SEGA refocuses on existing IPs, promises more PC ports

>PC gaming also did quite well throughout FY2018 thanks to big games like Yakuza 0 and Yakuza Kiwami coming to the platform, and SEGA sees big opportunities for increased earnings. SEGA has plans to keep porting games over to PC storefronts like Steam in a bid to maximize reach, exposure, and sales across all gaming segments.
>PS4 exclusivity will continue breaking down as SEGA adopts this multi-platform approach. The publisher affirms its new games will come to all systems, from PC to mobile and even next-gen consoles like the PlayStation 5.
>It also plans to revive dormant IPs and fan-favorite content while launching special re-releases like the SEGA Genesis Mini.
>Retail packaged games are also a part of this plan, particularly games brought overseas to North America. SEGA enjoyed strong packaged sales in FY2018 despite a good portion of gamers moving towards digital

tweaktown.com/news/65722/sega-refocuses-existing-ips-promises-more-pc-ports/index.html

Attached: v05vZ5u.png (923x501, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K1NEc3Ie4Pg
polygon.com/2018/12/10/18134847/panzer-dragoon-remake-sega-release-date-forever-entertainment
segasammy.co.jp/english/ir/library/pdf/settlement/2019/201903_4q_siryo_2019426_final_e.pdf
yuzu-emu.org/
store.steampowered.com/app/779340
store.steampowered.com/app/872790
steamcommunity.com/games/893180/announcements/detail/1642034851133112080
youtube.com/watch?v=FvvZaBf9QQI
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=674874709
kemono-friends.sega.jp/
youtube.com/watch?v=nWbVt_IrI2o
youtube.com/watch?v=vZOD2tPxZ-8
s.famitsu.com/news/201806/11158825.html
bcnretail.com/market/detail/20180420_58606.html
youtu.be/gqWec727d_o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Before faggots start with the Persona 5 shitposting. What are even some good SEGA games people want on PC that are not Persona?

Attached: 1492817409318.jpg (988x1026, 168K)

Just put jtrf in PC already and monkey ball

Never played it but Jet Set Radio Future is one I always see asked for. Miku, Judgement and the rest of the Yakuza series would be good too.

NiGHTS Journey of Dreams without waggle

Sakura Wars was more recent so that's what I thought of until I saw the image and your post and now I wonder if I should get out of the thread, and the first reply to your post are the only ones I can think of that's actually plausible
PSO2 Steam release when?
this thread is going to shit anyways so I might as well as say Bayonetta 2 and 3

Jet Set Radio

bayo 2 and 3 are nintendo, not sega.

>SEGA has the Kemono Friends IP
What kind of game would be best suited for it?

I know they can be emulated, but I would still buy games from the Panzer Dragoon series.

>storefronts like Steam
P5 is going to be EPIC

I'd like port's of the crappier Sonic games just for novelties sake. Sonic 06 and Unleashed might be fun to fuck around in. Or if they really wanted to go the extra mile Sonic R could be fun.

Attached: 1555080830790.png (860x723, 874K)

give me anarchy reigns you lazy fucks

is it really sega or just sega eu branch?
unless the hq actually starts caring about pc just like every other jp company we will continue on getting delayed ports

>What are even some good SEGA games people want on PC that are not Persona?
SMT

>SMT V isn't in the list
Fucking Persona killed it

Tycoon

>Porting games to PC aka the Pirate Cave
It's like Sega doesn't want to earn money.

A new Outrun

Either give me a new phantasy star mainline game or actually port pso2 reee

SMT is just a small handheld spinoff

I was never really into SEGA growing up, but they've been incredible this last decade.

I long for the day I can play Anarchy Reigns on my pc with a stable framerate with my friends in mad survival and just for ONE more full room of deathball (extreme football)

>PS4 exclusivity will continue breaking down
OH NO NO NO NO NO!
SNOY BTFO!
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHA

It's sega of Europe but the higher ups are extremely happy with the pc releases sales so far so ongoing they will probably approve more ports. It's a matter of time at this point.

OutRun 2 SP
Daytona USA
SCUD Race
Sega Rally
Virtual-On
Crazy Taxi 2
More Typing of the Dead

As a Nintendo fag I feel its only fair that bayo 2 be ported to pc once bayo 4 comes out.

So? There will always be people that buy it on pc, by that logic there will always be profit even if many people pirate the games.

Xcucks need not apply hahahahaha

Bayonetta 2 will never be ported because it's a Nintendo game, like Bloodborne and Sony.

where the fuck is my shining force revival

Persona is already on PC. You can emulate it so well that Atlus filed a takedown notice against the devs because the compatibility made Atlus SEETHE.

>p-p-p-persona 5!!
persona is an atlus game, not a sega game
>b-b-but sega owns atlus
sega is letting atlus do what they want since atlus makes profit
they're not going to force atlus to port their games to pc

here's your daytona USA bro
youtube.com/watch?v=K1NEc3Ie4Pg

I'm sorry sonybro but PC is at this point more profitable than PS4 and them breaking PS4 exclusivity down pretty much proves this. The only exclusives you'll have are the ones made by Sony and even then it's not assured they'll be exclusives just like with David Cage kino and Death Stranding.

yeah it's been a while since resonance, we need another shining game. What's tony doing these days?

Oh boy here I go
>Jet Set Future
>Sega Rally, Sega Rally 06, Daytona USA, Daytona 2, Daytona 2001, Scud Race
>Initial fucking D (all of them already run on PC based arcade hardware)
>PSO2 properly in the west
>Sakura Wars 1-5 in english, + the new one
>New ports of Panzer Dragoon 1/2/Saga/Orta
>All Virtua Cop. Virtua Cop 3 still arcade exclusive hurt
>Border Break. It's still a nip PS4 and arcade exclusive
>Index Virtual On is still not even in the west, much less on PC
>You can't buy Afterburner Climax anymore. This need to be fixed, and on PC
>Mordern ports of the Shinobi
>SMT4 and 5
>Valkyria 3 alone deserves a full remake and release on PC
>Those missing samurai Yakuza games, where are they
I'm definitly forgetting a bunch

Attached: 1528345515845.jpg (349x324, 13K)

Just give me New Sakura Wars port and translate 1-4.

>automatic
>zero finesse when steering
Yikes

>pedofurweebshit and friends

Did you not see the article or op's pic. Sega literally owns the IP. Whether atlus likes it or not, it's coming.

Not an expert on sanec, but wouldn't you be able to emulate those games by now?

>translate 1-4.
That would be a massive undertaking

>they're not going to force atlus to port their games to pc
No but they have already done it behind their back.

I want yakuza dead souls on pc pls.

I feel like some random Yakuza game has just as much text

Sega wants to maximize profits and cutting out exclusives is a surefire way to do so
There's no need to get atlus to make a port when they can hire another team to do it, something that is common practice for pc ports

It might not happen now, or next year, hell P5 pc may never happen, but I have 100% confidence that persona 6 will be multiplatform.

>t. console war retard
Imagine being a company's bitch this much

Attached: 1555071400766.gif (700x704, 295K)

Current gen is on life-support right now. Of course now is the time to port everything to PC that sold well on consoles.

E3 is in six (6) weeks.

Attached: 1351474300078.png (560x407, 12K)

>wegame
That's the chinese tencent launcher.

The actual important information is that mobile gaming is less and less profitable for these big Japanese companies while traditional console/PC games are a tried-and-true business that is flourishing thanks to the current gen being a success
It looks like the Dark Age of Japanese gaming is a distant memory now

Attached: 1508975965664.jpg (736x525, 107K)

>persona 6 will be multiplatform.
How else are they gonna avoid the Snoy censorship? I think the Persona team is in for a very bad surprise when they'll need to wrap up Royal

>Persona 4 Golden
>Jet Set Radio Future
>Sonic Colors
>Sonic Unleashed
>Bayonetta 2
>The Project Diva games

God I hate this image.

Who's the guy between 2B and Link?

The guy from nioh

Badly, anyway. Also, the benefit is that since the 360 and PS3 are a generation old, the average laptop of today should be capable of running these games if you weren't relying on emulation.

Also, just care about JSRF and PSO2. Also, bring back Nights in some way without the Disney + Wiimote crap that was the Wii one. Nights into Dreams is still fun, but they already did an HD remaster. Maybe a new Nights game is in order?

Also, PS I don't hate the Wii, I just disliked Nights Journey of Dreams.

Dreamcast 2 when
Snoy is dead

Nioh dude ?

>mobile gaming less and less profitable
as much as I want that to be true how do you even gather that from this report, like in the actual report foreign mobile markets are still growing, it's only the domestic one that's shrinking

>Maybe a new Nights game is in order?
We'll never get a new NiGHTS game until Sega grows a brain or Iizuka gets kicked from Sonic Team.

SEGA gib me Panzer Dragoon PC ports plox.

>everyone is a ps4 title game or pc game
>geralt from nioh
>joker
>2b
>kat
>yakuza bois
>beseria lady
>link is the only Nintendo character in the picture
What the hell is this image?

It's geralt, dumbo

could they move some of their aldready existing pc ports to gog?

Attached: 1535953815265.jpg (543x549, 41K)

I'm sure the investors will be happy.
Anyone who thinks any of this is being done for the sake of games in general is retarded.
Sega can go suck a bag of dicks.

It just shows that 2017 was a great year for Japanese games, regardless of platforms

Attached: 1507616097933.jpg (3140x3006, 2.85M)

Suddenly a communist

polygon.com/2018/12/10/18134847/panzer-dragoon-remake-sega-release-date-forever-entertainment
Prepare for the monkey paw

JET SET RADIO. Please let Naganuma work on it because the man refuses to ever stop talking about the series.

It will NEVER happen. Jeez get over it already you fat fuck.

Salty snoyfag

You can emulate them sure but the key point is they're crappy Sonic games. I'd gladly pay SEGA $10 on sale to play one of those easily, but go to the hassle of setting up an emulator to play Sonic 06? Fuck that.
If I'm setting up a more complex emulator I'm going to play an actual good game with it like Persona 5.

Attached: 1554901436515.png (476x650, 381K)

>WeGame
That's Tencent's launcher right, so they are cutting the middleman and not using EGS?

Virtua fighter 5

it demonstrates the strong line up of japanese games in early 2017
nioh, nier, yakuza, zelda, persona, gravity rush and tales (last two are shit but hey)
a 2019 version would have re2, sekiro, dmc, ace combat (not sure how that would be drawn) and kh3

understanding corporations aren't your friend makes you a communist. Good one.
What the fuck kind of comparison is that? Sega and Sony?
You can't really be that retarded.

If you know that much you should also know that EGS isn't available in China in the first place, as much as I hate chinks that is a stupid post

Skies of Arcadia/Legends
Virtual On
Sakura Wars (the new one has a chance but the older ones never ever, at least in Eng)

Still no phantasy star outside Japan

Still no care

Iizuka wants to make a new Nights, though. And Shun Nakamura wanted to make a new Samba de Amigo.

Everyone understands that, your dumb statement was dumb

>Persona 5
>not even just Persona or SMT
so thats how it is today

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 17K)

Do tell, what witcher game released in 2017?

>I was just pretending to be retarded
Fuck off, retard. Your shithole statement made everyone dumber.

Ok brb just gotta noose myself real quick.

I found it's funny that publisher bragging about "new audience" on EGS and ignoring that some country cant use EGS at all, making it lost a chunk of consumer already

They addressed this question once.
If they begin a production of a new console they would end bankrupt before releasing a single unit out.

They said somewhere in the report that they launched 8 mobile games instead of the 12 that were scheduled, and for the next year they are releasing even less mobile games (6) because the mobile division is bleeding money
Meanwhile they are doubling down in console/PC games because it actually works
The fact that the nex Sakura Wars is an actual sequel on PS4 with a western release already announced is pretty telling, a few years back every old Japanese IP was being made into a mobile (Valkyrie Profile, Arc the Lad, etc)

Attached: 1554416062793.jpg (1334x959, 401K)

Japanese mobile games oddly enough never target world wide release or localization. If what you mean is that mobile gaming is dropping in popularity in Japan, that explains it. And when stuff targets world wide release there's often a catch like "look at this unapologetically crap monetization model" or "here's the worse version".

Attached: 1547046365226.jpg (1199x412, 114K)

Don't you know that Persona started with 5?

Calm yo tits, you're taking it to personnal.

I can forsee a future where "Persona began with 3" becomes "Persona 5 is the only Persona game".

Attached: 1553349338269.jpg (481x700, 61K)

>Sakura Wars 1-5 in english, + the new one
impossible, but i want to believe

Hasn't Sega Europe been doing all the PC ports? Surely they'd just get them to do it.

New fighting vipers would be nice.

>SEGA refocuses on existing IPs, promises more PC ports
Yes 5 years ago

Does Sega have enough ips to make its own smash bros? Maybe with some guest characters

>being a pc guy
>company wars
are you unironically retarded?

You realize you can host your product on competing stores right?

If you want your computer to explode while emulating unleashed, then sure

To be honest I'm just glad the game looks great and is already confirmed translated.

Reminder that the ONLY Sega games that exist are Sonic, Persona, and Yakuza. EVERYTHING else is irrevelant trash that will never get the time of day.

I'd like to see super monkey ball deluxe get a pc port, or at least one on modern systems

It might actually be cool to see sekiro man, Dante, nero, Leon and Claire as well as sora doing a stupid selfie together, especially seeing trigger in his generic pilot outfit. Also like the fact that most of these are on PC, where the duck is KH on pc square?

So OP makes a shitty ass pic and that makes this legit? Persona 5 is coming to PC? Fuck yeah cunts!

Attached: Bro 6.png (1280x488, 161K)

I guess its our time to get buttblasted when Sega doesnt announce P5 at E3

If there's 2+ characters per franchise like the actual series then absolutely

Attached: 1553900930380.png (3200x2400, 3.75M)

>Kemono Friends

Excited!

Attached: 3C368F64-FB9F-47D2-BD47-8B857935D54A.jpg (1100x778, 151K)

Well, if Atlus still stubbornigly refuses to port P3FES and P4Golden to the newer systems instead of keeping them on PS3/Vita then it's basically their fault
The reason why older Final Fantasy are still relevant after twenty years is because Square releases them on every new system to keep them on the mind of people

>Recently Sega EU pushed for more PC ports
>PC DID get more PC ports

Definitely enough to do something like a capcom vs sega game. Holy shit someone fund this.

Yeah but they're definitely going harder on it now.
Last E3 they revealed the PC ports for Yakuza and by the time it rolls around this year they'll have 3 Yakuza games on Steam.
Persona 5 is a pretty inevitable reveal this E3 unless Atlus is really playing hard ball.

segasammy.co.jp/english/ir/library/pdf/settlement/2019/201903_4q_siryo_2019426_final_e.pdf

page 41

You guys sound like the Nintendo people that just recently got ass blasted. E3 will be glorious either way. Because either way I win and get to laugh!

How can Atlus refuse if it’s literal master orders them to port p5 to pc?

I'm pretty sure the problem with jet set radio future is the sound track, they dont have the rights the music anymore but they dont want release the game with a different soundtrack because the music was a big point of the game.

Why do people care about persona so fucking much, it's just a gay ass Japanese high school life simulator

unless they announce any form of phantasy star for the fucking WEST or a skies of arcadia remake/reboot/anything, i don't give 2 fucks about sega

the chart is pretty hard to read but mobile markets are still ridiculously large and growing, I fear that they're simply trying to figure out how to get into overseas markets, it does say that one of the reasons why they're bleeding money over there is because of even more competition (probably Nintendo), so the other companies are still trying to chase the rainbow
just port the Dengeki Bunko fighting game

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-30-19-50-45-872_com.google.android.apps.docs.png (1080x1920, 424K)

Attached: 1551552257367.png (800x409, 538K)

That literally just says ports will happen but that those ips are their main force not that anything is confirmed.

I still wish that Square Enix would just close the loop on Final Fantasy games on Steam already. You can play every mainline Final Fantasy game on Steam except for 1 and 2.
I know those aren't amazing games but it really irks the completionist in me. Plus after that maybe they could give a port of Tactics. Don't get me wrong, I love my Disgaea but I'd still like a taste of Tactics.

Attached: 1556172044764.gif (540x540, 2.22M)

Because persona 5 was the first time a lot of anons had highschool friends and gfs. It's a social simulator for autists.

Pc has no games! No games!

>you will never be a market analyst

Attached: 1531929399141.jpg (970x990, 99K)

So P5 is basically confirmed for PC?

I'm not sure what you're trying to say, the post I was replying to seems like a typical "haha fuck chinks" post that doesn't actually realize how chinks operate
It took me too long to get the joke, I'm sorry

Sonic R already has a working PC port tho. still want 06 and Unleashed tho

Not gonna lie, I wouldn't mind if it was just Persona 5S on PC.
We can already emulate the actual game unlike the Nintendo people.

>It also plans to revive dormant IPs and fan-favorite content
>Retail packaged games are also a part of this plan, particularly games brought overseas to North America.
Absolutely based. More physical releases for all platforms for IPs we love sounds good to me.
But this is probably just PR shit. Look at Sakura Taisen. Still PS4 exclusive

>that first release that started it all
>VC 1 on pc that sold a whopping 1 MILLION copies
>highers up saw the success and approved more ports
>then bayonetta gets released
>then vanquish
>the holy shit e3 moment when yakuza 0 was announced for pc
>vc 4 also for pc
>puyo puyo tetris release a bit after
>and now Catherine classic the first atlus game on pc

Attached: 1556199664556m.jpg (1024x557, 53K)

Sega's coming back bitches

No it is just a chart showing what their main ips are and what their platforms are. Like Total War being on steam. P5 being on (current) systems ect. No mention of VC4 since nobody touched it though lol. Can't wait til e3!

>Consolewars shitposting
>Portbegging
>Smash rosterposting
>Controversies up the asses
>"Retarded"
>"Transphobic"
Atlus is attracting so much shit currently, I don't even understand

Attached: c-T9aRjI4pmwvA_rdbWLh2GcXKzt7cExyVBPqfA9flM.jpg (640x763, 181K)

Don't forget it was the first game in the series to do it in style. Normalfags didn't really give a shit about the series prior

VC4 didn't even sell 1 million across all platforms though.

I just want to play Shin Megami Tensei 5 on something other than the Switch.

From what Atlus recently said, even they would like to develop it on something other than the Switch

yuzu-emu.org/

Sonic R's PC port is a little broken. DInput only, requires CD for music to play. It can be modded to work, and fans did it without true source code access. But Sonic R by itself? Nah, just make another Gems Collection.

I get the sense that even though SEGA owns them, they still respect their autonomy and the choices they make regarding games.
If it was entirely up to SEGA I'm sure we would have seen ports of SMT mainline or spinoff games within three months of the merger.

I think Sega just lets Atlus do whatever it wants as long as they keep bringing in cash. They haven't been too keen on PC after seeing Catherine on steam nothing seems completely off the table

>PS4 exclusivity will continue breaking down as SEGA adopts this multi-platform approach
This would apply to Atlus, but apparently they operate on their own. I do wish they embraced multiplatform.

Same

Attached: u1M1KOu.png (953x494, 1.01M)

Yeah! I'd have to blame it on sega not marketing the game enough and not making the game look unique enough even thought the game is genuinely good. The yakuza pc reveal pretty much took all the attention away from vc 4 as well.

NINE DOLLARY DOOS FOR CHOW MEIN?

Attached: 1527313920685.png (929x700, 522K)

Attached: 1547947674690.jpg (647x756, 52K)

This is nice, hopefully it means a chance for the smaller forgotten IPs to make a comeback.

Bayo 2 and 3 belongs to both Sega and Nintendo, but you're accurate at saying these two games most likely will never be released on non-Nintendo platforms

I think the Catherine PC port shows they're warming up to the idea. It was kind of a dick move that it was only the base version when Full Body was so close but I think that shows there's a good chance for base Persona 5.

After Burner Climax

youre not just paying for the ingredients cunt,

I want another 7th Dragon game
Miku on PC and I never have to fuck with consoles again since SMT5 is fucking dead

>They port Persona 5 Classic to PC a few months before Royal

Attached: h4545ju.jpg (512x384, 32K)

Would that even be bad? If the Royal edition goes in the different story direction id rather get the original first.

They did it with Catherine.

>on ps4

Waiting for snoy censorship

Royal just seems like what the OG game was gonna be though. Considering they took out a chunk of the the base game since it was "too long". But they did this to sell another version with 3 more hours as a new game full price because faggots will buy it.

Kinda disappointing only 2 others mentioned Anarchy Reigns.

I want that shit

Give me a fucking Skies of Arcadia game or I'll crash an airship into Sega HQ

I think SEGA thinks that full price games sell badly (see VC4) which is why PC only got base Catherine because it's cheaper, they already dropped Kiwami 2 to 30 USD on PC even if it only released last year for the West and it's still 50 dollars on PS4
which is why this is actually kind of likely

Catherine is how old though user?

Fes was gay
Golden was gay, Marie is super gay
SMT4: Apoc was epic

who knows
idc i just want p5

I'M GOIN NUTS

there enough people to buy these games ...

>get hopes up
>pc gets musou game port
lol

Not exactly, Persona 5 is the game they wanted to make, sure there was cut content, like all games, but Royal, like Golden is made by the B-team, while the main team is working on the likes of Persona 6 & SMTV

Not saying Royal won't be the best version, but i don't think they ever planned the new red headed chick, Haru came in so late to the game because they didn't want the game to be a harem

WHERE THE FUCK IS SHINING FORCE 4?

CASHEWS
HIT 'EM WITH THE COMBOS LIKE FAST FOODS

Attached: Anarchy_Reigns_-_Mathilda.png (653x800, 1.24M)

>(the new one has a chance but the older ones never ever, at least in Eng)

Attached: 1451769263658.png (472x419, 460K)

>I think SEGA thinks that full price games sell badly
store.steampowered.com/app/779340
store.steampowered.com/app/872790

It will be on PC anyway

>tfw no Shining Force 2 HD
>tfw all the untranslated Shining games on Saturn will never be translated
>tfw no Shining Soul 3

You got Shining Resonance and you'll like it

European people love soccer and pc only fags love "strategy" games. So yeah.

>Persona
>not based Raidou games
you guys are hopeless

Attached: Raidou_Kuzunoha_render.png (2608x3774, 2.15M)

Fuck off Tony. Never touch Shining again.

I hadn't realized it's the B team working on it.
I'll be honest, I've been anticipating the Green or Purple Persona 6 since I saw Persona 5. Don't care much for Red.

>new Jet Set is on the table
>same with crazy taxi
>same with NiGHT's that hopefully won't be half assed waggle shit with levels being unfinished again.
Today is a wonderful day.

>Bayonetta 2
Co-owned by Nintendo, not happening unless Nintendo agrees with it

I want Persona Beige or Shit color.

Wait a minute, I thought Kadokawa had the IP. There's no way SEGA has more money than Kadokawa. Did Kadokawa sell it after s2?

Fever 2 when?

Attached: questionmark.png (224x224, 28K)

Fuck you SEGA, I want my Universe at War 2.

does catherine still run at 30 fps? I remember that they said they were going to fix that

>TFW Sega of America could have lead the company into the 21st century and kept them on top until today, but Sega of Japan decided to ruin everything, and now the company realises how valuable the western markets are.

I bet the nips still think they were right to fuck over Bernie in the mid-90s.

Latest update kinda fixed it, Not really sure but its definitely feels smoother.

steamcommunity.com/games/893180/announcements/detail/1642034851133112080

Sonic unleashed daytime levels were pretty fun

If persona does go to PC it just means I won't pay for them anymore.

let's hope SEGA won't cuck out like Spike Chunsoft did

Sonic Unleashed and a 06 with fixed bugs
Shadow, Colors and Storybook games would be good too

Offline Phantasy Star

Specifically, a real continuation of the first 4 games, not the trash that came after

How much money does it cost for devs to port to PC? If it's easy I don't know why they don't do it. There are tons of steam moralfags who don't pirate.

It's easy now that consoles are just reskinned PCs

does it still run at 30 then?

>no A Hat in Time or RUINER

youtube.com/watch?v=FvvZaBf9QQI
>Sega is ba-

Didn't Naganuma make most of the music anyway

Yes but it's interpolate now so it's smoother now even if the animation runs at 30 fps when the game runs at 60 fps or more.

Most of the 30 fps locked stuff is from when the original game wasn't even thinking going above 30 fps on original ps3.

Just bring Persona games to PC already you faggots

Licensing fees are still expensive but overall it's pretty easy to port between ps4, Xbox One, and PC depending on how big the game is. Something like Halo MCC or batman requires a bit more time though but for the most part it's pretty easy.

Attached: 1556372600191.jpg (1048x1200, 88K)

I'm still mixed on Bernie Stollard. He was right in that the market in the West didn't really want Japanese games in like 1996, but if he had pushed Panzer Dragoon Saga while FF7 was dominating the market, I think they could have recouped some money

>RUINER
I thought the game looked cool in trailers but then I played an hour of it, got bored and never picked it up again.

Hat in Time is hella dope though.

Gimme Burning Rangers with online coop

The moment P5R comes out you won't be able to emulate shit you fucking nigger since it's PS4 exclusive. Start thinking long-term, native ports will be much better than emulation.

>the market in the West didn't really want Japanese games in like 1996
>Ridge Racer, Tekken, Toshinden doing Iron Man numbers on Playstation
>Time Crisis and DDR doing Iron Man numbers in the arcade
The late 90s were THE time to sell Japanese games in the west.

>racing game, genre popular in the West already
>fighting games, genre popular in the West already
>arcade hallway shooter, something existing since the 80s
>innovative music game, first of its kind

None of these are distinctly Japanese though

Let me clarify; they didn't want JRPGs and 2D games from Japan at all

How is Valkyria Chronicles 4? Any mods I need to get on PC?

They'll announce Shin Sakura for PC at E3. They did the same with VC4 and many more PC players watch E3 than Sega FES.

I'd argue that these were very Japanese examples of those genres, with anime style visuals and plot, though I get your point about them except DDR, since bemani was quintessentially Japanese until Guitar Hero.
Fair, although I believe Raiden did alright on PS1 at launch?

so where's the skies of arcadia HD port or that PSO remake in UE4

He obviously meant Japanese games

Sure, I'll grant you that.
One note, though. BEMANI is a brand name of a particular line of music games. Guitar Hero is a separate brand, and is not BEMANI.
People already knew shmups since they've been around for years already with little alteration. No one was drawn to them because they were especially Japanese unless you were playing Parodius or something

Show me where I said it was or I thought it was coming to PC you fucking gibbering retard. Go on.

TFW you realize a Sega Rally 3 exist and it's arcade exclusive
I thought it was just Sega Rally Revo in arcade but apparently the gameplay is different
Can anyone confirm? You can "emulate" the game with Teknoparot, but I don't have time to try it myself right now

Attached: 1554442725215.png (265x374, 294K)

JET SET RADIO FUTURE HD PLEASE

Big the Cat, make a game featuring Big the Cat. Did you know he has over 1000 secret techniques to beat dr robotnik?

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=674874709

Attached: 1556143266735.jpg (1366x822, 84K)

What about all them?

I would like to see some of their arcade games that never got a proper home port like Scud Race or Dolphin Blue.

>missing sonic console exclusives
>missing house of the dead games
>missing game gear classics
>missing sega master system classics
>missing sega cd classics
>missing 32x classics
>missing a fuckton of sega saturn jap games
>missing dreamcast exclusives
wew, a lot of games coming to Steam and I'll buy them all with a big fuckin' smile on my face

Eat shit, epic.

we need all of the scenarios officially translated, hard copied with a letter in which is written "here's your full game, we're sorry for the wait, please undersand" on it.

SEGA Forever (missing all of those games)

SHINING 4CE

>Porting games to a platform that pirates are around like meat and blood in a pool of sharks

>Sega redemption arc
What the fuck is going on?

Megaten on PC please, god.

I can already picture the future P5 port

>Base version with no extras or DLC
>Crashes on start up
>Audio glitches
>Only supports 16x9 resolutions and only up to 4k
>Mix of 30 fps and 60 fps
>Random stutter unless you're on a supercomputer
>They'll finally patch it 6 months later

They translated and ported Shin Megami Tensei 2 for the GBA to iOS years ago.

If you don't own a Nintendo or Sony console from the past 15 years, then you're SOL

Truly the pinnacle of gaming.

>English only voices
>"Soundtrack sampler" with 5 songs as a preorder incentive
>Full price

I wish so, but the shareholders & BODs of Sega don't like 'no-drm.' It takes awhile to educate them. :S
For now, I am using GOG and Steam to play the games.

Holy fucking I'm tearing up at this list.
PLEASE SEGA HEAR OUR CRIES

I know a lot of people want platinum to do it but fuck it, if this can get us raidou 3 I'm down for it.

Attached: Atlus x KT.jpg (1920x1044, 64K)

JSRF never due to latch bros rights

I expect a P4G announcement at E3

Jet Set Radio Future, Valk Chron 2-3, Persona 3, Persona 4, Persona 2 duology, Persona 5, SMT: Nocturne. Etc.

I become somewhat sega guy solely because of miku games.

PS4 emulation is already happening friend. If companies don't think long term, we'll think long term for them.

>Catherine on steam nothing seems completely off the table
source?
There is a good explanation about it. They want Catherine Full Body, not current one.

>no DRM-free releases
What a pity.

They only picked Catherine Classic to go for a lower price point. They'll port Full Body in a year and charge $40

This. The only reason I didn't buy Valkyria Chronicles 4 was because of denuvo.

UNLEASHED PC WHEN

Shinning Force III for christ sake

Its Unreal Engine user, be careful what you wish for

Personas would be awesome... is modding was possible.

Give me fucking Yakuza, SMT, and Dragon's Crown on xbox. Thats all I want. That's all I've ever wanted.

Attached: 1458109662764s.jpg (226x250, 8K)

Crazy Taxi 2 & 3 re-release/remaster
Please SEGA

Sonic Unleashed Remastered please

Remakes of the first four would be nice. I know there were PS2 ports of 1 and 2 but those were a bit meh.

Does not sega makes those fate and kancolle arcade games?
might be cool

Attached: 1534692145112.jpg (674x1200, 79K)

lol

Afterburner Climax on PC and Switch. I'd legit buy it twice and I already bought it on PS3 years ago. Also Afterburner II with all the bonus features of the 3DS version.

AB Climax mobile got rereleased 3 weeks ago as part of SEGA Forever, with a new 4th plane. That's a good sign. It's also free with ads and $2 to be adless which is less than I paid for the console version.

Attached: 1556551050028.png (989x793, 425K)

New NiGHTS please. And Vectorman. And Ecco.

That new Sakura Wars game looks pretty neat. I'd like it on xbone too just to be safe, in case Sony censors something

Ah ha ha ha, no. It probably won't even leave Japan, and the Xbone is deader than Elvis over there.

What's so difficult to understand about the term "External IPs"

I WANT MAD WORLD

Attached: 1544149954644.jpg (1920x1080, 187K)

I wonder if SEGA could ever make a return as a hardware company if these games turn enough of a profit.

"Existing IPS, remasters, revivals"

they have almost nothing that anybody below the age of 30 / 40+ cares about.

Sad irrelevant trash company that milked Sonic out like a cheap whore, disregarded all their other IPs, and now has nothing.

I know it sold like shit but a madworld sequel would be dope

gimme muh mainline SMT

There's a pretty good chance it'll leave Japan, there's no way a game that has such nice graphics isn't going to. lol

Why do you want something that's easily emulated?

Attached: 1379054506067.jpg (234x234, 14K)

What I want most, aside from maybe some sort of VF collection, and Taxman's Sonic 1 & 2 remasters, is for M2 to start releasing their Ages line on PC.

But I'd be down for pretty much everything else, and there's already more games on Steam that I'd buy if they removed Denuvo (VC4, PPT, TSR).

If they bring an IP back and it's a good game the younger crowd will look into the old stuff and become fans retroactively. See:Mario

That's a huge jump. Genesis Mini is the most they'll do. Maybe minis for other systems like Dreamcast and the Genesis add-ons,Master System and Saturn if we're lucky.

M2 does nothing special, most of the time they just lift emulator code that is open source then hide behind their little brand and pretend that what they're doing is hot shit.

It was confirmed for the West the moment they announced it you fucking retards.

Guess the Sega Mini is meant to raise awareness of them. Hopefully.

Yeah, they did. Multiple times. The All-Star series. And they still had gaps in their their roster for the sake of developer convenience. There's a reason they're one of the companies involved in ProjectxZone

I wish SEGA handed over Streets of Rage to the team responsible for Streets of Rage Remake just like they handed over Mania

Neat. Probably not on Xbone though.

They might regret that now since Mania, but at least SoR4 looks solid.

>valkyria chronicles not in the existing IPs

Attached: 1532308388308.jpg (2335x2507, 685K)

Almost definitely PS4/PC only.

Give me a new JSR you fuckers it’s been so long

>Revived IPs
>Sakura Wars

Holy fuck, what?!

Attached: 250.png (540x307, 157K)

Shhh, it's not all of their IPs, Puyo Puyo isn't there either and we know for a fact that isn't done, don't lose faith yet

You live under a rock? There was a PV a while back

until 1997
lol

There was?
I guess I was under a rock

If you're using a modern third-party engine like unity or UE4 it's almost a one-button process.

see

I doubt it's the soundtrack.
If I had to guess - they just lost the source code like most jap devs at the time did.

Pretty much all their 6th gen games that aren't yet on PC. (PS2 Shinobi, Nightshade, Jet Set Radio Future, Panzer Dragoon Orta, GunValkyrie, Otogi, Super Monkey Ball Deluxe)
Pretty much all their Saturn games (hopefully they localize all the Japan only stuff like the old Sakura Wars games and Wachenroder)
After Burner Climax
House of the Dead 4
Condemned 2
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
OutRun Online
The new Sakura Wars
Project Diva
The Virtual-On games
Anarchy Reigns

Who the fuck cares? Genesis emulation is perfect and Dreamcast emulation has been good enough for 99% of games for years. The only things of value they could release is the SMT/Persona games (whuich will never happen because Atlus is allergic to common sense) or their Xbox exclusives like JSRF and Panzer Dragoon Orta, which I also find highly unlikely because, again, Sega is not a competent company. I'm not going to pay for a Skies of Arcadia port when fucking Dolphin exists.

Attached: 1556299266025.png (600x664, 300K)

JET SET RADIO FUTURE FOR FUCKS SAKE, ADD IN A FUCKING TRACK EDITOR AND FILL THE SPACE WITH ALL THE NAGANUMA SHIT THEY OWN IF LICENSING IS THE ISSUE.

Seconding Shinobi, Nightshade, Otogi 1&2, Afterburner, HotD4, and VF5

JSRF, Monkey Ball. Anarchy Reigns.

*the first 5 Sakura Wars games, it would be a great time to relaunch the franchise now that there's a new title and finally give a proper translation to the games prior So Long My Love
*Sonic Unleashed and Colors
*Valkyria Chronicles 2-3, giving a proper translation to 3 in the process
*Skies of Arcadia
*Blly Hatcher and the Giant Egg
*Chu-Chu Rocket
*NiGHTS
*PS2 Shinobi + Nightshade
*Infinite Space

The first bunch i can come up so far.

I'm just here to say that Super Monkey Ball and Jet Set Radio suck

>Total War on Console
>Persona 5 on PC
Called it

Samefag here.
Forgot Skies of Arcadia, but I guess that falls under "6th gen games that aren't yet on PC"
Also, forgot Atlus shit (SMT, Vanillaware shit, Maken X), forgot Sonic Unleashed, and forgot Valkyria Chronicles 2 & 3.

>no valkyria chronicles in sight
Ah, this familiar feeling. It’s pain.

>*Blly Hatcher and the Giant Egg

Attached: a pc port.png (264x840, 135K)

I want new Virtua Cop

Don't worry user. By the time the game comes out i'm sure Yuzu will be much better than what it is now

Not on a modern distribution system like Steam, barely missed it. It just means making a version for one of those is simpler compared to the other titles.

>pc will get P5 before the switch
JUST

It's there because they're developing a hybrid arcade/smartphone game for it. kemono-friends.sega.jp/

Attached: 1529228753668.jpg (733x502, 350K)

>European people love soccer
It's called football

>>Total War on Console
I heard it flopped really bad. I see why it failed cuz the grand strategy will never work on the console period.

Samefag again. Also forgot LOCALIZE PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2

Most of the soundtrack was Naganuma and remixes. Really, though, if they have to get rid of some music then that’s alright, people will mod it back in anyway.

>Total war won't work on console
ok
youtube.com/watch?v=nWbVt_IrI2o
youtube.com/watch?v=vZOD2tPxZ-8

Give me Project DIVA Future Tone (with an uncapped framerate, and even further customizable input options), and Jet Set Radio Future.

VC4 came out of nowhere on the PC despite having VC1 already ported before it. It was expensive with a 4 game gap. Plus, VC1 was fun but for me, there was no excitement to play another one. It was novel but frustrating at times and when you looked up some tips, a lot of the best tactics were practically hacks imo.

I better get an Unleashed PC port to make up for the god awful Sonic movie, SEGA.

put me in the screencap

that joke went over your heada.

Nice

You can play all the daytime zones on Generations anyway

It looks less intuitive to me. It explains why the console peasants couldn't handle it too much. The sales on those consoles confirmed this.

shitty port without story
generations literally is incapable of rendering OG hedgehog engine quality

The problem is not Atlus having PC in mind. The issue is not having the staff and the resources to Port everything over. And I always notice with Atlus anytime they do a remaster/remake its much better than the original. My guess is Sega is going to handle everything but that they to are busy with other games and projects currently to focus on ports until this year that is.

Some people enjoy the rest of the game.
So many things in Unleashed could be redeemed if the fans woks on fixing it.

JUST FUCKING RERELEASE PUYO PUYO FEVER 2 OR PUYO PUYO 15TH ANNIVERSARY
CHAMPIONS/eSPORTS IS SUCH A FUCKING GARBAGE FIRE, ALL I WANT IS TO PLAY A GOOD PUYO GAME
FUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Attached: kaiji_cry2.gif (245x245, 991K)

>Skies of Arcadia
I just want the gamecube version with DC's audio qualty. The game sounds like complete ass on the gamecube

Just play Clementine.

>Sega is finally going to port games to more shit instead of having them arbitrarily be exclusive to one platform for literally no reason
Its about god damned time, they've been talking about doing this for years

Attached: canuck.png (563x418, 183K)

God I hate Zoomers
I never thought I'd be old enough for someone to unironically ask a question like this

Attached: Cn11XGUUsAEcqGe.jpg (573x329, 24K)

Whatever company/staff they have hired to port Yakuza and Catherine is doing an amazing job. They keep updating those games even months after release. They were initially kinda wonky but right now they've become great PC ports. Can't wait to see what they did with Kiwami 2

Planet Harriers
Virtua Fighter 4
Virtua Fighter 5:FS, with the ability to turn off that shitty motion blur.
Border Break

SUPER MONKEY BALL ON THE FUCKING SWITCH WHEN

Attached: 4b6.jpg (400x343, 8K)

Super Monkey Ball 2 PC when?

Imagine if they remastered Outrun 2 and gave it VR support.

Attached: boner.png (474x939, 827K)

sadly they don't have the license to ferraris anymore

>We will never live to see the day that developers just release their shit on every platform because it will net them more money in the long run, instead of limiting their releases to one platform because some other company paid them some ultimately arbitrary amount.

Golden Axe and Altered Beast, make this happen you fucking nips

shit's gonna be hilarious when 90% of the demands itt aren't going to be met and mostly just focusing on RGG games, sonic and maybe some atlus

>more PC ports
Sega has seen the light. Now we just wait for other Japanese publishers to follow suit

Why not Deluxe? It has every single level from 1&2, plus like 100 bonus levels.

What I find fucking ridiculous is when they aren't paid off but just don't bother to release on anything but the platform with the most sales.
Thankfully Japan is starting to realize that lots of people are just kind of done with consoles and want to buy their multiplats on PC, because really, the only people that buy multiplats on consoles are children, unfortunate poorfags, or retards that think building a PC is too hard.

I'm pretty sure they pay enough to make it worth keeping it exclusive

DARK SPIRE
A
R
K

S
P
I
R
E

Attached: pa.148660.1.jpg (640x640, 49K)

Yakuza 0 and Kiwami is Lab42
Catherine is The Eccentric Ape
Kiwami 2 is unknown (not Lab42 though)

Are there even any left though? Bamco, KT, Capcom, SE - they all release pretty much everything on PC.

more importantly, which one will get an american live action movie next?

>Kiwami 2 is unknown (not Lab42 though)
Well now i'm a bit concerned

Project Diva Future Tone.

PC is still missing kingdom hearts even though they released the game on xbox of all things

KT release dogshit PC ports
other than that every big jap company seems to have their shit together

Just emulate it

>KT
Ha, funny joke. Let me know when a non-Yaiba Ninja Gaiden game is on PC. Also, let me know when they stop releasing broken ports.

There is a development cost associated with making multiplats, its something that can be handled during development by competent management, and I'd argue that the potential gain of multiplat releases far outweighs the cost.
>Japan is starting to realize that lots of people are just kind of done with consoles and want to buy their multiplats on PC
Japan has been trending away from consoles and towards mobile and PC gaming for sometime now. If you've ever been there its easy to understand why the mobile market has blown up so much, but I'm not sure why the same is true for the PC market.

For some games, sure. Games with no hype, no sticking power, and are generally mediocre or awful will benefit 100% of the time as they aren't projecting major sales.
That being said, getting direct funding from a company like Sony, for example, and being a first party dev is a whole lot different than being third party and having money given to you after or during development.

But many of them aren't bad at all. Nioh, Toukiden 2, DQ Heroies 2 as a few examples. It's the games developed by Gust that have awful ports. Those and DW9.

Yakuza. Main character will be an American that's caught up in Japanese crime. Kiryu and Majima each have like 20 minutes of screen time.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was done internally by Ryu ga Gotoku Studio or Sega Europe internal team, the one that did VC4 port.

Please don’t tell me we’re going to see more trash like Sega Heroes.

Is Outrun Coast 2 Coast any good? I remember playing it years ago on pc, but my memory on it is really vague

SE doesn't fully support pc yet
no dq builders, not a single kingdom hearts, delayed ports etc..

I never played a Panzer Dragoon game but the screens and videos I've seen of it make its world look so stylish visually. I hope it's one of the revived IPs.

Attached: panzer-dragoon-fan-art-from-japanese-artists.jpg (622x250, 33K)

they're very barebones
IIRC NIOH didn't have mouse support on release and had hard coded controller buttons

Sega has got to be the Jap developer who touts PC sales and how it makes them money the most. Literally every year for the last 3/4 yers they have been on this 'PC is making us lots of oney' yet they're the one that take the mos time to release jap games on PC

Why can't they just, you know, release shit simultaneously on PC if they're so happy with its performance?

Shin Sakura Wars, Skies of Arcadia, the OG Xbox Sega published/developed games.

Attached: 1520709924687.gif (500x599, 1.12M)

its because the release was delayed for anything thats not japan and then some, the hype around it wasnt there anymore because nobody knew it was coming out
also other games being shown at that time

Is Puyo Puyo Tetris not considered a good Puyo game?

>mouse support
lmao who the fuck cares

I thought you were going to complain about something like high hardware requirements for a game that looks mediocre at best, resolution lock or framerate lock i.e. something that doesn't only affect literal retards.

Because it's a dogshit sequel that barely improves on the first game's already weak gameplay in any significant way, but instead dials up all the cringey weebshit moments and characters (i.e. the worst part of the first game) exponentially. It's like a textbook example of how not to make a sequel.

No. It's a good Tetris game, but it's pretty fucking mediocre Puyo game.
>came out in 2014
>had none of the EX chapters or the unlockables from those, with all of those being DLC
>only 3-4 major modes, all of them but swap are unbalanced and generally pretty shit
>5 puyo characters missing for the sake of the tetrisfags
>puyo's base gameplay is fucked with in an attempt to balance it for puyo vs tetris
>mainstay puyo modes like Fever are missing because of MUH TETRIS
>dub is fuckawful and the console versions don't even let you switch to the JP voices

>Valkyria 3 alone
>not completing the saga with the second one too

>lmao who the fuck cares
People who like to play with superior control scheme?

most likely because sega itself is fragmented and each division operate on their own
sega jp doesn't care about pc and busy sniffing their own arse
sega america are responsible for sonic games and busy injecting them with denuovo
sega eu is the only one that listens and cares, responsible for football manager, total war, valkyria, yakuza, catherine etc etc..

Doesn't the Steam version have some of that shit? I remember seeing them market JP voices on the PC trailer. There's even, like, fucking mod support for it.

kek

>sega jp doesn't care about pc and busy sniffing their own arse
>busy sniffing their own arse
It amazes me how a company can do so many fuck ups and sink so low so many times yet still not humble itself. Sega of Japan is like, on a whole new level of arrogance.

Why would SMT V be on there? We havent heard anything since annoucement, as per usual with fatlus.

As long as they relist the older games without Steam that used to be sold in GamersGate and DotEmu, I'll be happy for now.

Sega PC ports were one of my highlights of the last year. Definitely hope they do more of that.
Especially with Persona but they better not give us P5 classic when Royal fucking exists already

What a stupid thing to say. The people who think keyboard is appropriate at all for a game like Nioh, let alone superior, are legitimately retarded.

The Steam version has voice switching, but it's buggy as fuck and has Denuvo. On top of that, it's a 2017 port of a port+DLC of a game that came out in 2014. At that point, I'd rather just have a different, less shit game already.

Attached: anger.png (252x289, 128K)

also, players probably wanted to play both previous games first

It is, and if you can't play it on keyboard you are legitimately retarded

You're not entirely wrong, but they add little QoL touches here and there that I think help, and the occasional nice feature (like split-screen in Virtua Racing). Then there's stuff like the stereoscopic 3D of the 3DS Classics series that they could get working in VR.

Yes. It's the best version, especially as apparently the console shaders are just in the wrong folder in the installation (so can be restored), and there's the FXT mod that gives you more resolution choices and camera angles.

>where the duck is KH on pc square?
>Square
There's your alswer, also KH started development back BEFORE Jap Square started supporting PC more, much like FFXV. We'll probably see a port of it next year or some shit, maybe sooner since it runs on Unreal 4, which is easier to mess around with than the nightmare that is the Luminous Engine.

They'll probably way for all the DLC to drop to announce it for PC as Kingdom Hearts 3: Special Edition, or some weird name they like to give the KH's games

Will you buy Puyo Puyo Champions? Will anyone play it on steam at all? I wanted to get into Puyo Puyo for awhile, but seeing that everyone dissapointed in Champions make it seem like it's a bad time

fighting the real war eh user?

I miss sci-fi rts so much

Good one. Make it happens!

>Bayonetta 2 will never be ported because it's a Nintendo game
But so was Sonic Lost World, and it eventually got a pc port.

I thought it was f2p. I guess I'll buy it if it doesn't have Denuvo like PPT.

>but I'm not sure why the same is true for the PC market.
It is thriving in Japan right now.

Famitsu estimates there are 15 million pc gamers vs 23 million console gamers in Japan. More interesting is it says there was a 50% increase in just one year. That's unbelievable growth if the numbers are accurate.

>s.famitsu.com/news/201806/11158825.html

Here's another article about a 80% increase in gaming PC sales at one location compared to last year:

>bcnretail.com/market/detail/20180420_58606.html

different situations. Sonic Lost World was a deal Sega made with Nintendo where they would make exclusive Sonic games, BUT Nintendo didn't have anything to do with the development. Bayonetta, Nintendo is literally the ones funding the game.

Nintendo didn't pay for Sonic Lost World to be made, that's the difference.

Nah. The fact that it can be played doesn't mean it's appropriate. It's designed for analog movement and the convenient button placement of a gamepad. Having to do the same things on a mouse where only two buttons are placed in a comfortable way and an unwieldy keyboard designed for typing instead of playing where you have to go full octopus for several inputs, is simply inferior. Just like a strategy game is dogshit with a gamepad even though technically anyone could play it like that. No more (You)s for you, mongoloid.

I didn't outright hate Valkyria 2 but I think it would be better for everyone to just forget about it entirely.

Attached: PCvsPCfixed.jpg (2357x648, 283K)

I suspect the increase might have something to do with games like pubg on mobile luring people into the PC market for better performance and controls. Esports are somewhat popular in Japan too so that helps

>total war
based

Attached: 1501359405289.png (366x234, 174K)

>No more (You)s for you, mongoloid.
The fact that you've responded with such a lengthy post just shows how mad you are.

Attached: 1552016840720.png (420x387, 11K)

Saga is one of my absolute favorite games. Absolutely fucking kino RPG
The 2 shooting games (which are great too, but they're "just" shmups really) are getting a remake, it's officially confirmed. But the studio doing it is a literally who EU studio. We'll see.

Attached: 1554245456676.jpg (434x431, 84K)

Yeah, I was wondering if the reason for the increase isn't shit like Pubg or Fortnite or some online PC game. That's they game on PC the most, online games.

If that number translates to traditional single player games, that's another subject entirely.

>persona 5 on epic store soon

screencap this bitches

>Kemono Friends on PC
hell yeah

I dropped pds in disk 3, had the combat figured out ages ago and the random battles got tiresome. The writing was pretty dry, too. What's so great about it?

>If that number translates to traditional single player games, that's another subject entirely.
Probably not since most Japanese publishers don't even let Japanese people buy the PC versions and they usually don't even have Japanese text in the western release

They didn't even list EGS even though they listed WeGame. You're a fucking retard.

I know, I'm just saying I'm not sure how or when it grew so big. From my understanding of the industry in the past, PC gaming was the platform that received far less attention in Japan, but at some point in the last 20 years that began to change.

Was pubg that big in Japan though? Could be that is right as well. Maybe its a result of online multiplayer games that drove the boom.
Personally, I'm inclined to think that the growth of the mobile market combined with the falling price of PC hardware drew more people to the platform.

yeah, I bet that PalmDesert of Japan also contributes that growth and influences other Japaneses into steam too.

Attached: tumblr_nh5h756zDX1rrcih9o1_1280[1].jpg (1125x404, 129K)

The drpg with lewd lolis.
Mannn I want to fuck this gunslinger girl...

why u so mad steam boi?

BUT IT HAS A CUTE LOLI user. BUY HER GAME!

Why would I be mad? It's the store you're shilling that won't get anything.

Stfu Sonytard. Don't you have censored games to play?

Any upcoming SEGA games worth buying or announced?

That sounds like they're going to market with only ports and old games.

>PC
>give steam 30% or less if your game sells enough copies
>rake in 70% profit
>console
>after all the fees take 20% profit
wow PC is such an unviable platform am I right

Attached: 1537164342356.jpg (1920x1124, 940K)

>Was pubg that big in Japan though?
There was some Chinese(?) knock-off pubg that came out just before mobile pubg that was popular enough that the few Japanese friends I have were playing it. Obviously a very small sample size though

Sega ports are all fine, though. I don't think I've had any issues. I think there were a few with the Yakuzas, but I never experienced them and they were ironed out quickly.

JSRF
Sonic Unleashed
That's pretty much it for me

Etrian Odyssey?

Attached: 1547482596791.jpg (500x500, 162K)

The story and characters are definetly worse than in 1 but I did like the changes to the gameplay

I remember that too, but it happened long ago. Maybe, they no longer do it right now. We see more Japanese steam users than before. They also play the Japanese games on Steam.

jesus christ no wonder why they're desperate to kill off console physical games with enormous day 1 patches and shit

>dev costs
That's a silly thing to include there

How did that chart look like before discs were a thing and games were on cartridge Sega?

i will, even though i hate the counting and mobage characters it's still worth it for the improved matchmaking alone. Also it's cheap and on pc, i hope they keep releasing puyo games on steam.

I don't know what the situation is right now but even recently released games don't always have Japanese text on Steam so even if they could buy it they would have to play it in English

>even recently released games don't always have Japanese text on Steam
Which? There is a golden week sale on steam showing a list of japanese games including Japanese text. hmmmmmm

shit like jacked up prices need to be addressed
take sekrio for instance, ps4 physical costs about 6k yen while the pc digital version costs 8k yen for absolutely no reason
this applies to so many games i've noticed on steamdb

I WANT SKIES OF ARCADIA 2 NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUN, ADVENTURE, AND SOUL!!!!!!!!! NOW NOW NOW NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: 1534491688730.png (857x725, 358K)

Digital Devil Saga.

>FUN, ADVENTURE, AND SOUL
> In 2019

Nah.

Jet Set Radio Future please

Attached: 1553195687587.png (512x512, 152K)

>sekrio
I don;t know why it happens. I also check out other Japanese games, and they are cheaper? Maybe just golden week sale?

Yes.

>DDS duology gets a remake
>both games in a single bundle
>also featuring a new girl that happens to have a deep connection to Serph and the story

Attached: deleat this.jpg (1380x1728, 210K)

Based
PC never ever, though

Attached: 1527823570187.jpg (640x600, 199K)

Attached: Skies of Arcadia OST.jpg (800x600, 141K)

Wasn't the novel released years ago supposed to be the original draft of DDS2?

What could they even do in a sequel? The game ended with no loose ends. Only way I can see it happen is if it's a Boruto situation where you play as Vyse+Aika's kid in the future and they make shit up.

Yeh the 3ds was a mistake.

Because the amount of Wiimote functions it has makes it a pain in the ass to play with normal hardware.

Fuck. Yes.

SEGA Europe was the one injecting Denuvo into games like Sonic Mania, though.

MURAMASA
ODIN SPHERE
YAKUZA 6/4/5/DeadSouls/ Samurai spin off
Dragon of the north star
pic related

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.09M)

Revisions of SMT 1, 2 and if would be great

>persona is an atlus game, not a sega game
sega OWNS atlus

WHERE IS VIRTUAL ON LOCALIZATION SEGA
WHERE IS IT

Looks like they backpedaled though, they removed denuvo in yakuza 0 and didnt add it for catherine classic, yakuza kiwami and it seems kiwami 2 will not join the denuvo line up too.

Muramasa's has a bunch of different publishers, none of them are Sega/Atlus.

>Pic related
Already on Steam dum-dum.

Sonic 3 and Knuckles with a proper PC port. Also Sonic 1 and 2 mobile ported to PC. Though at this point I guess AIR makes S3K porting a moot point.

The railguns x virtual on game is hot trash. Sega is doing you a favor by not localizing it.

As for the Virtual On IP, it's dead Jim.
youtu.be/gqWec727d_o

>Already on Steam dum-dum.
what song ae they singing dum dum?

Judge- o fuk i get it nao Didn't they alredy pretty much confirmed it's coming though?

Where's my HOTD collection for PS4?

Oh god just let them make a fucking port of The Ocean Hunter.

pretty much but until is not oficial im gonna keep asking for it

>still no new JSR
>still no new HotD (ot TotD)
>still no Outrun, new or old
>still no new Monkey Ball
>still no new Alpha Protocol

They'll probably drop the announcement at this year's E3 PC gaming show like last year.

Please, just give me a new offline Phantasy Star and/or a Shining without Tony Taka on it. I'd love to see other Sega IPS come back in general like JSR and SC5(though I guess that's coming a bit true with the VR port + non VR mode that comes with it) as well but these 2 series are literally the main reasons I still even bother with the company. Even remakes would be more than welcome, especially if it's a remake of Phantasy Star 3.

Attached: waah.png (128x176, 2K)

Fucking pso2 WHEN
The game is good now you slant eyed fucks

Not Sega but where the fuck are Dragon Quest Builders 1 and 2 PC ports

You guys do know they're only doing this because they lost a shitload of money on mobile shit this fiscal year and are currently operating in the red, right? It seems like they're just panicking now and trying to play it safe.

based mobile
if only konami did the same

Don't see the issue so long as PC gets more attention and they realize it's a viable market.

I'd rather take a singleplayer Phantasy Star game at this point
PS Nova was decent but fell into the background way too quickly

Did the survey work?! PSO when?

Attached: 1555010287189.png (293x265, 111K)

There hasn't even been a non-Yaiba NG game released this gen.

More modern version for ya

Attached: Sega IP.jpg (6720x2464, 3.12M)

Isn't investing mobile playing it safe though? It requires less man power, time, and money to invest on the mobile market. I mean, if they're in the red beause of mobile investments, how much fucking money do they spent on mobile games?

Are they still retarded that they can't properly budget a game to save their life?

don't give me hope user

I'd love to see them rerelease their old 90s PC games with compatibility updates.

>VF is one of the most groundbreaking franchises of all times for successfully bringing fighting games to the 3D realm
>Every main releases is critically acclaimed
>Fighting games are in the midst of a renaissance
>Even SNK is taking risks by bringing fucking Samurai Shodown back and are even making profit out of pre-orders alone
>Sega continues to ignore Virtua Fighter

Attached: 1545095810429.jpg (1100x1152, 389K)

I will still pirate everything if ports are delayed from console release. I'm not eating sloppy seconds from several year old games.
Release on the same day like RE2 and Sekiro or I will steal your game.