Why haven't you bought the best Final Fantasy for the best console yet?

Why haven't you bought the best Final Fantasy for the best console yet?

Attached: e10119c7b0e125ceb827f27d4ff4a069_620_KR.jpg (500x718, 55K)

I own FFIII on the SNES already.

I bought XII on PC ages ago OP.

Is 12 actually any good, or is a meme?

Already have FFIV on multiple consoles.

I did. It's coming today.
It's one of the best. People just hate it because it's different.

Why would I buy a shit game?

Should I buy this for Switch or PS4? Or even PC

I'd rather play it on PS2.
You will hate it or love.

>switch single player game
>buying
Big lels

Which FF should I play first between 1-10?

>I'd rather play it on PS2.
Why would you willingly play an inferior version of a game when a better one exists?

1, 4, 6, 7, 9, 10

>buying game other than fortnite haha fags

Attached: zoomer.png (250x215, 45K)

>skipping 5

fuck nugget

5 is my favorite Final Fantasy, user. I don't know if I'd call it the best starting point for the series though.

The battle system in this game made it pure fucking garbage. Only FF i will never finish

It's good if you hate Final Fantasy and love gay Star Wars and scalies
Basically it's a singleplayer MMORPG where you operate a bot train while playing as the absolute worst JRPG protagonist of all time whose only redeeming factor is that he's inconsequential to the plot

4, 6, 7, 9 and 10 are the most accessible so any of those

no one does, mutt

They're all really different and it comes down to what kind of story you like
I'd go with FF6 for old style classic FF, FFX if you'd rather have a more bizarre setting/plot

I really tried to give it a fair chance, but I think it has the worst map design, worst music, worst story, and worst gameplay of any of the ones I have played. I'd rather play Mystic Quest. Also the game is so fucking boring that they built in a 4x turbo speed toggle as well as an infinite money toggle in the rerelease.

I've had the PS2 copy on my shelf for years. Zodiac Age is about £10 on Amazon for PS4. Do i play the original or do the changes make it significantly better?

>pseudo-turnbased combat where everyone shuffles around like PSO characters
Its shite

I'm torn between getting it on switch or PC. PC opens up modding potential like balance patches or randomizers. While the switch has comfy portable mode.

How well does it run/display undocked?

I already have the steam version and its kinda bad game

You can only understand the brilliance of FFXII by playing it on a small ass screen while shitting out a humongous log though

>this will never come to Vita

Attached: 1528562816881.png (714x697, 710K)

>Playing the Zodiac age without the Struggle for Freedom mod
I literally cannot thinkof a duller experience. The game is too fucking easy

The PS2 original and PC with Struggle for Freedom are the only good ways to play FFXII. I've played every version including PS2 IZJS, which is limiting as fuck, and PC version of the IZJS which is literally a bandaid patch "you get two jobs now because we realize what a bad decision it was to lock players out of 50% of equipment"

XII is one of those titles I keep coming back to and never finishing. I always lose interest even though I think most of the game is fine. I like how open it is compared to the other FFs. Everyone shits on the battle system and gambits but I like them. The party members are (mostly) fine too. But I'll always reach a point maybe 20 hours or so in and just lose all interest. Still the only FF game I've never beaten.

It's...okay
It's not terrible, but it does have very, very boring parts.

Also the story is literally Star Wars.
And I don't mean that in the standard Blah Blah Heroes Journey Every Story Is the Same nonsense

I mean the story is literally a straight, one-to-one recreation of Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, but with characters Mad Libs-ed around to be more Final Fantasy.

I told myself no new RPGs until I finish Octopath. I'm right at the end.

Does it still have the ugly ass sharpening filter over all textures?
Are the cutscenes still cropped incorrectly?
Can I use the og license board in this version?
Can I finally use my brain instead of playing the entire game in cruise control?

But I did and it sucks because everything looks like mobile garbage and its full of gameshark shit that I can't disable

Attached: Why the fuck can't I turn this shit off.jpg (1154x1154, 294K)

I was expecting some real FFT-style dark fantasy shit and then that opening cutscene with the "airship" tie fighters happened, bare midriff bishounen soldiers, etc
Also making Chewie into a bunny girl was some shit

That’s not Bravely Default/Second

More like why the fuck did you turn it on? It warns you that you can't turn it off before you turn it on. Also wrong game retard

I have a physical copy still in the plastic wrap from when it was released on the PS4. I'll crack it open someday. I have no idea why I bought physical.

I didn't, I just want to take it off of my menu entirely, its fucking retarded that the gameshark tier shit is just in the menu and on the pause screen. That shit should be optional when you start the game.

>Also wrong game retard
But OP said "best final fantasy" and he posted FF9, the best Final Fantasy game.

It does not fit the franchise mainline. It should have been a sidegame, like the other Matsuno games. That said, the story, worldbuilding, dialogue and art design are absolutely excellent, and gameplay suffers only from being on the easy side. The characters for the most part aren't as memorable as you're going to find in other entries in the franchise, but they're perfectly serviceable. Also you can summon Zeromus and he curbstomps absolutely everybody.

I really enjoyed it, but I played the shit out of it when I was young and dumb so it's very nostalgic. I think if you're over 25 and playing it for the first time you'd be bored

Its one of the best FF games even though its so strangely anti-thesis in a lot of ways to the core FF framework. What I would say its one of the best games under the FF brand. It is only very controversial because the game has a built in mechanic to limit the amount of time spent in menus during combat while also incorporating the battle system of FF that is normally based on the menu. I really do think FF12 gets treated poorly for its differences and not about its actual quality

Was going to and then found a physical ps4 copy for $15. $50 is not worth the upgrades, especially when ps4 might get patched

what are they patching?

it's just boring
the characters are inoffensive but unmemorable, the music is competent but unmemorable, the combat works but plays itself which makes you think "I could actually be PLAYING a different game instead of watching this one pay itself", the world is huge but bland
the licence board sucks dick, you have to read a guide to know what to sell to the bazaar in order to get the items you want, the treasure chests suck

it's only lucky that it's sandwiched between even worse games (X-2 and XIII)

>Why haven't you bought the best Final Fantasy for the best console yet?

I already have FFX for the PS2

>worst version of the game
>best FF
ZA is trash

I have it on ps2. Zodiac. It's the same thing...

>the characters are inoffensive
Vaan offended me deeply, not even Nowe from Drak2 was as bad

oh yeah and the plot is "everything interesting happens offscreen"

>Also the story is literally Star Wars.

N-no, because there is no wise Obiwan character. right? it's been 13 years since i played the game i can't remember

Dahlan is pretty much that role then basch takes it over

Best female sexy Chewbacca.