Worth $30? I never played the DS releases and a friend recommends it

Worth $30? I never played the DS releases and a friend recommends it

Attached: ぎゃくてんさいばん.png (950x525, 721K)

Yeah, but keep in mind it‘s a visual novel with some detective work

>it‘s a visual novel with some detective work
Do kids these days not remember "point and click adventure" genre at all? That's what AA basically is, with some branching dialogue and puzzle sections in court. It has infinitely more gameplay than any VN does.

They’re good but the ”””hd”””” version kinda looks like ass because it’s just vectorized concept art. If you can play the ds games I’d go with that, but if you can’t, then it’s good enough I guess

No, games are either games or vns, there’s no inbetween these days

which is the best one?
only have time/interest for one game.

>If you can play the ds games I’d go with that
Only if he actually has a DS. Upscaled sprites on the emulator look even worse than what the HD version has.

>it’s just vectorized concept art.
It doesn't look like concept art though. It's just upscaled and filtered original sprites. Not to mention the concept art would lack all the different animations.

>sprites on the emulator look even worse than what the HD version has
In your attempt to be a contrarian you're contradicting yourself. The sprites look EXACTLY the same on the emulator as the did on DS, as long as you don't (for some weird reason) change the pixel aspect ratio.

I played some of these on the DS, basically they're visual novels with slight interactivity where you have to solve silly and improbable cases. Very often the logic behind the case is shaky at best, there is also some mild paranormal bullshit, that's why I don't really like these games. Worth a pirate, not sure if they're worth buying.

Have fun playing with your monitor glued to your face then. At least with DS you can just take the thing in your hands and look closer.

They’re all one connected story, you can’t skip around. Which is fine because the first game is pretty solid.

Yeah I should have been more specific. Emulating it would be bad too. Maybe emulating it on a phone would be ok, but I’m not sure. Best to just stick with playing it on a ds/3ds if possible

I mean it’s probably a bit of both, but have you ever looked at the aa art books? They have the original art for every pose they sprited

Attached: 8CAEA109-B574-47F7-BB67-1C5BE2AF81A1.jpg (1280x1903, 291K)

The bottom rows aren't concept art, they just put the finalized sprites into the artbook.
They don't have nearly the detail level of the actual concept art on top.

should i get this game on switch or steam?

i do remember being a lot of touch stuff for items so switch would be better?

I don’t think you remember how low res those original sprites were if you think that art is the spritework. Don’t forget these were originally gba games with a max resolution of no pixels by none pixels

Attached: F1BE95A3-2070-4DD6-A932-344DC1119EBF.png (696x514, 212K)

Point and click adventure is essentially VN with puzzles.

You've gotta start from the beginning.
It's probably the best of the trilogy though, best soundtrack and last 2 insanely good cases.

I don't mean the literal game resource files, I just mean the art that was digitized for the sprites. It's clearly different from the proper concept art of the characters.

Switch if you care about portability. It's an enhanced port of a GBA game so there's no need to worry about any performance issues.

The original trilogy only has touchscreen and mic stuff in the extra case they added to the ds version (1-5), and even then it was just rubbing on fingerprint powder and then blowing it away, and grabbbing and rotating evidence, so it would probably be just fine with mkb if that’s your only concern

No, kids today don't remember a genre that was only popular in the 90s.

Oh I see. And I was also trying to refer to those original resource files when I was talking about vectorizing the original art, I just worded it poorly. Sounds like a lot of miscommunication all around, whoops

Attached: 19DEA2D3-AB8B-4DED-B503-CAF96DC9F8FD.jpg (600x600, 150K)

>he doesn't know about the rusty lake series

I assume a majority of people don't know anything about some obscure games made in the Netherlands. Looks like they're made for phones. A far cry from the golden age of Sierra and LucasArts adventure games.

Fuck off retard. Go browse newgrounds some time and educate yourself.

Sorry for not giving a fuck about your shitty awardwinning pixelart indie studio games.

emulate the DS games on your phone, $30 is too much for Gameboy advance games

I miss Mia...

I don't. Not when she's holding your hand through every other case even from beyond the grave.

Yeah, do it, you´ll get a lot of mileage out of these. I´m replaying it right now and I´m on Act 2 of the second game with 22 hours of playtime so far.

Should I get Kara no Shouju or hatever it´s called? It´s 50% off right now and looks kinda interesting, I´m kinda afraid Steam might have a change of heart and ban it