Who would be the perfect developer for a John Wick game?

Who would be the perfect developer for a John Wick game?

Attached: john-wick-3-valentines-1.png (1199x1200, 1.78M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GPTQlfPQo6o
flickeringmyth.com/2018/01/john-wick-spin-off-tv-series-continental-picked-starz/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom-Yum-Goong
youtu.be/Kk0kufx74Io
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Chapter John 3 Wick Parabellum May 17

Attached: KINO-00031.jpg (1280x696, 140K)

i lol'd

t. colorblind

ur Mom faget

based retard

>Max Payne 3 gunplay
>light Hitman social stealth

Have no idea what you can borrow from for the hand-to-hand stuff? For Honor?

part 2 was awful, im surprised they made another one.

Why does this movie have sequels? like it was great. But what exactly about it, lent itself to sequels?
I lolled.

The guys from Rockstar who did MP3

Remedy, if they could still make games.

>2 was awful
kys

First movie he wants revenge for his dog, second movie he wants revenge for a fag blowing up his house, third movie he's on the run from basically every assassin/hitman in existence after blowing said fags brains out. They made good money and are popular movies.

That is silly. Hollywood is getting vidya tier in their lack of interest in any original IP or one of releases.

Vidya loves endless sequels, but Hollywood loves adapting books and comics.

it's going to keep going until keanu kills god for taking away everything he loves. this series is semi biographical

>wick eventually finds a portal to heaven and starts annihilating badass armored angels with his pistols

Attached: Maybemore_67855ef809c3584ef4ce5935eed1ee17.jpg (760x718, 72K)

>this series is semi biographical
This is honestly the only reason I see Keanu having so much commitment to this one character. The training this guy went through just for these movies is ridiculous.

It’s "John Wick Chapter 3: Parabellum" you retard

Yaeger. Just make Spec Ops: John Wick.

stranglehold guys + hitman absolution guys

I don't understand how you can expand so heavily on a film in which a guy goes around killing the people who killed his dog.

That's why John Wick looks good compared to other action movies.

youtube.com/watch?v=GPTQlfPQo6o

well, the guy happens to be a former assassin, member of an elite guild of assassins who work in the shadow of everyday society. while the job necessarily puts members at odds against one another adherence to a code is almost absolute like a religion. all of the rich and powerful are tied into this syndicate which spans the globe. it's hard not to be able to expand on the setting they created, unless you're stupid

Good watch, thanks for posting. I fucking love the movies and cant wait for the 3rd.

Law abiding citizen was better in every possible way. John wick is some typical Hollywood autism

No idea the first was great and it really did not need sequels

But jews in hollywood love money

>Overkill's John Wick

I'm just tired bros...

Attached: 2amPepe.jpg (1024x788, 98K)

Platinum

>John Parabellum 3 : Chapter Wick

Attached: 1534478524100.jpg (548x768, 125K)

>daughter stillborn
>wife later dies from car accident

Jesus, seems like the Wick films are more or less therapy device for our boy Keanu.

>Law abiding citizen was better in every possible way
the ending sucked, almost like someone told them half way into the movie that batman had to lose in the end

What the fuck, I thought he just wanted revenge for a dog, not massacre whole gangs and mafias.

He did get revenge for his dog, though. Just that the gang was between him and revenge

Platinum

Cause cause west has stopped making good TPS games a long time ago

the only reason he cherished the dog was that it was from his wife. he wanted to live in a way that respected his wife's wishes, but people keep getting in the way, so now everyone has to die because no one knows how to stop. it's kinda deep like that

>WEST BAD
>EAST GOOD

Capcom, because then they could maybe do something good with RE6's engine. Shit as that game was, it basically was a John Wick simulator mechanically.

Haha oh you

there wasn't a good tps since Max3 and that's a fact

it's just that keanu and the director, who was his stunt double in matrix, both love the series and had ideas for a trilogy
you can even see some kinda hamfisted references in 2, where laurence fishburne says they had already met each other, and in the trailer for 3 he says "guns. lots of guns" which is also from matrix
honestly i also love the sequel and that they made a trilogy, hope it doesn't go further than that though, except maybe a spin-off or something if they really have to

>platinum
Yeah I'd rather have my action games let me do the action instead of having qtes do it for me. Also
>west has stopped making good TPS games a long time ago
Yeah because Japan is overflowing with good shooters right?
>but muh vanquish
Yeah it was one fucking game which was directed by someone who isn't even with platinum anymore (the hacks there probably wouldn't have even conceived the idea of the game without him) and even if they tried to ape the mechanics of it the tone wouldn't fit john wick at all.

He wouldn't have killed all of them of he would have gotten to the guy first.

John Wick Musou

>he's still getting help from the boss guy of the organization and a couple of other thots
That's disappointing, I wanted this to be about him taking on the entire world by himself like what they alluded to.

Attached: 1525372023996.gif (200x200, 948K)

is it really just because of a dog

Do people still like John Wick? First one was of course amazing but the second one where the focus was on this epic world of assassins instead of something grounded like his dog and dead wife felt a bit cringe. Still had some good action scenes but not John Wick (the one and only) good.

I mean technically the epic world of assassins already existed in the first one but I agree that the movie was much better when it was in the background and not the focus.

It was what was associated with the dog that was important.

listen to the man with the gun! >:O

Attached: making money.png (673x719, 437K)

hope you like bamham combat because i highly doubt cqc would be anything else

Why does he get run over so many times? Swear to God he got hit by like half a dozen cars in the second one.

seems like boss man is getting fucked over and he'd rather say fuck it and side with Wick than do nothing

Attached: 66np.jpg (1366x768, 198K)

The shootout in the club in the first one almost felt like the director was trying to a spin on Hotline Miami. It also did feel pretty similar to a Payday 2 level, which seems almost intentional now I think about how Wick actually made it into that game

Attached: kEUNm95.jpg (1024x508, 83K)

Exactly. It was there to serve a supporting role but in the end the film was about brilliant action scenes and purebred (re)vengeance.

i legitimately think no such dev exists anymore
if we do get a john wick game it better be fuckin VR or i'm not even gonna look at it

When are we gonna get this video game bros?

Also, superiour action film coming through.

Attached: 79ac9a5123cab71212a270afbdd7fccc.png (575x847, 420K)

>Tell Tale Games

Attached: 1554798486600.png (497x374, 101K)

I honestly think that the fornite skin popularize him betwen the normies, and now they will watch it for the memes

My only complaint with the John Wick movies is that they need to use blood squibs instead of gay ass CGI blood.

>no one in this thread has noticed John has piano wire between his fingers
this is probably gonna be an integral weapon in the film

The Continental itself is actually a really nice idea for a Cinematic Universe.
Plenty of ways you could make more films, could follow other assassins at the same time as John, maybe show us how certain rules came into place.

It was a slippery slope
>Dog killed by gang leaders son
>Father tries everything to keep John from killing son in return
>Fails
>Tries to kill John in revenge for his son's death
>Fails again and dies
>John tries to go back into retirement but has killed so many people that his name is back in circles and ties back to his blood brother who he has to help or he's fucked when he comes knocking
>Does what asks realises he's been played for a fool
>Intentionally breaks Continental rule to get revenge because he's past caring now
>Now everyone's coming to kill him for his masssive bounty
John's life is suffering

Attached: 1525884097906.jpg (250x251, 11K)

The boss knew John didn't do it for no reason.
The dude he killed was a massive asshole no one liked that and was just twisting the rules of the Continental for his benefit.

I still liked 2 but it was definitely a step down from 1. That whole "EVERYONE'S AN ASSASSIN LMAO" shit was dumb

I thought it was just Keanu Reeves mid awkward pose that they decided to use as the poster.

Naughty Dog.

Whether you like cutscenes or not, Uncharted 4 had great gunplay/CQC combination.

>great gunplay/CQC combination.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Uncharted 4 had great gunplay/CQC combination.
What are you talking about?
The CQC is literally bamham PRESS SQUARE AND TRIANGLE FAST combat with more animations and the gunplay isn't anything we haven't seen in literally every third person shooter.
>oh man, but that grappling hook tho! xD

But whats going to top two silenced pistols in a busy airport and no one noticing?

Note also his sister dealing with leukemia for more than a decade and who knows what the fuck else.

If you wanna go nuts with it
Platinumgames

i still think John Wick should have been a one time thing.

Max Payne is basically John Wick: The Video Game

Attached: G L U E.png (372x155, 51K)

probably because the dog is just an event that pushes Wick over the edge and he also happens to be a former top assassin in a shadow society of hitmen?

he could have said no John just wants an excuse to kill people.

The Italian spic literally blew up his house for saying no at first. John knew that it could get worse if he continued to say no.

>He could've said no
No he couldn't. he had a blood oath that dicated that John HAD to or he was a dead man.

heh

That's why he has motorcycles, to forget all the suffering.

Attached: 64151701_p0.jpg (1073x1500, 996K)

either one

Attached: 2019-04-30_124206_1556620926.png (575x564, 113K)

Taken 1 guy vs john wick 1
Who wins?

Liam Neeson needs to many jump cuts to kill one guy.

>both are dead
>what did user mean by this?

Attached: 1538314282091.png (300x300, 74K)

Attached: Sam Payne.gif (200x200, 1.92M)

I believe From will make something good

How do you mix Hitman, Hotline Miami and Max Payne?

>the ultra violence, music, and aesthetic of Hotline Miami
>combine Hitman and Max Payne's gameplay into a "play your way" thing where you could beat the whole game stealth or go into every encounter with a balls to the wall shoot out

He couldn't. It's in Da Rules.

>more cutscenes than gameplay
nah fuck that

Bits Studios.

The Matrix should've been 1 movie.
As well as all those Marvel capeshits and Terminators and Star Treks and Star Wars, yet here we are.

Wait, I know clover is 100% for realsies dead, but is treasure gone too? I haven’t heard anything about him going under, they just haven’t made any games in like... 5 years

>didnt watch the movie
He couldnt back out, he even tried to ask the Italian to let him go, but couldnt, because if someome breaks the blood pact, its akin to killing in the Intercontinental.

Remedy

Let's go full retard, Platinum Games

Cobra is very obviously a movie where large parts of it was cut out - there's the skeleton of an amazing film but it never quite capitalizes on it.

Still. That opening is the greatest thing ever.

Remedy

>Remedy after Alan Wake, Quantum Break and Control
nah

>Alan Wake
>bad
>Control
>not even out yet

Attached: Fuck You.jpg (500x514, 64K)

Small hub-type Hitman-esque missions with more of a focus on tight close-quarters gunplay and melee combat with light stealth elements that's more about getting the drop on a couple of enemies and then breaking out into a fight from there.

Why is he so hot

mix race masterrace

Yeah, I'm thinking he's back.

Viggo did nothing wrong.

Is it good? I really liked the first one but John Wick 2 was shit.

It's not out yet.

Hear. At least mercs is fun.

Attached: 1516412774597.webm (640x360, 2.99M)

He technically didn't but he did let Iosef become the piece of shit he was that caused all his problems.
Also he couldn't let go that his son died for his own stupidity.

Team Ninja, Capcom, From Soft, the guys who made Yakuza but I'm too lazy to google the name

I doubt sequels were originally planned, but given the success of the first movie they decided to make more. The plot isn't all that important and it's a little contrived but it's really just there so John Wick has an excuse to shoot, punch and kick people.

also platinum I guess

>hope it doesn't go further than that though, except maybe a spin-off or something if they really have to
flickeringmyth.com/2018/01/john-wick-spin-off-tv-series-continental-picked-starz/

...yakuza team

Suda51

thx m8 I thought the translation would be different

My problem lies more with the fact that seemingly everyone is part of the world of assassins. I know at the end the phone calls are meant to signify that you can't trust anyone, but at the same time it could also mean every single one of those people in the park there is an assassin meaning you have to question exactly how many laymen are assassins and how this organization is even around when they use specialized currency that takes no effort to really track and everyone seems like they're in on it. Like, if anyone lost a piece of gold suddenly you have some guy who can pass as an assassin on accident simply because he picked it up and potentially took it to someone who was an assassin (Though I guess you could argue they'd just disappear the guy for it).

The nigger won though. Even though he deserved the punishment the most out of all the victims.

The story they've expanded it to is stupid as fuck but perfect for a movie that's about watching Keanu Reeves fuck people up

Underrated

Uncharted gameplay is too slow for John Wick

Rockstar Game or 2K Games (i liked mafia 2)

I don’t think they were all assassins, per se. I think they were al part of the elaborate underground network the hotel has, like the tailors or the dude with the maps and shit. If the head honcho of the continental calls them and tells them to show up, they will, and die to the dangerous nature of their work they’re probably all familiar with firearms, but they’re not necessarily “assassins”. It was just to show that he has a lot of people under his control

nuDredd was better than Wick

Attached: sudya-dredd-2012-dredd-3d[1].jpg (1332x850, 246K)

This. You don't stay at the top in organized crime if you let emotions rule you. Even if it's your own family, if they break the rules and cause EVERYONE to take a loss, they have to go and you have to deal with it, instead of throwing everything you have to satisfy your own desires.

>As for you Ma-Ma...judgement time.
nuDredd was great to watch. It was basically The Raid with gadgets.

Attached: dredd-motion-poster.jpg (680x478, 282K)

John Wick is pretty much Agent 47 during Hitman 2.

F.E.A.R. era Monolith

The whole movie just makes sence, tells a simple story but a brilliant one at the same time. No needless exposition, all buisness

nintendogs is already a thing

I want more movies like wick and dredd, just really good self contained hyper violent stylish action films. Yea Forums recommended the guest and the raid, and they were both pretty good, but they weren’t quite the same

It's his most successful role since Matrix, of course he's committed

It's a fucking crime that we won't get a sequel.

Team behind the Yakuza series

It was basically one big videogame and it was great. Props to urban for keeping his helmet on unlike any other cape movie where they have to take it off if they wear it more than 3 minutes.

then they actually made a john wick movie with zombies

Attached: 1555881620195.webm (800x450, 2.95M)

any jap dev that made a decent action game. now gimme gimme gimme

Attached: 1534407958918.webm (1280x720, 1.52M)

Sleeping dogs

Attached: 1529266777468.webm (900x900, 2.2M)

>pulls charging handle
>smashes the bolt catch
huh

yakuza

but I wouldn't go max payne route at all for the shooting, just combine it with CQC for the most part and have vanquish style shooting for longer ranges

Attached: 1529203898419.webm (800x450, 2.76M)

roids

Go watch The Protector.

A Turkish tv show? Interesting. Seems like Netflix has picked it up too. Mite b cool

Sorry, wrong The Protector. It's a Tony Jaa movie that's just John Wick but about an elephant.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom-Yum-Goong

Ah, that was showing up in my phone’s autocomplete at first, but once I googled the actual phrase, everything was about the Turkish show

What do you mean by 'stylish"? Do you just mean kind of cartoony? Shit like The Matrix and Equilibrium? The first couple of Blade movies?

But if you mean just really well made action films then all that Dredd vs. The Raid shit always amused because both of them were doing the same thing the greatest action movie ever made had already done decades before. That movie was Die Hard.

best part? when the buff white dude tosses the elephant. almost pissed myself laughing

I don’t watch a ton of movies so I’m not good at putting it into words. I guess I mean stylized, you know like how wick has shit like the nightclub scene or the hall of mirrors stuff, and dredd had the slowmo stuff and whatnot. I guess like, kinda arty? Not just HURR DURR BEEG CGI EXPLOSHUN. come to think of it, I’ve never seen die hard either. I should watch that

youtu.be/Kk0kufx74Io

Console players

>auto aim strenght: medium

I saw that movie a while ago and for someone who didn't watch a lot of those gritty-ass 70s and 80s movie, it was pretty fun.

Nice exaggeration

Fuck you, he did

Attached: Marcus_Profile.jpg (665x1000, 45K)

Team Ninja or Platinum Games
It should be fast paced action with a balance between shooting, gun and knife executions, and CQC with a lot of focus on judo throws and shit like he does in the movie. Make it have a dynamic combo system and style points, and gun/knife/CQC upgrade trees.
In the right hands it could be kino

Keanu always wanted more than one from what i know. But john wick 1 failed to tease anything for 2, thus making 2 feel a bit pointless in the beginning. But the ending of 2 made a great lead up for 3.

What was the deal with Marcus and Wick? Were they friends or rivals?

sam lake

When Willem Dafoe was really...Willem Dafriend.

They were friends. The movie wasn't exactly subtle about this. They kept in contact after he left. Marcus warns him, saves his life multiple times, basically dies for him. What the fuck do you think they were?

I'm pissed that everyone associates Wick with Fortnite now. WE HAD HIM FIRST AND WE DIDN'T EVEN WANT HIM
It did get me to see the movie though, same with Hardcore Henry

Attached: ss_4de17c80b52cc25a9077e1ea816ddfac2ec44778.1920x1080.jpg (1728x1080, 355K)

>Hardcore Henry

That movie fucking sucked. As a few minutes on youtube that POV crap was mildly entertaining but as a full length film it got really old really quick. The ONLY good thing about that film was Sharlto Copley but even he wasn't worth sitting through the film for.

Its like Uncharted to me, its stupid but you're there for the action.

I mean, I didn't dislike the movie, but it fucking killed my gf. she had to take a nap half-way through because of the headache.

Fuck off, the movie was great, finally something different from all the hollywood shit.
What's really unique about it is not even the 1st person POV, it's the non-stop action. Like, who watches action movies for the dialogue or the plot? Hardcore Henry has like 6 regular movies' worth of action, and that's what's really awesome about it, even if not everything about the movie is perfect.

Also, Jimmy was great in Payday 2

WHACK HIM

>gf

Just because his penis is feminine doesn't make him a girl, user.

I fucking loved Dredd. I'm sad that a sequel is basically never happened. Why did shitty Marvlel and DC comics have to get huge budget movies instead of a Dredd sequel and a comics accurate Mask movie?

Attached: Mask.jpg (1024x1639, 444K)

>Sharlto Copley

>District 10 never ever

Attached: 1541967079081.jpg (385x387, 17K)

Shit taste, movie was fun

Probably some more indepth CQC from later MGS games.

There was that John Woo game, Stranglehold. I imagine a John Wick game would be a lot like that, but not be such a budget game.
Pretty much everyone who made that game is out of the industry since Midway went under.

Red Circle shootout was kino. Especially the small details: Dogkiller takes girl as hostage > Wick switches to a Magnum to blast through her.

Hahaha, what the fuck? How did this pass the fucking storyboard stage?

Attached: 1549678555682.webm (600x600, 2.79M)

>the guy happens to be a former assassin, member of an elite guild of assassins who work in the shadow of everyday society
How would he fare in the Sonic Fighting Academy?

>that white phosphorus scene
That was fucking brutal. It just shows how far he will go to get the job done.

I'm not sure if the nigger in that scene had a wig or just really good hair

CDPR

Nigger I'm sure you watch all the capeshit movies and then you dare talk shit about John? Hey who's that rider? John the Revelator, who's that rider? JOHN THE REVELATOOOOOOOORRRR..

No but really kys faggot, John Wick movies are comfy.

it was a wig

Just change the model to John Wick and you're done.

Attached: 51Q21PR9GGL._AC_SY400_.jpg (349x400, 29K)

I mean this is absolute schlock
But I kind of like it

I must have missed the part where John Wick was diving through the air in slow motion, gun akimbo.

Oh wait, that never fucking happened. John Woo style action is nothing like John Wick. John Wick is about skill and precision, John Woo is about shoot a million bullets while leaping through the air and hope you hit something. Something like Splinter Cell Conviction is way closer than Stranglehold.

No one, don’t fuck with perfection by changing its medium.

>tfw I'm more excited for Wick 3 than everyone else was for Avengers
I wanna see Keanu finally be happy.

Attached: 1342310971036.png (536x546, 218K)

The sequel makes literally no sense from the premise.

Did they forget the inciting incident of the first film worked because the stupid kid didn’t know who he was in a universe where everyone knows never to fuck with him? Having some guy from his past yank him around was dumb but at least you could try to play that to his arrogance, but then he sets up a double cross on John directly making sure he and everyone he knows will fucking die. Why? You of all fucking people.

like other anons said, it has to be something like a faster paced Max Payne 3
I know people don't like how "sluggish" max feels in that game, but it didn't bother me that much especially since I was playing as an old, alcoholic, drug addicted mess basically
shooting suckers in the face with MP3's enginge felt satisfying as fuck RDR2 is kind of a more polished version of that imo
if some devs could use it with a faster style it could be perfect, with the addition of some really good hand to hand combat of course

god fucking damn it, I want a good john wick game so bad

John was already going to kill him the second he blew up John's house. That's the only reason John agrees to fulfill his end of the blood oath. The antagonist sets up the contract to save himself and feign innocence for his sister's death.

Attached: MP3docks1.webm (800x600, 2.75M)