How and where do you keep your physical games collection?

How and where do you keep your physical games collection?

You do have one, right?

Attached: 1411659972.jpg (3226x1814, 926K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAA408G65596&ignorebbr=1&source=region&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwordsCAMKPL-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwordsCAMKPL-PC-_-pla-E.O.L. Tech Inc.-_-Hard Drives-_-9SIAA408G65596&gclid=Cj0KCQjw5J_mBRDVARIsAGqGLZD2wkyZeE3HkACaJMnmy6z5ctA6pDgzMzcLESaOdct4m2bEo0lvkRQaAhnxEALw_wcB
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no fag
i have a gamecube with like 3 games and that's it

I have my console disc games in a 100 CD travelling case... somewhere. Threw out the cases and manuals. Primarily a PC gamer and haven't had an optical drive installed since like 2007. Bought all the console games I have this gen digitally.

In other words: fuck physical games and fuck autists.

In some boxes hidden away in storage.

Attached: photo.jpg (2592x1936, 795K)

Soul.
Soulless.

I have a 20 physical game max, as I rarely buy more than 20-25 non indie games per gen now anyway.

This is a room that has never known the presence of a vagina.

I keep physical copies of mostly fighting games or rare games. Ofher than that, idk. I simply don't have the room for physical games anymore. I find myself moving quite a lot...

Nah, i actually like having girls come over so i just emulate like an adult.

Attached: 1549205178513.jpg (480x360, 14K)

>lived to see the day Yea Forums became more normie than reddit

Attached: 1482983908885.jpg (600x637, 43K)

Has Yea Forums started to sell off the games they don't play anymore as they've gotten older?

Attached: ff sell.jpg (720x753, 76K)

>You do have one, right?
Yeah, it's right inside my computer case

Attached: 719KsKDMM+L._SX425_.jpg (425x405, 29K)

>2019
>Still using a spinning rust drive

Attached: 1537508727492.jpg (602x709, 67K)

Girls with dicks dont count
>normie

Welcome to 2016, bucko.

pls buy digital only to support gaben's diabetus

He got cucked out of it

I only store the pirated installers in my hdd. Also call me when there's 8tb SSDs

>archive HDD
>spinning rust disc

zoomer confirmed

He wasn't a gamer if all he played was FF.

>girl's pussy when she see this

Attached: D1089_28_796_1200.jpg (1200x801, 303K)

>zoomer confirmed
No, just not a 3rd world pajeet

Attached: unnamed.gif (446x251, 750K)

i just have normal bookshelf where i keep stuff.

Are they literally so poor that they need to sell shit in order to raise their kid?

On shelves. What else?

no she just doesn't want her son to grow up as a sexist racist islamophobe like all gamers

I'm digital only.

Archival HDDs are literally the most expensive storage you can buy you dumb nigger

They're not meant to play games, but they're rated for something retarded like 80 years of continuous 24/7 usage

The OP was literally taken from reddit lol
Everyday I see something on the front page of Reddit it ends up here a few minutes later
So much for them stealing 4chins content right lol

>$1400 for a harddrive is 3rd world
newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAA408G65596&ignorebbr=1&source=region&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwordsCAMKPL-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwordsCAMKPL-PC-_-pla-E.O.L. Tech Inc.-_-Hard Drives-_-9SIAA408G65596&gclid=Cj0KCQjw5J_mBRDVARIsAGqGLZD2wkyZeE3HkACaJMnmy6z5ctA6pDgzMzcLESaOdct4m2bEo0lvkRQaAhnxEALw_wcB

Zoomers don;t care about data permanence, that's why you just buy shitty m.2 drives that die after a few years

>hoarding plastic boxes with stickers on them
>thinks it's a viable option for storage of software

Just rip all those fucking games on to a single thumb drive and play them on an emulator. It makes you look like less of a pathetic plastic toy collector, while also providing you with the convenience of living in the current century.

Attached: 1537493857113.png (630x960, 554K)

Physical is only for books.

>I own nothing
Now you are getting it Sammy!

I have a collection of pirated games.

in cardboard boxes in my closet

Unironically yes, nobody owns anything. You don't own your physical copies, you just temporarily have them in your possession - no different than digital.

House fires, water damage, burglaries, earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes, disc rot, oxidation, mites, etc. You could drop dead of a heart attack or get hit by a bus tomorrow and you wouldn't own shit.

>tfw wanna sell collection
whats the best way to do it? most of it is pokemon games. I think ive got an unopened copy of heart gold which must be worth something

This may be bait but it does a good job of demonstrating the type of mental gymnastics people go through to justify going all digital. "You might die"? Really.

take them to game stop and get 5 bucks total

If you get pleasure just from owning physical things, you are mentally unwell. Seek help.

In storage for organization & to conceal power level, you faggot

Attached: C69507A4-71BA-48C3-AF95-C045A4A59FD3.jpg (3264x2448, 2.18M)

Welcome to America! Also digital shit can get taken down and physical can get stolen yes!

Thanks internet psychologist. Could you point out the section on "owning things bad" in the DSM?

>Also digital shit can get taken down

Oh shit, I didn't know companies have the power to magically wipe my external harddrive that isn't even plugged in

That's fuckin nuts bro, the future is crazy

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders – 5th Edition (DSM-5, American Psychiatric Association, 2013) defines Hoarding Disorder (HD) as follows:

1.) Persistent difficulty discarding or parting with possessions, regardless of their actual value.
This difficulty is due to a perceived need to save the items and to distress associated with discarding them.

2.) The difficulty discarding possessions results in the accumulation of possessions that congest and clutter active living areas and substantially compromises their intended use. If living areas are uncluttered, it is only because of the interventions of third parties (e.g., family members, cleaners, authorities).

3.) The hoarding causes clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning (including maintaining a safe environment for self and others).
The hoarding is not attributable to another medical condition (e.g., brain injury, cerebrovascular disease, Prader-Willi syndrome).

4.)The hoarding is not better explained by the symptoms of another mental disorder (e.g., obsessions in obsessive-compulsive disorder, decreased energy in major depressive disorder, delusions in schizophrenia or another psychotic disorder, cognitive deficits in major neurocognitive disorder, restricted interests in autism spectrum disorder).

That covers 99% of "retro collectors" desu

>tfw had a massive collection of NES, SNES, Dreamcast, Saturn, PS1 and N64 games I amassed growing up
>flood destroyed all of it including consoles when I was a teenager

Attached: 1526671561043.gif (400x279, 1.78M)

>The hoarding is not better explained by the symptoms of another mental disorder (e.g.[...] autism spectrum disorder
kek

>to conceal power level
>at home

Attached: IMG_0329.png (1024x862, 1.76M)

>congestive and clutter active living area
>neatly packed games on shelf

Attached: 1552173837949.jpg (480x480, 19K)

You don't have to hit every checkbox in the DSM to be diagnosed m8

t. med school dropout

Still nothing, huh.

Attached: 1428457137739.png (450x532, 23K)

Pretty sure you need more than a tenuous, subjective connection to a single line of the definition.

You're pretty defensive for someone who's sure this doesn't apply to them

Do you want to talk about it?

>defines hording as follows
>b-but it doesn't have to be every single one
It also doesn't fall into 3. So 50% of the definition makes you a hoarder? You could even argue one because old videogames have significant value.

I feel like it's less defensive and more you're fucking stupid and we're pointing it out.
>A hoarder is different from a collector. People who collect items for a specific collection such as books, stamps and figurines intentionally seek for items they could add to their collection. Collectors carefully arrange and categorize their collections. A hoarder on the other hand may take any random item they like and think might be useful, save them for future use and stack them anywhere at home without organizing it. A hoarder saves items for future need. A person may also hoard items as a reminder of past memories or ones that might represent beloved friends, family or pets.

You're the one on the defensive. You are for some reason so angry about people owning things that you are now trying to use the DSM to prove that collecting is the same as hoarding.

Attached: 1544242956882.jpg (320x400, 14K)

When did it become taboo to have physical media in your house? A shelf of books/movies/games is decorative and functional. People enjoy having them. Are you spastics on that new Kondo craze or something? The minimalist thing?

The only one I might struggle with is the first one, but it's more of a "can I do something useful with this" aspect. I don't like to be wasteful if I can help it. I have no qualms throwing away actual garbage though.
I'll get a picture in a second.

Attached: 39mz03y9p9o21.jpg (750x737, 59K)

It didn't, there's just an autistic dedicated anti-collector group on Yea Forums that comes in and acts like collectors are mentally ill and don't make use of digital backups whenever we have a thread. Not to mention all the failed normalfag "have sex" shitposters that act like owning games is what's stopping anyone from getting laid.

even she wouldn't have a problem with this

>The OP was literally taken from reddit lol
That's the point, old games, physical media, and extravagant displays are decidedly NOT normie yet they're celebrated on reddit, but disparaged here, just look at some of these posts

>no I'm not a virgin lul
>it's embarrassing
>I actually have girls over
>pussies dry up when they see this
>etc

Disgusting what this place turned into

>You don't own your physical property
welcome to america

Attached: 1542686234037.png (400x290, 251K)

In an air tight box in the basement

Man, it definitely feels that way. Why would you bother dedicating your time to something like that? Weird, and dare I say 'obsessed'

>external harddrive
Isn't that physical
BROOOOOOOOOOOOOO? Pretty sure that shit is also prone to all the shit you listed.

dude hell yeah