I'VE COME TO MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT

SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG'S A BITCH ASS MOTHERFUCKER

Attached: eggjim carreyman.jpg (720x369, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FvvZaBf9QQI
youtube.com/watch?v=-bNCfEvQFUY
youtube.com/watch?v=8zIDiHXvhOY
youtube.com/watch?v=YapeV5XBgQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=zfNIA2MR79E&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=nwntjVr-OZA
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=63&v=zfNIA2MR79E
youtube.com/watch?v=tLBL4M55tJU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What's the likelihood we'll hear Escape From the City in this movie?

Attached: amon.png (1330x765, 1.98M)

>eggman
>not an egg
baka to be desu

Attached: 1553601544620.jpg (951x709, 98K)

0% unless it's some wierd shitty orchestral rendition. Expect to hear a Green Hill(s) version of that.

slim, they apparently used gangster's paradise and everybody dance now for the trailers

He's called Robotnik in this. The writters only watched the american cartoons for reference,

His name isnt eggman. His NAME IS DOCTOR ROBOTNIK!!!

Then the movie will be based and redpilled

fuck, meant for

t. egghead.

So we'll hear at least one PINGAS in the movie

source? i assumed they just dicked around in green hill zone in sonic 1 for a bit and based the film on that, seeing as the town's called green hills and the plot is centred on sonic "getting his rings back." i know sonic's voice actor has at least played mania

He looks like blade runner gosling with a mustache

eggman apparently loses his hair and gains weight during the course of the movie so he ends up looking more like his design in the games

t. Chris-chan

This movie is going to be so fucking bad its gonna push back the rest of the upcoming game movies sans maybe illumination's mario movie, since thats gotta be at least "okay" given Miyamoto having strict control over it. Not gonna see mario twerking to a pop song or anything.

>sonic mania leads everyone to believe sonic's back on track
>sonic forces and this movie immediately shit on everyone's hopes and dreams

Did you expect anything else? We´re living in Capcom´s redemption arc, not Sega´s

Capcom's redemption arc for everything but their fighting games division
Fuck Ono

>Sonic
>Back on track

Sonic was never good.

That´s actually true..well, give then time, maybe things will be better in the next fighter, who knows

There's been rumors of Mvci becoming MvC4 now that Disney owns everything so all the characters can be there. I hope they make it from scratch on re engine, though.

The moon better blow up in this movie

It hasn't been Robotnik since Sonic Adventure 2.

>Hahahaha, you're too late Sonic, I have already kidnapped all the forest animals, and given them vaccines! It's only a matter of time until their autism kicks in. HAHAHAHAHA

He's still called Robotnik, his full name is Dr. Ivo Robotnik, Eggman is just a nickname which he "hated" in SA1 but not really since he was always Eggman in Japan, SA1 and 2 just retconned both names into canon.

>not bald
Literally inexcusable

What if movie is actually good?

Based

What if poo actually tastes nice? Try it and report back with photos, user.

That old Naka interview is no longer canon. It's now just Eggman and ONLY Eggman, period. The only time you'll ever see Robotnik is as a US localization joke (like in Generations).

Not even his family goes by Robotnik anymore.

Not him but are you like, literally retarded? Eggman's canon name is Ivo Robotnik, from the Robotnik family like Gerald Robotnik and Maria Robotnik. It doesn't matter if they don't mention it every game, his name is Ivo, period.

this movie is going to be fucking kino I can't wait

>Movie is going to be cinema
WOW!

Forgetting that SEGA has been spending over a decade erasing all trace of past American localizations so they can make everything singular and consistent. The Robotnik name is pretty much at the top of their list of Americanizations to be destroyed permanently, and by all means it has.

Those rumors are fake. I won't get my hopes up again.

>blackpilled Jim Carrey doing comedy
Picked up.

Is there any hope for this movie?
Like, anything going for it?

Watching it all crash and burn.

When is the trailer coming out?

The "it's so bad it's good" crowd?

They aren’t actually going to have gangsters paradise playing right? I mean everyone is just going to take the piss

Hopefully being the only one SEGA's contract allowed them to make.

Maybe Chris-chan doing a mass shooting at the Film's premiere.

The fun of laughing at horrible sonic stuff.

>Film comes out
>Gets positive reviews
>Becomes a modest box office success
How badly would Yea Forums react?
Not gonna happen of course but not because Sonic can't be good, it's that even wants it keep being bad so they can justify their mindset

>literally nothing but delusions
The name "Ivo Robotnik" is canon, user, this is a fact. I don't know why you dislike it so much but you aren't changing this fact

HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT OBAMA

I PISSED ON THE MOON YOU I D I O T

you can't spell ignorant without "ign"

His base is literally called the death egg in the Genesis games.

It's delusional to think that Disney or Marvel would ever want to work with Capcom ever again when they shat the bed hardcore with MvCI.

I've been playing sonic games since I was a wee lad on a genesis
I'm hyped if only to watch this be a complete crazy-ass clusterfuck of a trainwreck

I'll be enjoying this with a bag of popcorn and a bunch of friends to laugh at it with

Considering Disney/Marvel had a hand in shitting all over it? Yeah I agree.

also their more niche games.

Great Ace Attorney and Investigations are still Japan only. They can go fuck themselves with this bullshit

>Hanging on to a long-outdated interview as the only argument to the sad truth that they wiped out the Robotnik name ages ago.
>Not realizing that SA1 and 2 only used Robotnik as a way to transition America into accepting Eggman as his only name.

To be fair, Sega is fine, bar Sonic.

His name is still Ivo Robotnik, they even bring it up in Generations. He just was called Eggman in Japan from the start so they merged it together.
Plugging your ears and saying it doesn't count doesn't make it untrue.

Even if it gets negative reviews, it'll probably be a success anyway. Remember shit like the Emoji Movie, which tons of people saw "ironically" and it was insanely successful at the box office?

Hate to say it, but I'll see it because of how bad it is.

he's dr. ivo "eggman" robotnik

Only in the US localization. The Japan line is:
>"Two Eggmans?!"
>"Confusing, isn't it?"

>Hanging on to a long-outdated interview
Literally don't know what the fuck are you talking about. It's in the fucking games you delusional autist, "Eggman" is a nickname and "Ivo Robotnik" is a name, no matter how many times they use which one, the nickname is still the nickname and the name is still the name.
Jesus, "Eggman" being his name doesn't even work since SA2 because Maria and Gerald, you are just undeniable retarded

Well I'm on Yea Forums and I'm hoping it's both horrible and does well enough for a sequel so I have more to laugh at.

Check out these eggheads.

>strange, isn't it?!

Attached: ova.jpg (1143x857, 75K)

It hasn't been in games since SA2, except as a rare localization joke like in Generations.

Ben Schwartz sounds like a good fit as Sonic and I hope he does a good job. It's unlikely as fuck but I would love it if he took over in the games at some point

Attached: D5V0_XUW0AE6qbb.jpg (1315x738, 132K)

t. seething autist

HE PISSED ALL OVER MY FUCKING WIFE
DRRRRRRRRRROPLETS

Half of the moon was blown up in SA2 as well. Take a look at it in any recent Sonic game and see how canon the details of the Adventure series are

>I know sonic's voice actor has at least played mania
So?

even if it was good people would hate it on principle of it being a western vidya movie

where the FUCK is the trailer?

Attached: 1556587678749.jpg (1199x492, 139K)

youtube.com/watch?v=FvvZaBf9QQI

Good fucking lord that's bad.
I think whoever wrote tails gets trolled would have better CGI than this.

I mean it's still terrible but at least it's better

Attached: egg.png (1360x768, 1.05M)

>Gangsters Paradise
Can't wait to watch this trainwreck. Too bad it comes out on fucking boxing day in the UK.

Attached: 1550006993784.png (417x566, 500K)

See >It doesn't matter if they don't mention it every game, his name is Ivo, period.

>it's not canon because I can ignore it
Yikes. Also the moon is just seen from the other side all time (also Maria was in Shadow the Hedgehog too, not only in SA2)

>sequel will never happen with crazy Eggman trolling the furries and tricking Knuckles

Why, do you need a license for that as well?

>Gangsters Paradise

Literally straight out of the trailer for Dangerous Minds. They didn't even try to disguise it by making it a melancholy instrumental version like they did in the Valerian trailer a couple of years ago.

I won't be able to watch this because I'm in class but my expectations are buried in the ground

So I’m assuming Tails isn’t going to be a part of this mess?

Doesn't seem like it, and that's probably for the best. I remember one of my friends saying awhile ago that they wanted a Heroes sized cast for this movie but even I knew that wasn't going to happen for one reason or the other

So is no one gonna question that he has a teleporting ring?
Also Jim Carrey Eggman looks good.

>tfw eggjim carreyman looks to be the only good thing about this film
is this it? have the "sonic was never good" fags won?

well they have fired ono

Attached: 1497230836315.png (320x289, 149K)

>Thinking a highly race and politically driven ace attorney is ever gonna make it state side

Honestly, I want to see it. The animation sucks dick, but they're sorta nailing everything else.

if it get's... neggative reviews you mean

If this game references all the stupid memes that came along with this franchise, then it's saved.
I don't care how shit it will be, I want to hear Robotnik say PINGAS.

here's your memes bro

Attached: sonic flosses.png (763x62, 22K)

It's like the guy using Sonic's Twitter and Chris Chan teamed up with a bunch of Hollywood hacks.

Why do you care? why would you want fan service in this shit movie? why would you want to feel good things about it? It is a travesty, it looks terrible. I hope it flops so this studios won't be encourage to invest money on shitty live action adaptations

>nailing everything else
Like what?

Sonic's coffin.

No, none.

The best we can hope for is that it bombs hard enough that no one tries this formula ever again

Just pirate it dumbass

Attached: 1498502573475.png (423x584, 575K)

Sonic being a goofy good hearted punk. Eggman being a weirdo. It matches up well with the American cartoons.

PINGAS

>I've come to make an announcement
There are multiple threads with that quote but I didn't hear it in the trailer. What's the rub?

Shadow pissed on Eggman's wife

Attached: 1554604262636.jpg (455x525, 162K)

Why is all of Hollywood about disgusting uncanny CGI now?

>Well yes buts its not my child

That was mildly funny... What if it's actually funny?

I hope you're not referring to the pokemon movie which, unlike the sonic movie, is looking great

Why live action? Why not just make an animated movie featuring the same cast that looks as good as Into the Spider Verse?

That included. All modern live action CGI is uncanny valley terms of ugly.

>$90 million budget
This movie is going to get fucked hard

Attached: gabe jedi.png (657x665, 681K)

It makes the universe merging ritual easier

youtube.com/watch?v=-bNCfEvQFUY
Everyone should have seen this so everyone should know.

Get shitfaced and go see it with a friend. That is the only possible outcome.

It's going to make 400 million and you know it.

everything MUST be live action, it's mandated by law

Jim Carrey killing another hooker

This will be glorious on the level of the old Super Mario movie. I already love it.

Dude even in the old cartoons Sonic still calls him egghead all the time. They weren't 100% accurate with the lore because there practically wasn't any lore to be used back then.

>another
What

Is Tails in the movie?

No one from the games are in the movie but Sonic and Robotnik/Eggman, or so I heard

Aw, I wanted to see the whole gang do a dance-off.
youtube.com/watch?v=8zIDiHXvhOY

Attached: carrey.jpg (900x1058, 203K)

Ben Schwartz isn’t too terrible and they’re going all out with Jim Carrey. That’s about it. Based on the leaks and the summary I thought that Marsden was gonna be older, like a grizzled cop but more family friendly, but he’s just a 20 something. That’s honestly the biggest disappointment for me when I went in with little expectations.

i've never played a sonic game but im glad im finally gonna get to see the story of the game in a movie, it looks super cool

but the movie is unfaithful as fuck to the source material?

Maybe if you're a zoomer who grew up with the shitty Adventure games. Believe it or not, there was a time when the plot of Sonic games was nothing more than stopping the evil scientist.

>Guys seriously if I see one more egg joke I'm ending the stream

Attached: D5VzdeGV4AAag8a.png (669x350, 456K)

I would pay to see a livestream of chris-chan's reaction to this movie, (s)he'll end up throwing shit to the screen

>and a bunch of friends
Haha y-yeah

BALLIN'!

The trailer alone eliminated all possibilities of that
Like i'm literally afraid of watching it because i just fucking know Sonic will either floss at some point of the movie or he is going to make a Trump joke and honestly i don't think my weak heart will be able to handle it

good lord

What am I looking at

I don't know, the ending of the trailer made me crack up. If they keep up with the jokes and don't take it too seriously, it could be a fun watch.

The likelihood of hearing anything even remotely cool or from Crush 40 is coming out to 0%.
Face it. This movie is going to bomb.

I hope the trailer is intentionally cut badly, and then the movie proper turns out to be a good adaptation

melted garden hose on a reel, maybe?

I don't understand why they didn't just go for this appearance at the very fucking start?
For that matter, is Nu-Robotnik a fucking GUN agent?

Attached: [Confused Screaming].jpg (1014x1024, 82K)

SNOOPING AS USUAL I SEE

electric cables melting due to high voltage.

No.
The movie tries to be self-aware but is too cringeworthy so laughing at how bad it is isn't an option.

the music was fine until they shit the bed with gangsters paradise.
they couldn't get that rush 52 or whatever the fuck it's called?

Attached: dspold.jpg (192x192, 7K)

Search the other threads for the leak. He flosses.

frozen 2 it's coming in november too, so the sonic movie is basically dead on arrival

Attached: sonic.0.0.jpg (1600x900, 169K)

It's better this way.
Let them sweep this thing under the rug and pretend it never existed.

Attached: ssb67pq1c3621.jpg (679x1305, 137K)

>Carrey memes
>Watching them go one level beyond how bad everyone thought it would be
>Amateur footage of Chris Chan being kicked out of theaters for messing with the Sonic posters

I hope they cram it with as many sonic memes as possible.

Double Nigger
Fuckfence
Chili Dogs
Friday Night
Tails Gets Trolled

I want to see them ALL

youtube.com/watch?v=YapeV5XBgQ4

Underrated fucking post

Attached: 1548103487728.jpg (1280x720, 51K)

Someone shoop him into Dick Dastardly.

Why is Eggman always the saving grace of Sonic?
Even in all the bad games, he's the best thing about them.

Thanks, user. I haven't seen this in about ten years.

Look up "Sonic adventure fandub", watch hero's story before dark.

Robotnick looks like some steampunk zeppelin pilot and I don't like it
youtube.com/watch?v=zfNIA2MR79E&feature=youtu.be

Yeah, he flosses buddy. The leak's been confirmed.

Gotta Go Fast is all we'll get

PISS DROPPPPPLETS!

Attached: Jim Carrey has come to make an announcement.jpg (600x453, 45K)

No, there is little to no actual elements from the games in this movie. Eggman's just with the government.

Underrated as fuck

Attached: 69C5ED9C-F79D-4D2F-A48D-FE4F778BBA60.jpg (1024x1024, 50K)

>the leaks were actually true
I still can't believe it

Attached: 1535478045926.png (802x512, 44K)

>Robotnik origin story
brehs, this movie might be fun if Carry gets a good chunk of screentime

I hope he doesnt turn full Eggman in just the last 10 minutes of the movie

He looks like the Boom design, honestly.

I keked

Attached: 1533632117798.jpg (400x400, 14K)

It's this movie all over again.

Attached: 16980767_768x1024.jpg (768x1024, 226K)

Attached: 45541121_188827438664033_7714735478162849792_n.jpg (640x339, 27K)

He is a hedgehog you've never seen before with a completely ordinary name.

Nah, that movie actually stayed true to the source (even though it sucks). The sonic movie is just going to be an abomination.

That's going to be what happens and you know it.

Not a chance considering SEGA really likes the current VAs.

sonic is interesting to play as, but how is he going to be interesting to watch for 90 minutes if he's so fast? is everything going to be like the quicksilver scene from X-Men?

Also, is Jim Botnik going to use the Sonic quill to make Metal Sonic?

If Carrey goes full Count Olaf i could have a good time watching him.

Attached: Dreamcast launch party.jpg (634x417, 49K)

at the 30-40 minute mark sonic will burn out/overdo his super speed and be reduced to walking/jogging and relying on the cop to ferry him around. this is the sort of 'writing' that hollywood folk tend to put in so that they can inject more comedic domestic situations.

What type of slime is that?

Nice

Attached: 82357683276.jpg (600x605, 32K)

>at the 30-40 minute mark sonic will burn out/overdo his super speed and be reduced to walking/jogging and relying on the cop to ferry him around.

Fucking hell. This is EXACTLY what will happen.

I wished they didnt use jim carrey.

literally anyone would've been better than jim carrey but yet there he is.

Attached: __hotaru_splatoon_series_and_etc_drawn_by_meganihige__9ff54fb029ff9f1410fbeda2c366a86e.jpg (600x600, 124K)

Jim will carry the whole movie by himself though

Jim looks great in the full getup at the end of the trailer.

>Eggman has such a great design that every interpretation of it is fantastic
He should've been the mascot

sauce?

youtube.com/watch?v=nwntjVr-OZA

Attached: 1417292621007.jpg (592x690, 120K)

>skinny Eggman
SOULLESS
O
U
L
L
E
S
S

APOLOGIZE TO BASED MACACOS

Attached: 674935.jpg (480x360, 52K)

Attached: 1503386094260.jpg (480x347, 19K)

he looks great ye but i just dont feel like he fits eggman as a character.

imo he's trying to be how the new lex luther was in the new super man movies but with a comedic element. And that kind of shit is basically what fills movies like this to be super generic/basic family movies.

The movie will atleast be a 6/10

He has a cameo sitting on a bench

That'd be the nicest throwback they would be able to muster in this coffin-on-wheels.

Attached: c017.jpg (1532x1920, 219K)

>Jim carrey being allowed to Ham the fuck up
>...

yeah that just about covers it.

Attached: 1449377237844.jpg (292x257, 17K)

>meanwhile, in 2011

Attached: sonic feat doug walker.png (1012x684, 693K)

based

Have sex please

He was supposed to be segas mascot originally wasn't he?

Hopefully it will finally put an end to sonic the hedgehog.

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=63&v=zfNIA2MR79E

The "Eggman funny scene compilation (Sonic The Movie 2019)" will be the only reason I move my gaze upon it

Attached: 0MAD.png (550x568, 483K)

step aside, superior eggman comming through

Attached: 123124343253256.png (232x299, 91K)

Is that a melted coil of extension cord?

youtube.com/watch?v=tLBL4M55tJU

Yeah
>There's an alternate reality where Eggman is the protagonist just trying to get some fucking sleep, while a caffeinated hedgehog is bouncing around his room being a nuisance.

Attached: Eggman.png (446x624, 330K)

This makes me thing less of Sonic, mor eof a budget Rocket Raccoon. His expressiveness ain't right, like in the "meow" scene.
I'm really hoping for Jim Carrey to carry this movie though, it's the best case of bad casting possible, but he needs to ham it up WAY more. I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG scene when.
If nothing else, it's the best Ace Ventura sequel I could ask for.

God, all these replies taking this comment seriously. It's obviously a joke.

Chris chan shoot on the premiere

lol

What an end to a saga

>The Gran Finale

Attached: 1464146587213.jpg (600x338, 20K)

Why did everyone fuck his wife?

man why the fuck didn't they just use this look for the whole film?
Why even bother with the "normal" version when this one actually looks pretty alright?

Attached: 1546073310441.jpg (551x493, 30K)

supposed to show a "downfall" as he becomes more insane + sequel bait

its an origin story

Kek

Attached: omt0fixlw0421.jpg (500x500, 29K)

Comedic effect so you can see his slow (or fast) decent into madness as he keeps failing to catch Sonic.

So is Robotnik going to be the best part of this movie?

Attached: 1538453694368.png (420x539, 284K)

Obviously.

the good doctor is always the best part

You can tell this is going to be the very last scene in the movie.

I would have preferred it if his clothes weren't all black at first, but more colorful, with shades of red and yellow. Similar to Boom, maybe, which gave him a great outfit, even if I don't like his proportions.