What happened to this franchise?

What happened to this franchise?

Attached: a81a37e4fa9dba15231ac3d40e952cc0.jpg (558x606, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y16rgBBAuvY&t=5s
reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/bay0pe/rumor_e3_2019_predictions_leaked_link_in_post/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

was never as top tier a stealth game as thief anyway
what happened to THAT

AAA niche games died in order to serve that fickle amorphous blob that is the "broader audience."

It's only him.

in other words, ubisoft happened

The same thing that happens to all stealth games: It' s too tedious for normies.

they couldn't really make it an open world game with towers you have to climb, so ubisoft didn't know what to do and decided to kill it.

It was hit by the "appeal to a broader audience" and then canned when it failed to move 20m units.

youtube.com/watch?v=y16rgBBAuvY&t=5s

Based Amon Tobin

Attached: l_4102532dd0eff08074aec8a76c601df4.gif (560x420, 85K)

There will be a new Splinter Cell at this years E3 called just Splinter Cell and it will be last game with Sam. It has a big focus on co-op and you play alongside his successor

Screencap this

so are you an insider or what
i know microsoft have been teasing some splinter cell stuff because they released enhanced versions of the games just last week and it was leaked a few months back that microsoft will be revealing a "stealth game".

Conviction and Blacklist happened. Same fate as Hitman almost got hit by around the same time with Abortion funny enough.

became a action 3rd person shooter with stealth elements like all other games at the time.
and ubisoft
FUCK the one responsible for killing the series

Attached: 1533860028261.jpg (766x789, 47K)

Reminder that Sam's VA thought the series should have ended with Conviction

Splinter Cell announcement was supposed to happen last E3 and the one before that. It didn't happen and I'm quickly losing hope.

Splinter Cell is a 10/10 game but I'd honestly be happy with just Spies vs Mercs multiplayer. Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory online modes during Xbox Live 1.0 days were the most fun MP experience I ever had.

Splinter Cell is about one of the few series that would tip me over to the Microsoft side of things.

Attached: 1485858550801.jpg (1280x720, 68K)

The first game had such a comfy feel to all the locations

>last game with Sam

Fucking gay, Ironside has had enough, and 70 year old Fisher prancing around is ridiculous. He was already basically supposed to be a grizzled vet in the first game. His story finished naturally with Conviction

The series is called "Splinter Cell", not "Sam Cell". They should have him be the director of Fourth Echelon, and you play a new guy

Maybe a mission towards the end of the game where you play as Sam for one mission. But otherwise should be new guy

>inb4 redd*t

couldn't find the other source i saw but this person has summarised it in this post. there was way more info in the original post.

reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/bay0pe/rumor_e3_2019_predictions_leaked_link_in_post/

I believe it.
That Ghost Recon tease can't be for nothing.

honestly at this point i just want chaos theory + with some more extra maps and HD. I just know if they try to make a new one is gonna be the same shit the last one was.
but if they when the mgs4 route and made fisher old and have to manage stress and shit that would be insta 10/10 for me

>They should have him be the director of Fourth Echelon, and you play a new guy.
They should just merge the Clancy timeline with the Assassin's Creed and Watchdogs timeline and sign off on a Division 3 parkour. it writes itself.

Didn't Ironside hate voicing the character?

Ubisoft couldn't put it on an assembly line like they did with AssCreed.