StarCraft 2: Korea Time

[ENG] 2019 GSL S2 Code S RO32 Group B
I am drunk 7 minutes
youtube.com/watch?v=plLhtYztgWU

Attached: sc2.png (275x275, 133K)

Other urls found in this thread:

liquipedia.net/starcraft2/2019_Global_StarCraft_II_League_Season_2/Code_S
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>literal best Terran in the world gets eliminated in the Ro32 after losing to a third-rate Protoss
nice balance, blizzard

Patience vs KeeN
FanTaSy vs Creator
herO vs Armani
Leenock vs Cure
Trap vs TBD
INnoVation vs TBD

Should be some good games today, hoping my boy Fantasy manages to pull something out of a hat, but Patience will probably wipe the floor with him.

>sc2
game is such a mess I can't even tell what's going on half the time

Attached: boom war.jpg (990x433, 117K)

That's because you don't understand the game. Brood War looks like a mess if you don't know what's going on too.

I don't play sc2. Are immortals overpowered? They seem too good at what they do.

In a sense. They're OP as shit in a vaccuum, but at the same time they're the absolute backbone of the Protoss army, and if you nerf them you completely break PvZ in zerg favor.
A large part of their strength comes from Warp Prism micro though, so if you want to change them it's better to change warp prism pickup range.

I played and watched back in the WoL days but since it has just gotten messier
I never had trouble figuring out what was going on in the televised korean brood war matches back when I didn't even play it

So you admit you don't play the game and therefore don't understand what's happening?

yeah as a supposed mainstream competitive game it's a big mess

>Losing the reaper to Probes like that
Gumiho is tilting hard, 2-0 incoming.

What?
It's gumiho, impact, trust, zest today.
liquipedia.net/starcraft2/2019_Global_StarCraft_II_League_Season_2/Code_S

The game has changed significantly since WoL so aside from super basic shit a lot of the unit balance and stuff is very different.

They’re good but are limited by their slow firing speed. But as Protoss you can basically never go wrong by building them. Same with Archons.

P R O T O S S E D
This is one of the worst things about SC2, protoss dominates TvP. Will Blizzard ever balance the damn game?

Attached: protoss keyboards.png (624x692, 593K)

Both maru and inno fucked up blocking adepts out of their main. Pretty disappointed either way since there's way too many toss in the tourney

this game aint gonna stay alive in its current state, they have to fix protoss or its fucking over

The Ro8 of Death

Attached: gsl super tournament bracket.png (326x637, 20K)

Thank goodness for gumiho saving super tourney but he really messed up in the finals, poor guy.

The problem is the difference of how much of a mistake it takes to be game ending for both races. If a terrain plays literally perfectly, they win, one little mistake? You lose.

>That shit eating grin out of Impact

You say that but last year we had dry few Protoss in. I think it’s more because a lot of people have been focusing on TvZ but neglecting how to deal with Protoss.

What is it about terran that makes them expand the slowest in both bw and sc2? At least in pro games I’ll almost always see terran expand slower

You think these guys don't play ladder religiously? Check Terran and Protoss win rates on ladder, check how much percent of top ladder is Protoss, check how many protoss map wins in tournaments. Inn all metrics they outperform. TY has a 50% win rate against ALL protoss(including the shit ones) while his others are like 68%. No top tier Terrain performs well against Protoss (except Maru, who obviously isn't consistent anymore, from Super Tournament and this season).

Because it’s more important to get your production and important tech down-pat once you get your natural and then look to expand once that’s been figured out. Production is everything for a Terran.

Ladder and GSL are very different in terms of pressure and strats being used. All I’m saying is that since Mari and Serral tore it up last year I think Protoss players have had time to concoct their own strats while the focus wasn’t on their race.

Besides TvP has always been a tricky matchup and usually comes down to how well the Terran can contain the spellcasters.

Gumiho v Zest now, who we rooting for?

Zest because I want Terran buffs.

They’re both madmen so it should be really fun. I think I lean towards Gumiho because battlemech is cool.

zest lost to this but trust wins!?!?

Gumiho v Zest after a break
Winner v Trust after
Impact moves on.

tasteless hates starcarft

Nah just SC2

Speed Banshees are so gud against Protoss who don't understand how to play against Mech. Zest is 99% dead, almost no chance to come back at this point.

thought you guys said protoss was op
this guy is getting shit on

Gumiho vs Trust next

based brainlet protard

Zest went for a Stargate, 3 Oracles, Charge, and a third base off 3 gateways. That's like a Terran trying to get 3 Banshees with Cloak and a third CC off 3 barracks against Protoss, it just doesn't work.
Korean Protoss have this weird and frankly retarded meta of staying on 3 gates until after their third nexus, they are objectively playing wrong. Patience is the only one who regularly gets 5 gates before his third and he doesn't lose to those 2 base all-ins very often.

Why are sc2 threads so dead and bw so active by comparison? Doesn't sc2 have better viewership?

Because there's a handful of people on this board who up until relatively recently went out of their way to prevent threads about the game being posted, by shitting them up to an extreme. Some of them are still around, but for the most part the game is old enough that the brigade has moved on to newer games.

SC2 had a general for games talk but it died.

>games talk
That wan't my impression.

Sc2 posters have been casted out to discord. Bw posters who don't speak Korean have nowhere to go.

Is there a lunch break anytime soon because I gotta eat

this is the second last game of the night.

Storm nerf when?

dead game

Attached: serral.png (288x302, 100K)

everytime I see TvP, I seriously ponder how its balanced

Blizzard has consistently buffed protoss throughout HoTS and LoTV, so I find it very unlikely.

Wait since when are there GSL threads on Yea Forums? Have there been threads for every GSL that I've been missing all this time?

I think these are fairly new.

It's started since the mods have been deleting the SC2 general on sight. The /vg/ shitposters have run off to shit up some other game, so we can actually have somewhat decent threads now.

When compared to Brood War, SC2 is so fuckin boring, holy shit

Eh, it's just too fast and too volatile. Even the 40 minute games have very little action because both sides are afraid of having 100+ supply vaporised in seconds if they go for it.

>Finnish Khagnate vs Hwan empire
as a Finn that victory made me so happy