What are some video games where the starting classes are pure dogshit?

What are some video games where the starting classes are pure dogshit?
I'll start with RISK OF RAIN 2, Commando is so pathetically weak it's basically impossible to unlock anything. You just have to play 5 painful rounds with that weak faggot until you unlock the robot, then you can start actually playing the game. I have no idea why the devs thought that was a good idea.

Attached: 8ffd7b45d4ca4b4eb359ff67d5b0d47d.jpg (416x218, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!Q6ZmWKKL!zaIs9k07FDrZi4-FASVMrA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

same thing with huntress

I was shocked another weak sack of shit was locked behind such a hard achievement. Surely that is just some sick joke, right?
At least she has auto aim, but her attacks are somehow EVEN WEAKER than Commandos.

the robot is dogshit it has bad mobility and tonnes of hp

It is a lot stronger than Commando, has more hp, and the fast driving thing is actually useful compared to Commando's somersault.
AND he has a sniper rifle as a secondary weapon.

has more hp but moves like a turtle
fast firing but only viable close range
secondary weapon might aswell not exist, nobody uses it

Merc is turbo dogshit, has to get into melee range to attack things and just gets one shot as a result

I use it, and it's very usefu.l

The only undeniable truth in this thread is that you are all bad at the game.

this
every class can do everything, the only one who's objectively weaker than the rest is Artificer due to how her abilities work and how they interact

You're slow but you don't die. And you can drive away fast. Get a goat leg and you're just a straight up better Commando.
And the sniper rifle is fucking great, what are you talking about? You can snipe small enemies from across the map.

this

Attached: 1556381643449.jpg (225x225, 9K)

there is literaly no reason to spend time sniping small enemies after the first 2 stages

It has no damage falloff so it's powerful at all ranges

Oh my God, just git gud. Commando is the best class, like in Risk of Rain 1.

You think commando is bad? Try playing artificer.

Commando is literally the best character in the game. What are you talking about?

Attached: 1554590374159.jpg (2048x1536, 579K)

What kind of casual shit is this? The game is fucking easy as shit are you some kind of mentally disabled child do I need to get you a copy of barbie horse adventure maybe that's more your speed you fucking panzy ass faggot

There's an easy mode for people like you, user.

Op, you are retarded. I did almost all achievements in one first run on my new save as a commando. Just fucking git gud you stupid drizzlet fag

Except Huntress's DPS is even weaker than Arti's somehow. Late game it depends on how well you can proc, which makes it safe to say commando is the best despite the retards in this thread since he can proc with M1 from across the map. Back to arti and hunt, hunt's M1 is insanely slow and her R has a low proc rate, while Arti needs a few hooves and feathers to safely proc her flamethrower, and her M2 can hit pretty hard and fast. Safe to say Hunt is actually the worst, really hope they make it so her M1 fires more arrows based on your bonus atk spd, like an additional arrow every 100+ atk spd.

But she has amazing DPS so the only items you need is mobility (referring to my run with 25 bears and 15 feathers)

He's a goddamn proc machine when you unlock less shit items. Risk of Rain thread?

>only way to start threads on Yea Forums is shitposting with contrarian opinions

Don't worry, best class is coming soon

Attached: IMG_20190429_185353.jpg (3364x2385, 1.17M)

I want miner.

I hope they replaced his pickaxes with a massive drill.

Btw, 5 painful rounds? Are you actually physically and mentally impaired? Getting to stage 3 and killing a boss is the easiest thing in the world even on monsoon

Dark Souls 2, there is a lot of things like the cleric not having enough strength to one hand his mace and the warrior using a broken sword

Is this bait?

Attached: 1468617090116.jpg (640x499, 62K)

commando is the only character in this game that can proc things efficiently from far away. that is what makes him so good. you are just bad

TESO
That`s some next level nonsence, classes in a classless system

I like HAN-D but isn't he kind of replaced by MUL-T?

Attached: Shut the fuck up.jpg (318x318, 64K)

...no? They're completely different

I can see him actually coming out since one of the harder parts of a character is the model, and some of HanD can be used on MulT.

>such a hard achievement
Please tell me this is bait. There is no way you are this bad. How is Huntress not the first one you unlocked?

>construction robot with two guns and double equipment gimmick
>janitor robot that hits shit with a hammer real good

I'm not seeing it.

By god I hope this is all samefagging bait, I refuse to accept that this board has people who are this shit at video games.

I was like you until I took the Commandopill myself. I kept playing him out of spite and it turns out he IS genuinely good. The thing is you need to run against the clock with him because his early game is weak, especially against groups. You need to rush through the game first until you reach mid-game and you become really good, towards endgame you'll be great. He has everything you need, he's a genuine all-rounder, its just that he starts out bad but scales really well. You should get into the habit of rushing the teleporter anyways if you want to play on monsoon.
Huntress is great, what are you on about? She's easy as hell

or how about you know, git gud?
honestly you must be a cripple retard if you cant even play the game with commando

NA vanilla when?

fucking THIS. you all are some goddamn scrubs, commando works out real well, all of them do actually yall just some shitty players.

Attached: 56.jpg (307x313, 21K)

you did such a great job with that figure, if I were you I'd be showing it off a lot too.

Every class is viable, sure, but its hard to deny theres a decent powergap inbetween some of them, kind of like the last game.

>get two DIO's before even looping as arty
>"finally i can get clover"
>get all golems on stage ten
>die twice
>die next stage to a fucking bison
the most livid this game has made me

You are brain damaged

Commando is better than Huntress and Artificer.

Only if you consider his only traits to be "he's a robot and has a specific job" but that's like, the point. Both are robots with jobs on a space ship, but that's the whole reason they are there. One of the logs even mentions another robot model "MED-I" or something like that. The first game had 2 robots too.

Also, Loader prototype here

Attached: IMG_20190430_003512.jpg (4032x3024, 2.65M)

Ayy Commando

Are you bad or stupid? Commando is really good.

Your first mistake was picking Artificer

HOST HOST HOST
EU EU EU
JOIN JOIN JOIN

Artificer is better than Huntress. Huntress is probably the worst overall, but she's still good enough to get god runs on Monsoon somewhat consistently. RoR2 is just really easy after the balance patches over this month.

I haven't played RoR2 with anons in several days. Have fag jannies cleaned up the threads or something? Is the /vg/ one active enough to play with?

Jannies have been deleting and moving threads to /vg/.

One j*noid who hates seeing vidya on Yea Forums wakes up from his 5-day sleep on Sunday and Monday. Every other day is technically safe.

US east

Did that guy finish making his weird fetish Ryuuko mod? There any other model mods out yet?

2/4 get in here

Not yet, and no.

Post your highest time / amount of stages on monsoon or what you have to say is meaningless, because I've never seen an opinion as shit as that one, user.
Give me some actual reasons that he's bad- in the right hands commando is one of the best in the game, there's a reason that a nice chunk of those who excel at this game play as him even with all characters unlocked. He's just all around a very strong pick that works far beyond his role as starter. To sum it up,
>starts out with a small hitbox, decent mobility, decent health, and decent speed
>M1 has great range, accuracy, and speed when compared to the other classes, making commando the strongest choice for dishing out large amounts of damage and item procs safely from across the map
>only character that comes close in this department is mul-t, but his chaingun too inaccurate and his railgun too slow to dish out the same kind of item-based proc damage at range
>M2 let's you apply large amounts of proc damage to enemies bunched up at any range
>shift skill rolls are a strong pick for early game damage evasion both until and after you get move speed items- unlike MUL-T you can roll in any direction and easily roll past enemies instead of going forward directly into them
>R skill works both as a way to stun mobs early/mid game and as an early high-DPS attack
Commando is currently the second best character in the game, right after engie (who is only first because he's downright fucking broken and needs balancing ASAP.) The fact that you don't recognize him as such tells me that you probably either play on drizzle or rainstorm and haven't gotten very far in the game. No shit classes like MUL-T excel in the early game where you're up close and personal but the farther in you get the more combat starts to center around keeping distance and dishing out large damage at range and no one comes even close to being the insane ranged proc-machine that commando is.

Attached: 1556234803479.png (714x680, 455K)

What's the jannies big deal?

They're fags

Yea Forums is for video game culture, not video games

technically thats what vg exists for, but I'd hate to not be able to play with Yea Forums anymore and have to instead be stuck with the kinds of people who frequent /vg/ in the first place
Also the rule is lax to begin with, some games will spam the entire catalog yet there's no enforcement, I mean there IS a smash general after all

It's just one sperg who shows up on sunday and monday to move threads to /vg/. I think he does it to Souls threads too.

Lmao gitgud

I unlocked the Merc with Huntress.
>Stack gasoline and will O wisp
>Get the primordial cube
>Use the cube on top of a boss
>AOE
>Everything dies and the bosses health melts in seconds
>Autoaim so you can focus on dodging
She's fucking ridiculous once you get a few advantageous items

Open again, US east

>>Get the primordial cube
>using anything but heals on huntress
have fun fucking dying lmao, she has literally no health at all so she either needs a fuckload of teddies or a fuckload of healing

also
>>Autoaim so you can focus on dodging
further proving that huntress players are shitters who can't into 3d space well enough to aim + dodge at the same time
nigga are you a potato or something

Good shit user

Attached: Not_on_my_watch.png (1920x1080, 2.22M)

>MAKE PEEPEE HARD
>GOOD CHARATER

Commando has a really shit early game but is literally the best character once you get things going

>she has literally no health at all so she either needs a fuckload of teddies or a fuckload of healing
Literally don't get hit you fucking gigacasual. Sprint 24/7 and get another blink if you can. Literally all you have to do is make sure your pointing in the general direction of the enemy, hold down shoot, and dodge.

>Cries about casuals when he can't avoid hits with Huntress
Oh no no no no no

This. I'm a huntress main and I can't count the number of times engie and multi have jobbed to riff raff, despite me facing down all of the bosses myself.

Hey, user that wanted to buy an engineer model from you here. Sorry I never contacted you. Shit came up and my grandpa is in the hospital right now so I can't afford one anymore. Just didn't want to leave you hanging.

EU Lobby, NA fine

No worries, I don't think I have time to take commissions now anyway. Thanks for letting me know though

Healing items are shit on huntress. Just get a cautious slug and a couple tougher times and spend the rest of your caps on damage and mobility. You're just going to die in one hit anyways. There's no healing once you reach zero, but if you gank the enemy as they spawn, your risk of dying goes way down.

>just get hardlight afterburner bro, lol like get good
>just keep sprinting even though the base sprint speed isn't fast enough to actually dodge anything and you literally need soda cans or goat hooves to dodge projectiles

Huntressfags are pathetic. Just accept that your squishy retard character is completely reliant on soda cans and teddies. I've played Huntress to 3 hours on Monsoon half a dozen times now, and each time it's just been because I've picked up sodas and syringes and crits and shit. She's braindead easy if you get the right items and total shit if you don't.

We need 2 people who like rain.

>You're just going to die in one hit anyways.
the game has one hit protection, you legit can't die in one hit
i always use fruit on huntress and it frequently saves me life. fruit is underrated in general, people who whine about dying just need to experience what fruit + three or four fuel cells can do.

Your glaive lets you hover, your rain of arrows gives you a double jump and teleport moves in any direction. It's pathetically easy to dodge, even on the first stage. Literally get good.
>sniped in back by autoaiming wisp
>autohit protection gone, now vulnerable to whatever may come
Fruit is shit on huntress, just like most healing items. Healing 100 out of you 200 health isn't going to help, if youre in the sitation where your getting dealt damage that easily.

>just keep sprinting even though the base sprint speed isn't fast enough to actually dodge anything and you literally need soda cans or goat hooves to dodge projectiles
Imagine being this shit at the game. The base sprint is enough to dodge the boss golem lock on laser.

Git gud.

>Hardlight Afterburner
False, I'd rather have more glaives than more blinks.

I kinda disliked Commando at first because of this. You're forced to play as a character that isn't really that good at first. Even after I unlocked everyone I still didn't use him for quite a while because of the bad initial experience. After giving it a second chance I ended up loving it though, and is my second most played character after Mul-T.

I still think that in its current state, it's a pretty bad choice to force you to play Commando as introduction to the game, I feel like it somehow doesn't really represent the game properly. I didn't start enjoying the game until I unlocked my second character even knowing what to expect later on, as a ror1 player, but another friend who had never played it thought the game was pretty boring at first and then I had to convince him to play again with Merc and only then, he started having a blast. I feel like a lot of people will just play once, think it's meh, and just forget about it because of the weak start with Commando.

We had to close because nobody was joining. Please feel guilty about it.

It unironically isn't. Go start a run right now, start the tele over and over until you get a Titan, then capture a webm of you attempting to circle strafe him with the base sprint speed. Go ahead, I'll wait.
>Your glaive lets you hover
For half a second.
>your rain of arrows gives you a double jump
Literal 17 second fucking cooldown, yet in a Huntressfag's mind it's a viable dodge mechanic. Are you retarded?
>teleport moves in any direction
No shit, retard, it's still her only dodge ability and it's on a 7 second cooldown. Fucking Commando has a shorter CD on his shift.
>>sniped in back by autoaiming wisp
>calls others shit when he dies to fucking wisps
>talks about 200 health as if he thinks i'm talking about anything but very late game huntress where she has 1000 health
Nigger you are embarrassing.

Just give up Rainstorm fags. I know you retards play this character exclusively on Rainstorm and think she's good as a result, but that doesn't mean she's actually good. I play her on Monsoon and get good runs but she's still bad compared to the other characters. Deal with it.

>circle strafe
Nice job dumbass.
You have to commit to a full sprint

quickplay has some awful sacks of shit half the time which is my only gripe.
>kill boss
>faggot takes all the predatory instincts

You couldn't be seething any harder lmfoa

I'm talking about sprinting you smooth brained nigger. You sprint circles around the Titan. When you have a few Soda cans, you have enough speed to do it, but the base speed is literally objectively not enough.
Rainstormlet.

You're just bad at the game, but that's OK. You can get better with practice. Commando is actually the second best character in the game.

Attached: 1556021969474.jpg (667x645, 87K)

Attached: image.jpg (577x413, 130K)

US East

>Most mobile character in the game
>In a game where good mobility makes you invincible
Its okay to suck, just don't be a loudmouth about it

>most mobile character
>not mercenary
>implying only huntress is mobile as if every character isn't made effectively invincible if they get enough goat hooves
Alright nigga.

Attached: badcharacter.png (1680x1050, 1.86M)

ask me how do i know youre a drizzlet

Okay, second most mobile character. But she doesn't have to sacrifice survivability in return. Don't get me wrong I love playing Merc but he's a seperate entity, the guy either works or he's too behind, you can'T really compare him to the other survivors

Get in here if you don't suck

>has more hp but moves like a turtle
every character has the same exact movement speed
the reason mul-t seems slow is because he's bigger by a decent amount than the other characters

Takes so few items to get into an invulnerability loop between eviscerates whirlwinds and dashes. One or two bandoliers, alien head, clips, accelerator and probably a few other things. Watch out for blazing elites and you're golden.

Merc doesn't sacrifice survivability, what the fuck? He has the second highest health pool in the game, over twice the health regen of every other character (so Cautious Slug is fucking busted on him), he gets i frames from his R (get a few bandoliers and you'll be able to spam R in mobs nonstop), and I think the wiki even says he has a base armor of 20 while other characters don't. Not sure if that last bit is confirmed for sure or no.

Merc's a fucking tank. He's the sturdiest character other than Mul-T. If you think Merc has bad survivability you're honestly just playing him wrong. Build for healing items (scythes, seeds), get cautious slugs, don't be retarded and overextend your health pool. He's easy.

3/4 get in here

US east monsoon

lmao
commando is better late than any other character by a long shot
git gud

mult also has the armor but yeah merc is good

>cuckmando
>get fucked by items early and die
>no i-frames on any moves
>shit mobility
>cant sprint and attack
>abilities dont scale with fucking anything, attack speed actually makes suppressive fire worse because you have less time to tag with stuns, LMB is your entire game
never again, chadcenary for life.

everything you say is true but commando is still pretty good since stickies are broken and he remains the best character to use stickies with (infinite range, tight spread, proc rate of 1)
if they ever nerf stickies he's FUCKED

>These are the faggots spamming their risk of rain general on Yea Forums

Attached: file.png (3310x1873, 3.24M)

you reek of huntress you shitter, pick a real character and not a gimmiky crutch autoaim next time and you might have a solid point

>guy has mercenary
>we start the tele event and finish it
>there are chests right outside the circle that unlock after event
>halfway through telling him to wait when he just insta presses the teleporter and takes another guy’s item alongside his own
>ask why did he do that, he says that chests lock after you start the teleporter event so it doesn’t matter
>tell him they unlock afterward, he says he doesn’t believe me
>tell him to just sit outside the ring this time, he does, we start the boss and he says ‘see they’re not open’
>all three of us tell him to wait until the tele is charged
>he does and obviously the chests are all fair game
>”Hmm... that’s interesting...”
How the fuck did he even unlock merc

risk of rain's and deadbolt's aesthetic is so fucking cool

the chad mains:
Commando for the early game struggle into late game dominance

Merc for full game styling spin 2 win

Engie for shitting turrets, mines, and grenades while flying around with your 10 quails and hoppoos

drizzle

if you shoot at anything further than 10-20m with cuckmando the spread makes it impossible to hit anything.

based, fuck waifufags and fuck robot shitters

>engie
>chad
More like turret main lmao

i know its pretty damn petty on my part but i've only played about 15 ish sessions.
but when people start doing that shit without any recourse(give me 3 chests in exchange etc etc) i just straight up fucking leave.

it's not fun being left behind with fucking junk half the time.

other than that, i will leave if the shit is laggy as fuck.

Commando is literally the best champ in the game

EU monsoon vanilla, NA welcome

this is probably the only time I quit a run

Attached: 20190428144255_1.jpg (1920x1080, 260K)

thats literally every other mando run

That's not that bad. I've seen way the fuck worse.

care to explain? just shitty luck with items?
i'm somewhat new but been playing a shit ton the past day

Half a second is all you need
Get a bandolier or two, whats the problem?
You're right all her moves should be on a zero second cool down
I didn't die to a wisp you mouthbreather. It just invalidated my one hit protection.
You seriosuly go up to 1000 health om huntress? No wonder you die often, get some glass

>Get a bandolier or two, whats the problem?

>just get items that reduce your cooldown lol xD
Your character's kit is shit if it can't reliably avoid damage without CD reduction. Period.

>You're right all her moves should be on a zero second cool down
I never said that, fag. Arrow Rain's cooldown is just too long to treat it like a dodge. Dodging once every 17 seconds isn't a fuckin high mobility character, retard.

>You seriosuly go up to 1000 health om huntress? No wonder you die often, get some glass
>lunarbabby who plays on rainstorm thinks his opinion isn't invalid
Alright fag.

he has no damage items and hes basically at the second boss
and the boss will take so long to kill with commandos base damage that even if hes extremely lucky with items in the future hes always gonna behind the ball
you know, provided he even survives the tp which is not all that likely, hes probably gonna get gangraped by beetle guards

of course it could be worse but fuck clicking on the boss for 10 minutes, if I dont have at least a tri tip dagger or anything that procs or crowd controls by this point i might as well not try

2/4, pls join

ah okay thats what i figured. i been only playing multi t after using commando a shit ton so i'm still learning a bit on whats important

an user told me to stack up some shades and soldier syringes so thats all i know at this point. i always gnab teddy bears, whatever that item that gives me more charges on M2, and energy/hoof if i can.

otherwise feels like i'm scrounging for anything

>get two syringes and sticky bombs
>80+ minute run confirmed
Yeah man Commando sure does suck

Attached: 1555386640573.png (620x593, 39K)

just so you know
teddies have diminishing returns, someone can post the chart but it pretty much softcaps at ~13 for about 70% chance

why does the crowbar even exist in this game? so many items counter-synergize with it and its not that great on its own

Nigger what? I MAIN Huntress. Her Glaive when stacked with explosives does insane damage and crowd control, throw a stun grenade in there and multiple enemies are biting the fucking dust.
Blink is my only escape from stone titan's eye laser cancer, and the iframes from whatever the bullet rain move is are so useful on Insane difficulty. Git gud

the most i've got to stack was 4 at one point but then i shit the bed eventually because i'm not expecting to be two shotted sometimes.

Why does medkit exist?
Every game like this needs subpar items, otherwise every run will end up exactly the same. Crowbar isn't even the worst item in the game.

you're so trash at the game. Dash around, use your R, use your spin to stay afloat, get some CDR. I've had plenty boss fights where I don't touch the ground after my first jump. The Merc can be so ridiculously strong if you understand how he's supposed to work in a 3D space

Bros, I love this game as well as RoR1
How is this not more popular? muh difficulty should not be the answer

Isn't the game already pretty damn popular though?

its certainly the worst offensive item in the game. I cant think of any other items having their effectiveness hurt by other items simply existing in your inventory.

on that note, i don't hate a game having subpar items but some of this shit is straight useless to the point where its garbage in all stages of the game and that's pretty inexcusable. monster teeth, medkit, bungus, warbanner, rusty key. These items are so useless I would rather get an item that does literally nothing besides prioritize itself for printer consumption. That's pretty inexcusable in a game like this where items are the entirety of your effectiveness.

>an item that does literally nothing besides prioritize itself for printer consumption
dont give hopoo ideas

>Rubbish
>No effect, can be consumed by any printer. 10% (+5) increased likely of being consumed.

how do you do this stupid fucking Gesture of the Drowned unlock?
Half the time i get around to the first level again there are no crabs, the other half of the time they just sit still and refuse to move and shooting them once makes them die

There aren't three threads at a time for it and so far they haven't waifu'd every player, so no I'd say it's not.

are those stls available anywhere?

Well maybe this run can be salvaged after 20 minutes of boss tickling. If only I looked for that gas printer before the teleporter.

Primordial Cube and reset if you don't get Titanic Plains on loop.

Attached: Risk of Rain 2 2019-04-30 11-28-58-69.png (2560x1440, 2.55M)

Crowbar in its current state is theoretically fine, but it needs survivors with high-power weapons like snipers/shotguns to be properly taken advantage of. I'll complain about it if the four survivors are added and can't take advantage of it, but for the time being it's only nice to have one or two as MUL-T/Merc/Artificer.

>Every game like this needs subpar items
I don't agree, I think the game should instead have items that have their uses but aren't uniformly beneficial to each survivor. There should be universally good items like tougher/glasses and then there should be more niche items like bungus/leeching seed. Niche items have the potential to be great in the hands of certain survivors but bad in the hands of others. Right now, medkit and tooth suck dick on everyone. Maybe they'll find a niche once glass is added, until then they're just ass and should never be taken if you see them in a multi-shop terminal.

maybe? nigga you just won

so if I want to get a god run am I supposed to get all of the chests? what do you guys do? I am playing on monsoon. should I just hurry along as quickly as I can and clean up whatever? what about the gold chest? sometimes it just takes too long and spawns aren't coming. I don't feel right leaving it alone though. one time 5 gold chests spawned.

I zipped them up last night, I'm going to dump them on Google drive once I get home from work. I just want to make a quick readme file to explain how much work you'll have to do yourself, and what I used for the couple of parts that weren't printed. It's not ALL stls, the hands, the joints, and the hammer shaft are all sourced elsewhere.

>Haven't waifu'd every character
Motherfucker where have you been, Artificer and huntress have been declared thicc bitches and have been modded to be even thiccer.

that's really cool thanks. I'm guessing you bought the other parts you mean? I really want to make one now.

>bucklers
>quails
>wisps
>bandolier
>20 stickies
great run

>Engineer
>when he's getting cucked out of actually playing the game
Yeah no, enginiggers need to fuck off

Yes, I bought them on eBay, the hands are World War Robot (wwrp) hands, articulated at each knuckle. The joints are several sizes of hobbybase/revoltech joints. The shaft of the hammer is a plastic knitting needles cut down. I'll include measurements of all the parts that aren't printed in the readme.

Attached: Check it out.png (997x684, 47K)

>commando is so pathetically weak
>one of the strongest if not the strongest class in the game
>pathetically weak
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Attached: 1555617845511.jpg (371x353, 13K)

this is definitely the best version so far

half the cast being trash doesnt excuse cuckmandos mediocrity

He's actually great in RoR2 as he has a high rate of fire mixed with a great proc coefficient and plenty of mobility.
He was definitely dog shit in RoR1 though, him and enforcer.

hot take: engie is by far the strongest, but this doesn't mean nerf him, it means buff everyone else

Enemies are never far enough from you at higher difficulties.
Try fighting swarms with the sniper.
The machine gun puts out more dmg.

We get it, you're mad, I've been there before. But trust us when we say Commando is great once you're experienced enough with the game. Unless of course you get nothing but garbage in terms of drops but that applies to every class.

Attached: 1525277177871.jpg (1300x889, 223K)

If you want everyone to be as strong as Engi just play on Drizzle and pretend it's Monsoon.

I said treat it as a double jump. Time tge rain of arrows so that when it is charged, Huntress jumps to avoid stone lasers and great wisp balls. Then use glaive to maintain airtime, leadibg to extra dodge potential. By that time, teleport should be charged to dodge the next batch of nasty projectiles.
You seem to be projecting. I play on Monsoon and regularly double loop. I bet you're the kind of person I have to carry all game.

Nah, just make the game harder, and buff the characters simultaneously. Engie is fun because his kit is fun, not because he's supremely powerful, which he also is.

ROR 1 HOST IN TOWN

Attached: 1556606188135.png (250x400, 8K)

IT WORKS.

get in before i lose my temper

Attached: 1432611406537.jpg (800x793, 188K)

commando is boring even if you get good shit
merc can mitigate bad earlygame with his abilities and his abilities scale with items so none of them lose effectiveness late game

Fuck I'm late

pls post again when your run ends

EU Vanilla
Monsoon

Attached: 1504032902445.jpg (296x328, 25K)

user how much for an oversexualized hunter

Nothing wrong with some characters being stronger than others. This is the case in RoR1 too; it makes it more fun in the long run to have characters that are basically handicaps so skilled players can start using them to challenge themselves.

if everyone was as braindead effective as engie this game would be boring, it needs classes like arti and merc to be difficult so it can actually have some longevity in terms of developing skill

can merc get hit during eviscerate while holding down M1 ? I swear I lost hp twice doing so and it wasn't a dot.

2/4

OPEN JOIN NOW

we just beat prov, move it

Attached: 1434584896617.png (275x142, 15K)

>play Engi first time expecting to be shit.
>reach stage 15 on moonson first try

Items stacking is fucking insane, how much hopoo has smoked to think to adding items on the turrets with no downsides.

>staying parked behind your turrets all game instead of using your mines and everything else
baka

git gud kid

why did you expect engie to be shit? have you not read any posts or threads or any discussion about the game at all? cmon bruh

He's pretty stupid strong with just a couple common items to get the ball rolling. One fungus is enough passive healing to let you not need to worry about your turrets for most of the first loop, an early knife or sticky and two syringes gets you decent damage, and you can just let most of the greens and any of the other commons you're going to get in the meantime steamroll with half decent luck. Special mentions go to ukulele, willowisp, and the wedding rings for clearing mobbed up enemies and every pair of glasses is just giving yourself an easier time.

The best part is that once you get some nice items and a little attack speed your funballs become really good at contributing to the damage since they'll charge up and pop off quickly with plenty of time in between shots to reposition or dodge. When you get used to the arc its good for shooting around cover at larger enemies and giving stone titans the finger. Coming out in a burst makes them pretty consistent in getting some of the lower chance procs to pop and the small aoe of their damage is icing on the cake.

I wish people paid more fucking attention to ease of set up. Retards constantly defend their bad character by acting like a 2-3 stack of five different whites is an easy enough set up, and you'd think they've never fucking touched Mul-T or Engie if they think that shit's an easy set up.

A literal monkey could do well with Mul-T or Engie provided they get even a little luck, and they're so clearly better than other characters, but everyone likes their waifu or the weeb character so much that they sperg out if you so much as suggest that some characters are simply better than others.

At least 400 dollars, if I were to take commissions at all. Between my job, spending time with my wife and dog, and my other hobbies, I'm not really in a place to take on commissions.

at least we can all agree that artificer is absolute shit

Good bait

Anyone else find that after forcing yourself on monsoon to get deicide challenge that rainstorm and drizzle feel like shit to play? Enemies are too slow, they don't track you the same and of course everything ramps up waaay too slow.

It sucks because it takes good/decent rng and some warm-up to get those god runs where drizzle and even rainstorm can get going with trash drops and sleepy playing

also it took me a bit to realize that movement upgrades actually hard translate into legitimate damage reduction/block/even dps rather than just making you feel speedier and cover the map better. Being able to outrun those god damn laser golems is so important. I knew they were good but I never thought how it doesn't just make the game "feel better" but actually translates to a raw increase

Bullshit nigger commando is great. Got gud.

GET IN
2/4

i just unlocked merc after my quickplay party all abandoned me.
what do i build for engi? what can affect his turrets?
also same for merc. he seems fun

Fungus and tougher times. Opinion is also good.

>Enemies are too slow, they don't track you the same and of course everything ramps up waaay too slow.
None of this is true other than difficulty ramping up slower. Drizzle gives the player armor and the difficulty increases slow as fuck, Rainstorm is default, Monsoon has higher difficulty scaling. That's literally it.

And yes, Monsoon is all I can play now, Drizzle/Rainstorm started getting easy and boring right when the fire DoT nerf went live.

3/4

3/4 get in

>what can affect his turrets?

Everything applies to the turrets. Get fungus and stickies.

ah okay nice.
what determines what you put into the printer? is it random?

For now, yes.

why does it feel like wisps can't hit for shit in lower difficulties then, but pinpoint blast you the second you are in range on monsoon regardless of where it is on the difficulty meter?

>engie
fungus, rejuv rack and n'kuhana's opinion (if you have those unlocked, crits, teddies
>merc
syringe, crits, teddies are core
healing (seeds and scythes) will let you facetank shit easier which is fun
bandolier, predatory instincts and berserker's pauldron are fucking god tier pickups
try to grab one or two crowbars so your shift can reliably one shot wisps

Mods only allow twitter screencap threads /pol/ threads and cropped porn threads this is the only thing that is allowed here

Attached: 67bc84e72d7d6dcbb6017870593242ea.gif (250x188, 866K)

okay thank you.

I don't people are offended when you sughest some are better than pthers, but saying that characters like Huntress and Merc and Commando are terrible because there are better charavters to play is just plain wronh.
Yeah, I hate waiting around on stage 1 for enemies to spawn. I like it better when the director can just fire them off from the get go.
Still up?

>everyone praises low damage slow attack huntress
>shits all over high damage boss killing Artificer
What the fuck is wrong with you people? v truly is shit

alright thanks a bunch. i might fuck around with merc in quickplay to get the hang of him but he seems pretty hard to play on paper.

Huntress with a ton of backup mags and on-hit items is a fucking goddess.

>this shit character with a ton of good items is the best

I just don't understand, ANY character with good items is good. Playing Huntress is literally ducking yourself

her single target damage is bad unless you get syringes + crits

HOST OPEN

Attached: 1555825894804.png (436x530, 15K)

It's fun throwing glaives and watching numbers go up.
True.
Based

Join again, got crashed

RIP. Thanks for hosting.

no

Attached: 682dba5aa6caff8dccf21bfa6c8d014a34604189_hq.jpg (630x773, 54K)

>Already started

I had my best run ever yesterday, and I was using Commando. Got to level 21 on monsoon at around the two hour mark, but then my item drop luck wasn’t good enough to keep up with the constantly spawning elite bosses.

Is getting lucky with sticky bombs the only hope you have of killing anything in a reasonable time frame? Also, can Artificer actually do anything against overloading worms, or is that just run over?

mercs not fun at all

Ok, ok, ok.

No mercs...

>Engie is fun because his kit is fun
boy do I love sitting around waiting for my guns to kill everything
so fun!

>ANY character with good items is good.
Whats your particular beef with Huntress then? Its getting a bit ridiculous

OPEN

HAHAHAHA

Attached: Mercenary.png (372x507, 264K)

Yeah, it unironically is
being a camper is fun in any game it's allowed in, why do you think people do it in every game?
>inb4 cause dey bad and me good

teach me please.

Get backup mags

this
the stat imbalances are so fucked that the only good choices are warrior knight and if you want a magic build, deprived

with enough soldier's syringes, every character is viable

Attached: need more speed.png (1920x1080, 2.06M)

what the fuck? once you get past the tutorial and pop a few souls, you should be able to spec into anything
class choice doesn't mean anything unless you're minmaxing, you should always pick what class you want to play for role play purposes

Attached: favoritespray.png (900x717, 714K)

Backup mags for more chances to reset your vertical momentum. You can use your basic attack while sprinting and if you just hold M1 while you use your other abilities you sneak in extra slashes between animations for more damage and chances to proc your items. If you can't kill something big like a golem or a bison in one go of all your skills just back off and hit some little guys while they reset. Every ability pushes you forward at least a small distance so don't be afraid to use all of them just to move around the map or escape, its better to be alive and have to wait 8 seconds to use everything again than to die from being greedy for dps.

U.S. west, boss rush
You don't need to download anything.

Attached: 20190429163608_1.jpg (1920x1080, 395K)

2/4

Raise mouse sensitivity until you can reliably turn 180 degrees for blink spam
use R as burst and as a dodge
you can M1 while sprinting
Jumping M2 is good for focused burst because it doesn't fling you all over the place
You can actually just stand on top of bosses to attack them
Spam M2, Blink and R to navigate the map, he has some of the most forgiving cooldowns
Don't be afraid to go all in but always keep a blink ready

One more

Except Artificer, syringes do nothing for her

>Artificer and huntress have been declared thicc bitches and have been modded to be even thiccer.

WHERE

Compilation of stuff that'll work until the next update:
mega.nz/#F!Q6ZmWKKL!zaIs9k07FDrZi4-FASVMrA

ROR 1 HOST OPEN

Attached: 1550680277647.png (246x349, 6K)

how do i use these

Why does Commando have a Conehead?

Attached: serveimage.png (929x831, 344K)

open???

nope

When you get to a folder that has a resources.assets file and/or a sharedassets file, put them in your risk of rain Data folder

To fit his head

Real answer is, that's the dome helmet I could find on some shitty green lantern corp figure, so I went with it. It's not an exact science, and I based the design on the RoR1 command, whose helmet was less like a fishbowl and more like this.

>great run ended by overloaded greater wisp shooting me through the crates in the snow stage
I thought I was safe, that fucker had to have shot through two walls to get to me. I'm dying to greater wisps so much lately

ok thanks a bunch. might take me a few sessions to click with him and a few more to get some muscle memory going.

open