Now that the dust has settled what does Yea Forums think of this game?

Now that the dust has settled what does Yea Forums think of this game?

Waaay too little content imo

Attached: 88EE02C0-DC33-4EEE-BAC3-371566615F1C.jpg (1200x1600, 482K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T9n0fNnzGcY
youtube.com/watch?v=Ge0oEOymTG0
youtube.com/watch?v=2Y2xxZNIjng
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the zombies are scary

Attached: re2ada.webm (870x720, 2.99M)

The perfect 3rd person horror game

Attached: claire_face_happy.jpg (629x683, 65K)

As a longtime RE fan with the classic RE2 as one of their favorite titles? Fucking stellar. Loved every second of it.

Attached: 1537315245525.jpg (429x112, 19K)

Undeniable proof that games can be kino.

chalk it up to being a shitter, i never claim to be good at video games, ever, but i beat the game and s ranked all my runs that were not blind, ive put well over 70 hours into it if you count my first blind run as leon, followed by the s ranked runs that followed, i have the infinite shiv, the infinite ammo handgun, ect.
it sucks content never made it into the remake from the first re2, but ill admit, its the most fun ive had in a game since alien isolation or prey.

Attached: 1554900388208.gif (350x197, 978K)

It was great. More fun than DMCV and just behind Sekiro for goty.

The difficulty is overhyped by literal fortnite zoomers. You can kill almost every enemy in the game with the ammo you're given.

Yeah the B scenarios kinda suck.
Otherwise I really liked it though I realize I wouldn't have if I had played on standard difficulty.

I enjoyed it. I hope they remake 3 like this.

maybe on Standard you can

>8 bullets in the head to kill a zombie

LOL

I like how you just say a neutral fact, no argument, and just assume it is bad. Classic Yea Forumsermin subhuman.

lmao stay mad u dumb Claire poster, you will never lose your virginity

it makes them more threatening and lets them get back up to jump scare you like this

Attached: door zombie.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

Did you even play the game?

Attached: RE2R.jpg (466x121, 13K)

Is there any difference in, say, Leon B and Leon A (new game)?
Or are there truly 4 different play troughs?

I just did Claire A, and im drowning in uni work, so haven't even played DMC, which I bought...

Basically only the beginning and the end are different in A and B scenarios. Both of them also get a new gun in the B scenario.

biggest differences are between Leon and Claire. B scenarios for both are basically the same game respective to their A route but with slightly different pathing + you get the actual final boss and the full ending.

Personally I prefer playing the B routes for repeat playthroughs since they're faster and are slightly harder with more guns with different ammo for more management + it's the complete story.

Thanks

Thanks

Attached: zombiegirl_08.jpg (1980x1512, 559K)

Never played RE before and got this on recent Steam sale. I really enjoy it, currently at the first Leon playthrough, in the sewers where Ada takes over.

Though I have to admit that the "horror" aspect of the game, where zombies feel like a threat and appear suddenly, fades relatively fast. I'll get hate for this but Mr X also kills the horror feel and just adds an awkward cat and mouse element and some time pressure n exploration.

I preface this post by saying I still thought the game was great

>interaction between Claire and Leon throughout was minimal
>scenarios don't affect eachother which was a huge missed opportunity
>Marshaling Yard completely cut and impact of the transition from the factory down to the laboratories is completely lost just jumping on the new tram, cutting to black and ending up at NEST
>giant plot inconsistency at the very end where Leon AND Claire both fight Birkin for no reason whatsoever
>Sherry's section was awful and only served to remind us about how shitty modern gaming tropes are
>Ada's section wasn't nearly as bad but extremely underwhelming and basically came down to trial and error on hardcore
>Sewer section managed to be even worse than the original game; the gauntlet you have to run to get to the chess pieces is dogshit
>that entire Birkin crate bossfight
>lack of giant Spiders was another missed opportunity that could've added some more verticality to the gameplay loop
>humanoid Ivies are a lot less interesting than those in the original game and they pose zero threat once you realize you can just stunlock them by popping their bulbs and running past them, which gives you zero incentive to burn them/put them down for good
>new OST isn't as good as the original

Just enough content.

It has Claire it is on of the best games ever.

Attached: 20190217215547_1.jpg (1920x1080, 251K)

Sounds about rght

Attached: claire_elevator.jpg (687x684, 80K)

Birkin G5 is the worst boss in the game by a mile, the normal final bosses are much better. I don't like the second handguns as much as the first either. Prefer the A route.

I never expected this game would have so many mods. Glad I didn't get it for PS4

Attached: wet.jpg (1920x1080, 435K)

Yes,
They're working on Resident Evil 3 in the RE engine. Hopefully that doesn't feel like RE2 remake dlc at full price.

>They're working on Resident Evil 3 in the RE engine
source?

Its common sense

Attached: jillvoth_0982341.jpg (1277x2048, 256K)

so was Rockstar porting RDR1 to PC, but that never happened

It doesn't feel finished. Likely got rushed out the door because they were worried about sales after 7.

So why don't Leon and Claire get infected when a zombie bites you? Is there a canon reason?

Quality > Quantity

RE2 is probably the best zombie game ever made.

They like to float back & forth on that, canonically none of the main survivors ever get bitten, and the ones that do have to be cured later in the scenario, but they've also thrown in that the herbs used by the survivors have anti-viral properties.

>Yea Forums hypes up Mr. X
>first playthrough no experience, expect to get assraped
>literally casually walk away from him
>his AI is so bad he'll go in complete opposite directions or get trapped on obstacles or weird loops
>becomes a complete joke once you realize you can bait the punch and step back once

There's so many times I stood in a room waiting for him to come but he never did because he got stuck in some other room even though you could hear the stomping.
Otherwise the game is great.

No, that game was made on a broken unportabke engine

Attached: Jillvoth_talk_A1.webm (576x720, 463K)

This. I don't get why classicfags hated REmake 2, it felt like the perfect reimagining of what classic RE2 might look like had it been made today instead of 20 some years behind us. I still go back and replay the original trilogy once a year and after playing through REmake 2 I get the feeling that I'm going to be adding it to my list of RE titles to replay annually too.
>Waaay too little content imo
Just about as much as classic RE2 had, give or take. If anything my first run through REmake 2 was longer than my first ever run of classic RE2. I think it's in a good place content wise, for a single player game. First A scenario took me about 6 hours, first B scenario took me about 5. Then I sunk another few hours into reruns and ghost survivors.

Wasn't worth the wait, unless you were smart and pirated.

>it felt like the perfect reimagining of what classic RE2 might look like had it been made today instead of 20 some years behind us
they hate today and everything produced today

No. It makes them annoying. Even more annoying with rng. Sometimes their heads pop after 2 shots while others with 12. Even shotgun blast in the head doesnt kill them sometimes

It's really good, but it drops the balls HARD in some big areas that make inferior to the original.
>Ruined Claire's personality
>Ruined Annette's whole character
>The orphanage area was shit
>Ruined Irons creepiest
>Bitchified Irons death
>Honestly Claire's campaign is nowhere as good as Leon's and that's a shame since Claire A is the canon route
>Made Leon more of an asshat in some places
>Completely removed Zapping
>Scenario B feels completely lazy as shit
>continuity between the campaigns makes absolutely no sense.
>No matter the Campaign order, Leon is always meant to fight Mr.X while Claire is always meant to fight William stage 4.

Stop pirating resident evil gsmes

Attached: becca_scold.gif (340x231, 2.66M)

I'm worried they're going to fuck up Nemesis fantastically, he's 95% of what makes re3 so terrifying even to this day. Coming across him for the first time and remembering your previous experience with the tyrants, thinking it'll be easy enough, only for him to fucking SPRINT at you the second the cutscene ends, grabbing you by the throat and chokeslamming you. Getting through the door in the evidence room thinking you've escaped as the previous titles have led you to understand that enemies don't go through the doors, only to hear the door slam when you're out of frame and hearing him sprinting behind you. Sitting in the safe room with no ink ribbon, 12 handgun rounds and a green herb. the usual serene saferoom theme replaced with youtube.com/watch?v=T9n0fNnzGcY , knowing he's out there, waiting, and you have no choice but to face him.

Shit got your heart going, I don't see them getting that right again.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ge0oEOymTG0

Attached: 1556043321060.jpg (402x366, 37K)

>annoying
It builds tension because your ammo is precious (on hardcore) and you can't afford to waste it on killing most of the zombies. By asking for them to be less resilient, you are basically asking that the zombies be complete non-threats (since they are already so slow and easy to get past), and then the game would just be empty with them all dead as you clear every room every time. With how they often get back up after you leave the room, they are almost like Crimson heads and require you to think strategically about which zombies you should fully put down and which are fine to just run past.
Also shotgun to the head kills them every time if you make sure all the pellets connect

Attached: shotgun inf ammo.webm (800x450, 2.99M)

goty 2019

Honestly it’s a fucking 15 hour rush the first time you play it. Probably my game of the year. The game stresses me out too much to do the speed run autistic shit that you guys seem to love.

I feel attracted to her

Attached: 1548831094318.jpg (720x901, 72K)

The game stresses you out until you realize how easy it is to avoid everything. I used to hate trying to meander around zambinos until I discovered how easy it is to just bait them into a stagger forward and go around them

Attached: girls_phone2.jpg (2408x2208, 810K)

You didn't forget about Jill, right?

Attached: 1556547482843m.jpg (441x1024, 35K)

sad truth, also no ex battle with young Chris redfield? Wtf. Still loved the game but it's far from perfect like the first remake

Fucking terrible. Did not balance the game. They gave you the ammo of the original but didnt give you the movement options. In the original you could learn to dodge the zombies and save ammo.

Instead they give you the movement of the the shooter type games of 4 and onward. Effectively destroying your dodging options. The shooter games have less maneurving options but compensated by giving you more ammo. This game gives you the scarce ammo of the original but with the movement option of the shooter REs. On top of that they made the normal basic zombies take an absurd amount of bullets to the head to kill.

Huge oversight in my opinion. They simply remade 2 but dropped you in with the shooter style and did not balance the game around that fact.

I love re and was hyped but i bouht this played it once for maybe a couple hours and have never touched it since. They should have just did a remake like the first. Prerendered graphics done today would have looked phenomenal. Instead it was basic 3d environment that lost all atmosphere. The first remake was intense and immersive oozed atmosphere. This one, the short time i played i was very aware i was controlling a model through an environment of polygons.

And the cherry on the shit cake, the controls were fucking ass. Not tight like 4 or 5 but very clearly used 6 as a template for control and movement. i felt like i was playing just another level of RE6 aka trash.

It was repetitive autist bait after the first playthrough.

learn to dodge, putz.

It's a great game. Claire stole the show and my heart.

Attached: 1551924807553.jpg (480x600, 42K)

the movement is extremely tight, I don't know what you're on about

Attached: hardcore zombies.webm (960x540, 2.98M)

>scary
Only if you are roleplaying as a pussy

She saved resident evil and capcom in one fell swoop

Attached: claire_face_phone.jpg (1077x1080, 145K)

>Even shotgun blast in the head doesnt kill them sometimes
youtube.com/watch?v=2Y2xxZNIjng

Claire is wonderful.

Attached: 1555217051069.jpg (736x736, 33K)

Attached: zombie juke.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

I think it was pretty good but I'm pissed as fuck that the marshaling yard area wasn't included. It was one of my top favorites and it served as a tie between Re2 and Re0.

Attached: re0marshalling-yard.jpg (1280x720, 602K)

Attached: bright claire.jpg (1920x1080, 256K)

The gunplay has to be one of the worst in any RE game. The weapons have literally no recoil and sound like ass.

Pretty good RE7 DLC. Why did Capcom charge so much for it though?

Attached: 20190303011520_1.jpg (1080x1080, 436K)

Dumbass that's part of the challenge, you use stagger to run past, or bait them into grab, you probably didn't even play hardcore you absolute shitter.

If your first playthrough was anything but Hard you are missing the best experience

Mine was and it trolled me to no end, but I'm still glad I didn't do standard first. It's a joke

I’d never played Resident Evil before and I’m glad I played Standard the first time. The game has a learning curve, and it’s much more unforgiving on hardcore. I loved it either way. It feels like fewer games lately actually challenge the player and reward paying attention.

Attached: claire_breed5.jpg (580x875, 83K)

Inferior to the original in almost every way.

Still the best game Capcom has made in 17 years

It’s a shame that the first level, the RPD, is the best.

The lab felt like a missed opportunity to have another large, non-linear area, but maybe that would’ve fucked the pacing since it’s the last level. I dunno.

based