "Yea Forums picks Smash newcomers, but everytime they do it gets way the fuck more obscure."

How fucking obscure a character are you faggots gonna suggest at the end of this?! To what point makes you think some of these are good ideas? What faggot thinks Digimon will get in, specifically a villain digimon from a later season that isn't even the one they keep shilling?

It boggles my mind how people shit on ideas of popular characters and yet will blast a character that would only fit in Mugen.

I don't know what I fucking hate more:
>EPIC SALT XD/contrarian lists full of characters that are hated or are meme tier
>pretentious "le artiste patrician" lists full of obscure and/or weebshit picks

Absolutely seething over simple characters people like. Actually have sex

Attached: 1522272417374.jpg (259x194, 9K)

Fucking fuming

seething

Attached: dlc fighter pass.png (1280x720, 737K)

>NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! stop liking anything other than my discord-approved characters!!! only banjo, geno, isaac and erdrick are allowed!!!
jesus, you rosterfags are pathetic. why are you all so allergic to getting your own opinions? and why do you take the roster of a children's party game so seriously? grow up.

Attached: 1547359840127.jpg (125x122, 3K)

>obscure
play more games kid

I want Reimu because I want touhou music.
If we got any other touhou character I would be just as happy, it doesn't have to be Reimu at all.
I only ask for her because she is the main character and would definitely be chosen over Cirno or anyone else.

I hate these, I fucking swear that with each thread it is basically "Yea Forums picks Smash newcomers, but everytime they do it gets way the fuck more obscure."

How fucking obscure a character are you faggots gonna suggest at the end of this?! To what point makes you think some of these are good ideas? What faggot thinks Digimon will get in, specifically a villain digimon from a later season that isn't even the one they keep shilling?

It boggles my mind how people shit on ideas of popular characters and yet will blast a character that would only fit in Mugen.

Attached: 1555879852631.png (160x120, 22K)

Your shitty literal WHO characters will never be in Smash, nobody will pay Money for shit like Dustforce, Estelle, Temjin etc.. only popular characters with a legacy can get in.

Absolute retards, thinking their literal whos have a chance.

What? It's just the characters I personally want, you fucking sperging faggot. I'm not expecting shit.

Attached: ridley pichu.jpg (1587x2048, 294K)

Everyone keeps forgetting the best square rep for smash.

Attached: 605683-gex_large.jpg (300x500, 12K)

Attached: raf,360x360,075,t,fafafa_ca443f4786.jpg (360x360, 38K)

This is literally the easiest choice imaginable.
>Won best OST in the year before Smash came out
>Very recognizable character
>Taro wants to put her in any series he possibly can
>Many stage possibilities
>Extremely good moveset potential
>Recent character, could absolutely sell more copies of Automata

Attached: raypier-p-fin[1].jpg (1000x1213, 418K)

nice

Attached: 1555358604111.png (620x583, 312K)

I like how that didn’t even touch on this one at all

I can't really see any Square character after how stingy they were with Cloud.

How would 2B getting into Smash Ultimate affect the DMC timeline?

My ideal DLC pass would be
>Sora
>Banjo and Kazooie
>Phoenix Wright
After those three I don't really want anyone else AT ALL, so let's just throw in a fucking Goku or Sans or some shit that would make people freak.

>Calls people with opinions NPC
>Only ""argument"" is an image
Cleverbot also denied being a machine, I suppose

Now say it without crying

Attached: 1542293110190.jpg (400x400, 38K)

Attached: DtpQwUpUUAE_Lfs.jpg (1249x1249, 243K)

Too sexy and risque to be in

We have Bayonetta and Zero Suit Samus, come on user.

It's getting really fucking stupid now. The goal for Yea Forums now is to just call the most obscure pick the most patrician choice and anything that becomes mainstream is therefore 'bad and virgin'.
That is because that list is based and with characters that work in Smash. Unlike other choices. What next Yea Forums? Someone from New Vegas?!

Japanese kids don't give a shit about it. Their morning cartoons are filled with characters like her

Palutena literally poledances.

Nobody cares about shittoneta

>ZZS
>Bayo
>Shulk’s swim trunks alt

2B is fine user.

neither are worse than the basic bitch rosterfags who have a meltdown at the mere suggestion of characters that aren't banjo, geno, isaac, or erdrick (and a few token throw-ins like doomguy or master chief).
90% of these threads are people filling out the same template with the same characters and jerking off over how "based" you all are. the second anyone comes up with creative out-of-the-box ideas for characters that would actually be fun to play as - you know, gameplay, the actual point of this game, not MUH CHILDHOOD NOSTALGIA - you all start whining like a bunch of manchildren.
who cares if someone wants "obscure" or "weebshit" characters in a party game? it's not like geno is a world-renowned gaming icon either. at least some of the lesser-known characters in these threads would force sakurai and his team to come up with something creative instead of copying robin's moveset and calling it a day.

Attached: 1547334176989.jpg (1024x995, 158K)

>n-n-nuh uh YOUR the one who is really the Non Playable Character! Ahahahaha cringe oof yikes ohnononono cope
Maybe you'll look like less of a machine if four of you didn't spout nearly identical shit within a fucking minute.

> ZSS
They toned down her ass and boobs

Attached: Dfh9dtTXkAEA0Pw.jpg (1080x1080, 126K)

Who should I use for last two? (Old ass list)

Attached: DLC choice.jpg (1920x2160, 3.75M)

It's still a skin-tight outfit.

Attached: Smash DLC Fighter Pass A.png (1280x720, 1.07M)

Doesn’t matter. Bayo LITERALLY has an attack where she removes clothing and SHE made it in. Worst 2B has is her self destruct/no dress mode, which they probably wouldn’t add to Smash anyway, so she’s 100% fine from the sexual content standpoint.

I just need Wright and then I don't care who else they add

>nobody will pay Money for shit like Dustforce, Estelle, Temjin etc..
nobody would pay money for garbage like geno, amaterasu (whose own game has sold a total of 2.6 million copies in 12 years - no, that's not a typo), or kos-mos, but guess who gets spammed over and over again in these threads without complaints.

This is the definitive version of the literally who list

HAHAHAHAHHA YOU'RE SO ANGRY

>faggots eat this micro transaction shit

You are cancer. I am just holing myself up and waiting for the actual definitive release so I can buy the game in one go.

Thanks for giving me my answer. "le artiste patrician" hipster fags are the most unbearable, writing out whiny manifestos like yours about what a special snowflake you are for reflexively turning your snobby noses up at any character that more than three other people want in Smash.

>obscure
I can't tell if this is bait or if Yea Forums is really this far gone

Attached: doggo.jpg (535x462, 52K)

BASED

Attached: 1507198415410.jpg (720x405, 59K)

Sad

Attached: 1540962029843.jpg (300x300, 11K)

youtube.com/watch?v=k_lgXlNVkBo He'd probably bring this to the game with him

If you think 75% of the characters ITT are literally whos, you haven't played enough video games to warrant posting on Yea Forums. Crawl back to whatever subreddit shithole spawned you.

Attached: King Kai shouting.jpg (259x194, 10K)

Can I get a template for that orange DLC list I like that format

>2 sega reps in a single pass
never ever

>because that list is based
I’ll take what I can get, thanks user

Attached: 59CD1B76-74BE-478E-A390-2DA08C87FB78.png (500x532, 305K)

>That is because that list is based and with characters that work in Smash. Unlike other choices.
travis touchdown is an anime swordsman. his most recent game on the switch was a critical and commercial failure. before that, he had gone almost a decade without a new game. normalfags would have no idea who he is and would not rush out to buy the fighter pass for him.
what makes him "based" vs. other obscure characters, other than the fact that the discordfags include him in their circlejerk lists?

Attached: 1553112630780.jpg (1920x1080, 161K)

I know who all the characters are...

But I literally think that they are more deserving a spirit then a playable character.

>master chief
>Nights
>obscure
i really want you 2000 born kids to fuck off.

Easy enough

Attached: 16085289_p0_master1200.jpg (424x600, 278K)

Postan some characters I want

Attached: CC0F41BD-97EB-43AB-9311-295CD177E006.png (1920x1080, 2.17M)

I am not saying all the characters are obscure, but a good portion of them are.

No.

Tidus is next screencap this

>sub
Based

oh

>steve
cringe

Attached: Fighter Pass.png (2720x596, 1.44M)

>present in all three stories
>showed up for 2 seconds in Book II as just another kidnapped child for no reason
>was only shown in the Book III teaser and has not shown up at all.

Quit being a crybaby you crybaby

>wanting obscure third party characters

Like what you want but that's literally never happening.

Smash tends to lead towards depicting the classic version of most characters though. Look at Pacman and Simon.

>Veronica

cringe

Attached: __thrasir_fire_emblem_heroes_and_etc_drawn_by_kozaki_yuusuke__sample-662f04f359bf6badc6b9a7d128bf81b (850x969, 179K)

Book 3 ain't over, sweetie. And like I said, she's certainly in more stories than Eir.

>4 Sega characters.

Sure.

>fe
>gachashit

cringe

>Heavy
>Dark Heavy
>Coach
>impa
>scorpion

Heres your real fighter pass, bro.

Reimu has far more personality than 9gag, you just have shit taste.

The virgin
>"This character isn't likely because it's not shilling a new or relevant game/franchise"
The chad
>"I want this character because they're fucking cool"

HEY HEY HEY
ROSTERFAGS ARE FUCKING GAY

Attached: 1556459719815.jpg (680x477, 96K)

based. fuck relevancy/shillfags. pathetic losers.

Seething Banjokes

literally rent free. back to discord.

>spends enough time in roster threads that he recognizes an uncommon shitpost

Fucking yikes. Take a shower and actually play your game, virgin.

Attached: 1536800449849.jpg (400x400, 25K)

Sans is epic.

Attached: san.png (977x874, 628K)

Fat Albert doesn't say gaaaay!

>blocks elmafags' paths
>t-bags on rexfags' corpses
She's in.

Attached: KOS-MOS in smash.jpg (1200x1080, 193K)

HOLY CRAP

Any list with Wonder Red on it is totally ok by me.

Based and Xenopilled

Attached: 1556473460056.jpg (600x435, 60K)

Pyra.

>implying dante isn't getting in

They do it as a joke. Or rather, they don't, but their lives are a joke so it's kinda the same. Also relax, no actual obscure characters have made it in so far and now that Nintendo is picking it's even less likely.
Another pokemon or FE though, now that is some shit taste stuff that could actually happen.

HOW LONG UNTIL HACKURAI REVEALS THE NEXT CHARACTER
JOKER WAS ANNOUNCED IN FUCKING DECEMBER
THIS WAIT IS LITERALLY DRIVING ME INSANE

Attached: 1520113837043.jpg (218x232, 9K)

e3

At this point I expect we'll get two characters at E3.

> Fire emblem
> Halo

Attached: 137593505136.jpg (600x800, 64K)

Imagine being so mad you have to samefag to feel better

Attached: 1542409780985.jpg (678x510, 64K)

gamecube,

Attached: 1556634842147.jpg (2192x4000, 2.3M)

mecha hitler

This is one of the most stupid images I've ever seen in my life.

funny how palutena fits all of the complaints about every character here

gay

Attached: FP wishlist.png (1531x1080, 1.97M)

SEETHING

> No Sukapon
Based

Attached: smash_150___047___sukapon_by_professorfandango_dbz9v76-pre.jpg (894x894, 89K)

I just want Sora because I like Kingdom Hearts

Attached: 1549998686732.jpg (480x328, 30K)

>rex&pyra
>elma
>but no KOS-MOS
She did it bros, she's finally in Smash.

Attached: 1556041148327.png (1280x720, 785K)

So, because I want a character that I like in the game, it means that I don't play or like the game? Great argument, you fucking moron.

Attached: 1516469776986.gif (496x277, 1.06M)

Attached: 1535924270036.png (775x496, 49K)

Says the nigger obsessively stalking threads just to show mommy that he posted the funi maymay again.

>If you want a character in the game you hate it
>If you don't want a bunch of characters you must like it
I think it's depressing how much time you spent on this so here's a free (you)

krystal

>A spear user
I'd actually welcome Sharena, even if she's ANOTHER FE. I want to see what a spear user is like in smash.

Attached: 1457592190095.jpg (500x500, 17K)

>The entire roster is who tier

Imagine more stabbing attacks instead of slashing with slightly more range. With a generic recovery and a down b counter.

That's your FE spear user.

>NO NEW CHARACTERS SHOULD BE ADDED TO SMASH AND IF YOU WANT ANY YOU DINT LIKE THE GAME AND ARE RUINING IT BUT ALSO YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY ABOUT NEW CHARACTERS BUT YOU ABSOLUTELY ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO WANT ANY ARENT I SMART AND ABOVE BEING ANGRY ABOUT ROSTERS
This is the sort of image a preteen would make

Here's your spear user, bro

Attached: poke.jpg (1200x675, 115K)

go back

poke

Attached: SSBUWebsiteCorrin2.jpg (1280x720, 184K)

Do discordfags circlejerk him? I just added him to that dlc that he talked about because I like the character

Attached: 27210277-0715-4C5C-88D0-4CB7050C61FF.jpg (737x1024, 206K)

I was imagining it like dynasty warriors, with spear spin neutral A and thrust launch side B. That sort of thing.
You know that's not super far off.
I hope not, I can't use Corn or any of his moves for shit.

This
Palutena is definitive proof that there are no standards at all for smash other than Sakurai's own biases

Replace crash with Phoenix Wright and I'm 100% with you on this list

Imagine wanting a shit emblem character, for any reason

It just makes me hate her more.

Attached: 1553046196079.png (550x425, 90K)

How many notable videogame character actually use a spear or polearm? How many of them have a shot at smash? Smash bros loves hamfisting FE characters into it so it's the only reliable choice besides Goku with the power pole

Attached: HE'S IN.jpg (900x900, 114K)

>a good portion
which ones do you regard as "obscure"

Attached: EA2FDEE1-2F2D-4265-ABEC-12179989D471.png (553x419, 169K)

It's sad how many people aren't getting this obvious joke of yours..

It's too late user HE'S ALREADY IN

Attached: 1554676487570.jpg (636x852, 59K)

Bandanna Goku

Attached: BandannaGoku.png (187x163, 68K)

If we absolutely HAD to have a spear user for some arbitrary reason you could add Bandana Dee or Ganon so we don't already make the FE problem even worse. But of course you don't actually care about that and just want more FE shit

If we get anyone from dragonquest it'll prolly just be another sword user.

>How many notable videogame character actually use a spear or polearm?
Ganon, for one.
>We could have had a polearm user since Melee if Sakurai had gotten his priorities straight

As a Kirby fan I'd love Bandana Dee. Or Trident Dorf. But they'll never do it.

Attached: 1533275972440.jpg (225x225, 9K)

This

Attached: B-but_no_one_cares_about_trannyseal.jpg (3704x3976, 2.14M)

Probably. If you google 剣 (sword) the second result is Erdricks.

>But of course you don't actually care about that and just want more FE shit
I want more characters that appeal to me yes. That is usally how this works. What's wrong with another FE character so long as they are unique?

I've already posted her in this thread in response to someone asking what female characters would work in Smash, but she also uses a mixture of both spears and swords in a very different way from every other Smash character, plus she ALSO uses guns and other Pod skills.

Attached: 36c237ead8d3a535850494e84f6c1c9d[1].png (1084x1500, 1.25M)

Not him but
>Suda51 is buddy buddy with Sakurai/Nintendo and his games on Nintendo consoles are good/have a niche fanbase backing them (people were hype when Travis Strikes Again was first announced and Travis was even trending on Twitter). Suda considers Travis to be a Nintendo character (he wasn't involved with the PS3/360 port of NMH1 and considers the Wii release the definitive version) and wants to continue developing for the Switch which would include No More Heroes 3 at the very least (also Travis is in the new Dragons Dogma on switch).
>Yes Travis is another swordsman (the guy who designed him also designed some fire emblem characters due to the success of NMH out west) but he would actually be a good inclusion because his personality is completely different from any other swordsman on the roster and also the moveset potential. Travis has wrestling moves, melee moves, can force choke, summon a giant robot, fire lasers, and more. If they incorporate stuff from Travis Strikes Again they can actually have a REALLY COOL character to mess around with (not to mention the NMH series has some bangers lmao youtu.be/q-V8htEtAYI)
>Not everyone on the roster is ultra relevant. Lucas and Bayonetta are popular characters now but if they never made it into smash I don't think they would be as well known as they are. Sure you can throw out the excuse that lesser known characters are backed by Nintendo/Nintendo exclusive so that doesn't matter but Travis is basically in the same boat as Bayonetta, just more niche.

Honestly though Nintendo can put fucking ANYONE in the fighters pass and people would get hype. I can't take the literal who argument all that seriously anymore when people lost their shit over a fuckin plant. I'd love to see Travis make it in. It makes more sense and would be cooler than people give it credit for.

>The order of Heroes is called Wiess BRAVES in japan
She's in, pack it up bros.

Attached: __sharena_fire_emblem_and_fire_emblem_heroes_drawn_by_gebyy_terar__57493aaeda31d91aaf6a966b21404f15. (600x848, 95K)

I still think Mimikyu would have been a far better choice, though I'm not particularly MAD about Incineroar.

I just want a Kirby rep that's not Sakurai bias.
I'd take Zan Partizanne if it meant that.

Attached: clobbered.png (950x596, 178K)

Crash is the only one that would be interchangeable, but wright never crossed my mind, just Amaterasu

Stop mentioning Trident Dorf. I didn't even know I wanted it this bad.

Attached: Dissapoint.png (183x202, 36K)

swap whatever Kos-mos is with chief and i agree. Would buy.

She can't keep being in every single game user.

>I want more characters that appeal to me yes. That is usally how this works.

I didn't realize this game was only for you and not 13 million other people.

>What's wrong with another FE character so long as they are unique?

Because
>Fire Emblem is already overrepresented, this is Smash Bros not FE Bros
>Majority of the FE fanbase would just bitch about it not being THEIR favorite FE character
>Not being a clone or "unique" is the bare minimum, not a feature. FE has had an awful track record in terms of this anyway.

Attached: 1533148418814.png (83x127, 21K)

>Suda51 is buddy buddy with Sakurai/Nintendo and his games on Nintendo consoles are good/have a niche fanbase backing them
meanwhile, you have characters from multi-billion-dollar franchises getting dumped on as "literal whos." when that's the standard, a "niche fanbase" certainly isn't enough.
>Travis has wrestling moves, melee moves, can force choke, summon a giant robot, fire lasers, and more.
too bad he would do none of those things in smash and would instead be marth clone #6000. sakurai can't help himself when it's a human character with a sword.
>Not everyone on the roster is ultra relevant.
the same could be said for all the characters getting dumped on as "literal whos" in this thread.

Unique FE characters would be even worse. It already has the most unique characters of any franchise in Smash aside from Super Mario, Pokémon, and the Wii series.

Especially since even the "unique" ones overlap a lot of stuff with previous characters with the exception of Robin.

I just want Phantom

I'd unironically be excited for this pass with Klonoa and NiGHTs alone.

Attached: hi.png (325x249, 147K)

Also, Robin is the only one with a moveset that actually reflects his games

>too bad he would do none of those things in smash and would instead be marth clone #6000. sakurai can't help himself when it's a human character with a sword.
I can see him at least doing a little more than just being a marth clone. I know they can't implement everything but I think they can throw in at least some of the cool shit Travis can do
>meanwhile, you have characters from multi-billion-dollar franchises getting dumped on as "literal whos." when that's the standard, a "niche fanbase" certainly isn't enough.
I just don't think Nintendo really cares all that much. Basically any choice for DLC is guaranteed to generate hype on the merits of being so out-of-left-field, actually good, or just being DLC in general. Yes, Nintendo likes to include their really popular characters but they also throw in more obscure ones that are nowhere NEAR as relevant. They've been doing whatever they feel like really.

Suffer like the rest of us do

Attached: trident.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

>"NINTENDO! YOUR SONy HAS RETURNED! I BRING THE FINAL SMASH DLC!"

Attached: 32563523523.jpg (480x360, 17K)

based spongebro

Attached: 1555495685255.png (900x505, 283K)

I’m surprised at all of the Kiryu love as of late

Attached: CDB3631E-EBCB-4341-B9AB-3190AE707B31.gif (100x100, 548K)

Ironic timing
>nintendoeverything.com/yakuza-series-producer-says-switch-ports-havent-been-considered-for-now-characters-unlikely-for-smash-bros/

Most Gen 7 Pokémon would have been far better choices. The starters absolutely sucked this time around, especially compared to the rest of the new batch.

Incineroar was literally the only bad design though.

Attached: all the packs.png (1280x1826, 3.34M)

yeah that makes me sad, he could be such a great character

Attached: end it all.jpg (1603x2020, 1.71M)

He's too good for us.

>dante, kiryu and heihachi are all deconfirmed
It hurts.

Since Kiryu's deconfirmed, why not the character from the series that inspired Yakuza in the first place?
Kunio's in.

Attached: R-9544877-1482443466-2196.jpeg.jpg (600x590, 144K)

incineroar is the greatest starter ever.

>NiGHTS
hahahahaha hahahahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Decidueye and Primarina are both crap too.

Attached: 1429917878964.gif (500x250, 183K)

i vote for klonoa

Attached: klonoa.jpg (1918x1769, 1008K)

Alex Roivas from Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem.

Attached: Picture 1.png (243x350, 114K)

>Metabee not on that list
So you're saying there's a chance

Attached: metabeeimproved.jpg (915x1200, 107K)

I like this choice.

Attached: 1547039560145.jpg (1600x960, 192K)

>Kid Goku [Dragon Ball]
Make him underpowererd but versatile with the nimbus cloud, power pole, kamahameha ult, and a scrappy fighting style
>Mike Tyson from Punchout
He could use the money....and make him as big as ridley just to piss people off
>Waluigi
Just fuckin do it already nintindo
>Warrior of Light from Final Fantasy 1
>Gutsman, Cutsman, and Protoman ala pokemon trainer

Attached: image00000070.jpg (600x450, 47K)

Incineorar is literally the laziest looking shit, at least Primarina and Decidueye look like a modicum of effort was put into them

>Kid Goku
>Not SpongeChad
yawn

Attached: images-2-727167.jpg (320x305, 19K)

Any retro rep will do me at this point. I was super disappointed that Ultimate didn't have one.

WHERE ARE THE FEMALE CHARACTERS????

>Nights AND Klonoa
Fuck, it would be perfect. Too bad that'll never happen.

Attached: the_dream_traveler_and_the_nightmaren_by_twisted_wind-d5vuw3a.jpg (1024x1424, 191K)

Mkay

Attached: Thehell.jpg (400x400, 21K)

>Delusional Xcuck