Realistically speaking, can this be topped this year?

Realistically speaking, can this be topped this year?

Attached: 506761-sekiro-shadows-die-twice-playstation-4-front-cover.png.jpg (800x800, 72K)

animal crossing on switch

there is no chace

based and animalcrossingpilled

mordhau is better

It's been topped already by DMC.

no, kinda sad

Possibly by TLOU2 if they don't fuck up the multiplayer

Attached: The Last of Us Part II – E3 2018 Gameplay Reveal Trailer _ PS4.webm (960x540, 3M)

Yet another souls fanboy magnet with slowass messy one-hit-delete "combat".

New GoW showing off Loki's sex change mechanic?

Yeah, this probably

Attached: file.png (1880x654, 2M)

it's a shit game. it can be easily topped

It was topped even before it came out by DMC5.

Filtered by Chained Ogre.

it's not even a good soulborne.

The Last of tumblr probably will

Attached: 1531157813278.png (616x357, 416K)

This, half the fun in these games is the weapon art. You only get a fucking katana? Nty

How can you believe that when the first game was so mediocre with the most braindead combat in a Metroidvania yet?

>the most braindead combat in a Metroidvania yet
Sup.

Attached: Castlevania_SOTN_PAL.jpg (380x384, 113K)

cant be topped.
Sekiro is amazing.

DMC5 dabbed on this turd nugget

yes with WoW Classic
we are finally going home

Bannerlord

Attached: bannerlord2.jpg (660x330, 46K)

I don't like the combat system in that game either but at least it's a combat system. Instead of, you know, pressing a a single fucking button for an autoaim projectile.

>training dummy
>map
>game constantly telling you where to go
>checkpoints everywhere
>tutorial for everything
>retard-proof explanation for everything
>hints for bosses
>pop-up hints
>little to no consequences for dying
>game is on the easiest difficulty by default
>invulnerable NPCs
>Kuro should've been a girl
How is this a Souls game?

Attached: 1526074315829.png (304x294, 89K)

I want to believe.

Attached: jqpIP97.jpg (492x349, 18K)

It was only good for 2 playthroughs for me desu. I had a lot more fun with DMC5 personally. Nice to see From finally adapt some good action game principles though.

>How is this a Souls game?
It's not.

Easily
Game is trash

RE2 or DMC5

>tutorial for everything
>retard-proof explanation for everything

Are you one of the idiots that defend Souls games having gameplay mechanics left completely unexplained unless the player digs around in the fucking files?
You know there is a difference between not holding your hand and not knowing how to explain how your game works, right?

Silksong maybeeeeeee...?

Resident Evil 2 was better

>A remake of a game that has less content than the original
Go away, zoomer.

no u faggot

>bloodborne
>similar enough to be compared with souls games

>sekiro
>better to compare with action games

thank me later

Untitled goose game will dab on all these AAA turds ITT.

This.

Yeah DMC5 was already released, the best action game of the decade.

not really, unless there's some big surprise release at the end of the year

Based and redpilled

i'm so fucking exited about this user, truly an amazing game

doom eternal
no need to thank me

If Darkest Dungeon 2 comes out this year, there's a chance.

i'ts not a combat game retard, it's a platforming game, and a fucking tight one actually. if you know how to play the game, killing enemies doesn't even require you to stop moving around and jumping around.

>game is on the easiest difficulty by default
>How is this a Souls game?
In what Souls game has there been variable difficulty levels?

All of them.

It already has been

Attached: 9AE0C981-DBBF-49E0-A742-0D28360483DB.jpg (801x933, 195K)

Nope.

Not a chance. GOTY. DMCucks and RE MDemakers will sperg out though and tell you otherwise

So, you think that someone who uses magic and summons in Dark Souls will have the same level of difficulty as someone who plays naked and doesn't level up? Interesting.

fuck no yikes dude

This.

Is GOTY such a big honor that you people must fight over it?

Attached: 7083A926-69E1-4F16-82DF-74C3F9CB2AC2.png (640x455, 644K)

cope

And by GOTY you are referring to "Yea Forums's" GOTY and not the actual game awards, right? Because there is no chance in hell will a single FROM game win that title, the awards most likely will go to TLOU2 or some shit

Quality contenders.

looking at all these suggestions I'm hopeful that this will be a good year for vidya. I haven't bought any new games for a couple of years because all the new releases (especially AAA) looked boring to me. However, risk of rain 2 and sekiro have brought me back into it.

Cope.
Journos love Sekiro. It's an easy lock for GOTY.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 10.00.07 AM.png (1452x672, 1.45M)

No, I think that you're softening definitions of what "difficulty settings" are for the sake of being a pedantic twit online.
By the same logic Sekiro has an easy mode.
Someone who doesn't level up attack, health, posture, prosthetics, buys no upgrades, uses no combat arts, and never spams OP prosthetics like firecrackers is going to have a much harder time and someone who grinds out optimal stats.

Attached: 1554212769977.jpg (680x653, 74K)

Nothing can top it because it's the first action game to evolve the same template devs have been using for 20 years. It will take at least 1+ years before copycats can spring up and by then we'll probably be looking down the barrel of another fromsoft release.

If Silksong comes out this year, thwn Silksong.

Sekiro does have an easy mode, you're right. From's games have always given the player a myriad of options to trivialize the game, should they please. You can also ignore all of that if you think it makes the game too easy.

I hope we get dlc for Sekiro this year
Maybe announced at E3

Whatever man, just don't be shocked when some shitty movie game beats it

I preferred DMC5, however, Sekiro is the best FROM game since BB.

DeS=BB>DkS1=Sekino > DkS2 > DkS3

Sure but I don't see it happening based on the games we know about so far

might as well say candy crush 2020

I'm a soulsfag but once you get past Ashina Outskirts this game plays nothing like Souls. Get good aspie.

Because the original was more about platforming and we've seen that the combat in this game is going to be majorly improved

I was far more impressed with DMC5, but I had more fun with Sekiro.
If nothing else good came out this year it would be a good year for vidya.

The game plays nothing like Souls the moment you get past the title screen.

Attached: Dark Souls Level Interactivity.webm (512x320, 2.82M)

I must. . . . shill. . . . sekiro. . . .

It does. It's the same slow ass action-reaction with one hit KO attacks and broken hitboxes. It's not hard, it's just bad design.

>it's just bad design.
Git gud.

I admit I was one of the guys who said "best from game yet, 10/10 ur just mad cuz bad, git gud" but after finishing the game and reflecting on it I have to admit that maybe Sekiro isn't all THAT flawless at all.

It seems that Sekiro was made with the pure idea of being hard rather than interesting. There's this world to explore with nothing in it. You just find identical consumables and as such finding a secret area is largely pointless. Quests suffer from this issue...why should I give a fuck about helping NPC #4 when all I stand to gain is consumable #2894f?

Grapple mechanics are picky. The game clearly has predetermined ways of dealing with every encounter so no innovation is allowed. With specific grapple points on buildings you can never approach a scenario creatively. This is clear during the initial sprint to Kuros room in early game, the castle has set grapple points to ensure you fight through the designated enemies, these grapple points then change in late game, to again ensure that you fight through the designated enemies.
I'm not even going to go into detail on the stealth part of the game, which just feels tacked on and half-assed.

Combat was no variation. I hope you enjoy the deflect killing blow, because that's all you're going to be seeing all game. They substituted rolling for parrying and removed stamina, yes the game plays faster but not better. A huge lack of area and enemy variety also hurts combat as nothing is surprising or interesting to fight. Yes there are some pretty nice bosses (Ape and Demon) but you quickly realise that they have hard counters and are best fought the Dark Souls way.

I also think Sekiro would benefit from having some worthwhile NG+ because the lack of that, char creation, varied weapons etc. all combine and result in this game having next to no replayability to longevity to it.

If I'm being truthful and honest I have to admit the game is probably a 7.5/10, maybe an 8/10 at best.

Attached: 1555970534719.png (212x238, 7K)

There are new enemy types in every area. Try playing the game.

It's a straight masterpiece. As someone who hates the dark souls series, this ended up being one of my most loved titles.

definitely. it's a great game but there's a lot of stuff that could come out that would top it for me

splinter cell

But is Sekiro better than Baba is You?

Nioh 2

The first game was shit, why would the second one be any better?

first game filtered the casuals like you

>Ugh. Dark Souls is so dark and gloomy and clunky. Sekiro is much better, the controls are just so fast and fluid and responsive. You have a grappling hook! And a katana! Epic! Who needs stat sheets and unfair traps? I prefer a more streamlined experience myself.

Attached: the_estrogen_you_can_taste.jpg (600x600, 55K)

It didn't top dmc
Ghost of tsushima looks way better, combat reminds me of for honor, which I played the shit out of

>A more streamlined experience is ba-

Attached: 313196-bloodborne-playstation-4-front-cover.jpg (800x1011, 115K)

Does anyone know if the spear used by the Seven Spears mini-bosses are based on historical spears? If so, what is the spear called?

I really love how the weapon looks. Usually spears only have a tiny knife attached at the end of the staff, but the blade on Seven Spear's weapon is almost as lengthy as a longsword.

Attached: maxresdefault (34).jpg (1280x720, 140K)

its not about the "honor" its because of the shitty zoomer culture nu/v/ has where they need institutions to validate their favorite game, thank the constant Wojack, never ever and copy-paste console war threads

>Who needs stat sheets
Most games that aren't RPGs don't as it seems so what's your point?

>this year

Naginata?

Naginata or Yari
Might be big enough to be a Bisento